NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:20 am

Post by sthar8 »

Looks like deadline isn't for a while. I'll catch up tonight or tomorrow, depending on other things.

Hi Prozac!
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 am

Post by sthar8 »

Sorry guys, busy weekend at work. I'm reading today and should be caught up by tonight.

From skimming the last couple:

We have a L-1 claim of one shot vig?
Is he someone we can trust to make a pick, or do we need him chained? If he's chained, I'd like to have everybody choose a pool from which he will kill at random.
Does somebody wanna have the 'chained PR 101' talk with him?

Also suspect lists from all the players with brains would be very helpful.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 am

Post by sthar8 »

EBWOP:

UNVOTE:

Since I've forgotten in like the last three games I've replaced into.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:31 am

Post by sthar8 »

k. I'm down. How do you feel about a killpool? I think it minimizes scumgain from chained PR.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Nononononono. If you get chained, you do as you're told. Or you die.

Also, you need to be super transparent about reads and such starting right now.

Basically, the fact that you couldn't avoid getting run up and claiming means that you've lost the right to autonomy of choice. C'est la vie.

I'm up to page 16.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Yeah, I'm not buying fish's claim. Seems to me like a hasty road block to stave off his impending lynch.

I am, however perfectly happy with UT's test circle. The WIFOM is not insurmountable, and either way it limits scum options.

I'm gonna finish reading then put together a reads list and a list of who I've played with before.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by sthar8 »

No it's just poor chunking.

What he said was, effectively "any suggestions on who to kill to hit scum"

and "who seems the scummiest"

It's consistent with his previously displayed language skills. And a question he would ask regardless of alignment, but the incautious phrasing combined with my read of his earlier play suggests VI town.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 804, pirate mollie wrote:
lets lynch star!
Really? Bring it fool! <3 I'm about due for a policy lynch.

How do you feel about marquis?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 809, Elyse wrote: In 100% agreement with this.

I didn't like that post by sthar at all but I can't quite articulate why.
Just come with me and we can shake your blues right away.
You'll be doing fine when the music starts.
In post 808, pirate mollie wrote:
I like marquis for town right now. do you not?
I'm not sure what i think yet. There's just a couple weird posts there.
In post 812, Green Crayons wrote: 17. evilpacman18
18. RadiantCowbells
I can get behind shooting either of these, for sure.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 817, pirate mollie wrote:star and I have never been on the same team
are you scum this game?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 820, Untrod Tripod wrote: I want Zekrom to shoot GC Marquis or EPM.
Why not RC? And why marquis, if the plan is for fish to save the target?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 823, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 819, sthar8 wrote:
In post 817, pirate mollie wrote:star and I have never been on the same team
are you scum this game?
are you freaking kidding me

this is more along your likeable scum game than the 1 time I saw you as town
:neutral:
The only time you saw me as town was when I replaced into a 100 page game right before lylo. I had to get serious there fast. I was just wondering if we get to be on the same team finally.

Your reaction looks good though :D

(also I totally sent a bitch-pm to desp when he sent me a town role. You can check with him in post. I was kinda hoping to be scum with you. Then I realized that ABR wouldn't have replaced out if he were scum.)
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 827, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why RC?

Let's hear this, no go on.
Same reasons as pacman:
1. I have no indication of your alignment
2. You're not contributing
3. There is no indication that you're planning on contributing
4. My knowledge of you as a player suggests that you will be a liability to the town.

Understand, the plan is not for you to die, but if you do I'm not going to cry over it.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 am

Post by sthar8 »

Pirate, really? I'm a really bad day 1 lynch.

If I'm not slammed at work I'll get content up tonight, but i think I really want to lynch marquis.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

Post by sthar8 »

Prozac I don't want to hit RC or EPM unless we're explicitly value lynching. vigging is one thing, wasting a lynch a whole other, unless you have a case. I'll have to look at OGML.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by sthar8 »

FFS zekrom.

Mollie, go read my posts slowly. This is me trusting you.

Remember Bowser? For the first two days I was in the game I was catching up. I did almost nothing until we had setup info and I could attempt to break it. And as soon as someone started engaging me, I got excited.

Honestly, I'm not very excited about this game. Half the playerlist is terrible lurkers. I only replaced in because Desp asked me to, and I haven't been able to work up the energy to be super involved. I wanted to hydra with my brother so he could temper my crankiness, but desp said no hydrae. But I'm going to try to get into it, so if you're going to policy lynch me please save it for day 2 or 3.

