False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 970, Aneninen wrote:I've just checked the game and saw that rage. Call me an idiot, but that I doubt that a player like Reckoner, who had been here for ages when I arrived, would post things like that as scum. I'll check everyone (even if that will take some time). And I obviously need a closer look on Reckoner's posts to see whether his last page is genuine (I guess so now) or not.
It's a mixture of genuine and not.
References:
In post 55, xRECKONERx wrote:dat mad AtE overreaction tho
In post 63, xRECKONERx wrote:ill also add someone playing AtE as meta doesn't mean they can't use it to hide as scum because
i fucking wrote the book on that 8 years ago

okay bye
There mighta been more in his iso but these were the two most clear.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 971, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't buy anyone with nontrivial experience with Mastina still scumreading Mastina right now.
Well in that regard.

Most of the people in this game don't have nontrivial experience with me. Aneninen has nigh-none, Katyusha's experience with me amounts to a single game I played on an alt where I was cult, which is pretty incomparable to a game where it's confirmed to be either town or scum (given that I was neither), Hinduragi I might have a couple of really old games with but really my experience there is limited, Something_Smart I don't think has actually played with me (although he did mod one game where I was scum), apparently singersigner is in the game but I haven't reached that part yet but I know my Primate experience was incredibly limited, Errant most of my interactions with have been more passive, Screenplay's been in I think either two or three games with me, GuiltyLion has one maybe, Yoshi has maybe one, and CheekyTeeky has none.

Creature is the only player here aside from RadiantCowbells, Reck, and chesskid who I'd say has much in the way of experience with me.

Which, in hindsight.

I suppose does explain why I am a viable mislynch this game.

I'd have to check the teammates of the above but given that most of the players in this game have rather negligible experience with me they don't have familiarity with my antics.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 974, Creature wrote:What about LurkLion?
Could be scum.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Mastina I played in DEFCON with you, I obvscummed and got lynched day 1 but you defended me most of the day :P
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 2803, CheekyTeeky wrote:UNVOTE:
What's making you go back?

I'm also probably going to start my anen reread now btw now that im actually in a headspace where i want to care about this game
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 977, RadiantCowbells wrote:Creature how do you not tr mastina rn I don't understand
Hard to townread someone who's always behind.

I mean.

It has a bit of a blessing, in that I get to bring up things that others have forgotten. I get to bring up things which would otherwise have been missed.

But it's mostly a curse. Because talking to people is magic.

I'm not talking to people.

I'm talking to phantoms. To ghosts. I'm talking to the past. I'm not talking to the present, where the people actually are. Yet it's not the same. Live interactions really are just...magical. You can't fake them. You can't make shit up on the spot. Talking is key. It's something you just...well. You need to experience it for yourself in order to know what it's like.

And well.

Actually.

You do know what it's like, you're probably like one of the only other players on this list who DOES know what it's like.

Butyeah. Talking to Creature in live would help. Which is why I'm trying to get caught up. I wouldn't have anything to talk about if I just skipped ahead right now.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2805, Katyusha wrote:
In post 2803, CheekyTeeky wrote:UNVOTE:
What's making you go back?

I'm also probably going to start my anen reread now btw now that im actually in a headspace where i want to care about this game
I'm all torn up lol. Like she's right I have no experience with her, she says scummy shizz but so does town. My team are torn on her too. Let's just say I'll hammer if we get to that point but for now I'll keep reading along and keep comparing reactions to her posts. Like I can see where she's coming from in a lot of her posts even if I don't always agree.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Katyusha »

yeah thats the annoying thing, i, again, literally feel the same way which is why i unvoted and reversed my take on the gamestate way earlier on

anyway if i dont stop procrastinating im going to do this
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Katyusha »

i mean his case on you is like actually terrible and i question his scumread of you's genuineness but i dont think is that awful of a reaction, mostly because i feel similar about my own slot and dont even really want to bother people with actually terrible scumreads on me like reck as a result since it just feels inevitable and since i know i'm basically going to be tuned out of the whole game as a result

my take is that i really should just reread him as a whole again
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2801, mastina wrote:
In post 971, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't buy anyone with nontrivial experience with Mastina still scumreading Mastina right now.
Well in that regard.

Most of the people in this game don't have nontrivial experience with me. Aneninen has nigh-none, Katyusha's experience with me amounts to a single game I played on an alt where I was cult, which is pretty incomparable to a game where it's confirmed to be either town or scum (given that I was neither), Hinduragi I might have a couple of really old games with but really my experience there is limited, Something_Smart I don't think has actually played with me (although he did mod one game where I was scum),
apparently singersigner is in the game but I haven't reached that part yet but I know my Primate experience was incredibly limited
, Errant most of my interactions with have been more passive, Screenplay's been in I think either two or three games with me, GuiltyLion has one maybe, Yoshi has maybe one, and CheekyTeeky has none.

