Newbie 1828: Utopia! - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Gorny »

First!

Lets get this game and the RVS started!

VOTE: darrenwoodward10

DAMN YOU ARISTOPHANES!!! lol
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Gorny »

More serious:

I'm Gorny, one of your SE Players. While I'm not the IC, I want to offer up a few points for newer people here:

Some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid (Like fell into early on)...Don't PM other players in the game(s) you are playing, even if it's innocent. It very well could cause both your slot and the slot of the player you sent a PM to to be compromised, causing both of you to be force replaced. Yes, I did this one time and learned my lesson. Secondly, once dead you will have access to the dead thread. We all watch the games as they are in progress. If someone posts something
in game
that you want to react to or comment on or laugh at for whatever reason...Don't hit the reply button so that you can copy and paste whatever it is and then paste it in the dead thread, there's too much of a chance that you will accidentally post in the game after you are dead...causing a problem. Yes, I did this one time as well and learned from it.
instead do this:
Click the PM button on the left there, right under the person's avatar. This will generate a quote of the post in PM format. Cut and paste that into the dead thread instead with whatever comment you have in mind.

Good luck to all.

P Edit @Aristophanes, yes. I know Noodle. He's from my home site. He is his own character, has played mafia before (never here so he's new to the way things work here). I'll let him speak for himself but I will say that regardless of if he's Scum!Noodle or Town!Noodle... Noodle is Noodle. His mind works in his own way.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 10, Gorny wrote:More serious:

I'm Gorny, one of your SE Players. While I'm not the IC, I want to offer up a few points for newer people here:

Some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid (Like I fell into early on)...Don't PM other players in the game(s) you are playing, even if it's innocent. It very well could cause both your slot and the slot of the player you sent a PM to to be compromised, causing both of you to be force replaced. Yes, I did this one time and learned my lesson. Secondly, once dead you will have access to the dead thread. We all watch the games as they are in progress. If someone posts something
in game
that you want to react to or comment on or laugh at for whatever reason...Don't hit the reply button so that you can copy and paste whatever it is and then paste it in the dead thread, there's too much of a chance that you will accidentally post in the game after you are dead...causing a problem. Yes, I did this one time as well and learned from it.
instead do this:
Click the PM button on the left there, right under the person's avatar. This will generate a quote of the post in PM format. Cut and paste that into the dead thread instead with whatever comment you have in mind.

Good luck to all.

P Edit @Aristophanes, yes. I know Noodle. He's from my home site. He is his own character, has played mafia before (never here so he's new to the way things work here). I'll let him speak for himself but I will say that regardless of if he's Scum!Noodle or Town!Noodle... Noodle is Noodle. His mind works in his own way.
Fixed, changed to "Like I fell into early on"
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 13, Aristophanes wrote:Hmmm???

Me?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 12, Gorny wrote:
In post 10, Gorny wrote:More serious:

Some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
(Like I fell into early on)
...Don't PM other players in the game(s) you are playing, even if it's innocent. It very well could cause both your slot and the slot of the player you sent a PM to to be compromised, causing both of you to be force replaced. Yes, I did this one time and learned my lesson. Secondly, once dead you will have access to the dead thread. We all watch the games as they are in progress. If someone posts something
in game
instead do this:

Good luck to all.

Fixed, changed to "Like I fell into early on"
I changed what's in color there.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Gorny »

Welcome!
Is that fucking batman?: Zachstralkita
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:47 am

Post by Gorny »

Oh hey inferno and acid... funny seeing the two of you here lol.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Gorny »

No. I'm referring to another game the three 9f us are in. I can't say anything more as it's in progress now.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Gorny »

@ Porkens I can't help it... every time I see your name I think..

Spoiler: Porkins!
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Gorny »

I dunno either. I'm going to go back to watching NCIS, The Flash and doc shows while you argue about gambits and fallacies.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Gorny »

8f you all want to do the BP thing, it's fine by me
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Gorny »

I'll be up. If that was directed at me....
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Gorny »

bop doot
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Gorny »

Car 54...Noodle Where are you?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 23, Aristophanes wrote:Porkens!!!
You and I are the only pre-2017ers here! :O

Hey Acid!
Why vote me instead of starting your own wagon?

