Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:57 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

VOTE: Soren

Must I need a reason?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:12 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

BTW, I forgot to add this before but I've never watched Doctor Who.

Hate me for that if you must but when it comes to interpreting moderator write-ups that involve the show's references, I'm not going to be of much help.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Is Persivul's first post
right
after someone's voting on him indicate his possible lurking?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:12 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'm scummy for an observation, eh? I'm used to the boards and it's been a while since I played, but I know what I'm doing. I stand by what I said and all I noted was an observation. Not a vote, not even a FoS.

And no, I won't get an avatar - not until I feel like getting one.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 95, Rift Adrift wrote:
Not_Mafia replaces MormonCoffee. Please welcome him!

I like the cut of his jib. Plus, his name must be indicative of his alignment in this game.

He seems like someone I can trust.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

It looks like the time for joke voting quickly came to an end.

UNVOTE: Soren
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 153, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 141, Persivul wrote:
In post 131, Rob14 wrote:
Because he was using bad meta?

So what? He was town reading you from it. If you're town and you know it's really a null tell, why bother pointing that out? How does that advance this game?
I can either point it out now, or he can dig through my meta later and figure that out. Same result, but in the latter option, he's wasting time he could be using finding scum.

False dichotomy. You could have just let it go.
In post 132, Rob14 wrote:You can literally see in the post above yours how it helped him form reads. Why would I want to not help other players in forming their reads?

These posts reek of scum trying too hard to appear helpful.

This is a really bad push all around. He gave information - something that is always good as town. I have seen nothing that I would remotely consider townie from you yet. Your 'case' against rob is really stretching at this point.
VOTE: Persivul

While I do have a slight scumread off Persivul, I don't think he's stretching himself thin, especially not by pointing logical fallacies.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

@Talah trying too hard player is trying too hard.

I also realized I haven't posted that much. I've tried to get something today but for Christmas, access hasn't been reliable enough. I'll get to it tomorrow.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:36 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 212, Adaptive Heap wrote:
In post 211, talah wrote:
In post 32, KuroiXHF wrote:VOTE: Soren

Must I need a reason?

Their first post is literally asking the thread if he needs a reason, rather than just posting it naked (which would draw some kind of attention) or making up a reason (ie random) or just saying it was random.
Why are they asking if they need a reason?

I'll spell this out since you didn't get it before - you were trying too hard. You took a joke vote the way with such a hard phase. We don't need reasons for joke voting, and I wasn't asking permission. You should know enough to know this and I don't care if you're taking such a hard stance on me making a cute remark and observation that we don't need to explain joke voting. I've joke voted someone because their name was too long for me to pronounce in my mind... Did you want me to delve into that too?

In post 41, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I forgot to add this before but I've never watched Doctor Who.

Hate me for that if you must but when it comes to interpreting moderator write-ups that involve the show's references, I'm not going to be of much help.

Second post is defensively assuming they'll be attacked at some stage. And saying, hate me for not knowing the theme.
I think the implication is, don't hate me for rolling scum this game.

You know, I'm starting to feel that I've rushed too quickly to respond to this post because I'm finding a lot of mountains out of mole hills. I gave people realistic expectations of me. I know how to play this game. I know a lot of people chose this game specifically because Dr. Who has a large fan base. I'm not in it for that. I signed up, despite of this. I made that post because even though I don't need to know the story in order to catch scum-tells, if there's an aspect in the game that can be clarified by something in the show, I can't help there.

Then there's the "observation" that Persivul might be lurking.
Whether that's incorrect or not, it's unlikely that you say something like that as town unless you're trying to scumhunt, and think you might have picked up on something.

Because lurking and flying under the radar aren't scum tactics?

In post 89, KuroiXHF wrote:I stand by what I said and all I noted was an observation. Not a vote, not even a FoS.

And no, I won't get an avatar - not until I feel like getting one.

I feel like the statement about the Avatar may just be the towniest thing they've said so far.

This is useless to me.

The most recent three posts are Kuroi:
Making a buddy or familiarity post about Not_Mafia (I still don't know what's going on there since they didn't address it where I commented in )
Unvoting from RVS and not committing to another vote
Making a comment about Persivul which now says they *do* in fact have a slight scumread there.
In post 157, KuroiXHF wrote:While I do have a slight scumread off Persivul, I don't think he's stretching himself thin, especially not by pointing logical fallacies.

@Kuroi

1) Can you please explain just what your read is on Persivul and what it's based on.
2) Can you tell me what history you have with Not_Mafia and why he's someone you "can trust"?

1) I was incorrect with that. I thought that was Persivul's first post for some reason. I was wrong.
2) I'm not answering this question because you clearly lack the irony from his username.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:37 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 347, Rob14 wrote:Mind fixing those quotes so I can see what your post was meant to say, Kuroi?

I believe I'm not allowed to edit, but I'm also not used to the coding used in posts on this board quite yet. I'll answer questions as best as I can, however.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:52 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 289, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 284, Persivul wrote:
In post 282, Frozen Angel wrote:and tell me 1 reason why your voting me and not asking any questions about me.

Are you fucking insane?

I am.

Just wanted to say that I laughed out loud. I, too, am quite insane.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Frozen, for ease of rereading games sake, can you put all your thoughts in one message please? I feel this 15-page game could be a 10 or 11 pages...
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

No. I'm saying it's kind of difficult to go through all the pages of this when you post five messages back to back. This could all be avoided when you think carefully and put all your points in one post before you press the "submit" button?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:27 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 99, KuroiXHF wrote:

I like the cut of his jib. Plus, his name must be indicative of his alignment in this game.

Alright, Champ. Here's your homework assignment. Spend two hours (or however long it takes) reading this until you realize why I might joke about taking a character and believing they're innocent based on their username. You don't have to laugh. You don't have to agree that it's funny. You just have to understand it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:12 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 376, Adaptive Heap wrote:
In post 374, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 99, KuroiXHF wrote:

Alright, Champ. Here's your homework assignment. Spend two hours (or however long it takes) reading this until you realize why I might joke about taking a character and believing they're innocent based on their username. You don't have to laugh. You don't have to agree that it's funny. You just have to understand it.

Why did you make the comment?
It doesn't help you read anyone.

Well you were causing such a fuss with me making a joke about Not_Mafia's username, so I wanted to point out how silly your argument was/is.

