Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 874, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 232, Revan wrote:My analysis can be simple because a lot of the people in this game are easy to read, except Titus and GuiltyLion.
This post was why I thought scum!Revan's partner would be either Titus or GL. Still think that's likely. Post could easily be a bus.

Sparkles, why aren't you voting? Who would you like to see lynched today?
Revan is the scummiest one still alive, but I don't want the scumteam quicklynching him in MYLO in case I'm wrong about him.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

If Revan flips red today who do you think his partner is?
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:49 am

Post by tojam2 »

In post 867, GuiltyLion wrote:tojam, I really don't see the case for scum!EL. Why do you think she's scum?
She tried tunneling me when I was conftown.
In post 868, Sobolev Space wrote:@tojam - why the townread on AS?

@GL - I see what you're saying about Revan but given Titus's flip I'm having trouble seeing Revan being partnered with anyone left. I guess most likely would probably be AS. I also agree with you about the EL case - it seemed pretty weak to me.
Sparkles hasn't done anything to attract my attention, and looking at my average read, he's townier.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 868, Sobolev Space wrote:@GL - I see what you're saying about Revan but given Titus's flip I'm having trouble seeing Revan being partnered with anyone left. I guess most likely would probably be AS. I also agree with you about the EL case - it seemed pretty weak to me.
In post 874, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 232, Revan wrote:My analysis can be simple because a lot of the people in this game are easy to read, except Titus and GuiltyLion.
This post was why I thought scum!Revan's partner would be either Titus or GL. Still think that's likely. Post could easily be a bus.
I am having a hard time squaring the difference in how you are talking to/about me between these two posts. Your vote says that you think I'm scum, but the first post is talking to me as if my intentions are honest. What exactly is your read on me, and why?

Your posts after my match the way I would expect scum!SS partnered with Revan to play. Giving yourself room to move over to him if necessary today while setting up to mislynch me tomorrow, or get the win by lynching me today instead.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 877, tojam2 wrote:She tried tunneling me when I was conftown.
EL - you should respond to this
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@GL - the reason my vote is on you now is because I don't want to put Revan to 2 votes, I would still vastly prefer lynching him today. I think you are probably slightly scummier than Sparkles for now.

My tone does change from those two posts because I went back through the thread and reminded myself that my initial impression of a you/Revan scumteam still was valid.

@EL - why no content today? I understand you said that stuff has come up that will make it harder to post, but if you can't contribute at least once every two days you should probably replace out.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

@EL - why no content today? I understand you said that stuff has come up that will make it harder to post, but if you can't contribute at least once every two days you should probably replace out.[/quote]
In post 876, Sobolev Space wrote:If Revan flips red today who do you think his partner is?
I'm still leaning toward EL/Revan because they're at the bottom of my reads list and no one is really jumping out as a partner for him.

One thing from yesterday that I forgot to address:
In post 793, Revan wrote:No, her other posts are irrelevant. Why do you ask?
They're absolutely relevant. The posts in between show that she has clear evidence to back up her reads, and that she's still actively scumhunting and her reads are evolving despite an overconfident entry. It's not any worse than your day 3 post claiming that scum is in me/EL/GL.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Ignore the first paragraph, I quoted the wrong post at first and then didn't preview before I sent
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Prodding EL
Did not realize he hadn't posted today, whoops

Also prodding Revan
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Lemon, what do you think of my ?
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Revan »

AS how are her posts relevant to my claim? You're spewing incoherent shit right now.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I'm going to start reading what I missed in a bit. Sorry about the absence. I'll have a post out soon.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 885, Revan wrote:AS how are her posts relevant to my claim? You're spewing incoherent shit right now.
Look at your post attacking her entrance:
In post 780, Revan wrote:Sobolev comes crashing in claiming that he's solved the game, and no one bats an eye?

This is unacceptable.

Please, Sobolev, enlighten us. I would love to know how you came to these conclusions, so maybe I will reach your level of play some day.