DW, what is the point of voting the person who has not yet confirmed? I see none.
\

I had considered joining this site in '09/'10 but for some reason ...never did.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Gorny »

I'm in yo.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Gorny »

In post 108, northsidegal wrote:it seems like we've spent a lot of the start of this game on things that aren't mafia, but i'm still interested!

That's typical RVS.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 126, northsidegal wrote:so wait, why are we doing this again? i just realized how much of a distraction this really is.

VOTE: porkens

Do you think that Porkens is scum/could be scum and is doign the game thing for some reason to further that??
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 149, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 148, Nauci wrote::x

I came here because I wanted to play mafia

But not with such huge jerks any more
Don't worry, you've come to the right place! Sure, we have our select bunch of jerks, but this place is nice and tame compared to what I've seen :)

Also are you scum?

Yeah we have our select bunch of jerks and trolls, but there are some cool people too.

That said, Im not using time zone as a basis for lynching someone, unless they scum slip or lie. It's NAI for sure.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Gorny »

Noodle does seem to be on the quiet side, he said he was here and catching up, that was 13 hours ago.

This is his usual pattern based off of what I know of him, though I would like to see him add to the game a bit, so I'm adding some pressure by way of vote.

UNVOTE: Darrenwoodward10

VOTE: Noodle
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 158, Aristophanes wrote:When a vote is stated as a pressure vote the pressure that vote creates is lessened.

Porkins, das cool. I'll keep in mind that tone reading you will be skewed this game!

True. But The Noodle is an odd sort of creature. Not to be confused with Creature. I know how The Noodle thinks too. He could be watching from the shadows as any alignment. That's Noodle in a nutshell. It's forcing him into the light that's the tricky part.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 160, Porkens wrote:
In post 159, Gorny wrote:
In post 158, Aristophanes wrote:When a vote is stated as a pressure vote the pressure that vote creates is lessened.

Porkins, das cool. I'll keep in mind that tone reading you will be skewed this game!

True. But The Noodle is an odd sort of creature. Not to be confused with Creature. I know how The Noodle thinks too. He could be watching from the shadows as any alignment. That's Noodle in a nutshell. It's forcing him into the light that's the tricky part.
Forcing or inviting?

Difficult one to answer. You technically cannot force Noodle. So it's more of an invitation. That said, Noodle meta is that he does things in his own way and on his own time frame.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 162, Nauci wrote:Why is Inferno in the clear?

Why so many excuses for Noodle?

Hmmmmmm
Seems like you're the one with an Inferno beef. Make your case then.

As to Noodle, one post. It's not enough to scum read or town read.

Where do you see excuses?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 164, Nauci wrote:I don't have beef with inferno. I just want to know why he's at the top of porkens' list.

You just post twice excusing noodle for lurking. ?
Watch how you word things there. I pointed out how he plays - as either alignment. This isn't an excuse for lurking. Lurking in itself is NAI.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 170, Nauci wrote:
In post 166, Gorny wrote:This isn't an excuse for lurking. Lurking in itself is NAI.
VOTE: Gorny

Two can play that game.

VOTE: Nauci

See?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Gorny »

Here's a reads list of mine, comments as to how and why I am reading to follow in next post.

Aristophanes (SE)
Darren
Northsidegal

Porky (IC)
Noodle
Inferno

Acid (SE)

Nauci
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Gorny »

Spoiler: Aristophanes
Null currently but leaning town. Jokingly voted Accountant in his first post (Accountant isn't in this game)
Also beat me to the first post.

^ above is NAI

He seems pretty relaxed, asks a few questions. Also seems overly friendly. He's interacting with people playing the game, not being dodgy, not asking an excessive amount of questions. Advises Nauci about claiming VT d1. Definate town points.

He seems the most town, but if Aristo really is scum, he's doing a good job of blending in at the moment, time will tell.

Spoiler: Darren
Also feels town. Col, calm and collected. Pokes at Inferno a bit after Inferno seemed a bit defensive after Porkens called for another vote on Inferno.
He's also poking people for reactions and asking questions as to why people voted the way they did, if there wasn't much of an explanation or if the reason why someone voted doesn't add up.