And it hasn't been two hours so I know you haven't done your homework.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:47 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Yeah. You know what? I'm not answering that question. Because I practically already answered that question. If you can't put a two piece puzzle together, I can't help you out.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:58 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well now that I got it, I'm ecstatic. We're thinking of adopting a baby boy and naming him Milo.

</sarcasm> I made a joke. Wasn't looking for a huge response. Take a page out of Frozen Angel's book and let it go.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:39 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 420, Persivul wrote:Read Kuori's ISO:
Feels
very townie, but when you look for real content there isn't much there.

You're right. I haven't been so helpful thus far and I hope to change that.

I did a read-through of this entire game and I wanted to share my assessment. Everyone, to my memory, is null except for the following people:

Rob13: I'm getting a scummy vibe off him. I'd label him slightly scum at this moment.
Persivul: I'm getting a town read off him.
Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.
Not_Mafia: He's given me nothing to work with. Something he has done, however, was first saying that he was going to re-read the game. Then today, he calls Heap's argument stupid. I don't know (or really think) it's that alignment indicative, but it rubs me the wrong way.
Soren: Gives me a town vibe.

I didn't want to place a vote until I re-read this and seeing as I need to vote someone, I'll vote for who irks me the worst. To me, I want to vote Not_Mafia or Rob13. I'll keep a close eye to see what Not_Mafia says but for right now, I need to VOTE: Rob13
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:13 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well, the first thing that pops out at me is your dismissal and deflection off Persival's questions. You also appear defensive and emotionally involved in the game. You also did do a couple of goal-moving posts, but I don't think you understand what that means.

It also doesn't really help that I'm a grammar nazi and reading what you write is akin to claws on a chalkboard. (I don't use that to figure out if you're scummy or not, but I find it difficult to decipher what you say at times.) I understand it's not your first language and I appreciate that, but it drives me nuts.

Lastly, I can't just "forget" issues like the ones you've posted regarding real life issues and emotional/logical difficulties. This is why I find you as just leaning scum. There are many variables and there are many opportunities to learn more about you (granted I'm not lynched or killed in any way) so hopefully we'll find out a bit more.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:16 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 428, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.

forget mental thing. talk to me. why

In post 429, Persivul wrote:
In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.

He gave reads on you, me, Rob, NM, and Soren...and all you care about is why he finds you scummy...

Actually, this does lessen the scumminess I have on her. Mafia don't want to have attention on themselves and especially when there's no reason to try to defend themselves. It wasn't just her in that list. ...I mean, I still find her more scummy than I do find her town, so I'll still keep her on my "slightly scummy" list, but she wouldn't be the first person I'd lynch.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

1. If I'm missing something, please point it to me, but I think I remember what you're referring to me but he never seemed of having circular reasoning. Perhaps it sounded circular because it made logical sense - that phrase, "It's come full circle."

2. I don't mean to come across as rude, but it might help if you stopped acting emotional in all your games. If you see yourself getting worked up, take a deep breath. Before you post, ask yourself if there's a better way to phrase it. There are more effective ways to phrase something in most cases.

3. I never said your language was alignment indicative. In fact, I said I wasn't judging your language
wasn't
being used to judge your scumminess. I stated that because you've gotten a lot of crap and it may be because it is often difficult to read the message you're trying to convey. (I don't want to go too far off topic, but what are your other three languages?)

4. Your mental illness isn't really indicative of scum, but it makes things a hell of a lot harder. I don't want to be a dick and vote you because of something about you personally. (#433 I've mentioned I don't want games to be personal.) I gave my view and I've done a lot reading through the game and gathering my thoughts. Right now, I have what I have. I'm sure people would have questions for me and we would discuss them. What do you know? Someone asked me.

My thoughts on Persival were mostly derived by his interactions with you, but also by the rest of the town. He seemed to be very transparent.

And no, I don't have a concrete lynch-list, but I did mention who I find more scummy than others. I wanted to, and still might vote for Not_Mafia, but I have the worst feelings about Rob13 based on his style of playing and many of his comments.

@Persival - I know, but when it comes to day one, I go with what is most likely and I'd estimate it's about a nickel or a dime on every dollar for the mafia who intentionally get themselves in hot water.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:45 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term ISO. What does that mean?

I also asked how many languages you know. This question isn't relevant to the game, I admit, but I was curious.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 442, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 438, KuroiXHF wrote:1. If I'm missing something, please point it to me, but I think I remember what you're referring to me but he never seemed of having circular reasoning. Perhaps it sounded circular because it made logical sense - that phrase, "It's come full circle."

2. I don't mean to come across as rude, but it might help if you stopped acting emotional in all your games. If you see yourself getting worked up, take a deep breath. Before you post, ask yourself if there's a better way to phrase it. There are more effective ways to phrase something in most cases.

3. I never said your language was alignment indicative. In fact, I said I wasn't judging your language
wasn't
being used to judge your scumminess. I stated that because you've gotten a lot of crap and it may be because it is often difficult to read the message you're trying to convey. (I don't want to go too far off topic, but what are your other three languages?)

4. Your mental illness isn't really indicative of scum, but it makes things a hell of a lot harder. I don't want to be a dick and vote you because of something about you personally. (#433 I've mentioned I don't want games to be personal.) I gave my view and I've done a lot reading through the game and gathering my thoughts. Right now, I have what I have. I'm sure people would have questions for me and we would discuss them. What do you know? Someone asked me.

My thoughts on Persival were mostly derived by his interactions with you, but also by the rest of the town. He seemed to be very transparent.

And no, I don't have a concrete lynch-list, but I did mention who I find more scummy than others. I wanted to, and still might vote for Not_Mafia, but I have the worst feelings about Rob13 based on his style of playing and many of his comments.

@Persival - I know, but when it comes to day one, I go with what is most likely and I'd estimate it's about a nickel or a dime on every dollar for the mafia who intentionally get themselves in hot water.

1 - what about you ISO me and find that loop?

2 - Its me, everywhere. Its my way of living. a little hard to change. Thx for the advise btw.

anything else you want me to answer?

Posts 308-313, especially 308.

In post 449, Shiro wrote:A vote is not pressure asking questions is

I disagree. I feel a lot more pressured with a lot of votes rather than a lot of questions.

In post 452, Davsto wrote:
In post 450, Persivul wrote:
In post 446, Davsto wrote:Prodge. I'll do some shit some time today when I have time and it's not 9AM.

