Newbie 1723 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 687, Ircher wrote:
Day 2 VC #7Vecna (0) -
Nic (2) - ,
Harry (1) -
Skold (0) -
Loop (0) -
Goodmorning (2) - ,
Nacho (0) -
Not Voting (2) - Nic,

Lynch ThresholdWith 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

DeadlineDay 1 ends on August 3, 2016 5:30 PM EST DST+1 or in (expired on 2016-08-03 17:30:00).

Mod NotesDeadline extended 24 hours.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Faalcon
Faalcon
Townie
Faalcon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Faalcon »

I've read from my replacement ( #92), here are my thoughts.
It reads in the same order as the post, I am too lazy to tag each anwser as I read it.

Page 4 :
Franky misunderstands e_is_cool's post. Vecna does...sheep noises ? Maybe it's because of his vote.
rb starts acting. His RVS is as good as any other.

Page 5 :
Vecna does more sheep noises. Skold starts acting. I won't comment on what he says since it's my slot.
I like how rb and Franky act there.
#112 is awful imo.
There is some uninteresting meta-speech, and DH questions Skold's posts well.
I don't know what earth is looking for though.

Page 6 :

I definitely like how Dirty Harry is playing, even if he babbles a lot.
People are getting annoyed at Nacho for not playing. Maybe they're right, but he doesn't post a lot.
Franky looks a bit oversensitive there, and Parabola hides things (which is not town at all imo).
rb is trying to push for skold, but his doing so just after Franky spoke about him is strange.
e_is_cool still does not make any sense.
Parabola explains his playstyle in #141. It's nice and all to keep informations to oneself, but saying "Hey I have nice thoughts, but you guys won't see any of them for now" is hella scummy.
On the end of the page, Franky is good, e_is_cool is awful (his arguments don't make any sense and the town is doing something else).
And Vecna, please tell me I don't have 20 more pages of sheep noises to read.

Page 7 :

vecna plz stop
Nacho's catchup is... okay I guess. He defends himself well.He does an avoidable misread in the middle, with Skold's behaviour about Vecna.
As a whole, it seems he is mostly defendind himself, showing people their mistakes and asking questions so they pressure more.I see a slight push on Franky (start of #157, and in #158.
Parabola finally gives us reads, but says he isn't confident in them. He could've done it 2 pages earlier and be suspected less.
rb points out skolds's problems, then there is fluff.
rb is suspicious on Parabola's read, while Parabola said he wasn't confident on those reads. Read the damn post you're answering to, rb.
Nacho takes Vecna's sheeping seriously, which is surprising (in a good way).
Franky answers Nacho (#172). I like the part about parabola, the part about e_is_cool not so much. Too much nitpicking for me.
Earth attacks e_is_cool. That does him more good than harm, as I scumread Earth so much for now.

Page 8

DH catches up, while earth and e_is_cool are so focused on their own point they forget they're in a mafia game and not a political debate.
rb pressures e_is_cool in a way I like, as questions give informations on both the one asking them and the one answering them.
I agree with DH on nacho : if we wagon him, he'll be hard to lynch.
Franky points out the obvious : earth is still suspect as hell.
earth who tunneled so much he/she has solved the game day 1. Please stop it, earth.
rb points it out, then complains about a lack of answers 2 minutes and 52 seconds after his post. He then points out the Vecna Problem. Which is good because Vecna's behaviour is indeed a problem.

Page 9

vecna plz, it wasn't funny the 8th time.
Franky attacks earth, and nacho finally starts a wagon on Vecna.
People decide to pressure earth, who's already so scummy. Please stop stating the obvious and keep scumhunting, people.
Nacho answers posts far before his, just to defend himself and point out that earth said bullshit. Not the most useful 2 posts ever.
Vecna's wagon gains weight, I like this.

