Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 379, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:which of them is most likely lying to further implicate a de facto lynch on me as an option?
This feels hella like a loaded question
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:52 am

Post by The Betting Pool »

In post 312, Cold Pizza wrote:
In post 310, Ghostlin wrote:Sad thing is I understand that analysis, and unless that's a veiled warning that going hyper-aggro will make you flame out by Day 5, it does fuck-all to resolve this game state.
I am suggesting that we absolutely just come to a consensus and lynch someone in order to begin drawing associative tells and using flip information to game-solve.
This is the first post I actually like for gameplay as opposed to entertainment value (avoiding pocketing via vegetable oil is now my new favorite mental image).

Late to the party due to a certain distracting birthday guy (happy birthday, my dear) but as much fun as the idea of the mechanic is, I'd have said that our best shot is straight-up scum hunting until we nail a scum and reconsider the mechanic then.

Right now I'm leaning town on Ghostlin. There are enough glimmers of town-Ghostlin that I don't want him deaded. If he'd posted his chosen partner list 10 pages later, I could maybe buy that it was busywork, but given the activity in the game up to that point, characterizing it as irredeemably avoiding useful stuff is weak.
In post 362, Ellibereth wrote:PA hydra what were your picks
For 'people I would have fun as scum with' I'd go Ghostlin-chesspig4. For 'actually thinking about it strategically' I'd go Cold Pizza-probably Smocaine, although I'd have thought about LLD as well. Lot of interesting options.
In post 376, Ghostlin wrote:At this point, I'm not even sure I'm buying the list; I did it so I thought it'd be helpful not to find it, but I'm not sure it's analysis points to anything except mastina and LLD are good at scum--I had hoped it'd be an activity to start the PoE of this game, but I'm fucking literally going 'but random.org exists', so it even feels masturbatory to ME and I'm compiling the damn thing in hopes it DOES something.
Yeah, I think it's a fun thing to shoot the shit over in post-game, but until we get a scum flip or a critical mass of townie flips, it's going to be an academic exercise.

I'm not inclined to overrule my hydra partner's vote for fun, but I'm not seeing much of scum-hebichan here. I'm trying to adjust for a gut-tendency to scum read her style, but even there I'm not getting independent scum vibes. And since I don't think the Ghostlin-centric fight has to be coming from scum, eh.

I wouldn't be voting at all here yet. But then I've just read the thread once quickly now. Probably out for today (see: birthday guy wanting a fancy birthday dinner or something, geez) but lacking scum reads thus far. Meh.

--PA

P-edit: if "DIpLOmACy" is the new 'Super Peace' or whatever I will have a screaming fit. Just saying.
The almighty combination of the penguin and the bunny. We will rule you!

...a hydra of Lucky2u and penguin_alien.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 401, The Betting Pool wrote:I wouldn't be voting at all here yet. But then I've just read the thread once quickly now. Probably out for today (see: birthday guy wanting a fancy birthday dinner or something, geez) but lacking scum reads thus far. Meh.
so needy :P

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 400, Ginngie wrote:
In post 379, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:which of them is most likely lying to further implicate a de facto lynch on me as an option?
This feels hella like a loaded question
Of course it's fucking loaded. That doesn't stop it from being useful or relevant.

Why are you cutting my question at the knees before it is answered? What is your motivation for this statement? What town intent and benefit does it serve?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Ginngie »

loaded questions are meant to be used to quietly control an argument in your favor before it even begun.

In simple terms, it looks like you're more focused on getting a town read on your slot instead of just asking mastina who she thinks would lie.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Ginngie »

Also what perplexes me, and a theory here, is why you'd ask a loaded question with the goal of trying to get mastina to say you're town when she's one of the only two voting you.

It's like you're trying to get that one vote off of you through the question and if she answers that question in the way you intend, you can push off of that and twist some words

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Ginngie »

I think I've made my issues with the loaded question clear, and if you could quell some of my suspicions and tell my why I'm a fuckin loony, that'd be great.

Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Cold Pizza »

Oh by the way, I wasn't kidding when I said random for the GF picks.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:08 am

In post 404, Ginngie wrote:loaded questions are meant to be used to quietly control an argument in your favor before it even begun.

In simple terms, it looks like you're more focused on getting a town read on your slot instead of just asking mastina who she thinks would lie.
That's a really shallow conclusion, lmfao.

