Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 1092, Almost50 wrote:I also want those who are familiar with the flavour to weigh in regarding that claim. Does it sound legit? Is that character a main character (as in must be included) or does sound more like a safe fake-claim (Kuroi does provide those, btw).
In post 1093, MariaR wrote:Who did Clum claim I didn't see I know quite a bit on DBZ so I can judge
In post 1095, Imperium wrote:I'm not sure why Maria is interesting in assessing flavor here.
In post 1097, MariaR wrote:Flavor means NOTHING but if it will get people off the topic I'll help
Maria, this is why I voted you.
When we played together in the last DBZ game, the second flavor was brought up you said that there would be fakeclaims and that flavor meant nothing. When I tried to argue that some flavor was alignment indicative, you argued with me about it for pretty much the entirety of the very short game. Here, you didn't mention that flavor meant nothing until I reminded you that was the stance people were supposed to take, I don't really buy that "I'll participate in flavor discussion to get people off topic (but not mention how useless it is in the process!)" considering your hard stance in the last DBZ game - it looks more to me like you were just trying to be helpful and went against your credo from last game and that wouldn't happen unless your beliefs were fake.
I also didn't like your interactions with me - the "now who can't read!! wait, why are you voting me? oh i meant to say you can't read me" exchange in particular feels underwhelming, unnatural and while I realize this might not necessarily be alignment indicative because I don't know if you're this awkward in exchanges in general, I can very easily see you as scum not knowing how to approach me while as town you've had absolutely no problems in the past because genuine emotion has prodded you before.

And with that, I need to leave for work. I'll be back briefly in the morning.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Majiffy »

VOTE: Maria
In post 1069, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Imperium hasn't seemed to do much, this day, sidelining pretty hard. If we -assume- Imperium is scum, it would make sense for them to be sidelining so much if the two main wagons, this hydra and Maria are town. Although I haven't played with them before, so I don't know if this is normal.
-Clumsy
I disagree. They're taking a different approach than I'm used to but their ISO dives seem legitimately driven by determining alignment.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by MariaR »

Flavor is useless because fake claims are a thing aka it's useless you know that's how I feel but if I can get the talk off Flavor by helping and then saying it's useless perfect. I don't really like my interactions with you either you feel very close doored
Jiffy and Sco need death
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1122, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 956, MariaR wrote:I'm been lynched as town more times than I can count and I've never been lynched day 1 as scum and I am really trying to understand what I do as scum that makes me immune but as town I'm in ml city
Pedit: Hi hydra thing what's your read on me
Nacho, thoughts on this post please? ^
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1103, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1101, Socrates wrote:
In post 1092, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1084, Socrates wrote:It should go without saying that ball ownership should be counterclaimed with impunity.
Counterclaimed?? Are the balls in the show of certain functions each? Or are they related to certain characters?? Because from what I read (trying to familiarize myself with the flavour) they had so many users I don't even think anyone would fake claim having x-star ball to begin with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, I love this fat Guru guy Kuroi keeps using in the VCs, and from what little I've seen he is weird and ordering Nail around like the latter is his slave or something.

I also want those who are familiar with the flavour to weigh in regarding that claim. Does it sound legit? Is that character a main character (as in must be included) or does sound more like a safe fake-claim (Kuroi does provide those, btw).
Dragon balls are individually identifiable by their star number. It's in the opening rule post. Clumsy claimed to have the six star ball. If someone else has the six-star ball, they should counter immediately.
My point is/was: If they're Scum and have the 6-star ball there's no need for them to fake claim THAT. Having a ball on it's own isn't a Town feature .. or is it?? If it IS, then with no CC they're Town. If it isn't then there's no way we can tell their alignment just from having this particular ball, so it's safe for them to claim it anyway.
No, it isn't alignment indicative in itself. But in case you missed it, Albert and I just talked about how scum would be unlikely to keep their balls if they thought they were going to die, and as Imperium noted, scum might fakeclaim having a particular ball to a) appear counter to this logic, and b) attempt to flush out the real owner of the ball.

B) is stupid and easily remedied by the town (but shush don't tell the scum this) and if they do A) and no counterclaim nor ball is produced, them we know someone else in the scumteam is in control of that particular ball.

I don't expect many ball ownership counterclaims to happen outside of Lylo, but if you do have conflicting ball info, fucking claim it. It only benefits the town.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Socrates »

Will weigh in on Imperium's posting more deeply when I'm sober, but I am totes happy with a Maria lynch. More so than Clumsy at this point.

I'm hesitating to unvote yet because my switching votes with Albert was part of an
elaborate scheme
that I'm hoping Albert picked up on. I should delete this sentence but fuck me, Almost already ruined it but unvoting and it's not like my stunts ever worked back in the day.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Socrates »

And Nacho, I don't know if you remember nor care about this topic, but THIS is what a Rusty Socrates looks like.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 1103, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1101, Socrates wrote:
In post 1092, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1084, Socrates wrote:It should go without saying that ball ownership should be counterclaimed with impunity.
Counterclaimed?? Are the balls in the show of certain functions each? Or are they related to certain characters?? Because from what I read (trying to familiarize myself with the flavour) they had so many users I don't even think anyone would fake claim having x-star ball to begin with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, I love this fat Guru guy Kuroi keeps using in the VCs, and from what little I've seen he is weird and ordering Nail around like the latter is his slave or something.

