Not Chara*
Prism*
Aj The Epic
who replaced ironstove*

Nosferatu
Sondam (MariaR + gerryoat)
Dunnstral
beeboy
who replaced Gamma Emerald, who replaced Mega Frozen (Gamma Emerald + Frozen Angel)

BTD6_Maker

* denotes a prod.

Living (2)
:
Spoiler:
-Grey-,
corrupted
, victorious.
pisskop,
corrupted
, victorious.

Dead (11)
:
Spoiler:
Sondam,
uncorrupted
, lynched day 1.
beeboy,
uncorrupted
, killed night 1.
Nosferatu,
uncorrupted
, lynched day 2.
Dunnstral,
corrupted
, lynched day 3.
Fire Assassin,
uncorrupted
, killed night 3.
drealmerz7,
uncorrupted
, lynched day 4.
Not Chara,
uncorrupted
, killed night 4.
BTD6_maker,
uncorrupted
, lynched day 5.
Prism,
uncorrupted
, endgamed.
havingfitz,
uncorrupted
, endgamed.
Aj The Epic,
uncorrupted
, endgamed.

Events Log
:
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 47 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Rules & Mechanics

I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time. I will inform you if this happens during the course of the game.

Spoiler: Common Rules
>
All site rules apply here.
>
No quoting any private mod communication, including your role PM, or contents of private topics. You can paraphrase.
>
If you have the ability to edit, please refrain from doing so.
>
Do not discuss this game outside game related threads while it is ongoing. This includes contacting players of the game via Private Messaging or other outside communication.
>
Do not discuss other ongoing games in this game thread unless the mechanics of that game allow such (I would appreciate it if you let me know in advance if this is the case as well).
>
When dealing with rules infractions or other problems, I will always seek the solution that is least invasive to the game state. That said, infractions may result in anything from a warning to your slot being force replaced or you being modkilled, depending on the severity and nature of the offense.
>
Please be respectful of all other players as well as myself.
>
No angle shooting. Play in the spirit of the game. I shouldn't need to clarify this further.

Spoiler: Game Conduct Rules
>
My color is
#FF6FF2
. Don't use it, or any similar shade really.
>
Questions for me may be made either via PM or in the thread. If you ask a question in thread, please ensure you bold your question and begin with it with the tag "@mod" so I am more likely to notice it. Keep in mind there are certain questions I will refuse to answer publicly (I will say so specifically if this is the case), and others I will refuse to answer at all.
>
Please do not use provable randomness (such as the dice tag) in thread. You may SAY you used randomization, but not prove it.
>
No ciphers, encryption, extremely small text, or other similar tactics.
>
Do not threaten to abandon the game as a response to in game actions. Doing so will result in an immediate force replace if not modkill.
>
If you notice an error in my moderating, you are free to point it out in the game thread. However, please also message me privately so that I notice and can amend the error as soon as possible.
>
Do not make reference to meta formed in other games still ongoing, no matter how discreet you attempt to be about it.
>
Do not make reference in game to any sort of moderator communication with the exception of game mechanics related communication.

Spoiler: Inactivity and V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access) Guidelines
>
I prod after 48 hours of inactivity and begin seeking replacement after another 24 hours.
>
If you receive more than three prods, I will immediately begin seeking replacement.
>
Please inform me
directly via PM
of any V/LA. If you don't do this, I'm not responsible if I don't notice you're on V/LA and prod you during it.
>
If you have regular V/LA periods (such as being unavailable on weekends) please inform me pre-game and I will take this into account.

Spoiler: Setup & Mechanical Rules
>
While flavor is present throughout this game, it has no bearing on the game itself and exists strictly for your (and my) added enjoyment. Certain aspects of flavor have been randomized so that they cannot possibly have bearing on alignment or mechanics. You analyze flavor at your own peril.
>
This setup was reviewed by mhsmith0 and Ircher. I cannot guarantee balance, though we have strived for it.
>
There are
10 town
and
3 mafia
aligned players.
>
Day phases will be two weeks long. Night phases will be 48 hours long.
>
Deadline modifications not ordained by the mechanics of the game itself will be granted rarely, only to accommodate for replacements, in other extreme circumstances such as site downtime.
>
Votes must be made with either
bold
or VOTE:  tags. Votes not cast in this way
will not be counted
>
Lynches are based on majority. As soon as a majority of alive players votes for a single slot, they will immediately be lynched and the game will progress to the night phase. Between when the final vote needed to lynch is cast and I process the lynch and progress the game to night, you may discuss the game in thread but take no actions whatsoever.
>
If no majority is achieved by the end of a day phase, the vote will default to no lynch.
>
By default, scum possess both day and night chat.
>
By default, players may use as many abilities as they have access to during any single phase.
>
This game uses Natural Action Resolution.

