Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 887, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Zach, how many people do you think you can get to vote Dunn?

that depends
are you bussing c:
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Oh that's what I was gonna ask
Uzi why is Katyusha scum?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Guys, what would you say if I told you I had Dunnstral nailed like a cabinet door?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Transcend »

zachary daiquiri

what case doyou have on dunnstral other than living up to his current meta
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Clueless town can mean those things but also can mean town who often blindly trust the information that is being presented to them. I thought that is what you were getting at, North.

So because Schadd has not explained his town reads, you think they’re not real. I don’t understand how you can reach that conclusion if he’s not offered an explanation for those reads yet. Also, how does fabricating town reads without offering any explanation for them helps him achieve a scum win-con? All that does is bring an unnecessary amount of attention to himself and doesn’t help him control the game state at all. The opposite of what you believe he is doing, which is buddying to avoid suspicion.

I think your problem with Schadd is that he’s not showing any paranoia. Meaning, there is no fear or suspicion displayed in regards to the players he feels are town. There’s no doubt and that worries you. If so, that’s a fair reason to scum read someone but I find a lack of paranoia is a personality trait.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 901, Zachstralkita wrote:Oh that's what I was gonna ask
Uzi why is Katyusha scum?
I’ll get back to you if I’m alive Day 2 :]
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Doggo I don’t feel Espeon or Joda scum. Definyeky Havo though.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 904, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Clueless town can mean those things but also can mean town who often blindly trust the information that is being presented to them. I thought that is what you were getting at, North.

So because Schadd has not explained his town reads, you think they’re not real. I don’t understand how you can reach that conclusion if he’s not offered an explanation for those reads yet. Also, how does fabricating town reads without offering any explanation for them helps him achieve a scum win-con? All that does is bring an unnecessary amount of attention to himself and doesn’t help him control the game state at all. The opposite of what you believe he is doing, which is buddying to avoid suspicion.
it's not just that he hasn't explained them, it's that they appear to come from nowhere and never once does he show signs of doubt. him not explaining his reads or showing signs of doubt isn't the problem, it's an indicaton of the problem, to me. i've already said why i think it comes from scum - he's playing to avoid confrontation with the most active players. it's not necessarily that's hes fabricating town reads, it's that he's playing in a style that assumes people are town - the townreads are implicit. it's not like he had made a list at that point with those people at the top and that's what i'm suspecting (until i asked him about it), it's that he's playing as if he had.

i don't think that brings attention to himself - nobody else had pointed it out until i had. i think very infrequently do townies question townreads on themselves, unless there's something really suspicious about the contexts (ie tring a person who hasn't posted yet). especially if the townreads are never explicitly said, only implied through playstyle, it's such a sure thing to someone who's town that they might not stop to consider it.
I think your problem with Schadd is that he’s not showing any paranoia. Meaning, there is no fear or suspicion displayed in regards to the players he feels are town. There’s no doubt and that worries you. If so, that’s a fair reason to scum read someone but I find a lack of paranoia is a personality trait.
it's certainly possible - like i said, it could always just be a meta thing. it's a little unfortunate that schadd's been missing because the explanations were what i was really looking for, but based on the play so far i'm still willing to lynch there.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 906, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Doggo I don’t feel Espeon or Joda scum. Definyeky Havo though.
LMAO. Yes push me. The slot that’s been on your slot from the start.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 906, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Doggo I don’t feel Espeon or Joda scum. Definyeky Havo though.
This needs to be lynched 3days ago.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 908, Havo wrote:
LMAO. Yes push me. The slot that’s been on your slot from the start.
Okay? :lol:
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Espeonage »

My urge to call for a flash wagon on Havo is rising.

And the wagon composition is balls.

:/

unvote
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Yep if everyone else gets their vanity wagon I'm gonna get mine.

Vote: Havo
Don't @ me.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 912, Espeonage wrote:Yep if everyone else gets their vanity wagon I'm gonna get mine.

I’ve been TR by half the players and I’m obvious town.

