nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:40 am

Post by nancy »

In post 134, The Wood Cutters wrote:So nancy is scum and the OMGUS confirms it.

Now we do the pointing and laughing for someone being caught so easy.
Uh, this push is a little overwrought and lacking in conviction and I'm having a hard time you really believe what you're pushing here.. But sure.

So, blah blah, first of all, you haven't yet engaged with my slot in a meaningful way. Your approach here is pure rhetoric. Second of all, you're pushing a narrative that holds only a semblance of truth. Your reads (including the one on me, yes, well selected) sucking have little to do with my vote. Your lack of hesitance in handing out town labels based on a scarcity of info is mainly what drew me away from drealmer. The only way you can argue to the contrary is by flat out calling me a liar from the get-go, which is.. uh.. well, not a position you have any ground to support yourself on, so that's not gonna end well for you. You scumbuds with dreal, bro?

Oh but hey, let's go along with your little thing for a moment and imagine that my vote was OMGUS. Run me through how that proves that I'm scum? More than a little curious.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:42 am

Post by nancy »

In post 140, The Wood Cutters wrote:Also, again, nancy says our reads suck and votes us for voting them. This is not hard to explain.
Misrep harder dude, your hairy bits are showing.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 am

Post by nancy »

In post 136, Infinity 324 wrote:How much you wanna bet the last page is gin?
mastina voted me, Gin followed up with the OMGUS tirade. But I don't know nacho.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Oh, you're right.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 am

Post by The Wood Cutters »

When I genuinely feel like a vote was OMGUS, I say it was OMGUS coming from scum. Genuine OMGUS to me is a scum tell.

Spoiler:
In post 245, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 188, karnos wrote:Not much else to directly respond to. I get the sense that there is a clique of players here who all know each other pretty well, which usually means I get miss-lynched. My style always seems to come across as scummy when playing with people I haven't played with before.

That said:

UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety

Probably not scum based on what has occurred in the thread.

VOTE: XnadrojX

Best bet for today. Might just be annoying town, but he is using a lot of shitty scum logic.

Mostly away today hosting a D&D game, so I don't expect to be around again until late or tomorrow.
One does not simply say someone is using shitty logic and doesn't explain how.
Might I say, does not simply get voted by one player and vote the accuser.
Good posting would have been you explaining the err's in his ways.
Unforunately, you decided to do fuck all.
So, I am willing to lend my vote.

I put a little easter egg in there for you to munch on.

VOTE: Karnos
In post 814, mastina wrote:
karnos,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day One.

The things I say have data and unbiased examples because my methodology works.

I could write you a sermon that is mastina length but I choose to hide away details because you engaging creates dialogue, which furthers reads.

I personally won't even try to engage in the read's list with mastina because there's no real way for me to explain her thoughts as I'm not her.

As for dreal, Nacho says dreal looks on par to what we were playing with in Camn's Revenge and I trust him enough to have a better read on that slot than I do because of my tendency to scum read him for riding my ass in Camn's Revenge (love you tho).

As for my own reads, I have people starting to sway left or right but they're not solid enough for me to declare as some people I don't think have even posted yet.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 am

In post 133, nancy wrote:I want to say 126 and 127 are mastina, but I feel like there should be question marks in a single post there if it were her..

Let's just say it is anyway.

VOTE: WoodCutters

Where's the doubt, choppie chop chop?
I do have to ask as I seriously think an issue will arise if I don't settle it now, but like, could you break down each sentence and your meaning behind it because my interpretation is that you voted because mastina didn't put a bloody question mark.
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

Don't feel afraid to engage me just because I'm a stranger. I want war dammit!
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Gin, how do you differentiate between "genuine" OMGUS and other OMGUS? Is it just that OMGUS was the sole reason for the vote?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:06 am

For me, OMGUS usually happens in the RVS stage and you can tell when it's being playful.

In this situation, I read nancy's post saying mastina's reads sucks, verbatim:
In post 132, nancy wrote:Nope your reads suck.
and then goes on to say there should be a question mark in a post made by mastina as reason to vote our slot.
In post 133, nancy wrote:I want to say 126 and 127 are mastina, but I feel like there should be question marks in a single post there if it were her..

If part of our reads means nancy is scum and then nancy says our reads are bad and then votes us right after stating that. I see OMGUS.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:08 am

Need I remind you she voted because mastina didn't but a fucking question mark.

A. QUESTION. MARK.

nancy, since you hardheartedly believe mastina puts a question mark in the beginning of her first few posts. Bring me the data to prove it.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:11 am

In post 160, The Wood Cutters wrote:Need I remind you she voted because mastina didn't but a fucking question mark.

A. QUESTION. MARK.

nancy, since you hardheartedly believe mastina puts a question mark in the beginning of her first few posts. Bring me the data to prove it.
To add to that, show me, when mastina, as scum will not use a question mark as compared to town mastina where she uses them in the beginning.