Creature is the only player here aside from RadiantCowbells, Reck, and chesskid who I'd say has much in the way of experience with me.

Which, in hindsight.

I suppose does explain why I am a viable mislynch this game.

I'd have to check the teammates of the above but given that most of the players in this game have rather negligible experience with me they don't have familiarity with my antics.
Hard to claim you wouldn't know you were at L-1 for a claim and that it would be "our fault because you told us you weren't staying current blahblahblah" if you knew I was in the game.

"But singer, I clearly saw you post in a preview edit, hardly something you can claim I am following along with."

Ah, yes, but how would you then recognize I was replacing Primate?

"Because of course I wanted to know WHY you were in the game so I looked it up like any sensible person would do."

Oh sure, then why are you claiming that it would be our fault for lynching you if you can clearly see posts that are happening as you're catching up?

You can't have it both ways, mastina. You're fear-mongering us to try and avoid putting pressure on you. You're trying to give us the illusion that you're catching up in the most genuine way possible even though recognizing that I was replacing Primate is a prime example of tainting your reads. If you truly didn't want to be influenced or involved with current events, you wouldn't have bothered connecting that piece
until you got there

As I told my team, I'm comfortable with a mastina or RC lynch today, while I continue to try and find the lurking scum (well verdict is still out on RC on whether or not he's just policy or if there's meat behind it but stay tuned!)
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Can we tell her teammates to tell her to just start at page 100
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 pm

In post 2810, singersigner wrote:RC lynch today, while I continue to try and find the lurking scum (well verdict is still out on RC on whether or not he's just policy or if there's meat behind it but stay tuned!)
I think that if you actually read the game that you wouldn't consider me the one worth policy voting in me/Chesskid.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

The main hesitation for my mastina read is because I realised that the only reason I ended up TRing Reck was for that big AtE post, which mastina's post reminded me about.

Are there other reasons people have for TRing Reck? I'm going to relook at his ISO.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Katyusha »

no, but i wanted that addressed because i dont feel like his progression through the game made any sense readwise and i dont think he's done anything to actually sort the game (which i addressed in the wall im not posting mostly out of spite)

rc if you ignored that question from me deliberately you can come clean, it wont affect anything regarding us in this game or outside
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2811, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can we tell her teammates to tell her to just start at page 100
I was actually just coming back to the thread to say something along these lines. And switch my vote.

If her team is letting her play by herself then ok whatever. But if any of them are following along, then they'd be encouraging this line of action.

Furthermore, if she fell behind and they knew it, they could've been in a position to help her catch up and not get behind. She not playing a very team Team Mafia.

AND I wanted to say that her refusing to acknowledge anything current means she's giving herself cart blanche to ignore any dismantling of her points as she's "catching up."

This whole thing reeks.

unvote
Vote: mastina
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:03 pm

In post 2814, Katyusha wrote:no, but i wanted that addressed because i dont feel like his progression through the game made any sense readwise and i dont think he's done anything to actually sort the game (which i addressed in the wall im not posting mostly out of spite)

rc if you ignored that question from me deliberately you can come clean, it wont affect anything regarding us in this game or outside
I must have missed the question, I've been busy and haven't followed up that much
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 2816, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2814, Katyusha wrote:no, but i wanted that addressed because i dont feel like his progression through the game made any sense readwise and i dont think he's done anything to actually sort the game (which i addressed in the wall im not posting mostly out of spite)

I must have missed the question, I've been busy and haven't followed up that much
i basically just asked why reck was town since you were unsure about me and i figured we can start by talking to each other

wrt mastina and singer's post, the only confusion i have with that point is that i'm still pretty sure she'd be doing the same thing as town. it's shitty, sure, but someone as principled and consistent in this regard as mastina apparently is would probably do it as town anyway. i dont know if i can actually say that that'd be why she's scum
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 979, Creature wrote:You TR mastina because you expected her to do better as scum, right?
Bluntly?

Yes.

As scum I don't strongarm control the game...but I still control the game. I influence it. I forget the exact terminology I've described it as before, but I described my process as scum in Rogue One: where I prefer to let the town eat itself alive and I subtly influence them to do so. I don't go all-out on players. I don't put myself out there to make a strong case, because I know that the strategy draws too much attention to myself and is likely to backfire hard.

Basically as scum I am a lazy manipulative bitch. I let the town fight itself, and I make it a point to not be in their midst, because I know they will focus on one another. I give them someone better, each and every time. They focus on one another, then when one goes down, the next follows, and while they call me scum they don't follow through because there's always someone they think is more worthy of the lynch.

