marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:05 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1282, Gammagooey wrote:@Marci - since you're voting me how do you feel about my not-you reads? Or my votes yesterday after it become clear that you weren't going to get elim'd that game day? Do you think I'm more likely to be scum given the flips, and/or that anyone else is more likely to be town b/c of them?
i think ur playing it safe with ur reads, enchant, dwlee, lavar were ur votes other than me, and all people who aren't making too much noise in the thread
In post 601, Gammagooey wrote:I personally feel like if VPB is scum it isn't because of the reasons Fey+fire are bringing up about picking fights and calling fire's push ridiculous. I think he's being reasonable in his responses and the cheekiness/pushiness/whatever you want to call it is just VPB being VPB. Like I don't think I'm actually good at reading VPB until a couple flips happen and I can see where he was pushing and when/why, but I've played with VPB in enough games over the last decade to get a decent understanding of his posting personality at least.
this reads a bit like ur trying to buddy buddy vip balter.
In post 1010, Gammagooey wrote:also also would like to hear more from LLD & Mala before deadline, but I get that they have RL circumstances to deal with atm so they do not get placed in the category with Dunn+Enchant of "would happily throw them off an quickly moving airship"
this seems kinda fake imo since i didnt see u really try to follow up w it?
In post 1213, Gammagooey wrote:-Don't reeeeally get why Dunn's coming up now when I think he would have been imo a better counterwagon to Lavar than Dwlee was yesterday but whatever
i think this is pretty convient of u to say, as u didnt really push overly hard in dunns direction, i feel like u were more focused on the bandwagons.

its pretty clear imo that ur just hopping from easy wagon to easy wagon

- :good: -
In post 1285, Bell wrote:
In post 1239, marcistar wrote:VOTE: gammagooey
?
hes stinky imo
In post 1289, Meuh wrote:These posts suck and have vibes of Marci trying to emulate her town game :shifty:
Her entire day 2 just reads like someone trying to manufacture content out no actual. A bunch of questions to other people and a naked vote.
why r u acting like its abnormal for me to do this when im completly lost? i do this all the time
In post 1293, Meuh wrote:Oh cool, she just dropped it entirely
Marci's favourite hobby is throwing slight scumreads on her partners and not following through with them...
nah, thats my 2nd fave hobby.

also like lol "snippet from a past game" ur using a game thats over a year old and acting like i couldn't have changed my style at all since then (iirc my first scumgame on site), like maybe i haven't yeah, but why not use a more recent game like holiday dance party to try and make a case on why im scum? i think ur just tunneling on me and trying to justify ur read in any way that you can.
In post 1296, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: gorilla

started okay, mostly fell off, vote on lavar kind of bad, not a lot of scumhunting.
i dont like this post
In post 1371, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1229, marcistar wrote:why was datisi town... i really thought he was scum :sob: :sob: i feel so useless maybe i shouldnt be so one minded
we all know you're scum Marci you can drop the act
why dont u vote me then if ur so certain? :>
i know for a fact im town so lolol get better reads cakez
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.1

FLAVOR
"What's this I got in the mail? Manslaughter charges? For what?", asked a flabbergasted Elon.

"Well, you twice shot a cannon at a person, which resulted in the totally foreseeable and preventable death of a human being." said the Los Angeles District Attorney, speaking over the phone.

"It was an accident, and they were behind glass! Strong glass!"

"Hence why we're charging you with manslaughter instead of murder. You're expected to appear at your arraignment on Friday, Elon."

"This is total bullshit. We already paid the family to settle, even though it totally wasn't our fault. Lavar knew the risk when they stepped in the car." Elon is stunned. The government truly tries to get in the way of innovation and progress at every turn.

"That was a civil case. This is criminal. You never told them you were firing a cannon at them, and you instead are on record as telling the deceased "Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about". I think there was plenty to worry about for a reasonable person.", replied the DA.

"Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. I wasn't even the one who fired that cannon!" Elon hangs up, and briefly considers throwing his phone. He remembers it is the key to making this problem go away, and instead opens up Twitter. He knows exactly how to fix this.

...But man, just think of the headlines! No such thing as bad publicity!

