Blitz 3: Dead of Winter Mafia - Game Over

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:44 am

Post by The Silver Bard »

We only got 3 days for first lynch, so lets get the game going, and stop with the random vote bs.

Yeah, you heard me, I won't random vote. Anyone want to vote me for it? I dare you.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 am

In post 15, Expedience wrote:UNVOTE: The Jester
VOTE: The Silver Bard

What do you hope to gain by not participating in RVS? I would myself think that RVS is part of getting the game going.

RVS gives zero information. It is only nonsensical fooling around before the games start. In blitz games we cannot afford that.

Do you think I am scum for wanting to end the RVS? I guess yes, since you are voting me.
Why do you think I am scum for wanting to end it?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 am

In post 18, pisskop wrote:
vote: TSB

How about that one time where I sniped scum you and won because I'm sick?

Well you were scum that game. Are you scum this game?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:57 am

In post 19, Expedience wrote:
In post 16, The Silver Bard wrote:

What do you hope to gain by not participating in RVS? I would myself think that RVS is part of getting the game going.

RVS gives zero information. It is only nonsensical fooling around before the games start. In blitz games we cannot afford that.

Do you think I am scum for wanting to end the RVS? I guess yes, since you are voting me.

I generally dislike it when people make comments about how there isn't enough discussion of the type that they want without actually taking steps to create that type of discussion.

So your opinion is that I haven't created the type of discussion I want?

We are now discussing your vote on me, which is no longer RVS. I'd say that is creating the type of discussion I want.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:09 am

In post 27, Expedience wrote:
In post 22, The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 19, Expedience wrote:
In post 16, The Silver Bard wrote:

I generally dislike it when people make comments about how there isn't enough discussion of the type that they want without actually taking steps to create that type of discussion.

So your opinion is that I haven't created the type of discussion I want?

We are now discussing your vote on me, which is no longer RVS. I'd say that is creating the type of discussion I want.

I don't think that you created the type of discussion that you want, considering how you now have a wagon forming on you which doesn't seem particularly desirable.

Having someone vote me for wanting to stop the random votes is probably the most desirable result I can get from stating it. As it gets the discussion going between me and the player who votes me.

You have a reason for voting me, and I can question your reasons, and start making my mind up about you.

So I ask you again. Do you find it scummy that I don't want to random vote? And that I want to end the random vote stage?

Also pisskops vote on me is more of a random vote I guess, and far less interesting. If not correct me pisskop.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:27 am

I'll pick up where I left yesterday:

In post 30, Expedience wrote:
In post 28, The Silver Bard wrote:Having someone vote me for wanting to stop the random votes is probably the most desirable result I can get from stating it. As it gets the discussion going between me and the player who votes me.

If that was the most desirable result, was it really a good action to take?

You have a reason for voting me, and I can question your reasons, and start making my mind up about you.

So I ask you again. Do you find it scummy that I don't want to random vote? And that I want to end the random vote stage?

That question is slanted in a way that makes it difficult for me to answer. Instead I'll answer the question "Do you find scummy?".

I find scummy, in part but not entirely because you don't want to end the random vote stage. The fact that you are discouraging RVS is to some extent anti-town, but I can conceivably see why you wouldn't want to do it in the Blitz setup.

As I said in , it also had to do with the fact that your post seemed some kind of attempt to guide the conversation in a certain direction by making a "hypocritical mediator type" comment. It could be used by scum to establish themselves as some kind of leader without them actually doing what they ask others to do.

The tone of your post was rather antagonistic as well which encouraged me to vote for you, although I don't think this is scummy.

If that was the most desirable result, was it really a good action to take?

In my opinion it is, as it gets the discussion rolling. Having a wagon on myself isn't bad unless I actually get lynched, and even then it can be helpfull to town as you can analyse those on my wagon.

I find 14 scummy, in part but not entirely because you don't want to end the random vote stage. The fact that you are discouraging RVS is to some extent anti-town, but I can conceivably see why you wouldn't want to do it in the Blitz setup.

So if I understand you correctly your opinion is that the RVS stage is pro-town? If so I can understand why you would think someone wanting to end it is anti-town. But in my opinion the RVS is completely useless, it gives zero information at all, as everyone can pick their target randomly, and because no one will get lynched because of a RVS wagon. Some will say that some players are more inclined to not vote their scumpartner in RVS, but that is just WIFOM.

A random lynch on the other hand is something completely different. This can provide a lot of information. As long as the player targeted is truly random and it can be proved, and the target is provided at the same time as the random lynch is proposed.

As I said in 19, it also had to do with the fact that your post seemed some kind of attempt to guide the conversation in a certain direction by making a "hypocritical mediator type" comment. It could be used by scum to establish themselves as some kind of leader without them actually doing what they ask others to do.

Am I not doing what I ask others to do? Am I RVS'ing? Am I not trying to discuss? What is it that I am not doing that I am asking others to do?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:38 am

In post 37, davesaz wrote:More for tradition's sake than anything else...
VOTE: Davsto

Wow, fast start. TBH getting real content within the first 1-2 pages is refreshing after seeing many games with RVS that goes on for 10+.
I'm working and do not have time to analyze the early content. Maybe in a few hours. Not like I'm known for snap reads anyway.

So you like me trying to get out of RVS, and then put down a random vote?

Who is your number one scumread?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 am

In post 43, Makoto Nanaya wrote:
In post 42, davesaz wrote:
In post 39, Makoto Nanaya wrote:Before i forget

UNVOTE: Davesto to keep the daves even.

This pings scum a bit. Are you concerned about balance like this often?

Only in RVS. Remember my reason for voting him in the first place.

Now that you dropped your RVS vote, and have had some time to think. What is your thoughts on Expedience?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:42 am

In post 47, Scorpious wrote:@dav,nothing stands out to me about him,feeling town about him actually.

Why are you feeling town about him?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:51 am

In post 58, A Royal Saint wrote:My vote for Scorpious is now a non RVS vote here is why:

He OMGUS's me for RVSing them trying to raise some emotion.
Says he can't vote for Pisskop because puppies ? I do not understand that at all.
Then he pokes Bard saying they were antagonistic. This reads as if it is from a scum chat and I suspect Scorpious and Bard are aligned.
I do not know of a situation where a townie would use the words Scorpius did.
Because of this Expedience gets a town read in that he is trying to continue discussion.

Also note how Scorpious is posting a lot but there is no content in them.

@KlingonCelt -- vote me for yes and then unvote and just unvote for no. Are you trolling or is this serious?

What is this?

You are trying to say that I am scumbuddy with Scorpius, and that we in scumchat decided that he should defend me from Expedience in thread? And the defence he was going to put up was:

"You kind of did that to Bard.." in response to Expedience "The tone of your post was rather antagonistic as well which encouraged me to vote you".

This is the weakest reason for labeling me as scum I have ever seen. Are there any other reasons why you might think I am scum?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:58 am

In post 85, Ranger wrote:
Titus wrote:Please read the rules.
Sorry, I missed that one. It doesn't stand out on the mafTigers skin.

The Silver Bard wrote:We only got 3 days for first lynch, so lets get the game going, and stop with the random vote bs.
Scum with Makoto.

VOTE: The Silver Bard.

