Newbie 1777: Wedding In Vegas! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 am

Post by -Grey- »

Top!
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:27 am

Post by -Grey- »

FireScreamer, you should read sometime.

Just for shiggles.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 am

Post by MMM »

In post 321, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 316, MMM wrote:
In post 311, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 304, MMM wrote:
In post 298, FireScreamer wrote:MMM - His early vote on me without showing his working set me off. He eventually explained it using somebody elses working.
If you do not know what RVS is, I suggest you look it up now.
Excuse me? Your post was not RVS. Your vote on me was "I have a problem with your questions". Not only did you put substantive reasoning for your vote making it not RVS but we then discussed that post and at no point did you attempt to call it RVS. You defended the substantive reasoning using JenLaw's reasoning. The putting shade on me with nothing to defend myself with was a small but clear scummy thing to do. Now misrepresenting that it was never substantial to begin with rings very wrong to me.
Well I'll put it like this - if it wasn't RVS I'd have reasoning longer than 5 words. Right now I don't SR you but I'm wary of you being so defensive over that lynch and reading into it so much. In my mind RVS ended when Srceenplay voted LadyeAeaea.
In post 304, MMM wrote: You find this sketchy.... because?
You reversed your position based on support for the position, not arguments made for or against the position.
That's not evident in the quotes you showed at all.
In post 304, MMM wrote: Same as above.
Now you are looking to build support on a scumpair you didn't agree with like 5 posts ago and have recieved no arguments for other than it has support
....lol
If you had said your post was RVS the first time you discussed this its a different matter. But we already discussed this and you defended your vote using the reasoning of JenLaw. If it was actually random you have no incentive to say otherwise the first time it came up.

Your position on the first post is that X is a longshot

Screenplay says X has support from another player.

You now say you also support X.

Do you honestly see why this isnt scummy?
Post 32 is the only one where I voted you or talked about it until our discussion of ISOs.
Post 71 is
not
actual support in favor of the scumteam and Post 73 is looking for genuine and different opinions on the matter that aren't replicated or sheeping someone else.
How badly could I possibly be misinterpreted. Jeez.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:32 am

Post by MMM »

In post 318, -Grey- wrote:
In post 317, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 314, -Grey- wrote:
In post 313, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 305, -Grey- wrote:Fire pinging with the fake scumhunting.
Fake scumhunting how? How does it differentiate from real scumhunting? I was away most of yesterday and want to come in and give my thoughts on everyone in the game. My reasoning being as a town player I have the utmost incentive to put what I think down as clearly as possible to get feedback on it. If I were scum this cements me in place and I can't be nearly as opportunistic as i've commited to how I feel about someone and can't radically change that without showing my working
Post shows that your analysis is superficial and your intent to gamesolve is a farce.

Put on your detective hat and figure out why, and I just might be swayed into writing it off.
I honestly don't understand. Epid has like 7 posts. Like 4 of them substantive and those are regarding the Screenwagon wherein everyone at that point, town or scum, would have assessed screenplay as scum or trolly. I really don't feel like there is much to say on that ISO.

Oh. I think I might have said too much, not too little? Is that it? I pulled out some things that were more of a distraction than anything to talk about I guess. I just didn't want to post nothing at all for the guy.
BZZZZZT!

I'm sorry, but that is not the correct answer.

Details will be provided in twilight, so don't you worry.
Interesting.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 326, -Grey- wrote:FireScreamer, you should read sometime.

Just for shiggles.
OH LOL. I assumed you were Meduna's replacement. Hence why I did you second (She is second on the player list on page 1), Epid is still there in bold as 3. UpTooLate hasnt editied it yet I guess.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:38 am

Post by -Grey- »

Updated reads:

{Drixx, srceenplay}
{SensFan, MMM}
{LadyeAeaea}
{Ingeel, FireScreamer}
{JenLew}

Once I turn one of those leans into a full on scumread, I'll be a happy camper.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:41 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 115, MMM wrote:I still want Firescreamer to explain his choice of questions though.
Here is you asking again for me to explain the thing that you "randomly" voted me for.
In post 138, MMM wrote:
In post 133, FireScreamer wrote:Hiya guys. Very busy day yesterday. I'll be around for circa 12 hours from this post today though on and off.
In post 32, MMM wrote:UNVOTE: Srceenplay and
VOTE: FireScreamer because your questions are bad
Why? You just put suspicion on me, made it so everyone else now has to reevaluate what I said with the cloud of your suspicion over it, while at the same time gave me nothing to actually argue against or defend. Its free suspicion on someone who isn't you. What was wrong with the questions? What would you have asked? This is essentially foreshadowing what screenplay will do later on a much bigger scale. If we didn't have larger trollier fish to fry this would be where my vote goes.
Jen saw the same thing as me where you were fishing for player's possible actions. I would have preferred questions that would force people to take stances on possible situations later in the game e.g. "What is your opinion on policy lynches?"
Here is where you say another player saw the same thing as you. Meaning that you saw something and voted because of it. This is the post were you directly address my question and if it was random at that time you would have said it was random.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 am

Post by -Grey- »

Spoiler:
In post 188, UpTooLate wrote:
Ingeel replaces Meduna immediately. Please welcome them!

Vc when I get home!
In post 189, Ingeel wrote:Catching up to what the thread is looking like currently.
In post 191, Ingeel wrote:
In post 30, FireScreamer wrote:Hiya folks. This is likely going to be my only post today but i'll make up for it tomorrow. Just super busy today. A couple of questions since we are all coming from different places

1. How much experience have you had with mafia before this game? Is this just your first game on this site or your first game?
2. Do you feel you have specific playstyle ticks that we should be aware of before hand? Obviously if you are super new this shouldn't apply
3. What are you hoping to get out of this game?

Oh and lets get our RVS on

VOTE: SensFan because the IC is always right. #AppealtoAuthority
1)I've played on a separate forum for a bit over a year now. What forum that is wish not disclose because I'd rather not get constant reminders from people on that forum games here are up.
2)I don't like making long posts. You could say I like getting to the point.
3)See whether or not I like this site because I've been looking for a second site.
In post 34, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: no lynch
First day is always mislynch. Mafia would love that. Let's get to night so out invests can do there jobs.
Is this your first game? Sorry if I missed this.
In post 41, JenLew wrote:In my mind a NL vote is exactly the same as not voting at all.

It's never ok to lose a member on your side but a lynch will give us more info than doing nothing. You also have no guarantees that scum will make a night kill. They could also just not do anything to wait and see what happens
I agree with this.
In post 48, Srceenplay wrote:Fine then. I think you have better understanding than me MMM.

The obvious scum is

VOTE: LadyeAeaea
I was going to let the cop investigate it first but it's obvious enough to just vote her and get her gone.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMiYklHvjk[/youtube]
If I recall correctly they hadn't or if they had posted only once or twice. The push that went off it I can see but the subsequent votes came on too fast for what is likely an egotistical maniac.(at this time)
In post 56, JenLew wrote:VOTE: Screenplay

Something's just off about your reasoning.
:ok_hand:
In post 65, Drixx wrote:
In post 59, Srceenplay wrote:I found one scum for us. Vote her up.
:Mic Drop:
I'm out.
And then the sudden reversal to this.

So the way I see it, one of two things is going on here.

1.) You realized the mistake of your no lynch push and jumped to this to try and get the attention off of that.
2.) You're scum and are making one heck of a gambit.

This only plays out a couple of ways. Since you have given no actual reasoning to believe she is scum, it logically follows you don't have any. Please do correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

So we could lynch you, and if you flip scum we can reasonably assume that either she's town or it was a gambit. It would be a pretty big stretch for it to be a gambit, but possible. If we lynch you and you flip town, we learn nothing whatsoever. If we lynch her and she flips town, then you go tomorrow, and if you're town that means you put us into 5 man LYLO with this stunt (presuming no kills are stopped).

I'm inclined to just assume we've got caught scum (you) in this bizarre turn of posts.

Please explain why and how you have "found one scum for us". If your explanation and reasoning make no sense, be prepared to defend yourself, because I can see absolutely zero town motive in your play so far, but lots and lots of potential scum motives.
I honestly don't like the ending parts of this entire post, but this in particular. I'm honestly leaning he's a VI at this point. Not too found of Drixx currently.
In post 78, Drixx wrote:There has been no explanation whatsoever. You are being intentionally obtuse. At this point, I am going to just assume that you are trolling, and you're going to find a hostile audience to that on this site.

VOTE: Srceenplay
Sort of a "scapegoat" assuming Drixx is scum and he flips town so nobody can really be mad at him. Thought's here but can verbalize it.
In post 136, Srceenplay wrote:very unlikely to find better lynch than me,in 12 days time? Common give yourself and town more credit than that.

