Newbie 1779 | Spring | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 3.03

Alisae
(1): Dogwatch
ThinkBig
(1): Alisae

Not Voting
: ChrisOrmie, Icy, oldwino, ThinkBig
With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-04-16 13:00:00)

<(") | (")>
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Icy »

In post 1498, oldwino wrote:
Icy, I very much want to know what you're thinking, if you've had time to reread Mastina.
Yes I have, three times now.

I'm confident Alisae is Scum, though I'm not sure who her partner is.

Really up in the air with Chris. I know Mastina said Lemons exit was scummy, but I'm still having trouble seeing that as scummier than the others that left the game. She also scum read him for going after her, but that seems normal for a townee being attacked, however I do see scum Chris doing that. I was sure that was Scum vs Town.

Im still reading the Grey/TB slot as town. I thought you were scum with Mastina. (in hindsight that partnership looks foolish) In any case reading you as town. Dog is still a coin toss for me, leaning more likely town.

Holding off my vote till we hear from Thinkbig and Chris.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 am

Post by oldwino »

@ Icy, OK, I agree Alisae is top scum read. Really go back and forth between TB and Chris with Dog as an outside scum possibility. I thought Dog was paired with Mastina (hahaha) so Mastina's flip makes Dog lean town for me, but not totally. Hey, it's not much better than a coin toss. I might play my next game with a pair of dice and see what happens. I'll try hard to check back later in the day - company coming late afternoon with lots of prep to do, but we're not in a hurry.
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:12 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

Not completed my ISO, but Dog feels a lot more town when I looked at their interactions on d2.

Ali's push on Grey worries me, as does how quickly Grey exited the game. I really don't know what to think about that whole interaction, I think one of those two slots has to be scum because it just doesn't seem TvT at all. RC's push on Smith felt genuine, but he is good enough to do that as scum too.

Wino feels town, good tone, good analysis. The buddying of Icy worries me a little, but I don't think that is AI on it's own. I like how they don't feel comfortable with my slot after the Mastina lynch, scum would have pushed me harder but they stick to their own reads and observations.

I think that Ali/Grey interaction was not TvT, so I think we have to lynch one of those two today. Dog's vote is on Ali, and both Icy and Wino seem happy to vote there. It makes me think that both Ali and TB might be our scum after all.

Intent to vote Alisae

@Icy How confident are you on TB being town?
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Icy »

In post 1503, ChrisOrmie wrote:
Not 100%, maybe around 90%. I'm having trouble believing Scum Grey was so disconnected from the game. Other thing is Grey claimed he never buses (i'm not sure that's true, but it seemed sincere). At this point you are the only viable partner for TB, and grey voted Lemon/you late on day 1. Add that to Mastinas read on Grey! If the slot was town, then the slot is still town.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Icy »

@Alisae With your scum team blown up, your still going after TB. You seem to be the only person not reevaluating your game.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:47 am

Post by oldwino »

I'm not so confident in Grey/TB being town, and Mastina's reads were not very good on D1, but I trust her final analysis as much as I can trust anyone's. My sheeping of Icy is because I know he is town and his analysis all the way through was logical etc. I'll go along with an Alisae lynch but am not in any rush and may not be able to get back on again today.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Alisae »

Nothing I'm going to say is going to change anyone's minds.
GG scum win.
GTKAS
| here.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1503, ChrisOrmie wrote:Not completed my ISO, but Dog feels a lot more town when I looked at their interactions on d2.

Ali's push on Grey worries me, as does how quickly Grey exited the game. I really don't know what to think about that whole interaction, I think one of those two slots has to be scum because it just doesn't seem TvT at all. RC's push on Smith felt genuine, but he is good enough to do that as scum too.

Wino feels town, good tone, good analysis. The buddying of Icy worries me a little, but I don't think that is AI on it's own. I like how they don't feel comfortable with my slot after the Mastina lynch, scum would have pushed me harder but they stick to their own reads and observations.

I think that Ali/Grey interaction was not TvT, so I think we have to lynch one of those two today. Dog's vote is on Ali, and both Icy and Wino seem happy to vote there. It makes me think that both Ali and TB might be our scum after all.