Spoiler: Sample Role PM
Greetings, [PLAYER NAME]! Welcome to the Trial of the Evoker. You will play the role of
Nahdia, of family Paradox

As a wizard, you are skilled in channeling arcane energies. Your abilities function as follows:
  • Whenever you are hit by a spell, you will gain that spell in your spellbook.
  • Unless stated otherwise,
    all abilities are compulsive
    ; you must use them at your first opportunity. If you do not select a target, one will be randomly selected for you.
    all abilities are 1-shot
    ; they will be removed from your spellbook once no uses remain.
  • If killed, you will flip with only the spells you possess at the time of your death.
  • None of the above applies to dark magic.
In addition:
  • Your spellbook catalogs all spells you currently have access to.
    all abilities are used exclusively at night.
You are
uncorrupted
by dark magic. You win when all practitioners of dark magic are slain.
Spellbook
Vote -
Day use, non-compulsive, unlimited, public use only. Exerts magical force on one target, relative to the number of wizards in proximity. You may only target one wizard at a time with this spell. Should a majority of living players target one individual, that individual will be lynched.
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Nahdia »

All role PM's have been sent. Game will begin in (expired on 2016-11-16 13:05:00).

Please ask any mechanical clarifications you have at this time via PM.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Twenty generations have passed since Xova gave the fifteen families the gift of mana, and with it the power to wield magic. Still today you possess that great power, a sign that within you is not only the blood, but also the will and the courage of those fifteen heroes who were granted Xova's blessing.

But this blessing has not come free. With each generation, the youth of the surviving families, now only thirteen in number, venture into Xova's Temple and undergo a trial, known as the Trial of the Evoker to reprove their worth. The contents of each trial is never spoken of, for to do so is a great betrayal to Xova's trust. To those that do not undergo the trial themselves, little is known. It is not rare for tributes to fail to return some years; and those that fall during the Trial of the Evoker, if they are survived by their families, are regarded as heroes. For their sacrifice has seen them all worthy of Xova's good graces still.

Today, you thirteen enter Xova's Temple as the twenty-first generation of young wizards to begin the Trial of the Evoker. You have no idea what to expect, being told only "Be brave". The inner sanctum of Xova's Temple is only ever seen by those who participate in the trial, and as you all enter the foyer, you are awe-struck by the incredible beauty of the temple. Suddenly, a voice rings out throughout the chamber. The voice is loud, yet crisp and gentle. Though you have never heard this voice in your life, you all feel a strange sense of familiarity as well, as if you were catching the voice of your mother across a bustling crowd. Immediately you know, you are now the audience of Xova herself.

"Greetings, Evokers. I am pleased that you have come before me. I sense among you a great range of feeling. I feel your pride and your courage, your fear and your uncertainty. I feel within many of you your virtue, and yet, in others I feel the cold grip of corruption and darkness."

Xova's words impart a feeling of dread and paranoia in you all. Each of you now eyes those around them with unease.

"Yes indeed. How curious that to prove the continued worth of your line, some of you would stand before me, souls tainted in the practice of dark magic. Curious indeed... I believe our trial has been decided. To those of you who possess pure souls; I give you this task. Seek out the darkness that lurks among you and stamp it out. To those of you who have strayed the path and are corrupt forevermore; I force you now to face the reality that you are surrounded by enemies now and forever. Kill everyone, sparing only your dark comrades. Good luck."

With that, the voice is silent. Tension and fear grip your party. The Trial of the Evoker has begun.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Nahdia »

Though many words refer to practitioners of magic, most are not entirely synonymous. 'Wizard' is a general term referring to anyone who can utilize magic. The term 'Evoker' is generally reserved for someone highly capable with magic, and is also considered an especially formal term. 'Warlock' refers to a practitioner of dark magic, though it is generally only used
at
someone with intent of being scathing rather than a self-adopted title. 'Witch' refers only to female wizards, and is often seen as diminutive.
-
Excerpt from
On Modern Vernacular
by Cynthia Darrow
Day 1 begins.

Votecount 1.00

Not Voting (13):
Fire Assassin, BATORU, drealmerz7, pisskop, Wisdom, Not Chara, Prism, ironstove, Nosferatu, Sondam, Dunnstral, Mega Frozen, BTD6_Maker

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-11-30 13:05:00).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #150 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Nahdia »

The only concrete information we ever have about an individual trial comes when fewer evokers leave than enter. Of 279 tributes in the 20 trials, records indicate 17 never returned and are presumed dead. The most to ever die in a single trial was three at once, during the 18th trial.
-Excerpt from
Our Unspoken History
by Elijah Willow
Votecount 1.01

Dunnstral (3):
Nosferatu, pisskop, Sondam
Sondam (2):
Wisdom, Fire Assassin
Wisdom (2):
Prism, Dunnstral
Not Chara (1):
BTD6_Maker
Nosferatu (1):
ironstove
ironstove (1):
Mega Frozen

Not Voting (3):
drealmerz7, Not Chara, BATORU

Deadline:

In post 43, BATORU wrote:oh wait I just realized something

@Mod

if we send a spell to a scum, do they keep it even after they lose it?
By default, the same basic rules of spellcasting apply to everyone. Exceptions may exist.
In post 56, Mega Frozen wrote:
In post 52, Mega Frozen wrote:scums must have regular spells which they must pass or the game is breakable .

I wouldn't assume its just factional kill though. It might be more.

why our votes are a spell? will we loose them by targetting people at night? I'm a little confused here.