PlayerVotes
gorilla
(4)
Enchant (1291), Meuh (1292), Dunnstral (1296), Rhyme and Reason (1301)
Meuh
(4)
Fey (1168), VP Baltar (1221), fireisredsir (1348), Kovu (1360)
SirCakez
(2)
Lukewarm (1195), Val89 (1196)
Val89
(1)
SirCakez (1165)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (1175)
Enchant
(1)
Gammagooey (1213)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Not Voting
(3)
Bell, Malakittens, Dwlee99

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-12 15:30:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1334, Val89 wrote:
In post 1328, gorilla wrote:"you're reading me wrong so you're scum" is not exactly the most convincing of cases.
"You are reading me wrong when you managed read Lavar (who appeared was being treated very similarly to me) correctly with an huge degree of confidence, so you're more likely scum than a player with excellent reads in these circumstances" is convincing, at least for me.
I don't think Lavar and you were really comparable because a wagon never got going on you and you're clearly posting differently then Lavar was
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1352, Lukewarm wrote:Did not mean to hit submit lol.

Cakez, a while back I did a bunch of meta to calculate Dunns dat 1 activity compared to his alignment, and found fairly consistently that he was more active as scum and more likely to just lurk our day 1 as town

It is not 100%, but across a multitude of games as both alignments, it was a pretty clear trend.

I do not think that the meta point you are making about Dunn is valid in any way.

I have found that Dunn activity level is pretty clearly tied to how invested he is in a game. That is independent from gis alignment but being scum inherently make him more invested, although he can get invested day 1 in games as town as well if for example he is excited by the set up or the player list.
I'm not arguing meta based on activity anymore
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

I have 0 interest in a gorilla wagon
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1375, marcistar wrote:
In post 1289, Meuh wrote:These posts suck and have vibes of Marci trying to emulate her town game :shifty:
Her entire day 2 just reads like someone trying to manufacture content out no actual. A bunch of questions to other people and a naked vote.
why r u acting like its abnormal for me to do this when im completly lost? i do this all the time
Marci's favourite hobby is throwing slight scumreads on her partners and not following through with them...

also like lol "snippet from a past game" ur using a game thats over a year old and acting like i couldn't have changed my style at all since then (iirc my first scumgame on site), like maybe i haven't yeah, but why not use a more recent game like holiday dance party to try and make a case on why im scum? i think ur just tunneling on me and trying to justify ur read in any way that you can.
Do you? I don't really recall you forcing your general vibe/posting style in the past tbh

The game I immediately went to was that one since it's the only scumgame of yours I've actually played, so I understand more properly the context of it all.
My argument was kinda weak though, at that moment it was kind like my suspicion on you + my reevaluation on Gorilla happening at the same time and it felt like I was connecting the dots and getting somewhere regarding my reads. So yeah I was tunnel-visioned. Still don't really feel great about either of you, though.

Do you think I'm scum, Marci?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1373, SirCakez wrote:Where is Bell's "role confirmation"?
It came through Baltar
In post 1216, VP Baltar wrote:Can confirm Bell's confirmed town (even if I think we could have kept the guessing game going longer, but anyhow)
@Baltar, can you explicitly say how you are sure that he is confirmed town? My guess was Friendly Neighbor, but don't see the benefit of being non-explicit of what it is here.

In post 1378, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1352, Lukewarm wrote:Did not mean to hit submit lol.

Cakez, a while back I did a bunch of meta to calculate Dunns dat 1 activity compared to his alignment, and found fairly consistently that he was more active as scum and more likely to just lurk our day 1 as town

It is not 100%, but across a multitude of games as both alignments, it was a pretty clear trend.

I do not think that the meta point you are making about Dunn is valid in any way.

