Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Creature »

What I mean is that your posts look town, but I don't really know how to explain it and I still felt I need to re-check.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 424, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 367, Smithereens wrote:@Pista,
What are your thoughts on Jae?

Also, it's well worth reading up on LQ. I had this feeling that the wagon was too opportunistic to be genuine and I've reached the belief that there isn't anything noticeably different about LQ from game to game. Certainly not enough for everyone to be scum reading him for it.
There was some opportunism in the LQ wagon, but it's Day 1 and multiball.

I don't like how Jae is being so weird about Ranger (first puts blind faith in her, then votes her because she disagrees with some of her lists, then unvotes her because "she's dead tonight anyway." I can't tell if that's fumbling scum or confused newbie town, though.
Huh.. I thought the opportunism to the LQ wagon was about me but now I realize it was in general. I assume you've read Smither vs me anyway so there's not much more for me to say about my vote there.

Ranger, however, I can talk about. For freakin' miles. The short version is: I idolize her. She's my hero and I wanna be half as good as her. There are a few people that I want to take various things from but Ranger is just
cool
to me. If you see a game we played together, C9++ modded by lilith, you'll see the way I interacted with her when I was town and she was scum. I fought against her lynch only for her to self hammer with a message to her scum buddies. I got vigged for it because I made myself an easy mislynch target.

I know no one cares but... :P

Spoiler: storytime/long version
So during my first newbie I was reading a lot of games because basically I am housebound due to illness a lot and I was bored. I'm reading Diffusion of Power and they need a replacement. Ranger replaces in. Town acts like game is solved. The attitude was basically "cool Ranger will solve the game for us!" and then she proceeded to do her reads lists before the thread got locked for the flip. She narrowed scum down to one of two people. Game was on lock. It was so
freakin cool
. Both ended up being mislynches. At some time during this my game with her started. I really excited. To the point where I was refreshing the index page looking for her name to be in online users.

She came on. She started posting in her games and I stalked her user posts as she did it because I'm creepy as fuck. I swear she left our game for last and I was sooooo excited when she finally posted and pretty much stated that I was anxiously awaiting it, not even thinking that she recently got flak in one of her games for being an infrequent poster. She got mad Q.Q rightfully so, even if my post wasn't meant that way. So I explained to her it was just because I was excited to be in a game with her and not meant that way. She then said if I was an alt, especially of RC's, she'd speedlynch me. Now like.... My play is terrible. All know this. There is no way I could be an RC alt. But I wouldn't let that deter me! (I later got called an FA emotional twin if not alt by Persivul as well.. apparently y'all like to think newbies are alts)

I told her I'd drive her lynch if she was scum. Big words. Ones I couldn't follow through on. D2 I was scumreading her and it made me want to quit and cry and throw a tantrum. She said she wasn't in the game. Great! I could just throw away all of D1 right? I ignored the mason softing and reaching out to me and insisted that her soft claim of doctor after we had a flipped doctor and 1x doctor could be true. She went through the game again to get back into it and made a list I found more agreeable. Namely, she was no longer scumreading me. >.< Plus she threw me a bone so I was happily wagging my tail, claiming it was town Ranger.

Some stage during this she managed to get an obv!town slot lynched in Diffusion of Power. Mind you, at this point as I'm reading this game I was still like "Oh wow I never would have realized it was that person who was scum" because I had complete faith in her for that game. She won the game. As scum. That was her first betrayal of my trust. I believed in her even after she drove two mislynches. I was sure she couldn't be wrong a third time. Turned out she was never wrong because she was the last mafia.

Anyway, I'm still fighting her lynch because I am a fool, and she self hammers. With a whole "Scum buddies, refer to our PT" type post. Sooo yup, I felt pretty dang silly after that. That's the story of how I became paranoid of Ranger. Plus I got vigged for my efforts, which was the only correct play there I think because I was pretty much the guaranteed mislynch the next day otherwise.

Also I was reading some other games of hers based off how cool I thought she was in Diffusion, was in the dead thread of one where she hydra'd with RC that was multiball (they started both being RC and I couldn't tell who was posting in the end and that made me sad), and popped into the dead thread for nightless vengeful mayhem because she replaced in and then she got shot. I also watched another multiball where she drew scum
again
but nailed the enemy team and got shot for it. So yeah... She's just really really really cool.

Uhhh.. shoutout to my friends <3 I love you guys too.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 451, JaeReed wrote:
In post 424, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 367, Smithereens wrote:@Pista,
What are your thoughts on Jae?

