GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:00 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Town-leaning on Creature based on his meta. He's actually participating in this game, which is a common town tell for him specifically. He was SK last time and getting him to post was like pulling teeth. But I'm only leaning town, since I find him to be a particularly obtuse player at times, and meta changes.

Not feeling the Chick wagon right now. Her tone vaguely reminds me of last game where she was a friendly under-the-radar scum, but it's too early to tell.

Brie probably town. Java looks like dopey town thus far.

Honestly I have no scum reads at the moment. Don't like Snarky's 106, but I don't know him and can't sort him yet. Boring's 109 is pretty bad, but is it bad town or scum? Dunno yet.

I'm semi-V/LA right now and for the next few days, so I apologize I don't have better reads right now. Literally had ten minutes to read the thread and post something.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Gingham I do want you to answer my question about Desperado when you have time
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:11 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:Gingham I do want you to answer my question about Desperado when you have time
I thought it was a bad vote but I wouldn't say scummy. I say it's a bad vote because Chick's comment that prompted it is the kind of conversational flavor I would say myself as either alignment, and I wouldn't appreciate it being scum-read. Not enough from Desperado yet to comment further.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 127, GinghamDog wrote:I thought it was a bad vote but I wouldn't say scummy. I say it's a bad vote because Chick's comment that prompted it is the kind of conversational flavor I would say myself as either alignment, and I wouldn't appreciate it being scum-read.
I guess I just don't understand why you'd jump in to try to push against the vote in and then not go further with

like, if Desperado is scumreading someone for bad reasons, isn't that more likely to make him scum? And if he's not, like if you are actually not seeing anything scum-motivated in his push, then why shut it down when it might give everyone more to work with to get reads? Most pushes on page 1 are not gonna be really substantially indicative things, but there's an expected bit of leniency because you know people are trying to drum up things to work with and create pressure to force more reactions. If Chickadee is scum then you are basically letting her walk and she won't have to do the work of trying to be town in responding to Desperado

I doubt Desperado really believes post comes from scum 100% of the time, so he's either town exaggerating to add more force to his vote or scum exaggerating to sell a fake scumread. I don't get why you didn't engage with him beyond just calling out that you disagree with his reasons for making a vote.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:27 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Meh, fair enough. To be honest, I've put very little thought into this game due to real life, so my play hasn't been up to standard.

In my experience, scum reading someone for bad reasons is just as likely to be town, if not more likely. You might disagree. I'll concede though that I should have toyed with Desperado more than I did.

Can you share your thoughts on this Chickadee wagon? You don't seem to mind it. Does it look like wagon for the sake of being a wagon or do you think it's an early scum-drive?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:34 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 88, Desperado wrote:
In post 84, boring wrote:Brie and Joe are already giving out way too much role information. RVS is over for me.

UNVOTE:
In post 86, Chickadee wrote:I have to agree. Brie, Joe, too much information. It just helps scum figure out who is who.
scum in this pair, guaranteed
What are you seeing here exactly?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 123, GuiltyLion wrote:did you see post 99? It looks to me like boring pretty specifically said she didn't like Chickadee's friendly tone, so I feel like your first section here is a misrep. And why are you making assumptions abo
1- She didn't vote on 99. She specifically mentioned Snaky's vote here as the reason that helped make her mind up. The "tingling" was old news. The Snarky vote is the new element that lead to her voting Chicka.

2- It's obvious I was making a tongue in cheek comment there and Creature got my point and responded. He didn't specify a reason, and it came right after boring's, so that was my way of asking him to explain his vote.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, btw.. I just noticed: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GL.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 106, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 17, Rautherdir wrote:VOTE: SnarkySnowman

Cause I didn't get to vote you in our last game together.
Which game was that? :shifty:

-snip-

wasnt this game a day start or did I miss something
Dayless Mafia was the game I didn't get to vote you in. Because there were no votes in that game at all.

This game was a night start. I now actually want to leave my vote on you for that 'town' slip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by boring »

In post 133, Rautherdir wrote: I now actually want to leave my vote on you for that 'town' slip.
Can you elaborate on this so the whole class can know what you're talking about?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 124, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 118, TheBrie wrote:And we want to build wagons just because?

Not that there couldn't be aanything going on with Chick. I don't see anything solid though. The game is looking really murky. 8 is the most people I've sorted before.
I mean what would count as "solid" in the first 4 pages of a game? Do you think the votes on Chickadee are good or bad?
Snarky's vote seems alright. Not so sure on Boring's. Creature's is to create pressure. I'd be happier if he gave his own reasons.

Personally outside of RVS I don't like voting just to make someone uncomfortable and much prefer to include direct questions.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 109, boring wrote:VOTE: Chickadee between my tingling and Snarky's vote, I'm cool here. He's a low-poster, but he has a good eye.
What
In post 110, Creature wrote:VOTE: Chickadee
The
In post 112, Almost50 wrote:
In post 109, boring wrote:VOTE: Chickadee between my tingling and Snarky's vote, I'm cool here. He's a low-poster, but he has a good eye.
Your reasoning is "because SS voted there"???
In post 110, Creature wrote:VOTE: Chickadee
And I guess yours is "because boring said she voted there because Snarky voted there"?!

OK.. intent to vote Chicadee because I want to sheep Creature who is sheeping boring who is sheeping Snarky who got a vote on Chicadee out of nowhere. Boy, that sounds like the best reasoning ever. :P
Frick
In post 113, Creature wrote:My reasoning is because it was a great opportunity to begin with a wagon.
Is
In post 115, Creature wrote:I didn't feel JavaJoe24 would be a good wagon.
Going
In post 120, Creature wrote:We need to find activity. Maybe we can find activity by putting non-active players under the threat of being lynched?
On?

