Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Firaja »

VOTE: Everyone Else
Because most of us are town, but Everyone Else is mafia.

(Its the best i could come up with ok... :lol: )
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Firaja »

Am i the only one that thinks this "statistics" talk is a little distracting/pointless?

I get it's a joke but it rubs me the wrong way for some reason...
IGMEOY UC Voyager and cytheflyguy
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Firaja »

It seems a little weird to me is all, because it is early on it probably is nothing but i feel like a fair bit of focus was put on it when it needn't have.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Firaja »

Katyusha wrote:Trans, what do you have to say?
Firaja wrote:It seems a little weird to me is all, because it is early on it probably is nothing but i feel like a fair bit of focus was put on it when it needn't have.
I mean yeah it's irrelevant and anything irrelevant that gets focused on always gets too much attention, so...

out of the two of them which one is pinging you more? if at all?

If anyhing i'd say cytheflyguy looks a little worse from it simply because his couple of comments on it is what made it into more of a thing and started the conversation on it. But as i said before because it's early on it is probably nothing, just something I'm keeping in mind for now.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 38, Everyone Else wrote:
In post 8, Firaja wrote:VOTE: Everyone Else
Because most of us are town, but Everyone Else is mafia.

(Its the best i could come up with ok... :lol: )
:lol:

vote transcend
Why?
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Firaja »

Right, however using something out of seemingly nothing is a little sketchy to me. Trying to take something seemingly irrelevant and potwbtially turn it into something else is what is runbing me the wrong way here as it may be a potential to cause misdirection.
Again this is all a bit of a reach as it is a bit early, but i do see your point as well of cy trying to find substance and add to the discussion.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Firaja »

Potentially*
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 45, Katyusha wrote:
In post 42, Firaja wrote:Right, however using something out of seemingly nothing is a little sketchy to me. Trying to take something seemingly irrelevant and potwbtially turn it into something else is what is runbing me the wrong way here as it may be a potential to cause misdirection.
Again this is all a bit of a reach as it is a bit early, but i do see your point as well of cy trying to find substance and add to the discussion.
I'm not really making the connection of how turning the discussion from "haha let's ql trans for memes hes statistically more likely to be scum" to "how do I read trans?" is a scummy diversion of attention. town wants to be able to read the rest of the table to ultimately find scum

Btw, I'm assuming you're new? do you have prior experience on a forum if so?
Firstly, to answer your question, I played on this site around 5-6 years ago, however forgot the password to my account, and lost access to the email linked to it, and so made this one because I wanted to give this a shot again.

Back on Topic; As i said before, I see where you are coming from, and as the thread has progressed it is clear cy is trying to add content and looking back it does make sense that they were trying to find something to work with. My original viewpoint was the UCV was making a joke, and it looked like cy was trying to turn it into something more major than it needed to be, which is why I said it was becoming distractive/irrelevant.
However after seeing this post;
cytheflyguy wrote:Well I mean, what would you like me to do on the first page? If you look at the first thing I said, I go off the logic of someone else, not just straight up asking for meta with no context. I was trying to work with someone else to get the game rolling.
I am willing to admit I may have jumped the gun a little, and I didn't actually see it that way when in the moment last night.

I am leaning towards cy and Katyusha being town at this point simply for the reason that they are pushing valid reasons for suspecting me because of my misinterpretation of the cy/UCV interaction at the beginning of the game, and while I am still a little sceptical of the exchange in general, I believe my sights may have been temporarily diverted in the wrong direction.

One last thing before I move on,
Katyusha wrote:Ah, OK

I'm not really happy with the cy push in general since firaja supports it (besides me townreading cy)
I did not support the cy push, I simply stated an opinion on an event that happened, I even said it was a little early to take too much from it at that point. If I supported the push, I would have voted cy. I didn't because I still was unsure at the time.
However now, thanks to the points raised by you and cy, I am not.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: UC Voyager

and here's why;
Looking back at the original exchange that I felt a bit weird on, what I overlooked was UCV pushing a little hard on this point with posts #14 and #15, and then explaining in "detail" with post #17. Due to this, I now understand how it may have been seen as an actual point against Transcend instead of a joke, which I first believed was the intention. Again, due to this, it seems that UCV was the one actually being distracting here, as he kept pushing this point through to post #75, before discounting it as "Joke Logic" - causing a distracting exchange which he then seemed to make mean seemingly nothing. I don't understand why he let the exchange go on so long, and make it seem that he was being serious to just discount it all after the fact.