Darren seems town, but I'm not convinced yet. I'm more comfortable sorting him as null leaning town.

Spoiler: Northsidegal
She's Null but seems town.

Asked about the BP strat early on but did not really come out and say "let's do it" or something similar.
Noticed Inferno acting casual and points out that he's concerned. Nothing from NSG pings me a scummy so far.

Spoiler: Porkey
Null (possible scum)on Porkey. No IC comentary, just jumps straight into the RVS, vots Inferno and then immediately asks for another vote on inferno. Not sure why. Seems like he want's to find out any information he can on people asap. Poking at inferno in and asking if inferno is trying to act casual. Then in asking if Noodle and I are buddies. I admit, I do know they guy.

The thing that pings the most is his "little information gathering" game in that he kept asking for players to get involved in via previous postings. He says he wanted to help people get to know each other. Hmmm..

Though the contents of his posts at and after seem more town sided.

This is why Im keeping him at null with a slight scum lean for now.

Spoiler: Noodle
Hard to say. While I do know Noodle, his lack of posting is NAI. Especially this early. I had him at null based on his first post, though taking into account his next two posts, he goes to null leaning scum. It seems like he's coasting at the moment and letting things fall where they will. He's not helping the game by poking anyone with questions, nor is he giving much content to react to or form some kind of read.

Noodle is Null but leaning scum, possibly more scum than Porky's lean.

Spoiler: inferno
I having a hard time putting a read on Inferno. He's seeming null with the casual stance, even saying he's not defensive but casual.
He did move for the BP claim, which even though it can produce a confirmed innocent...it also gives scum setup info.
One thing that does stand out is he asks the mod as to whether or not we should use the BP Strat. As far as I remember, there's no reason to ask the mod. Its a consensus among the players.
Though he is asking questions and poking for answers with his posts after , it doesn't seem overly scum worthy to me.

Inferno is true Nulll at this point.

Spoiler: Acid
Acid is a scum read to me.

My strongest reasons why are as follows:
1. Him wanting to find out people's alignments via his "spew alignment game" that along with his colored LAMIST statement in Seems less townlike and more like an attempt to try and get someone to slip up and say something about not only their alignment but also their role. It just doesn't sit right with me.

2. Saying he's town in While he could be town, scum would also say that they are town just to try and stay alive.

3. In He says he's deliberately ignoring the game. While not really scummy in itself, it seems a bit scummy when you take #1 and #2 into account. At least it does to me.

4. "please don't lynch me"......What? Doesn't everyone want that outcome?

5. Not realizing a vote on someone was a wagon. Please.

It's not any one of the above that screams scum, it's all of them added together that start to pile up and look more and more scummy.

Spoiler: Nauci
My strongest scum read.

1. Her very first post was "Vanilla town here" - That's always scummy when someone does it. Mafia will claim Vanilla town right up to the point of lynch and beyond. I was suspicious as soon as I saw this. If she is vanilla, why not let her game play show that rather than right away say, hey look at me, I'm vanilla! Also there's the bit about her "power role"

2.The "yes, that is my cat post" ...totally NAI and doesn;t really have anything to do with the game, fluff post.

3. she doesn't know what NAI is? Ok, I'll give her that one as I did not know it myself when I first came here.

4. The vote on Darren in . Seems like her vote there was beased on her policy of voting people in different time zones, and not based on some valid reason or scum tell.

5. "am not scum" in . Ok that there is suspicious in itself.

6. : " Why is Inferno in the clear? Why so many excuses for Noodle? Hmmmmmm" If she doesn't have a beef with Inferno, then why ask why he's in the clear? When asked about it and asked to make a case on Inferno, she backed down. As to Noodle, she said that I just post twice excusing him for lurking. I never did. I just pointed out his play style. When I stated that Lurking was NAI, she knee-jerk-reaction-voted me and later listed me as one of her scum reads.

7. If she wants to poke the bear that's fine. One of two things will happen with Noodle:

Either he shows up and posts more and people can draw their own conclusions and reads. or. He eventually gets prod replaced and we have someone else in that slot. Either works.

