Micro 940: A Normal Blitz II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 475, Hiraki wrote:
In post 467, Hiraki wrote:since HEM is not happening today
please, take such utter glory in me moving my vote to my secondary scumread because of a deadline, that is truly the best way to think of this whole situation
Would scum Hiraki actively try to undermine Hoctac's town!hiraki explanation and towncred by showing him switching targets?

I read the interaction tilted (and quite honestly am exhausted from today's actions) since I feel HEM is town, but I am not getting any scum!pings from Hiraki

pedit: I see now. Rereading
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Hoctac »

I want to lynch George or Madoka. Not sure who between them yet.
not yet sentient
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 522, Hoctac wrote:Specifically, why is this "super town" from monkey?
Oh! I had forgotten I even town read that. It was town because of how forward he was with it. There is no advantage to doubting the mason claim so hard as scum because it pins two players that know each other are town against you. I also like how immediate his reaction was to your claim. I can see from his perspective why he thought it was fake.

The reason why I find Holden's approach scummy, on the other hand, is because of how indirectly he is going about it. He is actively spending his time questioning the two of you when you are going to be sorted out eventually.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 506, Madoka wrote:Up to Page 10

Spoiler: LIT
hu: town, objective
126 nai
127 nai
134 nai
138 nai
hu: super town -- I am actually going to stop including HEM's posts since he's locked.
141 cont.
sh: her analysis seems to be particularly on point this game -- sharp or dark? If anyone can think of a better opposite to "dumb or scum" that rhymes please help
ho: ngl why is he continuing this after Hoctac hard claimed?
ge: this doesn't make sense, why null rather than datisi? What is town about datisi?
148 nai
Ho: why are you still questioning him?
153 nai townish
da: this response is disproportional to the accusation. Coming across it a second time, I dont think this is town. I also don't care for the shiki vote. holden is the scummiest up to this point.
da: good response
sh: the idea that i asked umlaut to vote doesnt seem like the though scum!Shiki would have
da: good response
178 nai
179 nai
183 nai
184 nai
ge: townie thought, very townie
186 nai
ho: what is the purpose of this
ho: ok this is pretty townie looks ignorant
189 nai
ho: i think it is bad that holden is focusing so much on this. I know he tends to get caught up on stuff though so im not sure what to make of it
191 nai
192 nai
ho: the answer is pretty straight forward
195 nai
197 nai
ho: slightly town indicative
ho: good good
207 nai
208 nai
211 nai
212 nai
213 and dont know what hes saying
215 nai
218 ho: good eval
219 nai
220 nai but good
225 ho: intersting
226 nai
235 ge: entering tmi territory
236 nai
ge: good tone
da:good tone
sh: i like the hg read
ge: so tmi-y
245 nai

♡ I still read Datisi's reaction as coming from self-conscious scum. Some of his responses afterward had a towny tone, however, I do not think they are enough to override the read. Still, this read is not that strong.

♡ Holden's treatment of the masons was strange. He focused on it way too long and he questioned umlaut way too long. It did not produce anything fruitful. I really cannot wrap my head around why he discussed the Madoka vote thing with him so long. I think there is a good chance Holden is scum.

♡ Shiki has made solid post after solid post. Her reasoning is consistent and her points do not come off to me as having come from scum. In particular, her paranoia that I asked umlaut to vote her and her read on Holden.

♡ Hiraki's post up to this point have also left a slight town impression on me. They looked worse when I was skimming, but his points are not bad.

♡ George has made some really innocent seeming posts, but he also seems to be making a lot of posts that read as TMI.
In particular, his read of shiki and his read of Holden. He made a post saying that he thinks the reason holden is playing differently here is because of the pace. I think this is a strange opinion to have considering the last game they played together was also a blitz game... I think George is currently my strongest suspect.
Let's talk about the bolded first.

I'll give the agreement that I was focused on Ulmat while most were not, especially given his reaction and his further posts pinging me. I am confused though on why my continued discussion about the Mason's stands out to you when others were actively discussing alternatives to the claims around the same time I brought up the neighbor's logic (from memory alone, Datisi, George, Shiki, and HEM). Not only was it a focus on the thread the time, but I also stopped after the reaffirmation by Ulmant in a later post like everyone else. Why does my discussion stand out to you? Further, Whats this "Holden doesn't let things go" you mention in the spoiled PbP analysis? You are giving yourself a reason to doubt your read logic which I find hard to believe actually exists (as I don't think letting things go = pressure)?