I have found that Dunn activity level is pretty clearly tied to how invested he is in a game. That is independent from gis alignment but being scum inherently make him more invested, although he can get invested day 1 in games as town as well if for example he is excited by the set up or the player list.
I'm not arguing meta based on activity anymore
Well... it really seemed like it in the post I was responding to
In post 1305, SirCakez wrote:Dunn really fell off towards EoD1. Feels more like his scum meta again now

If you were not talking about activity level, what were you referring to here.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Marci, can you make a post on your read on Meuh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Dang, y'all got busy since last night. Catching up here.
In post 1251, Meuh wrote:I was being hyperbolic, kind of was my intent at the start of the day to get people shaken up immediately and it seems to have worked considering the spooky threat VPB made
I don't think you're shaking things up so much as saying pointless things. The "threat" i made to you was intended as a breadcrumb that I had information and to make you squirm. Bell unfortunately spilled the beans too fast.
In post 1259, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1255, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1234, Dunnstral wrote:now that we've established that VP Balter is wrong and bad
When I read your alignment incorrectly, you can use this line. Am I reading your alignment wrong?
No but you got to it in the wrong way. It's like you incorrectly flipped my alignment twice and the result is that you got me as town, but you still used two faulty premise that should both make you think the other way. And combined they cancelled out.

I think activity is bad meta on me. I've shown that I can be active as both town and scum, and inactive as both town and scum.

I think you may have brought this up in another game, with me also saying you were wrong in that game
It's actually kind of weird Dunn is getting so twisted about me reading his alignment correctly for the "wrong" reasons. What is the point of this honestly?
In post 1268, fireisredsir wrote:i personally found them town was cause i liked their read on cakez who at the time i thought was likely scum, and said that if I was wrong on cakez then RR would be less towny
Current read on Cakez?
In post 1276, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1272, Kovu wrote:hmm ok frick I might be wrong on fire... shouldn't have outed that.. rip but SS AN Mena doing nothing? like that case I still firmly believe in, so I'll just stay therefor a bit, cause this silence from everyone has me thinking fire might be town, cause scum is not going to disrupt TvT arguments..

VOTE: RR

I'll figure my life out later, but this is definitely scum
No bad.

*squirts water bottle*
Why is this bad? IDGI
In post 1283, Rhyme and Reason wrote:
In post 1163, Meuh wrote:Baltar immediately taking advantage of the death to shade other people
Is that bad? Wouldn't a townie be looking to derive new information from the flip?
In post 1174, gorilla wrote:Fairly puzzled by the nightkill. I think the fact that it was on someone who had barely posted at all is likely a sign that scum are feeling comfortable.
Yes, but I'm not really sure what scumteam wouldn't be feeling comfortable here, or who could really be killed to allay that discomfort even if they were. LLD is a pretty scary player if town, most people here probably know that, so I don't really think it can be read into that much.
In post 1177, Val89 wrote:all I can say is I didn't understand the purpose of the posting gimmick
I saw the reference to it in the setup post, thought it would be funny, then decided it would be a great way to keep our post count down (as a hydra in a post-limited game I was worried about using up too many of our posts and depriving my partner of the ability to say more valuable things). He loved it and then that was that. But then we were both V/LA for three days anyway so the postcount thing was moot :P
In post 1178, Fey wrote:I also think LLD dying here means that she was the nightkill who shot Datisi, rather than the other way around.
This is mildly +town I think
In post 1180, Meuh wrote:huh in what way? in my mind scum would avoid killing people who scumread them, so they don't die
This seems like reasonably sound logic, though not 100% conclusive. Not necessarily for all time, but on Night 1, after a mislim, it probably is something scum can afford to think about, since they were likely feeling comfortable anyway.
In post 1238, fireisredsir wrote:my first reaction to this post was "well, dunn is town" but tbh showing up only after people start pushing on him means i proooobably shouldn't let him off that easy, even though i want to. idk
Dunn is being super super Dunn this game. Normally he is quiet and witty and down-to-earth, and I feel like he's doing all those things more than he usually does. Maybe just because I haven't played with him in a while.

My approach to him is generally "keep him around a while because he's usually good for the gamestate and then he'll either die or get sorted mechanically", however I feel like I very often die early when he's scum, so I'm not sure that that approach is actually that effective. Fortunately I'm only half of this hydra so maybe Mena will have a better idea.
In post 1264, Kovu wrote:there were many times Mena was like "I need to talk to ss about that" umm excuse me.. SS voted lava, and ss never told you why? like fire and I were literally discussing reads yet apparently mena and SS weren't, SS and mena conviniently had no reaction to the Dwlee wagon?
no, he was pretty absent for most of the day yesterday so we never really discussed anything in private. I generally don't feel the need to talk about reads privately with my hydra partner, I can just post my reads in the thread instead.

