xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

vote count 1.06
  • 2 votes for Jake from State Farm (gerryoat, Psyche)
  • 2 votes for gerryoat (light_ganski, Raskolnikov)
  • 2 votes for Psyche (Gamma Emerald, BigYoshiFan)
  • 1 vote for Raskolnikov (Jake from State Farm)
  • 1 vote for Gamma Emerald (ecane)
  • 1 vote for BigYoshiFan (Jaack)
  • 1 vote for Jaack (Gear)
  • 1 player not voting (MariaR)
with 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch

(expired on 2016-09-29 11:30:00) until end of day
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 298, Gear wrote:I don't think that Jake's rationale for why psyche warrants votes makes any sense. He thinks that psyche warrants votes, but Jake doesn't want to vote him since it feels like a policy lynch, and psyche might be town, but Jake also thinks that pressuring people to contribute is a waste of time.

Why would psyche warrant votes - Jake doesn't think he's scum, doesn't want to policy lynch him and doesn't want to pressure him to contribute.
I'll explain.

Psyche is hands down the scummiest person in the game right now so it makes sense people want to vote him. That's what I mean by he warrants the votes. I personally don't believe his actions are an indication of scum so I'm not going to be voting him. Time is better spent voting the person you think is scum.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:01 am

Post by Gear »

Jaack, your comment to Yoshi "So I can't make judgements on players I've never played with before?" seems over the top to me. Yoshi telling you that Maria's play could be from scum-Maria, is just him warning you to be cautious with your read on her. What do you think was scum!Yoshi's motivation here? You also attacked Yoshi for not being interested in why you are town reading Maria, well, it seems to me that it would make more sense for you to explain why you are town-reading her, and see what Yoshi has to say, but that's just me. I'd also like to see where you think that Yoshi has been trying to shut down discussion.
Typically V/LA weekends
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:04 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I'd also like to know, I was just thinking you were being a bit overreactive, but Gear's post intrigues me. It puts it into a more negative, but justified, perspective.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:29 am

Post by light_ganski »

@ecane - what are you thoughts on psyche? Shitposter or scum? And have you got any thoughts on Yoshi?

@everyone - what are people thinking about Rask? Because I'm reasonably sure she's town but I'm still caught up over the last game I played with her and I feel like I'm missing something here :oops:
In post 295, BigYoshiFan wrote:I'm getting a scumread on someone, not sure if I feel comfortable revealing yet. Are you comfortable enough to share? Perhaps if it's the same person I'll feel more comfortable sharing.
Why not sharing? :(
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:30 am

Post by light_ganski »

EBWOP - @Maria why are you townreading Yoshi?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Rask is probably town. He responded to my question from before well, and he has tried to get the game moving.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 am

In post 226, Jaack wrote:As I said before, I think gerry is a pretty good scum candidate, but right now I'm leaning yoshi as the scummiest.

I really don't like -he didn't even ask why I was leaning town on maria, just that I shouldn't be townreading her. is another scummy looking thing. He claims neither to have seen anything noteworthy, and he doesn't show any interest in changing that. Everything from yoshi so far has either been meaningless fluff or more oriented towards shutting down discussion as opposed to promoting it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BigYoshiFan
you actually never said gerry was a good scum candidate and your reasons for yoshi loop like you are reaching for something. So can you go back to gerry for a second. Tell me why you think gerry could be scum.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 am

look*
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 am

vote: jaack
Show
Things I've learned.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 279, light_ganski wrote: Gear hasn't said an awful lot really, though I'd like to know why he was interested in mine and Rask's history. Town side of null, not much else to say yet really.

As for yoshi, I didn't notice until I ISO'd him but I'd like him to elaborate on 154, why he thinks Maria looks scummy. As I've said Ive got a reasonable townread on Maria so I'd like to know what he sees as scummy in her. 171, 231 and 232 seem to be him complaining about how it's difficult to read people this early on, and whilst I understand that sentiment he must of picked up on something worth commenting on further than 'that could've come from scum Maria'. He's asked a couple of okay questions after that but overall, a weak scumread, but would need to see more to solidify that.
Now that gear has done more recently could you expand a little there?
In post 302, Gear wrote:Jaack, your comment to Yoshi "So I can't make judgements on players I've never played with before?" seems over the top to me. Yoshi telling you that Maria's play could be from scum-Maria, is just him warning you to be cautious with your read on her. What do you think was scum!Yoshi's motivation here? You also attacked Yoshi for not being interested in why you are town reading Maria, well, it seems to me that it would make more sense for you to explain why you are town-reading her, and see what Yoshi has to say, but that's just me. I'd also like to see where you think that Yoshi has been trying to shut down discussion.
I thought that yoshi's comment showed very little interest into why I was townreading Maria. He wasn't making any effort to show me where I was wrong or anything. His later explination in shows no indication why he thought my town read in particular was worth commenting on. It wasn't a particularly strong read, and its not until that yoshi can come up with a reason why my slight-townread on maria was worth singling out, which is an explination that contradicts . First it was because he didn't like early reads at all, but then it's because Maria's a good player.

