Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

t's a high holy day for Ghostlin. V/LA till November 2nd for this head, to be safe. Blessed Samhain!
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:23 pm

In post 6, mastin2 wrote:Yo.

Normally, with me being the first poster (or among them), I'd have some sort of gag/gig to announce, like a self-inflicted post restriction, a crazy plan, some sort of 'crumb, or maybe a fakeclaim, to get the game going. Unfortunately, I neglected to actually think of anything to use in advance, so I'm going to just wing it a bit, here. :P

I'm town.
Vote: thezmon221
Probably not town.

Discuss.
In post 7, mastin2 wrote:Let's go through the list.

2. Ghostly Penguin (Ghostlin + penguin_alien)
^Probably scum, but eh, we'll see.

10. thezmon221
^Scummy.
penguin_alien checking in here, antennae twitching, wings flapping in fewer than a dozen posts. mastin2, why vote for the player who is scummy versus the one who's probably scum?

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 pm

In post 15, morph the cat wrote:You forgot the tell tale punctuation.
Don't you mean tell tail punctuation?

More seriously, pieguyn is an early town read for confusion over this:
In post 59, pieguyn wrote:
In post 34, zMuffinMan wrote:
mastin wrote:13. zMuffinMan
^Eh, will figure him out later, but null for now.
how are you not reading me as town?
psychlone wrote:Scum found. And I have a case!
that's actually rather solid, but i want to give morph a chance to defend himself before we lynch him

Vote: thezmon
I can't tell if this post is serious or not, which in RVS seems like a bad thing
Not loving thezmon221 caring about his wagon here:
In post 85, thezmon221 wrote:Isn't it clear? He's clearly trying to mount a mislynch so early in the game against an obviously pro-town player.
VOTE: thezmon221

Oh, and I'll usually remember to sign my posts; Ghostlin will probably use a non-black font color for his when he's not talking to the mod. And if there's cursing/yelling at people/being unsociable, that's also probably him... :lol:

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:13 pm

In post 89, pieguyn wrote:
In post 87, Ghostly Penguin wrote:penguin_alien checking in here, antennae twitching, wings flapping in fewer than a dozen posts. mastin2, why vote for the player who is scummy versus the one who's probably scum?
is this a crumb or what

and what's your opinion on BROs?
No crumb; I generally don't crumb and don't think I have in any completed games on this site. Just feeling whimsical and trying to perk myself up in the middle of a lousy week and dreary Halloween.

I'm reserving judgment on BRO right now; he totally duped me in NY 165. And it doesn't seem like he's settled down in this game yet anyways. My overall impression is that the people coming off Xenogears are currently in the after-party stage and, while amusing, it isn't giving me much in the way of reads.

He did call you on your claimed serious list of reads, but it was disingenuous enough not to be a major tell in any way.

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:31 am

Hi, bitches. Guess who's back?

There's a bunch of people in this game I'm probably not going to fucking sort definitively till tomorrow because I've been wrong on them before. For example, BRO and PA and I have history from that circle jerk popularly known as Death's Diner where I proceeded to think he was the scum in the Dethy (he wasn't), Varsoon's fooled me with emotional fuckery before in Xenogears, and I tried to get Nacho lynched in the same game.

To be fair, that was Mastin's fault. (Granted, we nailed something like 60-80% of the scum team by Day 5).

Regardless. I hate Pie's #113 the most out of everything in this fucking thread. Town shouldn't be encouraging early claims, even if a trick like that would work on scum Varsoon. There's not much fucking point in it. Varsoon's shit-lord comment seems genuine, but I'm not going to call this scum v. town because of the fuckery above...although I'm leaning towards town by the way he explains what a scum fuck she is in every way possible. Also, Muff's town right now, I'm fairly sure. Stop scumreading him. You're as bad as me with fucking PV.

The people who are using RVS as a means to deflect their possible scum fuckery are the following: TNE, MafiaSSK.

I'm not moving our fucking vote onto anyone yet, because I've not had a time to sync with my hydra partner, who is much nicer than you all deserve.

. God dammit, Wayne, hypocrisy is not a scum tell and it doesn't work that way anyway. This is probably Town Wayne, because you never, ever fail to give me a fucking headache.

Mac's Town.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:25 am

In post 219, mastin2 wrote:
In post 87, Ghostly Penguin wrote:penguin_alien checking in here, antennae twitching, wings flapping in fewer than a dozen posts. mastin2, why vote for the player who is scummy versus the one who's probably scum?
Because I don't want to go 95% sure on you (specifically you) being scum only to later be forced to backtrack when the Ghostlin half of you begins towntelling. :P
Why would you worry so about retracting a blatantly joke read?

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 am

In post 300, BROseidon wrote:
In post 223, waynegg wrote:(he's to envolved early, when he generally lurks the hell out of D1 as town).
I lurk day 1 as both alignments.
In post 301, BROseidon wrote:Wait, reading comprehension.