I'm posting this and I haven't even read the last two pages. But here's where I'm at so far, in the interest of transparency:

1. Formerfish- VI. Do not believe claim.
2. PeregrineV- Have experience. Tends to be lurky, but I've seen good content from him before.
3. Gooner- Little experience. Not seen anything useful from him.
4. DeathNote- no experience. content seems good, do not want to lynch.
5. pisskop- VI
6. Yates- let's let him get his legs, capable of real content.
7. pirate mollie- townpile. If not, will be apparent later. extensive recent experience with townmollie. excited to be on same team for once.
8. OhGodMyLife - lurker. possible VI, no experience.
9. Untrod Tripod- good content. probtown.
10. Malakittens- lurking. no experience.
11. Elyse- i have a hard time reading elyse. good content, but her process is completely alien to me.
12. Marquis- probscum. get to this in a bit.
13. Nikanor- VI.
14. Ythan- i remember liking the little i've seen.
15. Porochaz- yay prozac. null for now, i've only seen him as a mod. i do like vocal posters right now.
16. sthar8- fuck this guy. real asshole.
17. evilpacman18- VI from experience. Also lurking. I would be fine policy lynching for out of game reasons.
18. RadiantCowbells-VI from experience. Also lurking. I would be fine policy lynching for out of game reasons.
19. zekrom25- VI. I kinda believe his claim? every post from him makes me doubt it, but I spectated a game in which he fucked up horribly so he might just be town.
20. tman2nd- probscum. I didn't realize this until just now. get to this later.
21. Green Canyons- GC, where do I know you from? I feel like we've played before...

p-edit Elyse, engage brain please. I don't need to defend, there's nothing to defend against. Mollie's paranoid because this is the first time in like five games with her that i've been town, and last time i was town she was scum. She'll come around eventually. Marquis is voting me because she's scum.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by sthar8 »

fuck you guys are fast. I'm trying to get a response in.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Watching mollie freak out over me has me pretty convinced that she's town, btw. No way she'd get this worked up over a tough mislynch.
In post 955, pirate mollie wrote:ff, have you played with star in your messiah hydra? cos I am wondering how authentic his whole, "desp asked me to replace in" cos star has been in none of mine and desp's games and I can think of 5 people easy that desp would ask before star (no offense star) if he was going to ask anybody which I kind of lean he wouldn't do so he would just go with the replacement queue
No offense taken.

My return game was Desperado mafia, and I played with him in Watch Your Step as Lying Cat (though Jingle Qb'd that game.) As far as playing in the same games as Herself, I can't talk about ongoing games. He asked me to get in on this publicly, in the scumchat lobby. I don't know why he asked me specifically, you and he can discuss that later (though the fact that I was immediately available probably factored in). I actually kind of expected you to question whether he'd be more likely to ask me in for a scumslot, since you know my druthers in that regard.

Whether desp asked me in or not isn't alignment indicative. I was just explaining why I even replaced in if I don't have any enthusiasm for the game.
In post 958, Untrod Tripod wrote:holy buddying batman, sthar's reads list looks like it was pulled from my stated reads in this game!
You know that wasn't a reads list, right? 'VI' is not an alignment. Plus I think I was questioning Marquis while you were still townreading her and I don't know if you ever said anything about tman.

In post 959, Zekrom25 wrote:
@sthar8

are the ones in bold some possible scum suspects ?
What is your native language?

I'd vote to shoot inside of {RC, EPM, Marquis, Zekrom, tman}, with a preference for lynching Marquis and tman
In post 961, Formerfish wrote:I realize that I may not play the game as others would expect me to, because they are holding their own views as gospel, but I am a more than competent player. If you doubt me look at my own games finished and those of Messiah Complex. Sometimes I trip over myself and my wording because I get frustrated that people don't see the things I do, and I feel like I get buried in games this large. I prefer smaller games but really wanted to play in my brothers. I claimed when I did because I didn't see things going any other way and why let it get to deadline and then have to go down a different avenue. I am the doctor. If you are scum reading me you should seriously reevaluate your reads.

I am trying to get my own reads, and most of what I have to go off of is gut at this point. Fuck, anyone who claims to have reads based off much more than that are either scum of delusional.
1. I'm not reading your meta. Sorry.
2. I agree wrt large games, but the appeal here is fallacious and not helping your case any.
3. Your claim is not how you got run up in the first place. Though to be fair it's really the only problem I have with you.
4. The VI thing was maybe a little harsh, but I was listing impressions. All I've seen from you is a impotent defense and pushing the thing between UT and zekrom, which is clearly unproductive.
5. My reads are based on not-gut and I am neither scum nor delusional. Not discounting the gut playstyle, but don't make claims about what you clearly don't understand.
In post 963, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 958, Untrod Tripod wrote:holy buddying batman, sthar's reads list looks like it was pulled from my stated reads in this game!
so you think ff is a town VI but don't believe his claim too????
If he's lying about his claim ofc he's either scum or RC or both. I didn't mean to imply town there.

I'll define terms: in my head VI means village idiot, as in "every village has an idiot." The connotation is that every playerlist has at least one useless player, not that said player is necessarily town. I vaguely remember a discussion on 'VI' vs 'SI' that should have made me clarify, but that's not how I read the term. Apologies.