#Frozen
clarifying the second line is about dark magic

and lets ask last question from mod

@mod About he vote spell we all have and is written in sample role pm. is that transformable like other spells too?

if thats the case we all must make a plan for targetting to make sure votes won't end up in one slot

#White
I think this was too unclear in the design and for that I apologize. The "Vote" Spell as it is described in the Sample Role PM is excepted from the various special mechanical rules of how spells (see: abilities) work. This includes the mechanic of spells moving from slot to slot as they are used. However, it is important to note that it is still a spell.
Last edited by Nahdia on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #292 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Nahdia »

Though there are those who hold them in esteem, the reputation of the Nyx Family is permanently blackened by them being credited with the first usage of dark magic.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.02

Sondam (3):
Wisdom, Fire Assassin, Not Chara
Dunnstral (2):
Nosferatu, Sondam
Mega Frozen (2):
BATORU, Prism
Not Chara (1):
BTD6_Maker
Nosferatu (1):
ironstove
ironstove (1):
Mega Frozen
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7
drealmerz7 (1):
Dunnstral
Fire Assassin (1):
pisskop

Not Voting (0):

Deadline:

In post 291, Fire Assassin wrote:
@Mod: Can players gain spells without another players intervention or does it always have to be players intervention?
When spells are "compulsory and must use first opportunity" how does that work for something like a hated spell? Does that mean by end of day they give to another player?
No comment on both counts. I won't publicly answer questions relating to abilities, whether present in the game or not, unless those abilities are public.
Last edited by Nahdia on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #356 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Nahdia »

The Acken Family was the first of two families blessed by Xova whose line have gone extinct. Records indicate they were always very small family, and became doomed when the sole heir to their line became the first to die in a trial during the Fourth Trial of the Evoker.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.03

ironstove (4):
Mega Frozen, pisskop, Fire Assassin, Dunnstral
Mega Frozen (3):
Prism, BTD6_Maker, ironstove
Sondam (2):
Wisdom, Not Chara
Dunnstral (1):
Sondam
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7
drealmerz7 (1):
Nosferatu

Not Voting (1):
BATORU

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #412 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Nahdia »

Gamma Emerald replaces Mega Frozen.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #419 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Nahdia »

*grumble grumble* ...keep missing page tops... *grumble grumble*

The Temple of Xova rests in the heart of the city of Xova, which is in the small nation of Xova. Xovans aren't very creative when it comes to naming things.
Votecount 1.04

ironstove (3):
pisskop, Fire Assassin, Dunnstral
Gamma Emerald (3):
Prism, BTD6_Maker, ironstove
Sondam (2):
Wisdom, Not Chara
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7
drealmerz7 (1):
Nosferatu
Nosferatu (1):
BATORU
pisskop (1):
Sondam

Not Voting (1):
Gamma Emerald

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #448 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Please note the addition of two new rules.
In post 1, Nahdia wrote:
>
Do not make reference to meta formed in other games that are still ongoing. Being discreet doesn't make it acceptable.
>
Do not make reference in game to any sort of moderator communication with the exception of communication relating to game mechanics (role PM's, investigative results, mod questions, etc.).
To be perfectly clear, this post falls under that second new rule. If you would like to discuss this, message me privately.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #499 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Nahdia »

bump

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #500 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Nahdia »

The Kroll Family appreciates concision.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.05

ironstove (3):
pisskop, Fire Assassin, Dunnstral
Sondam (2):
Wisdom, Not Chara
BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, Sondam
Gamma Emerald (1):
BTD6_Maker
drealmerz7 (1):
Nosferatu
Nosferatu (1):
BATORU
Prism (1):
ironstove
Dunnstral (1):
Prism

Not Voting (1):
Gamma Emerald

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #550 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

He who fails to control mana, is controlled by mana.
-Ancient proverb, origin unknown.
Votecount 1.06

Sondam (5):
Wisdom, Not Chara, Dunnstral, Nosferatu, BTD6_Maker
ironstove (2):
pisskop, Fire Assassin
BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, Sondam
Wisdom (1):
Gamma Emerald
Nosferatu (1):
BATORU
Prism (1):
ironstove
Dunnstral (1):
Prism

Not Voting (0):

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #699 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Nahdia »

bump

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #700 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Nahdia »

The Turner Family's extensive family tree features merchants and traders dealing in virtually every good imaginable. With their massive wealth they field a privately owned army to protect their interests.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.07

Sondam (5):
Wisdom, Not Chara, Dunnstral, Nosferatu, BTD6_Maker
ironstove (2):
pisskop, Fire Assassin
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7
Wisdom (1):
Gamma Emerald
Nosferatu (1):
BATORU
Gamma Emerald (1):
ironstove
Dunnstral (1):
Prism

Not Voting (1):
Sondam

Deadline:

pisskop has been prodded.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #801 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Nahdia »

That those who enter the trial may never relate the events of the trial to anyone is an unquestioned rule. However, whether those who enter may discuss the events afterwards with those who were there with them is something of a gray area. A strict adherence to Xova's exact commandants would say this is forbidden as well, but even so it occurs without apparent divine vengeance.
Excerpt from
Our Unspoken History
by Elijah Willow
Votecount 1.08