If you're trying to put pressure on low activity players, why me? I'm tied for second highest post count. I'm involved with the game. The entire wagon against me seems super scummy. It's weak, and there's not even a case being brought against me.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by podoboq »

VOTE: Chickadee

My how the tables have turned.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 129, GinghamDog wrote:Can you share your thoughts on this Chickadee wagon? You don't seem to mind it. Does it look like wagon for the sake of being a wagon or do you think it's an early scum-drive?
I'm not sure what you mean by "early scum-drive", whether that means it's a wagon on scum or whether it means scum pushing a mislynch. Can you clarify?

Overall I don't mind the wagon, I thought it was mostly a wagon for the sake of being a wagon but that's how the game should be in the early stage. I probably would have joined it myself earlier, but massive hasn't given me a reason to move my vote.

If she's town then there's definitely a scum or two on there at this point but I'm fine with it as it stands. I do have some followup for my next post though
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 131, Almost50 wrote:She didn't vote on 99. She specifically mentioned Snaky's vote here as the reason that helped make her mind up. The "tingling" was old news. The Snarky vote is the new element that lead to her voting Chicka.
this still feels a little off to me, like she said in :
In post 109, boring wrote:
between my tingling
and Snarky's vote, I'm cool here. He's a low-poster, but he has a good eye.
so it read to me like a combination of both things, and then you asked her:
In post 112, Almost50 wrote:Your reasoning is "because SS voted there"???
as if her reasoning was solely because of Snarky's vote.

I guess the question I want to ask you is, do you think the "tingling" in was sufficient for a vote or not? Because it still looks to me like you've focused on the less important part of her explanation
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

btw I lied, that post above was a separate thread with Almost that I'm chasing down, but now THIS is the followup post that I hinted at a minute ago :]
In post 136, Chickadee wrote:If you're trying to put pressure on low activity players, why me? I'm tied for second highest post count. I'm involved with the game. The entire wagon against me seems super scummy. It's weak, and there's not even a case being brought against me.
Who specifically do you think is super scummy in voting you, Snarky, Creature?

and as far as I can tell no one said anything about post count? Like I guess Creature's was vaguely talking about non-active players in the general sense, but I was reading that as a response to TheBrie in . This defense was a bit too "why me" and feels meh so I want firmer opinions on who you think is scum here.

for
@podoboq
In post 137, podoboq wrote:VOTE: Chickadee

how serious is this vote?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 132, Almost50 wrote:Oh, btw.. I just noticed: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GL.
also thanks <3

glad to be spending a small part of it playing a game with you all
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 97, Almost50 wrote:I can hardly agree. Scum would probably keep silent about it and share the info between themselves, analyze it and try to determine their best strategy. Outing who has crumbed what isn't in scum's best interest, because it also let's informative/protective roles know who is likely to get NK'd next if it somehow went right above their heads.
sure

they'd also go out of their way to criticize a townie for outing role info, because that's what scum think town should do in that situation even tho by and large, they don't
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 99, boring wrote:@Desperado - Chickadee apparently pinged you immediately. Is it the tone, or do you have some personal scum-tell setting you off? I find "friendly" players more suspicious than not. However, at the risk of irritating GuiltyLion, I don't know whether this shallow gut-read is a projection on my part, or an actual indication of scum. Do you have more experience with her play?
never played with her

it's as simple as congratulating town on not dying being a pretty rock solid scumtell for me
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 130, GinghamDog wrote:What are you seeing here exactly?
really more from chick than boring

i don't understand the purpose of chick's post other than to look town and subconsciously buddy boring. it's scum motivated.
;)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by podoboq »

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=9192578#p9192578]for
@podoboq

how serious is this vote?[/quote]
Not answering this.

Reasons
A) I'm kinda drunk
B) it's page 6 and I want Chickadee to decide how serious she things I'm being.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 145, podoboq wrote:
In post 140, GuiltyLion wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=9192578#p9192578]for
@podoboq

Not answering this.

Reasons
A) I'm kinda drunk
B) it's page 6 and I want Chickadee to decide how serious she things I'm being.
p-edit

Don't drink and mobile-post, kids
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Don't play when you're drunk.

But seriously even if Chick turns out to be scum. We've been playing for only a few days and she's at L-2 based on only a couple of things she said.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 147, TheBrie wrote:Don't play when you're drunk.

But seriously even if Chick turns out to be scum. We've been playing for only a few days and she's at L-2 based on only a couple of things she said.
I have officially noted both of those points in my handy mafia journal.

Chickadee can stay at L-2
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 140, GuiltyLion wrote:Who specifically do you think is super scummy in voting you, Snarky, Creature?

and as far as I can tell no one said anything about post count? Like I guess Creature's 120 was vaguely talking about non-active players in the general sense, but I was reading that as a response to TheBrie in 118. This defense was a bit too "why me" and feels meh so I want firmer opinions on who you think is scum here.
I would say Creature. It felt like his vote was just piling onto a wagon for the sake of having a wagon, but there's nothing to pressure me about.

And yes, it was mostly a response to Brie's 118. And really, that's all the defense I have, because as I've stated, no one has really brought a case against me. So all I can really say is, I'm town. Can't defend myself if there's nothing to defend against.

In post 145, podoboq wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=9192578#p9192578]for
@podoboq

Not answering this.

Reasons
A) I'm kinda drunk
B) it's page 6 and I want Chickadee to decide how serious she things I'm being.[/quote]

I don't think you're being serious with your vote at all. I think you're trying to make me feel pressure. For what, I'm not quite sure.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”