Back it up with reasoning, this vote is cheap.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:14 am

Regarding Klingoncelt:

If he truly got a postrestriction like this he will be hard to read. I think our only chance is to analyze who he votes as he can't give any reasons. If he can make a system that makes us understand him that is great, but I think that makes room for alot of misunderstandings.

I am not sold on him being town though, as scum know secret wincons. They can easily make their own secret wincon and this would be a perfect one as they basicly get away with not posting any content at all.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 am

In post 98, A Royal Saint wrote:@Experience -- No. 24 is bad because of how Scorpious followed it up. It is a combination of the posts that followed. He has no desire to solve the game and the combination with Bard.

Bard then chainsaws and attempts to defend Scorpious. Why? If the argument was incorrect or flimsy then all Scorpious has to do is brush it aside or call me crazy.

Gameplay really needs to post reasons with their vote. If you think it is off, why?
Ranger -- same to you. Trying too hard is empty as hell. I don't change my style for anyone. Assuming KlingonCelt's restriction is true everyone deserves a chance to play the game. If it makes it look "tries too hard" I am a okay with that because I will try to my last breath.

Bard -- The fact you aren't voting anyone you are pushing furthermore makes me convinced you and Scorpious are it together. I just think based on posts Scorpious is probably the more experienced one so I want them lynched first. Or at least poked and prodded.

Gotta go to work I will be on later.

You say I chainsaw when what I did was question you for putting me as scum with Scorpius. Chainsawing would be me attacking you for going after Scorpius. But fine, I will defend Scorpius as well here (and now you can claim I am chainsawing).

Your vote on Scorpius is very poorly reasoned in my opinion. Here is why you think he is scum:

In post 58, A Royal Saint wrote:My vote for Scorpious is now a non RVS vote here is why:

He OMGUS's me for RVSing them trying to raise some emotion. (1)
Says he can't vote for Pisskop because puppies ? I do not understand that at all. (2)
Then he pokes Bard saying they were antagonistic. This reads as if it is from a scum chat and I suspect Scorpious and Bard are aligned. (3)
I do not know of a situation where a townie would use the words Scorpius did. (4)
Because of this Expedience gets a town read in that he is trying to continue discussion.

Also note how Scorpious is posting a lot but there is no content in them. (5)

@KlingonCelt -- vote me for yes and then unvote and just unvote for no. Are you trolling or is this serious?

(1) It is a random vote and a poke at you at the same time. Why is this scummy? It is a random vote, nothing scummy here, imo.
(2) Him joking around, a fluff post. If he posts alot of fluff, yes it might be considered scummy. But one fluff post. Not scummy.
(3) All he does in his post is tell Expedience that he/she is as antagonistic as I am. Then you say this is scummy because you believe Scorpious and I are scummates together and have discussed this in out scumchat. To me this is you pushing your agenda and making up stuff to make it fit.
(4) You say you don't know any situation where a townie would play like Scorpious is doing. Really? How many games have you played? Townies do this all the time, there is nothing antitown about Scorpious pointing out that Expedience is just as antagonistic as I am. So either you are lieing to push your own agenda or you haven't played a whole lot of mafiagames.
(5) This is the only point where he is acting somewhat scummy. If he keeps posting one liners that is something and fluff that is something to put on the scumside of reading him. But there are a bunch of other players who have posted with as littler (or less) content than Scorpious have posted.

After this you continue to justify your vote on Scorpious by me chainsawing (which you really can't accuse me for until now). You answer Expedience post I guess. The post where you claim I chainsaw is post . So you answer why you think Scorpious is scum in your post with a claim that I am chainsawing in post 95. This is you again pushing your agenda. It looks like you have made up your mind that Scorpious is scum with me and are just adjusting your reasoning.

In the end your final justification for putting Scorpious and me together as a scumteam is that I haven't voted. And this is why you now are conviced that we are scum together. How you can tie me together with Scorpious for not voting is ludicrous. Yes, you can perhaps find it somewhat scummy when someone haven't voted, but how you link me together with Scorpious because of it I don't get. Again you are just pushing your agenda, and are making up arguements that fits your painting of Scorpious and myself as scum.

FYI: I haven't pushed anyone yet, and haven't had a reason to vote anyone. Now I do though, I think you are scum.

VOTE: A Royal Saint
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:39 am

In post 100, davesaz wrote:
In post 92, The Silver Bard wrote:

Wow, fast start. TBH getting real content within the first 1-2 pages is refreshing after seeing many games with RVS that goes on for 10+.
I'm working and do not have time to analyze the early content. Maybe in a few hours. Not like I'm known for snap reads anyway.

I saw the RVS comment from Makoto Nanaya about evening out the Daves and wanted to test what would happen if I followed it up. It wasn't really random, but it needed to look random in order to be a valid test. Being a little annoyed at having to explain that it was a joke seems town. Weak but in a game this quick we'll need every indicator we can get.

You had been, but it was far from strong. I got more defensiveness from reading your posts than I'd expect for the subject matter. I need to evaluate this recent string of posts. Lots of questions might be a good sign, but only if they aren't manipulative, which remains to be seen.

I'm also looking at hiphop for that entrance. It feels like scum waiting for a wagon to develop. The_Jester's "haven't received a PM" thing could be honest or it could also be an excuse for sitting back and watching for a place to jump in.

Why was I your number one scumread?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:24 am

In post 115, A Royal Saint wrote:
In post 102, The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 98, A Royal Saint wrote:@Experience -- No. 24 is bad because of how Scorpious followed it up. It is a combination of the posts that followed. He has no desire to solve the game and the combination with Bard.

Bard then chainsaws and attempts to defend Scorpious. Why? If the argument was incorrect or flimsy then all Scorpious has to do is brush it aside or call me crazy.

Gameplay really needs to post reasons with their vote. If you think it is off, why?
Ranger -- same to you. Trying too hard is empty as hell. I don't change my style for anyone. Assuming KlingonCelt's restriction is true everyone deserves a chance to play the game. If it makes it look "tries too hard" I am a okay with that because I will try to my last breath.

Bard -- The fact you aren't voting anyone you are pushing furthermore makes me convinced you and Scorpious are it together. I just think based on posts Scorpious is probably the more experienced one so I want them lynched first. Or at least poked and prodded.

Gotta go to work I will be on later.

You say I chainsaw when what I did was question you for putting me as scum with Scorpius. Chainsawing would be me attacking you for going after Scorpius. But fine, I will defend Scorpius as well here (and now you can claim I am chainsawing).

Your vote on Scorpius is very poorly reasoned in my opinion. Here is why you think he is scum:

He OMGUS's me for RVSing them trying to raise some emotion. (1)
Says he can't vote for Pisskop because puppies ? I do not understand that at all. (2)
Then he pokes Bard saying they were antagonistic. This reads as if it is from a scum chat and I suspect Scorpious and Bard are aligned. (3)
I do not know of a situation where a townie would use the words Scorpius did. (4)

Also note how Scorpious is posting a lot but there is no content in them. (5)

(1) It is a random vote and a poke at you at the same time. Why is this scummy? It is a random vote, nothing scummy here, imo.
(2) Him joking around, a fluff post. If he posts alot of fluff, yes it might be considered scummy. But one fluff post. Not scummy.
(3) All he does in his post is tell Expedience that he/she is as antagonistic as I am. Then you say this is scummy because you believe Scorpious and I are scummates together and have discussed this in out scumchat. To me this is you pushing your agenda and making up stuff to make it fit.
(4) You say you don't know any situation where a townie would play like Scorpious is doing. Really? How many games have you played? Townies do this all the time, there is nothing antitown about Scorpious pointing out that Expedience is just as antagonistic as I am. So either you are lieing to push your own agenda or you haven't played a whole lot of mafiagames.
(5) This is the only point where he is acting somewhat scummy. If he keeps posting one liners that is something and fluff that is something to put on the scumside of reading him. But there are a bunch of other players who have posted with as littler (or less) content than Scorpious have posted.