Particularly in the HEM George reaction over my playstyle, how is it TMI? George was asked to compared by ISO from the newbie me and HEM played versus this game. It had nothing to do with the blitz game prior to this, and due to the differences in the length of day phases, I don't see how that is anymore TMI than a reasonable conclusion based on the comparison presented by HEM. The only way it makes sense is if george is scum, and he slipped that I am town since he knows I am town. But that sounds flimsy.

Now onto the spoiled PBP analysis, whats the point in including words like "weird/interesting/hmm" etc. for an analysis and then not explain why they are such interesting bits? None of that actually explains anything AI, and only serves as fluff if you arent going to actually use those posts for anything AI.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Madoka »

Your town read on Holden is unwarranted by the way. He types his intro posts before the game. It is NAI. I recommend reading some of his scum meta.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 527, Madoka wrote:
Oh! I had forgotten I even town read that. It was town because of how forward he was with it. There is no advantage to doubting the mason claim so hard as scum because it pins two players that know each other are town against you. I also like how immediate his reaction was to your claim. I can see from his perspective why he thought it was fake.

The reason why I find Holden's approach scummy, on the other hand,
is because of how indirectly he is going about it. He is actively spending his time questioning the two of you when you are going to be sorted out eventually.
How is directly questioning them and trying to figure out the motivation behind the stunt they pulled if scum (the neighbor theorizing posts) indirect doubting especially since I haven't made a post directed at them for awhile?
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 530, HoldenGolden wrote:How is directly questioning them and trying to figure out the motivation behind the stunt they pulled if scum (the neighbor theorizing posts) indirect doubting especially since I haven't made a post directed at them for awhile?
I am speaking from a page 10 standpoint.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 529, Madoka wrote:Your town read on Holden is unwarranted by the way. He types his intro posts before the game. It is NAI. I recommend reading some of his scum meta.
It is true. I did start the intro post prior to the game starting. Idk how reading my scum meta will help considering I actually didn't do it in either games there however iirc.

I'm even more confused. You also in your catch up called plenty of my posts good/townie, so why do you assume that Hoctac's locktown post from earlier is the only reason someone could be townreading me?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Hoctac »

The reason why I find Holden's approach scummy, on the other hand, is because of how indirectly he is going about it. He is actively spending his time questioning the two of you when you are going to be sorted out eventually.
Okay, cool, I like the reasoning here.
In post 529, Madoka wrote:Your town read on Holden is unwarranted by the way. He types his intro posts before the game. It is NAI. I recommend reading some of his scum meta.
Will do later, thanks for the heads up.

UNVOTE: Madoka
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 531, Madoka wrote:
In post 530, HoldenGolden wrote:How is directly questioning them and trying to figure out the motivation behind the stunt they pulled if scum (the neighbor theorizing posts) indirect doubting especially since I haven't made a post directed at them for awhile?
I am speaking from a page 10 standpoint.
Ok
How is directly questioning them and trying to figure out the motivation behind the stunt they pulled if scum (the neighbor theorizing posts) indirect doubting
especially since I haven't made a post directed at them for awhile?
page 10 fixed since that was the page Ulmant reaffirmed his mason status.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Madoka, is there a reason why you're not skimming the thread as you normally would and instead only methodically catching up over time? Is this a playstyle choice?
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 520, Madoka wrote:
In post 508, Hoctac wrote:Madoka, why do you put so much stock into people doubting our masons claims to as being towny - especially with regards to the monkey? Is in not possible scum would transparently question us if they actually had doubts of a gambit, since they want to kill more optimally in the night?
I do not believe I am. I think George had the the towniest reaction to your claim. My reasoning for town reading HEM is independent of what he thought about your claim. I think the way Holden treated it, however, was scummy because of how long he spent theorizing about your motivations. It was a waste of time for something that would be cleared up on its own.
Wait, so your reasoning for George being where he is read wise is due to TMI?

I get a feeling your read on me is stronger based on how you reconfirmed it without being asked to Hoctac here:

So why not vote and pressure me directly?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

187 ho: what is the purpose of this
188 ho: ok this is pretty townie looks ignorant (neighor theory discussion post)
190 ho: i think it is bad that holden is focusing so much on this.
I know he tends to get caught up on stuff though so im not sure what to make of it

199 ho: slightly town indicative
206 ho: good good
218 ho: good eval
This is just from the last post as I think it be unfair to include the last PBP analysis where you voice that you think there are townie posts from me or that there are explanations to my posts. Even going so far to state that part of my discussion about the mason's is townie. I have no problem with this normally, but the way you keep pushing it when you filpped on George for "TMI" (at least with monkey, I feel you fully misread the post) doesn't align with this debate on my alignment at all. You are saying to people that their townread is unfounded and to reread me without asking for more of their read on me despite these contradictions. You aren't directly trying to redirect wagons to me or even push me for that matter, but you keep focusing back on your scumread on me.