SELF META TIME WOOHOO:

I've lurked day 1 in all 3 of my completed scum games (WitME is sort of hard to count here, because you ended that D1 early. I still lurked day 1 in Xenoblade and NY 165)
I've lurked day 1 as town in a lot of my town games (Death's diner had me fairly active early, then lurking, then active again once I was wagoned)
I've also had crazy activity early in towngames (Jobpick sticks out here)

Basically, my posting pattern is fairly erratic and more indicative of how many games I'm in/how busy I am than it is of my alignment.
Oh, good. Self meta that clears your own fucking play sins. That's nice. I fucking don't understand why this had to be said or this is a defense of anything. And you're doing the fucking opposite right now, so do we treat this as fucking opposite day?

In post 323, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 219, mastin2 wrote:
Because I don't want to go 95% sure on you (specifically you) being scum only to later be forced to backtrack when the Ghostlin half of you begins towntelling. :P
Why would you worry so about retracting a blatantly joke read?

--PA
HEY, MASTIN! When you get back, my parenters fucking question. I need to know if you've turned into a cheeky scum fuck in my absence like you did in Micro 242.

In post 329, waynegg wrote:
In post 327, BROseidon wrote:
In post 321, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Regardless. I hate Pie's #113 the most out of everything in this fucking thread. Town shouldn't be encouraging early claims, even if a trick like that would work on scum Varsoon. There's not much fucking point in it. Varsoon's shit-lord comment seems genuine, but I'm not going to call this scum v. town because of the fuckery above...although I'm leaning towards town by the way he explains what a scum fuck she is in every way possible. Also, Muff's town right now, I'm fairly sure. Stop scumreading him. You're as bad as me with fucking PV.
Ghost, y u post this.

This looks like scum-you. Are you scum?
Yeah, that whole Ghost post seems fake. The fake anger.
All the unwarranted expletives
. All for no reason. It seems someone is trying too hard to emulate a town game.
In post 343, morph the cat wrote:
In post 185, morph the cat wrote:
Town

b]Null[/b]
k up to null.
2. Ghostly Penguin- I (cabd) agree that ghostlin's rage seems somewhat forced but I don't pretend to be able to read ghostlin very well after the deathtunnel I gave his town-PR-slot in Paradox. ffery agrees, will be checking out some recent town-Ghostlin thread entrances.
You know kids, sometimes I can't find things to rage vomit to death. I'm actually pretty fucking chill (for me) now. It's fucking me, still, and the rage will return. (I am fucking sick that I can't fake my fucking Town game as scums. It actually pisses me off because THERE ARE GOOD THINGS IN MY SCUM GAME IF I COULD ONLY FUCKING INTEGRATE THE TWO.) Re-fucking-gardless...

No, I ain't fucking scum this game.

Also, the bolded is a part of my Town game, unless you've not noticed I'm one of Varsoon's shit-lords....SO WHY DID YOU MENTION IT?

In post 350, thenewearth wrote:RBO

are you always like this?

You sound so much like the narrator on the stanley parable.

All you do is pretty much commentate on everything people do for 1 time, and then you don't pursue anything after commentating.

Do you think that what their doing is for scum?
or for town?
Why can't you ever, EVER, pursue and/or explain what's wrong with the stuff you quote?

Plus, the only vote you did was a varsoon vote. ON THE WHOLE GAME
TO TOP IT ALL OFF
IT WAS THE MOST POPULAR WAGON OF IT'S TIME

Scuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz
This is fucking horrible. No, really, it's like TNE tried to fucking lay a scum read (like an egg, you perverts).

While I don't like BROs self masturbating meta (because he's fucking using it as a an excuse), his 'commentating' is not the fucking problem here. Also, I don't know what crack TNE's smoking unless she's talking about a completed game.

This looks and feels like something fucking brewed, and if you thought my posts were fake, then you've not been reading this fucking game.

In post 356, thenewearth wrote:oh thezmon had a scumread on me?

it was so crappy I didn't even notice... :igmeou:
In post 357, thenewearth wrote:5) WELL THAT MAKES IT WORSE THEN
This is the shittiest OMGUS attack I've ever seen. There's no indication if she acutally thinks Thez is scum for his attack JUST THAT IT SUCKED. Can we lynch this now?
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:33 am

In post 344, morph the cat wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: SSK
In post 370, zMuffinMan wrote:
Unvote
Vote: MafiaSSK
Did you guys just start realizing that SSK was doing fuck-all? Or did these votes exist for another reason? I approve either way.

In post 393, morph the cat wrote:And what did you think about vox's mechanics?
In post 395, pieguyn wrote:I don't know what vox is or what the mechanic there was
In post 397, morph the cat wrote:Okay, how about the mechanic in achievement unlocked? What were your thoughts about that?
In post 398, pieguyn wrote:I'm new here so I'm not familiar with most of the mechanics that happened, sry >_<
In post 405, morph the cat wrote:Hear that kids? That's the sound of scum that slipped.
I skipped a post here, but I wish to illustrate something, and provide a fucking public service announcement.

Out of all the mafia tells, the one that makes no fucking sense is the scum slip. The scum slip (90%) only exists to make the person use disjointed shit to explain a scum read that under further examination, may or may not actually be fucking scummy.

This is a rare, and beautiful specimen of the scum slip because unlike so many, IT FUCKING FALLS APART IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT TOO HARD.