After this you continue to justify your vote on Scorpious by me chainsawing (which you really can't accuse me for until now). You answer Expedience post I guess. The post where you claim I chainsaw is post . So you answer why you think Scorpious is scum in your post with a claim that I am chainsawing in post 95. This is you again pushing your agenda. It looks like you have made up your mind that Scorpious is scum with me and are just adjusting your reasoning.

In the end your final justification for putting Scorpious and me together as a scumteam is that I haven't voted. And this is why you now are conviced that we are scum together. How you can tie me together with Scorpious for not voting is ludicrous. Yes, you can perhaps find it somewhat scummy when someone haven't voted, but how you link me together with Scorpious because of it I don't get. Again you are just pushing your agenda, and are making up arguements that fits your painting of Scorpious and myself as scum.

FYI: I haven't pushed anyone yet, and haven't had a reason to vote anyone. Now I do though, I think you are scum.

VOTE: A Royal Saint

Again you ignore the why in combination and try to break things out in a way I am not intending.

1) At first it was just RVS. In isolation it is just that. It is in combination with the other posts I cited. At that point he had suspicions and was stating who they wouldn't vote for. But yet they kept their RVS vote and I pointed this out and the coaching of you.

It has been told to me that word walls are generally not read but look at post 24. Fucking read it. Scorpious chastises you for being antagonistic. I do not see any reason a townie would ever use that logic towards someone like that unless they are blatantly coaching them.

Imagine if another player said to me right now "Well you kind of are being a dick ARS." That would be seen as coaching. That is what Scorpious did and it was about you. The post isn't inherently anti town. It is about how scums interact. I hunt by trying to find who could be aligned and find a pair. And in the rare off case I am wrong then both you and Scorpious are probably town and it would be game and someone else but I highly doubt that.

It is also a common strategy for scum d1 to actively lurk. It means post a ton of useless bullshit. Happens more so in marathonesque games. Both scum just cannot lurk in a speed game else mods will call the game and while the setup is infuriating I doubt Titus would let both scum lurk or avoid post reqs.

And yes I focus on word choice and am strange. Normally if I am "sane" then worry about me being scum. I have a town role that requires me to be in the spotlight and the instant I use it will be confirmed town and then shot the next night. No doubt about it. So I am trying to get my opinions up now for that inevitability. Scum cannot leave me alive. I am claiming one of those bajillion roles. It is town only.

http://deusexmafia.wikia.com/wiki/Town_Roles

I have to grab lunch and get back to work now. Please tell me the thread will wake up.

If Scorpious and I were scum together why would Scorpious coach me in thread?

It would be much easier to do so in scum daychat.

You are still just pushing your agenda. You are scum.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:49 pm

In post 119, Davsto wrote:
In post 113, Ranger wrote:That being said,
VOTE: A Royal Saint.
While my scumread's weaker, this wagon's larger.

Seriously though, while I went all "whelp" on this earlier, this is weak as fuck. Changing your vote to a weaker scumread because they had one more vote on them? Rather than, I don't know, actually pushing the one you're more certain of?

I agree with this. Also:

In post 112, Ranger wrote:
The Silver Bard wrote:Back it up with reasoning, this vote is cheap.
I don't need to; the statement is true. :P

You are very obviously scum right now. If no real wagon forms on you, I might have incentive to point out why, but people even from here should be able to see it.

In other news, The Jester
could
be scum, but I'm not sure. Probably not, but it's something I'm watching.

In post 112, Ranger wrote:You are very obviously scum
right now

The last part with right now seems very odd to me. Why is she adding right now. Like if I am obvious scum I am obvious scum period, I can't be it right now. Seems like a way of keeping a door open to not suspecting me for being scum later. It smells fishy to me.

So Ranger is in my scumpool. But I find it unlikely that Ranger and Saint are scum together, seing how Ranger voted Saint over her biggest scumread.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:54 pm

In post 120, Expedience wrote:UNVOTE: The Silver Bard

I do not like either of the current wagons. The Silver Bard looks very town to me at this point. I don't feel confident about lynching A Royal Saint, his push on Scorpious was bad but I don't think that this makes him scummy to be honest. I looked at one of A Royal Saint's other games and I don't think that this is scummy, it wouldn't manifest itself in this way. Also he just softclaimed so yeah this is a bad wagon.

I am not liking davesaz however. He seems unwilling to commit to a confident stance other than an easy push on a lurker. His thoughts seem shallow and he's trying to appear like he's scumhunting when he's only pointing out superficial things, for example:
In post 42, davesaz wrote:
In post 39, Makoto Nanaya wrote:Before i forget

UNVOTE: Davesto to keep the daves even.

This pings scum a bit. Are you concerned about balance like this often?

This is also a loaded question, Makoto seems hardly "concerned".

And also (as an example of shallow observations):
In post 100, davesaz wrote:I'm also looking at hiphop for that entrance. It feels like scum waiting for a wagon to develop. The_Jester's "haven't received a PM" thing could be honest or it could also be an excuse for sitting back and watching for a place to jump in.

Neither of these are good reasons to me. Hiplop probably has a good reason for not voting, davesaz doesn't even ask him why which is what should have been done. Jester claiming to have not received a PM is most likely not alignment indicative at all, even worse davesaz fence-sits here, just "oh maybe its scummy maybe not idk". He just says this to look town and set up later pushes, he doesn't really do much with them (he votes gameplay later).

In post 92, The Silver Bard wrote:

I saw the RVS comment from Makoto Nanaya about evening out the Daves and wanted to test what would happen if I followed it up. It wasn't really random, but it needed to look random in order to be a valid test. Being a little annoyed at having to explain that it was a joke seems town. Weak but in a game this quick we'll need every indicator we can get.

This doesn't really address what The Silver Bard said because how does RVS voting for Davsto test what would happen if you followed up Makoto Nanaya..? I don't understand. He posted before Makoto posted and he supposedly started ""testing"" her, so I don't really know what this means. While I do agree with his assessment of Makoto, there is also some vacillation with "weak but useful" that I don't like.

You had been, but it was far from strong. I got more defensiveness from reading your posts than I'd expect for the subject matter. I need to evaluate this recent string of posts. Lots of questions might be a good sign, but only if they aren't manipulative, which remains to be seen.

He is fence-sitting and hesitant to commit to an opinion, even giving reasons why he might think differently but then nullifying them.

In post 48, davesaz wrote:My observation on Pisskop is that his alignment is usually opposite my natural read -- the townier he looks, the more likely to be scum.
The way my luck runs, as soon as I switch to reading him that way he'll start acting townie when town.

In post 37, davesaz wrote:Not like I'm known for snap reads anyway.

