Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 452, Flavor Leaf wrote:Note to self, Hoctac is extremely not self aware.
I think its the exact opposite and he's a bit too aware actually
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 748, Tchill13 wrote:@nero would you consider my early game actual scum hunting opposed to farside's?
sure man
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 463, davesaz wrote:I feel like mastina's reads are mostly made up, and the stated level of seriousness is a lie.
I don't know yet if it's AI.
The real question is if she did it because she knows me and Auro might be expecting the same silly start as double mafia
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Auro »

Yoohoo, I'm back for a while!

@Nero's question: Difference being it's Mastina, and I now have experience that informs me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Auro »

In post 722, farside22 wrote:I'm seeing a lot of nonsense that I can't relate anything too.
You seem to be ignoring me, farside. :P You sure all of my posts were nonsense?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 472, davesaz wrote:
In post 60, Vecna wrote:you realized it was something scum often do early, but then added some relativism by seeing how town would also do it.
Many people would see such behavior as "fence sitting".
I heartily approve of nuance in posting. "Scum would often do X but sometimes town does X too" is
not
fence sitting, it's giving useful nuance by shading it like 75% gray instead of black. Calling that fence sitting is lazy at least, and disingenuous scum at times.
Bottom line I think the quote is fine, and it's a good reason to give someone town points. (in this case Vecna giving Nero points IIRC)
People thinknig fence-sitting is bad are usually champions of making terrible arguments.

If someone actually goes ahead to give thoughts from multiple angles you have more material to work with and gauge whether their thoughts are genuine and accurate. Distinguishing between when it comes from scum and town is one of the best sources of reads, if done properly (which often is not the case).
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

though now that I think about it there is kinda a weird dynamic here

farside is sitting on tchill

but tchill likes her

I said I think farside is scummy

she's...understanding of my reasoning

tchill is kinda light defending her
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #24

Auro (0):
Hoctac (3): davesaz (), Tchill13 (), Elements ()
5G Tower (0):
Vecna (2): Nero Cain (), Alchemist21 ()
Voted (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Elements (2): Voted (), Auro ()
Flavor Leaf (0):
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (2): mastina (), Hoctac ()
mastina (3): Saudade (), EspeciallyTheLies (), Quick ()
Miss Lynch (0):
Tchill13 (1): farside22 ()
Saudade (1): 50 Judge Powers ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (7): Creature, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Aristophanes, Flavor Leaf (), Miss Lynch (), Vecna ()

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

3. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
4. Please keep animated GIFs and videos spoilered as a courtesy to other users.
5. Creature replaces momo and Voted replaces No łynch.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Thu May 07, 2020 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Tchill13 »

no we cant but I have a dream where we site wide PL players like this for 3 months and irradicate the mindset lol

VOTE: saudade
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Auro »

In post 715, davesaz wrote:
In post 695, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 687, Auro wrote:Please infect, Dave
Are you aware you're both implying you know I'm (currently) town?
Whoops, typo, corrected now. :P
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 479, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 474, davesaz wrote:Was there anything in particular you're interested in?
just your read on him. I'm a little worried that he was buddying me and he's town reading me for the first time ever. He say's he normally treats me like that but I just don't really remember that and I'm too lazy to look.
In post 474, davesaz wrote:Generally Vecna seems more reasonable than what I expect from the first 3-4 page-downs in iso,
Shouldn't that be a reason to suspect him a bit?
Nero, why is your memory of me so poor. Trying to get serious reads from the first few pages is something I will always try. Its by far the best place to get accurate game-long reads for me in a lot of situations.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 753, Auro wrote:Difference being it's Mastina, and I now have experience that informs me.
yes but you had already played with me twice, once as each alignment and that did nothing for you. Why does Mastina's town read finally get you to budge?

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Tchill13 »

mastina, auro, farside are all the players i like for town atm.

ETL is hard null.

saudade is a legit SR. Kind of an arrogance with the posting that pings me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Auro »

I don't really remember your scumgame at all, it was the two towngames. I recall keeping you at "meh, fine, town" in Doubles, no?
Because I judge the reliability of this kind of Mastina meta read pretty high?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 491, 50 Judge Powers wrote:
In post 383, Saudade wrote:No i am also a variable in itself because I interact with the other 20 variables
You should be a constant not a variable to yourself, unless you are expecting your alignment to be switched during the course of the day. I mean, play according to your current alignment and eat the rope already. :twisted:

Also, regarding your signature.. so you mean Ultravox' Vienna (which is actually a girl's name) or Falco's Vienna (calling) which is the capital of Austria?? :P
This alt mix thing clearly has too low a volume of JJD in it. Entertain me some A50. cmon now
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 760, Vecna wrote:Trying to get serious reads from the first few pages is something I will always try. Its by far the best place to get accurate game-long reads for me in a lot of situations.
I agree with you but my post said absolutely nothing about what you re talking about.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Auro »

In post 762, Tchill13 wrote:Kind of an arrogance
Truth be told, I find it extremely entertaining.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Auro »

A50 seems pretty scummy.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 492, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 485, mastina wrote:I know ETL AtEs as both alignments and her AtE this game didn't feel town at all; it felt particularly 'fake', for lack of a better word--maybe overblown would be better? In that I have little doubts ETL felt emotions, but her posting here felt like it was overplaying them, for lack of better terminology. Forcing the feelings, I guess you could say.
Even as scum, I don't fake feelings. I feel what I feel, and you of all people should know better than to post this. You have even said in other games where you were actually town, that my emotions are NAI, so now suddenly it is? BS. This is how I know you're scum. When you try to twist what you know of my meta in order to convince people who don't that what you're saying is correct when you know it isn't. << That's the kind of shit that makes me angry.
Id have been very suspicious of mastina if she wasnt scumreading you.

Your play is a textbook playstyle that town mastina will scumread. Especially after the things you did this game.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 748, Tchill13 wrote:@nero would you consider my early game actual scum hunting opposed to farside's?

I liked farside mainly due to the questions early game. If farside thinks they were hollow im not sure if I should have liked farside that much for them.
This was a fat juicy pitch over the plate and it wasn't swung on. I'm disappointed.

Has there been followup on those questions, or even any evidence in being interested in the answers?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Auro »

In post 768, Vecna wrote:Your play is a textbook playstyle that town mastina will scumread. Especially after the things you did this game.
Wait, how so? What exactly are you talking about?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 497, Elements wrote:
In post 495, mastina wrote: This has been, by far, one of the most obvtown games of mine all year; I literally never get more obviously town than I am this game.
this is blatantly not true or not so many people would think you're scum no?
Did we think that though? Im pretty sure neither me nor Auro actually thought so
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Auro »

I was voting there for the lulz
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 763, Auro wrote:I recall keeping you at "meh, fine, town" in Doubles, no?
I didn't really get this vibe but w/e. I mean, in double you did keep sitting there ans saying that you needed NSG to game solve (but iit was me that did so) so maybe this whole thing w/ mastina isn't outside of your town game.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 509, Null Vote wrote:Sorry, no one here knows the 5G conspiracy. I have already tested it.
Is it just me or do the attempts at humor/semi-trolling from this account feel forced and not very natural? Or is it just because its nowhere near funny?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”