"Here's every fucking game person X has been in? What did you think about the fucking mechanics?"
"Um, I've not been here very long so I guess I don't have a opinion."
"HAHA. You cited a game he played once that you weren't in, able to recite the mechanics to find him fucking scum, and now you can't in all these other games. SCUM SLIP!"

I'll reread this again, but LITERALLY THAT'S THE FUCKING REASON WHEN I GOT OUT OF THIS WHEN I READ THE EXCHANGE. IT REEKS WORSE THAN CAT PISS.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 pm

In post 810, Ghostlin wrote:
Unvote.

Our vote on Thez isn't suitable. I really really want to fucking get a synch with PA, but that's been difficult lately in all of our games.

To start: Mastin is probably fucking Town. His diffident, almost waffle-y stance on some folks seem to be the opposite of Micro 242, Les Miserables, where he was scum, took a hard line on me as Town and then tried to hard line everyone without showing much progression first. In this game, he's showing progression, no matter how shitty you think it is, first.

I'm ok with Mafia as a lynch, but that's only because his contributions have been so lame, they're fucking non-existant, and what was that old saying? "There's always one in the lurkers?"

Wayne's reading crazy, but he's generally baseline crazy, like in the Xeno series.

Whoever pointed out that TNE's reads are derivative, I agree with them, and while Pie has made a few good points, they seem more play based than red based; I still like TNE for scums.

Scumslips are bullshit and you're a bad mafia player if you try to push them. That is all.
In post 811, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 648, Mac wrote:this worried me because i felt the wall i made previous to this post was well below average and probably didn't deserve a townread out of it. what made you townread me for it?
Don't worry, it's not because it's a magnum fucking opus of towniness. It's more of a baseline of what limited experience I have with you. Lurking then exploding the thread up is very you. It's a derivative of past towniness games I've played with you (one of which I even fucking called you scum) that you're repeating your habits; which is easier as Town than scum.

It's like when I'm scum, I'm more obsessed with 'look at how clever I am' versus actually trying to look Town. When I am Town, I'm much more prone to cut the bullshit.

For example: you and Wayne and even Mastin to a limited degree feel 'right'. (This isn't fucking gut. Gut is something else.) Vashoon, after fucking duping me in Xenogears, will not be sorted into a precious pile unless he slips up and falls on his face Day 2.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:38 pm

In post 812, borkjerfkin wrote:
Please try and stay in your hydra if you could.
I'm certainly going to try, but I'm really good at hydra slip. I'd probably win a fucking gold metal at it.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 am

In post 821, MafiaSSK wrote:I love how people be hatin on the lurkers.
There's this new and exciting thing we call playing the game. It's all the rage with all of us who want to catch scum. And scum usually try to fake it if they don't want to get compromise policy shit lynched Day 1.

It's refreshing to see obv-scum not bother to fake it, tho', it kind of reminds me where I can always go for scum, like a going to the convenience store to get a slurpee.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 am

In post 831, pieguyn wrote:can you explain the "play based" vs. "read based"? I don't understand what you mean here.
Mostly based on how the game is played, rather than the people contained within it. In other words, I'm not feeling the definite reads vibe from you, and considering you're not proven you're as cheeky as Mastin for example, it feels...off.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:33 am

If you missed the tenor of the last two posts: I think MafiaSSK's coming close to cheeky scumfuck to the the point I think he thinks we won't lynch him because he's practically a lurker, and I have almost gut level concerns seriously about Pie. And the early claim didn't actually win her points in this corner, since I've seen scum do it to make sure they don't get voted. (A good example: Miss Mangral in A Wheel of Time.)
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:51 am

In post 1012, MafiaSSK wrote:NO, GODDAMNIT, NO. HOW ARE THESE BULLSHIT REACTION TESTS STILL FUCKING ALLOWED? They're bullshit! They don't tell anything! Guess what? I'm still town. I'm still whatever my flavor name is, I'm still a freaking VT. No, my first post after the fake shot was not a scum post. You know why? Because I was actually starting to give two shits about this game and then vigged. But screw it! Shoot me if you want pieguy. But these reaction tests are just dumb.
I agree with the stance that reaction tests are bullshit. I also hate fucking gambits. But they're a very Town thing to do unless you're renowned for doing them as scum. You can't fake that much attenton whoring, and so Pie's feeling a little better.

However, the sheer amount of whining over a pro-town move stinks of protesting too fucking much. There are so many fucking things you could be doing than shit-posting this.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am

In post 975, mastin2 wrote:Helpful Mastin-meta hint:

If my posts seem rock-solid and logical, but feel faked, I'm scum.
If my posts look like they're flawed and full of holes, but FEEL really legitimate, I'm town. :P
In post 978, mastin2 wrote:
In post 976, pieguyn wrote:that'd be fine, but last time I tried that it turned out the person in question was just doing a good job of emulating her town meta T_T
Fair 'nuff. In fact, it's more than fair enough; it's exceptionally fair. :P

'Cause another part about Mastin meta is...there is no real true Mastin meta. :P I vary my play each game, adapting it to the playerlist regardless of my alignment, though the reasons of course differ. (As town, to best work with the others. As scum, to best manipulate them.) So it's fully possible that a scum-me is managing to convincingly-fake that town-tone, that legitimacy. Especially since I typically do things legitimately even as scum a fair bit. (For instance, legitimate roleclaims. There may be a one-little-lie in said roleclaim, but a scum-me's favorite tactic is to use that almost-truth roleclaim for massive towncred.)