I'm pretty much caught up, this game is pretty dead. I will make a reads list this weekend.
The bolded part is the most important. She had already been engaging in discussion about why her scumreads were her scumreads, and here you're asking for an explanation as if you just skipped over it. Even your first two lines are attacking her early posts in a way that suggests you didn't even try to digest her cases, just focused on a single post and ran with it.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

And you're really the last person that should be accusing people based on incoherence, Revan. You still haven't given any sort of defense for your inconsistencies regarding Lemon on day 1, besides dismissing them as "not alignment indicative" after multiple dodges.
In post 394, Revan wrote:@bowdown I was townreading EL on page 2. Why do you believe that that read is still current? It looks like you're stretching now.
In post 403, Revan wrote:I only have a slight TR on EL, so I don't mind.
In post 409, Revan wrote:I was voting my scumread. You're really grasping for straws here.
In post 413, Revan wrote:I believe EL will flip 60% green 40% red.

I scumread both of you.
How are self-contradictions like this not alignment indicative?
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

Sorry guys, my team made states so my days off from practice aren't days off anymore.

Spoiler: Tojam
tojam seems to be pushing me because I pushed him when he was "conftown". First off, he wasn't confirmed, just highly likely. I don't think it's wrong to have doubts about your claim. I've outlined why in these posts:
In post 133, EccentricLemon wrote: Same thing with tojam:
In post 132, tojam2 wrote:
I know its not for me but I'd like to not solely focus on Nancy and bowdown.

1. I've not noticed anything as standout town or scum, nulltown.

2. Can't say I've cared much about your posts.
Says he wants to focus on someone other than nancy and bowdown while also saying that he has no opinion on the two other players he says he is discussing. This entire post doesn't provide any new information and gives off the same vibe as Titus' posts--that he's just going through the motions.

Taking into account that last post and bowdown's commentary,my vote is for tojam.
VOTE: tojam2
I follow up on this in #170.
In post 370, EccentricLemon wrote:
Let me explain what I didn't like about tojam's claim. He claimed one-shot town without much provocation. If he isn't scum, now scum knows to avoid him because he won't die the first time they attack him. Plus, now they have more clues about what other townies are in the game. It doesn't make sense to reveal this early in the game, much less give the scum that much information, which is why I didn't think it was genuine.
Now that I think about it, no one else has been trying to run him up, which makes me think no one else is the one shot town, so I'll unvote for now.
But I'd still like to point out that according to Cakez' matrix, there isn't necessarily a bulletproof town in the game at all.

UNVOTE: tojam2
I admit you're more or less conftown now, but I'd also like to bring up the tangentially related point that the scum conveniently decided to attack tojam, who they had to have known was one shot town. Scum knows I was the most suspicious of tojam, so I'm making the assumption that they are hoping you all lynch me so that they can get away with a 2-1 win. Personally, I think this was a mistake on their part because it gives another day for town to regroup.
I mean, there's also the chance that both scum are complete noobs and just don't know what they're doing. I find this unlikely, however, because of how quickly they killed the JK.
This is just speculation, of course, but I'm finding a difficult time finding a justification for scum not

I also have a general question: does scum HAVE to kill at night? Can they choose not to?

Spoiler: Response to 727
I've touched on what AgentSparkles said in #370#387. I definitely do agree that Revan seems lost and falling short in his attempts to seem town. I don't see his scumhunts as genuine. He jumped on the bandwagon AGAIN after it was made pretty clear that last time he did that, he was labeled as suspicious. Not to mention this exchange:
In post 810, Revan wrote:VOTE: EL

I think this has a higher chance of being scum than Titus
In post 811, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 679, Revan wrote:You've made one post about EL's phrasing. I don't think you realize the reason you can't convince people to join you on EL is because you're not making a case.
What's changed between now and then?
In post 814, Revan wrote:I agreed with Titus's case.
???????? This is just a blatant contradiction. Between ~679 and when he votes me, Revan asks Titus multiple times to provide evidence and then states that the evidence she's providing isn't enough. (See #664#679#682#695) This is definitely something worth looking into.

Spoiler: Titus
Titus did flip town, but I still stand by my opinion that she was acting pretty scummy. I definitely regret not focusing on analysis of other players since I was so certain she was scum. I've outlined multiple times what I think was scummy about her, so I'm not going to put in the effort of building a quote wall.