8. She says I'm being "excessively defensive" How so?

9. She doesn't understand the last two pages. That's sounds pretty convenient from a scum point of view.

10. Lastly, if she really thought I was scum, she would have kept her vote on me, and not jumped onto Acid. Seems like she's voting whoever she thinks is the best lynch wagon. Another scum tell. Not wanting to be the first for starting the wagon if there's a town flip, or the hammer if there's a town flip.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Gorny »

Also I don't think two different players with cat avatars means anything.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Gorny »

@Mod you have two votes on Nauci but only me voting.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 208, acidphoenix wrote:VOTE: gorny

noodle you should at least have something

and people would appreciate it if you posted closer to that faster pace :>
In post 229, Noodle wrote:
In post 208, acidphoenix wrote:VOTE: gorny

and people would appreciate it if you posted closer to that faster pace :>
Yeah, you're probably right. :shrugs:

I find this suspicious.

@Noodle, why would you edit the part of Acid's post directed at you out? Are you hiding something?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Gorny »

In post 231, Porkens wrote:Here's a fun game, popcorn your guess for scumteam. Popcorn means I'll start and then pick someone to go next. It stops whenever someone chickens out :)

unvote

I'm guessing it's gorny and northsidegal :)

Acid you go next.
In post 263, acidphoenix wrote:gorny / Darren

gorny turn

Aristo/Noodle

Northside turn
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 289, Porkens wrote:But you think I'm scrum, right?

scrum? :lol:
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Gorny »

^ That may be the biggest "scrum slip" I've ever seen!
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Gorny »

Dunno dude.

But regarding phone posting...I've been hit by the auto correct monster often enough.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 294, Nauci wrote:Gorny I'm pretty sure that your avatar makes me naturally biased against you.

Guess you don't like Batman then.

I'm leaving it.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Gorny »

Still awake, but not for long.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Gorny »

Yrah I do see.... something.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by Gorny »

Hmm. I noticed low activity, and a lot of joking around....

Going to wait and see what others comment on this.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Gorny »

By that reasoning, Noodle falls into the same category. He's not scum hunting eithet, in fact, he's not doing much at all. Less so than Aristophanes.

Thoughts?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by Gorny »

Ok fine.
VOTE: Aristophanes
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Gorny »

Therrs not going to be a lol hammer porky, well at least nit on Aristo. On you, possibly.

UNVOTE: Aristophanes
VOTE: porkens
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Gorny »

I'm not BP.

Dinner time.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Gorny »

Porkens, if you think I'm scum, go ahead and give your reasons why you think I am scum and I'll go over it and give my reasons why you're wrong.

Oh yeah and what's up with your earlier votes on:

Noodle (You said it's a "real" vote but did not bother to say why or give any reason.)

Acid You said we should shake this tree. Why?

Aristophanes I get, as you pointed out he was not scum hunting when you asked last to ISO him.
-I pointed out he wasn't posting much (as is Noodle), then you jumped on me right away for defending Noodle. My point was in a way, neither of them were posting much, and based on that, not scum hunting.

Your vote on Inferno "That does it." What does it? What was the straw there that made you vote him? Was it what he said in the post before or something else?

In your error post You come out and say that it's either him or you. Something is odd there. Maybe not scummy but anti town, and not playing to your wincon for sure.
My point is that if you believe someone to be scum, why are you offering yourself up to be lynched vs them at all?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 422, Nauci wrote:lol Gorny

Calling for the bp claims this late was suuuuuuuper scummy

I don't know why everyone keeps making Porkens defend incredibly obvious votes!

How are they obvious? If you look at the votes in question the reason why isn't obvious. Or are they obvious for some reason only known to you and possibly Porkens? That would make perfect sense then.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Gorny »

Also Naucy...it's really odd of you to point out that calling for the BP claim "this late" (ts still D1) is SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUper scummy
after you claimed not BP
, when you could have pointed out the same before you claimed bot bp or in place of claiming not bp.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 425, Nauci wrote:I can't really explain why something is obvious to someone who didn't see it. I can only say that it *should* have been obvious.