But for what it's worth, I'm town. This game would be easier if I were scum ('specially given how much practice I've gotten this year :P), but I'm town, soyeah, we'll have to figure this out, hash things about, and lynch scum.
Are you trying to mindfuck the Town? Because if you're trying to mindfuck the Town, you've succeeded, and that's a HUGE scumtell for me. HUGE.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

Fuck, either way I shake those two posts up, you've wasted everyone's time on six lines that came to the conclusion that you're kinda full of shit. Which is enough to call that a scumtell at the end of day as well.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Despite grousing to Ghostlin most of this game that pieguyn was scummy, I like that pieguyn is pushing back on him for calling his reaction test bullshit without resorting to 'I just proved myself as a dayvig!!!' arguments. That with said dayvig is worth a town read.

Mastin feels very studied this game. I don't like a thezmon wagon, but TNE is acceptable pending a synch with Ghostlin.

BRO, I'm not sure; still feeling the paranoia-burn of NY 165 to trust D1 reads on him.

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 pm

In post 1137, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1136, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Despite grousing to Ghostlin most of this game that pieguyn was scummy,
mind explaining why?
I didn't get a good feeling off your interaction with Varsoon around #500 on. Looking back on your posts figuring you're likely town, I don't see what I saw before.
In post 1140, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1136, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Mastin feels very studied this game.
I really don't know how you get that impression, seeing as how if I were actually well-studied, I'd have something concrete on players. :P

Bit of a side-note, but it's definitely actually a concern of mine that Ghostlin ISN'T townreading me. I'll hold off on the reasons why, but needless to say, I feel that a town-Ghostlin would be townreading me, and it's concerning me that he hasn't.

/more later.
By 'studied' I mean 'affected' actually, not learned. Or when I bothered to look up the proper definition: achieved or maintained by careful and deliberate effort.

As far as Ghostlin's read on you, mastin2, it changed from town to scummy some time between 11-6 and 11-8. He didn't say why yet. I'm still wary of you for having worried about backtracking on a read that hadn't been established. I get that I tend to look scummy across the board and Ghostlin has a blatant way of showing he's town, but you worrying about how it would look for you to express an opinion that probably any of the people here who've played with me would support or at least understand is off. Town's reads are supposed to change; it's scum that over-justifies any changes.

Nothing recent pings for me though.

TNE's interaction with BRO felt forced back on page 44, and nothing since then has negated that, nor do I have any other reads worth pursuing.

VOTE: TNE

Your whole ISO reads like you're daring us to lynch you.

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Hey mastin2, you said you expected to scum read me, implying that you would scum read me irrespective of my alignment. Yet in looking back through mutual games of ours, counting at least those where you were solo and where you were hydra'd (not sure about my hydras) we had scum-town, town-scum, and town-town examples. I couldn't find a town-town game where you mentioned in-thread having a scum read on me. I found ones where you'd eliminated me from the 'people you want to lynch' group and/or town read me, but I don't think town-you has ever scum read town-me.

You have clearly called me out as scum correctly as in WWE, and you've deliberately helped mislynched me when you were scum. I'm not saying you read me so perfectly that you couldn't be wrong, but I'm not finding evidence for your start-of-game stance here.

What am I missing?

--PA
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:44 pm

In post 1140, mastin2 wrote:Bit of a side-note, but it's definitely actually a concern of mine that Ghostlin ISN'T townreading me. I'll hold off on the reasons why, but needless to say, I feel that a town-Ghostlin would be townreading me, and it's concerning me that he hasn't.
You know this isn't how this fucking works, Mastin.

The problem I had with you with the two earlier posts I posted earlier is honestly, mind-fuck is one of scum Ghostlin's favorite games. Post things that are strictly true and make Town fucking sweat about whether or not you're talking out of both of sides of your mouth.

Do I feel you're scum? Probably -not-, although PA's kind of pushing for it because you can't read her worth shit. Honestly, I want to keep you very alive past Day 1. Why? Because if you're on your game, and scum, you'll be scum in the details. You'll be scum in the vibes. You'll be scum in your tenuous positions and your positional changes. I need something to fucking read. My 'gut' such as it fucking is is reading you Town, but that doesn't mean I entirely trust it.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:47 pm

In post 1381, Varsoon wrote:TL;DR:

MASTIN - TOWN
TNE - TOWN
MAC - TOWN
PSYCHLONE - TOWN
PIEGUYN - TOWN

WAYNE - SCUM
BRO - SCUM
ZMUFFIN - SCUM
GHOST PENGUIN - SCUM
THEZMON - SCUM
MORPH - SCUM

EXCEPT MOST OF THOSE ARE NULL/LEANS.
LET'S VOTE WAYNEGG.
How the fuck do you determine this from Wayne's scumplay from Wayne's normal play, where he's probably the biggest mafia scum conspiracy theorist of the game?