Why is having no reaction to the Dwlee wagon convenient? Wouldn't it be more convenient to have a reaction that would later be shown to be right? (i.e. "this wagon is bad, dwlee is town" if they are town, or "this is a good wagon" if they are scum)

-Reason
This post is a whole lot of words to do very little scumhunting.

------------------

I actually cant believe there are multiple people on mafiascum-dot-net calling Cakez town because he said D1 was "ass." Legit the stupidest shit I've heard in a long time, and each time I read it, it is like space lasers in my eyes. Cakez pushed multiple confirmed towns D1 (Datisi, Bell) and was absolutely way too confident about a lavar read. That is not a reason to townread someone.

---------------------
In post 1292, Meuh wrote:
In post 202, gorilla wrote:The reasoning for marci being scum seems rather tenuous to me. Of course maybe I'm just too dumb to understand it. That happens a lot.
Gorilla/Marci S/S?

VOTE: Gorilla
I'm willing to try this out Enchant, don't let me down
Why are you sheeping enchant?
In post 1298, gorilla wrote:
In post 1295, Meuh wrote:
In post 1294, gorilla wrote:Making a vote on me because you think I
could
be scum with marci seems rather backwards, no?
I skimmed your ISO and it's a whole lot of questions with no follow-up to look busy and for the amount of posts you've made, there's not much that actually looks like scumhunting.
I think I've been acting with a purpose for most of the game and if you can't see that, that's your problem. I was wrong on Lavar but I took a chance and swung there, still think it was an entirely reasonable day 1 kill and I'm not terribly convinced any of the other wagons on day 1 were on the right track.

I've been keeping a lot of my reads to my notes and only mentioned them when necessary, but I'm pretty sure I
have
mentioned them. However, I've also openly been bored with the game since mid day 1, so I don't necessarily blame you if I feel like I'm "not doing much". But it's still on you to actually learn to read people better, if you're town.
Do you think Meuh is town?
In post 1301, Rhyme and Reason wrote:I think that it's decently clearing for dwlee that lld was the kill
I don't follow. explain.

In post 1315, Meuh wrote:Since when am I sheeping? I already said Enchant's vote prompted me to reevaluate you, and I drew my own conclusions from there.
omfg, is this supposed to be tstbs?
In post 1319, Kovu wrote:I think it's very interesting, like you guys are all "just invictus enchant!!" or "enchant is scum!!!" just enchant goes "Gorilla maf" and now all of a sudden everyone is like "yeah!!" like, why did you have to wait for enchant for you to actually do something?
"Since when am I sheeping? I already said..."
ummm you waited for enchant.. yeah it falls into the category of sheeping, like, sure I definitely agree with gorilla being suspicious. for sure. but this wagon coming from a town (collective unit) where many yall are actively like "enchant isn't town!!" like, that feels really odd to me, also as long as gorilla continues to be like one of the only ones actively doing anything, I'm not voting gorilla d2
hard agree with all this.
In post 1321, SirCakez wrote:I hate that Luke is using me being correct about my Lavar read as the reason because it's like saying that I wasn't actually good enough to have just read Lavar correctly
To me, it's not that you were correct, but that you came to that town read very strongly without very good reasoning, and that you're now trying to use being correct on Lavar as a cudgel. You're playing an angle on that wagon that is very convenient if you're scum.
In post 1322, gorilla wrote:I think enchant is relatively likely to be town based on a few things he's said
Can I get you to cite your work here, please.
In post 1332, gorilla wrote:I'm not really close to clearing dwlee, I'm just not sure they're who I want to wagon right away today based on the nightkill.
WIFOMing the NK is stupid, especially one as devoid of information as LLD. This exact discussion is its own reason why an LLD kill would have been a good idea.
In post 1336, Rhyme and Reason wrote:That said, I do think that NKA can be pretty powerful when done right, all the more so when scum don't see it coming. I haven't actually reread LLD's ISO to figure out how telegraphed a Dwlee invictus was, but if it was extremely telegraphed, I think that definitely is a point in Dwlee's favor.
The ISO is like 6 posts. Why are you spouting off on something so much if you haven't even read it?
In post 1338, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1301, Rhyme and Reason wrote:Who here is familiar with lld? Because given how little she'd done so far, I think that kill is much more likely to come from someone who knows her reputation. Here, the main names that occur to me are gorilla/dunn/Bell/Baltar/Cakez. Bell is clear, seemingly, so that leaves me with a likely scum in (gorilla/dunn/Cakez).
this seems extremely narrow to me in an odd way. LLD is a fairly known player on site, ive never played with her and yet i know her reputation. i would be surprised if other people in this game who have been around longer than i have don't have that same experience. why not Fey, dwlee, even luke, or VP/gamma (i remember VP and gamma talking to LLD in the signup thread in a familiar way)? and at that point you're at 9 names and saying that there is most likely to be 1 scum in 9 people is... not super useful. of course it's actually 10, but it makes sense that you would exclude yourself