Also, after like 4 people decided to start playing the bp game there really wasn't any point not going along. Initiating it though, that's fucking scummy.

Your point about "I can't really explain why something is obvious to someone who didn't see it. I can only say that it *should* have been obvious." Is complete Bullshit, You can't explain why it's obvious because it isn't and you don't have anything better to come up with.

Same goes for earlier in the game when you accused me for being excessively weird and defensive regarding Noodle (). Darren then asked you in if you could refer to a post if mine that you found excessively defensive. You never did.
Your next few posts: "Porkens did you mean to misspell your vote?", "I don't understand the last 2 pages. What Porkens is doing is precisely scum hunting. I have acid, Gorny, darren, and Noodle on my scummy list and Porkens on scum hunting list." "I agree *Vote on Acid was here*, Rather convenient to just pop back in and jump on the Gorny bandwagon!" "Hmmmmm I am satisfied for now.",
Then in Where you answer my scum read on you with:
Gorny:

I'm on mobile so I'm not going to try to quote that giant post. If I forget to address anything let me know

1: I enjoy being generally trolly and announcing all sorts of claims. VT, arson, jailer, etc. Am actually town aligned witch!
2: I said "am not scum" because someone had just asked me if I'm scum. I am not scum.
3: Lurking is definitely a scummy thing to do, not NAI. Defending lurking is also scummy.
4: You've post multiple times saying Noodles weird behavior is actually normal, giving him excuses to hide scumminess behind. Smells like scum teaming!
5: I don't really know how to explain why I think your posts are overly defensive without writing out a psychology essay so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For now my reads are on the quiet people, so Noodle and... Hmm. I'll have to take another look in the morning.

Also lol @ the bus joke. Where I'm from, bussing means one scum throwing another under the bus!

VOTE: Noodle
Based on the time stamps of those posts, you seemed to have ignored or chosen to just not answer his question about what you found excessively defensive about me.

You posted about me being "excessively defensive" at 1:30 AM on Thursday, Darren posted at 9:50 AM CST Thursday morning with his question directed at you, your next few posts go through Friday morning at at 3:43 AM.

That's plenty of time for you to have answered if you wanted to. I don't think its a matter of you not seeing something or forgetting to respond, because you would have eventually done so and commented on it for what it was worth. You never did.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 427, Porkens wrote:Phone format

Dude seriously. That's the reason why I don't go into long winded posts from mobile lol.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #47) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 431, Nauci wrote:
In post 177, darrenwoodward10 wrote:I've had a look at Gorny's ISO, can you refer to a post that you find excessively defensive?
I actually glossed over this post without seeing it. Oops. I vaguely remember thinking "what the hell is ISO?"

Kind of funny how you comment on it all of a sudden now.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 435, Nauci wrote:I'm actually willing to believe gorny is town, but misguided.
ROFL.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Gorny »

Sure Porky...

...Once Upon a Time, there were 13 Dwarves and one Hobbit and one Wizard........
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Gorny »

I don't CC
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Gorny »

Or did I already earlier?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #52) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 484, Porkens wrote:
In post 476, darrenwoodward10 wrote:
In post 462, Porkens wrote:
unvote
My turn to ask a question to you, Porkens:
Why the sudden unvote?
Seriously, that wall of text that Aristo posted is nothing new and doesn't make him look any less scummy. He just pokes at people with questions and weird reactions like "BaRf EmOji" and "I lOl'D aT tHiS XXXDDDDDDD"
Not to put any pressure on you, Aristo, but can you outright say who you actually think is the scummiest rather than do this?
Well, I thought Aris was scummy for the reasons I have mentioned. I asked if anyone was in-thread, and Gorny answered. I asked him to read Aris before I told him why. He did and said he saw "something". So I explained what I had seen, and voted. He argued for maybe 2 posts, and then crumbled and hopped his vote onto Aris. Then a couple more people did. And then Northsidegal said "That wagon was too fast" and I thought "Ah! She's right!" So I went bravado and voted for Gorny to see if he would crumble again. Unfortunately, I was scumread for that by at least one person who had thought I was town before that. I should have kept my vote on Aris.

