Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 846, northsidegal wrote:
In post 840, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Basically, that list was who I think could get lynched even with how little time we have left. I’m focusing on Dunn right now because I scum read him and I recall a few people grouping him with my slot so there seems that there is actual interest there.
why did you frame it as "who i'm interested in" if it's actually "who i think is likely to get lynched today"? even more, why place espeonage and jord in the "unlikely to be lynched" category and havo, katy and keychain in the "possible lynches" one?

i'm sorry if these questions seem pointless, i'm just trying to understand what you're saying.
I don’t understand anything you’re saying.

I was sort of just thinking out loud. My first list were people I feel good about for now or whose play I just can’t see coming from scum. The second list was part of my nulls and just me stating the obvious. The third contained scum reads and people who I personally feel can get lynched today. I don’t think there’s enough time for me to focus on my scum reads so I said who I would compromise on and suggested a scum read I saw had some interest earlier.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I actually don’t know what North wants to argue with me about.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

All I can say is put yourself in my shoes. You replace in with 2 days left and you don’t scum read any of the current leading wagons, you think scum are playing town hard, you have your own scum reads and are confident in them but know it’s going to be a dog fight to get traction on them and/or lynched, but you noticed one of your scum reads generated some interest so you feel it might be worth a shot.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 851, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I actually don’t know what North wants to argue with me about.
i'm not trying to argue, i'm trying to understand what you were trying to convey.

i had a lot more typed up but it's probably not worth talking about.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 853, northsidegal wrote:
In post 851, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I actually don’t know what North wants to argue with me about.
i'm not trying to argue, i'm trying to understand what you were trying to convey.

i had a lot more typed up but it's probably not worth talking about.
All I’m trying to convey is that I’m just following the majority right now until I absolutely can’t in which that case I’ll just vote Espeonage.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Espeonage »

unvote

Willing to compromise on uzi, havo, or Dunn.
Don't @ me.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Keychain »

Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Hi Keychain!

I have my own reasons for scum reading Dunn that’ll get into a bit. However the game state is why I threw out my suggestion. It feels like a combination of people sniffing for reasons to push a policy lynch and/or mindlessly scrambling to get a lynch in. I don’t feel like I have enough time to try prevent either of those things and I don’t feel like I’m going to learn anything if any of the leading wagons flip. I also town read them. I rather just go with the collective for now, let our PRs do their thing, and analyze the data Day 2 if we’re not given an extension.
You still didn't explain why you townread them. I live and breathe reasons, don't let me die thanks.
That's an interesting view on the game state, by which I mean I disagree completely though my gamestatemeter is generally pretty rubbish.

Plurality lynch means that town doesn't have to scramble to avoid a no lynch, and if they're "scrambling" it's because they are invested and want their scumreads lynched instead of their townreads, and I don't know why you'd call that mindless.
Alternatively scrambling indicates scum with a teammate at risk. If that's what you perceive as the gamestate, why aren't you using that information?

You are the one who has used policy as a reason for your preferred lynches, I don't think anyone else has - if anything the push to lynch Dunnstral comes across really badly to me and I still don't understand why you'd go for that. When there's slots talking, lynching a lurker gives the least amount of information to town for D2. If that's something you're concerned about, I don't understand why this is your preferred lynch. Flipping a leading wagon is considerably more useful.

In post 849, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t think you’ve played with me to call me a noisy player so I’d like to know where this is coming from.
Mmm, true. Maybe a bit uncharitable on my part, sorry. I'm mostly going off the fact that you replaced in about five hours ago and have nearly filled two pages all on your lonesome. Also I do read other parts of the site, such as MD.
Your reasoning is still shite regardless.

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:All I can say is put yourself in my shoes. You replace in with 2 days left and you don’t scum read any of the current leading wagons, you think scum are playing town hard, you have your own scum reads and are confident in them but know it’s going to be a dog fight to get traction on them and/or lynched, but you noticed one of your scum reads generated some interest so you feel it might be worth a shot.
If you're confident, start your dog fight, then. Which of
In post 831, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Dunn, Havo, Katy, Keychain, and Schadd
do you most want lynched (because they're
scum
not because you don't like their towngame), independent of how likely it is that it'll go through?

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I actually don’t know what North wants to argue with me about.
...who are you talking to
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by Espeonage »

vote: uzi
Don't @ me.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Keychain »

Oh hey Espe. Remember that time in you thought Joda was a good wagon? Why did you change your mind?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Espeonage »

It doesn't exist any more. Trans moved.
Don't @ me.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 856, Keychain wrote:
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Hi Keychain!

I have my own reasons for scum reading Dunn that’ll get into a bit. However the game state is why I threw out my suggestion. It feels like a combination of people sniffing for reasons to push a policy lynch and/or mindlessly scrambling to get a lynch in. I don’t feel like I have enough time to try prevent either of those things and I don’t feel like I’m going to learn anything if any of the leading wagons flip. I also town read them. I rather just go with the collective for now, let our PRs do their thing, and analyze the data Day 2 if we’re not given an extension.
You still didn't explain why you townread them. I live and breathe reasons, don't let me die thanks.
That's an interesting view on the game state, by which I mean I disagree completely though my gamestatemeter is generally pretty rubbish.

Plurality lynch means that town doesn't have to scramble to avoid a no lynch, and if they're "scrambling" it's because they are invested and want their scumreads lynched instead of their townreads, and I don't know why you'd call that mindless.
Alternatively scrambling indicates scum with a teammate at risk. If that's what you perceive as the gamestate, why aren't you using that information?