Bullshit. You made half a dozen posts in other threads over the course of the next hour.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Davsto

Because reading like 9 pages is really convenient and quick, amirite?

I prioritise some games over others. This is low on my list right now. Give me some goddamn space.

I'm not liking this post. It's either sounding like something scum or people who are content with being inactive would say. Either way, it's something we don't need any of. I completely understanding prioritization. However, with that said, every game you play needs to be given the time and attention it deserves. If you don't have the time for four games, play three. If you don't have enough for three, play two. If you don't have enough for two, play one. If you don't have enough time for one mafia game, then don't play.

I'm not sure who's Mafia, but I do know that given the fact you're scummy with a strong hint of carelessness for the game, I'm going to UNVOTE: Rob13 and VOTE: Davsto.

In post 465, Plottin Kittehs wrote:Prodging to say that I still like Rob better than Persivul.

Also is it just me or do Kuroi's posts on page 18 seem a bit...coached? It's a marked change from the rest of his ISO! I mean, the posts still aren't all that great but it looks kind of like someone went through and said "here i'll help here are some bullet points for you to cover now go talk about them".

In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Rob13: I'm getting a scummy vibe off him. I'd label him slightly scum at this moment.
Persivul: I'm getting a town read off him.
Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.
Not_Mafia: He's given me nothing to work with. Something he has done, however, was first saying that he was going to re-read the game. Then today, he calls Heap's argument stupid. I don't know (or really think) it's that alignment indicative, but it rubs me the wrong way.
Soren: Gives me a town vibe.

I didn't want to place a vote until I re-read this and seeing as I need to vote someone, I'll vote for who irks me the worst. To me, I want to vote Not_Mafia or Rob13. I'll keep a close eye to see what Not_Mafia says but for right now, I need to VOTE: Rob13
Which posts of Rob's are the scummiest? Which posts of Persivul's and Soren's do you like the best? What do you like/dislike about these posts? Just treat mentions of real life stuff as null. You say that you are nullreading the people that you don't mention, presumably including Heap. Do you disagree with Not maf about Heap's argument, then? What do you think about Heap's argument? Do you have a read on Heap?

In post 433, KuroiXHF wrote:Well, the first thing that pops out at me is your dismissal and deflection off Persival's questions. You also appear defensive and emotionally involved in the game. You also did do a couple of goal-moving posts, but I don't think you understand what that means.

It also doesn't really help that I'm a grammar nazi and reading what you write is akin to claws on a chalkboard. (I don't use that to figure out if you're scummy or not, but I find it difficult to decipher what you say at times.) I understand it's not your first language and I appreciate that, but it drives me nuts.

Lastly, I can't just "forget" issues like the ones you've posted regarding real life issues and emotional/logical difficulties. This is why I find you as just leaning scum. There are many variables and there are many opportunities to learn more about you (granted I'm not lynched or killed in any way) so hopefully we'll find out a bit more.
That's two paragraphs you devote to stuff that you admit that they aren't alignment indicative things. The first paragraph is okay and is the first real analysis you've done. Please cite which posts of Frozen's were goal-moving posts and which questions of Persivul's that she didn't answer.

In post 434, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 429, Persivul wrote:

He gave reads on you, me, Rob, NM, and Soren...and all you care about is why he finds you scummy...

Actually, this does lessen the scumminess I have on her. Mafia don't want to have attention on themselves and especially when there's no reason to try to defend themselves. It wasn't just her in that list. ...I mean, I still find her more scummy than I do find her town, so I'll still keep her on my "slightly scummy" list, but she wouldn't be the first person I'd lynch.
This looks like it's saying something but really your read on her hasn't changed because you had her as lean scum and now it's still lean scum.

In post 438, KuroiXHF wrote:1. If I'm missing something, please point it to me, but I think I remember what you're referring to me but he never seemed of having circular reasoning. Perhaps it sounded circular because it made logical sense - that phrase, "It's come full circle."

wasn't

1. wat

2. I think this is the kind of condescending thing that scum are more likely to say than town because it discredits Frozen in a "we can't take you seriously if you are having feelings while posting" sort of way.

3 & 4. if it's null then it's not worth talking about.

I did have a tiny reason for thinking that you could be town after all but it would be anti-town to say what it was and it has vanished as of something in this last post.

--P

Rob first caught my eye on Post 44, when he seriously voted a guy who was ribbing another. Rob's comments on Post #217 irked me the wrong way. Actually, most of it was fine but criticizing me for not having a vote was just off. Granted, I could have contributed more, but for me to post so little but have a serious vote seemed like something to help scum. "We need you to vote someone! We don't care what you have to say, as long as you vote a non-scum!" seems like the entire scum goal.

I like Soren's posts on Pages 2 and 3, holding Aristophanes accountable. I enjoyed Soren's analysis on post #208

No, I don't have a reading on Heap. Not right now. I agree that Not_Mafia was right about Heap's argument being stupid, but that's not alignment indicative. As I've stated before, it looks Not_Mafia like scum because shortly before he wrote that, he said he was going to do some reading. He's still not return with anything.

Also, you are bringing forward exactly what I'm trying to avoid with Frozen Angel. I don't want this to be personal, and it shouldn't be difficult to see why I have a hard time trying to analyze the reading of someone quick to defensiveness. I'm not being condescending when I'm trying to express my reluctance to act on scum-tells of someone who is having a tough time. I mean no ill intention to Frozen Angel, and I think she knows that. - Then again, this answer is pointless, as well is your question. How is this alignment indicative?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:01 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 516, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 501, KuroiXHF wrote:Posts 308-313, especially 308.

308 wan't my post and there is no question there. what do youwant me to answer for?

I never changed my goal post. I just picked myself as example of his not-trying to have scum hunting conversation with anyone and I showed why he is not doing that.

I pointed that post number because he explained it much better than I.

In post 531, BROseidon wrote:
In post 514, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 511, BROseidon wrote:I still kind of want to do Davsto, but really anything outside of {Kittehs/Rob/Elsa/NotMaf/Kuroi} is cool with me.

Why none of this group?

Kittehs and Elsa are strong town, Rob is weak town, NotMaf and Kuroi because ~reasons~

I don't understand this post. You say kittehs and Elsa are strong town, Rob is weak town and then you list our names. Do you believe we're also weak town? Null? Scum?