Also once discussion had started this post;
UCV wrote:i am not an alt
Rubs me the wrong way, as it is adding nothing at all, and as discussion had started by then, there is little excuse for it in my opinion.

Moving away from UCV for a second (because I still have 2 pages of the thread to read... :P)

cy wrote:Once again, he refuses to specify any points. At all. The difference between you and him is the fact that you use sources, you recall specific instances, and you fleshout your thoughts. Even in your first few points about the situation, you came across way more town they he did. That's why I townread you and scumread him.
I didn't have a lot to flesh out at that point, as it was just an observation at that point more than anything else, I didn't say I thought you were scum because of it, so didn't feel the need to push a case through, but I think with the small amount of information I had (2 pages) I explained why I thought the way I did about the information the best I could. Please explain further if I am misinterpreting this though? But I thought I did use the example I was referring to as much as I could at that time.
Transcend wrote:Guys no novels plz
But "Novels" are us expressing our opinions, how else would you like us to catch scum?
Katyusha wrote: ok i guess this is what i wanted to get at

you think this is newbscummy or just newb?
I am unsure, the reason why I said it *could* be scummy is because of the potential focus on something seemingly irrelevant (but as I explained above, I do now see this as making UCV look more Scummy that cy). The reason I said I have my eye on cy isn't because I necessarily believe he is Scum, but because if this becomes a constant thing it could lead me to believe he is. However, his recent posts have me leaning away from this view.
In post 140, Zachstralkita wrote:
havo
transcend
firaja
Hi.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:53 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 145, Zachstralkita wrote:what do you think scum should like to do in RVS, firaja?
Active scum may try to try and move it along with something seemingly irrelevant or push a lot of suspicion onto someone else.

Passive scum may try to try and lay low and let someone pull suspicion onto themselves so they can pass through the first part of the game unscathed.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Firaja »

Scum of course would be trying to look like they are scumhunting, however I believe (at least for the moment) Katyusha and cy are genuinely scumhunting, as they were using what they had at that time to show their reads.
The UCV "meta" discussion didn't really advance because of him, and while it did advance, he basically undid everything that was discussed to do with it by discarding it as a joke, which in affect discarded what was achieved due to it, which is why I find what he did scummy and distracting looking back.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Firaja »

@Zach
Zach wrote:Also your UC Voyager read is actually boggling and I didnt like his posts that much either
townread cy and Katy for adding game content but scumread UC Voyager for distracting the game
When that interaction actually was the start of advancing the game
Whether he's scum or town it was really clear the impression was joke-y
What was being distracted from tho
There doesn't need to be something being distracted from for something to be distracting. Yes it started the ball rolling, but what I specifically find strange about it is that UCV decided to seemingly take back all that was gained. Also the exchange in general did seem like kind of an excuse to look like it was a way of catching scum, so potentially people feigning scumhunting with information which was made irrelevant by UCV.
Keychain wrote:...What did you think UCV was going to do when someone took his joke seriously?
Not expand the point to make it look like he was serious? It made an exchange that could have ended in a post span on for about 3-5 posts per person involved.
Zachstralkita wrote: listen Ik im a little hyper but this shit is too quiet some of you motherfuckers are up to some shady activities
Can you expand on who you were referring to here, and why, I know one is me, because you explained that, but unless I missed something you didn't explain the other people on your scum list?