More later. Closing the store tonight.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 972, Elyse wrote:sthar is posting minimal content, pacifying mollie after engaging in an argument with her, and dropping forced, fake towntells like "Desp asked me to replace into this game and I raged when I got a town PM. You can check with him postgame." and "I have a townread on mollie. So happy to finally be on the same team." He keeps mentioning that he's town and he's not a new player so this is throwing up several red flags.
:neutral: I thought I was scum because I wasn't defending myself against mollie? Where did that go?

I don't think you can call 'not posting content' a scumtell ITT, unless you think we're in LYLO. I'm still arguing with mollie, so you're going to need to go into more detail on the whole 'pacifying' thing. Your 'fake, forced' towntells are actually alignment neutral, which might be why you think they're bad towntells. And I keep mentioning that I'm town because the argument against me is effectively 'he's totes scum' to which the only reply I can make is 'no, still town.' Insisting on your alignment might be a scumtell when it's done for no reason, but that doesn't apply here.

I'm quite disappointed in your reading of my posts. It seems like you're stretching 'tells' to fit your narrative rather than the other way around. Are you afraid of me, Elyse?
In post 995, RadiantCowbells wrote:Vig pool is me / UT

lynch UT tomorrow if you have to shoot me tonight
Will you shut the fuck up and let the grownups talk?

Actually, UT, I don't think I want fish to protect Zekrom's target. I think we actually benefit from him killing a lurker, and if fish is a doc the scum have to handle him at some point anyway.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 988, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 986, tman2nd wrote:
In post 984, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 960, tman2nd wrote:
IMPORTANT!

@Zekrom: IF WE GIVE YOU A LIST OF POSSIBLE TARGETS WILL YOU KILL ONE OF THOSE TARGETS?
yes if they are scum i will
Will 100% do so? Even if you don't think any of them are scum?
yes however i'll iso each one to double check each one, so i don't shoot a town by mistake
Zekrom. I'm putting this in its own post so you are sure to see it. I need you to reply to this in your next post. You will agree that when the town chooses your target, you will 100% commit to shooting that person. I don't give a fuck if you think they're town. That's not your call to make. You don't need to iso anybody. You do as you're fucking told, or you die today. You have proven without a doubt that you cannot be trusted with your power, and if you won't let yourself be directed you're a liability.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Not if we're testing the doc claim too. Although I'm less sure about that than I was.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by sthar8 »

EBWOP in reply to tman's last. Sorry.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1000, Zekrom25 wrote:

please provide the list
See this is what makes me real fucking nervous about you. I've given you a list twice now, and you've acknowledged neither of them, which means you're not reading all the posts. And when I gave my player impressions, you somehow read into that a list that included my second strongest townread, a claimed doc, and
myself
. If you think I'd offer myself or my townreads as vig targets, then I have no clue what's going on in your mind. And I don't like it when I can't predict the vig.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Alright, it's 1 am and I have to be up at 8. But because I love you all and I'm a benevolent deity, I'm gonna talk about marquis before I sleep. tman can wait until tomorrow-ish.

Here's what tickles my scumdar from Marquis:

The whole time she was pushing the Zek lynch, she kept justifying why it wouldn't be too bad for her to be voting him if he flipped town.
In post 265, Marquis wrote: pretty sure he's just stalling scum rather than mislynch bait.
After the lynch, Marquis could come back, point to this and say "oh well, I guess I was wrong." That's not indicative by itself, but it seems to be part of a pattern:
In post 408, Marquis wrote:is it really supposed to be taken for granted that he's a VI? I mean, it feels like I'm the only one still thinking or maybe even just hoping he's scum. It's not like scum can't just be obvious if they're a new player, anyway
In post 439, Marquis wrote:there's a difference between nothingbad and just plain scummybad right
In post 748, Marquis wrote:Inconsistency is not necessarily a scum trait but it sure makes me want to vote people
In post 403, Marquis wrote:
In post 402, Gooner wrote:To be honest I wouldn't want Zekrom alive with me in the end game.
^

this is probably the one time i've ever advocated for a policy lynch so zekrom if you're scum you should feel special and if you're town well you should still feel pretty special
All sound like 'I'll need to justify why I was on a town wagon tomorrow."

And when everybody's talking about Zek, she's ambivalent:
In post 599, Marquis wrote:
In post 575, Formerfish wrote:I do like the way he threw in the word town there though, guess he was worried we might mistake that for a straight out scum claim
I kind of maybe agree with this part at least
But when he's not the center of attention she's sure:
In post 387, Marquis wrote:This discussion is tiresome let's lynch zekrom now I demand it