Page 10

earth is trying to deal with his/her inconsistencies. His/her posting videos of a MOBA doesn't help his/her case (see #232).
rb is debating with earth, who's playing dumb. It's annoying.
Then there is nerd-debates, dumb pictures, complaints about activity. It is not relevant.
Parabola comes back. Will catch up and comment later (hopefully not as late as what I'm doing now).

Damn, I didn't think I'd need 3 hours to do just 6 pages. I won't go as in-depth for 11-20.

My readlist at the end of page 10 :
TOWNREAD
DH

TOWNLEAN
rb
Franky

NEUTRAL
Vecna (I just don't know where to put him)
Parabola

SCUMLEAN
e_is_cool
Nacho

SCUMREAD
earth

Next 10 pages to be delivered in the next 2 hours.
Faalcon
Faalcon
Townie
Faalcon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Faalcon »

Spoiler: Page 11
A series of Nacho-posts. Some questions/meta advices.
His answer to #198 made me reread it. It doesn't really make sense imo (#198, not the answer).
Some meta-babble with Skold. I'll pass.
Franky posts. Finally someone else than Nacho/Skold. Maybe it'll get town back to scumhunting.
Looks like it doesn't, as it's a V/LA post.
Nacho then dismounts earths's attack on e_is_cool (i.e. every single of his/her posts). He's 100% right.
He then promises a full read-list before then end of the say. I'm eager for it.
Looks like Parabola's catching up was like mine, after all : late.

Spoiler: Page 12
earth goes full tunnel/OMGUS. Stop harming yourself, earth.
Parabola posts theorty bullshit. I'm not reading.
He then asks nice questions, though. I like his post.
rb still cannot quote posts. Basically, his thought process on e is "either he's scum, either he's town and a scum interacted with him". Wow, so is it for the 8 other players. I like the rephrasing of earth "WIFOMed WIFOMey WIFOM Harry" because I didn't understand any of it at first.
I don't think Nacho giving out a readlist would just be the 9 names in cases, though.
Then there are Skold posts. Lots of them.
earth pushes to get Vecna out of scum's reach. Why ? It's not like Vecna's contributing, plus it would be too easy as scum if you just had to make sheep noises to survive day 1.
Then earth sees reason and votes Vecna. L-1, finally. Strange that he/she swaps so soon, though.

Spoiler: Page 13
Thoughts on the L-1.
Then e_is_cool says bullshit. Of course he'd push for any lynch, any lynch is better than no lynch.
Then Skold unvotes. Okay I guess, maybe he fears the hammer.
Earth is soo tunnelled on e_is_cool that it is funny.
Nacho answers things. Okay I guess.
HOLY COP Vecna is using words. A "reaction test ?" Meh. There would've been easier ways to do this while still contributing. Plus stopping just when there was a hammer on your head is... less than ideal.
Anyway, I agree with everything he says on earth.
Earth responds. Who thinks he/she's gonna scumread Vecna ? I do.
Vecna makes a good point on rb. I can't know rb's playstyle on last game, and since I'm too lazy to check I'll hope other people did on next pages.

Spoiler: Page 14
Earth... wants to lynch Vecna. Sometimes I should bet money on your actions, earth.
Vecna is completely out-witting earth. I like Vecna so far.
I don't know what to think about his reads on Franky/Nacho. There isn't really content backing it.
rb reacts badly to the "reaction test" reveal. I understand him, tbh.
Vecna then does some ego-boosting. It's okay if you're so good, but don't say it out loud.
Then Vecna gives a vote-order. It's wrong.
rb explains his reaction to the "reaction test". I still understand it.
Vecna's saying "there's no way I would...". I hope he was copscanned N1.
Earth goes full-CAPSLOCK-retard. Please stop, earth. It is painful to see. For the exact reasons Vecna states just 1 post later.
Earth is then not making any sense on #349. Seriously, there were 3 reasons for a Vecna-lynch, now there is only 1, and you push as hell for it. Please stop.