Please redress the points in things I can understand, and not bullshit gambits.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm

In post 1411, morph the cat wrote:Man I am ~so~ glad varsoon, so called master of crumbs, has totally realized what I'm trying to say and has moved on.
In post 1412, Varsoon wrote:I'm terrible at crumbs.

You made me do an ISO dig and all I can figure is that you're some sort of something. Even then, I'm useless.

Thank you for reminding me. I suck.
I'm shit at this game.
In post 1413, Varsoon wrote:Fuck it, I'll sheep you. Is that what you want?

Vote : BROseidon
The fuck??

Var, what the fuck are you doing??

"I suck at this game, so, LOL, sheep." You're usually constructing clever things that fall in on themselves that half work anyway.

THIS ISN'T FUCKING YOU.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

In post 1445, mastin2 wrote:Also, I find it quite concerning how neither Ghostlin nor Nacho are around, so close to deadline, despite them being MY centers of attention. (For that matter, BRO's presence seems lessened as of late.)
It's close to midterms and I had a non-mafia crisis of faith earlier this week. Bite me.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Here's my problems of the last pages that I've tried to endeavour and catch up and read:

TNE, even if sarcastically, did declare themselves scum in a post. I don't fucking care if you think they're blowing smoke out of their ass, it's really good enough to lynch, if for no other reason that's not the behavior we should encourage in this game.

Mastin's freaking out about things he really shouldn't. Guys, if I'm fucking scum, you'll know soon enough.

Varshoon's shit himself mysteriously in something that I never thought I'd read from that slot. And the 'I fucking suck' routine is eerily akin to Xenogears, where he got to endgame off an AtE I misread as 'too fucking sincere to be town'. It's beginning to stretch believably.

There's a shift in Morph's tone in the last few pages that seems to indicate we should be seeking them for approval. It's kind of jarring.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 pm

In post 1464, mastin2 wrote:Bit on the run at the moment, so more detailed commentary will follow, buuuuuut...
In post 1363, Ghostly Penguin wrote:As far as Ghostlin's read on you, mastin2, it changed from town to scummy some time between 11-6 and 11-8. He didn't say why yet. I'm still wary of you for having worried about backtracking on a read that hadn't been established. I get that I tend to look scummy across the board and Ghostlin has a blatant way of showing he's town, but you worrying about how it would look for you to express an opinion that probably any of the people here who've played with me would support or at least understand is off. Town's reads are supposed to change; it's scum that over-justifies any changes.

--PA
In post 1459, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
Do I feel you're scum? Probably -not-, although PA's kind of pushing for it because you can't read her worth shit. My 'gut' such as it fucking is is reading you Town, but that doesn't mean I entirely trust it.
VOTE: Ghostly Penguin.
Welcome to Not A Fucking Contradiction Theater!

This first vote/post by Mastin where he quotes me and PA isn't a contradiction! Why?

-I've gone from Town to Scummy to Town-ish on Mastin in a span of one week on a read of the thread (keep in mind my scummy read of Mastin happened, at the latest, on 11-8-2013. It's the fucking thirteenth.) It's Day 1. She's probably not lying to you dude, I admit in the post above there are small things that bother me about you.
-PA says she finds you scummyish, I said she's kinda pushing because she finds you scummyish.
-I could use the ultimately lame 'hydra dissonance' argument, but I don't fucking have to, because there's no fucking hydra dissonance. Yes, I liked Mastin for Town slightly less five fucking days ago. Yes, I feel PA probably wants you dead more. Yes, the reasons I go back and forth is between the Micro Les Mis game where you were scum and weren't so...vacillating and that your tenor is slightly different.
You also, in essence, in the fucking thread posted you could be trying to mirror your Town game and that I shouldn't probably trust that. It's the exact reason I asked if you were mindfucking me or not.
So I have a fucking mess of a gut who is telling me this is Town Mastin because his tenor's fucking different than Les Mis, and Mastin himself who openly admit it could change. My read on you is fluid. I don't want to fucking lynch you today for that reason.

("But Ghostlin, what about the interactions that could be confirmed from a Mastin flip?" FUCK YOU. That's the worst reason for voting anyone ever.)

Although reading this lame post makes me almost entirely fucking convinced this is a scum Mastin who's probably salivating over the idea of a mislynch on a slot he'd normally not get, if I was playing stronger and not like a blind-lame horse. (Which I'll own.)

In post 1466, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1459, Ghostly Penguin wrote:The problem I had with you with the two earlier posts I posted earlier is honestly, mind-fuck is one of scum Ghostlin's favorite games. Post things that are strictly true and make Town fucking sweat about whether or not you're talking out of both of sides of your mouth.
In post 1463, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Mastin's freaking out about things he really shouldn't. Guys, if I'm fucking scum, you'll know soon enough.
so mindfuck is one of scum-Ghostlin's favorite games? why the mindfuck here?

also, if you dislike Varsoon's AtE, do you think his doc claim is a fakeclaim?

vote: GP
This...also isn't a contradiction, and seems to come out of seemingly nowhere?

