[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Thank you BV.
I will do that in morning 6-7 hours

GN for real now
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by nancy »

None of you got it right but that's okay!
Spoiler:
{Srceenplay, WhyMafia}
{Tes}
{}
{Aristophanes}
{Aslan, Noodle}
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by nancy »

Aristophanes the gamestate is this:

I am claimed Doctor. Void is claimed Tracker. Town is in virtual autowin, and yet final scum refuses to give up for reasons unknown, so we're forced to go about it the slow way.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Damn! My first list was way closer!
I should have stayed with it!

Woohoo! Virtual Autowin! :)
We'll get there easily enough :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by nancy »

Spoiler:
In post 2398, Srceenplay wrote:nancy read list

BV
nancy
Chronicle
SN
Srceenplay
Alisea
Tess
Whymafia
In post 2409, Alisae wrote:TRs

nancy
BV
Noodle
Srceen
Chronicle
WhyMafia
TesXX
Me

SRs
In post 2435, WhyMafia wrote:BlackVoid
Noodle, Aslan
Tes
Loopdan, Chron
Srceenplay and myself
In post 2550, TesXX wrote:
confTown

BlackVoid, nancy
Town

Aristophanes
StealthyNoodle
Townish

TesXX
This is the area where I forgot nancy's reads on someone

WhyMafia
Scumlean

Srceenplay
Alisae
In post 2553, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2548, Aristophanes wrote:nancy's reads:

Town
nancy
BlackVoid
Ari
WhyMafia
TesXX
Screenplay
Alisae
Noodle
Scum
Fixed (a bit)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Ari wats your read on me?
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by nancy »

That was fun!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

That was indeed fun!

Alisae, I have no clue. I'll actually read you soon though, promise <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2578, Aristophanes wrote:Damn! My first list was way closer!
I should have stayed with it!

Woohoo! Virtual Autowin! :)
We'll get there easily enough :)
I hope you replaced into a Town slot :D
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@TesXX, how do you go from here:
In post 812, TesXX wrote:since nancy is almost definitely BP, I highly doubt it.
to knowing that nancy was a doc D2? Was that entirely based on the lack of a kill?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

As far as StealthyNoodle is concerned, I like and I think he describes Pine's wall fairly accurately and I could see it coming from the perspective of a townie unimpressed with the IC who went after him. I also very much like and . I'm a little weirded out by the soft PR claim in and I don't see why a newbie playing his first game would assume he won't get lynched. @StealthyNoodle, if you have experience playing mafia on any other sites, I'd like to see it to compare. Drixx's is a pretty strong indicator towards Noodle-town though. It almost seems like Drixx is trying to figure out if Noodle is the Doc or the BP because of his "I won't get lynched" soft-claim and is planning to put him at L-1 to find out which it is. He hides it under the guise of saying that Noodle is showing "bravado." Unless Drixx is deviously good at manipulating fake-interactions, this as good as locks StealthyNoodle as town. I find to be fairly understandable and he seems to think that nancy was scum for jumping onto the Pine push which explains his switching over from Pine to nancy.

Will also note that I thought Chronicle's defense of StealthyNoodle and attack of nancy came across as genuine right before the point where I replaced in.

I also forgot to mention: Loopdan continuing to push nancy because he thought StealthyNoodle was a PR is a pretty big towntell.

I'm going to take a break and start catching up from page 34 onwards. Unless something hugely changes, my reads from towniest to scummiest are Alisae -> StealthyNoodle -> Chronicle/Aristo -> TesXX -> Srceenplay -> WhyMafia. The most evidence points to WhyMafia as scum. But there's something about StealthyNoodle's D2 posting where it seemed like he was buddying me so I'll try to explore that as well as wait on Src's responses and Aristo just getting himself into the game and posting reads.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2576, nancy wrote:None of you got it right but that's okay! {Srceenplay, WhyMafia}
{Tes}
{}
{Aristophanes}
{Aslan, Noodle}
Just to be perfectly clear, the top is the scummiest and bottom is the towniest, right? If so, we're pretty much on the same page.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

BV you're basicly TRing me for my predecessors play, is that right?
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, pretty much.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

And my play is?
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Your play is null. Why are you so interested in what I think of your play anyways? You already know my alignment so I can't see it being a useful question to sort me.