He seems to display a kind of self-deprecating attitude which looks to me like fence-sitting scum afraid to give an opinion early on.

The way he answers The Silver Bard in seems somewhat forced.

In post 111, davesaz wrote:
In post 90, gameplay506 wrote:
Not a lot of things happening in this game anyway.

VOTE: gameplay506
Plenty going on and avoiding it is just wrong, especially with short days.

This is misrepresentation and scum narrativey, gameplay wasn't avoiding the things that were going on because in that very post he said "Royal and Klingo are seem off to me". And this could almost be compared to the self-deprecation that davesaz showed earlier.

VOTE: davesaz

We have about 43 hours left btw.

I am also a bit unsure about Kligoncelt's vote on gameplay as well, but I don't feel comfortable about voting for someone who can't defend themselves at all.

I like this post. I don't agree we should lynch davesaz today though. But you have pointed out a few things in davesaz play I agree with. The reluctance to make hard stances and fencesitting is something I see as well. Which makes me somewhat suspicious of him. But I think there is better options in Saint and Ranger today.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:00 am

In post 121, Expedience wrote:
In post 117, The Silver Bard wrote:If Scorpious and I were scum together why would Scorpious coach me in thread?

It would be much easier to do so in scum daychat.

You are still just pushing your agenda. You are scum.

I mean, yes he's wrong, but he's not scum for it. Scum aren't so obvious as to push this kind of stupid agenda on d1, you're going to have to look harder.

I disagree. I have seen scum do these kinds of pushes from day one. They take a stance on a player and is afraid to change it because they get noticed for changing their mind, so they keep piling on reasons to why the target they chose should be lynch. It is also easier for scum to pick a target and just tunnel it, as it is much easier to mess up if they have to make up reasons to why multiple townies should be scum.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:06 am

In post 131, A Royal Saint wrote:Honestly I think the scum having day talk has no bearing on whether it is incorrect. Point was no townie would say it. And that it was meant for the day chat thread and posted in the wrong spot.

However out of the interest of town cohesion and not beating a dead horse I will move on. So I will move onto my third scumspect.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: gameplay506

You keep adjusting your reasoning to fit your agenda!

You are dead wrong, and are caught being wrong. And now you claim Scorpious misposted it, instead of admitting you were wrong. Holy SAINT this is so bad.

Come on guys and girls, lynch this scum today!
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:09 am

Also the gameplay506 vote is like a total copout.

Yes, there is a chance gameplay is scum who made up his post restriction. But to just stop pushing your main scumreads and push someone who cannot talk back as soon as you get attention is WEAK.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:11 am

In post 136, pisskop wrote:Real tempted to PL Klingy. Because I think PLs are great and Im a great person.

If not a PL on Klingy who would you lynch and why?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:15 am

In post 162, The Silver Bard wrote:Also the gameplay506 vote is like a total copout.

Yes, there is a chance gameplay is scum who made up his post restriction. But to just stop pushing your main scumreads and push someone who cannot talk back as soon as you get attention is WEAK.

OK, this was my bad. I somehow confused Klingoncelt with gameplay506, so I retract this point. Instead let me ask you this A Royal Saint why is gameplay506 Your 3rd scumspect?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:20 am

In post 147, Expedience wrote:: No useful observations.
: No useful observations.
: Asking for opinions on Silver Bard, implying that he doesn't agree with the wagon but not outright saying so.
: The rhetorical quasi-questions are basically already answered by what Ranger has said: "While my scumread's weaker, this wagon's larger."
: The vote almost feels like an afterthought put there so he doesn't look scummy for suspecting someone without voting them.

Davsto, is changing a vote off a stronger scumread and onto a lesser scumread really that bad considering the setup and time constraints? It's sometimes necessary to compromise.

If you think Ranger is scum, do you think her breaking the rules and saying her secondary wincon on the first page was fake?

It is not unlikely for scum to be lazy enough to break rules and mess up unintentional. It also possible that it was calculated because she knew a modlynch on scum this early would just fuck the game up completely.

So I would say it is a null tell, but perhaps something slightly townie. Like 0.1 points towards her being town.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:23 am

In post 139, Scorpious wrote:I think Klingoncelt is scummy..

@Klingon,is the quote the only reason you are voting gp?

Anyone else who you think is scummy? And why?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:36 am

In post 156, Expedience wrote:VOTE: Klingoncelt

In post 0, Titus wrote:Scum know
secret
wincons.

So why is it supposedly this obvious if it's "secret"?

I think Klingon just chose a fake one that wasn't on the list at the start of the game, and one that would "confirm" her as town to everyone else.

Also she is pushing a lurker and apparently has no other scumreads.

Worst case scenario: we mislynch what is effectively a vote.

I don't think a lynch on Klingoncelt is the way to go today.

As I have mentioned previously I think scum could easily make up this kind of postrestriction, so it isn't proof that she is town.

But it is basicly a policylynch, and a policylynch that we won't gain much information from if she is town. It is easy for scum to jump on this wagon, as she cannot defend herself.

If we don't agree on a lynch on either Saint or Ranger though, I will consolidate on Klingoncelt, as she will be an uncertainty throughout the game.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:51 am

My feel for the game thus far is:

A Royal Saint - Probably scum (but not together with Ranger).
Ranger - May be scum (but not together with A Royal Saint).

The Jester I am slightly leaning scum on. His lurky ways and not putting down any vote makes me suspicious. Could be scum with both Saint and Ranger.
gameplay I am also slightly leaning scum on. Just as lurky. But have at least posted a vote on Saint, and a suspicioun towards Klingoncelt. Less likely to be scum with Saint.

Expedience I feel is town.
Davsto I am leaning town on, even though few posts I agree with what he posts.
Makoto I am very slightly leaning town on. It is just a gut feeling though. I would like to know more about who she thinks is scum first.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 am

So with this I am off again.

I will be somewhat on limited access this weekend. Can only post via iphone or ipad, so I won't be able to quote effectivly.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:32 am

In post 173, Makoto Nanaya wrote:
In post 171, Peptobislawl wrote:I'll post my feelings on everyone a bit later when I have more time. To prove a point to bard about how annoying that was, it shall be in the form of one post per person.

In post 172, Peptobislawl wrote:Since I have a minute, l'll start with gameplay.

Play the dang game. Lurking isn't nessisarily alignment indictive, but it doesn't help town. That said, lurker lynches are for when we have no other leads, and he could always turn around and start posting.

Well that altslip didn't take any time at all.

I don't find it annoying at all. I actually think this was better to read than a long wallpost ;)

And I like that you are giving your reads. But, why are you not putting down a vote?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:44 am

I don't like gameplays recent posts. He says he would read and then comes back and says he is to lazy to read.

This sees very antitown to me. I don't get why town would do this, unless to provoke a reaction. It could also be some secret wincon or something. But I find this behaviour suspicious to say the least.

The jester I like better for his post as he is taking stances.

I won't be checking in until around deadline tomorrow. Please consider and reconsider Saint and Ranger for lynch. I will consolidate on celtic if need be though as previously mentioned.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:08 am

In post 294, Makoto Nanaya wrote:So first things first, gameplay is probably town. If I had to guess, the scum are trying to force us into a second D1 with that No kill.

I agree. The reason why is:

Either gamplay is unlynchable. And unlynchable scum cannot exist I think.

or

He have two lifes or more. Scum could also have two lifes so in itself this don't point to him being town.