It feels more like yoshi wanted to comment on Maria (who was the topic at hand) but wanted to avoid much fanfare.

Now look at yoshi's play since then. simple reaffirms without further explination. is worthless and pretty blatantly anti-discussion. is completely conciliatory to me after I started pushing him further. Note here that is similarly backing away from confrontation with Maria.

In general, it feels like yoshi was trying to avoid making waves. That's why he basically conceded everything to me in when I initially voted for him, and it's why he spent a good amount of time focusing on psyche recently.

But let's look at how yoshi approached the whole psyche-thing. He says psyche is 'shitposting-town" in , asks like 4 different people about psyche, votes for him, but never once asks psyche any questions directly. All in all, it looks like he's trying to draw attention to psyche's lack of content - which is obvious - but he's not trying to do anything about it. And then . I can understand trying to keep your reads close to your vest (although I don't endorse it) but the way he does it is scummy. It looks to me like he want to follow someone else's reads and logic.

All in all, yoshi looks like someone who's trying to avoid making waves. He concedes basically everything to someone else.
In post 307, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 226, Jaack wrote: you actually never said gerry was a good scum candidate and your reasons for yoshi loop like you are reaching for something. So can you go back to gerry for a second. Tell me why you think gerry could be scum.
In post 153, Jaack wrote:I'm not sure I like what Maria's been doing all that much, but I don't think it's coming from scum.

Still like my gear vote.
Think Jake might be on to something with gerry.
While I may not have come right out and said it, I did pretty heavily imply I thought gerry was reasonably scummy, just I liked gear less at the time. I liked your initial questioning of gerry () in regards to his reaction to Maria's vote.

As for gerry now, I didn't like his reasoning in all that much in regards to you (jake). His reasoning is vague, aside from the part about you focusing on him, which still fails to explain his initial scumread/vote on you, since it came afterwords.

----

I'm becoming more and more convinced that yoshi is scum. Gerry is probably my number 2 now.

Gear's recent stuff with regards to me looks ok to me, so he's out of my scumpile for now.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:33 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Crazy shit happened at school today, everyone's going home early because of a bomb threat. I'm not even at my high school, I'm at a middle school in the same district. Dunno when I'll be home, but I'll contribute once I get home.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

At the moment, Jaack's reaction to 302 seems it but over-the-top to me. I don't feel like going into deep detail on a phone, but because of Jaack's post I have scumreads on both him and Gerry now. By the way, my initial scumread was Jake, but I am putting that aside now because I have a stronger read.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:13 am

that's a huge wall that I don't have time to read on my phone atm. I did skim the part that you posted after you quoted my post and I don't think you even heavily implied anything about gerry. The only post I saw was where you said you liked where I was headed with regards to me questioning him but I wasn't scum reading gerry at the time so agreeing with my questioning doesn't mean you are scum reading somebody.

so did I miss a post somewhere? can you link or quote the post where you heavily imply it?
Show
Things I've learned.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:06 am

Post by MariaR »

I can't say why I did tr Yoshi but it's gone now.

If I explained the reasons behind it it would be quite easy to take advantage of
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:44 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 310, Jaack wrote:
In post 279, light_ganski wrote: Gear hasn't said an awful lot really, though I'd like to know why he was interested in mine and Rask's history. Town side of null, not much else to say yet really.