Sondam (5):
Not Chara, Dunnstral, Nosferatu, BTD6_Maker, pisskop
Wisdom (2):
Gamma Emerald, Sondam
ironstove (1):
Fire Assassin
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7
Nosferatu (1):
BATORU
Gamma Emerald (1):
ironstove
Dunnstral (1):
Prism
drealmerz (1):
Wisdom

Not Voting (0):

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #919 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Nahdia »

As long as there have been humans who control magic, there have been humans seeking to understand the science behind magic. Unfortunately, those groups have historically had very minor overlap.
-Excerpt from
Modern Mana, 11th Edition
by Ashton Paradox
Votecount 1.09

Sondam (4):
Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker, pisskop, Nosferatu
Wisdom (2):
Gamma Emerald, Sondam
Nosferatu (2):
BATORU, Prism
ironstove (1):
Fire Assassin
Gamma Emerald (1):
ironstove
drealmerz (1):
Wisdom
Dunnstral (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (1):
drealmerz7

Deadline:

ironstove has been prodded.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #970 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Most users of magic reject modern technology. Members of the Felix Family are the major exception; many modern conveniences stem from the imaginations of inventors from the Felix Family.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.10

Sondam (3):
Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker, pisskop
Not Chara (3):
Fire Assassin, Gamma Emerald, Nosferatu
Wisdom (2):
Sondam, drealmerz7
Nosferatu (1):
Prism
Gamma Emerald (1):
ironstove
drealmerz (1):
Wisdom
Dunnstral (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (1):
BATORU

Deadline:

Seeking a replacement for Wisdom.
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1162 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Nahdia »

The Willow Family, often called House Willow, are among the most pious of blessed families. Their House recognizes and holds in great reverence even the most obscure of Holy Days.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.11

Dunnstral (3):
Not Chara, pisskop, Gamma Emerald
Not Chara (2):
Fire Assassin, Nosferatu
Sondam (2):
Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker
pisskop (1):
Sondam
Nosferatu (1):
Prism
Gamma Emerald (1):
ironstove
drealmerz (1):
Wisdom
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7

Not Voting (1):
BATORU

Deadline:

Seeking a replacement for Wisdom.

Not Chara has been prodded.

In post 1103, pisskop wrote:??? its compulsive.

@mod, what happens to the grimoire of a dead player?
I'll need clarification to answer this.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1166 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1165, pisskop wrote:
@mod: When a palyer dies, what happens to the powers they are storing in their spellbook?
The same thing that happens to standard power roles when their owner dies in any game. They stay with the dead slot & don't transfer to anyone else unless some mechanic existed that would facilitate such.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1170 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1167, drealmerz7 wrote:
nahdia - are there mechanics that would fascilitate such existing in this game?
Good question. :roll:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1176 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Sickofit1138 replaces Wisdom.

To accommodate for the replacement as well as because many people have been V/LA for the holiday, I'm extending the deadline by 24 hours.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-12-01 13:05:00).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1199 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

bump
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1200 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

The Vex Family is notably the smallest of still surviving families. They are a close-knit and secretive group, leading to some referring to their family as a hereditary cult.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.12

Dunnstral (3):
pisskop, Gamma Emerald, drealmerz7
Sondam (3):
Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker, ironstove
Not Chara (2):
Fire Assassin, Nosferatu
pisskop (1):
Sondam
Nosferatu (1):
Prism
drealmerz (1):
Sickofit1138
Gamma Emerald (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (1):
BATORU

Deadline:

BATORU & Prism have been prodded.
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1325 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

It's always quite easy to tell when a member of the Darrow Family is around; they'll be sure to tell you at the first opportunity. This despite there being no particularly notable achievements to attribute to their family in the last few hundred years.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.13

Sondam (4):
Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker, Nosferatu, pisskop
pisskop (4):
Sondam, Gamma Emerald, drealmerz7, ironstove
Not Chara (1):
Fire Assassin
Nosferatu (1):
Prism
drealmerz (1):
Sickofit1138
Gamma Emerald (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (1):
BATORU

Deadline:

Fire Assassin has been prodded.
Last edited by Nahdia on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1404 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1398, Dunnstral wrote:
@mod if someone has multiple spells, can they be used at the same time?
In post 1, Nahdia wrote:
>
By default, players may use as many abilities as they have access to during any single phase.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1425 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Nahdia »

The Kendall Family, the greatest of all the magical families, is famed for their gift for writing, as well as their non-bias.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.14

Sondam (3):
Nosferatu, pisskop, Not Chara
pisskop (2):
drealmerz7, BTD6_Maker
ironstove (2):
Gamma Emerald, Fire Assassin
Not Chara (2):
Dunnstral, Sondam
Gamma Emerald (1):
ironstove
Dunnstral (1):
Prism
drealmerz (1):
Sickofit1138

Not Voting (1):
BATORU

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1514 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

In truth, the Paradox Family still has surviving descendants. However, after their failure to send a representative to take part in the tenth trial, magic was stripped from their bloodline. Most wizards now refer to their family as if they are all dead.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 1.15

