Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Shazam »

In post 3417, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3411, Sakura Hana wrote:So I'm looking at our options here.
If we assume that Echo claimed Mason to out ika then Echo's scum.
ika also didn't want us to deviate from sala's townbloc, that would make Echo town and would make Shazam the next in the lynch pool.
Also if we assume Echo town that means there's 2 scum in Axle/Spiffeh/DGB/Shazam

Axle has been the only one i've seen here actually following the game along and trying to solve it, he's the person i think is the most town out of those 4.
I want to know what he thinks about DGB since i think he thought frog was scum at some point?

As pointed out Ika was scum reading Echo recently.

Echo did soft CC, mason here , but IKa went along with it, assuming it might be echo having worked out ika was the mason and was drawing the kill. (see )

However Echo also voted Ika late yesterday
In post 3346, Echo Echo wrote:VOTE: ika

@EchoEcho please explain your vote on ika yesterday

Yeah, this is what I was thinking pretty much. I thought it was ika yesterday because of Echo's claim, but with Echo's claim being proven false, I'm pretty sure Echo is scum. My iso #23 is interesting in light of tn being scum. Seems to me that Echo had the worst case on him imaginable, so it lines up with a bus.

I have of course been suspicious of Sakura, but if she's scum, we'll find out soon enough.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Wait a second, this is MyLo, can anyone tell me why aren't we voting for No Lynch? the worst that can happen is that scum pops my BP and we end up in the same situation again.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

Sakura what are your views on Why echo echo would have voted Ika at the end of the day?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Didn't that happen before ika claimed Mason? I'll go and re-read
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3428, Sakura Hana wrote:Didn't that happen before ika claimed Mason? I'll go and re-read

Yeah it did.

Who could Echo echo have thought was the mason if it wasn't Echo?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

So Echo soft-claims Mason, says that we need to lynch Davsto and last scum is between ika or Shazam, ika does nothing Echo votes Davsto.
ika yells about lynching Davsto.
Echo votes ika.
ika rages and counter claims Echo (ika's confirmed to be Mason now by Night Kill).
Possible theories:
Town!Echo thought ika was aiming for a mislynch and switched vote.
Scum!Echo decided to mislynch ika instead.

What i don't understand is... the whole thing with the ika CC and thinking Echo could be scum while simultanously thinking that Echo was trying to draw a bullet, Echo's read progression towards voting ika from Davsto is unclear.

P-Edit: Imma go and recheck Echo's reads.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok Echo's reads are not exactly clear but we can probably figure it out.

Davsto/ika/Shazam were Echo's scumreads, obviously he didn't think was the Mason.
Frogger's constant mentioning that he should be lynched, obviously that's not a Mason.
I was a claimed JOAT.

My guess is... you?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3430, Sakura Hana wrote:So Echo soft-claims Mason, says that we need to lynch Davsto and last scum is between ika or Shazam, ika does nothing Echo votes Davsto.
ika yells about lynching Davsto.
Echo votes ika.
ika rages and counter claims Echo (ika's confirmed to be Mason now by Night Kill).
Possible theories:

What i don't understand is... the whole thing with the ika CC and thinking Echo could be scum while simultanously thinking that Echo was trying to draw a bullet, Echo's read progression towards voting ika from Davsto is unclear.

P-Edit: Imma go and recheck Echo's reads.

Ika had thought, that if Echo echo was town, then echo echo had softed mason to draw the shot. If was a very soft mason claim.
Echo did not say he was mason just asked if it would make the VLA of if the was the mason.

It looked like a fake claim. I wondered whether scum would think it real or not.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3431, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok Echo's reads are not exactly clear but we can probably figure it out.

Davsto/ika/Shazam were Echo's scumreads, obviously he didn't think was the Mason.
Frogger's constant mentioning that he should be lynched, obviously that's not a Mason.
I was a claimed JOAT.

My guess is... you?

That would be daft. The two people that never voted the other mason nor were voted by them were echo echo and ika.
I bvelieve IIRC that some people had openly speculated(mooted those two names as the one of them being the mason)

That Echo echo would put Ika in the list of possible scum but never vote him(before then), is not inconsistent with knowing hes the mason.
If you are covering for the mason that is what you ought do. (especially if it is the result of VCA)
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3430, Sakura Hana wrote:Scum!Echo decided to mislynch ika instead.