I'd also like to put it out there that I'm having a hard time reading GL and AS because GL's playing style (or at least thinking style, I'm not good with words) is very similar to mine and AS' playing style seems to be very different. SS seems to be much less verbose than I'd prefer. Lots of her posts are questions, however, which I associate with genuine scumhunting.
That said, I'm not going to vote until later because I don't want an early lynch.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

I never finished that thought under "tojam". That sentence is supposed to read: "This is just speculation, of course, but I'm finding a difficult time finding a justification for scum not going for a vanilla townie."
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Revan »

I didn't attack her entrance? What are you talking about? I just wanted her to explain her reads.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

The way you worded it was definitely confrontational.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Sparkles is looking pretty darn towny today.

@EL - tojam's case on you is also built on his claim that you misrepped him in post . I don't necessarily think it's a good argument, but his case is built on more than just your suspicion of him.

If you look through my past games I was a lot more verbose there. I realized that scum are better found through applying pressure than mountains of passive analysis so I switched my style for this game.

@Revan - why the town read on me?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 3.2

EccentricLemon (1) - tojam2
Revan (1) - GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion (1) - Sobolev Space

Not voting (3) - EccentricLemon, Agent Sparkles, Revan

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2017-02-17 17:22:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 891, Revan wrote:I didn't attack her entrance? What are you talking about? I just wanted her to explain her reads.
Attacking may be too strong of a word, but as Lemon stated, there was definitely a confrontational element in your post.
In post 893, Sobolev Space wrote:@Revan - why the town read on me?
When did he say he townread you?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Sparkles -
In post 856, Revan wrote:Scum is in {GL, EL, AS}
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:45 am

Post by tojam2 »

Prodge, I acknowledge your point EL but I'm still technically not conftown.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:37 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

That's why I said "more or less conftown".
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 889, EccentricLemon wrote:
Spoiler: Tojam
tojam seems to be pushing me because I pushed him when he was "conftown". First off, he wasn't confirmed, just highly likely. I don't think it's wrong to have doubts about your claim. I've outlined why in these posts:
In post 133, EccentricLemon wrote: Same thing with tojam:
In post 132, tojam2 wrote:
I know its not for me but I'd like to not solely focus on Nancy and bowdown.

1. I've not noticed anything as standout town or scum, nulltown.

2. Can't say I've cared much about your posts.
Says he wants to focus on someone other than nancy and bowdown while also saying that he has no opinion on the two other players he says he is discussing. This entire post doesn't provide any new information and gives off the same vibe as Titus' posts--that he's just going through the motions.

Taking into account that last post and bowdown's commentary,my vote is for tojam.
VOTE: tojam2
I follow up on this in #170.
In post 370, EccentricLemon wrote:
Let me explain what I didn't like about tojam's claim. He claimed one-shot town without much provocation. If he isn't scum, now scum knows to avoid him because he won't die the first time they attack him. Plus, now they have more clues about what other townies are in the game. It doesn't make sense to reveal this early in the game, much less give the scum that much information, which is why I didn't think it was genuine.
Now that I think about it, no one else has been trying to run him up, which makes me think no one else is the one shot town, so I'll unvote for now.
But I'd still like to point out that according to Cakez' matrix, there isn't necessarily a bulletproof town in the game at all.

UNVOTE: tojam2
I admit you're more or less conftown now, but I'd also like to bring up the tangentially related point that the scum conveniently decided to attack tojam, who they had to have known was one shot town. Scum knows I was the most suspicious of tojam, so I'm making the assumption that they are hoping you all lynch me so that they can get away with a 2-1 win. Personally, I think this was a mistake on their part because it gives another day for town to regroup.
I mean, there's also the chance that both scum are complete noobs and just don't know what they're doing. I find this unlikely, however, because of how quickly they killed the JK.
This is just speculation, of course, but I'm finding a difficult time finding a justification for scum not

I also have a general question: does scum HAVE to kill at night? Can they choose not to?
I don't think there's a big problem with you doubting his claim initially. The part that pings me (and I think tojam too) is how you only seemed to be focused on why he was scummy even despite him being "highly likely" town. Even on day 2 when weeks had passed since his claim, you expressed a major scumread on him. It seemed more like a forced attempt to continue a read than anything.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”