Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 521, Fro99er wrote:So you're scumreading me for being sitewide VLA?
sure. if that makes you happy.

Lowell, join me.im not voting gl.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:59 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

dead

still waiting on comments from sbf and Bella.

In post 310, Sobolev Space wrote:@Eddie - if you want more content from me ask me questions. I've been trying to keep my reads closer to my chest than in previous games (for various reasons) but I'm still happy to work with y'all if you think I haven't been providing enough info.
thoughts on my case against frogger? any other game thoughts?
Spoiler:
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 525, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 521, Fro99er wrote:So you're scumreading me for being sitewide VLA?
sure. if that makes you happy.

Lowell, join me.im not voting gl.
Why not GL?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I scum read frogger a lot more
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 528, Eddie Cane wrote:I scum read frogger a lot more
do you scumread GL?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Fro99er »

This where I'm at right now

{bork}
{SS, GL}
________
{TTT, Bella, SBF}
________
{EC, Lowell}

Of the null tier I think I'd lean town on TTT the most for a few things he said earlier in the day
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

bork

sbf (came back from being idle with a vengeance)

bella

Lowell

GuiltyLion
tttt

Sobolev
frogger
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Fro99er »

talk to me about sbf
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

good attitude, good content (with just about no filler), rubs me the right way.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Lowell »

oh he knows how to rub you the right way, does he?

tee hee

/shows self out
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

it's a girl so it's even better!
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by TTTT »

@eddie
plz tell me every thought you've ever had about Bella
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 482, borkjerfkin wrote:for two people who know each other well, between frog and bella i see a lot more evidence of the former trying to read the latter than the reverse
^twuth!

Bella is a bad bad girl and needs more votes.
It's easy
just copy and paste...

Code: Select all

[vote]Bella[/vote]
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 524, Lowell wrote: @TTTT, no, seriously, no one ever thinks I'm town D1. You are suspicious.
maybe I'm ace day1 town-reader
maybe I'm wrong (but I doubt it)
maybe I'm scum (but I'm not)
maybe it's maybelline (it is)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I could get behind a Bella wagon

Fro99er / Eddie looks very much like a TvT to me, and the Lowell comment on Fro99er in just doesn't ring true at all. I'm like 100% in agreement with what bork said in

I'm here
town: {bork, eddie, Fro99er, TTTT}
meh: {SS, SBF, Bella}
scum: {Lowell}

response to the SBF case forthcoming
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 379, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:You're arguing that it's scummy to not have a sincere and thorough scumread 160 posts in the game, which I find hard to believe. I had no townvibes whatsoever from your opening two posts, saw no evidence of game-solving, wanted you to get pressured/wagoned. That's entirely different from saying "I am very confident that SBF is scum", which feels like the arbitrary and disingenuous standard that you'ree trying to impose on me.
1 )
No townvibes = null. Significant scum vibes = SR. A SR is literally "I am confident this slot is scum". This is extremely straight-forward. There is meaningful contradiction in your stances and you can't talk your way out of this no matter how far you bend over backwards.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:Your radar for Town motivation is either miscalibrated or not being used in this game, sorry. Talking to my townreads to try to get them to understand/townread me is not "purposeless".
2 )
I find your manner of discourse ultimately purposeless as the information provided by the exchanges does little to nothing to sort alignments according to any method of scumhunting I understand and it is far too early in the game to begin digesting reads with mutual TRs in the effort to reach compromise. There is simply no way to be sure enough in your reads on Day 1 for this and it is nonsensical to begin focusing on compromise when most of us have not even solidified our reads yet in the first place. Talking in this manner is, however, an excellent way to be TRed without actually producing content that advances the game state or roots out any scum. In short, your content lacks any meaningful Town motivation that I can detect.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:And so what my vote isn't on you anymore? Why does that matter?
3a )
Because it makes no sense to move your vote off your SR immediately after finding fault in all of their content, and it makes less sense to vote the slot you previously townleaned because of an argument that your SR also made. If you weren't aware that I was calling you opportunistic I can only assume you were selectively reading my post.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:No you didn't, if you called it opportunistic please show me where you did. And this entire section reads to me like you care more about "scoring points" in the argument about my alignment more than honestly and openly assessing my play and my alignment.
3b )
288: "His SR on this slot lacks any semblance of authenticity and he basically just followed Cane."

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:My read on Lowell changed because of his continued scumread on me for weak reasons. I changed the read. Why do you think that makes me scum, why is that something that cannot come from Town?
3c )
See above and my previous post for the answer.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:a) I can and will put my vote wherever the hell I want, thank you
and b) I will continue responding to every single post you make, so don't give me this bullshit about "not wanting focus on our exchange".
4 )
Yes, you're forced to, given that I called you out. Changing your vote in the way you did strongly suggests that you wanted attention elsewhere, however. I don't believe that you lost your scumread on me after my post and gained a scumread on Lowell strong enough to warrant moving the vote, I believe that you moved your vote onto an easier target.
In post 363, GuiltyLion wrote:like SBF's argument boils down to

1) GL voted me but didn't believe it
2) GL moved his vote off of me when I pushed back on him
3) he must be doing this because he doesn't want attention on me calling him out

1) is because it's early and I usually don't have much conviction in my scumreads early unless I find something extremely compelling, which hasn't happened this game
2) was due to the fact that I hated Lowell's reasons for scumreading/voting me and I did think SBF made a good point about SS which made me question whether they are operating from a town mindset
3) is just assumptions and completely made up
5 )
This is a pretty sad attempt at a misrep, honestly. The fact that you're appealing to others in this way is highly suspect.
1 )
is not really how I play the game and make reads on D1, sorry. My axiom is more townvibes = less likely to be scum. I put you lower because you were not posting and had absolutely zero townvibes, whereas while some things Fro99er said pinged me on a gut level, I also thought there were some possible townvibes as well.