Yes, there's a bit of self meta there, but there's enough people who's read me as scum know I sorta play mindfuck games with the Town. I was indirectly agreeing with BRO, who seems to actually be fucking playing this game. In relation to Mastin, it's in reference to, 'I play X as scum, unless I don't...' (I can find and requote the two posts for you). It's sounds designed for Towns to secondguess themselves. That's not entirely Town motivated.

Here's my biggest problem, Pie, and maybe you won't fucking understand it but here goes: How Var has been playing the last two page is not how Var normally plays. Ffery and whoever her partner is may be good enough to catch scum BRO, but Var doesn't normally fucking go, 'You're right, I fucking suck, LET ME SHEEP YOU.'

If you act that fucking out of character, particularly when you've burned me once with a 'pity me' ATE, I don't care if you claim to be the Mod himself, I'm not going to like it and I'm going to give you another fucking glance. You don't like it, go ahead and fucking hang me, but it's a lousy fucking reason to vote anyone.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:01 pm

^Also wanna note that because I say I don't like something/find something suspicious, that it's vote worthy and OMG THEY SHOULD FUCKING DIE LIKE ALL SCUMS...
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:19 pm

In post 1470, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1468, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 1464, mastin2 wrote:Bit on the run at the moment, so more detailed commentary will follow, buuuuuut...
In post 1363, Ghostly Penguin wrote:As far as Ghostlin's read on you, mastin2, it changed from town to scummy some time between 11-6 and 11-8. He didn't say why yet. I'm still wary of you for having worried about backtracking on a read that hadn't been established. I get that I tend to look scummy across the board and Ghostlin has a blatant way of showing he's town, but you worrying about how it would look for you to express an opinion that probably any of the people here who've played with me would support or at least understand is off. Town's reads are supposed to change; it's scum that over-justifies any changes.

--PA
In post 1459, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
Do I feel you're scum? Probably -not-, although PA's kind of pushing for it because you can't read her worth shit. My 'gut' such as it fucking is is reading you Town, but that doesn't mean I entirely trust it.
VOTE: Ghostly Penguin.
Welcome to Not A Fucking Contradiction Theater!

This first vote/post by Mastin where he quotes me and PA isn't a contradiction! Why?

-I've gone from Town to Scummy to Town-ish on Mastin in a span of one week on a read of the thread (keep in mind my scummy read of Mastin happened, at the latest, on 11-8-2013. It's the fucking thirteenth.) It's Day 1. She's probably not lying to you dude, I admit in the post above there are small things that bother me about you.
-PA says she finds you scummyish, I said she's kinda pushing because she finds you scummyish.
-I could use the ultimately lame 'hydra dissonance' argument, but I don't fucking have to, because there's no fucking hydra dissonance. Yes, I liked Mastin for Town slightly less five fucking days ago. Yes, I feel PA probably wants you dead more. Yes, the reasons I go back and forth is between the Micro Les Mis game where you were scum and weren't so...vacillating and that your tenor is slightly different.
You also, in essence, in the fucking thread posted you could be trying to mirror your Town game and that I shouldn't probably trust that. It's the exact reason I asked if you were mindfucking me or not.
So I have a fucking mess of a gut who is telling me this is Town Mastin because his tenor's fucking different than Les Mis, and Mastin himself who openly admit it could change. My read on you is fluid. I don't want to fucking lynch you today for that reason.

("But Ghostlin, what about the interactions that could be confirmed from a Mastin flip?" FUCK YOU. That's the worst reason for voting anyone ever.)

Although reading this lame post makes me almost entirely fucking convinced this is a scum Mastin who's probably salivating over the idea of a mislynch on a slot he'd normally not get, if I was playing stronger and not like a blind-lame horse. (Which I'll own.)

In post 1466, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1459, Ghostly Penguin wrote:The problem I had with you with the two earlier posts I posted earlier is honestly, mind-fuck is one of scum Ghostlin's favorite games. Post things that are strictly true and make Town fucking sweat about whether or not you're talking out of both of sides of your mouth.
In post 1463, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Mastin's freaking out about things he really shouldn't. Guys, if I'm fucking scum, you'll know soon enough.
so mindfuck is one of scum-Ghostlin's favorite games? why the mindfuck here?

also, if you dislike Varsoon's AtE, do you think his doc claim is a fakeclaim?

vote: GP
This...also isn't a contradiction, and seems to come out of seemingly nowhere?

Yes, there's a bit of self meta there, but there's enough people who's read me as scum know I sorta play mindfuck games with the Town. I was indirectly agreeing with BRO, who seems to actually be fucking playing this game. In relation to Mastin, it's in reference to, 'I play X as scum, unless I don't...' (I can find and requote the two posts for you). It's sounds designed for Towns to secondguess themselves. That's not entirely Town motivated.

Here's my biggest problem, Pie, and maybe you won't fucking understand it but here goes: How Var has been playing the last two page is not how Var normally plays. Ffery and whoever her partner is may be good enough to catch scum BRO, but Var doesn't normally fucking go, 'You're right, I fucking suck, LET ME SHEEP YOU.'