In post 535, Soren wrote:Kuroi is my next scum read that I wish to focus on. Assuming that Persi is scum, Kuroi's would make so much sense if they were scum buddies together. Showing and interest in the scum read but at the same time defending him? What I find most telling about this post is that it came after he unvoted me, which means he's not sitting a on vote. And so if he has a slight scum read, why not place a vote there for the time being? The unexplained reads in his shows scum not knowing what to do in the game and needing to fill a post up with some reads to make it look like he has something important to tell us about the game. Speaking of this, I like Plottin Kittehs' questioning of his reads in their . It shows a genuine interest in understanding the reads, this is demonstrated by the quality of the questions as oppose to simply asking "can you explain those reads please". And so I can happily give Plottin Kittehs a town read based on that, the rest of their overall posting is giving me a town vibe too. Anyways, back to Kuroi, I do not like the transition of votes from Rob to Dav in his . Not only did he not pressure Rob after voting him, he was coaxed into a lengthy discussion about Frozen Angel's play (who, by the way, is his scum read as stated in his read lists) which resulted in these three posts , and . Kuroi what were your thoughts on FA after this discussion, you appear to still scum read her but have given no definitive stance after your conversation with her. Instead you placed an opportunistic vote on Dav, after Persi voted for him. Where did your discussion with Frozen Angel lead to and how did you manage to transition from that to a vote on Dav?

I'm actually having a tough time understanding why people are constantly liking Persi to being on the same side as me. I said I had a scum read on him (I do not now) and that he shouldn't be voted based off something not grounded in logic. For my vote to Davsto, I explained that Rob was scummy. I still believe that, but Davsto is useless to this game. The way I figured it, Rob is either mafia, or townie. Either way, he's participating. I'm sorry if you don't like how I operate, but some players are aggressive and some are not. There are also times I choose to be aggressive and there are times when it's not needed. I don't have enough to be aggressive right now.

My post with Frozen Angel wasn't all that productive. I still have her as slightly scum, but closer to a null read. There are a lot of non-gameplay factors that I'm trying to avoid such as her lack of English fluency, for example, that may cause difficulties. She still does give me a scummy vibe and I'll keep an extra sharp eye out for her, but she's only #3 or #4 in the people I'd lynch right now, but I only have one vote to cast.

In post 542, Soren wrote:
In post 539, Rob14 wrote:I'm intentionally not reading the Kuroi case right now because it looks like it relies heavily on associative tells. Let's wait until the flip, m'kay?
I'm okay with that, one scum at a time.

You're killing me, smalls.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'm not sure I understand this. Is this a Doctor Who reference?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:48 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 586, Davsto wrote:
In post 571, Rob14 wrote:Pers, the reason I don't consider two kills to confirm is that FBI Agent is a great fake claim for an SK.

Think about it. You get the two kills to "confirm". Scum don't kill you because you can't investigate on them. It's pretty airtight.

I thought about your claim and how it could/couldn't be confirmed, and I concluded that there was no feasible way to confirm it without assuming that an SK wouldn't lie. And that's obviously not a good assumption to make.
This reasoning is flawed. Why would an SK fakeclaim FBI Agent? Through being an SK, he'd know there's quite a risk of there being an FBI Agent in the game, and as such fakeclaiming FBI brings with it quite a decent chance of being counter-claimed.
In post 584, Rob14 wrote:
In post 491, Rob14 wrote:Davsto, as I've already explained, it's in Persivul's scum meta that he is heavily antagonistic toward town. Check Blitz 1 and his treatment of ETL.

Still reading, just wanted to post this before I forget, because the rationale behind Davsto's town-read on Pers based on our interaction is deeply flawed.

I want a response to this from Davsto.
I prefer to use my own experiences with someone for meta reads than use someone else's. Meta is easy to bend to your will as the user of the meta, and the subject of the meta can purposefully manipulate their own meta. I'm perfectly fine with "X does this as town so it's not a scumtell", but not "X does this as town so he's town for doing it" or "X does this as scum so he's scum for doing this". Basically, I'll trust my own reads, thanks.

Have you read this game yet? Not to be rude, but I can't see someone at least attempting to keep up with the game that deserves to stay in the game.

...BTW, can there be a prod on Not_Mafia, please?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I forget if it was this game or another game, but someone gave me an actual reason to get one... so yeah, I'm right on it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:37 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Alright. There we go. One of my favorite movie characters of all time, Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction. It also kind of fits the "Mafia" feel of the forum, citing the suit. :)
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:46 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Not_Mafia, have you gone over the game yet?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:24 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

@Rob, so if I'm getting this right, you're voting him primarily because of something other than his scumminess (or lack thereof)? Because it seems like you issue is mostly because of his comments to Frozen Angel.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:28 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'm not sure what the basis is of the Soren lynch.

Sorry for the inactivity, but I am still here.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:29 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

There's a lot to go through and I'm doing my due diligence, but I can't quite find it.

I am OK with a Davsto lynch because he's shown to not care about the game nor a willingness to place it as a priority. His posts have also reeked of scum. I've considered changing to another lynch, namely Not_Mafia, but we need a lynch and don't have the time so I'm going with what's viable.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:21 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 720, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 719, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ari's vote is the second most productive in this game.

hello! wanna talk to me?!

Because I'm town here, Are you?

In post 723, Frozen Angel wrote:For god sake!!!!

I'M TOWN

In post 727, Frozen Angel wrote:Image

I'M TOWN

In post 729, Frozen Angel wrote:Yes I am! :/

In post 744, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm town, so any thoughts I have are purely on Rob's alignment and not on associatives.

I'll look at it though.

In post 756, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm going to say this right now so someone maybe sees this later.

If Rob/FA flips scum at any point in this game, AUTOLYNCH the other.

Any time someone says, "I'm town," it makes me think they're scummy; at the very least, it adds GREATLY to their scumminess on my scummometer 2000. Both RC and Frozen Angel do this, but one did it once over the weekend while one did it ~five times.

In post 759, RadiantCowbells wrote:retract my last.

