Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

honestly more Desperado votes IMO, the wagon is me + basically my three strongest townreads so you know it's good. I think boring and Chickadee is probably a TvT
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

idk maybe Chickadee is scum actually, if massive and Desperado are town then that wagon starts to look better

Desperado what was the point of
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

it's been a while since I've played a 13p I forgot how hard this is compared to a Micro
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by boring »

I'm on the fence about massive, but I'm still pretty sure Desperado isn't mafia.

I will admit that today, I've toyed with the idea that Desperado might be a jester. He doesn't seem to care about the game now that he has a wagon. It's not a, "screw you guys, I'm going home" vibe, it's more like he's just sitting there, waiting for it.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 301, GuiltyLion wrote:idk maybe Chickadee is scum actually, if massive and Desperado are town then that wagon starts to look better

a response to almost? not sure what you mean tbh

@ boring in what way am I supposed to care about the wagon on me, exactly?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Desperado »

like maybe i missed it but no one voting me has even attempted to explain why
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 204, Chickadee wrote:
In post 194, Creature wrote:Aaaaah, you're using "good content so far" to townread.
I started in with GL, and was listing posts of his I liked. And then I realized that it was just most of them. So rather than link to all of his posts, I gave a general answer. If you want me to, I will link to the posts I like for my town reads. We'll be here a while though.
In post 199, Desperado wrote:chick lists snarky as her top scumread but doesnt vote him despite being the leading wagon and him already having votes

chickadee + snarky + ?? easy peasy?
And yet you're still focused on me. Why aren't you looking at any other players?

VOTE: Desperado
In post 205, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 178, Desperado wrote:ya but color coded reads lists that don't actually contain any reads are scummy
In post 180, Desperado wrote:yes I read it

showing us where you are with every slot at this stage of the game is scum motivated. most of your thoughts are meaningless.
A readslist isn't townie but absence of towniness doesn't make it scummy. The idea that trying to give a read on every slot of the game is "scum motivated" seems really contrived, like you're just sticking with this scumread because it's easy.

In post 207, podoboq wrote:
In post 205, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 178, Desperado wrote:ya but color coded reads lists that don't actually contain any reads are scummy
In post 180, Desperado wrote:yes I read it

showing us where you are with every slot at this stage of the game is scum motivated. most of your thoughts are meaningless.
A readslist isn't townie but absence of towniness doesn't make it scummy. The idea that trying to give a read on every slot of the game is "scum motivated" seems really contrived, like you're just sticking with this scumread because it's easy.

Happy birthday. I bought you a sheep.
In post 210, Creature wrote:VOTE: Desperado

And this vote is different from my vote on Chickadee.
In post 262, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 260, Almost50 wrote:Of the 3 leading wagons I find Desperado's the most likely to flip scum, followed by SS. While Town!SS is likely to stay silent until after he gets lynched I am betting more pressure on Town!Desp will force him to say something AI. I only played with him once and that was the case.

To reiterate: I am familiar with SS' play and he can be a lurk sack like this as either alignment, and not even being put @L-1 will bring him out of it as either alignment. We won't even get anything informative from his flip either way.

Desperado I'm NOT familiar with his Scum play, but I have seen Town!Him recently and when really pressured he delivered (sadly he still got lynched after reaching a stalemate with a counter wagon that was also on Town, and he decided to self-hammer, which still benefited us on the next couple of days and Town won there.)

As for Chicka, I already decided she was Town, so need to reiterate.

HOWEVER, I would still rather pressure Java more here. Even if he gets replaced we need to have some indications on the slot from the replacement.

So, let's concentrate on getting Desp to talk more and java/replacement to talk at all. Shall we?
Sure. I think Snarky is going to get replaced out anyways.

We can make sure Java gets a chance to talk before day end, so I am fine putting my vote on Desperado.
here's my wagon

not seeing anything worth commenting on (other than one more scum almost certainly being on me if chick is scum; if chick is town there is probably two scum on me)

you?
;)
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by TheBrie »

@desperado if Chick is town who do you expect the two scum are?

Sorry I've not been on much today. I've been having an unproductive day reading fanfics.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Desperado »

Rauther and creature I reckon
;)
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 am

Post by GinghamDog »

@GuiltyLion what exactly caused your shift from meh-boring to town-boring?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Desperado:

You may now add this to your list of unexplained votes/

I mean, you come online, post thrice and not add a single thing. The last time you said pressuring you won't yield anything new, which indicates you're not willing to engage, and I let it go because I myself can't find much to say at times.

However, your latest posts look like fillers. If you suspect scum are on your wagon then make a case or try to guess whom it is. Saying "there's one scum on my wagon" w.o. specifying a pool is bad, and adding a condition "if Chicka is scum" is even worse.

Let me rephrase: You have no definite read on Chicka. Yes? She may or may not be scum. Correct? IF she's scum then there's another scum in the 4 who had previously been voting you. Are you speaking in riddles?

In our last game together I got town vibes of your desperation when your wagon was building. I don't get that here. I don't know if you're apathetic town or scum who has given up, or scum who is laying down and hoping the storm will pass you by.

So again: Why do you suspect Chicka might be scum? Who do you think is scum on your wagon, and why? What if Chicka is town. What changes in your reads?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 am

Post by boring »

In post 304, Desperado wrote:
In post 301, GuiltyLion wrote:idk maybe Chickadee is scum actually, if massive and Desperado are town then that wagon starts to look better

a response to almost? not sure what you mean tbh

@ boring in what way am I supposed to care about the wagon on me, exactly?
I'm not too concerned with how you react, as long as it's somewhat productive. It was your lack of reaction that sparked my imagination.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 143, Desperado wrote:it's as simple as congratulating town on not dying being a pretty rock solid scumtell for me
This is bad.
This is a misrep. It does contain actual reads.
In post 180, Desperado wrote:showing us where you are with every slot at this stage of the game is scum motivated. most of your thoughts are meaningless.
This is incredibly bad. Desperado is actively antitown.
In post 305, Desperado wrote:like maybe i missed it but no one voting me has even attempted to explain why
Exceptional lies. Then he quotes the places where people voted him, but not the places where they explained their votes.

