Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.15
Bellaphant
(3): TTTT , Lowell , borkjerfkin
Lowell
(1): GuiltyLion
TTTT
(1): Bellaphant
Sobolev Space
(1): SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
(1): Soblev Space

Not Voting
(2): Eddie Cane , Fro99er

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Bellaphant is V/LA until Saturday.
Last edited by Aristophanes on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Fro99er »

h
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Fro99er »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Fro99er »

SCREW YOU MOD I HATE YOU

(you're actually pretty cool)
Heil King Froggo.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 778, Fro99er wrote:SCREW YOU MOD I HATE YOU

(you're actually pretty cool)
Mwahahaha!

Nice try Fro99er! XD

(I also think you are very cool! Thanks man! :))
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 761, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:This is how a read evolves: you add pieces of information together and they gradually form a full picture. One piece of that in my read on your slot is your interactions with Space. Once the variable {Space} is defined, it affects my read on your slot. I am currently reading your defense of Space as Town naivety, because I do not know the alignment of Space. If the alignment of Space were known to me as Town, then I would reconsider reading your defense of Space as scum WK. Combined with the other pieces of information that I have on your slot, this would probably result in a scumlean. Given that if Space were Town GL would by my only SR and every other slot would be null or above, I would consider that scum was in {bork, GL}. Therefore, operating according to knowledge I have right now, I believe there is at least 1 scum in {bork, Space}. Does that make sense?
I can kind of squint and see this, even if it relies on a pretty crap premise (scum-me is considerably more likely to defend town-SS than town-me is because
who the fuck knows
)
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Using spoilers so its easy on the eyes:

Spoiler: Reasons I'm scumreading SBF
I already mentioned the timing issue before but its essentially this: SBF's read on Eddie shifts drastically from to . SBF claims this was because she saw Eddie's followthrough from his "opening move" which made her TR her. I don't buy it. Everything Eddie says about SBF between 200 and 288 is stuff that he already said before. We've asked SBF this a couple times:
In post 336, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 290, borkjerfkin wrote:@SBF: more specifically, what changed between and now, considering I think Eddie's trajectory on you has not changed one iota since then and you don't seem to be townreading him for any other reason
Cane's opening was, as I see it, a reaction test. Scum love easy targets, and giving one to them is a very effective way to hunt.
where she pretty much avoids the substance of the question and more recently in post which she kind of responds to by saying:
In post 720, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 706, Sobolev Space wrote:Essentially I don't think Eddie expressed any new sentiments in his read on her before that he hadn't already expressed before which makes the sudden change seem odd.
This just shows that you aren't reading this game with the intent to sort. There's nothing strange about the timing of 288. It closely follows 280 and 287. That's called satisfaction.
But if you look at the posts here's what Eddie says in 280 and 287:
In post 287, Eddie Cane wrote:this is why I'm voting sbf. she has done 0. 0. she came back and produced nothing. I want her to take stances and start posting.
In post 280, Eddie Cane wrote:sbf has done nothing and it's 12 pages in. is that normal for her? we've never played before.
And here's what he says in (before she started TRing him):
In post 174, Eddie Cane wrote:sbf is a good vote for now. he has basically checked in and that's it. this game is new but God damn 2 short posts with no content is not enough. voting will pressure him to actually do something - or justify voting me at the the very least.
Pretty much the same right? I don't buy that 280 and 287 caused SBF to changer her mind about Eddie because they show some follow through that 174 doesn't. More likely that SBF realized her initial vote on Eddie looked opportunistic and was unjustified and is making up reasons to explain her behavior. This is pretty blatantly contradictory and she's avoided directly answering the question this whole time.

Second reason I mentioned was this post:
In post 569, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 389, Fro99er wrote:
In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Cane is obviously Town by the way they've reacted to this slot. I appreciate the opening maneuver, having seen the follow-through.
Explain this further
I'll let Cane elaborate and will comment on any differences in what I perceived.
Seems pretty ridiculous. This easily allows scum!SBF to come in after Eddie's post and say "Yeah I saw all that cuz I'm town" while town!SBF gets no real benefit to this. She tries to play it off by saying:
In post 720, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Please. Cane and I have been picking at each other warily and the fact that we both actually
did
have something to say about it after not wanting to let each other off the hook screams of Town paranoia, not manipulation.
But why would she be worried about "letting Eddie off the hook" when he's already one of her strongest TRs? This idea that it was based on town paranoia is also very contrary to at least how I read the initial post. Its just kind of silly.

Additional reasons for my SR are her case on GL seems hackneyed and fake (GL covers this a little and I don't have time to wade through all those walls of text) and her case on me seems not too substantial. She just repeats that I'm not sorting to the extent that the word become meaningless.

Finally, wanted to comment on this:
In post 718, borkjerfkin wrote:It's way out of left field and just fucking weird to happen now of all times and it's throwing me off because i don't see any obvious scum motivation there or any indication that i'd be an easy mislynch to push on D2 if she gets her SS lynch and SS flips town; why not TTTT or Bella
I think the motivation is for towncred by pushing non-standard lynches (which all of SBF's votes have been so far). This definitely reminded me of this post:
In post 567, TTTT wrote:I tend to TR players who seem to be thinking independently
and don't appear to be
trying
to look town
lowell has that vibe going on
and I think its possible SBF is trying to play to this kind of sentiment. This isn't directly indicting, just an explanation for some behavior I saw.