Not that this is alignment indicative, but this sounds like EpicMafia stuff, and I kind of want to lynch you for that. :lol:

In post 819, Soren wrote:
In post 781, Adaptive Heap wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 639, Not_Mafia wrote:Just realised Adaptive Heap is talah and mastin neither of these should be making such poor arguments

Hi. You ready to actually interact with the game yet?
Also - we've never played a game together before, have we?
You may know mastin but you don't know me, so how do you assume anything about my arguments in order to say they "shouldn't be poor" (which they're not by the way, no matter how you frame them).
Just wondering how you arrive at that conclusion with no previous experience of me though.
Seems like more shitslinging in addition to Post 379.

In post 641, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 378, Adaptive Heap wrote:I was asking why you made the comment about Not_Mafia's username in the first place.

Also please don't patronise me. I don't find it funny or clever.

-t

In post 381, Adaptive Heap wrote:And again, I'm not sure how it helps you determine anyone's alignment.

Were you hoping for a pingback from Not_Mafia? You got one. How did you read it?

-t

Mmmnnnyeees?
Kuroi had posted a shitty accusation at Persivul in RVS, lurked and not provided anything afterward, and then when you replaced in decided another RVS post was in order - making a "joke" about your username.
So I pressured him for it because he wasn't providing anything up to that point.

He's starting to seem townish to me now, but he's still on my radar.

You however are making terrible arguments (and one of the posts mastin provided me with in our QT in the initial burst she had, was that she had burden of proficiency on you).
Considering you're scumreading our slot and you're saying *I* should be posting better (while failing to see why I'm doing things), I'm giving you the second-most-likely scum in this game mantle.
Happy with that? Wanna chat?

-t
That's a lot of questions you asked not_mafia and come of very defensive, though I'm not sure if that's a reason to scum read you yet.
I like that you kept tabs on kuroi and have developed a read on him though.
In post 781, Adaptive Heap wrote: (and one of the posts mastin provided me with in our QT in the initial burst she had, was that she had burden of proficiency on you).
I wholly disagree on this point. Not_mafia lurks in every game and rarely scum hunts, and when he does he only makes one or two points. I'm interested in why mastin has a burden of proficiency on not_mafia. I'm more interested in why it appears as though mastin is posting more in your hydra topic as opposed to the game?
In post 785, Adaptive Heap wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 637, Soren wrote:I don't think I'm lynching persi today.

Hi!

Can you please summarise how you moved from wanting to lynch Persivul in the big post you made (the relevant part of it is here):
In post 535, Soren wrote:To comment on Persivul vs Rob. Rob is winning for me and honestly I feel like sheeping the vote. I have to say that Rob is like Sherlock Holmes, he'll notice the minute details and whether that tells him that someone is scum or town. I particularly find Persivul's bout with Rob to be like flinging dirt at Rob. Persi's argument is convoluted, I don't even know why he's scum reading Rob. Whereas Rob has enumerated and laid out many times as to why Persi is scum. I do not like Persi vote hopping so much. After he unvoted Rob he went from Ari, to FA to Dav to shiro and now to Rob again. What is he actually trying to accomplish with that. For me, it appears as thought Persi is scum trying to fake "proactive towness" and make it look like he is actually doing something in the game when he is not.

I particularly liked Shiro's criticism of Persi's play, in his and . He raises an important point that Persi is faking an attempt to pressure players. With the mention of Shiro, I have to say that he is ringing town to me. He may not have posted much, but what he has posted is informing me that he has a town mindset coming into the game, while he is not actively pushing people, he is noticing the little holes that scum were unable to cover up in their plays.

...to not wanting to lynch him here:
In post 637, Soren wrote:I don't think I'm lynching persi today.

You seemed pretty invested in "one of Rob or Persivul is scum".
You mentioned the FBI agent role a couple of times in your sentence-long posts in between...
But I wonder why the claim changes your aspect on lynching if you think the slot's still scummy.

Did you decide not to lynch Persivul because you thought he was town, or because you wanted to preserve the claim?
The shift isn't making much sense from my perspective.
I'm like 70/30 on the claim. The 70 being that I find it hard to fake. There's been a lengthy discussion already and my thoughts resonate for the arguments for it.
In post 785, Adaptive Heap wrote:But I wonder why the claim changes your aspect on lynching if you think the slot's still scummy.
I've lynched many townies who have acted scummy, I think this will be one of those times if I do not move my vote from persi.
Either stop responding in this manner or actually respond to them with logic. Because this does nothing for you.

In post 820, Soren wrote:And I like comatose, whispers in the dark and the last night from skillet.

The first Soren vote is a likable, townie post. The first post is why I think he's town. The second post is why I think he has good taste in music and is probably a chill guy.

In post 874, Plottin Kittehs wrote:Ari's ISO has more in it that I thought, more scumhunting, more thoughts, blahblah genuine/inquisitive/town thoughtprocess/morebuzzwordshere/less prodging that I remembered. He can be town enough for now.

i'm running out of words for the day already and I still have 4-5 other things I need them for today, some of them not mafia related :(

will revisit Ari when I can language again.

FAQ iso mostly bad because not doing enough but don't want to lynch there because replacement

going to make lunch and wander off.

VOTE: Soren L-4

still intent to hammer dav if that happens.

--P

I'm sorry, but this comes across as fence sitting. Davsto is not defended and he's close to being lynched. No mention of Soren in terms of scumminess, yet Soren's voted. Along with that, I get the vibe that you intend to vote Davsto with the same gusto and enthusiasm that your neighbor has when he says, "Oh, sure. I'll definitely bring back your power drill."

In post 875, Not_Mafia wrote:I can go for Soren I guess VOTE: Soren

Not even a reason? Are you TRYING to be scummy or are you just indifferent to this game?

In post 881, Rob14 wrote:This Soren wagon is beyond bad.
Agreed, perhaps for the first time this game.
RC what question?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:31 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

@Rob's quote. Sorry, I wrote this but it didn't show up. I said:
"Agreed, and probably for the first time this game."

In post 882, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 880, KuroiXHF wrote:There's a lot to go through and I'm doing my due diligence, but I can't quite find it.

I am OK with a Davsto lynch because he's shown to not care about the game nor a willingness to place it as a priority. His posts have also reeked of scum. I've considered changing to another lynch, namely Not_Mafia, but we need a lynch and don't have the time so I'm going with what's viable.

we have plenty of time left.

lets talk about Not Mafia. whats your read on him?

I don't like to leave things to last minute. I'd rather us lynch someone that is likely mafia and will also reveal a lot about those defending/attacking him.