2 )
again, this seems like more of a playstyle issue. D1 for me is about nailing down some solid townreads without letting any scum into my personal town-block. In a game with 6 town and 2 scum, it's much easier to correctly find town than scum, and I find playstyles like yours (tunnel relentlessly on one player) to be extremely counterproductive as it only requires 1 or 2 misreads to suddenly put yourself in LYLO and with no foundation to work with and understand the other players. I also disagree that "wanting to be TRd" is scummy, everyone wants to be TR'd regardless of alignment. I think it's bad play to be mislynchable, especially in a setup like this one with no PRs.

3a )
Why is it so hard for you to understand that I actively found Lowell's posting much scummier than yours? That doesn't mean I suddenly townread you, it just means I wanted a Lowell wagon
even harder
3b )
And I don't see that description as being "opportunistic". Sheeping eddie on an early L-3 wagon is opportunistic how? It's not like you were in immediate danger of being lynched.
3c )
You kinda ignored the point of the question here, which is why aren't you considering any town motivation behind my posting? I get why you can frame it in a scum narrative, but I'm missing any evidence that you're genuinely evaluating my play as possibly coming from town too.

4 )
See point 3a.

5 )
I said this before, but if you're gonna call something a misrep, I'd like you to explain exactly what you feel was misrepresented.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 523, Lowell wrote:His entire case on me amounts to "Lowell thinks in extremes and said someone is null. CONTRADICTION!" I can make his case against me better than he can, and it only took me one sentence.
also, HERE is a good example of a misrep. The "null point" is honestly the least important and weakest part of my 'case' on Lowell (I also don't really feel it's a case, just a few succinct damning points). What Lowell omitted and ignored are the two better reasons that I already gave in thread:

1) I don't believe town!Lowell would consider my early D1 play - at the time of posting - to be genuinely "opportunistic". I made one vote on SBF.
2) the description of me "pocketing SS" makes no sense either, and reads more like Lowell is trying to frame my behavior than interpret it
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 536, TTTT wrote:@eddie
plz tell me every thought you've ever had about Bella
can you ask a more focused question please!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Lowell »

Okay back to bella, that seems to be where the pent-up angst is in this group.

VOTE: bella

My 1v1 with GL bores me. GL has permission to continue it, though.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 539, GuiltyLion wrote:town: {bork, eddie, Fro99er, TTTT}
meh: {SS, SBF, Bella}
scum: {Lowell}
probably very close to where i am (still think I like SS more than you do, TTTT is definitely better than before but not ready to hard town him and none of my scumreads are confident ones)

I liked bella early game (specifically her reasoning behind her initial thing between GL/me) although rereading something that pings me is
bella wrote: seee, tonally I liked Lowell for town, but his post with his vote for me in it didn't look like it should end with a vote for me. but
lowell wrote:VOTE: bella

Kara! Good to see you again. Sorry you flipped red this time.
is super tonally weird - kara is a reference to a recent survivor game, and i'd expect it to be an rvs reference, but then 'i flipped red'. ugh.
feels not genuine. ["I liked generally the tone of his posts. What I didn't like is this particular post where I didn't like his tone, the thing I just said I liked"] and it just reads instead to me like it's a combination of two dissonant parrots (the former of TTTT's and the latter of Frogger's ) instead of an organic read

part about GL in seems like it's objecting for no really good reason other than so she had something to talk to frogger about; the fact that she's asking about it seems like she takes issue with it but the read matches his (even with the 'looks contrived' comment you seem to be coming town on a "GL is most likely town" conclusion) whereas if she wanted meaningful conversation both on reads on others and on frogger himself i'd expect her to ask about TTTT (a read that they differ on) or lowell (one that she's wishy washy on and he's less so)

p-edit @lowell vote: was actually a little worried about lowell-bella due to early game hard pressure making way for only soft grumblings. this makes me feel a little better

let's see what goes interactionwise
VOTE: bella
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Sorry for the absence all. Will read what I missed and post thoughts.

I want to be on the record as thinking Lowell's last post is terrible though.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 545, Sobolev Space wrote:Sorry for the absence all. Will read what I missed and post thoughts.

I want to be on the record as thinking Lowell's last post is terrible though.
not really sure if I agree; enough people were digging their heels in against the GL wagon
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@TTTT - I'd like for you to go back through your notes and explain your later TR on Lowell
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 526, Eddie Cane wrote:thoughts on my case against frogger? any other game thoughts?
You v Frogger looks TvT. Given the content of your arguments I'd say its largely a clash of playstyles. I disagree with both of your cases but can see them coming from a town mindset.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 533, Eddie Cane wrote:good attitude, good content (with just about no filler), rubs me the right way.
Disagree with this. SBFs content has been tunneling the hell out of a few people with bad arguments which I've seen mostly used as a scum strategy.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”