Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Skold »

@Wyernite I may be wrong in saying this, but I think you mentioned a distaste for Plotinus. Do explain?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Plotinus »

@Wanderer: yes. a few actually but some of them are improbable. I think the most likely is that the newbie scumteam didn't manage to figure out who the remaining power role was on day 2 so they went with the most experienced player instead. The IC would have been helpful in LYLO, so in the absence of an obvious power role, the IC was chosen. Skold's idea of everyone listing their suspected scumteams can sort of help rule this out once they claim because anyone who suspects the person with the power role hasn't figured out who it is.

Or a more experienced scumteam thought singer had a power role because she didn't stick her neck out too much this game and was careful not to lead the town and she wasn't the most widely townread which may have been an intentional move to avoid the nightkill (if she had a power role).

the improbable theory relies on the power role intentionally not being killed because the person with the powerrole would consider anyone who knew that they were a power role and didn't kill them to be innocent. For example if the power role crumbed their role to a particular player and then weren't nightkilled, that particular player would look innocent and wouldn't be a lynch candidate.

Last game in LYLO when we were all so sure of ducks, I did have a thought "oh no what if it's wanderer" because I'd read on the wiki that you should vote your townread in LYLO and because I'd been wrong about everything so much I worried I was wrong about wanderer too, but wanderer was the one person in the entire game that I wasn't wrong about. Anyway, the improbably theory feels like that "oh no what if it's wanderer" feeling from last game.

@skold: leaning argos/wyvernite at the moment but not ready to vote. I want to hear from Wyvernite or Wyvernite's replacement (he's due for a prod soon, but I really hope he won't have to be replaced because a replacement can't tell us what wyvernite's been thinking. Wyvernite has been out of step with the rest of us which if he's town could be a good thing after two mislynches, and I want to know how his reads have changed after dcl's death, if he still suspects wanderer and me, what he thinks of you and argos)
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Plotinus: Gotcha.

Who would be up for an Argos-lynch today?
(Will explain after everyone has answered)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Plotinus »

sure, Argos can be on the table. He is reminding me a bit of mainez from last game.

Skold? Wyv? opinions about Argos?
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Skold »

I think Wanderer and you are town, so my scum read on Argos is mostly via process of elimination. If there is a better case, I'd be happy to hear it.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Skold »

Going to be honest, I'd rather see a Wyv lynch, but I could settle for Argos if it came to it.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Well then,
Skold and Argos are the scumteam.

Nobody vote before Wyvernite gets in!
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Plotinus »

@Mod can wyvernite be prodded please
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Plotinus »

Wyvernite hasn't even visited the site since before the hammer: Last visited:29 Apr 2015 07:39
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Prodding. I am back now.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Good to have you back, Cephrir :)

Wyvernite still hasn't logged in.
Skold has logged in and posted somewhere else.
Argos hasn't been here since a little after .

Getting more and more confident it's Skold and Argos.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Plotinus »

yeah. I'd still like to hear from Wyvernite's replacement if he's being replaced, though. Deadline wasn't listed in the daystart post, but I guess we have until around the 16th May, so that's plenty of time for Wyvernite to either come back or be replaced.

Or, I guess we have to wait anyway, because we need 3.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Yup.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Deadline will indeed be May 16th, 2 PM US Eastern.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Plotinus »

I have listed every interaction here, not just ones i found particularly towny or scummy. That includes referring to arguments we've been asked by the mod to drop so responses to this post shouldn't focus on those. the interaction happened but it should be considered null.

Wyv/Skold
Wyvernite's interactions with skold
:
RVS voted him in
Unvoted him to vote saad instead in
found him scummy in but didn't want to read him because he was V/LA

Skold's interactions with wyvernite
:
shared favourite type of pasta in
asked wyvernite why he was scumreading wanderer in
was nullreading him in
tentatively accepting of the case against wyvernite in
wanted to give wyvernite time to defend himself in
called him scummy in
listed wyvernite as scum with argos in
asked wyvernite to explain his views on me in
prefers wyvernite lynch over argos in

Wyv/Argos
Wyvernite's interactions with Argos
:
townlean on him in

Argos' interactions with Wyvernite
:
Wants to hear more from him in
has trouble reading him in
doesn't like how wyvernite is afraid of bandwagonning people and voting people others are townreading in
guesses he would vote wyvernite
scumread on wyv is mostly process of elimination but doesn't think skold would bus wyvernite so soon

Skold/Argos
Skold's interactions with Argos
:
wants dcl's opinions on argos (and singer) in
null on argos in
refuses to continue the replacements/ongoing games discussion with argos in
asks me who of himself, wyv, and argos I'd be willing to vote in
i think he's calling argos inactive in (this is just a brief mention of argos, he's asking for clarification on something wanderer said)
argos is scum by PoE in and
prefers wyv lynch over argos in

Argos' interactions with Skold
:
finds his posts flighty and odd but it could just be playstyle in
would be suspicious of Skold if he replaced out because newbie scum are more likely to do so (this is true) but doesn't want to rush to judgements based on statistics in
wants skold to talk more and would like to see some pressure applied on him in
wants him to explain his reads regardless of alignment in
ongoing games thing in
not fully happy with skold but liked his response to pressure in
skold-wyvernite team based on PoE but doesn't think Skold would bus wyvernite this early in