Plus:
In post 851, Marquis wrote:
In post 829, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 824, Marquis wrote:and UT I thought I was a town read for you :( when did that change

pedit everyone is scum and everyone needs to die
look, it's day 1 and all I have to go on here is reactions. you seemed to be discrediting the chained vig plan, and that's the textbook scum reaction. sorry dude.
i'm sorry i have a scumread on you and therefore don't want town to have to follow whatever you're laying out for them

there are too many unknown variables, i.e. the presence of an rb/jk that can/will target zekrom and/or fish. there's probably going to be some shit where we mislynch town today, zekrom's action as real vig gets fucked with/we underestimate the number of scum kills or don't plan for multiball and zekrom claims one of two+ kills to get away for another day as scum

i can't tell anymore who between you, zekrom, or death for just even sheeping you now i want to lynch, but it's not fish at all today. i don't even care if he's pulling shit right now as scum because these concerns were all validated in that last game i finished and i'm done with the plans not working out

can we just lynch scum today and stop the fucking pr hunting
She doesn't like the plan that (at the very least) limits scum options, and argues against it with vague and irrelevant scare tactics, and a discredit 'push' on UT. Is there any evidence that UT is scum here? No. Nor is there any reason not the chain the claimed vig other than 'OMG guise it might not werk out!!!' So in the absence of legitimate reasons, why push against the plan at all?

Mostly, it looks like marquis wants to be on a mislynch without driving it, and is preemptively justifying it. Also, the argument against the vig chaining leaves a bad taste in my mouth and there's no scumhunting in that whole iso. Zekrom is obviously the easiest target we've seen today; there almost has to be scum on his wagon. And Marquis fits the bill.

I'll do tman tomorrow, and vote when I've decided which I find more compelling.

{prozac, UT, mollie} feels like town
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1005, Porochaz wrote:
In post 1002, sthar8 wrote:Not if we're testing the doc claim too. Although I'm less sure about that than I was.
Lets not be stupid about this.

If we test the doc claim then how do we test the vig claim, hmmm?
I think the idea was that scum would have to kill fish to allow zek's kill through. which would confirm zek as a killing role, and direct the scumkill. If nothing happened we'd just lynch zek tomorrow and let the fish situation resolve itself. I think I've decided to be happy with pruning lurkers though, especially if we shoot EPM/RC.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I'm spoilering to make this not eat screen.

Spoiler: @GC
In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:
(1) Because Elyse's Post 972. In particular, sthar's interaction with mollie strikes me as scum trying to get into the good graces of a player they think will go to bat for them if convinced.
Baaa goes the sheep. Mollie's not going to go to bat for me; there is nothing I could do to assauge her paranoia. As a show of good faith, I've given her my entire game plan this game specifically tailored for her to pick up. Anything else has to come from her. It's adorably annoying of you to add to the ad nauseam of a point that I've already responded to, btw.

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:(2) Because sthar's Post 1009 looks like scum trying to push -reasons- to lynch a player other folks have already voiced a willingness to lynch. It looks that way because sthar's reasons are really quite bad (pointed out why below), but he gets the double benefit of looking like he's actively scumhunting (e.g., "look at this effort!") while being able to fall back on the fact that plenty of other players have already also stated Marquis suspicions (e.g., "alas, I, like all those other town, were mistaken").
2. Bullshit. I was talking about marquis while everyone was still townreading her. My whole process is in thread on that one. I think you're confusing 'looks like scumhunting' with 'scumhunting.' And the only hedge I've made on marqius is that my tman case might be more compelling.
In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:- sthar uses quotes isolated from their context to concoct a scum motivation for their content while ignoring the ongoing discussion to which these posts were responding.
You mean the discussion that I wasn't here for, and asked for help interpreting, and was ignored? Fuck you. If you think I'm wrong and you've got it all figured out, why weren't you trying to help me get it right?

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:- sthar mischaracterizes what Marquis's posts are actually about. For example, Post 748 is talking about DeathNote, not Zekrom. And the ambivalent/sure point is based on Post 599, which speaks more to how Marquis feels about Fish than Zekrom.
I didn't mischaracterize shit. You just don't read so good.

748- I may have focused on zek, but what I actually said was that Marquis is probscum for hedging scumreads. IIRC she did it to fish, zek and dn, at least. "This isn't scummy but I'd vote for it anyway" is not a townie thing to say. And saying it to encourage a wagon that you're not on is quite indicative.

599- Bullshit. It's hedgingly supporting fish's scumread of zek. It serves the purpose of pushing the zek wagon indirectly. And why are you explaining interpretations of Marquis' statements to me? Do you think
she
can't adequately do so?

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:- sthar thinks that finding fault with believing a vig-night-kill plan can actually survive scum fuckery even though scum are fully aware of what that plan is amounts to scumminess because... unclear.
This is not a coherent thought. You have too many verbs and something appears to be missing. Reformat into something that won't summon an Elder God if I read it aloud and we'll revisit.

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:I am apparently unaware of sthar's extensive knowledge of all those times that scum haven't screwed an early-game, out-in-the-open town's night action plan,
FALLACY! FUCK YOU! FALLACY! Do you not know how to construct an argument without appeals to authority and ridicule? Is that what this is? Do you have an actual point or do you just enjoy the taste of your own dick?