Also, it's well worth reading up on LQ. I had this feeling that the wagon was too opportunistic to be genuine and I've reached the belief that there isn't anything noticeably different about LQ from game to game. Certainly not enough for everyone to be scum reading him for it.
There was some opportunism in the LQ wagon, but it's Day 1 and multiball.

I don't like how Jae is being so weird about Ranger (first puts blind faith in her, then votes her because she disagrees with some of her lists, then unvotes her because "she's dead tonight anyway." I can't tell if that's fumbling scum or confused newbie town, though.
Huh.. I thought the opportunism to the LQ wagon was about me...
Don't worry it still is.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Jae, I read your long post about Ranger, and like...it just seems like a personal history story between you and somebody else that doesn't really affect me? Like, I'm wondering if the intent is to distract me from thinking your interactions in this game are weird? I get it, YOU LOVE RANGER.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 453, pistachi0n wrote:Jae, I read your long post about Ranger, and like...it just seems like a personal history story between you and somebody else that doesn't really affect me? Like, I'm wondering if the intent is to distract me from thinking your interactions in this game are weird? I get it, YOU LOVE RANGER.
Love's a strong word. Idolize. Hero worship. Love is reserved for certain people in my life.

And I did say no one cares :P Hence why it was spoilered. I honestly didn't expect you to read it xD
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Smithereens »

Tisk Romeo.. wherefore art thou Romeo..

I'm pretty sure that Juliet is scum, and I have reasons too.

Let's lynch Ira and then Lynch her tomorrow. Your love of town must come first unfortunately.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Creature »

Who's Ira?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Yeah none of that made sense to me in terms of this game xD
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Creature »

Should we tell sob stories the rest of Day 1?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Smithereens »

fuck wrong game.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by House »

In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Weren't you just complaining about confirm bias? You're doing the exact same thing, except confirm biasing as town.
See what I'm saying??
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hey House, who's scum?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by House »

In post 441, Creature wrote:
In post 440, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 439, Creature wrote:
In post 437, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 434, Creature wrote:
In post 432, LicketyQuickety wrote:You are not setting traps
Harder to do here.
or being active
I wanted to see this going on for a while.
or being confident in your towniness.
I am confident but I don't need to post every post I am town.
Now you are poking holes in my arguments which you didn't do once in the Newbie game, you just sorta stated things there because you knew you were Town.
In the newbie game, is this newbie?
Explain the difference. Why should methods change from a newbie to a game like this?
Most of my methods hasn't changed, but this is a 17-player game rather than 9-player game, so some of my methods must've changed.
"must have"? Not "did"? Not explaining how, which ones, and why?

Reaching for a fire extinguisher, are we?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by House »

In post 461, Not_Mafia wrote:Hey House, who's scum?
I'm not giving you people to call town out of spite. :P

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by karnos »

Creature: above and beyond what I was expecting
In post 443, Chip Butty wrote:Here is a character who hasn't received enough attention so far, imo. This is his complete (edited) ISO:

And that's it. Not even ONE post that could be called serious scumhunting so far...

I don't like this one bit, that isn't the Chip I know. You are not voting anyone and you felt the need to make a detailed iso showing why DixC is scummy, but you didn't actually vote him?

VOTE: Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 464, karnos wrote: I don't like this one bit, that isn't the Chip I know. You are not voting anyone and you felt the need to make a detailed iso showing why DixC is scummy, but you didn't actually vote him?

VOTE: Chip Butty
Do you think Dix's ISO looks scummy or not?

As for voting, I'm trying to decide whether to revote LQ or not, and Dix has been pinging me ever since that post where he listed his "kill list" criteria. I want to reread, and pref get a response from Dix, then wil vote. Was more focussed on another game last time I was logged in - you know which one.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Charloux »

In post 425, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 423, Not_Mafia wrote:Why is the biggest wagon only 4 votes in a 17 player game?
Obviously, it is because Town is divided and Scum are not taking advantage of that.
How do you know they aren't even trying? *Gasp* OR DO YOU?!
In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 373, Ranger wrote:
Kuroi wrote:Ranger's posts have been completely null to me.
It's multiball.
Multiball

You don't need to read me.

Like, at all.

I'm dead.