@Havo 191 - what was the point of this post? I assume you were agreeing with Zach here, so the same question to you, can you expand who you mean when you say this?
Schadd wrote:prob town
UCV has posted many times but none of their posts have much substance, and the only substance that was posted seemed to be filler, to look like they are scumhunting without providing any real information, why do you read them as prob town?
cy wrote:For what you addressed to me, my problem wasn't the fact that you were said anything bad about me, but that you were passively making a case against me with making very vague claims. That seems rather suspicious. Look at my argument against you and my reasoning for townrading Key. I'm still wary of you doe, but you do make a good point with UVC.
I don't see where I was passively making a case about you, I said the interaction was weird and stated I would have my eye on you both for if you continued in that fashion or did not. The only reason I said you were scum was I was asked who looked worse in the situation, to which I said *if anything* it would be you and explained why, bearing in mind it was at the time, and as time as gone on it is clear I jumped the gun here.
(If this sounds rude I apologise) but am I missing your point here? If so can you please help me see it so I can defend against it, because i'm not seeing it :x .
cy wrote:I don't think that's a logical argument to state something with no reasoning
But I gave reasoning as to why I found the exchange weird? And said why (at the time) I thought you looked slightly worse because of it?
Joda wrote:I feel like a lot of Cy's post are really forced and he's saying a lot of words without saying much of anything. The out-of-practice argument is still a reasonable explanation so I don't think I scumread him particularly hard yet.

UCV seems the most scummy to me so far. A ton of filler, no scum hunting, but has very clearly been active in this game.
you basically just said cy and UCV are doing the same thing, but you suspect UCV but not Cy?
This vote makes me question the UCV vote slightly... Seems like a scummy way to join the wagon and not gain too much suspicion for it... Hm...
Havo wrote:VOTE: Joda

I can roll with this
And the same can be said about Havo's Joda vote...

@Joda why do you suspect UCV
@Havo why do you supect Joda?
Joda wrote:I disagree. Like 90% of the first 10 pages are people interacting with one another in a way that shows that they have some familiarity. I don't know any of you and don't know how to respond to any of your interactions.
I don't know anyone here either... What is your point here?
@241 and 242 You don't like Transcends posts but you townread him? What?
(and reading Zachs Post 243 I realise this is an echo, but still...
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Firaja »

You just voted Joda to townreading them in less than a page, what?
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Firaja »

EBWOP: You just went from Voting Joda to townreading them in less than a page, what?*
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Firaja »

That wasn't what that post seemed to be getting at though? it seemed like it was saying a lot of people were acting scummy?

p-edit; It is day 1, but you just seemingly U-Turned on a read because of one post? which isn't that different than the other posts that Joda made?
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 255, Havo wrote:
In post 253, Firaja wrote:That wasn't what that post seemed to be getting at though? it seemed like it was saying a lot of people were acting scummy?

p-edit; It is day 1, but you just seemingly U-Turned on a read because of one post? which isn't that different than the other posts that Joda made?
Uh. Just because I vote someone doesn’t mean I hard SR them.

I agreed with Trans that Joda was a good candidate for pressure.
Since there wasn’t much else cooking at the time.

I liked her response because I can definitely relate to it.

So now for me it’s on to look somewhere else for now.
Fair enough, I like your response and now you've explained it I understand where you are coming from about your vote.

Also maybe I misinterpreted that post but I thought the post meant a lot of people were acting suspicious is where my question came from about it.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:04 am

Post by Firaja »

[Quote-"Zach"]Firaja the rest of that paragraph actually doesnt make sense
Every interaction provides information the way it is?
Uc didn't undo anything
So scumreading him by that metric is ???[/Quote]
I don't think you're understanding my point, so I will try and explain it a different way.
The reason I find UCV scummy is he seemed like he was trying to peg Transcend as Scum using "meta"/probabilities, which in my opinion isn't a valid reason, he let cy start a conversation about it, spanning a fair few posts, before saying it was "just a joke", derailing what had happened. This is scummy to me, because if he was joking the entire time, why did UCV let it escalate? That is what I mean by distracting and "undoing" what had happened, however I guess I explained that badly. Am I missing anything else out here?

[Quote="UCV]like. for reals

who rolls scum 60% of the time???????how could anyone take that seriously? PLUS IT WAS RVS
anyone who has used that as a way to scum hunt me has a good chance of being scum trying to take advantage of something like that![/Quote]
It isn't the fact that you made the joke UCV, it's the fact that you let it continue for longer than it needed to which is why I feel like it was distracting, and scummy.

