Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 20
  • aphix
    ---------- 3 ( DoctorPepper, Ciara24, osuka )
    L- 2

NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( aphix )
    L- 4

Not Voting
    ----- 4 ( Skitter30, NotTheRealPaul, JaeReed, madtatters )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
FOS COUNT 2 . 20
  • NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Skitter30 )

Not FoS'ing
    ---- 7 ( JaeReed, Madtatters, osuka, aphix, Ciara24 )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
GTKAS
| here.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:48 am

Post by JaeReed »

Sorry, I wanted to go over everything here over the weekend but tbh my mental state took a dive and I didn't.

Are there any specific questions for me?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:49 am

Post by osuka »

are you scum?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:15 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 452, osuka wrote:are you scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 436, aphix wrote:Tatters wants to distance from a. Town lunch.
In post 441, aphix wrote:Osuka, I can assure you my wagon and everything else this day has done more for town then anything or anyone else this game.

But your SOOo right ... Town in should just so fight their wagon tooth and nail, because it's totally like they are so close to losing if they get lynched..... *eyeroll*
In post 448, aphix wrote:Huh. So osuka thinks I'm scummy because I should be defending myself. Fuck off. I don't need to defend myself at all. There isn't shit to defend myself against. And if there was. Still not going to do it. That's not my job.
Dude, I went out on a limb for you, and posts like these aren't exactly overwhelming me with your towniness. They're all actually giving me very bad vibes.

I was trying to derail your wagon, so work with me here. Why is Paul scum? Who else is scum? Why are you not scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 447, NotTheRealPaul wrote:i only read ur read of me and saw u didnt have a read of jae. so only didnt like those two
If you hadn't even fully read my posts, what would the following have been based on?
In post 335, NotTheRealPaul wrote:ya if not for the bp claim id sr the slot.
I'm going to point out that scumreading me because I scumread you is blatant OMGUS, and I don't think that saying I think Jae is a nullread is a valid reason to scumread me either.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 447, NotTheRealPaul wrote:skitters acting normal good.

tatters is worrying me rn cuz idk if he is newbtwon anymore. i think he might be just following his trs tho and my unvote triggered his.

my sr was bcuz i didnt get his change of mind on mwap (now i doooo). then he just kept saying it was obvious when i didnt fucking see it so i thought he was avoiding my question. i think he is tunnelling me a bit, but he is like null for me rn. i remember liking his content b4 mwap's "slip", but ici was really bad. i need to reread this slot.

osuka is town for me. i generally agree with thwir content, and this doesnt remind me of the little bit of his scumgame so that helps.

jae is like leantown. where did he go is my real question rn.

ur conftown obviously.

dp is like gut scum for me whixh i hate bcuz i hate gutreads. need to reread this slot too bcuz something feels off but i cant quite verbalize it. may just be the shorter posts bcuz ik i tend to tr walls.

think thats everyone.

also thabks! back to stufying!...yay?! *cries*
Why is Jae leantown? If DP is gut scum, why aren't you pushing him? Or tatters for that matter? Or even Aphix? You aren't really pushing anyone atm.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 am

Post by aphix »

Well, lets see, look at my iso for who I think is scum and why. I've made it clear. Most the game has spent the day talking about why I'm scum for bullshit reasons and doing fuck all else. Saying my game was shit osuka? At least I got you guys talking abit before you fucks decided to go back to circle jerking, which was pretty much my only goal today. If you are so sold on my being scum and think I should be lynched this early in the day, maybe spend the rest of the day figuring out who my partner is but most importantly who's scum when I actually flip town.

Instead, you rail about bullshit. Maybe the site meta has shifted but if any of the reasons for me being scum is common to how this site is played now this site has gone downhill fast, I could find as good of play if I logged into ToS.

We also have our wonderful IC, who hasn't done anything in the game so far, GIANT red flag. He continues to do shit all. And even refuses to read the game. The fact that he's announcing it doesn't make it any better. It just makes me think he knows what he is doing is shit and trying to get you guys to buy into it. Guess what, all those who think Jae is town have, and continue to. If he is down ... It's not acceptable and you should be calling him on his shit as he isn't helping this game from any angle.