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:so that expressing doubt as to its success is no longer a "legitimate reason" to not champion such a plan.
Another example of not understanding how arguments work. When someone proposes a plan that you disagree with, the productive thing to do is 1. explain what could go wrong and 2. how that would hurt the town before 3. proposing an alternative so that the town can work toward optimal play. Marquis' #1 was "bad things might happen omg!!1!!!" #2 and #3 were completely nonexistent. Marquis doesn't want to chain the vig, but also doesn't want to give a reason why we shouldn't. Which is indicative of scum.

So the whole point there was that you don't agree with my case, :. I'm scum? Have you never played this game before or are you a retired boxer?
Spoiler: @Elyse
In post 1019, Elyse wrote:
It's still there. Instead of addressing mollie's points, you try to get her off your back by townreading her and saying you are a bad D1 lynch.
WHAT POINTS!!! She wants to lynch me because I've beaten her a couple times as scum. What the fuck am I supposed to say to address that??? And in just a moment, you are going to call me scum for trying to talk mollie off my lynch. Which sounds like defending to me. So I'm scum for defending and scum for not defending. That's nice.
In post 1019, Elyse wrote:I don't get this nor do I understand how LyLo has anything to do with this. You aren't stupid and haven't posted any original content. It's all rehashed filler that everyone generally agrees with. (Your post about Marquis) That is a scumtell.
BULLL shit. Don't BoP me, you're smarter than that. I'm not engaged in this game, I explained why, and I got called a liar. Unless you want to come watch me work, there's nothing else I can do about that. But I am getting into the swing, starting with the case on marquis. A case which has not so far been otherwise presented, and contains no filler. Please support your idiotic assertions.

The LYLO thing: If not posting content is a scumtell, then half the playerlist must be scum. If half the playerlist is scum, we're in LYLO. Just extending out your logic. :P
In post 1019, Elyse wrote: You were like "BRING IT ON" and the minute mollie starts going after you, you're like "your reaction was good though" and you townread her. Yes you are arguing with her but you are trying to calm her down and get off your back.
And here I'm scum for trying to talk mollie down. Mmmkay. And I'm scummy because I think she's town? Go ahead and ask mollie if me townreading her is likely to make her back off. I'll wait. If anything, it's likely to make her scumread me harder because I did that to her as scum twice. But I can't help her pm, and I'm not lying to the town even if it's detrimental to me. Also, have you played with mollie? If you know a better way to determine her alignment than arguing with her, I'm all ears.

In post 1019, Elyse wrote: No they are not. No townie makes fake, forced scumtells.
First, apples and oranges. neutral ≠ scummy, so try again.

Second, of course they do. I'm not this game, but that was basically my whole plan in flitter and it resulted in you townreading me. Why do you not remember that?
In post 1019, Elyse wrote: No it's not
Fine. Show me the points I'm not responding to. Arguing by assertion is just shitty play.

In post 1019, Elyse wrote: and yes it does.
The sky is blue. Don't be an idiot.
In post 1019, Elyse wrote: No are you afraid of me?
Not really, although I don't understand your process which makes me skittish. But mollie is, so it makes sense for her to be pushing me over bare bones stretched meta. What's your excuse?
Spoiler: @mollie
In post 1031, pirate mollie wrote:
@ star

this part confuses me of your post:
(also I totally sent a bitch-pm to desp when he sent me a town role.
okay so you wanted a scum role yeah?
I always want a scum role. You know this.
You can check with him in post. I was kinda hoping to be scum with you.
so did you think i was scum when you subbed in or were you just hoping that I was when you saw the playerlist?
All I had read was the playerlist. I was hoping to be scum, and I was hoping you were scum with me.
Then I realized that ABR wouldn't have replaced out if he were scum.)
but wouldn't you have realised that you weren't scum when you received your role pm? so why would realising that apb would not replace out as scum make you realise that I was not scum?
I realized I wouldn't be scum after I had agreed to play in the game, but before I got my pm. I had missed that EPM was in the game and ABR wouldn't have replaced out if he were scum (in my opinion). Then I got my role pm, and replied to desp. Then I played for a few days and argued with you, and you got all super excited about lynching me. Your response precluded attempting to mislynch me, :. you are town. Does that help?
In post 1049, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1047, Nikanor wrote:zekrom, please confirm that you'll be shooting gooner tonight.
oh good grief just claim already

