Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 477, Autti wrote:
In post 459, Rhaegar wrote:UNVOTE: snarky

That is one condition I was not going to lynch snarky on. I didn't say it, as to not lead him into saying it.

at this point snarky is dead.

There is no point in lynching him now.

If he is a N1 Cop, scum are forced to NK him.

If he is a N1 Cop and scum decide to gambit and don't NK him he will confirm a townie or confirm a scum for us. At that point we have a confirmed town in him (because of result) and another confirmed slot. The worst outcome for scum.

If he is scum, he obviously won't be Nk'd, but we can investigate him N1 if we have another N1 Cop, at which point we lynch him tomorrow if he has no result (key here is that he has to guess correctly for doc or cop, or to convince for a scum ML).

What if we have no N1 cop? What if he is just saying so to attract whatever possible protections on N1?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:58 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 501, Lowell wrote:On its face, that argument makes no sense. Obviously a town-influenced kill is better than nothing. Also I more or less reject the notion that NKs give "information." That what people always say, but I don't actually find it to be true.

Everyone in the town is PR. The scum might as well use random numbers during the night to make a kill.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 545, duppin wrote:@Almost50, in this particular setup? What makes you believe this setup changes anything?

Town should never push for a no lynch day 1. You have to realise that by not lynching anyone day 1 basically means that day 2 is going to turn into day 1 v2 - we will still have very limited information which also means that people are (most likely) going to pursue the exact same targets they did day 1 as it is unlikely anything would've changed their mind - so basically it sets town back one day.
This is not in town's interest. Not lynching does not progress the game.

There is no point in doing anything day 1 if we are just going to go for a no lynch (sure some interactions might come in handy later, but it's still not a good play). The game could just begin during nighttime then, as the only solid information we are going to get anyway is going to come from the NK's and even then it's doubtful we would gain anything from that either as it would be easy for scum to just kill someone who's flip won't have that big of an impact on the game (as in players who haven't really done much day 1).

You also have to realise that lynching is the only way for town to kill scum and that is obviously not possible if we don't lynch, so we're just giving away a free kill to scum. Yes it is possible we lynch town day 1 (in fact that is usually what happens), but that's still better than not lynching at all. We can then look at vote records and interactions and actually base it on something. This is not really possible now (which is also why I disliked Rhaegar's defense earlier, but let's not to there again). We need some flips, simple as that.

As for this specific game I think town are in a bit of a weird situation. Snarky claims he is a N1 cop - I personally don't really buy it, but it is possible.
The question is, what do we do with him? Some have been saying we should let him live, and while I'm tempted to agree people have to realise this is very risky.

This is going to be one big WIFOM fest and I'm not sure this is good for town. If Snarky is still alive tomorrow people have already hinted they would doubt his claim then, but that's so easy for scum to play around. Let's look at the possible scenarios.

A) He survives and has a guilty check: There is a guaranteed scum between him and his target. If he is scum it means we are (most likely) going to mislynch a town day 2 and it also means that day 2 is going to be pretty useless as a guilty check means vote records are useless - If Snowman is indeed the cop he should definitely not reveal that he has a guilty check rightaway, but again this would be fairly for him and his teammates to play around if he is scum.

B) He survives and has an innocent check: People are going to doubt him. Did he survive because he was scum, because he was protected or because scum is trying to frame him? It's going to be WIFOM hell. Day phase could prove to be very interesting though.

C) He dies: Actually a decent scenaro. We will then know he was town which makes his wagon a little bit more interesting (and I'd really look into the possible deflection going on then). Unfortunately we won't have his check.
Gaining this information is also possible by lynching him though.

So this is how I see it; if we do not lynch SS he has to either get a guilty check or get NK'ed. Him surviving with an innocent check obviously means whoever he targeted is confirmed town (if SS is a cop), but we won't know that until SS flips.

Normally I'd agree with the people saying we should leave SS alive (I too believe that is the mechanical correct play), but I think his claim is very questionable and I am really not interested in the WIFOM crap that might play out if he survives. I still consider him an option for today.

I'd rather lynch someone else though. Shotty or Almost50. Not interested in KTS. Willing to listen to other trains if someone has a proper case.