I am a VT.

I have made actions and points to see how people react. If anyone thinks they found scum this fast they don't understand the game and implying it's that easy is a misrep of the game.
This is as almost bad as some dude on another forum. Not sure if they come here but they were always town. And this play definitely feels town.
In post 196, FireScreamer wrote:While I disagree with SensFan I do not think this is a scumtell. This seems to be entirely playstyle based and is a nulltell. I suggest we now post intent to L-1 a wagon that Sen is not part of to play around it. Just be mindful about the guy and he can't actually do anything with his hammerhappy approach.

Not doing yourself any favors.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:44 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Do you really think that was a mistake that scum more often than town makes? I skimmed the thread this morning and started doing ISOs. I assumed you were Med and god knows where I thought Ingeel came from. This was born out not wanting to prioritize who I talked about first and using the list in page 1.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:47 am

Post by FireScreamer »

I do have to jump away for a couple hours. Expect Ingeel and the other 3 starting around 4 hours from this post.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 333, FireScreamer wrote:Do you really think that was a mistake that scum more often than town makes?
Yes, actually.

Ingeel was in the Meduna slot a day before I replaced Epid.

Scum doesn't have to read, because they have the answers that town is looking for.

It just so happens, not reading the thread has the side effect of making one blind to changes in the game state.
---
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 325, -Grey- wrote:Top!
Don't steal her tops on purpose. She has been doing a great job grabbing them herself.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:51 am

Post by -Grey- »

A little competition is good for the soul.
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:51 am

Post by MMM »

In post 331, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 115, MMM wrote:I still want Firescreamer to explain his choice of questions though.
Here is you asking again for me to explain the thing that you "randomly" voted me for.
In post 138, MMM wrote:
In post 133, FireScreamer wrote:Hiya guys. Very busy day yesterday. I'll be around for circa 12 hours from this post today though on and off.
In post 32, MMM wrote:UNVOTE: Srceenplay and
VOTE: FireScreamer because your questions are bad
Why? You just put suspicion on me, made it so everyone else now has to reevaluate what I said with the cloud of your suspicion over it, while at the same time gave me nothing to actually argue against or defend. Its free suspicion on someone who isn't you. What was wrong with the questions? What would you have asked? This is essentially foreshadowing what screenplay will do later on a much bigger scale. If we didn't have larger trollier fish to fry this would be where my vote goes.
Jen saw the same thing as me where you were fishing for player's possible actions. I would have preferred questions that would force people to take stances on possible situations later in the game e.g. "What is your opinion on policy lynches?"
Here is where you say another player saw the same thing as you. Meaning that you saw something and voted because of it. This is the post were you directly address my question and if it was random at that time you would have said it was random.
I see your point now. I wouldn't explicitly state at any time whether or not my vote was random, and as far as I know that's not something I absolutely have to do - if I'm wrong, then tell me now. Other than that, I still partly interpreted it as being RVS since I did not vote with intention to start a wagon leading to a lynch for info or to kill.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:52 am

Post by MMM »

In post 336, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 325, -Grey- wrote:Top!
Don't steal her tops on purpose. She has been doing a great job grabbing them herself.
Lewd.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:57 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Did you have to replace in right now.
Grey replaced in my first newbie game. His catch ups are awesome. Something to strive for.
In post 187, Srceenplay wrote:I think I did what I accomplished. I got out of RVS quickly with substantial discussion.
No reason for me to continue on that route.
I have a FOS on MMM and Jenlew

Sensfan's hammer post is disturbing but it makes about as much sense as me voting NL. It's something that everyone knows not to do, so maybe it was for reaction? We need her to explain her intentions.
Fire I feel you are trying to stay calm and evaluate. Not rushing to conclusions and looking to get as much information as you can.
Drixx I feel like I just pissed him off because I was screwing up his IC game. Still null though. I would think common sense would tell him that someone who has played is some games here wouldn't earnestly try to NL.

You could have waited. I was going to get to that.

Everyone can complain that my "gambit " was bad, but it got substance out of it.
Need a vote count and then I will vote Jen.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:03 am

Post by MMM »

If I did this right vote count atm is:

[2]SensFan - Firescreamer, Ingeel
[2]Srceenplay - JenLew, SensFan
[2]JenLew - MMM, -Grey-
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:03 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 340, Srceenplay wrote:Need a vote count and then I will vote Jen.
2/5

Me and MMM.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 340, Srceenplay wrote:Grey replaced in my first newbie game. His catch ups are awesome. Something to strive for.
Thanks, btw.