the main point though is how you managed to narrow that list down to those 3 or 4. given no further explanation as to why certain names were excluded, it seems intentional
+1
In post 1365, Meuh wrote:
In post 1350, Lukewarm wrote:@Meuh, your points on page 52 felt like solid enough reasons for you to think that marci is scum, and I can even see where you got to gorilla being a possible partner - but why in this scenario would you go for gorilla first over marci?
3 reasons:

1. I think we get more info out of pressuring Gorilla, who has mostly been left alone this game, than Marci, who’s been pushed a bunch already. It felt like it’d contribute more and advance the game more to vote for Gorilla. (which I stand by, Gorilla’s last few posts are juicier info than whatever Marci’s response would’ve been)
2. I’m interested in giving more merit to the ideas low activity players are putting out, to hopefully make them engage with the game more and/or get info on that player from the way the push goes from there. Similar to why I decided to vote with Lavar in .
3. Until we’re at a stage at the day where we’re headed towards is to lim someone, I like having some high impact votes, and that vote on Gorilla would be high impact. For the way it goes against a lot of people’s views on the game, and also since Enchant already had a vote there, making it more meaningful.
garbage
In post 1373, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1229, marcistar wrote:why was datisi town... i really thought he was scum :sob: :sob: i feel so useless maybe i shouldnt be so one minded
In post 1236, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1165, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: val89
Do you scumread Dwlee?
Where is Bell's "role confirmation"?
I received a message from the mod overnight confirming Bell. He is clearly a friendly neighbor. (Answer's Luke's request as well)
In post 1375, marcistar wrote:vip balter.
town
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:55 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1383, VP Baltar wrote:I actually cant believe there are multiple people on mafiascum-dot-net calling Cakez town because he said D1 was "ass." Legit the stupidest shit I've heard in a long time, and each time I read it, it is like space lasers in my eyes. Cakez pushed multiple confirmed towns D1 (Datisi, Bell) and was absolutely way too confident about a lavar read. That is not a reason to townread someone.
I swear it's not that simplistic. I'll maybe get into it at some point.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:14 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1380, Meuh wrote:

Do you? I don't really recall you forcing your general vibe/posting style in the past tbh

The game I immediately went to was that one since it's the only scumgame of yours I've actually played, so I understand more properly the context of it all.
My argument was kinda weak though, at that moment it was kind like my suspicion on you + my reevaluation on Gorilla happening at the same time and it felt like I was connecting the dots and getting somewhere regarding my reads. So yeah I was tunnel-visioned. Still don't really feel great about either of you, though.

Do you think I'm scum, Marci?
no, i dont think scum would be confident enough to push a shitty meta read

i also think ur just spilling ur thoughts as they come to u and u arent scared of backlash.

i dont see u as scum openly backing a miselim like that

i just think ur an idiot
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Meuh »