Not_Mafia appears not to care about the game. I don't think he's analyzed it well enough and certainly hasn't added a lot to it. He's added a fraction of the amount I did, and I think I could be doing a better job. He's also, in the game, claimed to be reading over the game and to prepare a read list and analysis and all that... Nothing from him. He has, right after the post where he said to be reading over the game, responded to Adeptive Heap's post and called his argument stupid.

So yeah - a very scummy person with no activity, and I certainly have an irking to lynch people like them because I prefer to lynch mafia and people who aren't moving the game toward.

Also, regarding the post you just made, I haven't done a lot of homework on metas, but I don't trust them - especially when you use the term, "usually." Fact of the matter is I trust my investigations and instinct a lot more than I trust your, "This is what I usually do. Move on."

It certainly does say a lot about your playing, though, if you're this scummy as town.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:52 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'll possibly check for other games later. For now, it looks like it's either Soren or Davsto for the noose, so I'll focus on him at another time.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:44 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 893, Shiro wrote:@RC

Between 0-10 the likehood to lynch plot right now is -1

-1 is not between 0 and 10. Please enter a number that is between these parameters.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Welcome to the game. If you're mafia, let me know now and I'll make sure we'll use silk rope around your neck.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:15 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 916, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 909, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 894, Frozen Angel wrote:nope its 2/10
I don't recall you being this happy to wagon jump in past games...

oO what past game?! I'm always wagon happy!

and what wagon are you talking about? plotty? I like more pressure on that slot as well as on yours

I just don't like about the way game started when you got universally townreaded.

See, I REALLY don't like how she plays this game. Whenever she's acting scummy, her go-to defense is always, "But I always play this way!" I strongly suggest that you try to improve on being less scummy. It might help your overall Mafia play.

In post 928, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Rob13

I can get behind this I think.

He was my first read. I'll have to see if I'm OK with a Rob lynch, although I think Davsto is still a great lynch.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:25 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 935, RadiantCowbells wrote:Kuroi, Rob, Aristo my favourite lynches atm.

I'm your
favorite?!
:good:
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1106, Aeronaut wrote:I GUESS PERSIVUL WAS TOWN THEN

Wait - I thought he claimed serial killer...
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'm convinced that Pers/RC/Newguy is innocent - at least for now and Rob has been over the top trying to force the noose on.

VOTE: Rob13
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1179, Plottin Kittehs wrote:Kuroi, do you know who I am? What's your best guess for why I write a --P at the end of my posts?

--P

...no? I don't watch Dr. Who, if this matters.

In post 1226, Rift Adrift wrote:
Not_Mafia and KuroiXHF have been prodded.

I'm sorry. I am still here, but planning a wedding isn't easy. I'll try to be more on the ball.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:59 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I don't want to elaborate more at this very moment. I may if it becomes necessary, but Not_Mafia is extremely suspect.

VOTE: Not_Mafia

If you're not mafia, but a townie with some sort of handicap or idiosyncrasy, you may want to explain yourself.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (isolation #43) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

UNVOTE: Not_Mafia Fair enough, and it explains a lot.

...I'm going to see the basis for the Soren lynch.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Alright. VOTE: Soren

BTW, Hi Plot. Your name should have been enough of a clue, lol.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:25 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I don't have the time to post properly until later today, but I obviously have an investigative role.

I was roleblocked for the last two days as well.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Perhaps later, if necessary but I've been role blocked twice. The only role I know of not mafia is that he can role block. Has there been any word of his other roles or just that?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I have computer access! Now, answers!

What I will say is that I have an investigative role. I'm really holding off and I feel like the only reason I'm alive right now is because Not Mafia has been able to keep me at bay. After all, how powerful is an investigator if he can't investigate? When I investigated Not Mafia, I had a result saying that I didn't have a result. Usually if I was role blocked and this maybe just a "depending on the mod" deal, I was told that I would be role blocked or something happened that resulted in me not getting a result; I wouldn't have a mere, "It didn't work" kind of message, so I felt that Not Mafia had a sort of character ability that made him somehow immune to investigations. (It didn't strike me as unusual for a Dr. Who flavor, coming from someone who has never watched the show.)

And last night I investigated Plottin Kittehs, again role-blocked. This time, Not_Mafia claimed not to have role blocked me so the questions begs... what gives?

As far as Soren goes, I don't know why the context warranted an "Intent to Hammer." Rob seemed to have an ability that cornered him and so I trusted him. Rob asked me why but the thread was closed when I noticed his post. I was actually planning on going after Rob on the day phase, feeling that he misled us, but well... you know.

Anything else I can do to answer?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:06 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1345, BROseidon wrote:That said, Kuroi, I actually want a full-claim from you instead of vague "investigative" thing b/c the last mafioso is likely only a step or two behind me on cracking the game.

Do you want it to understand my role further or are you basically wanting to verify I'm not scum?

In post 1347, Plottin Kittehs wrote:I've seen newer players confuse "roleblocked" with "investigation immune" before (broseidon probably remembers deathfisaro on day 6 of we didn't playtest this).

Also, given , I wonder if Rob jailkept Kuroi.

pedit: I also saw the mason crumbs but then it seemed like the masons were bussing for some reason but roleblocking goes a step too far for masons.

--P

Well I have told you before that while I'm not new to forum Mafia, I am new to Mafia Scum Mafia. As a result, I have different experiences and terminology/actions that don't translate well here. With that said, would I receive a PM or be notified in some way if I was jailed?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1351 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:38 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Night one, I found out that Aeronaut is not a serial killer.

Doesn't mean he can't be scum, but at least he got that going for him.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Sorry to disappoint you. I still offer hugs.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (isolation #51) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:36 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1354, BROseidon wrote:Why did you FBI-agent someone who was a claimed FBI agent?

I had the feeling there was only one in the game and that I could find scum by proving him a liar. I just needed the evidence. Turns out there's more.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:51 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1358, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1351, KuroiXHF wrote:Night one, I found out that Aeronaut is not a serial killer.

Doesn't mean he can't be scum, but at least he got that going for him.

It makes zero sense to me that there'd be two FBI agents.

I agree.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I may as well fully claim. I'm the 9th doctor, the one with the short hair.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1363, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1362, KuroiXHF wrote:I may as well fully claim. I'm the 9th doctor, the one with the short hair.
Love Eccleston!

But really...2 FBI agents?
And possibly no SK? (Probably more likely not an SK unless they are OP as fuck, and I am doubting that.)