I do want to know where your townread on WhyMafia comes from though. He seems the most likely to be scum and you haven't made any push towards him at all.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

I'm interested to know because I really don't understand why you are disregarding nancy's read on me, whom is probably the best person to be able to read me on this table.

WhyMafia made some posts that seemed towny, but I the thing is like, they raised a shitton of red flags. It's not something I'm feeling that confident in pushing, hence why I haven't pushed it.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2586, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 2576, nancy wrote:None of you got it right but that's okay! {Srceenplay, WhyMafia}
{Tes}
{}
{Aristophanes}
{Aslan, Noodle}
Just to be perfectly clear, the top is the scummiest and bottom is the towniest, right? If so, we're pretty much on the same page.
Do you think I am votelocked on my townread?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

But why is it relevant that you don't understand it? What exactly are you worried about from a town-POV? You know I'm town and I'm correctly townreading you. Your questions are actually weirding me out because it seems you are worried about whether I have some secret scumread of you and intend to track you tonight and you are probing to see the basis of my townread.

Can you link WhyMafia's towny posts?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2592, nancy wrote:Do you think I am votelocked on my townread?
Nah, just kidding. Our reads are basically opposite to each other. Either one of us is wildly wrong or we're both nullreading the scum.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2593, BlackVoid wrote:But why is it relevant that you don't understand it? What exactly are you worried about from a town-POV? You know I'm town and I'm correctly townreading you. Your questions are actually weirding me out because it seems you are worried about whether I have some secret scumread of you and intend to track you tonight and you are probing to see the basis of my townread.

Can you link WhyMafia's towny posts?
Yeah, I'm a scum mastermind that's trying to manipulate you to track me because why? Especially considering nancy specificly said to me "If there is a no kill [assumption: scum is not lynched today] then I am powerlynching you." That doesn't make any sense. You alright? My scumgame isn't even good enough to try to manipulate people that way.

I don't understand it because I don't get why you aren't trying to engage nancy on why you think she's wrong and you're right. Not to mention she has experience with me, whereas this is your first game with me. Wouldn't it make a bit more sense to atleast attempt to hear out nancy and try to explain to her why she's wrong?

This is litterally where I explained my WhyMafia read.
In post 1968, Alisae wrote:
Spoiler: WhyMafia
In post 24, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 17, nancy wrote: I'm scum this game Pine.
Confirmed scum
VOTE: Nancy
In post 33, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 31, nancy wrote:Yep, OMGUS = Oh My God You Suck.

It's basically voting someone simply because they voted you. You can also for instance OMGUS scumread someone, which is scumreading someone simply because they scumread you. So I OMGUS voted you.
Oh I am stupid. I thought you were calling me out for OMGUS

@Nancy why should I trust you and remove my vote on you
In post 83, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 77, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 58, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 56, Srceenplay wrote:@WhyMafia
I am helping.
What do you think about Loopdan?
First post was legit, kinda confused why he changed his vote in his next post.
So you overlooked him by mistake.
His vote change is confusing to you.
His vote on stealthynoodle by your reasoning deserves him being voted.

Help me vote him then.
You can ask him questions to try and get unconfused.

VOTE: Loopdan
Yea he's viable to look into.
Loopdan, explain your vote
VOTE: Loopdan
In post 176, WhyMafia wrote:Why are we debating his alignment when he's not even lurking - he hasn't logged on since the game started. This is wasting time to find scum, unless we're using this to gauge reactions.