UNVOTE:
I need to reconsider
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1381, Lukewarm wrote:If you were not talking about activity level, what were you referring to here.
His post quality
Ex; his vote on Lavar
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1383, VP Baltar wrote:To me, it's not that you were correct, but that you came to that town read very strongly without very good reasoning, and that you're now trying to use being correct on Lavar as a cudgel. You're playing an angle on that wagon that is very convenient if you're scum.
Huh? Where have I done this? All I've done is scumhunted based on who looked like scum pushing Lavar my stance on it was irrelevant to that sort of scumhunting
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's literally what you're doing with dunn. You just posted about.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1383, VP Baltar wrote:Current read on Cakez?
i was kinda starting to think i was overreacting to what i thought was very scummy d1 play, buuut then now i think i may have been viewing the game somewhat wrong overall and am re-evaluating. so... im not sure, i guess. there's a reason why im hesitant on him and its probably dumb, purely off his own play i scumread him
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Changed the grouping of marci's questions/comments to answer 'em a bit more succinctly
In post 1282, Gammagooey wrote:@Marci - since you're voting me how do you feel about my not-you reads? Or my votes yesterday after it become clear that you weren't going to get elim'd that game day? Do you think I'm more likely to be scum given the flips, and/or that anyone else is more likely to be town b/c of them?
i think ur playing it safe with ur reads, enchant, dwlee, lavar were ur votes other than me, and all people who aren't making too much noise in the thread
That's kind of fair - you're pretty much the only medium/strong scum read I had yesterday aside from Bell who claimed fairly early on, and pretty much all the other votes I had were just "I like this wagon better than the Lavar wagon". (and my Lavar vote was both after the hammer and only to make sure an actual elim happened that day). Meuh and Dunn and Val were slight scum reads for me yesterday that I wasn't particularly confident on, and I felt that you were a better elim than any of those 3. Dwlee was basically "sure this can maybe happen by deadline and I think it's got a better chance of flipping scum than Lavar at least", I don't have any confidence on my ability to read him with how limited his posting's been so far.
In post 1010, Gammagooey wrote:also also would like to hear more from LLD & Mala before deadline, but I get that they have RL circumstances to deal with atm so they do not get placed in the category with Dunn+Enchant of "would happily throw them off an quickly moving airship"
this seems kinda fake imo since i didnt see u really try to follow up w it?
In post 1213, Gammagooey wrote:-Don't reeeeally get why Dunn's coming up now when I think he would have been imo a better counterwagon to Lavar than Dwlee was yesterday but whatever
i think this is pretty convient of u to say, as u didnt really push overly hard in dunns direction, i feel like u were more focused on the bandwagons.

its pretty clear imo that ur just hopping from easy wagon to easy wagon

- :good: -
LLD said they were sick and Mala said they were at a funeral that day. I'm not going to badger people to play in a mafia game over dealing with actual real life problems. Enchant I very briefly tried to get voted yesterday (real-life, not game-day) and am voting now. Game Day 1 There were several people commenting that they thought Dunn was town and I didn't think voting them would actually be helpful at all, esp. considering that you stayed a major wagon until the last 2 real-life days or so if I remember correctly, and I had a stronger scumread on you than him. I'll be happy to vote him now though, even if I don't get what changed for other people from yesterday to today on him he is still a pretty good vote imo.
VOTE: Dunn
marci wrote:
In post 601, Gammagooey wrote:I personally feel like if VPB is scum it isn't because of the reasons Fey+fire are bringing up about picking fights and calling fire's push ridiculous. I think he's being reasonable in his responses and the cheekiness/pushiness/whatever you want to call it is just VPB being VPB. Like I don't think I'm actually good at reading VPB until a couple flips happen and I can see where he was pushing and when/why, but I've played with VPB in enough games over the last decade to get a decent understanding of his posting personality at least.
this reads a bit like ur trying to buddy buddy vip balter.
Already answered a question from VPB similar to this, but I do like VPB as a person & a player a lot and if being his buddy is wrong I don't wanna be right
Spoiler: reponse to VPB's question earlier for context/reference
In post 756, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 620, VP Baltar wrote:
I feel like you're doing a good amount of soft defending me, which I don't really mind I guess, but why? What's your read on Fey right now as well?
I feel like from a non-you outside perspective I'd be waffling on you more than soft-defending, I've got one post telling Lukewarm that you shouldn't be on his do-not-kill list and another not that long after saying that you aren't scum for the reasons two people are giving out

I generally enjoy playing with you a think you're definitely in the upper half of players in terms of skill level in the game, I'd feel shitty if I let you get run up instead of pointing out things said about you that I think are pretty likely objectively wrong, even if you are still just a barely nulltown read of mine at the moment.