Spoiler: SBF's case on me
Here I'm just going point by point in her big post on me:
In post 658, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:This slot's play so far is leagues from its Town meta. It has been dodging questions, shopping for lynches, practically
refusing
to hunt and sort, buddying (with Bork), and displaying the type of blind confidence that typically comes from only PRs and scum.
Re: my meta, this is literally my third town game. My meta isn't going to be super established. If you compare my second town game to my first town game you'd see a lot of meta differences there as well (focusing less on posting reads lists etc.). I'm trying out a couple different styles of play to see which one I like (I mention this to EL somewhere in my last game, forget where but I can find the post if requested) so of course my play isn't going to be the same from game to game. Moreover, SBF completely ignores my scum game which I am also not playing like at all. The sorting point is silly. Most of the questions I ask are designed to help sort players. More on this below
In post 658, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:As stated before, I struggle to see how the progression quoted below comes from town!Space. This slot has little to no paranoia and just as meagre a desire to hunt scum.

*** quotes my progression with GL ***
I explained the evolution of my read there to bork earlier but just to be clear: I thought some arguments GL made were bad but wasn't sure if they were AI, GL questioned me about this and I explained, then I decided GL was playing much more level-headedly when confronted compared to last game so gave him a TR. I don't really see how that is too unreasonable.
In post 658, SweetBlueFlowers wrote: A few other quotes that ping me:
In post 330, Sobolev Space wrote:At this point my vote is probably going to stay between Lowell and SBF for the remainder of the day.
I cannot find Town motivation in this post. Where is the desire to sort and hunt?
I say that I think scum is in Lowell and SBF as she says I have no desire to sort? I've already sorted and have strong suspicions that those two are scum - that's why my vote is staying between them. Of course it can change but at that point I had strong enough SRs that that was unlikely
In post 658, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 549, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 533, Eddie Cane wrote:good attitude, good content (with just about no filler), rubs me the right way.
Disagree with this. SBFs content has been tunneling the hell out of a few people with bad arguments which I've seen mostly used as a scum strategy.
Doesn't address any of my content, just shades me and misreps my play. (I wasn't tunneled, tunneling is not a scum strategy. Space knows this according to this game, where Titus tunnels as Town.)
In the same game GL was tunneling Titus d2 which led to him avoiding my push to lynch Revan. I was more talking about my first newbie where scum!Howard tunnels Joshz all game so he can mislynch him before lylo and look consistent. SBF seemed to be doing a similar strategy here although its not super AI.
In post 552, Sobolev Space wrote:I'm sympathetic to Frogger's comments on the TTTT Bella case. I really only think - is the only thing that would warrant a lynch from her ISO
I do not believe this is how Town sorts. Town sorts by alignment, not by lynchability.
This is a huge stretch.
In post 350, Sobolev Space wrote:I pointed it out because it looked to me like that quote indicts SBF since she jumped on Eddie's self vote.
This strikes me as much like calling out a scumslip by twisting words to mean something they don't. Space didn't push me for this, but even forcing the statement to produce that conclusion is the kind of fake logic I do not want to see from Town.
I quoted it because I thought it was cute not because I thought it was super AI.

Sorry to everyone that has to read through all that.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

This is why I don't like writing walls.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 781, Sobolev Space wrote:I already mentioned the timing issue before but its essentially this: SBF's read on Eddie shifts drastically from to . SBF claims this was because she saw Eddie's followthrough from his "opening move" which made her TR her. I don't buy it. Everything Eddie says about SBF between 200 and 288 is stuff that he already said before. We've asked SBF this a couple times:
In post 336, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 290, borkjerfkin wrote:@SBF: more specifically, what changed between and now, considering I think Eddie's trajectory on you has not changed one iota since then and you don't seem to be townreading him for any other reason
Cane's opening was, as I see it, a reaction test. Scum love easy targets, and giving one to them is a very effective way to hunt.
where she pretty much avoids the substance of the question and more recently in post which she kind of responds to by saying:
In post 720, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 706, Sobolev Space wrote:Essentially I don't think Eddie expressed any new sentiments in his read on her before that he hadn't already expressed before which makes the sudden change seem odd.
This just shows that you aren't reading this game with the intent to sort. There's nothing strange about the timing of 288. It closely follows 280 and 287. That's called satisfaction.
But if you look at the posts here's what Eddie says in 280 and 287:
In post 287, Eddie Cane wrote:this is why I'm voting sbf. she has done 0. 0. she came back and produced nothing. I want her to take stances and start posting.
In post 280, Eddie Cane wrote:sbf has done nothing and it's 12 pages in. is that normal for her? we've never played before.
And here's what he says in (before she started TRing him):
In post 174, Eddie Cane wrote:sbf is a good vote for now. he has basically checked in and that's it. this game is new but God damn 2 short posts with no content is not enough. voting will pressure him to actually do something - or justify voting me at the the very least.
Pretty much the same right? I don't buy that 280 and 287 caused SBF to changer her mind about Eddie because they show some follow through that 174 doesn't. More likely that SBF realized her initial vote on Eddie looked opportunistic and was unjustified and is making up reasons to explain her behavior. This is pretty blatantly contradictory and she's avoided directly answering the question this whole time.
The only thing I can say against this is did you look at