As for yoshi, I didn't notice until I ISO'd him but I'd like him to elaborate on 154, why he thinks Maria looks scummy. As I've said Ive got a reasonable townread on Maria so I'd like to know what he sees as scummy in her. 171, 231 and 232 seem to be him complaining about how it's difficult to read people this early on, and whilst I understand that sentiment he must of picked up on something worth commenting on further than 'that could've come from scum Maria'. He's asked a couple of okay questions after that but overall, a weak scumread, but would need to see more to solidify that.
In post 302, Gear wrote:Jaack, your comment to Yoshi "So I can't make judgements on players I've never played with before?" seems over the top to me. Yoshi telling you that Maria's play could be from scum-Maria, is just him warning you to be cautious with your read on her. What do you think was scum!Yoshi's motivation here? You also attacked Yoshi for not being interested in why you are town reading Maria, well, it seems to me that it would make more sense for you to explain why you are town-reading her, and see what Yoshi has to say, but that's just me. I'd also like to see where you think that Yoshi has been trying to shut down discussion.
I thought that yoshi's comment showed very little interest into why I was townreading Maria. He wasn't making any effort to show me where I was wrong or anything. His later explination in shows no indication why he thought my town read in particular was worth commenting on. It wasn't a particularly strong read, and its not until that yoshi can come up with a reason why my slight-townread on maria was worth singling out, which is an explination that contradicts . First it was because he didn't like early reads at all, but then it's because Maria's a good player.

It feels more like yoshi wanted to comment on Maria (who was the topic at hand) but wanted to avoid much fanfare.

Now look at yoshi's play since then. simple reaffirms without further explination. is worthless and pretty blatantly anti-discussion. is completely conciliatory to me after I started pushing him further. Note here that is similarly backing away from confrontation with Maria.

In general, it feels like yoshi was trying to avoid making waves. That's why he basically conceded everything to me in when I initially voted for him, and it's why he spent a good amount of time focusing on psyche recently.

But let's look at how yoshi approached the whole psyche-thing. He says psyche is 'shitposting-town" in , asks like 4 different people about psyche, votes for him, but never once asks psyche any questions directly. All in all, it looks like he's trying to draw attention to psyche's lack of content - which is obvious - but he's not trying to do anything about it. And then . I can understand trying to keep your reads close to your vest (although I don't endorse it) but the way he does it is scummy. It looks to me like he want to follow someone else's reads and logic.

All in all, yoshi looks like someone who's trying to avoid making waves. He concedes basically everything to someone else.
In post 307, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 226, Jaack wrote: you actually never said gerry was a good scum candidate and your reasons for yoshi loop like you are reaching for something. So can you go back to gerry for a second. Tell me why you think gerry could be scum.
In post 153, Jaack wrote:I'm not sure I like what Maria's been doing all that much, but I don't think it's coming from scum.

Still like my gear vote.
Think Jake might be on to something with gerry.
While I may not have come right out and said it, I did pretty heavily imply I thought gerry was reasonably scummy, just I liked gear less at the time. I liked your initial questioning of gerry () in regards to his reaction to Maria's vote.

As for gerry now, I didn't like his reasoning in all that much in regards to you (jake). His reasoning is vague, aside from the part about you focusing on him, which still fails to explain his initial scumread/vote on you, since it came afterwords.

----

I'm becoming more and more convinced that yoshi is scum. Gerry is probably my number 2 now.

Gear's recent stuff with regards to me looks ok to me, so he's out of my scumpile for now.
1. Gear's stuff seems okay even though Gear is defending me, AND Gear voted Jaack.
2. His whole reasoning is from one encounter between himself and me.
3. I really don't care why you are townreading Maria, but I think it's inaccurate to make one of her this early.
4. What are you trying to say about Maria and me?
5. Regarding Psyche, I am trying to get him to contribute. I would post when I have tried, but there are too many (and too obvious) to be honest.
6. So you're willing to completely ignore Psyche even though he has made absolutely no contribution.
7. What did I concede to you? You said I was being inactive, and I became more active.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 280, gerryoat wrote:Umm iso jake, and look at all their posts. Everything seems very weak, and I don't see any effort in finding mafia. Their focus has completely switched to me since I voted them. Also about Maria, I think she's just being null so far. I've play with maria all the time, and I havent seen any towntells or scumtells so far, so that's why I havent said anything.
thats kind of basic
thing is you seem to have wrote him off really early with conviction
as opposed to interacting with him or wanting more information

okay, what about the wagon on you then
how do you feel about that
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

@Jaack how certain are you of BYF scum over gerryoat?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 314, MariaR wrote:I can't say why I did tr Yoshi but it's gone now.

If I explained the reasons behind it it would be quite easy to take advantage of
explain it anyways
deranged and incoherent
?
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 310, Jaack wrote:
Gear's posts still feel really flat to me, and I struggled to get my head round 298 - when he's made detailed posts they seem a little obfuscating. Slight scum read for now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 am

@yoshi do you have issues with town reading Maria early on specifically or do you have issues with people developing town reads early in general.