I also want those who are familiar with the flavour to weigh in regarding that claim. Does it sound legit? Is that character a main character (as in must be included) or does sound more like a safe fake-claim (Kuroi does provide those, btw).
Dragon balls are individually identifiable by their star number. It's in the opening rule post. Clumsy claimed to have the six star ball. If someone else has the six-star ball, they should counter immediately.
My point is/was: If they're Scum and have the 6-star ball there's no need for them to fake claim THAT. Having a ball on it's own isn't a Town feature .. or is it?? If it IS, then with no CC they're Town. If it isn't then there's no way we can tell their alignment just from having this particular ball, so it's safe for them to claim it anyway.
Couple things. I think it's rash to assume having a ball is a Town feature. It MAY be a town feature, as it would kind of make sense with the Namekians having them to begin with, however this isn't a good reason to townread someone. Even if it was a Town only feature, after Night One it can't be used again.

Also, flavor claims for alignment are also out, as I'm sure scum have fake claims that would fit. To be honest, we can't even believe an uncountered Goku claim, because Captain Ginyu is a character.

Also I don't see why scum would fake claim having a ball? It's easily confirmed/disproved, aside from trying to coax out who actually has that ball. And no, in the show, they have no individual power (aside from glowing when close to others, but that was long ditched and forgotten by this point in the series), only when they're all together.

To answer the question Almost had, Moori is not a main character at all. He had a few minutes of screen time total, and I really liked DBZ (abridged and original, with Namek and Cell sagas being my shit) and I had no clue what this guy's name was.

-Clumsy
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 1110, Imperium wrote:
In post 334, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I was actually going to make a post about the second one, but realized a flaw in my logic.
Clumsy, what were you going to say here and what was the flaw in your logic?

(As an aside, I like this post - I do think that Tywin occasionally has a tone that comes across as fake and his many words over not knowing the DBZ flavor certainly plays into that, and I think the nuance in having a reason for pushing him but letting it go from expressing it is nicely faked if he's scum here.)

I was going to point out that my win condition says nothing about being
Tywin wrote:'against' freeza and his generals, whoever the fuck that is.
But the flaw being the little flavor blurb could say "Freeza and his generals" just as likely as him knowing they are referred to as such because he was one of them. Also, we have a Sample VT PM in the opening posts, so he would have seen the win condition there.

-Clumsy
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Both Shaz and I are liking Imperium's ISO dives, but we also had the same feeling that it may not be a great read because it is defending us (and we're going to be more likely to like it because of that).
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by MariaR »

Another game where Maria gets lynched Day 1 when will people learn my scum games are better then that smh
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Socrates »

About Fakeclaims: The guy in the sample PM was a minor Freeza's goon yet is listed as earthling aligned. Unless there's some specific moment that makes that make sense that I'm forgetting, alignment looks independent of flavor.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Yeah no I think Vegeta wrecked him as soon as he got on Namek

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah Appule is just one of Freeza's men. I just assumed he used Appule because the "good" characters were a little limited.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 1139, Clumsy wrote:Yeah Appule is just one of Freeza's men. I just assumed he used Appule because the "good" characters were a little limited.
-sigh-
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1138, Majiffy wrote:Yeah no I think Vegeta wrecked him as soon as he got on Namek
Maj, I have whipped up a quick survey I would like you to fill out at your earliest convenience:

Spoiler:
if you could summarize the Phoenix wagon in one word, which word would
best
match your opinion?

A: Good
B: Bad
C: Ugly
D: Indifferent
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Post by Majiffy »

D

||
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1136, MariaR wrote:Another game where Maria gets lynched Day 1 when will people learn my scum games are better then that smh
Every time you say that I get the urge to vote you. Every single time. How is that any different that than "We are a lynchbait and I always look scummy"?? AtE is OVERRATED. At least it doesn't bode well at this end, unless there is PROOF that it's genuine. Please get to playing the game and leave out the nonsense.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:15 am

Post by Not Chara »

i could lynch any of Clumsy, Maria, zefiend, and Alisae.
who is townreading these players and why?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

the more time elapses the less I feel like lynching Clumsy and the more I feel like Maria is cornered Scum.

VOTE: Maria

I could also vote Socrates, but if Maria flips Scum I think he's in the clear. This should be a much more informative lynch AND is also the one I feel more likely to be on Scum.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Desperado »

i also think a Maria scumflip looks good for clumsy
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1144, Not Chara wrote:i could lynch any of Clumsy, Maria, zefiend, and Alisae.
who is townreading these players and why?
zefs response to me calling out his "pings" seemed town even if I had to prod him to get those thoughts
;)
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:07 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Players who have disappeared and done nothing to find scum lately: Majiff, Alisae, Zefiend

Coincidence? If Majiff flips scum down the line, I will be saying 'I told you so.' That guy never got ISOd by anyone, or they'd SR him too
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Neverrrrmind. I'm a page behind. He's still scum tho, but I'm wrong with the disappearing thing.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Vifam »

So MariaR is scummy because of flavor?
ok

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”