PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 455, RadiantCowbells wrote:you're fucking dumb if you haven't realized that I was the reason we won that, replaced out or not
I'm fucking dumb, if this is the barometer we are using.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 521, Toogeloo wrote:I'd like to point out that PV is riding out this wagon on him as we further discuss this and other things. He needs more votes and I see him more likely to be scum the more he hides from the pressure.
It would please me greatly for you to point out the process by which I am "hiding from pressure" and "riding out this wagon".
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 362, alban wrote:Tywin, i am fairly confident that you won't gather enough traction to lynch me. More or less the same reasons that you mention about yourself. So, i am not gonna defend myself. But i was wondering about what you said about knowing me. Have we played in a game where I was a scum? Which behaviour of mine reminded you of the scum!me?

Farside, yes, i agree that all games start like this. And many games continue like this. But I am old school. Few days ago, i read a post from an old timer on one of the topics, that how the main difference between earlier games/players and those of today, is absence of lengthy wall posts, as a result of which how common it is now a days to find games going for 100+ pages.

Even before reading that, I was tired of this play style, where you wake up and the game has suddenly gone ahead by 10 pages. I can't deal with it. Which is why my replace out rate is high. But in all my games now a days, I try to point this out, and hope that someone listens. In this game for example, i like the way tywin writes. His posts are few, lengthy and high on synthesis. Not a torrent of thoughts that go nowhere.

One of the few games where lengthy, wall posts were practised was my newbie game (forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65590). I never found it again if memory serves right.
There is an attention span issue that occurs that when wall posts are written, they are unread. It makes me generally not write them anymore.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 371, alban wrote:I have no substantial reads on anyone for justifying my suspicion, so all I can go by right now is the tone and the way people have framed their posts.
Would like to hear your current reads and the source of them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Slight prod dodge. Just started a new job this week so I've been getting used to my new schedule. Expect something more substantive today or tomorrow.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 525, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 455, RadiantCowbells wrote:you're fucking dumb if you haven't realized that I was the reason we won that, replaced out or not
I'm fucking dumb, if this is the barometer we are using.
Already knew that considering you were sitting on me that entire game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Edosurist »

Hey guys. I'm alive. Been busy. Promise I'll look at this in the next couple days.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 527, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 362, alban wrote:Tywin, i am fairly confident that you won't gather enough traction to lynch me. More or less the same reasons that you mention about yourself. So, i am not gonna defend myself. But i was wondering about what you said about knowing me. Have we played in a game where I was a scum? Which behaviour of mine reminded you of the scum!me?

Farside, yes, i agree that all games start like this. And many games continue like this. But I am old school. Few days ago, i read a post from an old timer on one of the topics, that how the main difference between earlier games/players and those of today, is absence of lengthy wall posts, as a result of which how common it is now a days to find games going for 100+ pages.

Even before reading that, I was tired of this play style, where you wake up and the game has suddenly gone ahead by 10 pages. I can't deal with it. Which is why my replace out rate is high. But in all my games now a days, I try to point this out, and hope that someone listens. In this game for example, i like the way tywin writes. His posts are few, lengthy and high on synthesis. Not a torrent of thoughts that go nowhere.

One of the few games where lengthy, wall posts were practised was my newbie game (forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65590). I never found it again if memory serves right.
There is an attention span issue that occurs that when wall posts are written, they are unread. It makes me generally not write them anymore.
Ditto, or at least I try not to anymore. It's natural for me to say more than say less, but I always realize nobody reads my walls except maybe scum trying to pin a case on me. Town almost never do, unless they're the wall post-types themselves, which is a minority of players.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 am

So if Wheme is town, he may have a point about toogeloo. I don't see them as partners at the very least, and my thoughts are that because they're both SRs right now, flipping the right one will confirm the other, assuming one is scum. If they're both town, then it's not gonna work, but I only have a select few real SRs thus far, and the rest look townie enough to not be in my lynch pool. My dilemma is picking which one, and based on play alone, I still think it's Wheme. The real difference to think opposite of that is the tone and the way Wheme is pushing toogeloo, while toogeloo pushes absolutely nobody. Town don't sit back doing nothing like toogeloo has. His entire game has been based on a WIFOM claim where either he's the D1 lynch or never gets lynched/vigi shot ever again, yet he's not worried about being lynched, doesn't push his scum reads (the two that he even mentioned, and he didn't say scum, just 'suspicious'), and he isn't playing for win con if town. He doesn't strike me as a clueless or bad player either, since his entire argument is based on making the optimal lynches for each day. Therefore, Wheme gets town points and toogeloo does not.

I just can't shake the feeling that Wheme is scum, but if toogeloo calls him town, then I'll probably be moving to toogeloo. A scum toogeloo flip will confirm Wheme is town IMO. On the flip side though, what scum would claim Miller on D1? That's a pretty big gamble IMO. It would have to be a calculated move.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:16 am

I could also move on Alban once I get into this game and actually ISO him, but I haven't yet and won't vote without a case. PeregrinV doesn't look scummy enough for me to join that wagon. I don't see it yet.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm not pushing my biggest scum reads because I am a team player and we really don't need 6 different people with one vote a piece on them. I'm willing to wagon someone I don't town read if it gets us somewhere though.