Scum echo wanted Ika to claim so he could be the obvious shot.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3430, Sakura Hana wrote:Possible theories:

No matter what Echo echos alignment
This is not Echo echo driving to lynch IKa
In post 3346, Echo Echo wrote:VOTE: ika

It was only the second vote. To lynch Ika from there would have taken effort and Echo echo would have known that.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3433, AxleGreaser wrote:I bvelieve IIRC that some people had openly speculated(mooted those two names as the one of them being the mason)

yeah it was fro99er.
In post 3140, Fro99er wrote:Echo/ika - one of these two is the other Mason but scum can go try to figure it out
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1488, Echo Echo wrote:Ika's meta makes him either obviously town or obviously scum. He's obviously town.

also when trying to decide why Echo echo voted Ika there is this problem that i just came across.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1483, Echo Echo wrote:By the way, ika's obviously town. I'll defend him to the grave.

and this one....
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

As mentioned I am going VLA.
Even if we no lynch there is no guarantee scum would shoot Sakura. (once and then once again)(assuming the BP is legit)
There is stuff I need to put in the thread. ordinarily Id wait and see how stuff plays out today, but with Echo VLA, I cant play this how I want to.

I would suggest what is in the spoilers may not yet be relevant. But if I die.... then yeah it is. If this day plays out in the some of the ways it might, then yeah it is.
meanwhile i am writing it down while i have some time. (I also have to get ready to go away)

Spoiler: Is Echo Echo the alt of a competent mafia player
TLDR: YEP

or just comptetent without caring about choosing between alt or visiting player from another site.
These posts say yes
In post 203, Echo Echo wrote:VOTE: Aeronaut

So you're saying a town player should have lurked then? Is that what you're saying?

You're trying to paint me as scum without ascertaining the motivations. That's scummy.

Technically, it's called mudslinging. I'm accusing you of doing so.

The above is scum hunting technique i have seen used exclusively by players who are regarded as at least "not bad"

This is damn fine push.
In post 384, Echo Echo wrote:This needs to go.

VOTE: Axle.

Looking in his posts, they lack content. All of it is filler and feel awkward in the sense that they state facts but never provide their own opinion on the game. He has no townreads or scumreads, and to put it bluntly, is just coasting.

I understand why Frogger townread him off Post 8, but it appears to be something playstyle-dependednt and can be easily faked as scum. Frogger mistakenly townread him for a null action because he saw Axle perform it a couple of times before. He has since revised this read.

Ostensibly, he has not provided his thoughts on the game, or on any players, or any reasonable votes that a town player would have made early game. The best he has provided theory discussion that is unfortunately not very correct.

Its BS. It wont fly. It is place to park his vote.
AND
I think it would express a legit concern. My play yup to there had been "odd" (for reasons)

TLDR Is not altogether fluff. And it does reflect my read of how Echo echo evaluates his own skill level and experience and the stature with which he would expect to be seen if he claimed who he was.

Are his two VCAs bollocks
Spoiler: yep
Also see my previous criticism of them

raw data conclusion bad explanation
This bit for instance is awful
In post 2820, Echo Echo wrote:Look at bearbert's vote on the flubber wagon. It is at vote 7 out of 8. Looks pretty safe and scummy right. I think so too.

Not once Bear flips town, this wagon and votes on it do not even figure in his next analysis.

new VCA raw data revised VCA
That wagon now has no importance at all.
It is not that the wagon is inconsistent with his final conclusion, but this time it plays no part in the analysis.

That the analysis is BS, was clear to me from the start. What echo echo had if he is town is other reasons for having the reads that his VCA gives as their answer, and then he gets them.
The most the VCA does is not contradict his reads.
Which is kind of fair enough ,as thats what VCA is good for, validating and idiot checking your reads.

My problem is it feels like way to lynch people with clean hands, when echo echo doesnt also say they are his reads. WHile not on the same level as when noobs do it, that can be seen as retreating into the safety of a mechanistic approach to making reads and choosing which wagon to drive.

Echo possibly distancing from the Davsto flip.
In post 3181, Echo Echo wrote:I'm still testing my VCA, so for science, I'm going to leave my vote on you.

If you're town, sorry.