Like, no matter what, I'm a corpse before the end of the game.
While you are 100% percent right and I know I can trust this statement whether you're town, scum or scum, the question remains - why the hell did you even join?
This is cruel, even if it comes from you... Are you saying that she doesn't have a right to play? Or she can only play when she gets scum but get lynched D2 for surviving?
In post 448, Creature wrote:Hi Charloux
...Hi? Not sure if this was even directed at me, or you are saying that his action reminded you of me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@JAE for

STOP. Stop it stop it stop it! If i feel so grossed out by this, but i can't even imagine Rangers reaction. Forget Romeo and Juliet, the only comparison i can give is the lack of love in Frankensteins monster!
In post 460, House wrote:
In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Weren't you just complaining about confirm bias? You're doing the exact same thing, except confirm biasing as town.
See what I'm saying??
@Kuroi wtf is this :lol: It would be the same principal if you said that someone is scum, except he isn't scum. Can you explain please? Note that this isn't game related so you don't have to.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Ranger »

Kuroi wrote:why the hell did you even join?
Well, for a start, sometimes, scumteams are stupid enough to
not
nightkill me N1, so I can play longer. (Sometimes.) Then you get into the fact that one day is
plenty
long enough to nail most, if not all, of the scum. That's reason enough to join.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:17 am

Post by Ranger »

Creature wrote:Who's Ira?
This is not the first time Smithereens has mixed up opens.
{karnos, hiplop, Smithereens, JaeReed, Charloux}
{Kuroi, pistachi0n, Chip Butty}
{Almost50}
{Kop, Creature}
{Not_Mafia}
{Bellaphant}
{DixC}
{House}
{LicketyQuickety}
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:14 am

Post by JaeReed »

@Ranger Have you checked LQ's tone in his scum and town games compared to this game? He seems a lot more passive as scum but I'm honestly not sure whether it's just because he doesn't have to scumhunt in the games he linked. Humour me and meta argument? (yeah I know I'm associating myself strongly with you at this point but screw it I think you're probs town despite the buddying)

Townreading: Karnos, Smither, pista, Kuroi, Almost, Kop, Charl
Scumreading: DixC, LQ, Bella

Rest are kinda up in the air for me til I do a review. It's State of Origin tho so not tonight and probably not tomorrow because QLD gonna win tonight pre sure and I'm gonna end up drunk if not already <3
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:19 am

Post by karnos »

In post 465, Chip Butty wrote:

As for voting, I'm trying to decide whether to revote LQ or not, and Dix has been pinging me ever since that post where he listed his "kill list" criteria. I want to reread, and pref get a response from Dix, then wil vote. Was more focussed on another game last time I was logged in - you know which one.
I don't know. I should know DixC, since I've played a lot of games with him on the other forums, but I'm finding it a little hard to read him here since the meta is so different.

I know my first game here was pretty awkward and everyone immediately thought I was scum, so I think it's possible some of his 'scum tells' are just because he is new and not posting in the typical style of these forums.

Overall, he is a solid null as I read him.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 470, karnos wrote:
In post 465, Chip Butty wrote:

I don't know. I should know DixC, since I've played a lot of games with him on the other forums, but I'm finding it a little hard to read him here since the meta is so different.

I know my first game here was pretty awkward and everyone immediately thought I was scum, so I think it's possible some of his 'scum tells' are just because he is new and not posting in the typical style of these forums.

Overall, he is a solid null as I read him.
What about if you were reading him in the method of your home forum?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:35 am

Post by karnos »

In post 471, JaeReed wrote:
What about if you were reading him in the method of your home forum?
'Scum' isn't a term we used, so I don't think his use of 'mafia' is indicative of anything.

His theory talk and asking what dumpster scum is, nothing bad there, maybe even a slight town lean IMO.

The Chip/LQ associations talk, that is a bit reaching, and I don't agree with his thinking but that sort of post can be a reaction test.

A nice solid null. I wouldn't bank on him being town by any stretch, but I don't see anything super scummy either.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 am

Post by JaeReed »

Why do you find only theory talk to be a slight town lean instead of trying to escape scrutiny?

Reaching is fine, I think town and scum do that equally and it's more in the way they go about it. I think he was really off as far as conclusions, but I can't tell if that's scummy or not in the way he did it.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:00 am

Post by karnos »

In post 473, JaeReed wrote:Why do you find only theory talk to be a slight town lean instead of trying to escape scrutiny?
Mainly, I don't think he needed to escape scrutiny at that point. I didn't do an exhaustive check but I don't think anyone was even voting him at the time, he responded to house's vote on him but at the time house had already unvoted. He could have just ignored the whole thing, instead he brought it back into the light, which is why I saw it as a slightly townish post.

Return to “Completed Open Games”