I'd love to know how you have the data to support your thesis and how you come to the conclusion that the absence of a question mark is so damning and is worthy of a vote. I can't fucking wait.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 160, The Wood Cutters wrote:she voted because mastina didn't but a fucking question mark
As far as I can tell this is false

You're trying to associate the statements in nancy's post where to me they are separate. The reason for the vote was the last question I think (nancy thought mastin was judging too quickly and not doubting herself enough).
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:23 am

Guys. I think red is mafia.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

By the way gin, how's RL stuff going?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 am

In post 162, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 160, The Wood Cutters wrote:she voted because mastina didn't but a fucking question mark
As far as I can tell this is false

You're trying to associate the statements in nancy's post where to me they are separate. The reason for the vote was the last question I think (nancy thought mastin was judging too quickly and not doubting herself enough).
If that's the case, then that's why I have post , in order to clarify the issue before we continue.
In post 164, Infinity 324 wrote:By the way gin, how's RL stuff going?
Long/short: moved in with girlfriend and I pay rent till I leave for University where I have a dorm. Life is still overwhelming, like I'm limiting myself to 2 games max and one of them, this game, is a hydra so some of the work load is taken off of me if I need to focus RL more than pay attention here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Prism »

In post 131, nancy wrote:
In post 109, Prism wrote:Scumreads on nancy and Penguin are weaker just from glancing at the opening posts. Rereading nancy it wasn't as bad as I thought but post #100 in particular sticks out to me as a question unlikely to lead anywhere but coming more for the sake of it.
Yeah that's not gonna cut it. How is that question not going to lead anywhere? I don't ask questions just for the sake of it. Even if I'm scum, every single one of my questions is going to be for a reason. So your analysis is lazy and you can try again.
This is a lot of shouting "Fake News" when there's a much easier way to prove me wrong: Simply give the intent behind the question.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Prism »

In post 159, The Wood Cutters wrote:For me, OMGUS usually happens in the RVS stage and you can tell when it's being playful.

In this situation, I read nancy's post saying mastina's reads sucks, verbatim:
In post 132, nancy wrote:Nope your reads suck.
and then goes on to say there should be a question mark in a post made by mastina as reason to vote our slot.

If part of our reads means nancy is scum and then nancy says our reads are bad and then votes us right after stating that. I see OMGUS.
Why is OMGUS scummy? I've found it a decently reliable towntell dependent on a few factors (name kind of player)

The question mark nonsense is a pretty bad mischaracterization and I don't like that you're selling it. She made it explicit that she doubted the certainty of the reads, which has to do with interpreting syntactical choices. The significance of the punctuation is in what it signals. I'd get it if there were confusion over
where
it would make a difference, but it is crystal clear on my end and I suspect to anyone who read the posts in question.

Mainly waiting on Nacho to read Wood Cutters, which will likely peeve him slightly and I am a-OK with that. Surf's up.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Empking »

In post 145, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 128, The Wood Cutters wrote:Pine
Prism
ThinkMomo
PenguinPower
Börk Börk
Drealmerz7
Infinity 324
Almost Chara
Empking
Wraith
Tea and Biscuits
Nancy

As much fun as it is to vote Pine.
VOTE: nancy.
Realistically, this is where we should be.
Oh a list.
Here is another just as useful list.
Bread.
Milk.
Eggs.
Butter.
Cheese.
Tea.
Biscuits.
Crumpets.
Sausage.

Let's say Nancy stopped existing, whom is next on your scum list, and why?

Also, is Omgus always scummy, or is it just an attack to weaken someone's return vote on them?

What's your opinion on Dreal, whom is hovering uselessly in the middle of your list? Surely you must have an opinion, my partner was showing me their last game which they where and comparing similarities. And I have to agree they loom scummy from a Meta view.
But without me looking into it, my meta view would be biased. Yet I trust postie, and I believe they are right at this point.
Vote: Tea
- Hate this post.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 am

Post by Prism »

In post 114, Prism wrote:I'll be honest in saying that I have no idea how to read drealm. I've gotten townreads on him before only to walk them back later but I have yet to see his scumgame. There are no glaringly obvious differences thus far between this game and camn's revenge where we were both town.
In post 155, The Wood Cutters wrote:As for dreal, Nacho says dreal looks on par to what we were playing with in Camn's Revenge and I trust him enough to have a better read on that slot than I do because of my tendency to scum read him for riding my ass in Camn's Revenge (love you tho).
I don't know if this is coincidental or if Nacho took inspiration but I'm amused.

P-Edit:
@Empking:
Feel free to explain why-I see nothing wrong with the latter paragraph and the former is just them not getting that the list is a town-scum list, evidenced by not knowing the question to who would be next on the scum list.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I like prism so far
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:12 am

I'm just waiting for nancy because it's apparent I'm a fucking idiot
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Empking »

In post 169, Prism wrote:
In post 114, Prism wrote:I'll be honest in saying that I have no idea how to read drealm. I've gotten townreads on him before only to walk them back later but I have yet to see his scumgame. There are no glaringly obvious differences thus far between this game and camn's revenge where we were both town.
In post 155, The Wood Cutters wrote:As for dreal, Nacho says dreal looks on par to what we were playing with in Camn's Revenge and I trust him enough to have a better read on that slot than I do because of my tendency to scum read him for riding my ass in Camn's Revenge (love you tho).
I don't know if this is coincidental or if Nacho took inspiration but I'm amused.

P-Edit:
@Empking:
Feel free to explain why-I see nothing wrong with the latter paragraph and the former is just them not getting that the list is a town-scum list, evidenced by not knowing the question to who would be next on the scum list.
Why did he ask what Dreal was doing in the middle of the list?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 am

@Prism

Why is EmpKing asking you why I asked about Dreal in the middle of the list?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Empking, because maybe he thought dreal was prominent enough for everyone to have a read on (even though that's not true)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”