Newbie 1845 - A New Dawn Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Why shoot the other?

1st of all: you know full well there is not a vigilante in the newbie setup and if you don't you shouldn't be ICing.
2nd: why are you saying shoot the other like you know I'm going to be lynched and flip town? If I were to flip scum, why shoot you?
Unless it's not a mislynch. I'm fence sitting because I want to vote you out based solely on the self vote WIFOM maneuver, but if I'm wrong it'll be a disaster for the game. I haven't actually said that so far because frankly if you went after me like you went after Sando, I would replace out.
I'm sorry but I expect better of you.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1062, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:*sigh*

This is why I felt we had gotten enough out of the day and was ready to end it before the 30-page mark.

Mulling things over is not bad thing necessarily but it can hurt the town if no one consolidates on a decision.
Well 2 SEs and a newbie-replacement are the ones not voting, ala making no moves to end the day and we can't really call it a newbie mistake. Do you think this is active miring by the players or purely passive miring by those not getting involved?
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

AtE won't work right now. You can criticize my play post game.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:47 pm

In post 1077, Sunlit Diamond wrote:AtE won't work right now. You can criticize my play post game.
Is this a scumclaim?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

No, it's a straight forward knock it off with the "I expected better of you."
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1032, Sando wrote:
Inferno wrote:So no matter how Sando spins it, I have been attacked with my meta, so his claim that I haven't been is just not true.
The spin is exactly what I wrote, that since me and RC made single sentence comments about it, you haven't been attacked for it.

Just read that again, because you actually have to read the entire sentence, not just the last 6 words. I made zero, nada, nil, contradiction. I've pointed that out to you subsequently. You're flat out wrong and you continue to push this despite it being shown to you, repeatedly. Here's the original sentence:
Sando wrote:Firstly, I think
since me and RC joining posts
where I think each of us made a single sentence comment about it, no-one has actually used your meta as a basis for attacking you.
This was pointed out to you in 978 that English 101 says you're wrong here. Now you're trying to walk it back without admitting this, saying that it wasn't a scum motivated slip by me. I didn't slip, I was factually correct.

You're desperately trying to undermine anyone that ever attacks you, myself included. You've flailed at everyone who's ever even looked your way. You've been parroting RC who has blithely stated you're 100% town in said flailing and in 1001 is desperately trying to give you a pass on this utter bullshit that you're spouting here. You've now decided that trying to make me look scummy isn't going to work, so you're just going to try and undermine my character by saying I'm old-school arrogant and that I'm "straight out bad".

You're scum, with RC.
There is no way you can spin this where what did not happen was that you said
no one attacked me with my meta and then said this is where I attacked you with my meta.

I'm definitely not desperately "tying to undermine anyone that ever attacks" me. I've responded to each person who attacks me point by point. Not what I would call desperate.
I have not been parroting RC, in fact, my reads on Uzi were developing before RC ever got to this game.

This feels like a huge attack on my playstyle, and incredibly scummy to me.

P-edit:
Reading thorugh what has been posted:
I'm continuing to get scummy vibes from Sando. He's brushing off everything RC says by saying he's using AtA, which is anything but true. And I'm definitely seeing major representation from Sando going on. He's tearing apart anyone who questions his play by attacking the playstyle rather than refuting the points themselves.
And honestly, all it's doing is dragging the game down, so if you're town Sando (which I'm starting to doubt) actually shut your mouth and stop posting for a while. Because all you're doing is making this game impossible to play.
Naveet's progression makes no sense. He went from "risk-adverse approach" to "you aren't being helpful to town" as reason to lynch?
#1045 is really blatant misrepresentation of what I said in #1028. There was no walking back on scumreads at all. I just said that Sando needed to take a major second look at the way he's approaching the game, because that kind of self-contradiction is just poor play. I'm not trying to make Sando look bad at all. I'm just saying that the way he has approached this game is poor, and what happened there shows that.
Naveet, while I agree that RC's posts have definitely gone downhill in quality, do you not think that it's possible that it stems from a combination of LUV and Red's derp tunnel combined with Sando blatantly attacking his play? Because it only got as bad as it did when Sando replaced in, and he ahs definitely interacted with other members of the game in a reasonable way.
I definitely feel like Naveet's list of RC's play is a little bit out of context.