Personally think that post about Gerry from rask is pretty good. I feel like any player who's suspicious of another would be trying to interact with them. not to mention some of the stuff he says isn't even accurate and the stuff that is isn't alignment indicative.

If he or anyone else wants content from me. Here I am. Just ask.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Jaack »

Lots to respond to.... here is the non-yoshi half:
In post 313, Jake from State Farm wrote:that's a huge wall that I don't have time to read on my phone atm. I did skim the part that you posted after you quoted my post and I don't think you even heavily implied anything about gerry. The only post I saw was where you said you liked where I was headed with regards to me questioning him but I wasn't scum reading gerry at the time so agreeing with my questioning doesn't mean you are scum reading somebody.

so did I miss a post somewhere? can you link or quote the post where you heavily imply it?
That is where I implied I was leaning scum-gerry, but reading my own post, I can understand if you didn't read it that way.
In post 317, Raskolnikov wrote:@Jaack how certain are you of BYF scum over gerryoat?
I'm pretty convinced that yoshi is scum and it would take a lot to convince me otherwise. Gerry, on the other hand, is merely more likely to be scum than not.
After this set of respnses, I'll work on a full reads list so I don't just tunnel in further on this yoshi mess.
In post 319, light_ganski wrote: Gear's posts still feel really flat to me, and I struggled to get my head round 298 - when he's made detailed posts they seem a little obfuscating. Slight scum read for now.
So you are scumreading all of yoshi, gear, and gerry? Since you're voting gerry, I assume that is your strongest read, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Jaack »

And the yoshi half.
In post 312, BigYoshiFan wrote:At the moment, Jaack's reaction to 302 seems it but over-the-top to me. I don't feel like going into deep detail on a phone, but because of Jaack's post I have scumreads on both him and Gerry now. By the way, my initial scumread was Jake, but I am putting that aside now because I have a stronger read.
If you're initial scum read was Jake, then why did you ask him this:
In post 295, BigYoshiFan wrote:I'm getting a scumread on someone, not sure if I feel comfortable revealing yet. Are you comfortable enough to share? Perhaps if it's the same person I'll feel more comfortable sharing.
If you were scumreading Jake, why would you ask
him
this, as opposed to
literally any other player
. And you're also going to need to explain why you were scumreading Jake, even if you are walking it back now.
In post 315, BigYoshiFan wrote: 1. Gear's stuff seems okay even though Gear is defending me, AND Gear voted Jaack.
2. His whole reasoning is from one encounter between himself and me.
3. I really don't care why you are townreading Maria, but I think it's inaccurate to make one of her this early.
4. What are you trying to say about Maria and me?
5. Regarding Psyche, I am trying to get him to contribute. I would post when I have tried, but there are too many (and too obvious) to be honest.
6. So you're willing to completely ignore Psyche even though he has made absolutely no contribution.
7. What did I concede to you? You said I was being inactive, and I became more active.
1. That question wasn't intended for you, but okay.
2. I don't know what this has to do with anything.
3:
In post 231, BigYoshiFan wrote: Overall, I don't like reads being made this early in the game. Of course, you can make them, but I won't see them as very accurate. You're though, I should have asked why you had townread her. I'm sorry I have not made an effort to promote discussion within this game, I'll try to do that now. I'm busy weekends. :/
Sure you don't care.

4. I'm trying to say that I think you're scum because your initial post regarding Maria () was scummy. Maria has little to do with that.
5. No, but you are trying to make it look like that. You've asked four different players
about
psyche, but you have yet to ask psyche anything. You did vote for him in , but you had previously called him town in , so it's not like that vote was going to accomplish something.
6. I see no point in wasting my time with a player I'm not going to get any worthwhile response out of. I'd rather spend my time on more fruitful endeavors.
7:
In post 231, BigYoshiFan wrote: Overall, I don't like reads being made this early in the game. Of course, you can make them, but I won't see them as very accurate. You're though, I should have asked why you had townread her. I'm sorry I have not made an effort to promote discussion within this game, I'll try to do that now. I'm busy weekends. :/
Like every single line of this post is conceding to what I had said earlier.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I want to contribute but no one has addressed me. I am opening myself up here and now, ask me anything and I will answer. I'm tired of simply observing.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:32 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 318, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 314, MariaR wrote:I can't say why I did tr Yoshi but it's gone now.

explain it anyways
No.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”