But idk I'm bad at mafia
In post 194, WhyMafia wrote:Reads list
Tes - Not certain, apart from suggesting Bp strat, he hasn't done much. Could be a gamble as he looks Town by suggesting it, but it's becoming fairly common (from what I can tell by what others said), so if he was scum, he might as well look as best as possible.
Chronicle - Neutral. Similar to Tes he defended the bp strat quite vigorously as well as the inactive. He hasn't really done anything that screams "TOWN", but seems to be trying to help find scum (pressuring others into participating with the strat that usually finds scum).
Loop - Town, didn't work against the strat and also helped pressure others. This is more of a vibe I guess
Nancy - Scum lean. Starts out with going out for an aggressive counter to the strat. Proceeds to say it won't help new players learn. However most of the new players seem to not mind using this strategy. If there's a cop, look into her please.
Pine - Not enough posts to judge with, but made a valid point
Screenplay - Neutral, slightly miffed he's pushing me, but it's my fault for missing loopdens post. I want his reads before saying anything conclusive. Idk how it's considered lurking, we all have outside lives. If I wanted to lurk, I wouldn't have replied "a few hours" in the first place. Seems to be aggressive against the new player, some of it deserved, but I don't trust him fully. Maybe I'm just biased.
Stealthy - Scum lean - I'm having trouble with quotes, so I'll refer to post numbers
79/89 - Says that he agrees with Nancy that the strat isn't good for new players, but proceeds to say by not supporting it, she has a higher possibility of scum. It seems to me that she's braver than you and posted her opinion while you just want to look good to town. You're a hypocrite. Stating that you agree with what she said, but those words make her a scum read to you makes no sense. Even tho she didn't cooperate, you should've stuck to what you believed in lol. While I don't necessarily consider her as pro town, you make her seem so much better. You could be bussing her idk.
94 - Again, you agree with her ... what makes you vs her different? That she took a more direct stance? If the majority of the players said that this strat was bad and she was the only who argued it was good, I think you wouldn't have gone along with this strategy xd

I hope what I just said made sense, it probably didn't knowing me. Anyways, go analyze this now
In post 206, WhyMafia wrote:@nancy

Why are you so sure pine is town? He made only a few posts and they were simply to defend you. I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning
In post 208, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 207, Srceenplay wrote:Your poor me I'm bad AtE is scumy. You trying to find made up reason as evidence to vote someone is scumy.
A) Who are you talking in regards to that post
B) what does "your poor me I'm bad AtE is scummy mean

Is this some mafiascum lingo
In post 210, WhyMafia wrote:Oh ok

I was unaware mentioning emotions was scummy. I'll keep that in mind. So of all the people who posted you think I'm scummy bc I was referring to a comment made about my skill?
In post 222, WhyMafia wrote:I personally think pine is worth looking into -
He begins by heavily defending Nancy and proceeds to leave

In addition, I would have to say Nancy has a higher chance of scum than stealthy atm. She repeatedly appeals to my emotions, making me want to trust her. My other reasoning in on my reads list from page 8. I don't feel like repeating all of it. Just go check. That being said, I do appreciate what you said Nancy xd.
In post 356, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 355, Pine wrote:Hi all! Thank you mod for cutting me some slack, I've largely been absent from the site for several days due to real life issues. I'm catching up right now.
When you finish reading up, reads list please

VOTE: SrceenPlay
I just don't buy him. He advocated a Pine lynch for reasons that are absolute garbage + I am biased towards him XD
In post 412, WhyMafia wrote:Meant to include this sorry VOTE: SrceenPlay
You tried to get Pine killed and now you seem very defensive over it. Your latest response (well I'm not voting him) seems to be whining. I feel as though you were hoping to put pressure on someone else, and quickly back off if it doesn't work out.
I'm not sure if I explained this right, if someone's confused just tell me
In post 459, WhyMafia wrote:@nancy
Lots have happened since you last gave any definite reads. Can you re-affirm who you believe is suspicious/town to you?
In post 607, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 604, nancy wrote:
In post 601, WhyMafia wrote:This places me in a conomdrum.
What conundrum are you referring to?

@src talk to me about 595 please. Why do you not care about being on a wagon with WM? Why are you wagoning Chronicle? You appear to be scumreading both WM and Chronicle, yet abandon the larger WM wagon to join WM in forming a new Chronicle wagon. Why? What are your reads?

