Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Prodding GL
As the game has been going on for a while I will give him 12 hours to pick up his prod despite it being his third prod as getting a replacement now would be troublesome.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Sparkles - could you get on board with a GL lynch today?

I'm concerned with everyone's willingness to lynch Revan. Bussing doesn't make sense with tojam stuck on EL since you can't lynch with just 3 votes.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 900, SirCakez wrote:
Prodding GL
As the game has been going on for a while I will give him 12 hours to pick up his prod despite it being his third prod as getting a replacement now would be troublesome.
Sorry, I didn't realize I was so close to being prodded already! I appreciate this
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 889, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 810, Revan wrote:VOTE: EL

I think this has a higher chance of being scum than Titus
In post 811, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 679, Revan wrote:You've made one post about EL's phrasing. I don't think you realize the reason you can't convince people to join you on EL is because you're not making a case.
What's changed between now and then?
In post 814, Revan wrote:I agreed with Titus's case.
???????? This is just a blatant contradiction. Between ~679 and when he votes me, Revan asks Titus multiple times to provide evidence and then states that the evidence she's providing isn't enough. (See #664#679#682#695) This is definitely something worth looking into.
This is a really good catch, another reason why Revan is absolutely the right lynch today
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also note that Revan isn't really adding any reads or opinions, just halfheartedly nitpicking at arguments against him. That's textbook scumplay for when you're about to be lynched, clam up and don't give away any last posts that could incriminate your partner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 901, Sobolev Space wrote:I'm concerned with everyone's willingness to lynch Revan.
I don't actually see any willingness to lynch Revan from you at all
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 880, Sobolev Space wrote:@GL - the reason my vote is on you now is because I don't want to put Revan to 2 votes, I would still vastly prefer lynching him today.
like this really isn't consistent with a townie frame of mind. If I'm partners with Revan and my vote is already on him then a quickhammer at L-2 is flatly impossible

if you really thought Revan was the correct lynch you wouldn't be worried about a quickhammer
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 905, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't actually see any willingness to lynch Revan from you at all
In post 880, Sobolev Space wrote:@GL - the reason my vote is on you now is because I don't want to put Revan to 2 votes, I would still vastly prefer lynching him today.
In post 827, Sobolev Space wrote:If Titus is somehow town I think scumteam is GL/Revan.
In post 874, Sobolev Space wrote:This post was why I thought scum!Revan's partner would be either Titus or GL. Still think that's likely.
In post 906, GuiltyLion wrote:like this really isn't consistent with a townie frame of mind. If I'm partners with Revan and my vote is already on him then a quickhammer at L-2 is flatly impossible

if you really thought Revan was the correct lynch you wouldn't be worried about a quickhammer
Just because I have suspicions about who is scum doesn't mean I can't be wrong. I'd prefer to put off taking any necessary risks until we've had as much discussion as possible. Sparkles makes a similar argument in post

My vote stands.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 904, GuiltyLion wrote:also note that Revan isn't really adding any reads or opinions, just halfheartedly nitpicking at arguments against him. That's textbook scumplay for when you're about to be lynched, clam up and don't give away any last posts that could incriminate your partner
This is a good point, however, and something I hadn't thought about.

My reads are all over the place today. Ugh.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Revan »

I'm about to be lynched? What? You're the one that's eating rope today.

Show me where I don't share my reads, I'm pretty sure I did a couple posts back.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 856, Revan wrote:Scum is in {GL, EL, AS}
yes, this post tells us so much about who you want to lynch today and why you think they're scum :roll:
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:00 am

Post by tojam2 »

So EL or Revan, or both? I'm indifferent.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:22 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

Yeah Revan, you haven't provided evidence other than assurances yet. I don't want to lynch you just yet because we still have a lot of time, but I'd appreciate it if you gave some justification to your scumreads.

Sobolev, if you don't want a lynch right now, why are you voting? Having your vote on someone means there's only two votes left to a hammer.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

I think Revan is still probably the best lynch today. I've just been worried recently about being misled by a very clever scumteam. Will do some rereading over the weekend to hopefully allay my fears.