Later, as the hours went by and people kept talking, I thought maybe I was now the easy mislynch, and tried to see who was pushing me. Then, Aris shows back up, says NOTHING meaningful other than "Yeah Porkens is probably scum" and leaves again.

He has a zillion reasons not to contribute, and he looks like fucking scum. So now I think it's him and Gorny or maybe even him and Northsidegal.

Then I realize that in order to get the focus off of myself and back onto scum, I needed to accept the claim strategy. I wanted NSG to be town because that's how I read her. So I just decided to go with that. I shit on her claim idea, and she was offended. Then I tried to force her to play my way, and that pissed her off. I'm assuming all of this and I'm sorry whether I'm wrong or not. I don't know the BP strat.

But then I misread and thought "oh, this is insane, the doc claims? wtf" But claimed "not doctor" because I was committed to following what I thought I was supposed to do. It was also around this time that Aris came back with a good post. Actually I think Acid did too, but I was already townreading him. So now I have a pretty strong townread on:

Aristoph
NorthSideGal
Acidpheonix

I really want to scumread Inferno and Gorny, but I also feel like only 1 might be scum in there.

Outside of those I feel pretty iffy about Nauci, I'm getting OK with Darren, and who am I forgetting?

whoever I'm forgetting is scummy.
Crumble?

Dude it was after 2 AM and I put the phone down and went to sleep. It seems like you're going from person to person trying to put pressure on them, either by way of votes and saying you will put them to L-1 to see what happens or you put up a game or point out something about someone and then vote. If and when someone also votes the same you then unvote and react.

You may be town and trying to catch scum with all of that and that's great but I think you're also trying to pressure people so you can get information about other people's roles.

If Aristo is telling the truth and he is the BP, no one counterclaimed so far (also accounting for Noodle being MIA which does not help), meaning that unless Aristo is lying and Noodle's slot is the one that can CC, we have no Doc or Cop. We have either a Tracker or Jail Keeper.

I think you already knew that and are trying to figure out who that role is.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #53) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 519, Porkens wrote:To me, this is what "over defensive" looks like.
In post 520, Porkens wrote:
In post 81, Gorny wrote:8f you all want to do the BP thing, it's fine by me
Sure it does.

How could I already know anything, btw?
Why the misquote?

Answer: We all know as soon as one town claims, scum know the setup based on what roles they were assigned and you have been doing a lot of fishing this game both by way of your mini games (tbh, this is the first time I've seen anything like that, no other IC has done anything like it), and also by way of your poking people by voting them and seeing what might happen if other people also vote.

All in all it seems like you're looking for something, doesn't it?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Gorny »

^messed up there.

"Sure it does should be between the two quotes and not inside the second.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 523, Porkens wrote:
In post 521, Gorny wrote:
Sure it does.

Why the misquote?

Answer: We all know as soon as one town claims, scum know the setup based on what roles they were assigned and you have been doing a lot of fishing this game both by way of your mini games (tbh, this is the first time I've seen anything like that, no other IC has done anything like it), and also by way of your poking people by voting them and seeing what might happen if other people also vote.

Yes, I am looking...

Spoiler:
for scum ;)

Aren't we all?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 524, Porkens wrote:
In post 521, Gorny wrote:
Sure it does.

Why the misquote?

You don't consider the possibility that town would fake claim BP?

Anything's possible.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 525, Porkens wrote:Here's another game:

Assuming I'm town, why do I do the things I do?

Assuming I'm scum, why do I do the things I do?

As I

A) am not a mind reader

B) never played with you before

I can't answer this questiond
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 526, Nauci wrote:Gorny I don't understand your reads *at all*.

Porkens isn't even the one who began the bp claim game. Or asked for it.

IIRC he and I were against it.
I never said Porkens started it. Don't make stuff up.

Also, if you don't understand, I can't make it and clearer. I don't have an English to Nauci translator so you'll have to wing it.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 531, Porkens wrote:I believe his claim. Do you?

I don't have a reason not to. He hasn't lied or intentionally omitted something (for example like Noodle did), or done anything scum worthy that would cause me *not* to believe him.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Gorny »

Nauci - answer the following question.