So this isn't my scum MO. My scumgame is just.

Better. My scumgame is more subtle. My scumgame draws less attention to me.

But as town I am...well. While I have an ego when it comes to my scumplay, I don't actually SHOW it. As scum I will downplay it, I'll be more humble because that earns me allies. Yet as town I am my natural egotistical self. I do make everything about me, and I maintain that's not a bad thing--I become a sounding board, off of which others can bounce things. (That being said, it's much more effective if done in real time.)

Essentially as scum I'd never have fought and never deliberately drawn attention to myself and asked for spotlight. Those are hallmarks of my comparatively shitty towngame. My strategy, my play, isn't as good as town, but that's because I can't do my scumgame as town. Not for lack of trying (I actually think my scumgame makes a better towngame than my actual towngame does, thus, why I TRY to mimic it as town), but simply because I'm not able to pull it off. It's just not as good.

So yes.

Me not being better is valid evidence for me being town.
In post 982, RadiantCowbells wrote:Mastina is not as good a scum player as she thinks she is or claims to be and she couldn't pull that reckoner case off as scum. No offense to you Mastina.
Offense taken; this is the lower quality of my town cases; as scum my case would be
better
I feel like everyone should take a second to read mastina scum games because she's actually super weak about pushing people. Look at her blah as hell push on me in org 13. Or like anything she does as scum.
Frankly as scum I know what people consider my scumtells and try to subvert them when necessary; Organization XIII was a case where I felt it was necessitated for me to tone down my scum capabilities in order to not be caught as scum and for most of the game it worked. I was lynched more for POE purposes (everyone was more town than I was) more than I was for being seen as being in my scum meta. (In short, I wasn't seen as scum for meta, or even for play; I was just seen as less town.)
I wish Ginngie wasn't on mastinas team because anyone with Mastina experience should have her locktown rn
Not precisely. I don't think I'm obviously town in the conventional sense, where I bleed town, so much as I don't bleed scum. In THAT sense, yes, I'm town in that I bleed scum as scum (because scumastina is a cheeky scumfuck), but I'm not town for being obvtown.
In post 985, RadiantCowbells wrote:This is straight up not in her scum range.
I don't have a scum range.
There is nothing I cannot do in a game, be it as town or as scum.
There are things that I won't do as scum, and there are things I don't do as town.
Word usage rather intentional.

By which.

I mean.

I can do anything as either alignment--as scum, there are certain things I
won't
do. As scum, I have standards. As scum, there are certain lines I just refuse to cross. (One of the reasons I tell the truth as scum isn't just because I think it gives me the edge. It's also because I just genuinely think it unethical to, as scum, lie about some things. So instead, I tell the truth because the truth is something which there is no moral ambiguity in.)

And as town. There really aren't that many lines I intentionally refuse to cross. I am an ass as town. I will bitch, I will moan, I will complain, throw temper tantrums and demand to get what I want, more or less. It's just that in spite of me having not put thought into them. Despite not actually thinking about it. There are just some things that I don't actually do as town, for whatever reason.

Things that I theoretically am capable of doing, I just don't actually do them for whatever reason.
In post 983, Creature wrote:I want to sort as many players as possible rather than just votepark chesskid/Reck.
Well I'm giving thoughts on all of the players as I read the thread. I've given readslists even, but they're with the caveat that they are at those times in the thread with my reading and that when I get up to date I'll likely have a different one for you.
In post 992, Creature wrote:We give hider to Reck?
Over my dead body. Giving the hider to scum is guaranteeing its utility is wasted.
In post 993, chesskid3 wrote:Unless you have both me and reck as scum Reck is 100% town because either im the scum of us or I am town and 100% NOT. MISREADING. HIM.
I mean it goes without saying that's exactly what I think, but shouldn't really be a surprise.

Also, acknowledging the scumteam does not make it no longer exist.
In post 987, Aneninen wrote:
Reckoner

Things like his "actually Kilby just responded and said you're good at scum and Firebringer is easily caught so that's his explanation" – are seriously scummy. I've expressed my opinion before. In addition:
why
would have chosen Firebringer a scum-slot in the first place? Teams were able to assign players to slots freely. If they had sent RC here originally, they wouldn't have had to swap at all. See?

There are, how-can-I-say, "let's be friends" kind of nulls, too. Like . Scum need to do that, not townies.

Double-checked his , that readlist may or may not be genuine. Too much scum indeed, but could be playstyle-thing, too. Somehow, his later explanation, starting from gave me worse vibes, but I can't put my finger on it, why. I can't find the part where he had 8 scumreads.