NTRP continue push on me is awful. I'm still pretty sold on the fact that he says MWAP is definitely going to flip scum but then when it talked about it today, MWAP was just being stupid town .... If you thought he was stupid town why try and push it as a scum slip instead of a mislynch? Why, because the scumslip call out was a mistake and if he continued that discussion it'd look bad.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:19 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

i didnt think he was stupid town D1, i thought he newb scumslipped. in hindsight he is just stupid town.

jae is leantown because he was the only one who gave a shit the first few days besides me and osuka

not pushing cuz irl. got slammed with hw this weekend so trtna focus on that. pushing someone here would require some dedication and me checking into this a bit more so i can actually engage and make thoughts and think of questions and shit. pretty mych dont have time to engage with someone as the questioner. i can answer questions though bcuz ik what i was/am thinking.

already said i dont sr u.like go back to ur initial read of me, and 2 things are rvs shitpists, another 2-3 is "pinging u", then there id a toneread, and lastly one thing that is reachy BUT i literally said its probably reachy in the post. Do u see how i think thats crapoy? Like do u?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 458, NotTheRealPaul wrote:i didnt think he was stupid town D1, i thought he newb scumslipped. in hindsight he is just stupid town.

jae is leantown because he was the only one who gave a shit the first few days besides me and osuka

not pushing cuz irl. got slammed with hw this weekend so trtna focus on that. pushing someone here would require some dedication and me checking into this a bit more so i can actually engage and make thoughts and think of questions and shit. pretty mych dont have time to engage with someone as the questioner. i can answer questions though bcuz ik what i was/am thinking.

already said i dont sr u.like go back to ur initial read of me, and 2 things are rvs shitpists, another 2-3 is "pinging u", then there id a toneread, and lastly one thing that is reachy BUT i literally said its probably reachy in the post. Do u see how i think thats crapoy? Like do u?
That's a bad reason townlean Jae, since activity is NAI and they haven't done like anything since I replaced in. And the stuff they did early in the game is flat and trite and incredibly easy for scum to fake. Remember how I called esires out on being bland in 1797? This is the same thing here.

Fair enough about the IRL stuff.

I didn't say you scumread me.
You
said you would've if I wasn't conftown, and your reasoning that you gave here and elsewhere is basically because you think my read on you was bad. That's basically OMGUS and an awful reason to scumread someone. Like, someone can be town and be mistaken in their reads. Heck, you're arguing that you're town despite pushing through a mislynch on what you say you thought was scum!MWAP.

I still strongly believe that statements like the following were attempts to discredit me:
In post 318, NotTheRealPaul wrote:awwww. ur wrong already.
In post 335, NotTheRealPaul wrote:ya if not for the bp claim id sr the slot.
In post 341, NotTheRealPaul wrote:oh god skitters start making sense plz
In post 341, NotTheRealPaul wrote:id sr u because ur reads are C. R. A. P.
I tried to look at this with an open mind, but I'm still very confident that Paul is flipping scum here.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Ciara24 »

I do get where skitters is coming from in regards to Paul. That being said, I think it's starting to go around in circles. I'm gonna try to reread the game tomorrow because as much as I dislike Aphix's posts at the moment, we are going in circles. We still have 9 days to deadline, so I'm not massively worried yet.

I do also agree with Aphix about Jae, he's been pretty inactive (admittedly my own activity hasn't been great, should improve from tomorrow onwards). I'm still happy about voting Aphix though. His posts continue to increase my suspicion that he is scum.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 am

Post by JaeReed »

Ciara can you outline for me what you find sus about aphix's recent posts please? I might be an absolute sucker but I kinda read his attitude as townish right now.
As scum here he needs to appeal to others in order to survive this day phase and he's...not really doing that? Basically; I think his posting supports a town motivation more than a scum one right now. It's possible he's angry at being caught for the wrong reasons but I really don't get that? The anger and aggression seems pointed in a manner where he's still seemingly attempting to gamesolve to me.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:29 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

skitters u ignored the why. i literally outlined why ur read of me was bad. if ur read of me was based of decent stuff then mebbe but i just pointed out why i think it was so bad and u ignored that part.

as far as har ik its not great reason to tr himi its why he is a fucking town lean not a solid town. it wasnt even so much he gave a shit but he was asking questions and tryna get ppl to do stuff and i liked it. rn im waiting for him to actually do shit and convince me he is town.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: Paul

This is scum, unfortunately. Sorry Paul :(
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

*shrug*

i'll get the last laugh when i flip lol
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@jae thoughts on the skitters/me/aphix interactions? what exactly about aphix makes it look like he is trying to gamesolve? he avoided my question for awhile and has been tunneling me ever seince skitter decided to start pushing me.

what are ur thoughts on tatters behavior?
Madtatters
Madtatters
Townie
Madtatters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:31 am

Post by Madtatters »

In post 463, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: Paul

You don't sound so apologetic. Not really seeing the scum here.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:04 am

Post by osuka »

why is paul scum? I don't see scum paul in the last two pages

he's nulltown at worst. That's exactly how bored/frustrated town paul acts when he thinks the game isn't gonna go where he wants it to

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

@Mala/osuka/Paul. Sorry for the wall, but you asked.

Look at my .