Is your vote and your reasons for voting me biased?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 598, Nauci wrote:It's not biased because you were targetting me.

It's based on your reasoning methods and attitude in general.

Will you answer my question about what mini games you were referring to, and why you're reading them as scumfishing?

I'm not going to answer your questions, as I just caught you in a lie, actually more than one lie, you should be lynched for lying as scum lie.

As to Porkens games, feel free to ISO him, also as to Porkens games, I never said anything about scum fishing you did and by doing that, that's one lie of yours. I specifically said fishing. Since I think Porkens is scum, what would he be fishing for. Not scum of course....but ROLE FISHING!

Did the lightbulb in your head just go on?

As to the second lie, you literally just said"it's not biased because...."

Huge lie.

Remember back when you said that my avatar makes you pretty sure that you are biased against me.

Remember that? No?

Here, let me refresh your memory:
In post 294, Nauci wrote:Gorny I'm pretty sure that your avatar makes me naturally biased against you.

So since you are biased, against me, that makes any votes by you biased, any reads you have biased, any arguments or counter arguments biased.

You're making it personal and attacking the player and not the play, and that's playing against your wincon if you're town.

Another point about you that I noticed: you always use the word "lunch" instead of "lynch." It's not like Porkens scum and scrum, where he admits to getting hit with the autocorrect monster...you're "lunching" all the time. Is this a signal to your scum partner? I bet it is.

You should be lynched simply for lying.

Since I believe Porkens is scum, my vote stays on him, but if you become a viable lynch today I will vote or hammer you (either of you) without intent. So consider this an intent to hammer either of you.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #62) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Gorny »

Good job town.

I have some feedback for a few people starting with myself. It might take a while as I'm going to be away from my PC for most of the day.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #63) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Gorny »

I'll start with myself first:

I shouldn't have said much or anything at all regarding Noodle in game, while everything I said about him is true (and in the scum PT, I pointed out to Darren that I wanted him to at least live through D1.) That was my first mistake, it compromised my role and started making me look suspicious early on. I purposely voted Darren early in an attempt to throw people off. A new tactic that I used this game but won't do every time I'm scum. I also had ways of pointing things out to Darren, but I'm keeping those cards to myself.

Second thing I did was accidentally dropping a doc gambit in this game, it was meant for another game. As soon as I did it I thought I was screwed but it looked like no one caught it. As The BP Strat came into play I figured out the setup, and still pretty much thought I was going to get lynched because of the doc play, and the suspicion with Noodle. Noodle had some IRL issues come up and ended up with too much to handle, though how he posted is him to the letter.

One thing I've learned in almost 10 years of playing mafia in various forms on other forums and here is a golden rule per se: No matter how innocent something you post seems, or even if it's a humor post and not serious...it can and will likely be used against you, either by scum in an attempt at lynching you or discrediting you, or by suspicious town. Nauci you did this. You what was (in your explanation during the game), a comment about my avatar making you biased against me. Bad move and here's why: Granted I was scum this game but it's fair game to use in an attack against you. Thats why i asked and used it to catch you in a lie, i was using the "all liars should be lynched play." The way you busted out laughing could have also backfired, what would have happened if I flipped town? You might have been on the hits eat the next day. Also had I not said anything about Noodle, or did the doc gambit on accident, I might have looked less scummy.

On to lurking being NAI: Nauci, we have a difference of opinion here. First thing, from my point of view while the game was live, I should have let that ride or agreed. Had I not said anything or agreed u would have looked less suspicious. However lurking is NAI. Why? Because both alignments do it. It also comes down to how one defines lurking. Was it acting like Noodle was? Was it coasting and not really posting much? Was it what I was doing? I'm a habitual lurker. I play but I'm also very likely to be hanging back, reading, thinking and looking for things, etc, etc. Lastly as far as lurking being NAI, maybe a newer player or first time scum might try to stay under the radar "keeping his or her head down" and trying not to get caught. But experienced scum know this and know that someone who is lurking and not doing much will be suspect...so they act like town and blend in. One of my scum mentors said "forget you're scum, play like you're town."