You are the one who has used policy as a reason for your preferred lynches, I don't think anyone else has - if anything the push to lynch Dunnstral comes across really badly to me and I still don't understand why you'd go for that. When there's slots talking, lynching a lurker gives the least amount of information to town for D2. If that's something you're concerned about, I don't understand why this is your preferred lynch. Flipping a leading wagon is considerably more useful.

In post 849, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t think you’ve played with me to call me a noisy player so I’d like to know where this is coming from.
Mmm, true. Maybe a bit uncharitable on my part, sorry. I'm mostly going off the fact that you replaced in about five hours ago and have nearly filled two pages all on your lonesome. Also I do read other parts of the site, such as MD.
Your reasoning is still shite regardless.

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:All I can say is put yourself in my shoes. You replace in with 2 days left and you don’t scum read any of the current leading wagons, you think scum are playing town hard, you have your own scum reads and are confident in them but know it’s going to be a dog fight to get traction on them and/or lynched, but you noticed one of your scum reads generated some interest so you feel it might be worth a shot.
If you're confident, start your dog fight, then. Which of
In post 831, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Dunn, Havo, Katy, Keychain, and Schadd
do you most want lynched (because they're
scum
not because you don't like their towngame), independent of how likely it is that it'll go through?

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I actually don’t know what North wants to argue with me about.
...who are you talking to
I don’t have to explain why I town read any of the leading wagons. Especially not with the reasons that have been given to vote them. You keep clinging on this as if it’s requirement. It’s not. It’s something you prefer players do and that’s understandable but I’m not going to suddenly operate how you’d like.

It’s scrambling because it seemed like town was struggling to get a consensus before the current leading wagons. It’s mindless because there is no sincere reevaluating of the motivation or thought process behind who is being wagoned. It just feels like someone is being voted because someone disagrees on how they play the game or they don’t like the way they approach certain things about mafia and therefore think they’re scum because of it. I perceive the game state as town without a clue.

I recall seeing bad, lack of effort, and lack of game solving thrown around as reasons for votes. All of that is arguably policy. I disagree about Dunn. I think it could benefit town in the long run solely for the reason I gave and I feel the Night phase can give us plenty of enough information.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

My thoughts on LUV

Kinda in response to Keychain but if LUV is scum why do you think he comes in a makes a lot of noise? To get the wagon off a scum mate?
I personally think scum love would wait out the two days.

I think scum would wait out 2 days for a lynch to go through. No need to bring attention to themselves.
A reason not to would be to distrupt other wagon, possibly a buddy.

Town might want to get as much of their opinion out in 2 days. If they are now reading the wagons they would want to let people know.
Granted they just replaced in idk how much it’s worth basing off those reads.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I didn’t even attempt to get a wagon off anybody that’s what really weird.

I simply just realized mid-catchup that if I don’t have enough time to point out and respond back and forth to everything and everyone I want to, I’ll have to go with the majority. As in push shit reasoning and get ready for Day 2. Dunn is a scum read so it was a win win for me.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I understand a lot of the perception I’m getting is because my predesccor provided nothing. I’m sorry about that but it is what it is.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 812, Zachstralkita wrote:Havo let's go boi. Hmu
I’m still good where my votes at.

LUV hasn’t done anything to change my mind.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 863, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I understand a lot of the perception I’m getting is because my predesccor provided nothing. I’m sorry about that but it is what it is.
I don't think I like this post. It's kind of like a "hey look my slot was inactive and now I'm active so you don't think I'm scum anymore, right?"
EE didn't provide nothing, he actively had some scummy posts.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 861, Srceenplay wrote:My thoughts on LUV

Kinda in response to Keychain but if LUV is scum why do you think he comes in a makes a lot of noise? To get the wagon off a scum mate?

I think scum would wait out 2 days for a lynch to go through. No need to bring attention to themselves.

Town might want to get as much of their opinion out in 2 days. If they are now reading the wagons they would want to let people know.

Wouldn't a scum LUV want to make some noise because his slot was still a possibility for a lynch? It makes sense to want to make some noise to change our perception of the slot.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 852, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:All I can say is put yourself in my shoes. You replace in with 2 days left and you don’t scum read any of the current leading wagons, you think scum are playing town hard, you have your own scum reads and are confident in them but know it’s going to be a dog fight to get traction on them and/or lynched, but you noticed one of your scum reads generated some interest so you feel it might be worth a shot.
I definitely don't like this post. Putting myself in your shoes, I would definitely fight for my scum reads, especially if I were confident. If one of your confident scum reads has some interest, why immediately leave the door open for compromise?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 866, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 861, Srceenplay wrote:My thoughts on LUV

Wouldn't a scum LUV want to make some noise because his slot was still a possibility for a lynch? It makes sense to want to make some noise to change our perception of the slot.
Yes you may be right.
I wasn’t thinking about his own slot.
Maybe someone would be kind enough put a vote count up of the time he replaced.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

I really don't find very much that I like about LUV's posting at all. I was already okay with an EE lynch and I feel like LUV has just made it worse.

VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Believe this is L-2.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Thats L-1 by my count I'm p sure
Don't @ me.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Of course I would want to try to change the perception of my slot if it’s in danger of being lynched. Not getting lynched is part of my agenda as either alignment.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

From my glance back to luv first post he had 1 vote on him. Espe and jord have 3 each.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VT

Scum are in {Dunn, Katyusha, Keychain, Havo, Transcend}

Night guys :]