Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: chick

Scum last game has to be town this game. Wait...
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Fitz

Fitz! I didn't see you on the list. You're one of few people I've played with. Didn't we do that mountainous game together?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 15, Aubrey wrote:Actually VOTE: Chick you can find that question out for yourself. Trying to look helpful? :)
Is this an attempt at a serious vote on post 15 or are just wanting it to appear that way?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 27, mozamis wrote:
In post 24, Raya36 wrote:@Moz What about suggesting a mass claim makes you think Radrat is town?
it's so unlikely to come from scum. sure, really clever/confident/gambity scum might try it, but it's really stickin gyour neck out early on, which MOST scum avoid. Plus in this specific case, he seems like he is thinking about the game, "game solving" etc
All town stuff.
Why do you feel it's unlikely to come from scum? The priority ranking seems like something they would like to know about. And the risk vs. reward is high enough at the beginning of the game to warrant that kind of action from scum. I'm not saying realeo is scum, just that it's not something to town read him for.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Yup, I did mean rat. You're right, too many r names.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #211 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 61, Keychain wrote:So why do you think that scum would potentially propose a priority massclaim?

It sounds like you think the strategy would give scum an advantage in some way, or at least wouldn't disadvantage them - in which case, I'd have expected you to point that out, as a reason why we shouldn't be claiming.
Because thats not something that they would necessarily know? And it might help them figure out what the priorities actually mean? Its like role fishing, but less invasive.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #212 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 67, mozamis wrote:
In post 45, Keychain wrote:I'm not going to claim my priority just yet. I'd rather hash it out first.
The way mozamis jumped to claim before Rat had explained in full was suspicious

I'm not going to claim my priority just yet. I'd rather hash it out first. The way mozamis jumped to claim before Rat had explained in full was suspicious
"jumped" is a scummy, misreppy way of putting it. I in fact i had qualms, as is quite obvious if you look back over it.
fos keychain
In post 20, mozamis wrote:instinctively, i'm against that. mass claims give scum even more info.
In post 21, mozamis wrote:tho mayb ein this case it doesnt matter?
In post 22, mozamis wrote:i'm priority 4
You went from acknowledging it in post 20, questioning the banality of your existence in post 21, and then outed your priority in 22. Where did you have doubts and why not let others talk about it?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 69, mozamis wrote:
In post 57, Formerfish wrote:I'm not saying realeo is scum, just that it's not something to town read him for.
1) IT IS. It's not blending in. And it's so gamesolvy, he is putting ideas outthere, interested in the game. He's a helluva scum player if he is scum, but not many people are.
2) And man, if he wasnt town before, his whole convo with chickadee screamed town.
LOL if you think that all scum just blend in. There is a huge movement of the belief of people being to scummy to be scum. So what happens? The meta moves in the other direction and we just start lynching people who are loud and trying to seem like they are doing shit. I dont see how anyone can town read him solely for that.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #214 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 71, Chickadee wrote:Moza, Keychain is fairly new. She's finding her bearings. I still have her as null, but I really think we need to give her time to develop to better read her.

My last experience playing with her seems similar to the experience you're having now. If she is town, and she can point herself in the right direction, she'll be great. She really has potential. If she's scum, I think we'll see it fairly soon.
This is townChick through and through.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #247 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

My time is limited until Monday, getting ready for end of month at work. I will try to be on when I can.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #375 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ok, so crazy days are done, catching up now.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #376 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Formerfish »

First 5 Pages:

Alright im going to do this a different way, sinc e I feel like I am very far behind and trying to catch up post by post is going to annoy me very quickly.
I disagree with the idea of claiming our priority numbers. Scum is going to want to know that as well as they can try to make sure they are near the top of the list by knocking off those ahead of them, and the fact that all of our roles are explicitly laid out makes it a lot easier for scum to manipulate. (also, I had no clue the was an open set up, I must have missed that.) Moz #27 makes it sound like he is just throwing out townish sounding buzz words to justify his read, which might be why it annoys me. I just find the reasoning too simplistic. The idea that scum don’t have a need to know those numbers or at least can use that to their advantage is naïve and the threat should be self evident. Then the town read on two players who make opposite decisions makes no sense to me either. So anyone can say anything and get town read for it. I say I don’t trust the town read and I get shit for it…
In post 40, Radical Rat wrote:I believe this is a low risk high reward scenario for Town.
Only scum should be scared
I dont like this either. The last line in particular. It makes me feel like he is saying that anyone who disagrees with him is scummy. You dont have to be scum to see why scum would benefit from this knowledge. If Scum knows that all our prs are going to be on the highest prios then they will have free reign to go from the other end and start picking off people who have no protection and will give the town no actual info to go off of.
Aubrey- that’s a silly reason for even a semi-serious line of inquiry. You don’t see a reason why someone might see what others say first in relation to a question. Like if someone played in the first game but failed to disclose that?
Im liking raya in #78 because it seems to mirror my thought process on the situation rather closely, even helps me solidify my ideas.
In post 85, Radical Rat wrote:FOS both of y'all for even suggesting that but
VOTE: Aubrey
Did i miss something, Aubrey seemed against our prs claiming, yet you vote him. Fitz was the one who said that prs should soft claim, and all he gets is lumped into a aubrey vote post?
In post 94, Aubrey wrote:scum is absolutely turned on
Wait, why do you think this?
In post 97, I Am Innocent wrote:
vote chickadee

Felt like there was some rolefishing earlier in post 46, and post 71 felt off to me.
This is a bad vote, and I disagree with your assesment of those posts. I need you to explain your reasoning for both.
Side note- why has this become the meta? I dont know why everything has to be pulling teeth with things like this. You know that someone is going to ask you to explain your empty justification, so why not just explain yourself in the post?

I am liking Mjollnir more and more as he posts. #117 especially since it puts to words what I wasn’t able to figure out how to from fitzs posts. All those numbers and scenarios just seem like scum busy work since it does nothing to actually figure out the best person to vote, just that we have a 43% chance if we mass claim.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #380 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 378, Chickadee wrote:
In post 214, Formerfish wrote:
In post 71, Chickadee wrote:Moza, Keychain is fairly new. She's finding her bearings. I still have her as null, but I really think we need to give her time to develop to better read her.

My last experience playing with her seems similar to the experience you're having now. If she is town, and she can point herself in the right direction, she'll be great. She really has potential. If she's scum, I think we'll see it fairly soon.
This is townChick through and through.
I was under the impression you knew what was going on when you made this post. Now you're catching up from the beginning.

Please explain.