Nsg: Darren said early on that you were an easy one to convince and that maybe we could use that against you. He was right. Remember when I put up that reads list? You stated that. There's no way I could be scum after working on it. (Or something to that effect.) False. I was playing as if I was town there, attempting to blend in (and it worked there). My goal was to come up with a reads list and stick with it and have it be consistent and if I changed something, have a good explanation backed up by something concrete.

The most town seeming player can be scum. The seemingly scummy looking player can be town. I've noticed that when I have people listed as town on a readslist, at least one is possibly scum.

@Porkens: maybe you have your own IC style but it seemed off to me, while you did some mini games and stuff like that, you did not really get into any of the points that I've seen other IC's do in other games, no talk about town play vs scum play, How to play or what do do as either alignment or as one role or another. You were pretty basis and seemed to be playing like an SE.

As far as the gameplay itself, like I said, I was near positive I was going to get lynched D1 or D2 at the latest. Darren targeted the tracker by sheer luck I think, had I been alive it would have been either Porkens or Nauci killed. Why? As to Nauci, you made another mistake which opened you up to an NK: 1. You claimed VT as soon as you replaced in. Don't do this. It's makes you suspicious to both town and scum, town because people will think you're hiding something and may be scum. Suspicious to scum because scum may think you're hiding a PR. Aristophanes commented on you doing that, he'he's right. Don't claim VT unless you are in a situation where you have to (like L-1), also you were jokingly claiming to be a power role. Bad idea. Being scum, I had everyone marked down on a note pad as to who I suspected of being a PR, you were one of 3 names.

I suspected (strongly) Porkens because of the murder she wrote line. But looking back at it I think he was trying to draw the NK on purpose. My intent was to try and get Porkens lynched D1 at first possibly claiming doc and later tracker (referencing my earlier soft claim as a basis) I would have either gone down D1 or D2, I knew from the start that I was not going to live long this game.

I don't have much more to say about anyone else at this point. I can look over the game and comment again later.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (isolation #64) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:16 am

Post by Gorny »

Another point on sniffing out PR's I've noticed that newer players may slip more and either obv crumb or soft claim, more seasoned players either make a very carefully hidden soft like Ari did, or say nothing at all. As scum, I'm looking for any hint of a PR I can see and just keeping track of it for later. Even the slightest hint. Then I (from this point on) will look at if the player is newer or more seasoned, for a soft vs an attempt to draw the NK). This is why Nauci was at the top of my NK list. Porkens too, before I was lynched. But from this point on I'll consider the possibility of an attempt to draw the NK.

Anyone watch NCIS? I have a "Gibbs Rules" list of my own for playing mafia games. Most of those I won't tell because they give away my meta, but one rule (since it soon won't make a difference is "ALWAYS CLAIM NOT BP" I came up with that early on, even though it can cause a PR to claim. I've crossed that off. Another rule is: never personally attack someone, and try to be civil.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (isolation #65) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:19 am

Post by Gorny »

I'm also much better at games where you don't know anything about the setup going in. We did not have newbie games on my home site and aside from the basics, our games vary wildly as far as setup, riles beyond basic format and stuff. So it shows in my playstyle. That and I'm used to 48/24 :p
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (isolation #66) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Gorny »

I was going to attempt the "I'm a power role" play in hopes of getting you lynched. To be more specific, I was going to attempt to say I was the tracker and back it up by saying the soft I did earlier (NCIS and doc shows or whatever) as the crumb to it, I knew that the doc part was washed out already so I was going to say something about how they track what happened and that I had sifted tracker with that. I was going to throw that against your comment about murder she wrote, hoping that people would buy it and you would get lynched. Though I knew that could easily backfire. Inferno would likely have claimed too. I had also considered claiming doc but knew the chances on that working were slim to none, actually none considering the BP strat. I thought of claiming jail keeper but that would have backfired.

I was sick that night and pretty much went to sleep. I had a code post ready to tell Darren to NK you in a last ditch attempt too lol. But he lucked out on Inferno (and Inferno never claimed or crumbled Tracker either.) Darren lucked out there.

Town did not know we were two goons
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #67) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Gorny »

Eh town did not know (at first) that it was a 2 goon setup, but that did not last long.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”