Sondam (5):
Nosferatu, pisskop, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Prism
Gamma Emerald (4):
ironstove, drealmerz7, BATORU, Not Chara
pisskop (2):
BTD6_Maker, Sondam
ironstove (1):
Fire Assassin
Prism (1):
Sickofit1138

Not Voting (0):

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1553 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Nahdia »

Though the spirits of most who die will be welcomed to the court of deity they revered the most, there are a great number of things one might do in life which may affect your destiny after death. Chief among them is the murder of an innocent.
Votecount 1.16

Sondam (7):
pisskop, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Prism, Nosferatu, Not Chara, BATORU

pisskop (3):
BTD6_Maker, Sondam, Sickofit1138
Gamma Emerald (2):
ironstove, drealmerz7
ironstove (1):
Fire Assassin

Not Voting (0):

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1554 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Nahdia »

Is this how you carry out justice? How curious.
Goodbye, young master Kendall.

Sondam has been lynched. They were Calvin Kendall, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic. They had the following special ability:

Studious
- You will copy any spells in the spellbook of the first player to die, with the exception of dark magic.
Spoiler: Sondam's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -
Day use, non-compulsive, unlimited, public use only. Exerts magical force on one target, relative to the number of wizards in proximity. You may only target one wizard at a time with this spell. Should a majority of living players target one individual, that individual will be lynched.

It is now Night 1.
Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2016-12-04 17:25:00). Day 2 will begin shortly after.

As a reminder, any compulsive abilities that remain unused will be given randomly decided targets.
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1555 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Nahdia »

Hey people. Gamma Emerald is replaced by beeboy effective immediately.

I'll be resetting the deadline in the post above to 48 hours starting now.

I'm going to take this opportunity to remind people of this yet again. Do not talk about ongoing games. Do not allude to ongoing games. Do not refer to meta from ongoing games. Do not say "I can't talk about X read on Y person", it's extremely obvious what you're doing. This behavior is
completely unacceptable
and will get you force replaced.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1556 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Nahdia »

Good bye, Aria.
Good morning, killers.

During the night beeboy has been killed. He was Aria Nyx, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic.
Spoiler: beeboy's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -
Scry -
Observe the magical field around your target, noticing everything that occurs in their vicinity. This spell will inform you of everyone who casts spells targeting your target this phase.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1557 (isolation #33) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Rae is the parent to all other Gods and Goddesses, known simply as the First. The few truly great leaders among the ranks of men make up Rae's court.
Votecount 2.00

Not Voting (11):
Fire Assassin, BATORU, drealmerz7, pisskop, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, ironstove, Nosferatu, Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-12-18 18:15:00).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1611 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1598, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1, Nahdia wrote:If killed, you will flip with only the spells you possess at the time of your death.
@Mod I think this was asked earlier, but if X dies at night and Y visits them. Will they get Ys spell?
In this hypothetical, X's spellbook would contain Y's spell (assuming that spell is not dark magic).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1647 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1644, BATORU wrote:@Mod if two people had hypothetically targeted beeboy with the same spell, would both show in his book upon flip or just one?
Should you have multiple instances of a single spell, it will appear multiple times in your spellbook.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1675 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Xova is the Goddess of the Arcane. She is choosier than most in who she allows to enter her court after death; only allowing those particularly skilled in the use of magic.
Votecount 2.01

Nosferatu (3):
Dunnstral, drealmerz7, BATORU
Dunnstral (2):
Nosferatu, pisskop

Not Voting (6):
Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, ironstove, BTD6_Maker, Fire Assassin

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1769 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1757, ironstove wrote:My real spell is called find the f*gg*t and I used it on you last night and got a positive result for HIV/AIDS
I have no tolerance whatsoever for behavior like this.

Now seeking a replacement for ironstove.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1774 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Aj The Epic replaces ironstove.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1826 (isolation #39) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Eta is known as the Dusk Goddess. She is commonly mistaken as an embodiment of evil, but is more intimately connected with the unknown and the forbidden. Any wizards who use dark magic in their life time will become members of her court after death.
Votecount 2.02

Nosferatu (4):
Dunnstral, drealmerz7, Not Chara, BTD6_Maker
Dunnstral (2):
Nosferatu, Fire Assassin
Aj The Epic (1):
pisskop
Fire Assassin(1):
Aj The Epic

Not Voting (3):
Sickofit1138, Prism, BATORU

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1904 (isolation #40) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Nahdia »

Members of the Stryker Family are particularly proud of their heritage. Their extended family tree consists largely of generals and war heroes.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 2.03

Nosferatu (5):
Dunnstral, drealmerz7, Not Chara, BTD6_Maker, Fire Assassin
Dunnstral (2):
Nosferatu, BATORU
Aj The Epic (1):
pisskop
Fire Assassin(1):
Aj The Epic

Not Voting (2):
Sickofit1138, Prism

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1911 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Nahdia »

Eta's twin is Ko, the God of Death. Anyone who kills their fellow man during their lifetime not out of absolute necessity is dragged, willingly or not, to his court after death.
Votecount 2.04

Nosferatu (6):
Dunnstral, drealmerz7, Not Chara, BTD6_Maker, Fire Assassin, pisskop

Dunnstral (2):
Nosferatu, BATORU
Fire Assassin(1):
Aj The Epic

Not Voting (2):
Sickofit1138, Prism

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1912 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Nahdia »

I see...
Such a pity, you don't even know who your friends are anymore.