Yeah but Echo echo is in the town block because.....

He did not really DRIVE the tn wagon.
Spoiler: TN posts
Shazam noted the echo echo post was odd.
He does quote where tn expressed strong opinions about mario being scum BUT echo echo di not point out that was incongruous with Tn later jumping off the wagon .
It was spiffeh in that made the actual observation of how bad that was and why.

and then basically no more pushing of the tn wagon
is not exactly driving the lynch home

Its true that even drawing as much attention as did, is a risk to do to a scum buddy.

Spoiler: Echos, Views on Aero
In post 1502, Echo Echo wrote:
In post 1501, Echo Echo wrote:
In post 1499, Salamence20 wrote:VOTE: TN

Any objections to an Areo shot?

I object. Please shoot Davesto.

Spoiler: Echo actually driving a flubber wagon
one might even suggest he was trying to impose himself and his will on the thread (with a big picture)
inviting more votes.
In post 1839, Echo Echo wrote:VOTE: Flubbernugget

Follow me!

Spoiler: Echo actually driving a pisskop/bearbert wagon
one might even suggest he was trying to impose himself and his will on the thread (with a big picture)

and onwards lots more serious pushing of Pisskop/Bear Slot.

Conclusion: Whatever town Cred EchoEcho had for making posts that might be unwise as scum (see spoiler about TN above)

is more than compensated for by driving two town wagons quite hard, and advocating for the nk off scum(Aero) and onto town(Davsto).

NOTE: TOWN fuckup too.

THAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is not a case.

It is what is, and what Echo echo status as a member of the town block no longer is.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3404, DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't see a missing kill. I have a hard time believing that you have a passive BP mixed in with two active abilities. Claim all your targets now. It's Day 7. You have 6 nights to account for.

From most suspicious to least

9 Sakura Hana

+ bus'ed by Firebringer
Spiffeh

5 Echo
5 Shazam
4 Shiro
4 Axle

The interesting thing about blind objective numerical algorithms, is that they can be applied to anyone.

FYI: I think Implemented your algorithm right and your slot scored 7.

Also I have not actually gone back and done it, but i suspect i might usually score low on your scum computer as all alignments as i don't sheep much.
But also wont show up in the other category that you sometimes use where people are suspicious for never voting any major wagons.(or perhaps its frequently not voting?)

If you make up another algorithm where you count every one hiding not on the main wagon (irrespective of alignment of the main wagons flip)
then as i march to the beat of my own drum often, then I would habitually show up with a high score.

I strongly suspect you scum puter has bias that will always tend to score me low.

Another thing that is odd to me is why you expect second scum on this bearbert wagon
In post 3397, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Bearbert D
(5) -
Firebringer
Davsto, Vedith
, DrippingGoofball, Sakura Hana
DrippingGoofball (2) - Shazam, AxleGreaser
Davsto (2) - Bearbert D, Echo Echo
Shazam (1) - Ricastle
One of these is scum Sakura Hana

Surely according to your assumptions once you find enough scum on a wagon then any unflipped people look townier not scummier.

I also find it odd that your analysis doesnt allow for who recently jumped off a wagon such as this one.
Davsto (5) - ika, AxleGreaser, Spiffeh, Sakura Hana, Davsto
ika (2) - Shazam, Echo Echo
One of these is scum AxleGreaser, Spiffef, Sakura Hana
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

AxleGreaser is town.

WHAT IF ONE OF THE SAKURA HANA JOAT SCUM POWERS IS A 1-SHOT DOCTOR???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:14 pm

In post 3440, AxleGreaser wrote:Surely according to your assumptions once you find enough scum on a wagon then any unflipped people look townier not scummier.

There tends to be more scum on wagons than expected by chance.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 pm

I really want to lynch Sakura Hana.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3441, DrippingGoofball wrote:AxleGreaser is town.

WHAT IF ONE OF THE SAKURA HANA JOAT SCUM POWERS IS A 1-SHOT DOCTOR???

If Sakura hana is scum. What would make you think she told any part of the truth about her role? especially the tracker part?
Id be more inclide to think scum has full doc. or two a shot one at least.

And whiel i am speculating (remembering how bad i am at balance) the other scum role beinga role cop would be interestign as they have to jhunt the mod confirmable townies.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3442, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3440, AxleGreaser wrote:Surely according to your assumptions once you find enough scum on a wagon then any unflipped people look townier not scummier.