Spoiler: Page 15
Okay, I'm not reading earth anymore.
Vecna showing proofs the test worked is a bad idea though. How can you prove it didn't fail 15 times on another place ?
Vecna then makes a good point : the last 3 pages have been filled by like 4 people.
rb is right on #359.
Franky comes back, whoo ! Plus he attacks earth, so he cannot be wrong.
Then earth selfvotes. Of all the dumb things I've read today earth, this is the absolute dumbest. If you're town, you're anti-town. If you're scum, you're being an asshole.
rb, please tell me you'll be so right for longer.
Franky is also reasonable. I like Franky.
Vecna has yet to understand that earth stopped playing when we didn't lynch e at day 1 real time.

Spoiler: Page 16
Someone read the games Vecna posted. It's nice, I won't have to do it myself. Looks like he sometimes is town when doing this.
Maybe he's lso doing it as scum, says rb. You're still right, rb.
Franky is explaining why earth is scum. I agree.
Then Franky and rb are debating. They're both partly right.
They have the same scumlist, too. I don't know what to think of it.
Parabola is in their scumlist. Where is he ? And where are Nacho and e_is_cool ?
Looks like e_is_cool is right there, catching up. He makes good points (on skold, damn), but townreading Vecna because "no scum would do this" is a bit strange. He votes earth at the end, so I'm happy.
Vecna tell us not to townread him. If you insist... He also attacks earth (like half the posts in the thread, or so it looks to me).

Spoiler: Page 17
Vecna asks questions. Franky answers them.
Earth speaks. I do not read.
Franky is still reasonable. e_is_cool has some good points on earth.
rb is still reasonable.
Harry is coming back. I didn't see him for so long I had forgotten him.
His catchup is not unreasonably long, even reading the thread can take 3 hours.
Harry's catchup is...is. Basically he null-reads earth, scumreads him/her again, doesn't react to the "reaction test", townreads rb and Vecna.

Spoiler: Page 18
Franky is writing a living monster of a post. Too bad it's about Skold, so irrelevant to my catch up. I appreciate the effort, though.
rb gives a a readlist and an explanation on why we need a cop. We need a cop, guys.
Franky also gives a readlist.
Looks like nacho is back. And not helping. I'm disappointed, nacho.
#448 : okay, Franky's confirmed town.

Spoiler: Page 19
Another readlist, from Vecna.
DH discusses with Vecna.
Nacho and parabola are not there. Town wants them there. Sorry for you, town.
Looks like earth is going to be hammered. A good choice, town.
Lynch is coming, so people are going crazy over it.

Spoiler: Page 20
People discuss with Skold.
Praise the Big Spaghetti Monster, Parabola is back. And not posting anything relevant. I'm also disappointed in you, parabola.
DH points out nacho promised content. He already did it like 3 times.
Franky lynches. Is it a mistake ? I think so.
Earth flips
town
. WTF.
rb dies. I liked you, rb.
DH derusts the long-forgotten wagon on e and starts it back.
He also pust an arbitrary post-limit to make sure everyone shitposts and makes it hard to read. If I read the postcount well he failed.
Vecna agrees and pushes on Nacho and Parabola, a.k.a. the "I'll totally post content. Later" duo.

Okay, I stop here for now, I'll do the last 10 pages in 12 hours or so, right now I need to sleep.
For all it's worth :
My readlist at the start of D2 :
Townread :
Franky

Townlean :
Harry

Neutral
Vecna

Scumlean (from most neutral to scummiest)
Parabola
Nacho
e_is_cool
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 719, Vecna wrote:vague and self-contradicting
Explain these two things for me, please.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hot take of Faalcon's catchup so far is that it's mostly summary as opposed to analysis and conclusions; I'm looking forward to what he comes up with at the end of the day.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 729, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hot take of Faalcon's catchup so far is that it's mostly summary as opposed to analysis and conclusions; I'm looking forward to what he comes up with at the end of the day.
But don't worry, I will give the walls the time they deserve when you're all done with working on it, would just rather address everything as a whole.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 719, Vecna wrote:@Nacho - just because I dont buy that the logic applies to DH, doesnt mean I dont think it applied to that post. It was wordy, vague and self-contradicting. I still think either you or goodmorning are the most likely scumpartners to E. However Id be surprised if you guys are a team together, so I still want to get E over either of you today since at least the two of you are talking and giving us shit to go on.
I also don't think you actually gave an opinion on the reasons I'm pushing goodmorning for - are they too wordy for you or...?