Nosferatu has been lynched. He was Nadine Kroll, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic.
Spoiler: Nosferatu's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -

It is now Night 2.
Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2016-12-08 18:00:00). Day 3 will begin shortly after.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1913 (isolation #43) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Nahdia »

No one has died during Night 2.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1914 (isolation #44) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 3.00

Not Voting (10):
Fire Assassin, BATORU, drealmerz7, pisskop, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, Aj The Epic, Dunnstral, BTD6_Maker

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-12-22 18:30:00).
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2027 (isolation #45) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 3.01

Dunnstral (3):
drealmerz7, Aj The Epic, BTD6_Maker

Not Voting (7):
Fire Assassin, pisskop, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, Dunnstral, BATORU

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2046 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 3.02

Dunnstral (5):
drealmerz7, Aj The Epic, BTD6_Maker, Fire Assassin, Dunnstral

Not Voting (5):
pisskop, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, BATORU

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2047 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I see you've made your mark.
What retaliation awaits?

Dunnstral has been lynched. He was Lillian Turner, who was
corrupted
by dark magic.
Spoiler: Dunnstral's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -
Wayward Curse -
A wandering curse which inflicts weakness to a wizard until it moves on. As long as this spell is in your spellbook, you will be hated and take one less vote to be lynched. This modifier will not function in LYLO. You must target a player to pass this curse on at the first opportunity.
Daze -
Muddle your target's mind, interrupting whatever they're doing. This spell will block all spells cast by your target this phase.
Essence Rend -
This spell is dark magic. Only one member of your team may use this spell each night. Destroys your target's soul. This spell kills your target.
Invade -
This spell is dark magic. Non-consecutive day use. Invade the mind of a target and learn what secrets they keep. This spell will inform you of all the spells your target has in their spell book.

It is now Night 3.
Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2016-12-12 01:30:00). Day 3 will begin shortly after.
Please note, since this is finals season for me, I may be a bit delayed in starting the day.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2048 (isolation #48) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Nahdia »

Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2049 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Nahdia »

Keep up the good work, each and every one of you.
Well, except for you, dearest Allison. You may rest.

Fire Assassin has been killed during Night 3. They were Allison Stryker, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic.
Spoiler: Fire Assassin's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2050 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Nahdia »

Interestingly, the most revered figure from the Garrick family is not the original evoker among them blessed by Xova as it is with most other families. Instead, the most celebrated Garrick is Eramus Garrick, who is credited with creating the world's first court of law.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 4.00

Not Voting (8):
BATORU, drealmerz7, pisskop, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, Aj The Epic, BTD6_Maker

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-12-26 12:05:00).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2110 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Nahdia »

For millennia after the dawn of cities and civilizations, the Tempest family remained as a primarily nomadic group. Even today, family tradition dictates young adults of the Tempest family spend significant time traveling the world. The journeys of young Tempests frequently many months if not years.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 4.01

drealmerz7 (2):
BTD6_Maker, pisskop
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7

Not Voting (5):
BATORU, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Prism, Aj The Epic

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2127 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Nahdia »

pisskop and Sickofit1138 has been prodded.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2145 (isolation #53) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Nahdia »

Sickofit1138 wrote:
@Mod, I think I'll need to replace out
, in overloaded with work and family things so I can't keep up right now.
Seeking replacement for Sickofit1138.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2146 (isolation #54) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Nahdia »

havingfitz replaces Sickofit1138.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2152 (isolation #55) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Nahdia »

Scattered among the branches of the Cappit Family tree are many of the world's most renowned musicians, some whom pioneered methods of playing only achievable through the use of magic.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 4.02

drealmerz7 (3):
BTD6_Maker, pisskop, Prism
BTD6_Maker (1):
drealmerz7

Not Voting (4):
BATORU, Sickofit1138, Not Chara, Aj The Epic

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2200 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Nahdia »

The Bladesh family make up the famous Bladesh Dynasty, which has ruled the large nation of Cava for the last thousand or so years. Crown princes and princesses are frequently those who represent their family during the Xova's trails.
-Excerpt from
The Fifteen Families
by Frederick Kendall
Votecount 4.03

drealmerz7 (3):
BTD6_Maker, pisskop, BATORU
BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, Prism
pisskop (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (2):
havingfitz, Aj The Epic

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2335 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2330, pisskop wrote:
@mod:. if a spell on a tracked/watched target failed, would a positive result still be sent?
I don't understand the question.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2343 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2336, Not Chara wrote:
assuming everyone is a VT with no additional abilities, say i'm watching pisskop at night, with the flipped watcher spell. and someone attempted to cop pisskop, but the cop was roleblocked. would i see that the attempted cop had targeted pisskop?
No.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2400 (isolation #59) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 4.04

drealmerz7 (3):
BTD6_Maker, BATORU, pisskop
BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, Prism
pisskop (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (2):
havingfitz, Aj The Epic

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2454 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 4.05

drealmerz7 (3):
BTD6_Maker, BATORU, pisskop
BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, havingfitz
pisskop (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (2):
Aj The Epic, Prism

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2475 (isolation #61) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 4.06

drealmerz7 (4):
BTD6_Maker, BATORU, pisskop, Aj The Epic
BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, havingfitz
pisskop (1):
Not Chara

Not Voting (1):
Prism

Deadline:

I recognize that the pace of the game has slowed so I'm going to be somewhat more lenient about "official" prods. I have notified BATORU & Not Chara that it's been awhile since they posted.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2523 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2522, BATORU wrote:So we're forcing the no lynch?