VOTE: srceenplay
Bc I seem like I'm scum
I realize how bad this looks now, but I kinda used a tos strat :/
In post 709, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 436, TesXX wrote:
In post 435, WhyMafia wrote:Tes, who do you think are good lynch targets right now?
And who would you say are your solid town reads?
The town reads I'm still working on right now. My suspicions are nancy and Srceen right now.
You said this 6 days ago. Post your reads list as your next post or die scum. I'm tired of you focusing only on setup. That only gets us so far, and makes you seem all towny. I want explanations as well.
VOTE: Tes
In post 1062, WhyMafia wrote:
Town = Nancy, BlackVoid

Town Lean = Nobody :/

Unsure = Stealthy, Chronicle

Scum Lean = Loopdan, SrceenPlay, Tes

Scum = Drixx
In post 1119, WhyMafia wrote:VOTE: SrceenPlay
Die scum
24 - RVS vote that seems scummy honestly. Like easy to do but it's RVS so it doesn't matter.
33 - That question sorta goes nowhere on page 2
83 - Town driven vote.
176 - Honestly this seems town motivated here, mostly because he's annoyed that people are hunting Pine when he's not doing anything. Like, from what I'm getting it seems like he wants to try to get people to hunt on who is posting rather then who isn't, and he thinks lurking here isn't a scumtell. And that's fine. Though Pine did flip scum, so it's also possible he's trying to drive attention away from the lurkers.
194 - The Tes read is bad. That strat is ultimately NAI. Hate the posture around it. I like the analysis on Chronicle, and Pine. I don't get the nancy read at all though.
206 - Good questions
208 - Pointing out Srceen's unreasonability here is towny.
210 - Reads like "Oh, I just made a mistake, haha pay no attention here" but I also like the question here's asking here and like how he's pointing out how unreasonable Srceen is.
222 - This is just in general a good post that I like.
356 - THIS GUY GETS IT!
412 - THIS GUY GETS IT!
459 - This seems town driven to me.
607 - This backtrack is something I honestly think would come from town rather then scum.
709 - Good vote and just in general a good post.
1062 - I find it strange he's not voting Drixx at this time given this read list?
1119 - Yeah, especailly after this vote. Why was he going for people that aren't Drixx?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like, nancy is town. You're town. I'm also town.
Why aren't we working together to solve the game?
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by nancy »

WhyMafia is Town because and , Srceenplay is Town because . Tes is Town because he ignored Pine's request to stop the Tracker claim. Ari is possibly scum Chronicle flipped his reads momentarily and tried to push a CW with Drixx in . Aslan may be scum because he's given up and town!Aslan doesn't replace into nancy's last game at near autowin and give up. Noodle is scum because his reads are fake, his push on Pine looks like a blatant bus and is the only actual scumhunting he's done all game and because Drixx's push on him looks like bussed!scum distancing.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71096
That game was auto-win near the end because we had like 5 cleared townies or some shit due to mechanics.
Even then I took a liad back approach.
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Alisae, what I suspect is that you are trying to feel out whether I'm truly townreading you or whether I'm just saying I am and plan to track you to catch you unawares. If you can be sure that I'm genuinely townreading you, you can safely kill nancy tonight knowing you won't be tracked. If you think I'm going to track you, you HAVE to no kill, you don't have any other choice. Regardless of what that might imply.

The only town motivation for all the questions you're asking me is to figure out my alignment - something you don't need to do in this game.
In post 2595, Alisae wrote:I don't understand it because I don't get why you aren't trying to engage nancy on why you think she's wrong and you're right. Not to mention she has experience with me, whereas this is your first game with me. Wouldn't it make a bit more sense to atleast attempt to hear out nancy and try to explain to her why she's wrong?
This sidesteps my question a bit. I'm not asking why you don't understand it. I'm asking why it's relevant. To phrase it better: If confirmed town is correctly reading you as town, why do the reasons matter?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”