There tends to be more scum on wagons than expected by chance.

And so you are speculating there is an apriori assumption of 50% scum on that wagon?

err nope.

either you're bad at this probability stuff (pdf's and the like) or you dont really believe that either.

Also I am not at home, but when i get there I am pretty sure, that I will link to places in previous games, where you previously expliclty worked with (no more scum than by chance)

Well actually what would explain there being more than 1 scum on that wagon is if the other wagon was on scum.
In post 3397, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Bearbert D
(5) -
Firebringer
Davsto, Vedith
, DrippingGoofball, Sakura Hana
Drippin
gG
oofball (2) - Shazam, AxleGreaser
Davsto (2) - Bearbert D, Echo Echo
Sh
az
am (1) - Ricastle

So if one of Shazam or DripingGoofBall(at the time Frogger) was scum then there might be stronger tendecy for scum to be on the BearBert wagon
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3443, DrippingGoofball wrote:I really want to lynch Sakura Hana.

But as scum really might feel compelled to kill her and solve that for us.

Who else would you want to lynch today instead?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3445, AxleGreaser wrote:lso I am not at home, but when i get there I am pretty sure, that I will link to places in previous games, where you previously expliclty worked with (no more scum than by chance)

oops.
I misread what happened in this other game, (a bit)

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3246568
you were scum and used different base chance for each wagon (The doubling however appears to have something to do with the wagons reforming a second time)
(but basically each wagon had an approximately random expectation of scum)
then this one had some other way of estimating how many scum on the wagon
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3228113
however all the numbers were in the range 25% scum to 30% so it wasnt really that much different to random for any one wagon.

So,
I am not really buying your belief in higher than random of scum and specifically thinking that this particular wagon would have 50% scum for no particular reason.
Spoiler: the wagon
In post 3397, DrippingGoofball wrote:Bearbert D (5) - Firebringer, Davsto, Vedith, DrippingGoofball, Sakura Hana

which implictly meant DGB thought here wer two sum on 5 man wagon = 40% scum.

AND to be very clear my problem with that is it does not feel like a mathematician working something out. It feels like a paper mashay volcano made for a school project.

If it was general belief of yours that there are more than the average number of scum on wagons then some of your previous wagons would have been expected to have several scum.

THis is wagon on town with small counter wagon on scum

Flubbernugget
(8) - Echo Echo,
Vedith,
Sakura Hana,
Shiro
, DrippingGoofball,
Davsto, Bearbert D,
Spiffeh
Firebringer
(2) -
Ricastle
, AxleGreaser
One of these is scum Sakura Hana, Spiffeh, Echo Echo, Shiro

me finding one or even two scum on the town wagon would make me feel good about the reads.
Expected number of scum on the wagon if I see such a wagon many times is >1

Heres another (a humdinger)

Bearbert D
(4) -
Firebringer,
Echo Echo, AxleGreaser, DrippingGoofball
Firebringer
(4) - Shazam, Sakura Hana,
Bearbert D, Vedith

DrippingGoofball (1) -
Ricastle

One of these is scum Axlegreaser, Echo Echo

There is wagon on town and a competitive one on scum.

You read read me as town,
That wagon has counter wagon on scum, you have looked at your own PM, so it looks to me like you ought be weighting Echo echo pretty heavily as scum for that vote.

From
my point of view
as I have not seen your PM

Bearbert D
(4) -
Firebringer,
Echo Echo
, AxleGreaser,
DrippingGoofball

Firebringer
(4) - Shazam, Sakura Hana,
Bearbert D, Vedith

DrippingGoofball
(1) -
Ricastle

One of these is scum Axlegreaser, Echo Echo

I can even accept 3 scum on the wagon as plausible, given that then all counter wagons are on scum.

BTW
how sure are you about this
In post 3441, DrippingGoofball wrote:AxleGreaser is town.

and how did you reach that conclusion?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

EBWOP /Errata (whoops)
In post 3447, AxleGreaser wrote:this particular wagon would have 40% scum for no particular reason.

heres me calling you out on bad math I have a mental arithmetic fail.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Wait a second, DGB, since when do you do VCA?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”