All in all, I can see the reasoning behind Naveet looking at a RC lynch. But I still think that this is the wrong play. If RC flips town likes he says, that tells us what? That LUV and Red had literally no reason to be wagoning him in the manner they are? Because we already know that. And it makes me confirmed town for Sando. And if he flips scum (which we're all pretty sure he's not)? Well, I get lynched tomorrow (which I will say now is very much wrong), and two days from now you'll have no idea whatsoever who RC's partner was. Plus we'll get the whole "I told you so" crap from Sando and he'll bring the game down on our heads.
On the other hand, If we lynch LUV and he flips scum, we an say with rather reasonable certianity that Red is scum by game interaction so far. And if he flips town, that gives us plenty of information to work off of with RC tommorrow.
NOw, I want to propose a third option. Let's lynch Red. His play has been a lot like LUV's in terms of the Saul slot, but worse. And if he flips scum, LUV is probably his partner. And if he flips town, then we can start talking about Avi and some of the other interactions based on Red's play today, which no one has thought to look at yet.

Avi, you are on the LUV wagon, right?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I haven’t played a newbie since my second month on this site and I didn’t really familiarize myself with that setup until the BP claiming strategy got big. I know it had recently gotten changed but not to what. Setup speculation isn’t my forte so I didn’t bother to look before I /inned as an IC.

And I meant to shoot me if you somehow flip town, and shoot you if town chooses wrong.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:50 pm

In post 1079, Sunlit Diamond wrote:No, it's a straight forward knock it off with the "I expected better of you."
I don't know what else to say if you're town.

If it's what it takes to get you to vote LUV, can you do it as a personal favor to me?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm not willing to say I willing to say that I would never ask that as scum but I have never done so in the past and don't expect to do so in the future.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1076, Sando wrote:
In post 1062, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:*sigh*

This is why I felt we had gotten enough out of the day and was ready to end it before the 30-page mark.

Mulling things over is not bad thing necessarily but it can hurt the town if no one consolidates on a decision.
Well 2 SEs and a newbie-replacement are the ones not voting, ala making no moves to end the day and we can't really call it a newbie mistake. Do you think this is active miring by the players or purely passive miring by those not getting involved?
Creature is a very special case and I mean that if he’s usually not actively contributing and game solving, he’s probably scum.

I don’t think Sunset is mirroring anyone. I think she’s afraid of the game spiraling out of control and being wrong.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Inferno:
In post 1029, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I have been voting for RC’s slot for the longest time now. You even accused me of putting him to L-1 if I’m recalling correctly.
In post 1030, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 532, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: SaulJoker
In post 533, Inferno390 wrote:
L-1 on Saul.
Hmm. It's too early to hammer. 5 days is still plenty of time to do some more hunting.
DIa, what are your thoughts on Sheep and I and our 1v1? I've noticed you haven't given your opinion on any of that for a bit.
Yep. I’m remembering right.

Not really sure what you’re talking about then Inferno.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Sando »

There is no way you can spin this where what did not happen was that you said no one attacked me with my meta and then said this is where I attacked you with my meta.
You're either going all in on this misrep or you don't understand simple english. I never, ever, ever, said that no-one had
ever
attacked you with your meta, I said that no-one had attacked you SINCE mine and RC entry posts.

How is this not obvious to you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Sando, I have a question. Do you have any relatives of different political affiliations than you?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Sando »

I'm done commenting on my current RC or Inferno reads btw, there's waaaaaaaay more than enough content there for people to make their own minds if they choose to actually read.

At this point the impetus has to be on Creature, Sunlit and thenav to break this impasse.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1085, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Inferno:
In post 1029, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I have been voting for RC’s slot for the longest time now. You even accused me of putting him to L-1 if I’m recalling correctly.
In post 1030, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 533, Inferno390 wrote:
L-1 on Saul.
Hmm. It's too early to hammer. 5 days is still plenty of time to do some more hunting.
DIa, what are your thoughts on Sheep and I and our 1v1? I've noticed you haven't given your opinion on any of that for a bit.
Yep. I’m remembering right.

Not really sure what you’re talking about then Inferno.
I must've missed vote in your ISO. Sorry, I meant to respond to this earlier, but a certain argument got in the way.
That being said, I still think that your reads on him were opportunistic as explained previously, and I'm still reading you as scum. I've done a little deliberation on how to make that not sound like scum bullshit, but I've decided that there's no way to do that. So I'm just going to say that.
Keeping that in mind, I think that how I'm reading you is pointless now. But I'll get to that below.
In post 1086, Sando wrote:
There is no way you can spin this where what did not happen was that you said no one attacked me with my meta and then said this is where I attacked you with my meta.
You're either going all in on this misrep or you don't understand simple english. I never, ever, ever, said that no-one had
ever
attacked you with your meta, I said that no-one had attacked you SINCE mine and RC entry posts.