Desperado is scum.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Chickadee »

I'm still really suspicious of boring, but Desperado is still high on my scum list too, and it seems to be where the group is going. I'm fine with lynching either of them today.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 am

Post by eagerSnake »

VC 1.16

Desperado (6) [L-1]: GuiltyLion, podoboq, Creature, Rautherdir, Almost50, Chickadee
Chickadee (4) [L-3]: Desperado, SnarkySnowman, massive, boring
SnarkySnowman (2) [L-5]: GinghamDog, TheBrie

Not Voting (1): Javajoe24

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline in (expired on 2017-05-19 12:33:03).
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Creature »

Oh look, we're L-1.
Sigh
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:01 am

Post by boring »

There's just no way he's mafia. I'm going to meta dive for a few of his scum games to confirm, but do you all seriously believe anyone is this bad at scum? Really? He's either got something up his sleeve, or he's a jester. I guess a vengeful scum is a possibility, but even then, you'd think he'd wait until we mislynched a few townies to increase the damage.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 316, boring wrote:There's just no way he's mafia. I'm going to meta dive for a few of his scum games to confirm, but do you all seriously believe anyone is this bad at scum? Really? He's either got something up his sleeve, or he's a jester. I guess a vengeful scum is a possibility, but even then, you'd think he'd wait until we mislynched a few townies to increase the damage.
Ok. Here's something I feel obliged to respond to, albeit not directly related to this game.

STOP ASSUMING OR BRINGING UP JESTER!! It's becoming a sickening fad.

Also, whoever said we should not lynch Jesters? By definition, Jesters are anti-Town. In practice, they will never side by the Town, because -unlike a Survivour- a Jester will want to intimidate you and force you to lynch them.

Scum also are NIT going to shoot a Jester unless they're going into the night on LyLo (i.e. They win regardless as soon as their NK is successful). Otherwise, scum would rather shoot Town.

So, regardless of how rare Jesters are used nowadays, and how silly the proposition is in a mini, even in the 0.001% this is the case then lynching a Jester IS the right thing to do.

Also, all the arguments that revolve around "too scummy to be scum" or "too bad he can't be scum" are really "boring" (pun intended). Un;ess you know someone IS bad the argument doesn't hold much water if any. If it had any merit then I guess I'll switch to a Kain Tepes (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) style every time I roll scum and will win every single one of them.

The question here is: WHY IS DESPERADO TOWN (as opposed to why he is "not mafia", and especially so when we already know there is one 3P slot in the game.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Creature »

Well, if jester wants to win, they could just claim and we wouldn't have any reason to not lynch them. Though, I doubt someone would let someone get such an easy win.
Sigh
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 am

Post by boring »

Apparently, this dude doesn't get scum roles very often. The one I found looks very much like his town game, which looks nothing like this game

Scum ISO: viewtopic.php?t=70072&f=50&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Town ISO: viewtopic.php?t=70945&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

I think he's not mafia because he's playing retarded for mafia. I assumed that meant town. The more I think about it though, and seeing how he's passing the time, I've come to the conclusion that there must be a third option. Seeing his town and scum games solidifies that.

Skimming through his games, I noticed that he seems to make it to end game more often than not. So why is he at L-1 right now, except that he wants to be lynched? Also, why do I feel like I'm alone in noticing this?

Something's fucky.

p-edit: I don't know about any Jester fads, but there was one in my last bastard game, I don't like the idea of someone winning for successfully trolling town.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:39 am

Post by Creature »

I wished we didn't have so many inactive players (though, maybe I just haven't paid enough attention).
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Creature »

How to win as jester:

Claim you're jester and keep stating you're serious about it.

Town won't lose anything (in fact it'll even help them) by lynching you.
Sigh
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:45 am

Post by GinghamDog »

I'm more on board with Desperado being third party than scum. Would like to see a claim.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 319, boring wrote:p-edit: I don't know about any Jester fads, but there was one in my last bastard game, I don't like the idea of someone winning for successfully trolling town.
And you like more the idea of keeping someone alive to F the Town??

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 310, Almost50 wrote:@Desperado:

You may now add this to your list of unexplained votes/

I mean, you come online, post thrice and not add a single thing. The last time you said pressuring you won't yield anything new, which indicates you're not willing to engage, and I let it go because I myself can't find much to say at times.

However, your latest posts look like fillers. If you suspect scum are on your wagon then make a case or try to guess whom it is. Saying "there's one scum on my wagon" w.o. specifying a pool is bad, and adding a condition "if Chicka is scum" is even worse.

Let me rephrase: You have no definite read on Chicka. Yes? She may or may not be scum. Correct? IF she's scum then there's another scum in the 4 who had previously been voting you. Are you speaking in riddles?

In our last game together I got town vibes of your desperation when your wagon was building. I don't get that here. I don't know if you're apathetic town or scum who has given up, or scum who is laying down and hoping the storm will pass you by.

So again: Why do you suspect Chicka might be scum? Who do you think is scum on your wagon, and why? What if Chicka is town. What changes in your reads?
this entire post is pointless because my read on chick hasn't changed. she is scum.
;)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”