The way gameplay played day 1 though makes me believe he baited the lynch on himself to "confrim" himself as town. If scum got two lifes or more my guess is that they would have saved it for as long as possible and not intentionally get themselves lynched day one (gameplays playstyle day 1 was to me so anti-town that I think he did it intentionaly).
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:10 am

In post 298, A Royal Saint wrote:
In post 294, Makoto Nanaya wrote:So first things first, gameplay is probably town. If I had to guess, the scum are trying to force us into a second D1 with that No kill.

Please explain. Gameplay is probably scum. 11 players and 2 zombies would require some kind of balance for scum. One day lynch proof would make a great balancing factor. It is much more probable to me that scum tried to eat me and failed because I am a double voter and we barely got a lynch yesterday.

He also refused to post anything useful all day. Not really seeing where you get town from that.

FoS on you.

Wouldn't a double vote as well be a good way to balance this out?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:57 am

Prodge.

Sorry. Will read and post in a bit.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 am

In post 394, A Royal Saint wrote:@ All people prodded: Thoughts on current events?

Heres my thoughts:

- You are not confirmed town. Scum could just as easily have two votes.
- gameplay is probably town. His play day one makes much more sense from a townie trying to confirm himself (as stupid as it is) by spending his lynchproof by baiting by playing anti-town than a scum wasting his lynchproof. If I were lynchproof and scum I would just keep flying under the radar and post just enoguh not to get noticed. gameplay baited and baited and baited. I don't think it is likely that he is scum.
-Klingoncelt can finally speak. She can now be figured out like the rest. I feel that if the postrestriction was a fake the scumteam would have something planned for day 2 more than what Klingoncelt got. Leaning town.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:49 am

In post 397, The_Jester wrote:
In post 396, The Silver Bard wrote:

- gameplay is probably town. His play day one makes much more sense from a townie trying to confirm himself (as stupid as it is) by spending his lynchproof by baiting by playing anti-town than a scum wasting his lynchproof.

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. It's straight-up scummy to make town waste a whole day just because you wanna "confirm" yourself and don't wanna put any effort in playing. Not speaking of lowering your chances of winning when you potentially reach LyLo as "conf town".

But why would he play this way as scum? With a lynchproof. He should do everything in his power to stay out of trouble for as long as possible then. It could be gamewinning if he made it a couple of days without getting lynched off. Lurking as scum is a risk to take. But with lynchproof I cannot see why any scum would do it. And also the continued I'll post later posts seems like he just begs to get lynched.

I am not saying that it is protown to do it this way. But I am saying that I think it would make more sense for town to do it than for scum.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:26 am

So I translated the untranselated FB posts:

In post 446, Firebringer wrote:
In post 443, Expedience wrote:

Fire, are you immune to just lynches or dying altogether or is it vague?

22-1-7-21-5

VAGUE

In post 451, Firebringer wrote:
In post 450, A Royal Saint wrote:I do not buy that Gameplay is town. In the lore it specifically states that you have to spend a die of a certain value to kill a zombie. It makes a lot of sense for the zombies to have one time lynch proof or rng lynch proof to simulate this. Look at the dead of winter rules. I have to go home but nothing has changed. They are not helping out are not giving opinions and are only concerned with saving their own skin.

Note Ranger I see your post and I am phone posting about to drive home. Saying something is the opposite doesn't make it true. Will respond more when safely home.

9 1-13 20-15-23-14
4-15 25-15-21 23-1-14-20 13-5 20-15 6-12-15-15-4 20-8-9-19 20-8-18-5-1-4 23-9-20-8 1 2-21-14-3-8 15-6 14-21-13-2-5-18-19 20-15 7-9-22-5 25-15-21 13-25 15-16-9-14-9-15-14 15-14 5-22-5-18-25-20-8-9-14-7

I AM TOWN
DO YOU WANT ME TO FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH A BUNCH OF NUMBERS TO GIVE YOU MY OPINION ON EVERYTHING

In post 454, Firebringer wrote:
In post 452, Klingoncelt wrote:
Link to a game where post restrictions were faked.

20-8-9-19

THIS

In post 479, Firebringer wrote:20-15-23-14
1-18-19
11-12-9-14-7
20-19-2
19-3-15-18-16
18-1-14-7-5-18
4-1-22-19-20-15
16-9-19-19-11-15-16
20-8-5 10-5-19-20-5-18
8-9-16-12-15-16
4-1-22-5-19-1-26
13-1-11-1-20-15 14-1-25-1-25-1
5-24-16-5-4-9-5-14-3-5

TOWN
ARS
KLING
TSB
SCORP
RANGER
DAVSTO
PISSKOP
THE JESTER
HIPLOP
DAVESAZ
MAKATO NAYAYA
EXPEDIENCE
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:27 am

Ffs ARS translated the last part all ready. What a waste of time from me. This post restriction sucks balls!
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:35 am

Davsto. Who is your second scumread and why?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:43 am

In post 496, pisskop wrote:That doesnt seem like klingy. She wants to talk usually. Shes looking to damn people here.

vote: Klingon

My meta senses are tingling.

Do you think she faked her day 1 post restriction?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:50 am

In post 502, Davsto wrote:I'm not sure. There's only two scum in this game. Best to focus on one.

It is to easy to just focus on one. How do you feel about the ones who thinks Expedience is town?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:58 am

In post 504, pisskop wrote:I dont see wy scum cant have a PR. But I said that already.

Ah, yes, you did. I somehow read PR as powerrole, but you meant post restriction.

So by this you mean that a post restriction is a null tell?

Why did you move your vote of Firebringer? Do you believe his claim?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:00 am

In post 506, Davsto wrote:Exactly, it's easier to focus on one, so I don't end the day going "arrrrggghhh which one should I lynch".

I'm not too bothered about those who townread him since I didn't properly present the full case until just now (and Royal Saint has gone interestingly silent now that's happened). Royal Saint is making me worry but with only two scum I think they'd avoid defending each other and chainsawing like that. Probably.

Does Royal Saints double vote make him more townie or scummy in your opinion? Or perhaps neither?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:12 am

In post 510, pisskop wrote:Stahp. If you are just going to ask me shit Ive already said then Im not doing this.

You didn't comment on him claiming to have tracked Klingon did you?

If you did I'll stfu.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 am

In post 512, pisskop wrote:he claimed to? Did he get results that he shared?

He claimed no result according to Expedience (post 425 translated). I haven't checked whether or not Expedience have translated it correctly. But I haven't seen FB object to it in his latest post which I translated.

In post 436, Expedience wrote:Okay. Also there were some errors that Fire made that I didn't fix.