In he says, f-ck meta. Still, he's using meta as a tool, eg. in and later, in that flamewallwhatsyt with Mastina. Erm...?
I mean the rest of the wall I don't really agree with, but these points are pretty dead on the money. Especially the point about "fuck meta, but here's meta on why mastina is shit".
In post 996, Katyusha wrote:What scumhunting has he done? How has he made any effort to figure out the gamestate besides tunneling Mastina over what basically amounts to omgus (for a push that isn’t even scummy) and personal grudge?
Exactly! He has not scumhunted, and has dismissed the efforts of players doing scumhunting with a shitty justification which given his teammates' contributions is also hypocritical.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 137, Aneninen wrote:So, both Spiffeh and Espeonage think Reckoner is scum.

They brought up the same thing I had noticed. I'm talking about eg. this:
In post 39, xRECKONERx wrote:think RC's team saw FB's slot/scumteam and RC swooped into the rescue but i can't vote there yet because i promised to policy RVS vote the spam squad
By that post RadiantCowbells
had clearly explained
the reason for the swap.

Althoug I'm back after one-and-a-half year and I've missed a lot, in Team Mafia, things like that explanation from RC is something
can be confirmed instantly
. So, in short, the swap in itself is null.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: xRECKONERx
I saw this is reck's iso. Aneninen has no good reason despite all the fuss to vote for reck here, it feels awkward and over elaborate for that stage of the game.

I can also say that I don't think these two are SvS together based on this interaction.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm

I'll get to it in the morning, thanks for bringing it up again.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2818, mastina wrote:Well I'm giving thoughts on all of the players as I read the thread. I've given readslists even, but they're with the caveat that they are at those times in the thread with my reading and that when I get up to date I'll likely have a different one for you.
(For instance, I caught that singer replaced Primate when I went to check the front page of this game and write the list of players with experience with me which I obviously can't do off the top of my head, and I have absolutely no clue what the circumstances are between that replacement; I'll want to see Primate's later play to see if it's town, scum, or null, and I'll want to see singer's content in context, things which I wouldn't have if I just skipped to current events, unless singer hasn't actually posted yet. Which again. I don't know yet.)
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 2819, CheekyTeeky wrote:Aneninen has no good reason despite all the fuss to vote for reck here, it feels awkward and over elaborate for that stage of the game.
...how?

I feel like in RVS if someone is pushing someone else for something provably NAI it's completely normal to scumread that

the wording i guess is a bit much but unless raybells is lying about anen that seems normal for him
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1009, Primate wrote:
In post 700, Creature wrote:Personally I don't like him listing me as just null-town.
Do you think people should be reading you as pro-town then?
Btw this is just about the only post in the Primate posting series I actually townread. The rest just look like filler. Well. Until
In post 1021, Primate wrote:No idea, still on page 31. So far it looks like you've pulled it out your ass.
...This, which I admit there's a bias but I just kinda like.
In post 1024, Primate wrote:@chess
Completely ignoring anything she did after page 31, I have no read on her, because she's barely made any fucking posts. I mean, for gods sake, wait.
This too to a much lesser extent.
In post 1003, Aneninen wrote: would he use raging at this particular situation to survive as scum?
What would you propose he as scum do instead?
He hasn't received town points from too many players.
That would be because back when Reck basically invented the rage style (I can vouch for him having done so), it wasn't very common. Nowadays,
everyone
does it. His signature style is thus...less effective than it was when he invented it.
In post 1004, Something_Smart wrote:I expected that he would follow up by directly asking me for one but he just kinda let it drop which in retrospect makes it feel like somewhat of a hollow question.
It was indeed! Now tell me, which alignment is more likely to ask hollow questions?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1009, Primate wrote:
In post 700, Creature wrote:Personally I don't like him listing me as just null-town.
Do you think people should be reading you as pro-town then?
Btw this is just about the only post in the Primate posting series I actually townread. The rest just look like filler. Well. Until
In post 1021, Primate wrote:No idea, still on page 31. So far it looks like you've pulled it out your ass.
...This, which I admit there's a bias but I just kinda like.
In post 1024, Primate wrote:@chess
Completely ignoring anything she did after page 31, I have no read on her, because she's barely made any fucking posts. I mean, for gods sake, wait.
This too to a much lesser extent.
In post 1003, Aneninen wrote: would he use raging at this particular situation to survive as scum?
What would you propose he as scum do instead?
He hasn't received town points from too many players.
That would be because back when Reck basically invented the rage style (I can vouch for him having done so), it wasn't very common. Nowadays,
everyone
does it. His signature style is thus...less effective than it was when he invented it.
In post 1004, Something_Smart wrote:I expected that he would follow up by directly asking me for one but he just kinda let it drop which in retrospect makes it feel like somewhat of a hollow question.
It was indeed! Now tell me, which alignment is more likely to ask hollow questions?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”