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 729, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hot take of Faalcon's catchup so far is that it's mostly summary as opposed to analysis and conclusions; I'm looking forward to what he comes up with at the end of the day.
In a way, I like a summary approach to catchup. It demonstrates the replacement is reading and trying to solve the game. Analysis by replacements is too often just lazy cherry-picking.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Is the deadline really two days away?
Nictherat
Nictherat
Townie
Nictherat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Nictherat »

OK, so I've read (Skimmed mostly, but I'm trying) all of Day 2 and parts of Day 1.
I do think that Morning is on the right track with a Harry scum lean, but It doesn't seem solid enough to make me think that Harry is confirmed scum yet.
For now, I think that, whilst Morning is keeping the slot above ground, Parabola dug a hole, so for now my two scum leans are Harry and Morning, Nacho and Vecna as my Town leans and Skold and Loop as neutral, because I can't really decide.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by Vecna »

Ugh im starting to wonder if my mind is getting stuck in confirmation bias or something. Pretty much everything that is being posted only is reinforcing my reads.

-Falcon does a solid read of the thread. How people can hate on his style of commenting on the things that have happened......wtf? He does give his opinion on pretty much everything that happened, and I agree with pretty much everything as well. This once again reminded me why I started townreading the Skold-slot (even though the styles clearly differ), and im not going to stop after that intro. It just reeks of town to me. Will not vote for him today no matter what.
-Nic comes out with the weirdest statement ever. His scumreads are both Harry and Morning.....the two guys that have been attacking each other relentlessly? Especially after he states that he agrees with morning regarding DH. Does this mean you think that theyre scum together and just bussing? Or does this mean you think one of them is scum together with one of your neutrals? Furthermore, he is townreading the guy that wants to lynch him....pretty odd as well. Either way, I completely disagree with all his reads so far except Morning - which is not a good sign in my eyes. He stated it was only a skim, but its going to take a LOT of convincing on his part for me to consider unvoting him.
-Nacho Nacho Nacho......(ill answer your questions in the next post)
-Think my stance on DH is pretty clear, nothing changed there. Will not vote him today no matter what
-Loopdan continues to be "allright". Not doing overly much to scumhunt the last few days, not overly investigative. I still think he's town, but would like to see more from him and stronger pushes for his reads. Right now my read of him mostly still banks on the way Franky played (and mostly the indignant post he made when people refused to read his wall). Terrible lynch today that I would not support, but theres no indication this is happening regardless.
-No new posts from morning I think for a little bit? Would probably vote for him, but only if no other lynch is going to happen. Strongly strongly prefer E/Nic lynch for reasons ive outlined before.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 734, Nictherat wrote:I do think that Morning is on the right track with a Harry scum lean, but It doesn't seem solid enough to make me think that Harry is confirmed scum yet.
For now, I think that, whilst Morning is keeping the slot above ground, Parabola dug a hole, so for now my two scum leans are Harry and Morning
Do you think Morning is on the right track of bussing her teammate?
I do not understand your Harry-Morning scum lean theory.
When I like the pro-active scum-hunting a player is doing I tend to town-lean that slot.
I feel like your scum-lean on Morning is suspicious.
I feel like you have offered no serious/authentic catch-up but have thrown out an early/suspicious/contradicting scum-lean on goodmorning.

Please talk me through scum-goodmorning.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 735, Vecna wrote:-Nic comes out with the weirdest statement ever. His scumreads are both Harry and Morning.....the two guys that have been attacking each other relentlessly? Especially after he states that he agrees with morning regarding DH. Does this mean you think that theyre scum together and just bussing? Or does this mean you think one of them is scum together with one of your neutrals? Furthermore, he is townreading the guy that wants to lynch him....pretty odd as well.
Agreed.
I think we should play together again.