Yeah I like this post a lot but disagree with the last sentence.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:18 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 554, Almost50 wrote:
In post 545, duppin wrote:You have to realise that by not lynching anyone day 1 basically means that day 2 is going to turn into day 1 v2

Not in THIS setup. That's why I emphasized on the term.

In post 545, duppin wrote:we will still have very limited information which also means that people are (most likely) going to pursue the exact same targets they did day 1 as it is unlikely anything would've changed their mind - so basically it sets town back one day.

Except we are likely to have cop investigation results AND a night kill. We can trace back the NK interactions and analyze their reads.

What you say (the no new info) would only be true if the cop(s) got blocked (which is not applicable since we know there's no RB in the setup) AND there's no NK either, in which case; yes we're basically playing D1 v2, but then we also haven't lost anyone at all. I'd repeat the process on D2 if necessary and we would probably end up with 3-4 confirmed town players (assuming a no NK on N1 = one cop result as it stands now, so on D2 the cop could investigate SS to verify his alignment and claim on D3. If SS is town then we can trust his N1 result as well, so at least 3 confirmed town players.)

In post 545, duppin wrote:There is no point in doing anything day 1 if we are just going to go for a no lynch (sure some interactions might come in handy later, but it's still not a good play).

Again, this is true in general, but NOT in a setup where everyone can potentially return a guilty/not guilty result or help secure the info will come in the open by protecting the one who will get it.

You see, in chess -say- there are pawns and there are powerful pieces. VTs are the pawns in this game. The situation now is like we have run out of pawns already, and all remaining pieces are rocks or bishops. Rather than losing either for no reason I would rather hold on to my pieces until they've done something that will help tighten the board and choke the opponent's remaining pieces.

In post 545, duppin wrote:The game could just begin during nighttime then,

If it did, we might still get a result from the cop, but the NK would have nothing to it to analyze. The purpose of the day talk we had is to make a link between the kill and someone. We will need to think why the mafia picked this target over any other. We won't have that if it was a night start.

In fact, we can always assume we did start with a night phase, someone got killed and flipped VT. Now this is the following day and we're trying to find out who did it.

In post 545, duppin wrote:it would be easy for scum to just kill someone who's flip won't have that big of an impact on the game (as in players who haven't really done much day 1).

First point I can agree with. But then, some players try to lay low as PRs to avoid being killed. I seem to notice the mafia kills follow two very distinct philosophies. The first one is what you're suggesting: Target the less active players who show no commitment to the game. The other one is target the vocal players who are likely to be town leaders and drive pushes leading to lynches. That -of course- aside from the obvious targeting of the PRs; which -in this setup- is all of us (up until now).

In post 545, duppin wrote:You also have to realise that lynching is the only way for town to kill scum and that is obviously not possible if we don't lynch,

Well this IS the core of our different views. I mean, the quoted statement is 100% true, yet it's 100% misleading 9it looks like it was extracted from a Microsoft manual or something).

It IS the town's only was to kill scum. It is also the town's only way to kill a townie. So, to make it completely and utterly true it should be "it's the town's only way to kill". Period.

The town needs to kill SCUM. I fully agree. The town does NOT benefit from killing it's own though, hence I'm calling for an informed lynch rather than one for the sake of lynching.

What we're doing 9pushing for a lynch for the sake of it) is closer to playing on dozens (or columns) in roulette. In fact, even playing dozens or columns have better odds of winning. Our odds are 3/13 (= 12/52 as opposed to 12/38 in roulette 12 numbers).

In post 545, duppin wrote:so we're just giving away a free kill to scum

OR we're giving THEM a free kill if we lynch one of us.

In post 545, duppin wrote:Yes it is possible we lynch town day 1 (in fact that is usually what happens), but that's still better than not lynching at all.

And now we're back to being on opposing sides on this. Losing one of us is NOT a better option. This "one of us" could be the one who decides the game later on. They could be the N4/N5 cop who will solve the game in LyLo, or could be the N4/N5 doctor who would save a townie from being NK'd thus ensuring we do get to the LyLo/MyLo.

In post 545, duppin wrote:We can then look at vote records and interactions and actually base it on something.