@Nahdia can we get 24 hours extension to compensate for Christmas Day?
Unfortunately not.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2527 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 4.07

drealmerz7 (6):
BTD6_Maker, BATORU, pisskop, Prism, Aj The Epic, Not Chara

BTD6_Maker (2):
drealmerz7, havingfitz

Not Voting (0):

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2528 (isolation #64) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

How fortunate for you all to be here in my temple, most holy of places, on this day.
Merriment & reverence indeed.

drealmerz7 has been lynched. He was Ash Cappit, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic. They had the following special ability:

Sun-Touched
Your spells must all be used during the day phase. You may use spells at any time during the day, but if you have unused spells when the day ends they will be immediately used randomly. If an ability you possess has unique functions during the day you will be informed of them.
Spoiler: drealmerz7's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -
Traveler's Blessing -
A wandering blessing which grants resilience to a wizard until it moves on. As long as this spell is in your spellbook, you will be loved and take one extra vote to be lynched. This modifier will not function in LYLO. You must target a player to pass this blessing on at the first opportunity.

It is now Night 4.
Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2016-12-28 00:28:49). Day 5 will begin shortly after.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2529 (isolation #65) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Nahdia »

The day is now a little darker, it would seem.

Not Chara has been killed during Night 4. It was Juliet Felix, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic. It had the following special ability:
Sun-Touched
Your spells must all be used during the day phase. You may use spells at any time during the day, but if you have unused spells when the day ends they will be immediately used randomly. If an ability you possess has unique functions during the day you will be informed of them.
Spoiler: Not Chara's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2530 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 5.00

Not Voting (6):
BATORU, pisskop, havingfitz, Prism, Aj The Epic, BTD6_Maker

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-01-11 00:40:18).
Last edited by Nahdia on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2545 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

Now seeking replacement for BATORU.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2547 (isolation #68) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Nahdia »

-Grey- replaces BATORU.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2572 (isolation #69) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 5.01

No Lynch (2):
-Grey-, havingfitz

Not Voting (4):
pisskop, Prism, Aj The Epic, BTD6_Maker

Deadline:
Last edited by Nahdia on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2593 (isolation #70) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2592, havingfitz wrote:Mod...is there a limit to the number of consecutive No Lynch and No Kills you would allow? And if there is...how would you resolve the matter?
Two full day/night cycles with no kill or lynch will result in a draw.

Prodding pisskop.
BTD6_maker is V/LA until the 5th.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2595 (isolation #71) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 5.02

No Lynch (1):
havingfitz

Not Voting (5):
pisskop, Prism, Aj The Epic, BTD6_Maker. -Grey-

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2610 (isolation #72) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 5.03

BTD6_maker (4):
Aj The Epic, havingfitz, pisskop, -Grey-

Not Voting (2):
Prism, BTD6_Maker

Deadline:

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2611 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Nahdia »

One too many mistakes. What poor judgement.
You are not champions, but sacrifices. How pitiful.

BTD6_maker has been lynched. He was Tobias Willow, who was
uncorrupted
by dark magic.
Spoiler: BTD6_Maker's Spellbook
Spellbook
Vote -
Link Minds -
Create a telepathic link with your target, allowing you to speak privately. This spell creates a private topic for you and your target for the next two phases.
Arcane Theft -
Day use, non-compulsive. Saps the arcane energies around a wizard, transferring them to the caster. This spell removes all spells, with the exception of dark magic and vote spells, from your target's spellbook and adds them to your own. This spell resolves at the
end
of the day phase; you may change your target intermittently during the day. You may only use this spell if you have no other abilities in your spellbook which would be eligible for theft.

A win condition has been achieved. Stand by.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2612 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Still outnumbered, but far from outmatched, the corrupted evokers strike down the remainder of those who are pure before them, who no longer have the might to fight back. With their death, Xova speaks to those who remain.

But what was said remains a mystery. For as with all other trials, the events of this one would go untold forevermore. Whether Xova cursed those remaining corrupted evokers, or blessed them, they departed the temple as only two. It was the bloodiest trial to ever occur. And no one would ever know on whose hands was the blood of their sons & daughters.

Prism, Aj The Epic, and havingfitz have been endgamed.

The
corrupted evokers
pisskop, -Grey-, and Dunnstral are victorious.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2613 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Nahdia »

MOD THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=68875 (Contains all game information including roles & links to other game-related threads which I am now making public.)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2634 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Thanks everyone very very much for playing. I'm glad to hear people enjoyed it, I put a ton of work into this setup (though I did get lazy near the end & when finals were taking place for me with flavor & such, as can be seen with the bare voting logs). Big thanks especially to everyone who replaced in.