In post 735, Vecna wrote:-Think my stance on DH is pretty clear, nothing changed there. Will not vote him today no matter what
The feelings are mutual.
So this is what a man-crush feels like.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

I don't think it's likely that scum!goodmorning replaces in and goes all-in on a player who is town-read by most other players... unless it is distancing, which would be SvS. But I read DH as town, so it's likely TvT. I've considered it could be scum!goodmorning's attempt to distract from her partner's wagon, but busing seems like a better option in these circumstances.

I agree that replacing into the game and tunneling the towniest player is more likely to be an action coming from town than scum. However, the reasons why goodmorning is pushing Harry as scum don't really seem like reasons that she'd subscribe to as town, and while it's completely possible that scum would make a strange play in order to go for some "mafia wouldn't do that" cred, it's hard to see goodmorning as town making a push like this without copious drinking being involved somewhere.

I'm also not sure I like how she's tried to read me this game; she dismissed me as town early based on a single post that I've made and then seems to be trying to strengthen her read through a series of weird looking reaction test-esque ways that I don't really understand, but this is a far less important point than "goodmorning wouldn't be sincerely pushing Harry here if town".
^ the post in question that I attacked and was asked by Nacho to clarify why I did so. I believe I called it self-contradicting and confusing? Heres why, in a dissecting kind of way.....
Spoiler:
I don't think it's likely that scum!goodmorning replaces in and goes all-in on a player who is town-read by most other players
"Unlikely GM does it as scum"
unless it is distancing, which would be SvS
"Unless theyre both scum"
But I read DH as town, so it's likely TvT
"Likely TvT" - So this is your first line in the post, where you basicly say nothing at all. You dont think its likely he's scum doing it, you dont think its a SvS gambit, so its likely TvT.

------------------------------------------------------------
I've considered it could be scum!goodmorning's attempt to distract from her partner's wagon, but busing seems like a better option in these circumstances.
So now its suddenly SvS again?
I agree that replacing into the game and tunneling the towniest player is more likely to be an action coming from town than scum
"more likely town"
However, the reasons why goodmorning is pushing Harry as scum don't really seem like reasons that she'd subscribe to as town,
"I dont think GM would do it like this as town" - Have you played with her before? Because this seems like some weird ass reasoning
it's completely possible that scum would make a strange play in order to go for some "mafia wouldn't do that" cred, it's hard to see goodmorning as town making a push like this without copious drinking being involved somewhere.
"It could be a scum strategy with a big payoff, or a drunk/dumb town action"

All in all you dance around the point youre trying to make like a ballerina on XTC, while your only actual reasoning provided is that you dont like the reasons provided by GM to push on Harry. I dont disagree with this conclusion, but the way in which you come to your point are wordy and full of contradictions and jumping left-right-left-right.

Later on you ask me whether I like your reasons you state. Ive allready said before I also think the reasons provided are complete crap

I'm also not sure I like how she's tried to read me this game; she dismissed me as town early based on a single post that I've made and then seems to be trying to strengthen her read through a series of weird looking reaction test-esque ways that I don't really understand, but this is a far less important point than "goodmorning wouldn't be sincerely pushing Harry here if town".
Thats a funny interpretation. My interpretation was quite the opposite and my thinking was that the reaction test was a means to come after you. That never happened though, so im wondering if its still going to. This is also why the writing style of GM annoys me, because its so unclear.

Do not use spoiler tags please and thank you. Use spoiler= instead.
~Ircher
Last edited by Ircher on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

(just a quick question, do you guys actually see my previous post with the spoiler tag? because im seeing it completely different and just wanna make sure im not getting the tags wrong)
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 737, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 735, Vecna wrote:-Nic comes out with the weirdest statement ever. His scumreads are both Harry and Morning.....the two guys that have been attacking each other relentlessly? Especially after he states that he agrees with morning regarding DH. Does this mean you think that theyre scum together and just bussing? Or does this mean you think one of them is scum together with one of your neutrals? Furthermore, he is townreading the guy that wants to lynch him....pretty odd as well.
Agreed.
I think we should play together again.