Fey's a slightly town read just b/c none of her posts have pinged me as scummy at all so far, but I also have been periodically forgetting that she's in the game at all until a post of hers pops up when I'm looking for things other people mention. Feels a little similar to her lategame in Slaughter Hour when peta+Taly drowned the game in noise and she just peacefully checked out, but I know she's a competent player and I'm expecting her to be more of a presence in the next couple gamedays.

In post 1296, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: gorilla

started okay, mostly fell off, vote on lavar kind of bad, not a lot of scumhunting.
i dont like this post
I agree! Would you like to join me on Dunn? Or would you prefer to talk about something else? I do actually appreciate you going over your thoughts on me in a bit more detail, but if you have thoughts about who's more/less likely scum given the flips of LLD/Datisi or if you have any strong townreads you want to share I'd like to hear that too.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Gammagooey »

messed up pronouns, my b dwlee

corrected version:
In post 1391, Gammagooey wrote:Dwlee was basically "sure this can maybe happen by deadline and I think it's got a better chance of flipping scum than Lavar at least", I don't have any confidence on my ability to read them with how limited their posting's been so far.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1391, Gammagooey wrote:(and my Lavar vote was both after the hammer and only to make sure an actual elim happened that day)
why DID you vote after the hammer?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Someone (I think Bell) asked to make sure that we didn't have a no elim because of Lavar possibly being loved (taking an extra vote to elim), & making sure unclaimed wacky role bullshit doesn't cause a no elim is basically no-risk all-reward
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1391, Gammagooey wrote:That's kind of fair - you're pretty much the only medium/strong scum read I had yesterday aside from Bell who claimed fairly early on, and pretty much all the other votes I had were just "I like this wagon better than the Lavar wagon". (and my Lavar vote was both after the hammer and only to make sure an actual elim happened that day). Meuh and Dunn and Val were slight scum reads for me yesterday that I wasn't particularly confident on, and I felt that you were a better elim than any of those 3. Dwlee was basically "sure this can maybe happen by deadline and I think it's got a better chance of flipping scum than Lavar at least", I don't have any confidence on my ability to read him with how limited his posting's been so far.
so were u just tryna push a wagon thru?
In post 1391, Gammagooey wrote:Game Day 1 There were several people commenting that they thought Dunn was town and I didn't think voting them would actually be helpful at all, esp. considering that you stayed a major wagon until the last 2 real-life days or so if I remember correctly, and I had a stronger scumread on you than him. I'll be happy to vote him now though, even if I don't get what changed for other people from yesterday to today on him he is still a pretty good vote imo.
VOTE: Dunn
i dont really believe this, it reads just like an excuse. why would u care what everyone else thinks if ur genuinely trying to hunt? "stronger read on me than him" fair point though but ur read on me is trash soo
In post 1391, Gammagooey wrote: I agree! Would you like to join me on Dunn? Or would you prefer to talk about something else? I do actually appreciate you going over your thoughts on me in a bit more detail, but if you have thoughts about who's more/less likely scum given the flips of LLD/Datisi or if you have any strong townreads you want to share I'd like to hear that too.
no sorry, i dont want to join my scumread on a wagon, shocker there.

im not sure who is/isnt scum based on deaths, im not too good at nka, so i havent even tried that shit. do u have any thoughts?
like lld hasnt posted much so im not sure how ANYONE could draw any conclusion from the kill, like "its prob a kill based on her meta" is prob the best thing ive seen on that topic but ???? that totally limits down the list SO MUCH, like all it takes is for 1 scum to know her meta and then the rest will be chirping birds.

is enchant scum likely at all? i haven't paid attention to them all game i feel like
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 1395, marcistar wrote:no sorry, i dont want to join my scumread on a wagon, shocker there.
Why not?
and if Gamma wasn’t on the wagon, would you jump on it?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1395, marcistar wrote:is enchant scum likely at all?
Yes, it is likely.
YOUR AD HERE

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by marcistar »

nah i like my gamma vote much more :good:
why would i jump on the dunn wagon when i have all i need right here?

might eventually depending on if dunn seems scummier than gamma but like
gamma > dunn rn imo
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1397, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1395, marcistar wrote:is enchant scum likely at all?
Yes, it is likely.
oh why did u think so?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”