If I were to run another game based around the same "moving powers" mechanic, there's a lot I would do differently. I discussed this a bit in both my mod thread and the dead thread, but in essence I think a lot of the problem with the setup is there was just too little known about what was going on. I think more information was needed; there was just too much that could only be left up to speculation.

Also, just pointing out; town actually did know the Doc spell fizzled if they payed closer attention. Dunnstral got the doc spell night 1, and presumably would have been forced to use it Night 2. Night 2, Aj's slot had claimed to be roleblocking Dunnstral, so the doc spell would have fizzled then even if it hadn't fizzled on the rolestopper ability which was used night 1 on dunnstral.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2641 (isolation #77) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Nahdia »

BTD6 getting the friendly neighbor spell redirected to Dunnstral was huge. I almost felt bad; BTD neighoborized Prism the next night assuming he'd effectively created a masonry, but Prism hadn't gotten any confirmation of BTD's alignment. Tragic.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2649 (isolation #78) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2642, Dunnstral wrote:I liked the part where the watcher spell caught me
I honestly thought the way you were fishing for who caught you before you claimed it would be noticed, but I guess it's one of those things that's way more obvious from an overhead perspective. Well played.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2651 (isolation #79) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Nahdia »

My favorite part of the game:
In post 2535, Prism wrote:Your scum PT is about to become Sodom and Gomorrah, I will rain such hellfire down upon it that it will forever become uninhabitable and this game will become your greatest shame. Mark your calendars,
replace out if you can
, post as much as you can while you can, because you have no idea what unspeakable strength of force you have just brought down to bear upon yourself.
In post 2539, BATORU wrote:
@Mod sorry could we please be replaced?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2657 (isolation #80) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I realize BATORU wasn't exactly replacing out due to fear but I thought the timing was just pretty hilarious.

And yeah, Not Chara and BATORU trading Arcane Theft was kind of silly. The best part though was due to Not Chara being a day wizard, Arcane Theft had a special function for it which I gave them at the beginning of the game. Later in the game when the spell trade happened I was like "Do you want me to give you the message about the special mechanics of Arcane Theft again? :p" and NC's response was something along the lines of "The only way this could get funnier is if BATORU is scum."

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2664 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2661, JaeReed wrote:I realized that.

pisskop and Gamma both had alert spells
dunnstral was hated with fire as loved
batoru and nc had arcane theft

If NC lived or told anyone what it learned from that trade off....lol
Except b oth day wizards were town. So no, I'm not that easy to guess.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2665 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2663, Prism wrote:Nahdia, can you link the dead thread?
It's all in the mod thread but alright, here:
Threads
:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69209 Public Game Thread
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69216 Mega Frozen Hydra PT (still private)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69211 Scum PT
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69361 Dead/Spec PT
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69480 Mind Link 1 (Sickofit1138 & pisskop)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69570 Mind Link 2 (pisskop & BTD6_Maker)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69616 Mind Link 3 & 4 (BTD6_Maker & Prism)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2667 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Yeah, but still, that's just setup spec and not exactly reliable, since at least one pair was both town (dreal & NC).
It's kind of insulting actually that you'd presume I'd be so easy to guess as a mod. Just because there is a visible pattern at the end doesn't mean I'll always follow patterns. Sometimes I will, sometimes I won't.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2673 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Nahdia »

So some fun facts about the development of this setup:

The very first draft of this setup was flavored completely different. It was a much goofier, silly theme featuring various "Wizards" with everyone from Gandalf & Dumbledore to The Washington Wizards & Wiz Khalifa. I'm happy with the direction I went with it but I still think that woulda been funny.
Also in the very first draft, literally EVERY slot had some kind of modifier. I ended up deciding (with some help) that most of it was just useless noise and the gimmick wasn't really worth making the setup so crazy and confused. My favorite of those modifiers though was Wiz Khalifa's "loud" modifier which included with all spells he sent to other players a message reading "YEAH, UH HUH, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS."

The "call" spell got messed with a lot. I wanted something that confirmed alignments in the game, since I felt there needed to be some way for someone to come be cleared and lead the town in such a wonky setup. Variations of the final product included...
...being 3-shot instead of 2-shot, but able to be blocked.
...a cop spell called "Judgement" instead of the psuedo-friendly neighbor spell.
...A spell that you could either pass along that did nothing, or that you could consume and make
yourself publicly confirmed town
your alignment be publicly stated by the mod (basically a 1-shot pseudo-IC that you could give to someone else if you didn't want to use it yourself)

Dunnstral's "Invade" ability was a last minute addition because at the very last moment, I decided what was in its place was dumb and bad (and I am glad I made that decision). Initially, Dunnstral was going to be voteless (his vote would show up but I would know its weight was nothing) and there was also going to be another vote in the game referred to as a "Shade" or something to that effect which actually did have weight which Dunnstral could control privately. Cool, yes, but also kind of gimmicky. Also in that variation of the setup, day wizards using scry would have been able to find out Dunnstral's vote was weightless.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2679 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Nahdia »

beeboy mvp tbh.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”