I'm inclined to believe Aero is town.
Yourself, however, I doubt.

I say we tackle groups cum first.

What you're not taking into the account that my night actions are confirmed.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Fine. My night two is confirmed. Not Mafia confirmed it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1368, Aristophanes wrote:All I know is that you tried to do something N2 and we're blocked. All it confirms is that you had an action and that you aren't the one who make that kill.

For now, you're off the hook though.

I asked the person who I investigated and that he confirmed he blocked me. I don't know how that wouldn't be a confirmation that I had an action, when the person who blocked me admitted it - unless you're suggesting we're both scum covering each other.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

AH, I didn't make a reaction on the forum. I kept it quiet and checked it at the night phase. I didn't want to immediately snap with a counter claim for times like these. There's no rule that says it can't happen, and I don't know this (or most of these) mods anyway.

My thoughts at the time were that a serial killer may know that they may have someone out there looking for them. That's why I searched him - to check.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1379, Plottin Kittehs wrote:It is still weird to me that
Notmaf/Kuroi
crumbed masons together. Like kuroi crumbed it and then not maf crumbed it and then kuroi confirm crumbed it and then notmaf confirmed crumbed it and then they both started shedding PR in distress tells when you asked them about the crumbs that read like "wtf stop quoting our crumbs we're not going to explain they're for later" and now they're not masons after all and in my last game I caught someone as scum because they crumbed and then didn't claim what they crumbed so I'm pretty sure there's scum in notmaf/kuroi.

Why are you the only one insisting that there's crumbing going on? I'm saying there isn't and I want to guess Not_Mafia would do the same. I made a joke, and you're not the only one who took it more than what it was, but you did.

Here's the joke. (Paraphrasing)

Mod - We have a new player. Here's Not_Mafia!
Me - (Noticing the username) I have a feeling he's not mafia. I feel like I can trust him.

...Because I couldn't have chosen a different or more subtle/fitting way of crumbing my role if I were mason with him?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:11 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1390, Plottin Kittehs wrote:
Plot head is v/la until Sunday. Will still try to post. health stuff + family stuff + etc.

--P

I hope all is well with you and your family.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:01 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

The question has been asked. I'll answer as soon as an answer becomes available.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:26 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

So I did get a result back, and I was told that I would be told if I no longer had my investigative powers. This leads me to believe that someone actively roleblocked me. There is the guess that Rob did use his power on me. The other option that I see is that Not_Mafia is a roleblocker - likely, a mafia roleblocker.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Plottin' Kittehs, do you know anything of Aris' meta?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:59 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1458, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1457, KuroiXHF wrote:Plottin' Kittehs, do you know anything of Aris' meta?
Zip I've played a few games with Plot, as both alignments, and 1 with Mala I believe.

Why is this your only question after 2 days and 60 posts or so?

We've been hit with a hard snowstorm and unfortunately, I haven't been able to participate much within any of my games this weekend. I will catch up today.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:40 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

haha. I went to an event a couple towns during the snowstorm. I spun out plenty of times on the highway. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't get into an accident. On the way back, I chose to avoid it. A half hour drive turned into an hour and a half.

I also don't want the mod to think I don't care about this game. lol I'm still at least attempting to be active,
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (isolation #65) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:14 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

OK. I'm here. Going to go over this day phase and see what's going on. Looks like there's a bandwagon on Aristophanes. From first glance, it looks like he's totally given up, BUT... Let's see what's going on.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (isolation #66) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1410, Aristophanes wrote:Okay, home now and consulting my PM so I don't get mod killed.

So, I'm the 2nd Doctor and a JOAT.

Sorry, two JOATs?

N1 I used this thing that's basically a Proxy-cop.
I determined that RC and Rob were of the same alignment.
This is why I have strongly supported Aero as town since then.

For the record, getting a somewhat towny vibe off this.

In post 1419, BROseidon wrote:Oh yeah I'm david tennant doc. Whichever one that is.

JESICAAAAAAAAAAAA!

In post 1434, BROseidon wrote:I don't think there's a technically valid lynch outside of {Ari, not_maf, me, kittehs} today.

Wait, that's everyone but... YEAH!

In post 1442, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Aristophanes

So we have two JOATs and two FBI investigators? Normally, I'd say this is just silly, but since this isn't the first role of this happening and I'm more or less clear, I'd better leave it alone.

In post 1449, Aristophanes wrote:I've spammed here, haven't I...

Adding another post to ask that question doesn't help your case in the crime of spamming. ;)

So what we have here is Aristophanes who is more or less going to die. There WAS Not Mafia, but he pretty much explained N2. Then there's Plottin' Kittehs, Adaptive Heap, Aeronaut and BROseidon.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm ready to make the vote in light that there are some people that appear unchecked.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (isolation #67) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:40 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I didn't vote you, did I?

I feel like with four votes, asking, "Is this a reaction test," is giving up. It seems like you've given up on arguing and more toward hoping they were bluffing.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (isolation #68) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:22 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well I feel like I'm missing the main reasons why you're the main vote, which is why I asked about the others.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (isolation #69) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:20 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Not at this moment, no. I'd be much more interested in seeing how the game goes. I really don't want to put the hammer on Aristophanes, but I'd like to move the game and I don't know exactly how to do it. To be honest, I'm not on my A-Game here.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (isolation #70) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:11 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1524, Rift Adrift wrote:
VC 6.1
Day 6 Begins!

Not Voting
(4): Plottin Kittehs, BROseidon, KuroiXFH, Not_Mafia

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: February 18, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-02-18 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]

I would like to say that both Plottin' Kittehs and BROseidon are NOT serial killers. If we have lynched no other serial killers, it has to be Not_Mafia, right? Are we in a LYLO situation? If not, assuming we don't have a troll mod who creates serial killer investigators with no serial killers, I think by the process of elimination, we have our man.

In post 1530, Plottin Kittehs wrote:Do you have to use all of your abilities before you can reuse them?

If so, this sounds sketchy.

Kuroi, how would you account for the differences in your playstyle that i'm noticing between this game and the game that I ICed?