In post 735, Vecna wrote:-Think my stance on DH is pretty clear, nothing changed there. Will not vote him today no matter what
The feelings are mutual.
So this is what a man-crush feels like.
Hoho slow down there deuce biggalow :) This almost feels like a test to see whether im indeed trying to buddy you or not
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

You need to use the following mate:

[ s p o i l e r = ]I AM TOWN[ / s p o i l e r]

(Without the spaces).
E.g

Spoiler:
This is not a buddy test. Get out my pocket
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 725, Ircher wrote:
In post 687, Ircher wrote:
Day 2 VC #7
Lynch ThresholdWith 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Day 1 ends on August 3, 2016 5:30 PM EST DST+1 or in 1 day, 12 hours, 14 minutes.
Mod NotesDeadline extended 24 hours.

@Ircher
Has the 24 hour extension already been added?

Yes.
~Ircher
Last edited by Ircher on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by Vecna »

Yeah pretty sure it was august 2nd before for the deadline
Nictherat
Nictherat
Townie
Nictherat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by Nictherat »

Obviously I didn't phrase my ideas properly.
What I meant was that whilst I think Harry has the possibility of being scum, I think Morning is scummier. I think that either Harry or Morning is scumbuddies with Skold or Loop, and the other one is Town.
As for Vecna, quite honestly, you seem as Townish as you can get.

For Harry, my feeling that Morning is scum is mostly based on the turn around between Parabola and Morning. Morning's responses to the first few posts directed at him/her read like they're trying to hide something. It's entirely possible that I'm way off the mark and should never play Mafia again, but until that feeling changes, I think Morning is scummier than you.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 744, Nictherat wrote:I think that either Harry or Morning is scumbuddies with Skold or Loop
I need to see how/why you are drawing up these associations.
Which interactions are fuelling your suspicion?
In post 744, Nictherat wrote:my feeling that Morning is scum is mostly based on the turn around between Parabola and Morning. Morning's responses to the first few posts directed at him/her read like they're trying to hide something.
I do not understand the "turn around" remark.
"hide" what?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 734, Nictherat wrote:OK, so I've read (Skimmed mostly, but I'm trying) all of Day 2 and parts of Day 1.
I do think that Morning is on the right track with a Harry scum lean, but It doesn't seem solid enough to make me think that Harry is confirmed scum yet.
For now, I think that, whilst Morning is keeping the slot above ground, Parabola dug a hole, so for now my two scum leans are Harry and Morning, Nacho and Vecna as my Town leans and Skold and Loop as neutral, because I can't really decide.
I would like to hear the specific reasons for your null reads. What have your null-read slots done that looks town? What have they done that looks scummy?

Frankly, your reads looked detached from the actual game, and your entrance here has not dissuaded me from wanting to lynch your slot.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:20 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Vecna, your is a mess. You've attributed to Nacho words of mine that he was quoting and responding to.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 747, Loopdan wrote:Vecna, your is a mess. You've attributed to Nacho words of mine that he was quoting and responding to.
Oops, you are correct. My apologies for that mistake. Guess my mumbling about contradictions in that post is quite a bit less valid then
Faalcon
Faalcon
Townie
Faalcon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Faalcon »

Here are the last 10 pages.

Spoiler: Page 21
DH is immediately pressuring e_is_cool. I like how and when he does that : e_is_cool was basically V/LA at the end of day 1, and wasn't a townread even before this.
Nacho's townleaning Vecna. More of a gut feeling, I'll wait for more.
I like how Harry comments on the hammer. Basically my opinion of it.
#511 is perfect imo. It points out Nacho's lack of activity Day 1, and starting a wagon will maybe make him contribute more.
I support the e_is_cool vote at the end of parabola's post. It looks like he wrote it as he read the thread and Skold's ISO though, so it is a bit confusing.
Vecna indeed triggered nacho posts. I like how he reacts to Vecna, except for #520. The post quoted looks more neutral to me : anyone can do ego-boosting and be bitter about previous games, and it's not done in a particular way that would tell us Vecna's town.