My argument was as follows:

A. I disagree with Paul that Jae should be a townlean, since activity is NAI and even Jae's early content is not that 'towny'. Note that I never argue that Paul is scum for having a differing read from me. I'm merely responding to his statement that he'd scumread my slot if not for the BP claim because my reads (scumread on Paul, null on Jae) are bad. I'm explaining why I'm null on Jae.

B. I had an early scumread on Paul, and that is the reason he gave at the time (early day2) for saying he'd scumread me if I wasn't conf!town. I argue that disagreeing with someone's reads is not a valid reason to scumread them.

C. I move on to say that I believe that the statements he made like 'if not for the bp claim I'd scumread the slot' were attempts to discredit me since he has no backing for these statements (as said in B, the only reasons he gave for 'scumreading' me here is disagreeing with my reads).

Now let's go through his response:

In post 462, NotTheRealPaul wrote:skitters u ignored the why. i literally outlined why ur read of me was bad. if ur read of me was based of decent stuff then mebbe but i just pointed out why i think it was so bad and u ignored that part.
Misrep/sidestepping of my point. He's responding to the argument 'skitter doesn't understand why paul thinks her scumread of him is bad', and not to 'skitter thinks paul is scum because he's discrediting conf!town by announcing her reads are bad with no backing'.

I *do* understand why Paul thinks my scumread on him is bad - he thinks my scumread on him is bad because he thinks it's based on pings and RVS stuff. He's ignoring all my other reasons for scumreading him, most of it based on day2 stuff, which I've said multiple times and even laid out in non-wall form in . He still never explains why my 'bad' read on him would be worth scumreading me for if I wasn't conf!town, or how that statement wasn't an attempt to discredit me.
In post 462, NotTheRealPaul wrote:as far as har ik its not great reason to tr himi its why he is a fucking town lean not a solid town. it wasnt even so much he gave a shit but he was asking questions and tryna get ppl to do stuff and i liked it. rn im waiting for him to actually do shit and convince me he is town.
Activity is inherently NAI. That's not a reason to townlean anyone. Again misrep. I never said that Paul said they were a solid townread. Paul doesn't explain how asking questions or trying to get people to do stuff is AI in general, or how in this particular instance it differs from Jae-the-IC trying to kickstart the game. Paul even admits early that much of Jae's early content - the BP thing - is NAI.

He can't give me a concrete reason to townread Jae here, and thus can't refute my argument that Jae is null to me, and thus can't argue that he'd scumread me for having bad reads when he can't show me why I'm wrong. Thus, saying he'd scumread me for my reads is a bad, unfounded argument, and makes me think he was just trying to discredit me.

He's ignoring my major reasons for scumreading him, and is instead responding to things I never said or is just plain making up reasoning that we both know is bad.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 466, Madtatters wrote:
In post 463, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: Paul

You don't sound so apologetic. Not really seeing the scum here.
I am apologetic, cuz I like playing with Paul :(
In post 444, skitter30 wrote:
In post 425, Madtatters wrote:Seeing as Aphix only has 1 to lynch, I'm not really as eager to have them lynched. For now, I just want to see if there are any other players jumping out at me as scum (particularly JaeReed, DP, and Ciara). Maybe I'll vote for Aphix in the future, but I want to see if there are any more people who are jumping out to me as scum, maybe even my townreads. I'd rather kill scum correctly to avoid a mislynch, than go into Night 2 because we lynched town about a week into D2 and risk town getting killed by scum in the night.

Just for now
UNVOTE:
Your initial vote on Aphix put him at L-1, so why is the fact that he was at L-1 at the time of this post concerning enough to you that you decided to unvote? What happened in between your initial vote and this unovte?

Who is your top scumread right now, and why? Who is your top townread right now, and why? (Don't answer with me lol).
Can you please respond to the above?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

im feeling a bit under the weather rn. ya ik timing is shit.. if u think im scum tryna get out of skitters' trap ur a dick.

skitters for the last fucking time the sr is not because i disagree with u on reads. it fucking isnt. its cuz ur reasoning for the read on me was terrible. like if i actually thought ur reasoning was ddecent i wouldnt have the "sr". like ive tred ppl who sr me in the past, i dont fuxking omgus everyone who srs me. i'll look at the d2 sr stuff later.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

sorry im frustrated and im probably gonna sound like a dick. apologies in advance lol.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

okay i wanna know something. if someone srs u and ur town are u supposed to not discredit them? like am i supposed to prop u up so that i get lynched? like should i say ur reads are good? like dafuq do u want?

as far as jae, i thought u should have a read on him. he has done stuff that is AI. he has given thoughts on things. i leaned town because his questions (which i thought was implied) seemed to be gamesolving. he seemed to be trying to understand people's reasoning so he could get a read of them.

okay thats all i wanna read rn. bbl
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

D
o
c