Newbie 1827: Baseball Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1174, Thor665 wrote:I'm not sure why everyone is asking for me to offer a thought or opinion prior to us lynching.
I've said multiple times that, with both PRs alive and an even number of players that I think no lynch is the best play.
I still have that belief.
I actually don't know if I agree with this or not.

On the one hand, I am Scum reading pretty much everyone except Thor and that is just because of the claim. The sad news is that Thor is Scum reading me, which means if Thor survives night then Town prolly loses.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I am not twisting this for my own agenda because I still think activity is not AI. What I am saying is that you are having double standards when using that activity argument - it applies for some but not for others for whom it would be even more appropriate if you believe in such a thing as lurking=scum.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by wilky »

In post 1176, gameplay506 wrote:I am not twisting this for my own agenda because I still think activity is not AI. What I am saying is that you are having double standards when using that activity argument - it applies for some but not for others for whom it would be even more appropriate if you believe in such a thing as lurking=scum.

I didn't scum-read you for lurking. It was because you refused to share those reads giving the reason that the votes were in your head so yes you are twisting it for your own agenda.

VOTE: Gameplay for twisting things to suit himself.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1176, gameplay506 wrote:I am not twisting this for my own agenda because I still think activity is not AI. What I am saying is that you are having double standards when using that activity argument - it applies for some but not for others for whom it would be even more appropriate if you believe in such a thing as lurking=scum.
I think its ironic you only show up as being acting in LyLo when people want you dead.

Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Ignore the activity. You’ve done less to help town than anyone else alive.

Now argue how that’s not AI. I’d love to hear that.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1177, wilky wrote:

I didn't scum-read you for lurking. It was because you refused to share those reads giving the reason that the votes were in your head so yes you are twisting it for your own agenda.

WTF... You sound like a broken record saying anyone and everyone is twisting shit.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Quick »

I prolly feel best about North prolly.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Quick »

So, uh, Thor... You going to take me up on my offer to ISO me?

gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I am not twisting shit. You are just getting more and more caught into your bullshit. A minute ago you were even saying that I was town being quickhammered. I mean what else is there to say.
In post 1179, Apple Jack wrote:

I am supposed to play the detective and question people when I see no need to just to "help town"?
I form my own reads and I draw my own conclusions. If you guys were handicapped, sure I would gladly give in depth explanations but since you are not there is just no need for me to play that role. Try to fit that into your head - lurking, making short posts, not giving explanations doesn't make someone scum. The motivation and logic behind one's posts is what matters and my motivation and logic have never been off this game.
Can't say the same for north/wilky.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by wilky »

In post 1183, gameplay506 wrote:

I am not twisting shit. You are just getting more and more caught into your bullshit. A minute ago you were even saying that I was town being quickhammered. I mean what else is there to say.

I am supposed to play the detective and question people when I see no need to just to "help town"?
I form my own reads and I draw my own conclusions. If you guys were handicapped, sure I would gladly give in depth explanations but since you are not there is just no need for me to play that role. Try to fit that into your head - lurking, making short posts, not giving explanations doesn't make someone scum. The motivation and logic behind one's posts is what matters and my motivation and logic have never been off this game.
I also said that Derpy could be right on the fake hammer but I guess that doesn't fit into your narrative there :roll:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1182, Quick wrote:So, uh, Thor... You going to take me up on my offer to ISO me?
Nope.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1178, Quick wrote:
I think its ironic you only show up as being acting in LyLo when people want you dead.
Since my lynch would result in a game over for town I don't see anything ironic in that one.
I think your attempt to throw shade just failed.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1184, wilky wrote:I also said that Derpy could be right on the fake hammer but I guess that doesn't fit into your narrative there
Oh ye sorry am I twisting things again?
You said it only after I called you out on it so please
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1181, Quick wrote:I prolly feel best about North prolly.
Like for a lynch?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1183, gameplay506 wrote:

This is another thing that I disagree with on principle..

You can't assume people are mind readers and are going to just "know" why you have the reads you do. I talk about this a lot and my stance is firm that gut/unexplained reads are shit because of the same reason that Pre-Flip is shit, namely that it just gives Scum an extra tool to use to fill their agenda. Its
harder
for Scum to give legit reasons for their reads and that is precisely why reasons are such a big deal in this game. IDK if you play this way in every game you play, but it's a horrible policy to allow. If you just let Scum give reads based on "gut" then you are giving Scum the license to paint whoever and whatever any way they want and Town will be none the wiser. Its just bad, don't do it.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1186, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 1178, Quick wrote:
Since my lynch would result in a game over for town I don't see anything ironic in that one.
I think your attempt to throw shade just failed.
In other words, "I'm Town." Thanks for being such a help.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1185, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1182, Quick wrote:So, uh, Thor... You going to take me up on my offer to ISO me?
Nope.
Why not?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1188, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 1181, Quick wrote:I prolly feel best about North prolly.
Like for a lynch?
Nope, for Town.

Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 1183, gameplay506 wrote:urking, making short posts, not giving explanations doesn't make someone scum.
yes it does actually. town has to scumhunt, you can't do that by lurking, making short posts, and not giving explanations.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1193, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 1183, gameplay506 wrote:urking, making short posts, not giving explanations doesn't make someone scum.
yes it does actually. town has to scumhunt, you can't do that by lurking, making short posts, and not giving explanations.
I mostly agree with this actually. The only thing I would really disagree with is that sometimes you don't need to write a 500 word essay explaining what you think when a simple question will do the trick.

wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by wilky »

Actually I first made a passive acknowledgement of Derpys point of a fake hammer attempt on post #1152 before you called me out on it...
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

no you don't need a long post but you need more than
In post 885, gameplay506 wrote:can you grant gameplay, the one who cheated death, his wish and lynch wilky?
or north?
or quick?
I won't even bother with posts or cases just count me in for voting any of those 3
or

pointing fingers at somebody else saying "he is doing it also"

I don't see those as town posts, I will never see them as town posts. Even if somehow game is town, he will have made scum posts as town.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1196, Apple Jack wrote:no you don't need a long post but you need more than
In post 885, gameplay506 wrote:can you grant gameplay, the one who cheated death, his wish and lynch wilky?
or north?
or quick?
I won't even bother with posts or cases just count me in for voting any of those 3
or

pointing fingers at somebody else saying "he is doing it also"

I don't see those as town posts, I will never see them as town posts. Even if somehow game is town, he will have made scum posts as town.
I agree, which is why I am Scum reading game.

Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

I just get paranoid, because there is a small percentage that makes me think this play is illogical for scum. I really don't know what to think anymore.
I love MUFFINS!!!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i've been thinking about it a bit and i think i'm actually okay with the no-lynch that seems inevitable at this point. it makes a bit more sense to me now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”