you have already put a target on your back if you are right

and why would you not to lynch gooner right now
Because VI
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:10 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1074, Marquis wrote: 2a. zekrom's town targeting scum? what if they have a way to prevent that kill from going through, and what if zekrom loses the 1-shot?
How does that hurt town? Specifically, how does that hurt town more than lynching him now in that scenario?
In post 1074, Marquis wrote:2b. zekrom's town targeting town? we potentially lose an unrevealed town pr (or force them to claim today before night), and if it's just a vt then we're effectively replacing them with zekrom. i would rather risk lynching zekrom than leaving him with a possible kill that would probably hit town-that's-more-valuable-than-him
If we direct the kill and hit town, it will not be town that's more valuable than him. Granted, Zek might go nuts and shoot an active player, but that's why we're being so explicit about getting his agreement.
In post 1074, Marquis wrote:2c. zekrom's scum? i still think with his erratic behavior (if scum has daytalk which i think is likely) it could be the result of coaching by partners, or just simple trolling and pretending to be newer than he is. also, if this is multiball or there's an extra scum kill, he can just claim the extra kill like what happened in we the purple, and i feel like people would be too eager to believe it.
If he claims someone else's kill, then he's outed when the kill happens again. If there's only one scumteam and they use the kill to look like his, we just picked the scum nk which is p much bcs here.
In post 1074, Marquis wrote:3. no matter how this goes i do not want ut deciding the vig shot, and how vocal he's been about it annoys me. i don't remember his exact vig pool except suddenly it had me in it, so no.
That's why we
vote
on it.
In post 1074, Marquis wrote:(literally ANY TOWN PLAYER is more valuable than him)
Not true. Specifically RC, EPM, and possibly piss are more valuable to the town dead than alive. And zek dies tomorrow or the next day anyway.
In post 1095, Marquis wrote:scum vig is possible, meaning scum with a second kill.
Can you find me an example of this? In a normal game plz.

@UT- The 'scum vig' thing has me doubting my scumread on marquis. You wanna look over tman's iso with me? I'm also interested in GC and Elyse, but I don't want my bias affecting that so I'd like your thoughts. If you were a dayvig, who would you shoot right now?

There is at least one scum among the people who wagoned me. I'll be looking into t-dog tonight after magic, but this would be way easier if it were a conversation.

mollie? You havent howled for my blood in your last couple of posts. What're you thinking?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:16 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1083, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1073, sthar8 wrote:I'm spoilering to make this not eat screen.
Still happy with my vote.
You know what they say about ignorance. Must be especially true for invincible ignorance.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1104, Nikanor wrote: b) i doubt that marquis is anything but town, period. seriously, why are people voting him?
I made a whole post about that. Least you can do is make a post about why not. I am listening...

Or you could continue being a spectacular vig target, whatever.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1108, pirate mollie wrote:dear star,

I know you have always taken care to make sure that your ruthless lying, buddying and subsequent abandonment to watch me get mislynched was as painless as possible and because of that I will be gentle with you. I am sorry you once again got a scumrole it makes me sad.

love,

mollie
Dear mollie,

I understand. My recent spate of scum wins was bound to cause at least one mislynch. I had hoped it wouldn't be day 1 for vanity reasons. Just promise me that next game we play, you won't expect this level of anger from me as a towntell; it's a result of the playerlist. Good luck solving this one.

warmest wishes,

sthar

In post 1117, Nikanor wrote:it is about him calling me an idiot. he doesn't even know me. :cry:

skeevy-as-fuck is my middle name. i never said it was
hard
evidence. >_>
:facepalm:

Nikanor-

I'm sorry that your sarcastic and vapid posting gave me the impression that you are a moron. Given the levels of idiocy in this game I'm having trouble distinguishing actual idiot from pretend idiot, and for that I sincerely apologize. I'm sure you are a lovely human being who is pleasing to all of the senses, and I value your unique input.

I've been trying to get a conversation going for days, but mollie's too paranoid and everybody else is too stupid or too frustrated. I don't think Marquis is ambivalent towards the zek read, I think she is trying to push the wagon without being seen to drive it. The method of objection to UT's plan was also incredibly sketchy, not the fact of objection itself.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote: I don't like sthar.
I think you're an idiot.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:He posted a read list "in the interest of transparency" meaning he's more concerned with peoples' perceptions of him than posting reads because they convict him into lynching/defending certain people, etc.
Evidence.

In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:Also he's got like a third of the playerlist chalked up to VI (including myself, which I can't remember playing with him but whatever) which normally indicates a town read (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all), but in the case of someone like fish, who he says he doesn't really believe the claim, meaning he's reading him as scum, it's either a mislabeled null-read or intentional dissonance. Either way, his dismissal of so many players as VI is some indication that, again, he's more interested in looking actively engaged than being so.
more evidence.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote: zekrom's 959 is more typically dull posting from him but I think he accidentally tripped over the discovery that sthar doesn't actually have much at all and for a full playerlist reads post, it leaves me at least still quite unsure of what sthar thinks.
even more evidence.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:Oh well in 987 sthar specifically says "VI is not a read"
well
1. yes it is (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all)
2. so you completely avoided posting reads in your read list
This just suggests that you can't read English.
In post 1157, Yates wrote:
In post 1007, sthar8 wrote:I don't like it when I can't predict the vig.
:eek:

:facepalm:

Need to know if you guys should block him tonight or let his shot go through on Town?
Yes. Which is why I suggested that he shoot from a pool that I didn't pick. Obviously. I mean, can I be any more blatant?