Spoiler: translations
In post 413, Firebringer wrote:5 -23-16-4-9-1-14-3 -12-15-15-11-19 -19-3-21-13-13-25

E -WPDIANC -LOOKS -SCUMMY

In post 414, Firebringer wrote:20-8-9-19 -18-5-19-20-18-9-3-20-9-15-14 -19-21-3-11-19

THIS -RESTRICTION -SUCKS

In post 418, Firebringer wrote:25-15-21 -8-5-1-18-4 13-5

YOU -HEARD ME

In post 420, Firebringer wrote:25-15-21 1-18-5 10-21-19-20 20-18-25-9-14-7 20-15 12-15-15-11 12-9-11-5 25-15-21 1-18-5 19-3-21-13-8-21-14-20-9-14-7

9 18-5-1-4 4-1-25 15-14-5 1-14-4 25-15-21 22-15-20-9-14-7 16-5-15-16-12-5 6-15-18 2-1-4 18-5-1-19-15-14-19 20-15 12-15-15-11 12-9-11-5 25-15-21 1-18-5 8-21-20-14-9-14-7

YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SCUMHUNTING

I READ DAY ONE AND YOU VOTING PEOPLE FOR BAD REASONS TO LOOK LIKE YOU ARE HUTNING

In post 421, Firebringer wrote:
In post 419, Expedience wrote:Can you explain how you survived the lynch yesterday?

9 19-21-18-22-9-22-5-4 2-5-3-1-21-19-5 20-8-1-20-19 16-1-18-20 15-6 13-25 18-15-12-5 21-14-12-25-14-3-8-1-2-12-5

25-15-21-18 22-15-20-5 9-19 23-1-19-20-5-4 23-8-5-18-5 9-20 9-19

I SURVIVED BECAUSE THATS PART OF MY ROLE UNLYNCHABLE

YOUR VOTE IS WASTED WHERE IT IS

In post 425, Firebringer wrote:13-25 18-15-12-5 16-13 9-19 21-14-19-16-5-3-9-6-9-3 15-14 20-8-5 16-1-18-20 1-2-15-21-20 21-14-12-25-14-3-8-1-2-12-5 20-8-15-21-7-8 25-15-21 3-1-14 2-5 19-1-6-5 20-15 1-19-19-21-13-5 9 3-1-14 20 2-5 11-9-12-12-5-4 2-25 25-15-21 13-15-18-20-1-12
1-12-19-15 9 1-13 20-18-1-3-11-5-18 1-14-4 7-15-20 14-15 18-5-19-21-12-20-19 12-1-19-20 14-9-7-8-20 6-15-18 19-5-1-18-3-8-9-14-7 11-12-9-14-7-15-14-3-5-12-20

MY ROLE PM IS UNSPECIFIC ON THE PART ABOUT UNLYNCHABLE THOUGH YOU CAN BE SAFE TO ASSUME I CAN T BE KILLED BY YOU MORTAL
ALSO I AM TRACKER AND GOT NO RESULTS LAST NIGHT FOR SEARCHING KLINGONCELT

In post 426, Firebringer wrote:20-8-9-19 9-19 8-5-12-12 6-15-18 1-14-25-15-14-5 20-18-25-9-14-7 20-15 18-5-1-4 13-25 13-5-19-19-1-7-5-19

THIS IS HELL FOR ANYONE TRYING TO READ MY MESSAGES
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 am

Who did you visit tonight Firebringer? And what was your result?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:44 am

In post 620, Firebringer wrote:I didn't visit.

Why not? Didn't you claim tracker in your post 425?

In post 436, Expedience wrote:In post 425, Firebringer wrote:
13-25 18-15-12-5 16-13 9-19 21-14-19-16-5-3-9-6-9-3 15-14 20-8-5 16-1-18-20 1-2-15-21-20 21-14-12-25-14-3-8-1-2-12-5 20-8-15-21-7-8 25-15-21 3-1-14 2-5 19-1-6-5 20-15 1-19-19-21-13-5 9 3-1-14 20 2-5 11-9-12-12-5-4 2-25 25-15-21 13-15-18-20-1-12
1-12-19-15 9 1-13 20-18-1-3-11-5-18 1-14-4 7-15-20 14-15 18-5-19-21-12-20-19 12-1-19-20 14-9-7-8-20 6-15-18 19-5-1-18-3-8-9-14-7 11-12-9-14-7-15-14-3-5-12-20

MY ROLE PM IS UNSPECIFIC ON THE PART ABOUT UNLYNCHABLE THOUGH YOU CAN BE SAFE TO ASSUME I CAN T BE KILLED BY YOU MORTAL
ALSO I AM TRACKER AND GOT NO RESULTS LAST NIGHT FOR SEARCHING KLINGONCELT
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:47 am

In post 621, pisskop wrote:
In post 616, Makoto Nanaya wrote:
In post 611, pisskop wrote:VOTE: Mako

This a cop result? Watcher? What's up?

This is scum. ^^

He wouldnt ask about a tracker unless he was caught doing the naughty

In post 622, pisskop wrote:Also my result.

So you are a tracker. And you tracked Makoto last night? Am I reading this correct?

Is this a counter claim to Firebringers claim?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:49 am

Because I don't believe that there is two trackers in the game. Which means either you or Firebringer is lying.

I am leaning on Firebringer lying, because he claims to not have visited anyone tonight.

This means we should lynch him or Makoto today.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 am

In post 630, pisskop wrote:Im not claiming tracker you dolt

Hmm. Then I am not reading your post 621 and 622 properly:

In post 621, pisskop wrote:
In post 616, Makoto Nanaya wrote:
In post 611, pisskop wrote:VOTE: Mako

This a cop result? Watcher? What's up?

This is scum. ^^

He wouldnt ask about a tracker unless he was caught doing the naughty

In post 622, pisskop wrote:Also my result.

Please explain. Did you visit Makoto this night? And do you know he is scum because of it?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:54 am

In post 631, pisskop wrote:And weere not lynching fire unless he starts acting like scumfire.

I agree if you didn't counterclaim we shouldn't lynch him. But he needs to explain why he didn't visit anyone.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:03 am

In post 628, pisskop wrote:I have no reason to claim. I only need to express my guilty. Expi knew my role. I claimed when he told me he had to kill one of us.

Okay, you got a guilty result on him. I don't see why you as scum would make this up from the start of day, so I believe you.

VOTE: Makoto Nanaya
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Ranger is as good as confirmed town to me after this claim. But you really shouldn't have claimed Ranger, you should have let scum guess at who the vig is.

Also who did you shoot night 1? Or did you not shoot?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:48 pm

In post 675, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 664, Ranger wrote:

It also means that the people who thought Expedience was the vig kill, Firebringer and Davsto, are both town.

How does thinking (or saying that they thought) that Expedience was the vig kill prove someone as Town? Couldn't Scum say that to try and look Townish?

Yes, please explain why this makes them town Ranger.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Firebringer, why did you choose to visit Klingoncelt night 1?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 pm

So I consider these more or less confirmed town:
-Ranger (I believe she is the vig, according to wiki SKs normally kill with knives, ARS was shot. Also I cannot see why Ranger would claim vig as scum here. And it makes sense from Rangers readlist)
-pisskop (He got a guilty check on Makoto. I believe him, as there is no reason for scum to claim this at this point in the game).

Then we have scum:
-Makoto. Given pisskop is not lying, or something have messed up his night action on Makoto (he claims someone visiting her could have messed it up for instance).

Given Makoto is scum I think it is most likely that we find the last scum in between:
-Klingoncelt (Makoto have no read on her. Klingoncelt got a lean town on Makoto, and her post 656 seems like she is trying to discredit the pisskops guilty on Makoto)

In post 176, Makoto Nanaya wrote:Klingoncelt

Post restrictions are a pain. Gonna have a hell of a time reading him.

In post 476, Klingoncelt wrote:A Royal Saint - Town - is scumhunting and being sensible.