Argos seems a lot more tentative around Skold than around Wyvernite. Like, every interaction with him is "he seems a bit off but it could be nothing" or "he seems more towny but could be still be scummy". I think Argos is cautious in general and I have a soft spot for cautious players, and I think there was some of this with saad as well: he seems scummy but he could be a non native speaker, he seems scummy but maybe it's just his punctuation (and I was saying those things early on too for different reasons that I still can't talk about, but the main reason I stopped was that I didn't
know
he was town and defending him didn't seem to be doing any of us any good. it was just too much work for someone who easily could have been scum after all.)

there are a few things that don't quite fit but maybe i'm assigning too much weight to them. I think one of my flaws is that I keep trying to approach this like a logic puzzle and it isn't one.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Skold »

In post 535, Wanderer-nl wrote:Good to have you back, Cephrir :)

Wyvernite still hasn't logged in.
Skold has logged in and posted somewhere else.
Argos hasn't been here since a little after .

Getting more and more confident it's Skold and Argos.

What? If not logging in is a reason for scum then it's Wyvernite/Argos. If posting elsewhere is a reason for scum, then what bizzaro land are we in? You've yet to explain this duo. Are you town reading Wyvernite? Wanderer is making less and less sense. I'm waiting on that replacement.
pedit: Holy fuck, I'm getting to that later.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Skold »

Plotinus' post seemed a little tip-toey. Who is your bet for the scum team? I won't discuss the content, because it's simply a matter of fact and there isn't much you can say about it.
@Argos there is no reason to rule out a bus. Completely possible strategy if they were moving forward into D4 mylo. Also that PoE is inconsistent. Your scum team is either Me-Wyv in which case I AM bussing him.
Argos scum read moved from PoE > Read on it's own legs.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Plotinus »

I still don't know, Skold. I'm pretty sure that there are two scum in [skold, argos, wyvernite] so i looked at everyone's interactions and hoped it would help me make some sense of it. Argos' interactions with you have been kinda weird, but none of your slots have had a lot of interaction with each other (or with anybody else) so every little insignificant post seems more significant which is unfortunate. All three of you have been pretty null on each other all game which makes it hard to sort things out.

I *can* see what Wanderer is driving at, and Argos/Skold makes sense in that light from that perspective. I can also still see Argos/Wyvernite as making sense for a few different reasons that are kind of logic puzzley though. I think Wyvernite/Skold is unlikely.

I do think that Argos' perspective on you is weird. Your own perspective of "well it's not me and plot and wanderer seem town so it must be wyv/argos" makes perfect sense to me. Argos' perspective of "well it's not me, and plot and wanderer seem town, so it must be skold/wyv but no wait it couldn't be skold/wyv" seems off to me. but it seems off as either town or scum. I'd really like to here Wyvernite's perspective too, though.

In my last game, it was wanderer and plot must be town so it's 2 in [house, mainez, ducks] and all three of them were pretty firm about "it has to be the other two". anyway we lynched ducks and it was house/mainez.

I know I should look at wanderer's interactions with the 3 of you as well even though I'm pretty sure that she's town by now, and I probably will later. i should probably also do up my own interactions with you guys so that i could compare because at least my own alignment is modconfirmed (town) to me so i could use that as a baseline.

I also have been reading up mafia theory and want to think about BBT's and singer's reads, what little we have them in the first case, and think some about why those of us who were brought into LYLO were brought here. I am alive because scum thought I'd still be suspicious for the derphammer thing, I think.

Wanderer, Skold, Argos, Wyvernite*: why do you think you're here?

*If Wyvernite is replaced I'd still like his replacement to look over wyvernite's prior activity and try to make a guess.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Skold »

@The question - That's deep bro. I dunno what IS the meaning of life? Oh wait, you mean in this game? Achieve my win condition? Lynch scum, eat some ice cream, congratulate self?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Plotinus »

I mean here in LYLO. Two nights in a row scum didn't nightkill any of the people who are still alive. They could have done if they wanted to. They thought BBT and singer would be better at finding scum or harder to mislynch or more likely to be a power role or something. They left (each of) you alive. Why?
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Skold »

Because I was less useful and contributed less to the game. I'm easier as a free mislynch. Or because BBT and Singer would be harder to convince people of, so they used the scum kill on them. Or they didn't think me consequential and ignored me as an option. Or enough different reasons that it would tiresome to name them all and leave us with more questions and less answers than we started off with. I could just as easily ask you the same, but I doubt I would get different answers.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 542, Plotinus wrote: I am alive because scum thought I'd still be suspicious for the derphammer thing, I think.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

This is fucking frustrating. One flaked and the other 2 are barely putting in thoughts. How is this playing a game?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@mod: Argos hasn't been on site for over 48 hours. Prod please.
I also hope you find replacement for Wyvernite quickly.
If Argos doesn't respond to prod and needs replacement as well, could you give us an extension if we should need one?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by Plotinus »

it's been more than 24 hours since wyv was prodded and he still hasn't visited the site since 29 april and it's not the weekend (when he was usually V/LA).

I'm frustrated too. it's a bad point in the game for people to site flake.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”