But keep digging your own graves.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Espeonage »

The thing with a replacement is that they can come in and see things without the shared experience of the players who have been in the game longer. And sometimes that's required.

But hey, appealing to old reads as a defence is nice I guess. Good for you.
Don't @ me.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

What happened to schadd?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Transcend »

He vanished

Like he always does in every game he plays
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

How are you obvious town Havo?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 530, Havo wrote:why do I get the feeling that’s Trans is intentionally being on the other side of Zach?
In post 531, Havo wrote:
In post 511, Everyone Else wrote:how about no
How about you contribute to the game?
You signed up to play....so play.

This post makes it obvious you are lurking.

You know, tell us who you think is most likely scum and why?
Who’s most likely town and why?
And who do you think would be the best slot to Lynch today?

You know, play the game.
In post 539, Transcend wrote:no me
In post 546, Havo wrote:How can Schadd post so much (49) and say so little?
In post 549, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 547, Everyone Else wrote:
In post 531, Havo wrote:
In post 511, Everyone Else wrote:how about no
How about you contribute to the game?
You signed up to play....so play.

This post makes it obvious you are lurking.

You know, tell us who you think is most likely scum and why?
Who’s most likely town and why?
And who do you think would be the best slot to Lynch today?

You know, play the game.
will try to work on that as soon as possible when im sober and when i have free time.
I might actually believe this if you hadn't been posting quite often in another game at the same time that you've made some of these posts.
In post 550, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 530, Havo wrote:why do I get the feeling that’s Trans is intentionally being on the other side of Zach?
In post 546, Havo wrote:How can Schadd post so much (49) and say so little?
These are both very good observations
In post 558, northsidegal wrote:
In post 544, Transcend wrote:Okay then

Did you think your slot was getting a red or green pm?
oh, i misinterpreted this the first time i read it - are you asking if i replaced in thinking that my slot was town or scum? i honestly don't follow games that i'm just reading as close as games that i'm playing in, so the slot was null for me. that didn't factor into anything, though - i was on the replacement queue and had no idea who i was replacing.
In post 559, northsidegal wrote:okay, so here are my thoughts having followed along with the thread and done a quick reread.

can someone explain the wagon on the ucv slot to me? i get that he really hasn't done much this game except for a weak push on jodaxq, but i'm not sure that that's especially alignment-indicative enough to warrant a lynch. lynches for "null" behavior like that have always struck me as lazy in the same way as lurker lynches. with that in mind i'm not necessarily saying i'm against it today, just saying that hopefully screenplay can clarify the read there on that slot.

i'm getting a scumlean from jodax, but it's something i'm constantly doubting myself on. the intial motivation for ucv makes total sense to me - ucv wasn't really contributing anything but was clearly in the thread, so that warrants suspicion. at this point, though, i wonder about the motivation behind singling out ucv specifically over other posters who weren't really contributing much or were just lurking it out. the later continuation of the read and the justifications are what leads to the scumread - specifically, i take issue with this:
In post 406, Jodaxq wrote:3. It's not about low contributing, it's about fake contributing. In that same newbie game I hard cased sheepsaysmeep (who was scum) very early on in the game for similar reasons as I'm casing you now. He posted a lot of fake contibution (he always wanted pagetops and asked for reads instead of provided) and I feel like you're doing the same with your asking about meme posting or trying to keep people from insulting one another.
jodax, what makes you read ucv's posts specifically as intentionally fake contributions as opposed to just intentional non-contributions? you're saying that he's attempting to put forward the image of contributing but to me it seems like he never attempted to put forward that pretense.

another thing that grabs my attention is the explanation of ucv's actions in . it just doesn't make sense to me: ucv's actions can hardly be considered a serious push and the explanation doesn't explain anything outside of the one post where ucv says he scumreads jodax.