Intent to vote Alisae

You came in the game having a strong TR on Alisae and successfully got the wagon off of him and onto mastina. You even mentioned that you still have a TR on him earlier today. What changed?
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1503, ChrisOrmie wrote:Not completed my ISO, but Dog feels a lot more town when I looked at their interactions on d2.

Intent to vote Alisae

Like, having a strong TR on me. And then posting this.
This is basicly a scumclaim. This is scum distancing from TB in mylo.
But it's doesn't matter. Because nothing I say changes anything.
At all.
GTKAS
| here.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1507, Alisae wrote:Nothing I'm going to say is going to change anyone's minds.
GG scum win.
I'm not a fan of this AtE. If you are town, don't give up. If you are scum, then please continue beating a dead horse.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Alisae »

No way a meta push on someone is a SvS.
Just no.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1510, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 1507, Alisae wrote:Nothing I'm going to say is going to change anyone's minds.
GG scum win.
I'm not a fan of this AtE. If you are town, don't give up. If you are scum, then please continue beating a dead horse.
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME?
GTKAS
| here.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1509, Alisae wrote:

Intent to vote Alisae

At all.
Yeah because my scum buddy totally distance by voting for someone else. :lol:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Alisae »

Everyone is just in a fucking deathtunnel on me. And there really isn't any way for me to work around the tunnels.
TB think of mastina's game for a second.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1513, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 1509, Alisae wrote:

Intent to vote Alisae

At all.
Yeah because my scum buddy totally distance by voting for someone else. :lol:
You saying you think he would bus you here if Chris was your scumbuddy?
GTKAS
| here.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 am

Post by DogWatch »

Chris's sudden progression from town!Ali to scum!Ali feels ungenuine, like it's a last ditch attempt to distance himself from a scum buddy who he knows is about to be lynched. That might seem too obvious, but what else is he plausibly going to do? Notice how he hints at the turn by asking Icy "you still think it's Alisae?" and soon after saying "I'm getting scared it's Ali." It's like he's planting little seeds to show that he really did have a legitimate progression in his change of opinion. But something about it feels fake to me.

It does look fishy that Chris and Ali have been fairly buddy-buddy ever since Chris replaced in, but have separated the moment I named them as the scum team.

We now have Chris intending to vote Alisae, and Alisae calling Chris out for scum-claiming.

But why doesn't Alisae vote Chris then?
Why stay on ThinkBig? He claims it "doesn't matter" but it does. If you're town, do you want to win this or not? It's just appeal to emotion. He's trying to look like defeated town who no longer cares in the hopes we'll move our attention elsewhere.
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:52 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

In post 1516, DogWatch wrote:Chris's sudden progression from town!Ali to scum!Ali feels ungenuine, like it's a last ditch attempt to distance himself from a scum buddy who he knows is about to be lynched. That might seem too obvious, but what else is he plausibly going to do? Notice how he hints at the turn by asking Icy "you still think it's Alisae?" and soon after saying "I'm getting scared it's Ali." It's like he's planting little seeds to show that he really did have a legitimate progression in his change of opinion. But something about it feels fake to me.

It does look fishy that Chris and Ali have been fairly buddy-buddy ever since Chris replaced in, but have separated the moment I named them as the scum team.

We now have Chris intending to vote Alisae, and Alisae calling Chris out for scum-claiming.

But why doesn't Alisae vote Chris then?
Why stay on ThinkBig? He claims it "doesn't matter" but it does. If you're town, do you want to win this or not? It's just appeal to emotion. He's trying to look like defeated town who no longer cares in the hopes we'll move our attention elsewhere.
Good post, town post. I was trying to get Ali to respond and jump on me, but he seems way too fixated on TB to pay attention. Best thing is that even though I didn't get the conformation that Ali was town, I shifted a townlean into Town thanks to the above response.