If you act that fucking out of character, particularly when you've burned me once with a 'pity me' ATE, I don't care if you claim to be the Mod himself, I'm not going to like it and I'm going to give you another fucking glance. You don't like it, go ahead and fucking hang me, but it's a lousy fucking reason to vote anyone.
This feels genuine. Genuineness doesn't guarantee alignment but still.

If Varsoon is scum fakeclaiming megadoc it won't take long to figure that out.

Cabd and I were talking about your post, and it occurred to me that we've swallowed the megadoc claim pretty easily. This is a mini game.

We ran into a different sort of ridiculously overpowered doc in a recent large normal game which is probably why we didn't blink. :/

PA was in that game. Ask her about the White Mage in NY165.

You still think TNE is the right lynch?
Actually, yes, I do, particularly the last two pages of this thread referring to TNE.

Not going to think whether or not Var's role exists or not. Conjecturing that is a slippery slope to nowhere. On role knowledge alone, he's Town. On game play, he's acting pretty fucking dodgy for Varsoon.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:26 pm

In post 1554, morph the cat wrote:@Ghostlin: can you plz explain your definition of "mindfuck"? I don't think we're interpreting it as the same thing.
A mindfuck is something that if you really think about it too hard, and use logic to examine it, your brain explodes. The best mindfucks sound so incredibly reasonable at first glance, but when you reexamine them, make no fucking sense. Mastin's "I act this way as X, except when I'm trying to fake Town meta and I actually don't," is mindfuckable because you don't know what to do with that.

What do you do with that? While it can be two things at once, the statement doesn't say much about Mastin's actual play.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1607 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:31 pm

In post 1548, ArcAngel9 wrote:Hey Children...
Day1, 60 plus pages for a mini game? You guys are insane... let me skim through...
if there is anything major updates, keep me posted :)
So let's run a hypothetical.

PA and I were talking about if we had a gun (we don't) which scumfuck unlikely to get lynched today we'd shoot. Your slot came up.

Thoughts?
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:48 pm

It's time for "Shit Mastin Says That's Giving Me Fits."

In post 1538, mastin2 wrote:I thought about GP. I'm not sure on it. But I do think Ghostlin's town.
This is giving me fits. Why? Because it shows a palatable backing off of a position he was riding (namely, 'GP is scum') to a hedgy, almost unqualifiable statement 'Ghostlin is Town'. The reason why I say this is it doesn't walk off any shit he says about my partner. No, PA can be scum all she likes, but I, at least, am Town.

Imagine the party we're having in the QT over this one, kids. This is why Mastin's giving me fits alignment speaking. I think he could very well be playing much tighter than in the last game where he was scummy McScummerton and if we're going to catch him, then it'll be on nuance like this.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:54 pm

In post 1754, pieguyn wrote:huh

flavor cop is a weak enough role and so I don't get why it'd be 1-shot to make it even more weak @A@

given the only 1-shot role so far has been a dayvig aka me (relatively strong role), and we already have a flipped VT. not sure here
It's plausible in a near-mountainous. Flavor Cop isn't that much worse than Cop and in the right game, it's arguably better.

I will hammer much closer to deadline, but only to prevent mislynch and I won't be thrilled about it.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm

In post 1755, morph the cat wrote:Why would there be a town flavor cop in a game where claiming your flavor is a bad idea?
Something like the last Wheel of Time game I played one of the scums had a role that if someone could guess the right person behind an alias, they would get an extra kill. It was shitty for Town. I could link that game for you, if you'd like.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Really shitty for Town because I capped myself in the face with it. (I was a dreamwalker, the role affected dreamwalkers. Dreamwalkers were a combination non consective commuter/neighborizer under the alias of Aes Sedai. (Blue Sister, Red Sister, Green Sister) It was a fucking awesome role! I got to play with it one night.)

So let's say there's a Touhou character that wears a lot of pink, and scum could kill someone additional if, say, they could link up a lot of pink to a character name and a player slot. I don't know how flavors-que that would be, but there's an example.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:07 pm

In post 1759, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1756, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 1754, pieguyn wrote:huh

flavor cop is a weak enough role and so I don't get why it'd be 1-shot to make it even more weak @A@

given the only 1-shot role so far has been a dayvig aka me (relatively strong role), and we already have a flipped VT. not sure here
It's plausible in a near-mountainous. Flavor Cop isn't that much worse than Cop and in the right game, it's arguably better.

I will hammer much closer to deadline, but only to prevent mislynch and I won't be thrilled about it.
This game is near-mountainous? How so? We have claims of a 1 shot dayvig (and the kill to back it up), a 2-target per night doc, a cop that activates on night 2, and now a flavor cop claim.
I'm not saying it -is- one, I'm saying it's -plausible- in one. Also,
if
you believe V's role claim,
BRO
's makes a whole lot more sense.

If you were going to include Super Doctor, you don't want to have Town play Follow-the-Cop. The best way to do this is for your investigative role to have limited payoff so it dissuades it. Also, 1-shot Cop isn't that far fetched from Xenogears where there was a Cop role that lost it's power after 2 Innocents. (Another Bork game.)