In post 492, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 490, UC Voyager wrote:i wonder how easy this game would be if i took it seriously. lol
i am 100% positive scum want to lynch bait me. :P
I love how this post precedes your boldest read of the game. So I'm guessing you made this post so if I turn up vanilla civ you can just say you weren't taking it seriously, right? Making sure you cover all your bases is a typical scum move.
finally, this post just exudes someone twisting facts to fit their beliefs and constructing narratives. this is a telltale sign of either a confbiased townie or scum who deliberately has to contrive pushes on people given that they already know everyone's alignment. i'm getting the feeling that it's the latter of the two.

splitting the rest up to avoid a wall for transcend's sake.
In post 561, northsidegal wrote:the feeling i get from reading schadd's iso is that he seems to take for granted that some people are town. whereas he's commented on his townread on keychain given that the topic of keychain being scum was brought up, it seems to me like without any discussion or at least visible reasoning he's accepted transcend, zach and katayusha as being town. this could just as easily come from familiarity with the players as it could from already knowing everyone's alignment and only commenting on cases that other people bring up (to give the appearance of activity or of deliberation), so i'm not making this as some huge alignment indicative point.

schadd, could say who you townread and explain why?
In post 573, Transcend wrote:define: scum!katy
In post 583, Transcend wrote:VOTE: joda
In post 613, Srceenplay wrote:Scared of my FOS
In post 627, Zachstralkita wrote:Screenplay our reads are sort of similar ish
Schadd probably won't happen today and is not the besr cnadidate

nsg, lol
In post 639, wavemode wrote:K I actually have no idea how to read this fucking game

Which is unfortunate considering I'm currently invincible

Still gut feeling that 2 of shadd/Transcend/Keychain are scum. Dunnstral/EE could be scum as well. tinfoil hat theory that Zach is scum

None of these people are wagons so I will start one! VOTE: Transcend
In post 644, Srceenplay wrote:Katy is a knight. Not town. That’s the only thing giving pause about cy/espe but not big enough pause.
bettr not be fucking wagoned rn
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by schadd_ »

fuck i just porkens'd i knew i was gonna do that
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i was reading and realized halfway through i might be being wagoned and so i said that i bettr not be and it dumped all my multiquotes
free darius mccollum

Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 892, Transcend wrote:
In post 881, KidAmn wrote:Lil Uzi Vert (4): Havo, Keychain, Espeonage, Jodaxq (L-3)
the uzz nd the keech are town

there's scum within {havo,esp,joda}
Weren't you voting Uzi just a page before this? What happened?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 912, Espeonage wrote:Yep if everyone else gets their vanity wagon I'm gonna get mine.

Havo has been acting very paranoid in these recent pages and hasn't contributed much since he got town read from many of the players. Uzi has gained some points with me for not breaking down and voting schadd out of self-preservation. Let's see where this wagon goes.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Havo
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 922, Jodaxq wrote:

Havo has been acting very paranoid in these recent pages and hasn't contributed much since he got town read from many of the players. Uzi has gained some points with me for not breaking down and voting schadd out of self-preservation. Let's see where this wagon goes.

UNVOTE:

why are you voting a player whose contributions were in the beginning of the thread as opposed to someone without much contribution at all, like dunnstral?

i really don't understand the motivations for this vote. we're really at the point in the day where you can't wagon people as a reaction test or "to see where this goes" - you're wagoning people to be the lynch for the day. i don't like havo for today.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 923, northsidegal wrote:
In post 922, Jodaxq wrote:

UNVOTE:

why are you voting a player whose contributions were in the beginning of the thread as opposed to someone without much contribution at all, like dunnstral?

i really don't understand the motivations for this vote. we're really at the point in the day where you can't wagon people as a reaction test or "to see where this goes" - you're wagoning people to be the lynch for the day. i don't like havo for today.
At this moment I do want Havo to be the lynch. As I noted in 762 I've been growing more suspicious of Havo as this game has gone on, and his recent posting made me more confident he'll flip scum. He was active right up until the point where people called him town, then he became a lurker and only popped in to push one of the easier targets. Then, instead of becoming proactive again once his town vibe had worn off a little, he just referred back to how we used to view him as town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”