Spoiler: Page 22
Skols posts - I won't comment on it.
Nacho also reacts to the games Vecna gave us. He's the first to criticize how the "reaction test" worked in those games. I like that.
He also reacts to Franky's text monster. He's right.
Then Nacho votes Parabola for townleaning him. I understand his point of view, but Parabola's post lacks any consistency, and I doubt he himself could analyze it.
Wow, e_is_cool is posting and not defending himself. He suspects Nacho for a wrong reason.
Vecna posts. I like his unvote/suspicious stance on Nacho, less so how he reacts at parabola. in #542. #514 is confusing, but the thought process on Skold is the easiest part to follow, and that's what Vecna attacks parabola on. Plus e_is_cool day 1 is scummy.
I like his last post on Nacho, though.
A Franky prod. Come back, Franky.
DH post is good. e_is_cool's post was weak as hell, and he saw it. The last part is a little push on nacho, but nothing worth noting.

Spoiler: Page 23
Nacho answers to Vecna. More defense.
Franky is replaced. I hope Loopdan is always right too.
Vecna welcomes Loopdan with a vote. Better reaction test than the D1 one.
I like how DH analyzed e_is_cool's posts, but I cannot fathom how it weakens his scumread of e. Seriously, "lack of desire to solve the game".
Loopdan and Vecna interact. No content.
Everybody (i.e Loopdan, DH and Vecna) wants Parabola to act.
DH is speaking alone. He prods Loopdan, forgets Nacho and Parabola already interacted, and expresses hammer-intent on Parabola.
Loopdan's global read of the game is good. I'd disagree on the sheep noises, who aren't really readable for me.
Vecna expresses intent to post more content. I'm eager for it.

Spoiler: Page 24
Nacho's activity is not getting better - he knows it.
Loopdan has everyone's scumreads, and townread the rest. I'd have made nullreads too.
Vecna unvotes loopdan after questioning him. Priorities are tough, I guess.
DH keeps attacking e_is_cool. He keeps being right and finally has a conclusion related to his post.
Loopdan analyzes the lynch. I agree with what is said, but that "I know Franky was town, you don't" looks LAMIST. Plus we knew Franky was town.
I disagree with how DH analyzes the post. A peripheral contributor is just that imo, not scummy.

Spoiler: Page 25
Parabola replaces out. You did the right thing.
Nacho posts incoming. Defense, defense, meta-comments, attacks on Skold. How can I comment that ?
I agree with his townlist, but e is not a townlean at all imo.
Loopdan wants e_is_cool to show up. So do I, a replacement that late won't be hammered D2.
e_is_cool is trying to prod-dodge. Vecna is not impressed.
Meta comments on why Nacho didn't give his reads D1.
DH townreads Vecna.
Fluff ensues, also Parabola is replaced.

Spoiler: Page 26
Morning is catching up. Her first pages are : a scumread of DH, a townread of e. I disagree with both. I agree with her page 5 though.
Her page 6 is a bit strange.
The immediate townread of nacho worries me a bit, because it is on bases I cannot check.
Her read of #183 is strange to me. Page 9/10 is ok.
Obviously DH responds to being scumread. Nothing to say here, I agree with everything he said that was an opinion.
morning does pages 11-15. Vecna's "scumslip" is rubbish at best. Pages 16-20 are okay .
Page 21-25 is meh imo. I don't like the tunnel on DH.
goodmorning wrote:
@Everyone else:
do you also think this looks like a fake townslip?
No.
More tunnelling ensues. Not that I don't like scumhunting, but for now goodmorning is mostly taking random DH posts and saying they're scummy.
e_is_cool is spot on on nacho, much less on everyone else. Did he really take Vecna's vote on Loopdan as not a reaction test ? It's not even Vecna who said it was one. Plus he doesn't know anti-town != scum.
DH is defending. Don't worry about the pressure Harry, you're more useful attacking than defending.
morning keeps pressuring. The tunnel is longer than I expected. Plus #645 is bullshit.
Harry keeps defending. Get back on your feet, Harry. We need you.
Okay, morning and DH looks a bit like e_is_cool/earth of D1. Except DH is townadmitted by most of us.