I don't understand your progression or stance on me at all given everything.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 528, HoldenGolden wrote:I'll give the agreement that I was focused on Ulmat while most were not, especially given his reaction and his further posts pinging me.

➳ I am confused though on why my continued discussion about the Mason's stands out to you when others were actively discussing alternatives to the claims around the same time I brought up the neighbor's logic (from memory alone, Datisi, George, Shiki, and HEM). Not only was it a focus on the thread the time, but I also stopped after the reaffirmation by Ulmant in a later post like everyone else. Why does my discussion stand out to you?

➳ Further, Whats this "Holden doesn't let things go" you mention in the spoiled PbP analysis? You are giving yourself a reason to doubt your read logic which I find hard to believe actually exists (as I don't think letting things go = pressure)?

➳ Particularly in the HEM George reaction over my playstyle, how is it TMI? George was asked to compared by ISO from the newbie me and HEM played versus this game. It had nothing to do with the blitz game prior to this, and due to the differences in the length of day phases, I don't see how that is anymore TMI than a reasonable conclusion based on the comparison presented by HEM. The only way it makes sense is if george is scum, and he slipped that I am town since he knows I am town. But that sounds flimsy.

➳ Now onto the spoiled PBP analysis, whats the point in including words like "weird/interesting/hmm" etc. for an analysis and then not explain why they are such interesting bits? None of that actually explains anything AI, and only serves as fluff if you arent going to actually use those posts for anything AI.
It is how much time you spent on it. In particular - . Digging into their motivations seemed completely unnecessary at this point. It is possible, however, that my interpretation is biased by the fact that I am reading with the knowledge that they are hard claiming.

In Blitz one you went in circles for days regarding the Night action plan and why it was best to lynch you. You were so fixated on it and I had to skim past it because of how unnecessary it was.

Regarding the TMI, in he is assigning intent behind your posts. There is a difference between saying:

"He's literally just been asking questions" and
"He's literally just been asking questions to get people to be more transparent with their reads."

Having insight into your intent is what is TMI. Similarly, in he is presuming to know the reason why you are playing differently. This is especially weird because you already stated why you are playing differently, and that was not it. It is also weird because, while yes HEM brought up that newbie game as an
example
, his larger point was that you were playing different
in general
. George played with you in the previous Blitz, so the logic that your playstyle difference is due to the pacing does not hold up. He is focusing on the inconsequential difference between this and the newbie game, rather than the bigger point that HEM was trying to make. This indicates to me that he is not genuinely sorting you.

I would not call the spoiled bit an analysis. My analysis is the non-spoiled bit. The spoiler is just for the sake of transparency, it is not there to communicate my thoughts. However, I am providing them so that you can see where my train of thought is at a given time and as a reference to the points I make in my evaluation.
In post 532, HoldenGolden wrote:I'm even more confused. You also in your catch up called plenty of my posts good/townie, so why do you assume that Hoctac's locktown post from earlier is the only reason someone could be townreading me?
Because I have not seen an indication that he has still been attempting to sort you since that post.
In post 534, HoldenGolden wrote:How is directly questioning them and trying to figure out the motivation behind the stunt they pulled if scum (the neighbor theorizing posts) indirect doubting
Because you were puzzling it out, whereas Monkey just said he did not believe it.
In post 536, HoldenGolden wrote:I get a feeling your read on me is stronger based on how you reconfirmed it without being asked to Hoctac here
Your feeling is incorrect. As you pointed out, I have gotten a number of town impressions from your posts as well, and they are stronger than those I have gotten from George.
In post 536, HoldenGolden wrote:So why not vote and pressure me directly?
I do not vote until I am ready to lynch. See Blitz I, Totally Real Food, and Hard Boiled Eggs.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 535, Hoctac wrote:Madoka, is there a reason why you're not skimming the thread as you normally would and instead only methodically catching up over time? Is this a playstyle choice?
I make altercations to my playstyle from game to game. Partly so that I can mask tonal differences when I am scum and partly because I enjoy experimenting. For example, in this game I am making an effort to not use contractions (e.g. "I'm," "it's") outside of my pbp, though I keep slipping up. However, the methodical style is my preferred way of playing and I made this account specifically for using it.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 284, Hoctac wrote:They're only gonna progressively get better since your submission
Not if I can help it :P
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Don't you dare

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
not yet sentient
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Madoka »

Ok, I am all caught up!
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Madoka »

Less than 14 hours. I am quite sleepy and so not up to doing a thorough summary, but here are my notes:

Spoiler:
252 nai makes sense
253 nai
256 nai
257 nai
260 nai
da: not good
262 nai
264 nai maybe townish
267 nai
268 nai
ho: why are you still scumhunting masonssss
272 nai
da: i honestly cant buy that you dont believe the claim at this point. I also dont buy that you believe I am pushing in bad faith. You referenced me pushing you similarly before and you keep addressing me as if i am town
274 nai
da: this is example, you are drawing a comparison between this situation and when I pushed you similarly as confirmed town. This doesn't seem like the type of perspective a person who thinks I am pushing in bad faith would have
278 nai
da: town impression
301 nai
312 nai
hi: i agree with his point on hem on second read
321 nai
332 nai
335 nai
hi: hiraki's points are fair
349 nai
351 nai
355 nai
360 nai consistent
hi: thoughts are uncharacteristically clear and agreeable.
370 sh: not a lot said here
375 nai
382 i am going to miss shiki ]:
384 nai
hi: good tone, first point is indeed a stretch though, and he seems to be much more level headed and articulate than usual.
da: woah this gave me butterflies. not in a warmfuzzies sort of way, but in an omg its scum! sort of way. datisi's joke_annoyance with hoctac's shenanigans reads really fake to me, like he is trying to hold onto the perspective that the mason claim could still be untrue. It's scum faking ignorance. + for using the god-tier symbol though: the tilde. reading further, the whoa mindmeld looks fake too. reading further, datasi has now done what i believe to be a guranteed scum tell. i thought he did it earlier too but he had a reasonable explanation for it
409 nai but also bussy/oportunistic
ho: i dont see how town george would be lazy, but the rest of this post is good especially the last two lines
hi: ping -- hiraki has spoken positively about both me and shiki
ge: good tone
425 nai
428 nai
429 nervous
430 nai
da: no it isnt
hi: i didnt pick up that hiraki spoke positivly of umlaut as well. this is very much out of character from what ive seen of hiraki. albeit ive only been in two games.
da: i have reach confirmation bias point and can no longer read any of datisi's post without scumreading, so i am going to stop including them unless they are particularly notable.
444 nai
ge: iioa
451 nai
452 nvm ill still include them, nai
453 nai and good question
ge: WHAT?! This gave me goosebumps. Not the ooo that's nice kind. The woah this is pretty suspect kind. Why can't it by T v T?
459 cont.
456 cont..
ho: townie
463 wait literal goats?
464 nai
ge: what happened to preferring hem and feeling weary about the hiraki wagon?? (457)
hi: town indicative -- the counting bit
468 nai
ge: ok fair explanation to 466
475 nai
sh: im not sure what shiki means here
487 nai
489 nai
492 nai
494 nai
496 nai
497 nai
583 naiisuppose
516 nai
517 nai
523 nai
525 good
ho: seems very fair
530 nai
532 nai
534 good
536 nai
537 really like tone of this interaction

I guess I will lay out the essential stuff:

♡ I feel fairly confident datisi is scum (see note 404).
♡ I feel more positively about holden from our interaction.
♡ I still think HEM is town. I do not think the points on Hiraki are AI though.
♡ I think Hiraki may be image managing this game. He tends to be quite mean, but he has complimented me, shiki, and umlaut in some form. He also seems to be playing less assertively. This is not substantial enough to lynch him though. I think most of his content is reasonable. He misinterpreted HEM it seems, but I don't see that as AI. Not really having a solid scum read other than HEM is the biggest negative.
♡ George making HEM vs Hiraki as only T v S is really scummy.

I think lynching Datisi, George, and Hiraki in that order wins it.

VOTE: Datisi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by Datisi »

let's start with george then.

VOTE: george
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 12:09 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 543, Madoka wrote:
I think Hiraki may be image managing this game.
He tends to be quite mean, but he has complimented me, shiki, and umlaut in some form. He also seems to be playing less assertively. This is not substantial enough to lynch him though. I think most of his content is reasonable. He misinterpreted HEM it seems, but I don't see that as AI. Not really having a solid scum read other than HEM is the biggest negative.
I think you hit the nail on the head with image managing. I felt something like that with Hiraki's play. But why is that is not AI to you? IMO that's a big indicator that he's careful about what he's seen as.

When I scanned Hiraki's games, he is not above compliments. He is constantly positive to people who he thinks he
vibe
with — aka people who agree with his reads.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 am

If Hiraki is scum, the partner definitely didn't bus.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 am

GeorgeBailey (5) - Umlaut, HoldenGolden, Hiraki, Hoctac, Datisi -
LYNCH

Hiraki (2) - humaneatingmonkey, GeorgeBailey
Datisi (1) - Madoka