The same can be done based on an ISO of D1 VCs in D2 even if we don't lynch. ONE flip is all we need, and considering the day ends when we reach a majority (except for twilight where you still can't vote) it is basically the same thing... a flip + VCs from the previous day. It is the equivalent of a lynch + a successful night protection.

In post 545, duppin wrote:B) He survives and has an innocent check: People are going to doubt him. Did he survive because he was scum, because he was protected or because scum is trying to frame him?

I dunno about him being a fake cop or if scum want to frame him, but I know a doc who protected him should claim loud and clear. You seem to overlook the fact that anyone who has performed an action on N1 is a mere VT on N2. Even if scum wanted to play us they only have 3 members, so they can't claim N1 cop, N1 doc and expect to get away with it for long.

The way I see it is -from now on- we don't claim until we've performed out actions. Like, if there a N3 cop they don't need to claim and don't need to be pushed all the way to be forced to claim. HOWEVER, if still alive on D4 they MUST claim, not only their role but also their result. The same goes to doctors. If we do this I expect the town to win on D4 with all info being on the table.

Now assuming SS survives and no doctor claim on protecting him, we have two possibilities:
He claims a guilty or he claims not guilty on someone. If the former we lynch the target and see how they flip. If the latter we lynch SS (as he has performed his duty) and if he flips town we know his result is spot on.
In fact, let me put this in another colour so it would still stand out for skimmers.

In post 545, duppin wrote:Him surviving with an innocent check obviously means whoever he targeted is confirmed town (if SS is a cop), but we won't know that until SS flips.

Please reread the print in blue for this case.

I want to know why you are sure of SS being town and how we can verify if he isn't tomorrow.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 am

Post by chilledtea »

Now assuming SS survives and no doctor claim on protecting him, we have two possibilities:
He claims a guilty or he claims not guilty on someone. If the former we lynch the target and see how they flip. If the latter we lynch SS (as he has performed his duty) and if he flips town we know his result is spot on.
In fact, let me put this in another colour so it would still stand out for skimmers.

In post 545, duppin wrote:Him surviving with an innocent check obviously means whoever he targeted is confirmed town (if SS is a cop), but we won't know that until SS flips.

What? He could fake his innocent read as well. If he has an innocent on a guilty member that clears two people who are guilty? Himself and his scumpartner?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 am

Post by pisskop »

What if I pooped golden nuggets?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 am

Post by pisskop »

what if Almost 50 was actually over 50, and was trying to trick you so he could show up to the prom with Johnny Doschinchoes?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 am

Post by pisskop »

what if 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 am

Post by chilledtea »

All I am saying is SS's claim means nothing.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 579, chilledtea wrote:

What? He could fake his innocent read as well. If he has an innocent on a guilty member that clears two people who are guilty? Himself and his scumpartner?
omg the wifom
#freeShotty
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:39 am

Post by chilledtea »

So I read the wiki again and a thing to remember is the flip will not give us information regarding the night of a particular individual. The flip will only tell us whether doc and cop also - mafia know how many cops and docs are there.

Let me think on this a bit more.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 am

Post by chilledtea »

I definitely think that a lynch is more important than a no lynch though.

I think that Kop needs to speak more - he has said that he believes in a lynch but other than that his opinions aren't that clear. His vote is still on SS.

I think lowell, pisskop, rhaegar, shotty, kts, almost, duppin shouldn't be lynched today. They are providing valuable content and feel town to me.

The lynch should be either SS, or one of autti, pista, kaintepes, kop. If you can give a good reason for someone else, then I will hear it. Interestingly enough, I have absolutely not much to give as a reason to lynch anyone. During these situations I generally go for lurkers which would mean I would go for Kop.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 am

Post by chilledtea »

VOTE: Kop

Kop needs to be here and doesn't get to be in the background while others attempt to make a decision.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 575, chilledtea wrote:What if we have no N1 cop? What if he is just saying so to attract whatever possible protections on N1?