Davesaz - Happy Birthday! - Town - is scumhunting and being sensible.

Firebringer/(Gameplay506) - Gameplay was useless and deserved the lynch, too bad he was unlynchable. Firebringer's better, but that vote restriction is as much a pain in the ass as mine. I'm going to give him a Lean Town

Makato Nayaya - Nice altslip. Into the game and seems to be enjoying it. Reads are reasonable. Lean Town

Scorpious - Seems okay. Lean Town

Davsto - Call it gut, but I'm not getting a strong Town vibe. Null.

Ranger - Null

The Silver Bard - Lean Town

Pisskop - FAKED his post restriction. Wants to PL me. Lots of fluff in his posts. Lean Scum

The Jester - Reads are about opposite of mine. Lean Scum

Expedience - The pushes seem contrived. Says my post restriction is fake. Votes for me, tries to get others to. Scum.

Hiplop - Declares Expedience to be Town. Says my post restriction is fake. Rest of his posts are short & crappy.
Way Scum.

In post 656, Klingoncelt wrote:*sniffs*

Do I smell bullshit?

-davesaz (Makoto townleaning him. davesaz joins the wagon at a time when the Lynch on Maoto is inevitable. May be they discussed this in scumchat and decided he should bus. It also seems like davesaz have been softdefending Makoto like in post 195).

In post 195, davesaz wrote:
In post 182, The_Jester wrote:
VOTE: Makoto
My main suspect, mostly gut but I don't like that she posts almost exclusively fluff, tries to look useful but really isn't, doesn't take decisive stances. Looks like cautious newbscum to me.
If this wagon doesn't gain traction I'm gonna switch but I'm the most comfortable with my vote there atm.
This has to do for the time being.

First question, have you read all of Mokoto's posts? The question goes to the newbscum angle.

TBH I would have to reread to confirm the observation you're making here. But for the sake of argument let's stipulate your characterization of the posts is accurate (if it's inaccurate then we have a different problem and it is you). Is being fluffy and not taking stances really alignment indicative? I have seen others say that gut means you see something wrong but can't put a finger on it, so let's explore that a bit. If there is a plausible scum motivation for being fluffy in this case then you might just be onto something. Perhaps the lack of a definitive stance you're seeing rings alarm bells because of what else is going on at the time. Does that jog help you with defining it better?

-Scorpious (A null read from Makoto. Also haven't interacted or mention Makoto at all this game. Instantly joins the wagon, which is in his favor, but this might be scum thinking Makoto got caught and that he need to bus ASAP. He laters unvotes as soon as pisskop tells town to wait with the lynch. Seems to me like a rushed vote from scum, now trying to backtrack at the first oportunity).

I find it less likely that Firebringer, The Jester and Davsto is scum with Makoto
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #54) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:47 pm

So I think I have solved the game. Good job on shooting davesaz FB.

So here is the solution:
Davsto is confirmed town (99% certain) for giving the gun to FB night 2.
FB being the only one able to shoot davesaz according to Davsto's list confirms him as town as well (99% as well, I cannot believe scum shoots scum here for towncred, so if FB did this and is scum and wins I'll salute him).

Kling got a gun.
pisskop claims that he is CPR doc and can kill or heal during the night.

The_Jester claims to be a cop, who have checked pisskop and got a guilty on him. This would normally mean we lynch pisskop if we believe The_Jester or we lynch The_Jester if we believe that he is lying. But here is my plan:

You guys lynch me today.

Then pisskop kills Kling.
Kling kills The_Jester.

If The_Jester is the final scum it doesn't matter who he targets. Kling will kill him anyways and the game is over.
If Kling is scum it doesn't matter what she does as pisskop kills her anyways.
If pisskop is scum it gets abit trickier. The_Jester dies so he is out anyways. Then pisskop can chose to kill Kling, it will show in the flavor of the nightkill that she was killed by zombie and he is anyways up against two confirmed townies and get lynched. If he kills any of the other two it will show up in the flavor that the nightkill was done by a zombie and Kling and the remaining confirmed town can just lynch pisskop. If he no-kills he will have been caught in a lie as Kling is still alive.

I don't think there is a theoretical way scum can escape if we do it like this. If there is a hole in my logic here please let me know, cause I think this will win us the game.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:57 pm

I am going to bed now, have been out on town so I am abit tired (not to drunk though). I will go through this again tomorrow just to be certain.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 am

In post 766, Firebringer wrote:Why would we lynch you?
Many of us feel strongly that you are town.

The contention is in Pisskop and The Jester.
But Pisskop feels The Jester is confirmed, so now I have no clue.

Maybe its Kling? Hmmmmmmmmmm

My point is that the last scum must be between The_Jester, pisskop, Klingoncelt and myself. You and davsto is as good as confirmed town I think.

And both pisskop and Klingon got a nightkill that isn't a scumkill, if their claim is true. So for us to solve this either me or The_Jester must be lynched today and the other one shot by Klingon.

This should be a pretty safe way to win it for town if we do it as I proposed.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:10 am

In post 768, Davsto wrote:
In post 764, The Silver Bard wrote:So I think I have solved the game. Good job on shooting davesaz FB.

So here is the solution:
Davsto is confirmed town (99% certain) for giving the gun to FB night 2.
FB being the only one able to shoot davesaz according to Davsto's list confirms him as town as well (99% as well, I cannot believe scum shoots scum here for towncred, so if FB did this and is scum and wins I'll salute him).

Kling got a gun.
pisskop claims that he is CPR doc and can kill or heal during the night.

The_Jester claims to be a cop, who have checked pisskop and got a guilty on him. This would normally mean we lynch pisskop if we believe The_Jester or we lynch The_Jester if we believe that he is lying. But here is my plan:

You guys lynch me today.

Then pisskop kills Kling.
Kling kills The_Jester.

If The_Jester is the final scum it doesn't matter who he targets. Kling will kill him anyways and the game is over.
If Kling is scum it doesn't matter what she does as pisskop kills her anyways.
If pisskop is scum it gets abit trickier. The_Jester dies so he is out anyways. Then pisskop can chose to kill Kling, it will show in the flavor of the nightkill that she was killed by zombie and he is anyways up against two confirmed townies and get lynched. If he kills any of the other two it will show up in the flavor that the nightkill was done by a zombie and Kling and the remaining confirmed town can just lynch pisskop. If he no-kills he will have been caught in a lie as Kling is still alive.

I don't think there is a theoretical way scum can escape if we do it like this. If there is a hole in my logic here please let me know, cause I think this will win us the game.

If Kling is scum she can use my vig shot to kill herself and thus the CPR Doc will keep her alive.

Well if Kling uses her vig shot on herself we will now that she didn't target The_Jester as planned. The only reason for her not to would be if she was scum, therefor you lynch her the next day and win. If she is scum and uses her scumkill it will show up in the flavor and we will know she target herself with the gun to save herself. And again she is caught in a lie and is lynched.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:36 am

I am Janet Taylor, vanilla townie.

I cannot be Judas as this game is not bastard. I could be a Jester, but if you believe that then just swap me for The_Jester and lynch The_Jester and have Klingon nk me, that doesn't change anything.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Klingoncelt actually fucked up big time. But with her gone my plan is no longer needed.