Seriously though... you give me shit for calling out Dunnstral, then you give me shit for not calling out anyone. Last vote count was a third of the game ago, back on page 14, but if I knew for certain you had some votes, I'd be all over voting you for your massive misreps.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I can't tell if you are trying to hold me to a higher standard because of my claim, or if you are just trying to keep me sullied because of it. This is how I play mafia, and it hasn't changed in over a decade. I don't headline, I support. I town read first, and scum hunt second.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 533, Tywin Lannister wrote:So if Wheme is town, he may have a point about toogeloo. I don't see them as partners at the very least, and my thoughts are that because they're both SRs right now, flipping the right one will confirm the other, assuming one is scum. If they're both town, then it's not gonna work, but I only have a select few real SRs thus far, and the rest look townie enough to not be in my lynch pool. My dilemma is picking which one, and based on play alone, I still think it's Wheme. The real difference to think opposite of that is the tone and the way Wheme is pushing toogeloo, while toogeloo pushes absolutely nobody. Town don't sit back doing nothing like toogeloo has. His entire game has been based on a WIFOM claim where either he's the D1 lynch or never gets lynched/vigi shot ever again, yet he's not worried about being lynched, doesn't push his scum reads (the two that he even mentioned, and he didn't say scum, just 'suspicious'), and he isn't playing for win con if town. He doesn't strike me as a clueless or bad player either, since his entire argument is based on making the optimal lynches for each day. Therefore, Wheme gets town points and toogeloo does not.

I just can't shake the feeling that Wheme is scum, but if toogeloo calls him town, then I'll probably be moving to toogeloo. A scum toogeloo flip will confirm Wheme is town IMO. On the flip side though, what scum would claim Miller on D1? That's a pretty big gamble IMO. It would have to be a calculated move.
Firebringer did it in a game once and won as scum
Im a dog that quacks
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I don't think too is same kind of player as me though.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

I'm just saying that scum can claim miller. It's been done before
Im a dog that quacks
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am more bugged by alban this game than Tywin.
VOTE: Alban

Questions for Alban:
What do you think about Tywin as of this moment?
What do you think of Wheme x Toog?
What do you think of RC x Dreal?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 539, WhemeStar wrote:I'm just saying that scum can claim miller. It's been done before
Yeah, I don't think we should rule him out for claim. Thats not really indicative, i just think its less likely toog would do it as scum. My experience with him as scum is he plays it closer to the ground and more safe.

Miller is pretty shitty thing to claim as scum tbh.
I do it because no one expects it, while still knowing its not optimal play.
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Fire are you scum bro
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In my last game with toog, he also was kind of same way he was here and got pressured for it.
He was a mason.

And basically had to out the other mason as a result.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 542, RadiantCowbells wrote:Fire are you scum bro
No
Show

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:16 pm

In post 536, Toogeloo wrote:I can't tell if you are trying to hold me to a higher standard because of my claim, or if you are just trying to keep me sullied because of it. This is how I play mafia, and it hasn't changed in over a decade. I don't headline, I support. I town read first, and scum hunt second.
Since you're scum reading me, and would love to OMGUS apparently if I had voted you could sheep, apparently you're way of gaining reads aren't 100% accurate. If you're this experienced, then you should understand my suspicions on you and where I'm going with it. Town tend to play a certain way, and scum tend to play a certain way, and the outliers either get solved with past meta or they're just a minority type that doesn't really affect the general consensus. You're play doesn't feel like town to me anymore than Wheme's does, but Wheme IS pushing you. You are NOT pushing Dunnestral. Big difference.

Also, I called you out when you voted him, because you claim Miller, but then say 'this guy claims he's not town! Super scum!' It's hypocritical at best, and the reason is that a town player claiming Miller means town should trust them off of what... the fact that most scum wouldn't claim Miller. On the flip side, what scum would claim they aren't town on D1? That just doesn't happen, and there's FAR less of a chance of Dunn being scum claiming third party than you being scum claiming Miller. Any investigation on you fails than. Any on them does not. Your ONLY push was weak af and was a placeholder vote to begin with, but it was on a player that frankly doesn't look like scum. IMO, the only reason you'd choose him over anyone else in the game is because he looked like an easy target that a scum with only fake reads could latch onto. That's it. Your other reads didn't even call anyone scum, but then you claim you'd LOVE to vote me if others would do the work for you. You're scummier and scummier with every post, but I've been trying to give you a chance to explain yourself. Unlike Wheme, I interact with my reads just in case I'm wrong, which is always possible. Your responses have not been the kind of expect from town though, and your overall play outside of your responses to my questions/statements has been lacking substance imo. It doesn't look like town.

Hell, even when I asked for reads, you gave a couple TRs and then said 'Tywin and horror look suspicious.' You didn't even call us scum. What the hell is that about? Dunn wasn't called scum either. So you're not scum hunting, have no scum reads, have like two or three town reads, and claim everyone else is so completely null that you can't be bothered to comment.

I'll ISO you when I get home from work, and my guess is I'll be voting you unless you change my mind for some reason. Telling me you wish you could OMGUS vote me by following the crowd like normal scum would isn't going to do it.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Jesus typos. Your* not you're. Votes not voted. Etc. I hate autocorrect.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Toog is kinda obvious town and I'm going to veto the shit out of that lynch.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am obvious town.
Show

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 pm

In post 543, Firebringer wrote:In my last game with toog, he also was kind of same way he was here and got pressured for it.
He was a mason.

And basically had to out the other mason as a result.
Wel he already claimed Miller, so why can't he claim his full role? If all the mod PM'd him was verbatim 'Miller,' then he got trolled.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”