Spoiler: Page 27
Does anyone mind if I stop reading DH vs morning ? Because I have a headache with all those quotemarks and one-liners and passive-agressive bullshit.
Like, #652 is 95 % previous posts, 2 % unclear facts and 3% passive-agressive response.
Loopdan, you saved me with a reasonable post. I agree with you 100 %.
Then it goes back on.
e_is_cool and Loopdan interact. They have arguments, so I'm happy. Loopdan's are so much better than e_is_cool, though.
Finally Vecna is posting. Some fluff, and pointing out morning's inconsistencies.
I like his response to e though.
e then posts. So much for arguments, I prefer DH/goodmorning. At least there is not "x is scummy... because it is". Plus his answer to Vecna's questions are sooo bad.
His answer to #659 is good, though. Loopdan knows it and apologizes. Good point for him.
I still don't know what goodmorning is doing. Seriously, did she realize there's a game around her and DH ? She finally votes him though, after dozen of quotes and people not listening to the other side.
Then, and it's a small wonder by itself, goodmorning responds to... Vecna. I like the last part 1., not much else.
Then Vecna become the voice of reason. I agree 105 % with #671.
The start of #674 is awful. She has made implications, and doesn't want to explain them. Parabola was scumread for more or less the same thing.

Spoiler: Page 28
Morning gives us trophies of her scumhuntingness. Like every other game posted, I hope people will read it so I don't have to.
The way Vecna reacted is interesting though, as he gave us games for the same reason : showing us it could work.
Loopdan is not impressed by goodmorning's quote-walls.
Then, in #679, goodmorning gives us the best argument ever made : "I play like he does when I'm scum, so he's scum". That could work if DH was your clone. He isn't.
I don't like her 2/3, as 2 is the case for like half the town, and 3 doesn't show anything, particularly when goodmoning is unclear on purpose and doesn't want to explain people (Vecna) what she meant.
DH's post is...meh. I would have to go back to reading her catchup and the flame war that ensued to see clear in it, and I don't have 4 more hours to do it. Plus I don't see how his post and his conclusion can go together.
I like his stance on Loopdan/e_is_cool though, mostly because Loopdan is conftown to me.
Vecna posts again, and points out (finally) goodmorning lack of response in #674/#675.
I like Harry's #691.
Then goodmorning digs even deeper. Will that tunnel end ? DH's answer to 1 was everything but cherry-picking.
Loopdan's post is strange.
I'm replaced in. Only 2 more days to catchup.
Nacho is catching up. I like his post.

Spoiler: Page 29
DH agrees with what he likes.
goodmorning speaks about obfuscation. It can't be worse than the quote-walls, though. Those are a way to keep people from reading you.
I like the argumented parts in #705 and #706.
I don't particularly agree with Loopdan in that it could be SvT, if only by WIFOM : when scumread, a 50/50 is better than a lynch. And parabola was scumread.
I like #710 too.
e_is_cool is prod-dodging. This is bad and you should feel bad, e_is_cool.
Looks like nacho scumreads goodmorning.
e_is_cool is replaced. How can we lynch him D2 now ?
DH is tired of wall-of-texting with goodmorning. So are we all, I think.

I end it here, because page 30 has started with my catchup, I'll take part in the game normally now.
A final readlist for free :
Townread :Loopdan, DH
Townlean : Vecna
Neutral : nacho
Scumlean : e_is_cool's slot
Scumread : goodmorning

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”