How is this not obvious to you?
Okay, that's a misread of the post on my part. Mea culpa.

Honest to goodness, town is at a total deadlock over LUV lynch vs. RC lynch. Ad the only way to resolve this is to provide a third option that no one will like, but everyone will agree on.
So I say we lynch Red. I feel that he has been very scummy in is tunnel on RC and Saul, an hasn't actually provided reads. I've seen several people say that they could agree on a Red lynch, so I think that this is probably the best middle ground for anybosy. And at this point, a mislynch will be better than no lynch at all.
Does that sound reasonable?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1087, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sando, I have a question. Do you have any relatives of different political affiliations than you?
I see where this is going and i don't like it. Outside of the actual game of course. In game perspective it just looks like the RC Sando quarrel. Which is of course, Sando won't back down and RC is tired of his play.

Inferno390 GTKAS

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.12Image

RadiantCowbells (3)

Lil Uzi Vert (3)

Not Voting (3)
, , ,

Day one deadline is Monday January 22, 3 PM PST. (expired on 2018-01-22 15:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Arright. My lash out a bit ago was due to tired, hungry, and angry at RL stuff. My frustration with the "expect better" comment stands, but I could have phrased it better.

RC: if LUV flips green, what do we do?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:28 pm

I sincerely hope that someone is a cop or something and checks me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm

I ask you, what about the other way around? You lynch me, what do you do. Lynch LUV like you should have done before?

I wouldn't even mind if we said we leashed any cops or Neas onto me in the case of a town flip and then 5/9ths of setups we can assume I'm clear until massclaim
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Like and I know you know how I generally feel about being investigated and that seems out of character and perhaps scummy as a result, but I think this game is an exception and encouraging investigations on me if LUV really flips town is the correct play all the way. Especially since neapolitans can't get fake guilties checking another PR since I am a known VT.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:35 pm

And don't make that mean I think he flips town. I legit find it so difficult to imagine him flipping town.

Like if he were town why would he care that I'm insinuating he's playing against his wincon? If he's town he's obviously not and from his point of view I'd just be scum being an asshole: there's no reason to take personal offense in the way that he did unless he knows that I'm being sincere and it has some truth to it (ie, he's scum). But I don't want to profiteer from stuff that's quasi out of game like that.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

To be fair to LUV, I found the "bad IC" shit to be toeing a line and I'd probably spin out, too. I believe in playing to win so I understand why you said it, but I generally feel that that kind of criticism of IC capability belongs in end game or in a PM to the mod.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

I don't think we'll be getting an RC lynch today. Assuming we did, and assuming you flip green, I'm looking at the people who barely engaged with you at all, first.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Like. I can still see a universe where you're scum but there's stuff from you that bleeds town really hard and I'm not sure if you could fake it.

But besides you?
Aviqf had some super town moments
Inferno is obvtown as hell
Sando is obvtown as hell
That alone is the game poed if we assume I'm town.

And sananeet or whatever, I'm too lazy to figure out his name, also feels pretty damn town.

(I would also say that Creature seemed kind of town at one point, and him being super busy IRL may be why he's so busy so if he picks up later he can confirm himself town)
Even if we don't, there's most likely two PRs that can get role results and one clear outside of that group is pretty much it for the game, plus gives us space to reevaluate
I don't think we lose this game very often if you're still alive and town to keep Sando and Inferno off each other and get them onto scum.

I have some faith in Sando to pull himself together after my town flip as well so idk. I don't think we straight up lose if I get lynched like you seem to.

I'd be more personally upset by it because I feel like I've put so much into this game and apparently people both scumread me and are unhappy with me personally and I don't know why.
To be fair to LUV, I found the "bad IC" shit to be toeing a line and I'd probably spin out, too. I believe in playing to win so I understand why you said it, but I generally feel that that kind of criticism of IC capability belongs in end game or in a PM to the mod.
I have honestly done my best to avoid talking about it. If there's a dead thread and smith confirms LUV as scum I am going to rant about it for days.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”