Vigs are negative utility. VI vigs are a liability. I'm not trusting the class of player who would fake cop as town not to shoot universal townreads 'just in case.'
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by sthar8 »

@ everyone
So it's valentines weekend and I just don't give a fuck about this game. So here's what's going to happen:

Somebody's gonna take this post as a scummy appeal to pity (which is fair, because afayk it could be) and use that as a justification to push me harder. If I'm not quicklynched, I'm gonna claim my role and show my extensive breadcrumbing. Some idiot's gonna say that they don't believe my crumbs, mollie's gonna point out that I fakecrumbed as scum in antihero mafia, and claim fatigue will result in my lynch. Over the night phase, I'm going to send desp a pm apologizing for my performance this game and lamenting that his games always seem to be full of the worst players on the site. I'm going to ask him to publicly confirm that he asked me to replace in over scumchat, and that I asked to hydra with my brother to counteract my temper. At daybreak tomorrow, someone's going to justify my lynch by saying that I deserved it for not engaging the game earlier (which is true). I'm going to hopefully learn that however much you like a mod and one or two players, you should account for the entirety of the list before replacing in.

Sound like a plan? Let's get to it. Give me a yell when you're ready for the crumbs.

btw, I'd vig RC. Defending me at this point might be scum looking for cred, and even if he has a town pm he's not protown. RC, if you're legitimately reading me correctly then I'm sorry and thanks for trying, but it's gonna take some doing to live down the faked cop thing. Also someone go read tman's ISO, there might be something there.

Prozac- I know you don't remember me, but it's nice to see you again. If you mod ever give me a yell; I'd love to play in one of your games again.

UT- If you want, send me a pm about the cyberpunk game. I'll be looking for something new shortly.

PV, Gooner, DN, Yates, mollie, UT, mala, Elyse, Ythan, Prozac- Thanks for the effort, good luck to your teams. I hope to see you in better playerlists :D
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1181, pisskop wrote:
Why dont you make a list for Zek, or convince us UTs plan to use his vig is wrong?
Fuck you. I agree with UT's plan and I've given zek three lists. Read the fucking game.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1183, pisskop wrote:you mentioned you doubted his ability. did you ask him if he undeestood?
Did you read the game? Because, yes, I fucking did.

In post 1183, pisskop wrote:Its not my job to be a nanny,
No, it's your job to play the fucking game, which you are not doing.
In post 1183, pisskop wrote:But why are you reseigning yourself.
I explained this pretty clearly. I don't care to put in the effort when I know what the outcome is going to be.
In post 1183, pisskop wrote:Hell according to the vc Im townier than you.
What is the purpose of this? Did I hurt your feelings? Let me break down why I'm getting wagoned:
1. There are two players who have played with me before BoP-ing me, because I'm not engaged in the game
2. There are two half sheep players whose 'cases' suggest that they need someone to remind them to breathe every few seconds.
3. There are a couple of players compromising for a deadline lynch because reading the town suck in this game would make any sane person want to cut their own eyes out.
4. And there are shit spewing fountains like you who are willing to sheep without reading and vomit garbage into the thread for everyone else to have to wade through.
In post 1183, pisskop wrote:I cant be so bad if Im not the one singing my own threnody.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just dont confuse being painful to read with catching scum, the game certainly doesn't need that.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1184, Ythan wrote:Acknowledging that your post doesn't look good and predicting people talking shit doesn't make it a better post.
That's fine, its an 'I-don't-give-a-fuck' post. Do you want me to claim now or wait for another vote or two?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Sorry, you guys post too much.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (isolation #35) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1191, Ythan wrote:My understanding is that it is because Marquis had the second most votes.
:roll: Fish had the second most votes when I decided I wanted to lynch Marquis.

@DN- Marquis hasn't been scumhunting and her push on zek sounded like she knew he was town and didn't want to be in the driver's on his wagon. And her objections to UT's plan were vague scare tactics rather than attempting to determine optimal town play. I'm doubting the marquis wagon right now because of the 'scum vig' thing, and I really want someone to look into tman but if I do it nobody will take it seriously. I'm also certain there's scum on my wagon but I'm obviously biased there (although even if you think I'm scum there's probably at least one bussing me).

Ythan- Just for you, I'm gonna wait until I get one more vote before I claim. :wink: (I don't think the deadline is relevant, because I'm pretty sure I get lynched. Your last post was picture perfect claim fatigue. First you'll be mad that the power roles are shitty enough to get wagoned, then you'll tell yourself that not all the claims can be real. Finally, you'll decide that I'm the lynch because my wagon already exists. I own my part in this, and I'm sorry for letting it get this far.)
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I'm a Roleblocker.