It's actually more of a challenge to catch up without implicating my partner as scum because I spend so much time facepalming and figuring out how I can dance around it, lol.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:12 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 335, -Grey- wrote:
In post 333, FireScreamer wrote:Do you really think that was a mistake that scum more often than town makes?
Scum doesn't have to read, because they have the answers that town is looking for.
But they don't have the answers scum is looking for. As an informed minority they still need to know whats going on in order to take advantage of situations.

I'd argue that what I did is a null tell. But of course I would.

I just got a little bit confused is all. I'll accept that if you want to find it scummy there's not much I can do about it as the mistake was made and I can't argue I was correct to make it.

Writing up on the rest now.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:42 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Ingeel

Glossing over his responses to the screenplay thing as everyone essentially responded to it in the same way.
In post 207, Ingeel wrote:
In post 203, SensFan wrote:Arguing about the concept isn't relevant. The idea that you're using my philosophy to justify a paradigm where people can be even *more* likely to avoid placing a vote they don't want to is very much worth discussing, though. And it's not like you can realistically have people act like they're at L-1 just because they're at L-2 and the Sens boogeyman is out there and might maybe potentially hammer them.
This response is disgusting. This isn't a fast-paced game. You take your time, analyze your associates and go from there.

I'd be willing to lynch Sens of Drixx today, and for now VOTE: SensFan
What Sens was doing while bothersome is very clearly a playstyle thing and going after it like this is something I cannot understand. When it came up my first thought wasnt "Lets lynch him" it was "How do we work around it". Also Sens or Drixx? Drixx is the player I would lynch last today not counting myself (we will get to why in his post). Also I feel a false dichotomy is a pretty scummy thing to present to the town.

In post 226, Ingeel wrote:Speaking of which, are we going to use the rest of the 12 days? I doubt we will, but should we? Given the current inactivity level of the thread it probably will be highly beneficial. My opinion at least.
Huh? Why wouldn't we? Like we don't need to but by this point the Screenplay lynch had calmed down and he was the only person on Sensfan. The end was nowhere in sight. He wasn't even on Sensfan at that point right?
In post 216, Ingeel wrote:
I too like casting shade.
I genuinely have no handle on what this means at all.
In post 243, Ingeel wrote:
In post 241, Srceenplay wrote:So either way bad? Thanks.
I can vote you instead if you want

/s
As mentioned before your vote is not a punishment for people who disagree with you. Particularly people who you have already said you read as TOWN. Though quickly explained away as sarcastic its still not appreciated.
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:
In post 246, SensFan wrote:Ingeel, what makes you so sure that he's NewbTown instead of NewbScum? Secondly, your vote is on me; obviously you disagree with my reads but do you not think they're sincere?
I think they're sincere but they have no town motivated push behind them(at least for Srceen's case).

His play feels genuine to me, and lots of town motivation. I don't see newb scum immediately gunning for NL and saying "let invests handle it"

If anything, and sorry for reading into crumbs or what not, it's a townslip for him being TI(which he claimed against as VT which is believable). However, knowing it might have been risky to claim TI he claimed cit. I believe he's cit in the end but if anything his ISO is pure town. And Doctor, if you're a thing, please heal Srceen
He thinks his reads are sincere but is voting him up for them. Um... This has already been explained and this ISO in general is pretty parroty already.

Also I genuinely find people trying to be a traffic policeman for power roles are doing so to have better understanding of whats going to happen at night. Which benefits scum a lot more than town.

While I believe he is certainly on the right side of the Screenplay argument at this point. I'd say its possibly for the wrong reasons.

Scumrating 3.75 out of 5 nooses
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:45 am

Post by -Grey- »

As far as I'm concerned, JenLew is the only option for today.

Ingeel/FireScreamer is a decision for tomorrow. Leaning Ingeel ATM, but the day is yet young.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 345, FireScreamer wrote:Also I feel a false dichotomy is a pretty scummy thing to present to the town.
Tomorrow is one of you or Ingeel.

Am I scum?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 345, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 216, Ingeel wrote:
I too like casting shade.
I genuinely have no handle on what this means at all.
I read that as one scum telling another to lay off or he'll drive his own bus.
---
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:54 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Bump
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”