@EL - With 6 alive it's 4 votes to lynch, not 3. My vote now is for pressure and to express secondary scumreads.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 901, Sobolev Space wrote:@Sparkles - could you get on board with a GL lynch today?

I'm concerned with everyone's willingness to lynch Revan. Bussing doesn't make sense with tojam stuck on EL since you can't lynch with just 3 votes.
That's a decent point, I'll have to think about this. Although if I switched to anyone, it would probably be Lemon, considering you and GL are in my townpool along with tojam.
In post 905, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 901, Sobolev Space wrote:I'm concerned with everyone's willingness to lynch Revan.
I don't actually see any willingness to lynch Revan from you at all
In post 906, GuiltyLion wrote:
like this really isn't consistent with a townie frame of mind. If I'm partners with Revan and my vote is already on him then a quickhammer at L-2 is flatly impossible

Strongly disagree with these. She's been pretty consistent ever since Titus flipped town about wanting Revan hung the most. And at this stage of the game, anyone who puts their scumread in quickhammer range without being 100% sure of their guilt is either reckless or scum.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Looking back on it, Sobolev, all living non-clears had already expressed a scumread on Revan prior to d3. Considering he's done practically nothing to change people's minds, I don't think it's impossible that his partner is continuing to tunnel him for the sake of consistency. Especially when optimistic scenario for Revan at this point is probably a 3v3 vote with Lemon.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Sobolev is either town or partnered with Revan. If she was partnered with GL or EL, it would make zero sense for her to suggest a flip away from Revan when she did, since it would basically be throwing away an easy win. Also, and could be attempts at a save.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:08 am

Post by tojam2 »

VOTE: Revan Tomorrow is a no lynch regardless of the outcome.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 914, Agent Sparkles wrote:Strongly disagree with these. She's been pretty consistent ever since Titus flipped town about wanting Revan hung the most. And at this stage of the game, anyone who puts their scumread in quickhammer range without being 100% sure of their guilt is either reckless or scum.
Words are not actions - my point is that Sobolev says she wants a Revan lynch, but has voted elsewhere multiple times now and openly advocated for lynching me instead.

And I don't understand your last sentence - short of a night action result, how can you ever be 100% sure of someone's guilt?
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

I think Sobolev is justified in scumreading Revan but not voting him yet. I'm not saying that's a towntell, but I think it makes sense the way she puts it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 3.3

Revan (2) - GuiltyLion, tojam2
GuiltyLion (1) - Sobolev Space

Not voting (3) - EccentricLemon, Agent Sparkles, Revan

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2017-02-17 17:22:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by tojam2 »

@Cakez: rip, that's not me this year.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:53 am

Post by Revan »

Isn't this MYLO? Doesn't lynching me lose the game?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Have been doing some rereading. I was most worried about a Sparkles/GL scumteam but looking back that seems unlikely. Still have d2 to reread though.

Recent posts make me think that GL (or maybe Sparkles, but this is less likely) is trying to set me up for a mislynch in lylo after bussing their partner Revan.

Wanted to mention this earlier:
@EL - yes scum can decide to no-kill. Hopefully we'll lynch a rb-er today which will confirm tojam as town. If he doesn't die tonight though I'll definitely be more suspicious.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 918, GuiltyLion wrote:Words are not actions - my point is that Sobolev says she wants a Revan lynch, but has voted elsewhere multiple times now and openly advocated for lynching me instead.
I considered this, hence the change in attitude from to, although most of her votes were described as pursuing lesser priorities while not wanting to put Revan at L-2 yet and still wanting him gone today. The cycle of faltering/uncertainty on him was enough to make me think a partnership was possible, but not enough for me to think your was justified.
In post 922, Revan wrote:Isn't this MYLO? Doesn't lynching me lose the game?
It is MYLO, but waiting until tomorrow won't increase our odds, since tojam is a dead man walking and we know he isn't a viable lynch target for today.

I think tojam's early vote was a mistake, but the fact that there hasn't been a quickhammer yet makes me more inclined to think that at least one of Revan/GL is scum. Which is all good for today, but it further complicates the matter of deciding on a partner if and after he flips red.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”