Also, we've only played one game, and as you already mentioned, I was scum there. And not even good scum. I replaced into a slot people already locked as scummy. :lol:
Im doing a full reread. I felt like my read on the game was disjointed and I had mixed up a few people early in the game and I think it was affecting how i remembered things. I was caught up to a point, now I am fully catching up and making sure that I have everything straight. And yes, I played with you as scum, but Im seeing you make an effort. Maybe you were telling the truth about being busy in that game, but I see you making an effort here and it comes off as a town mindset to me since I can see exaclty why you feel the way you do.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #382 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Next 6 pages:
In post 152, Aubrey wrote:Unless they have a day talk that I'm unaware of, they are likely somewhat unorganized
Fucking hell. I wonder where that information could be found. Perhaps right in the sample roles pms that the mod was so gracious to give to us.
In post 167, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 162, Aubrey wrote:Because I failed to know scum have day talk? That should be considered Nai. If you townread that, then you're falling for one of the easiest tricks in the books.
No. Because you supported a plan that benefitted Scum, and freaked out when I said how Scum could easily screw us over if we did that.
The way you phrased it especially made it sound like you already knew it could happen but didn't want anyone else to know.
And then you decide it's a good idea to stop engaging in discussion and just lurk after two posts???? Sorry, but no.
You're a Scummy McScumface
I’m liking this reasoning a lot. The self exile post from Aub was really out of place and out of no where. You wanna see spamming, look at any game mulch is in.
In post 185, Mjollnir wrote:it's highly unlikely each member of the team would have independently came up with the same mathematical conclusion that Realeo did.
See the issue here is that they dont need to do it independently. Only one scumbag would have had to realize that their path to victory involves at least 1 cc. Then, if there were no day talk, they would discuss things over night in their pt and boom, same situation.
Liking rat more after post 187, again seeing the same things as we read though makes me feel better about the way that I am reading things here and makes me feel less crazy. After my last game its nice to know that im not on tilt here.
In post 190, Mjollnir wrote:
Raya, Allo, Fish, Fitz and Realeo:
Do you have any current scum/townreads?
Yup. :lol:
In post 215, mozamis wrote:u scum with IAI?
You caught me. You caught the tater...
In post 216, Aubrey wrote:Regardless, the fact that nobody but myself supported his idea fully makes me think that it came from a town perspective more than likely.
Explain why this is?
In post 217, mozamis wrote:2)EVen if he is good scum, iit's still unlikely that you OPEN the game with a gambit. May as well just shine a massive spotlight on your self.
And this is the exact reason why scum would do it. Too scummy to be scum.
In post 219, Nosferatu wrote:I'mma just wait til page 20 to catch up proper
I hate this post. It makes me think that he/she/they are just wanting to see how things shake out before they make a stance known. Like the game is only 10 pages long at this point, and it took us 3 days to get there. So by this logic he will start playing the game in another 3 days? Lame.
In post 225, Realeo wrote:I kinda townlean FF bur dunno if he deserves it.
Then lets dance brother.
In post 234, Allomancer wrote:
In post 227, Realeo wrote:But are not you supposed to be glad at that point that the risky plan dies as a risk averse?
Like, for a lady who claim that setup speccing is bad, any attempt to end setup speccing should be good and responded by "Thank God Realeo that you ended this idiot talk." instead of scolding me.
You do realize that even though you did do something good, you still shouldn't use that as an excuse the help scum, right? To me this seems really suspicious, like you're being deliberately obtuse in order to have an excuse to post that so that you could get a message to your scum partners. VOTE: Realeo
If he was scum he could just cc someone and get his partners into the night phase. If he lives, he can explain his plan, if he dies in the 1v1 then his partners discuss it overnight. I can see why people would see smoke here, but there is no fire to be seen.
In post 235, Aubrey wrote:They have day talk....there is no need to try and sneak messages into their posts.
This kinda feels like it could be a message hidden in plain sight. LIke Aub could be telling Allo to get his ass in the scum pr and read up before he says any other stupid shit.
In post 241, mozamis wrote:people's thoughts on fornerfih, molloigner and IAI? they're my scumteam atm
Dude, if you keep spelling our names wrong town is going to catch on to us...
In post 245, Radical Rat wrote:Though @Formerfish
What do you mean by "figure out what priorities actually mean?"
That's public information, higher priorities get to override lower priorities toggling the same switch.
At the time I didnt realize this was an open set up and that all that was explained. Thats when i went and read the opening posts. In my head higher and lower always get a bit mixed up. Like when someone wants you to turn down the ac, do they want it colder or less cold?
In post 246, Nosferatu wrote:are we actually still setup speccing
Are you reading?
In post 250, Aubrey wrote:If a number of us have been able to start generating reads/leans, and been able to pressure one another between the spec talk, I don't see why you can't. You're using the spec talk as an excuse to not put much work into the game.
VOTE: Nosferatu
Chick holds the same view you do, but that didn't stop her from being an active participant.
I like this post, kinda makes me lean more towards town after everything thats been said. Could this be a bus vote though?
In post 255, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 250, Aubrey wrote:If a number of us have been able to start generating reads/leans, and been able to pressure one another between the spec talk, I don't see why you can't. You're using the spec talk as an excuse to not put much work into the game.