[Quote="Joda]So when you're a town PR (who was outed and therefore roleblocked every night) you come right out and scum hunt openly, but when you're a vanilla civ you don't?[/Quote]
Does this look a little like rolefishing to anyone else...? Or am I overthinking it?

@Cytheflyguy I understand what you mean in post #279 I guess my reasoning to using more vague terms was because I didn't feel like it was indicative of your alignment, which is why I vaguely said "if anything..." however I do understand where you are coming from with it looking like I was passively pushing you/making a case against you.

@UCV, what are you current reads on people, who is scummiest and who is towniest to you and why?

@wave why...?
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 337, Firaja wrote:
Zach wrote:Firaja the rest of that paragraph actually doesnt make sense
Every interaction provides information the way it is?
Uc didn't undo anything
So scumreading him by that metric is ???
I don't think you're understanding my point, so I will try and explain it a different way.
The reason I find UCV scummy is he seemed like he was trying to peg Transcend as Scum using "meta"/probabilities, which in my opinion isn't a valid reason, he let cy start a conversation about it, spanning a fair few posts, before saying it was "just a joke", derailing what had happened. This is scummy to me, because if he was joking the entire time, why did UCV let it escalate? That is what I mean by distracting and "undoing" what had happened, however I guess I explained that badly. Am I missing anything else out here?
UCV wrote:like. for reals

who rolls scum 60% of the time???????how could anyone take that seriously? PLUS IT WAS RVS
anyone who has used that as a way to scum hunt me has a good chance of being scum trying to take advantage of something like that!
It isn't the fact that you made the joke UCV, it's the fact that you let it continue for longer than it needed to which is why I feel like it was distracting, and scummy.
Joda wrote:So when you're a town PR (who was outed and therefore roleblocked every night) you come right out and scum hunt openly, but when you're a vanilla civ you don't?
Does this look a little like rolefishing to anyone else...? Or am I overthinking it?

@Cytheflyguy I understand what you mean in post #279 I guess my reasoning to using more vague terms was because I didn't feel like it was indicative of your alignment, which is why I vaguely said "if anything..." however I do understand where you are coming from with it looking like I was passively pushing you/making a case against you.

@UCV, what are you current reads on people, who is scummiest and who is towniest to you and why?

@wave why...?
EBWOP because I'm an idiot.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 344, Zachstralkita wrote:my throat is numb
Uh....
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Firaja »

That isn't what I'm saying... I didn't say the discussion became worthless, I'm saying that it went on for longer than it should have and It can be seen as an attempt to look like they were scumhunting when they weren't, which is why I found the exchange scummy, but now that cy went from that and is actually scumhunting, while UCV still isn't is why moving on from that exchange is suspect UCV. (although with how quickly the wagon gained speed at the start, I am unsure if that's the case, but haven't seen a better wagon as of yet)
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Firaja »

In post 350, Zachstralkita wrote:
Firaja wrote:That isn't what I'm saying... I didn't say the discussion became worthless, I'm saying that it went on for longer than it should have and It can be seen as an attempt to look like they were scumhunting when they weren't, which is why I found the exchange scummy, but now that cy went from that and is actually scumhunting, while UCV still isn't is why moving on from that exchange is suspect UCV.

yea but the thing is I don't believe that you can actually believe this at this point
Attributing like motivation to UC's actions here is a super big reach
he hasn't been contributing but he seems very carefree etc also he may have dumbtold

reason you're probably scum over joda atm is cause joda has an actual town reason to have reasonably suspected UC Voyager

Also joda's reactions have actually been rather consistent throughout
I mean I've explained as much as I can about my view of the situation...

Need to do a reread some point this weekend to see if I am overlooking things because I'm tunnelling a bit hard on UCV, Might need to do it Sunday Night/Monday but yeah, just to solidify my read on some people.
Firaja
Firaja
Townie
Firaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Post by Firaja »

In post 383, Everyone Else wrote:Sorry for not being invested. I will try. So uh, who we lynching today?
At the moment it isn't clear, could you skim the thread or at least ISO people and let us know who you find scummy? :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”