I did claim VT, but I am not, I am actually a doc and it was me who saved Expedience night one. The reason why I didn't claim doc at first was that I wanted one chance to save either Davsto or Firebringer next night if my plan didn't come true.

I have been suspicious of pisskop since he claimed, since it doesn't make sense with two docs in this game. If pisskop was CPR doctor I would have expected someone to die night 1-3. But with the chance of Klingon and The_Jester being scum I needed him alive for my plan to work, and for us to win this without a theoretical chance for scum. Now that Klingon is dead scum is either pisskop or The_Jester.

I think pisskop is the scum and this is why:
- He claims doc and I am doc. It is unlikely that there is 2 docs in this game.
- The_Jester got a guilty on him.
- He was in the neighborhood with Expedience the night I saved Expedience. It would make sense for scum to try to kill the neighborizor if they knew who he was.
- There have been no traces of his nightactions, he blames this on being roleblocked.

So pisskop dies today.

VOTE: pisskop

My actions was like this:
- Night 1: Heal Expedience.
- Night 2: Heal ARS (got roleblocked).
- Night 3: Heal Firebringer.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:12 pm

In post 841, pisskop wrote:Look at it this way jester.

I can confirm my role tonight. shitmonkey mcsuddenly a pr cant.

A) If your claim is true and you do a nk tonight and miss scum wins.
B) If you are scum you just NK someone and claim that you held your shot not for A to happend.

Either that or you got some trick up your sleeve that will just end the game if you get a mislynch now that we are down to 5 players.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:27 pm

That quickhammer.

Either this is game and we have won.

If not I fear that The_Jester might be the remaining scum and have some nightability that straight up wins the game.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 am

VOTE: The_Jester
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:06 am

It cannot be you FB since yhou killed davesaz. So it must be The_Jester.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:31 am

Are you survivor FB?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:35 am

Then it is ok. Congrats. I am scum.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:35 am

If you had been survivor and not instahammered I would have been so pissed.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:16 am

I killed Davsto hoping FB was survivor.

I was actually killing The_Jester first. But was hoping I could convince FB that The_Jester claim was fake.

I actually resigned in scum PT after figuring out my night ability was just shit, but retracted it.

I thought for a while I won after pisskop died.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 am

Game was 80% lost when you got the kill on davesaz in.

When Klingon got herself modkilled I was furious as that meant I had only the gambit with me getting pisskop lynched left. I never thought anyone would lynch pisskop on my fakeclaim though.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:28 am

In post 894, Titus wrote:You could have made either player claim scum.

Yes, that could have worked. But I just gave up searching for answers after my plan was denied.

I wanted to ask about this plan before I tried to get pisskop lynched, but I had to little time. I needed to get pisskop lynched to have any chance I thought.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:36 am

What I wanted to do after the pisskop lynch was this postrestriction:

In your first post you can only selvvote. You cannot unvote or revote until 24 hours have passed.

I read the wiki after and it probably makes sense that this wasn't allowed. But if it had been allowed it would have been an epic win.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 am

I think we had shit luck though.

First the mislynch fails on day 1. Then our nk is actually nk by someone else and survives.

Then I get into the damned neighbourhood and get to know pisskop is the CPR doctor, this after I claimed the excact same thing as I did in thread (the second time). Expedience believed me, but we have to make sure we get rid of him, even if he townreads me he knows my claim, and the longer the game goes the more likely is it that he will force me to claim it in thread as well. So we go for the block on pisskop to avoid another useless night.

Then comes the vig claim by Ranger, which is totally believable as she was the only one likely to shoot ARS (or so we thought). It works out ok as she is the lover, but it would be alot better for us to take out pisskop this night. Rangers fakeclaim though makes us afraid that she will shoot either me or davesaz, as we are her 2nd and 3rd scumread.

Then davesaz gets shot and we are in real shit, only way to win it at this point was for me to have pisskop kill Klingon and vica versa, and get a lynch on The_Jester. And then for me to just finnish it by killing FB or davsto. Then comes Klingons claim and modkill and here I think my chances are zero. As town easily could just kill off me or The_Jester and then pisskop kills the other one (if it is brain eaten kill), they just lynch pisskop.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:55 am

Anyways thanks for hosting. Was fun and depressing :P
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 am

In post 918, pisskop wrote:
In post 914, The Silver Bard wrote:I think we had shit luck though.

First the mislynch fails on day 1. Then our nk is actually nk by someone else and survives.

Then I get into the damned neighbourhood and get to know pisskop is the CPR doctor, this after I claimed the excact same thing as I did in thread (the second time). Expedience believed me, but we have to make sure we get rid of him, even if he townreads me he knows my claim, and the longer the game goes the more likely is it that he will force me to claim it in thread as well. So we go for the block on pisskop to avoid another useless night.

Then comes the vig claim by Ranger, which is totally believable as she was the only one likely to shoot ARS (or so we thought). It works out ok as she is the lover, but it would be alot better for us to take out pisskop this night. Rangers fakeclaim though makes us afraid that she will shoot either me or davesaz, as we are her 2nd and 3rd scumread.

Then davesaz gets shot and we are in real shit, only way to win it at this point was for me to have pisskop kill Klingon and vica versa, and get a lynch on The_Jester. And then for me to just finnish it by killing FB or davsto. Then comes Klingons claim and modkill and here I think my chances are zero. As town easily could just kill off me or The_Jester and then pisskop kills the other one (if it is brain eaten kill), they just lynch pisskop.

what kind of post restrictions could you enact?

You did Fire's?

Yeah, and that was just horrible. We kind of just gave him massive towncred by doing it. Everyone read that restriction as a towntrait. So after that we gave no more postrestrictions.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:07 pm

In post 917, Expedience wrote:This was a cool setup, although the anti-townness of the wincons didn't really balance out the town's power.

I thought that TSB played really well, you really fooled me. I probably shouldn't have just dismissed ARS vs TSB as TvT noise tbh. When you claimed doctor d2 I was questioning pisskop's claim over yours. So yeah I kind of messed up by telling scum pisskop's role, sorry that you weren't able to kill anyone pisskop...

Scum probably would've had a lot better chance if town didn't lynch an immune on d1 and didn't attack me n1 (meaning there could be 3 town dead on d2 instead of 0).

You did really good as well. You were the most obvious town in the world on day 1, and you were one of the few who I was certain we couldn't mislynch.

When you asked me to claim in the PT I had to go on a googlerun to find a suiting fakeclaim. And when you revealed that pisskop was CPR doctor I thought it was game over for me. I was afraid you would push pisskop to hard in thread to the point of where you actually got him lynched, or to the point where I would have to claim in thread as well. In both cases I would have died pretty soon after.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (isolation #75) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 pm

In post 920, pisskop wrote:you should have made yourselves get a PR. :v

Maybe, but the hassle of having a postrestriction is big. It is hard enough to write sensible stuff in thread, and to try to push your own agenda without having to take into consideration a postrestriction as well.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:13 pm

In post 925, pisskop wrote:Scum could make a player claim? Or fakeclaim? :o

I like the idea.

Town didn't need our help fakeclaiming ;) If we count your guilty on Makoto as a semi fakeclaim there was 3 fakeclaims from town in this game.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Anyways I am off.

Have fun reading the scum PT. The last days is pretty much like reading the diary of manic-depressive.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”