The shitty thing about this is BRO is pretty fucking clever and unless he's been asleep the last fucking Day, he could figure out that that'd be a pretty safe role claim.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (isolation #34) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:23 pm

In post 1764, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1762, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
Really shitty for Town because I capped myself in the face with it. (I was a dreamwalker, the role affected dreamwalkers. Dreamwalkers were a combination non consective commuter/neighborizer under the alias of Aes Sedai. (Blue Sister, Red Sister, Green Sister) It was a fucking awesome role! I got to play with it one night.)

So let's say there's a Touhou character that wears a lot of pink, and scum could kill someone additional if, say, they could link up a lot of pink to a character name and a player slot. I don't know how flavors-que that would be, but there's an example.
Are you saying that Flavor Cop doesn't sound like a town role given what we know of the set up?
Not at all. I'm voicing my thoughts as I think them because I try to be pretty damn transparent as Town, because I literally have less to conceal.

I actually think it's 'super de duper spank my ass until it's blue, call me Sally, and tie me up for kinky fun times' possible it's Town.

It makes sense in context of V's role, and Bork has included incredibly limited Cops as town in the past (Xenogears). If you believe in V's role (and I fucking hate setup speculation) and believe BRO's telling the truth about his role and being one-shot (Ghostlin's correllary #32: Don't lie about your role unless t'd just be a scum claim to do so.) then on that information alone, I'd place BRO being town in the 70% range.

But this game isn't just about role claims. If this game could be broken by massclaim and what we know about Bork, what'd be the fucking point?

At the end of the day, it harkens the question: Do you believe BRO's slot is Town? For this head of the hydra, the answer's yes, although I admit bias.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:25 pm

In post 1778, zMuffinMan wrote:
ghostlin wrote:I will hammer much closer to deadline, but only to prevent mislynch and I won't be thrilled about it.
no lynch?
Yes, you know what I fucking meant. Am I imagining things, or are you lower key this game for some reason? (Yes, I know the question is fucking hypocritical, so you can all dispense with the 'hehehe, Ghostlin's being a hypocrite.')
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 pm

In post 1784, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1781, Ghostly Penguin wrote:spank my ass until it's blue, call me Sally, and tie me up for kinky fun times'
/in?
I had no fucking idea you were into that. :wink:

PEDIT: God dammit people, I'm flirting with the mod. How else can I be called the slut of Mafiascum if you keep posting?

(OOC: Yes, I'm teasing. I think my current boyfriend would take exception if I just became the slut of MS.)
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1809 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:42 pm

In post 1798, waynegg wrote:Perhaps I'm neither and just trying to draw the NK.
I generally do this by making scum piss themselves. It doesn't always work, but I almost NEVER see endgame.

My problem is more of the idea that you feel you need this artifice to look Town so you can draw the NK.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1819 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:49 pm

You know what? I generally think Wayne's crazy, but that's kinda damning. As in light it on fire damning. I'm going to gather PA's opinion on it, but we will at the very least tap Wayne (who is a crazy light Town read at best), over BRO (who neither one of us is comfortable with lynching).
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1851 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

PA and I synched. We *mildly* perfer this to TNE, and we don't prefer BRO *at all*.

Unvote.

Vote: Wayne

Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1855 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Reasons why Wayne is scum:

*Saying he claimed Night 2 infinite shot Watcher after Varsoon claimed superdoc. This wouldn't have been a hard thing to check as either alignment, but he doubles down on what can only seem like a lie. I'm saying Town would of been more likely to not be glib.
*The 'oh, oh, it was maybe a gambit' walk back. If you're going to counterclaim BRO, counterclaim BRO; don't do both claim it was a gambit and then seemingly want BRO lynched.
*Partially setup spec: if it's potentially fatal to claim a role in this game, such a thing might be symmetrical. Also, Wayne's role lends itself to follow the cop while BRO's does not. (Oddly, Wayne might be telling the truth ANYWAY as scum. I could see a Watcher scum with an uber doc).
*Wayne's role oddly has more reason to draw Var's attention and considering the timing of both posts..
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1857 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:30 pm

*He's acting like a cheeky scumfuck. Ghostly Penguin's current policy on cheeky scumfucks is that we lynch them. Preferably with fire.

Sorry Wayne, you're not getting sloppy seconds, this hydra's not into necrophilia. EEEWWW.

Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2126 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm

...so that day was annoyingly quick. Went to read the thread the next morning, got two pages in and figured BRO was the better lynch over AA9 if only because his power was claimed as used, noticed the thread was locked and checked the lynch.

Looking at your VCA, I tend to think zMuffin is more likely scum than Psychlone just because he sticks with the BRO wagon when there's more town credit to be gained in hindsight. Would Psychlone move from a scum buddy to hammer a townie like that?

I do think there's a scum off the wagon as well, rather than both of them being scum. That wagon just moved so fast, I expect minimum one scum dithered about it. I need to read over how the voting went down, but Mac looks like scum who tried to start something different and couldn't get momentum for it while being unable to jump back to bus his partner. The TNE-as-town arguments seem all right; I'm not 100% sold, but I need to calibrate with Ghostlin before voting anyways.

--PA

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”