Crumbs:
In post 792, sthar8 wrote: Seems to me like a hasty
r
oad
b
lock to stave off his impending lynch.
In post 807, sthar8 wrote:
R
eally?
B
ring it fool! <3 I'm about due for a policy lynch.
In post 816, sthar8 wrote:Just come with me and we can shake your blues right away.
You'll be doing fine when the music starts.
Rhythm of the Night, by DeBarge (an
R
&
B
song)
In post 919, sthar8 wrote:
P
irate,
r
eally?
I'm a
r
eally
b
ad day 1 lynch.
In post 944, sthar8 wrote: Mollie, go read my posts slowly.
Because I'm crumbing.
In post 944, sthar8 wrote:This is me trusting you.

R
emember
B
owser?
In post 1007, sthar8 wrote:And I don't like it when I can't predict the vig.
Because I might have to block him. Especially if he thought I was suggesting myself as a target.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Post by sthar8 »

:roll: because I would crumb RB as scum. I told you my claim wouldn't clear me.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (isolation #38) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by sthar8 »

@mollie why are they terrible? The point of crumbs is for them not to be obvious, but not to be random. Are you suggesting that I casually use phrases that start with r then b as often as that, or that you saw them already?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (isolation #39) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Post by sthar8 »

@ zek I'm at L-2 and there are less than 2 days before deadline. That's ... not early.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (isolation #40) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1205, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1203, sthar8 wrote:@mollie why are they terrible? The point of crumbs is for them not to be obvious, but not to be random. Are you suggesting that I casually use phrases that start with r then b as often as that, or that you saw them already?
I think some1 could make a sentence and later claim that was a crumb omg like people have done this a hundred of times. all you have to do is highlight letters in whatever you said

your claim looks fabricated, altho you might actually be a scum roleblocker
So you're suggesting that I just happened to use that combination like eight times and reference a song that involved it by chance? Come on, mollie, you even commented on how awkward the wording of some of those posts was. And as you pointed out, you don't even need to disbelieve the claim to continue thinking I'm scum. Further, you saw me crumb in antihero as scum, so you have that as a ready made excuse for pushing my lynch. It looks like you're stretching for reasons to disbelieve me.
In post 1209, Untrod Tripod wrote:quick question:

has breadcrumbing EVER convinced anyone to not lynch a player?
Yeah, it's worked for me a couple times. That's of course why I do it as both town and scum; if you can prove you were planning on claiming a role it looks better in massclaim. Of course, it was never gonna work for Roleblocker, because 'OMG what if he's claiming his scum role and pretending its town loL!!!1!'
In post 1210, pisskop wrote:'idontgiveafuck' so have a wall post explainining just how many I dont give.

:|
Do you need glasses? I know your goldfish brain loses interest after like six words, but you should still be able to see the size difference that denotes a wall.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:38 am

Post by sthar8 »

Also GC's criteria for a vote is fucking silly, apparently.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:40 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1216, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1214, Elyse wrote:I still think you are scum but even if you are a town roleblocker, town roleblockers fuck up town more than they do scum most of the time.

I am bookmarking this cos that is single stupidest most retarded thing I have ever seen posted in a mafia game ever on 8 different sites. like holy shit
It's scum. Don't worry about it too much. Although it's adorable that I'm apparently scum for being too smart for my play this game but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to roleblock.
In post 1216, pirate mollie wrote:@ star

according to you and your spat with etl in the faith game you didn't breadcrumb!
Faith is an open setup. There's no reason to breadcrumb in an open setup. In fact, it's really dumb.
In post 1216, pirate mollie wrote:but anyways those don't look like breadcrumbs and anyways you have got to be kidding me that you srsly expected some1 to pick up a breadcrumb from de barge.
No, I expected nobody to pick it up until I pointed it out. That's the point of breadcrumbing a role. If I had been crumbing targets or results, they would have been more obvious.

In fact, what I said was:
In post 2051, sthar8 wrote:Let's talk about crumbing for a moment. The point of crumbing is to leave a trail of clues hinting at your role 1) that are subtle enough not to get picked up by scum so that 2) your claim is believable later in the game or 3) your investigations can be deduced after your death. I allegedly crumbed FH, so we can ignore #3 because I would have no investigations. For #2, in a closed setup like this, FH claims are PROVABLE, so there is no need to setup the claim as believable. That removes all possible reason for crumbing,
In post 1216, pirate mollie wrote:you are lying
In post 1219, Nikanor wrote:Good God, I haven't seen crumbs like that since 2009.
Did you see my join date?
In post 1219, Nikanor wrote:This. Even if he is a town roleblocker, I'll be happy to be rid of his toxicity.
Do you need a hug?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (isolation #43) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:40 am

Post by sthar8 »

No mollie I'm the lynch. This is how you catch bad scum, off a wagon. You got this.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (isolation #44) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:55 am

Post by sthar8 »

obviously
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #45) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:07 am

Post by sthar8 »

Well he's agreeing with you, so Elyse presumably.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by sthar8 »

WHY AM I STILL ALIVE FFS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”