I have a MUCH shitter game this game. I freely admit that and for some reason, I have a hard time getting into it. I am trying, however.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (isolation #71) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Plottin, I was able to check one person per night, which is how I found out about you and BROseidon. However, regardless of a serial killer existing or not, mafia still has to be caught. Even if we find and kill a serial killer, mafia could kill a townie tonight and win, so...
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (isolation #72) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

If everyone that has been said is true, I most suspect Not Mafia. If he is truly a Jack of all Trades, his most frequent use of role blocking is more of a hindrance than anything else to the town. More than that, his role blocking is the only thing that's been proven.

IF he could refresh after using all of it, why would he use the role block BEFORE the investigative? My instincts are that he's a mafia roleblocker.

Needless to say, I'm tempted to vote him.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1540 (isolation #73) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

So I'll be able to take another look - hopefully Sunday but definitely Monday. Sorry, rougher day than expected at work. I do plan on giving this some thought.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (isolation #74) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:19 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Before I move forward and go over everything, is it best for a NL? Since none of us are really clear, would it be best to cut us by one in order to increase our odds to lynch? Y'know, with MYLO, and all?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (isolation #75) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1549, Plottin Kittehs wrote:no lynch is only optimal if we don't have confirmed towns. If nobody is confirmed town, then we can learn something by who is killed and can examine their reads, or examine our own reads or something. But we don't get any real information when a confirmed townsperson is nightkilled because they weren't going to get lynched. No lynching wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't really help either.

--P

Right. I don't think someone's death is intended to tell us a lot; its intended benefit is to cut the number by one, and I'd rather do that because it cuts down the chance of mislynch from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3, which is significant. So I disagree with you. I think a no lynch is our best move.

VOTE: No One.

It takes three to lynch so townies, if someone does anything sly, I'd suggest we remove the vote quickly.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (isolation #76) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

If we mislynch someone, we lose. I don't think that's going to be disputed. I don't think there's anyone here who is confirmed town, so we don't really have anyone to lose. Since everyone has a LITTLE bit of suspicion, mafia picking one off would make things easier.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (isolation #77) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1553, Plottin Kittehs wrote:
In post 1552, Plotinus wrote:But we're not going to lynch the confirmed town anyway, so the chances are 1 in 2 regardless. Both of us were roleblocked on nights when there was a kill, so that rules us out.

--P

quoting my hydra slip

He ADMITS he slipped!

LYNCH! LYNCH LYNCH! ;)
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (isolation #78) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well fuck me up the [Dr.] Who. Plotton Kittehs is right, my role means absolute shit. Not_Mafia is not the serial killer. There is no serial killer.

Question for Mod - is there any punishment for town/mafia for a continuous no lynch/no night-kill?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (isolation #79) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well in that case we have two options:

1) We could force scum not to be a dick and choose to lynch no one.

OR

2) We could try to kill someone today - perhaps not being dick townies.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (isolation #80) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:23 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Incorrect isn't a defense. Considering that I have a vote that would lynch you, I'd suggest trying a bit harder.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (isolation #81) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:48 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'll be waiting for a response and reviewing all the posts. However, if you remember our other (and now completed game), PhantomCobalt's dodgy style is not something I appreciate, regardless of meta.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (isolation #82) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:26 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Actually, I do have a question, Plottin Kittehs:

You just voted. You're a smart guy and must know that Not Mafia wouldn't vote for himself. That would mean that I'm the only guy to vote for him. If you're a townie, wouldn't you express some sort of fear that the vote would be left to me and I could hammer a vote on someone else and essentially win the game for myself?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (isolation #83) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:01 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Also, looking back at my posts, where I found out Not Mafia roleblocked me, I'm becoming more confident that he's town. The fact is that we know that he can roleblock. If we have a mafia roleblocker, wouldn't claiming to have a power role be somewhat of a risky play? I don't see him as someone who does those risky plays.

For the rest of this post, I'm looking to Davsto and who was critical of him:
Day One - - Broseidon voted him. He kept that vote on him for most of the day. During that time, Not Mafia voted Rob and Plottin Kittehs voted Persuvil.
Broseidon was also prodded on
, Not Mafia switched to Adaptive Heap.
, Not Mafia and Plottin Kittehs switched to Soren.
, Not Mafia votes Rob, and with no explanation... no... nothing.

Day Two:
Not Mafia starts the day by voting someone he didn't vote in Day One.
BROseidon votes Davsto again. I can't help but WIFOM myself - is this scum distancing themselves or is he the towniest town in all the town?
As of this post, Plottin Kittehs spoke half a dozen times but haven't voted back on his last vote of Day One. Why haven't you voted, if you were more sure of Soren being scum than anyone else?
Not Mafia considers one of Davsto's posts the scummiest he's ever heard but didn't elaborate.
, Plottin Kittehs hammers Davsto.

So here's what I'm getting for these people:
Broseidon: There's been barely any time for not going onto Davsto. For this game, he's probably been the towniest person to me. In fact, I only have such a scum vibe from him as I do because he seems so town. He's making me think something has to be wrong.
Not Mafia: His scumminess is very apparent. He dodges, doesn't explain himself and creates such an untrustworthy face to us all. As it pertains to Davsto, they had little interaction other than calling him super scummy right before he died.
Plottin Kittehs: As I've said to him at the end game of our last game together, I worry about him because I find him as such a good player that I'm not sure I'd be able to catch him as scum. As it pertains to the game, he hasn't voted Davsto at all, up until the hammer. I'd like to think that if he was scum, he'd have voted him earlier. Combine that with the question I still have for him, I'm a bit undecided.

All I can say right now with relative certainty, is that I don't see myself voting Broseidon today.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (isolation #84) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

The boss is around so I got to get off this for an hour or two. However, BROseidon, please reflect on this. I'm curious as to your opinions on PK and NM.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (isolation #85) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Fuck. I had a long post for this and I pressed preview and then MafiaScum must have timed out. It's pissing me off and I really don't feel like retyping everything, so I'm waiting on Not Mafia's response.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (isolation #86) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Let's do it then:

VOTE: Not_Mafia
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (isolation #87) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Ah, I'm disappointed in myself. I was telling myself that it's not right how Plottin Kittehs could still be alive when mafia would see him as such a threat. I still maintain I was no where near my A-Game, and I apologize for that.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (isolation #88) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I appreciate it. I think I played a poor game, rather than being in a position where I need a mentor. I will keep it in mind, though. Thank you! :)
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1687 (isolation #89) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:43 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I don't know about playing better than you, but no offense taken. Nice playing with you. Looking forward to next time

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”