I have, well, had now, since this conversation has absolved Mastina of any kind of pressure from that question, an entirely different motivation.

By forcing Mastina to identify which person she thinks is most likely to be lying and put me on a list (a question that comes only from the perspective world where I am town, but doesn't insist she town read me, what the fuck are you smoking) I get a better read on her.

Don't mind if I don't trust your fucking read on her, thanks for being fucking useless Gungie.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 am

Like the literal question was "Mastina, I accept your paranoia, but I'm town because my role pm says so. With this as the case, I want to ask some questions."

leading into "with that in mind, given I am town, which of the people here is most likely to be lying about selecting me as a scum team member?"

The question is absolutely loaded because it is only answerable from the perspective of me being town, but given the fact I KNOW I'M TOWN, any answer Mastina gives would give me information about her alignment. I have my own opinions about who is lying, and the actual content of her answer was far less important than HOW she answers.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:18 am

Fucking I'm literally so god damned fucking tired of players being like "LUL LLD ASKED QUESTIONS THAT LOOK WEIRD? MUST BE SCUMMY LEMME GET THOSE FREE TOWN POINTS BY INTERUPTING THEM"

Instead of like, fucking, letting the line of questioning finish and THEN discussing it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Ginngie »

you can quit the AtE

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Ginngie »

If you knew mastina she's still going to answer that question before she reads my interruption given how she plays this game

so like freaking out and calling me useless serves no purpose here

Cold Pizza
Cold Pizza
Goon
Cold Pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Cold Pizza »

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Ginngie »

nah I dont plan on getting into any screaming matches tbh

With so many loud players in this game, I feel it's necessary that at least one of us plays the Nacho role of keeping the peace and staying focused.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Ginngie »

So Lexi, I see you have methods that I don't grasp well, so if you could do like one post where you tell me how to understand you as a player and not have quarrels over what could essentially playstyle criticisms, then I'd be grateful

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am

In post 411, Ginngie wrote:you can quit the AtE
calling it AtE doesn't make the statement less true, and another annoying thing that people do is say "lul AtE" as a deflection away from pressure.

So I'm not gonna back down because people say "lul don't AtE" anymore. Mafia is a game that constitutes emotional reaction and reading those emotions. If you're not down with that, I got two words for ya!

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 am

In post 415, Ginngie wrote:So Lexi, I see you have methods that I don't grasp well, so if you could do like one post where you tell me how to understand you as a player and not have quarrels over what could essentially playstyle criticisms, then I'd be grateful
If you have specific questions, happy to answer.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Ginngie »

1. Is it a common thing for you to use loaded questions and could you give me an example of how you'd use it to get a better read
2. What your favorite method of scum hunting is and what you think is purely idiotic and can piss off(like some people saying VCA es the stupids)
3. Your favorite curse word

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am

In post 418, Ginngie wrote:1. Is it a common thing for you to use loaded questions and could you give me an example of how you'd use it to get a better read
2. What your favorite method of scum hunting is and what you think is purely idiotic and can piss off(like some people saying VCA es the stupids)
3. Your favorite curse word
Yes, and it gives me reactions. I have a decent concept of how people will react based on their personality and motivations if they are town, and when answers deviate from the expected pattern I ask internal questions like "why did this deviate?" and "Is this deviation as a result of a scum motivation, or an external factor?" Pressure generates reads based on intent and motivation. The actions themselves are less important (though still has some value).

2) Pressure and reading. I'm not a fan of people who go too heavily off meta or off direct actions. Things have deeper meanings, emotions are important, ignoring those is idiocy. When you put people in unique situations and force reactions that they don't have as much experience or rehersal with, you generate the best reads. Wagons also generate decently common reactions from town vs. scum, though not entirely 100%. But nothing is.

3) Cunt. 100000000000000% Cunt.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Ginngie »

thank you :3

That made things easier to see what you're doing

:3

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Ya know interestingly enough, we do share the trait of basing our reads off of each individual interaction we have with each player.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 pm

In post 421, Ginngie wrote:Ya know interestingly enough, we do share the trait of basing our reads off of each individual interaction we have with each player.
I do also read other people's interactions and judge my expectations of those too, though.

Generally, I apply my own pressure because it's more reliable and easier, but, I won't ignore stuff.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Smocaine »

Spoiler:

Now that the Ghostlin voters have piped down, it's time to VOTE: LLD
Ellibereth