Is that not something different?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Althought 207 did have tones of "lack of post count" stuff too
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Fro99er »

@SBF what about eddie's reaction between 200 and 288 made you change your read of him?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 658, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:He followed it up by pressuring the slot that pressured him for this, which revealed the Town motivation hidden in his opening, namely to instigate content by appearing anti-town. His push on me was designed to sort me and punish me for opportunism if my reasons for voting him were not legitimate. There was no agenda besides hunting, and for this I townread the slot.
his push on you was mainly about you not posting, which as SS pointed out he posted about prior to post 200.
Heil King Froggo.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Frogger, I did look at 207 but still didn't find it significantly different from the other posts. SBF failing to mention it ever also didn't help. At this point SBF has been so opaque towards us repeatedly asking the question above I really don't know what else to do.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Fro99er »

actually it was completely about you not posting
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Fro99er »

^@SBF
Heil King Froggo.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Signing off for the night. Hoping to wake up to an SBF wagon tomorrow.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

SBF also avoiding me about the Eddie read was particularly bad.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

VOTE: SBF

I'm going back to here.
Heil King Froggo.
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

In post 780, borkjerfkin wrote:I can kind of squint and see this, even if it relies on a pretty crap premise (scum-me is considerably more likely to defend town-SS than town-me is because
who the fuck knows
)
Because town!bork knows that his reads have a very high chance of being inaccurate part-way through Day 1 and doesn't hinder other slots from scumhunting (or giving the appearance of it). Scum!bork, on the other hand, knows the alignment of Space and therefore defends her to prove the quality of his reads were the slot ever to flip and also to buddy up to the slot and potentially gain an ally. Like you are seriously beginning to make me think you are scum with how heavily you are dumbtelling and chainsawing this stuff. You've consistently ignored the actual substance in my posts to nitpick on tiny things that could potentially be contradictions or missed logic, which forces me to explain everything to you in ridiculous detail as if you're a newbie and in the process totally distracts everyone from my ACTUAL scumhunting. This is seriously the issue I brought up with GL about the way he's been explaining his reads, except you're forcing me to deal with your nonsense rather than daring me to approach it.

Space's push on me is utter shit. It's not even bad!town shit it's just shit.

Space, if you are Town, this new style you are trying out is not good and I strongly recommend you abandon it for a different experiment.

In post 785, Fro99er wrote:
@SBF what about eddie's reaction between 200 and 288 made you change your read of him?
Is this seriously this difficult to understand? He pushes me almost exclusively and yet he is also sorting other slots at the same time. It's completely obvious by 287 that his push on me was genuine and that the anti-town opening was a scumhunting technique.
I have already explained this
In post 773, Fro99er wrote:
In post 771, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I'm not going to fucking explain to you guys how to play mafia.
I think I know who you are
I think you clearly don't.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:31 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 731, Sobolev Space wrote:Finished my work.

VOTE: SBF

Eddie I want you to explain your take on the timing issue because I don't buy what SBF is saying. The sentiments you express in and (i.e. SBF isn't doing anything) you express equally well in .

Heading to bed so will have to make my longer post tomorrow. I've already covered the basic reasons why I'm SRing SBF (although if anyone wants me to elaborate I will) so I was mainly just planning on going point by point through her case on me.
the game had progressed enough, I took it as more of a length thing where she decided I was genuine.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:06 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 793, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Like you are seriously beginning to make me think you are scum with how heavily you are dumbtelling
Fuck you? I reserve the right to ask about things i don't understand or seem off to me. If you don't want to deal with that then one of us has a problem and it isnt me.

TTTT and bella have hard defended SS as i have previously stated. Why aren't yoy giving them shit about it?
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:38 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 793, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Because town!bork knows that his reads have a very high chance of being inaccurate part-way through Day 1 and doesn't hinder other slots from scumhunting (or giving the appearance of it).
Ugh. Lets back up because i know you're probably not trying to say this, but i feel that you're saying that only scum would defend a townread Because town might be wrong in doing so.

If you're not saying that, then please try to explain what you are trying to say and again why you are viewing my calling ss town differently than anyone else calling anyone (including ss) town
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:40 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Like i feel like im trying to be patient but i am not getting your angle and your recourse is to call me obtuse and i very much dont appreciate it
beefycheese
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Lowell »

@mod
, V/LA until Tuesday, heading off to the beach, starting in about 8 hours.

Anyone have anything specific for me before I leave? Otherwise look forward to more of the same. Either way at least one more post before I go.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 798, Lowell wrote:@mod, V/LA until Tuesday, heading off to the beach, starting in about 8 hours.
Noted!
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”