let me say it one more time: If SS is alive in D2 he will provide an investigation result on someone. A guilty means we lynch the target and see their flip to confirm SS' alignment. A NOT guilty we lynch SS to verify his alignment and either confirm or refuse his investigation result. basically, unless SS hits on scum he is the lynch target of D2 (if he come up with a NOT guilty) or D3 (if he comes up with a guilty on someone who flips town). The only way SS will see D4 is if we lynch scum on D2 based on his investigation/recommendation.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:58 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 588, Almost50 wrote:
In post 575, chilledtea wrote:What if we have no N1 cop? What if he is just saying so to attract whatever possible protections on N1?

let me say it one more time: If SS is alive in D2 he will provide an investigation result on someone. A guilty means we lynch the target and see their flip to confirm SS' alignment. A NOT guilty we lynch SS to verify his alignment and either confirm or refuse his investigation result. basically, unless SS hits on scum he is the lynch target of D2 (if he come up with a NOT guilty) or D3 (if he comes up with a guilty on someone who flips town). The only way SS will see D4 is if we lynch scum on D2 based on his investigation/recommendation.

So a guilty will mean SS gets to see D3? What if he busses his partner? I mean they know our plan.

This is a lot of wifom.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:00 am

Post by chilledtea »

Almost do you realize that him being suspicious in our eyes on day 1 means that there will always be some amount of wifom that will affect us on day 4 even if he gives us a guilty result? We will be thinking along all these lines on day 4 if he is alive because of a guilty investigation.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:04 am

Post by chilledtea »

All right -

SS give me your reads on pisskop, KainT, auttin and rhaegar.

Almost give me your reads on pista, KT, Kop, and duppin.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Killthestory »

In post 574, pistachi0n wrote:Yeah. Almost isn't scum. Almost is a clueless townie.

Add Shotty to that list for me bb

anyway, Kain is town. Definite gutread of him being town this game, his content is actually decent and makes more sense than his scumgame
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 563, Autti wrote:Dammit, was just about to post how almost is scummy for his no-lynch strategy. You guys beat me to it :(

"I'm echoing an opinion of people who are widely townread without going to the work of defending it"
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 am

Post by duppin »

I kinda like chilledtea's reads. Kop hasn't been very active and I wasn't too fond of his earlier vote on Snarky (well his reasoning at least), which was also why I didn't like the Snarky train at the time.
But I honestly don't believe Snarky's claim so not sure what to think of it anymore.

In post 588, Almost50 wrote:

If people seriously believe this, we have to lynch Snarky today, because if Snarky is telling the truth (as in he is a cop) and gets an innocent check, town are going to be in a pretty bad situation.

I can understand the reasoning behind lynching Snarky if he gets an inno check, because if he is town scum are not going to kill him since he is basically just a VT at that point + his target would be confirmed by his flip.
If he is scum he is obviously not going to get NK'ed. Basically he is just going to be a questionmark and an easy mislynch for scum to push seeing as a lot of players don't seem to trust him. Do we really want to let him live? If he gets a guilty check it obviously leaves us in a better position as we will have a confirmed scum between him and his check then, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

But I'm probably a bit biased since I don't believe his claim.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 589, chilledtea wrote:So a guilty will mean SS gets to see D3? What if he busses his partner? I mean they know our plan.

This is a lot of wifom.

That would be cool too, since a D2 or D3 cop could still investigate SS if they're still not sure, and we get a second guilty.

Mate, if we make it to LyLo as 2:1 all we need is one cop result to win. the cop will know who IS innocent and who IS guilty. We would have had flips already, so we know what to expect.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Killthestory »

I'm lynching someone today. If we end up with a nolynch I'm death tunneling Almost.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 591, chilledtea wrote:Almost give me your reads on pista, KT, Kop, and duppin.

slight scum lean on Kop, null on the other 3.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 596, Killthestory wrote:I'm lynching someone today. If we end up with a nolynch I'm death tunneling Almost.

Finer, then place your vote on yourself. It will still provide us with info, since you're nothing more and nothing less than the rest of us. Your heart is fully FOR the town, right? A lynch (just about ANY lynch) is better than a no lynch. Isn't that your argument? So HELP THE TOWN and get yourself lynched for the sake of us all. Put you money where your talk is.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Killthestory »

Are you daft? That's literally fucking gamethrowing. I said I would deathtunnel you're fucking ass, not lynch myself

Return to “Completed Open Games”