VOTE: Nosferatu

Chick holds the same view you do, but that didn't stop her from being an active participant.
i know i can
i dont want to
thus i dont
In post 258, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 256, mozamis wrote:why sign up to play then?
i didnt sign up for 10 pages of setup spec
Then dont play anyone elses game, play your own. If you signed up to play, then play, no one is stopping you. Do you think that it is scummy that weve been talking about set up for 10 pages? Find who you think is the scummiest of the bunch and pressure them. Or do whatever you like to do to scumhunt. Or post cat memes, i dunno brother.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #389 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 379, Aubrey wrote:
In post 376, Formerfish wrote:Aubrey- that’s a silly reason for even a semi-serious line of inquiry.
LOLOL, which line of reasoning. I've had plenty of bad ones so far it seems. Like this is my worst game start in forever. :lol:
Pretty sure I was talking about the jab you made at Chick when she asked about the first game.

In post 376, Formerfish wrote:Did i miss something, Aubrey seemed against our prs claiming, yet you vote him. Fitz was the one who said that prs should soft claim, and all he gets is lumped into a aubrey vote post?
I was at the time. You're in for a rude awakening for when I 360 that train of thought though.
If you 360 it, wont you arrive at the same position oyu have now?

In post 376, Formerfish wrote:
Wait, why do you think this?
lol, ya'll keep bringing up that horrid toggle plan of mine. Shhhttoop. The plan sucked, and is not even functional since for whatever reason I thought we could toggle by number rather than name. I do think this is a miscommunication though. I don't think all the scum PR's are activated, but if the toggle plan were functional and executed, then they would be. Now let's never mention that terrible terrible plan of mine again. :dead:
Fair enough, im going to have to iso you because i am having mixed feelings about you right now.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #390 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Well played sir.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #391 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 386, Nosferatu wrote:mfw i should have forced myself to read through uninteresting unnecessary filler content that did nothing to further the gamestate in any significant manner
Beacuse there could have been bits and pieces you could have picked up and run with? I mean fuck, when it started to become monotonous i just ignored someof the set up spec posts. Like when I started to read them my brain went numb and next thing i knew i was onto the next post.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #392 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 387, Aubrey wrote:
In post 382, Formerfish wrote:This kinda feels like it could be a message hidden in plain sight. LIke Aub could be telling Allo to get his ass in the scum pr and read up before he says any other stupid shit.
Are you trying to say he and I are scum trying to fake not knowing about day talk independently, and I'm bitching at him for trying the gambit after I did? If so, wouldn't that be the funniest shit and amazingly timed.
Yes? No? I havent decided yet? Maybe this is just somethin I needed to point out for myself so that later I can look back and give it more or less credence based of future events.
In post 382, Formerfish wrote:I like this post, kinda makes me lean more towards town after everything thats been said. Could this be a bus vote though?
.....Soooo scum me is bitching at scum Allo, and later scum us are bitching at scum Nos, while scum Nos is then in retaliation bitching at scum Allo. Look at that triangle of scum distancing. Do you really think scum would be thaaaat hell bent on creating distance? Come on.
If you guys think you needed to distance from each other what better way than that?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #393 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Last thoughts (i thought i posted this already, but in reality i got distracted by GoT):
In post 343, Keychain wrote:Why? Do you think she wouldn't buddy as scum?
Why would she pick you to buddy?
In post 343, Keychain wrote:Okay where on earth did these townreads come from?
Because I bleed town, youll see.
In post 360, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 350, Chickadee wrote:I have Aubrey, Rat and Key as town. I'll keep Inno in my town lean pile.
Anyone have thoughts on FormerFish? I don't have enough there.
There's not enough on Fitz for me, so I'm not sure where that town read is coming from. Someone care to explain? I'll also go through their ISO. They're been on VLA so I don't really recall much from them.
Why is Key town?
Fitz and Rat were the two most animated as far as pushing thoughts on plans go. It's been said before, I don't see mafia trying to garner that much attention early on. Reason I like Nos too, his early antics were begging for votes, so prob not scum either.
I cant stand the too scummy to be scum defense of people. I knwo ive harped on this before, but I dont get it. Scum is going to do whatever they can to win, and if people are going to townread them for shit like that then why wouldnt scum do it?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #454 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Hey guys, I've requested replacement. I'm sorry to everyone for this, but I feel like I am having a mental breakdown due to real life issues and trying to keep up and think critically is becoming increasingly difficult.

I don't know if I'll be on site for awhile and this town deserves better than what I can provide right now.

Again, I'm sorry.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”