Icy reads these two slots opposite to me, so I wanted to see if I could get some responses to see if I could see what Icy was seeing. I don't like blindly sheeping, but when a confTown reads the game differently to me then I force myself to try and view the game from their pov. Ali was way more undecided and nervy in our last game (where he was town), here he doesn't feel the same and his tone is way different. He calls me scum, but no vote, and no appeals to others like I'd expect from a town slot. In fact the only "scumhunting" the slot has done was on Grey, despite Mastina and Icy (both confTown at this stage) reading that slot as town.
Ride forth you merry gentlemen of yore and tell the lords of Hades that we come for to claim their heads in the names of vengeance and righteousness!
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:19 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1497, ChrisOrmie wrote:
In post 1489, Alisae wrote:Hey Chris, why do you TR me?
RC day 1, your scumhunting of Grey, overall tone,
and your similar to the last game where you were town.
In post 1517, ChrisOrmie wrote:Ali was way more undecided and nervy in our last game (where he was town),
here he doesn't feel the same and his tone is way different.
He calls me scum, but no vote, and no appeals to others like I'd expect from a town slot. In fact the only "scumhunting" the slot has done was on Grey, despite Mastina and Icy (both confTown at this stage) reading that slot as town.
Explain this, because it looks like a blatant contradiction in your assessment of Alisae.
ChrisOrmie
ChrisOrmie
Goon
ChrisOrmie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:39 am

Post by ChrisOrmie »

Confbias from the last game. I came into this game liking RC (I normally townread them) and off the back of playing with AliTownPR. First thing I saw was a confident read on Grey and from that point on I didn't really look for any scum-motivation for his posts. Mastina was also pushing the slot and I didn't agree with her analysis, which confirmed Ali as town for me, but now post flip I have had to reread what Mastina had to say and coupled with Icy being confident TB is town, then that changes a lot of how I read Ali in this game.

In between those two posts I ISO'd RC/Mastina/TB/Ali and their interactions with me. That's when the tone changed and I remembered how different he actually was at MYLO compared to here. Overall the feel is similar but when comparing both MYLOs then there is a huge difference, but the stance Ali is taking is way different, he's actually jumping into the spotlight and not shying away. Add in the fact that they claim to now scumread me but no FOS, no vote, no intent... just continuing to try and build a wagon on TB when the rest don't seem to be entertaining that. Tbh I'd be more worried if my reads didn't change after the Mastina flip... I'm obviously playing poorly in this game, so trying to see what Icy is seeing as at least his motivations are pure. I'm prepared to ride his coattails to the win since I've just fucked things up so far. Without me, Ali is the lynch yesterday not Mastina, and we'd probably be in a far better situation right now.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1514, Alisae wrote:Everyone is just in a fucking deathtunnel on me. And there really isn't any way for me to work around the tunnels.
TB think of mastina's game for a second.
Funny that you bring up mastina's game. You complain about everyone death tunneling you and yet you don't stop to think that this is what you have been doing the moment you replaced in. You voted Grey and continued pushing him and me. You have made no attempt to solve the game except by saying "Grey/TB is scum."

Alisae, you are better than this and you know it. Newsflash: There are two scums in this game. You have not even attempted to try to find the second one up until recently when you called Chris scum.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 am

Post by DogWatch »

It looks to me like Chris is painting himself into a corner. If the Alisae lynch goes through and he flips scum, where does Chris realistically go from there? He town reads everyone else in the game.

He won't vote Icy obviously.

He feels confident that wino is town. Same with me.

The only other option is TB, but right now Chris' reasons for voting Alisae involve Icy's opinion of TB, as well as Alisae's push on TB. Kind of awkward to find Alisae's push on TB suspicious if they're scum together.

It's Chris and Alisae, folks.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:20 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1521, DogWatch wrote:It looks to me like Chris is painting himself into a corner. If the Alisae lynch goes through and he flips scum, where does Chris realistically go from there? He town reads everyone else in the game.
I agree with this. The way that he got the wagon off of Alisae and was hard town reading him up until now feels like a last minute effort to save his scum buddy. Now that he realizes his scum buddy is going to get lynched, the only thing he has left to do to save the game for him is to bus him.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:22 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Alisae/Chris is the only team that makes sense.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:23 am

Post by ThinkBig »

VOTE: Alisae

I'm happy lynching here or lynching Chris.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”