Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: alisae
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by RH9 »

Umm.
Cakez, we're in the swing phase.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by RH9 »

Hopefully, Jingle doesn't count that as a proposal.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by RH9 »

Oops.
Wrong thread.

v/la every weekend

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Prism »

I am aware of the above posts and think they require no action.

I am currently out. Flip to come later tonight/early morning tomorrow.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.4

Contracts are important to the economic function of society, specifically the enforcement of contracts and the ability of parties to rely on it. Imagine making specialized gears for a buyer without being guaranteed they'll pay you for them, working for an employer without a legal guarantee of future payment, or merging two large companies without an extensive enforceable agreement on the terms of acquisition. (Here's looking at you, Elon!)

At the end of the day, though, a contract is a promise, and it turns out we don't really want to enforce a lot of promises, like those made on the spur of the moment, or those that are entirely unilateral and intended as gifts. One example of a gift promise would be telling my nephew I'd buy him a Hot Wheels car, only to remember I already spent all of my money at Isis's Riverside Pub. Stop crying, there's always next year!

One of the critical elements of figuring out an enforceable contract as opposed to an unenforceable gift promise is the idea that there should be mutual exchange of value, whether that be money, an item, or a future service. This is called "consideration". The question in Hamer v. Sidway was determining what constitutes valuable consideration: William E. Story promised his young nephew a sizable lump of money if the nephew abstained "from drinking liquor, using tobacco, swearing, and playing cards or billiards for money until he should become 21 years of age".

The nephew kept his end of the bargain, and when he strayed from this straight and narrow path, he quickly found himself in debt. He gave his claim to the money to someone he owed money to, and when the uncle died, the lender tried to collect on the uncle's estate. The court had to evaluate whether the uncle's promise was an unenforceable gift promise or whether the nephew had given up "valuable consideration" and therefore this was an enforceable contract.

Long story short, it turns out that the nephew's abstention from such morally dubious actions constituted giving up something of value and thus this was an enforceable contract. Remember that next time a family member promises something for good behavior! (...But also remember also that this game's flavor is not legal advice from an attorney barred in any state!)

PlayerVotes
Alisae
(4)
Lukewarm (1289), Meuh (1332), Alisae (1508), SirCakez (1525)
Meuh
(1)
Dunnstral (1303)
Not Voting
(2)
GuiltyLion (1350), PookyTheMagicalBear (1466)

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 2 is over, stand by for resolution.

Combined Prism & fferyllt Mod ISO
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Prism »

Day 2 End

FLAVOR
The first semester is almost over, for better or for worse. The library's 2AM population continues to grow. At least two people have had their engagements called off. Reality has slipped out of grasp, the idea of life outside of law school a hazy and very distant memory.

Prism's hair has grown long and disheveled. A once-balanced diet has turned into a steady stream of Clif Bars and Uncrustables. Above the fray, sitting undeterred, has been his law school rock, Alisae. In a world of chaos, there is Alisae.

One day, e stops showing up. No one notices besides Prism: not the professors, not the other students. Completely nondescript and virtually a ghost, Alisae's loss is of little consequence to the law school. But to Prism and Prism alone, sanity hanging on by a thread, the loss is immense.

All that remains of Alisae is a text.

"I dunno. Seeing how miserable everyone else was made me think this wasn't for me. I talked to my girlfriend and we've decided to just go work at a fun board game cafe in Wisconsin instead. Good luck, I know you'll make a great attorney!"

Alisae has been eliminated! E was...

Spoiler: Alisae
The everyman of law school and its unsung hero. That's you.

You showed up here expecting to learn the law and write some stuff, and that's exactly what's happened for the most part. You read the cases, show up to lecture, and go home. You don't really know why everyone else has 7 extra textbooks for every class and at this point you're too scared to ask. You figure this isn't really that much different from undergrad, even though it's been awhile.

Sometimes when class gets boring you and Prism play around on Cool Math Games to pass the time. Law isn't the most exciting, but it's not bad really. It'd be nice to change some things one day. Hopefully you and your friends do well on the exams, but it's not like a B+ would be the end of the world.

You genuinely have no clue why you're in a Mafia game.

Alisae, you are
Tom
, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Prism Well-wishers

Abilities:
  • The Socratic Method:
    You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Win Condition:
  • You win when Prism passes his classes, and by that I mean when only players aligned with the Prism Well-wishers remain alive. At least one player aligned with the Prism Well-wishers must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Night 2 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2023-09-19 12:45:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Prism »

Day 3 Start

FLAVOR
"Every 1L gather in the main courtyard. One hour" read the single-line email from the dean. Huh. What could this be about?

After finishing lunch with friends, Prism trekked down the stairs. Things weren't going so hot, he thought, but it still wasn't the end of the world. The first memo didn't go well, but he'd have other chances. He still had time to catch up on his readings before finals. Plenty of time to turn things around. His thoughts swirled as he stepped into the courtyard, not at all ready for the main event.

The dean had arranged for a temporary platform in one of the corners and was standing at a podium. After quieting the gathering crowd of 1Ls, he began to speak into the microphone.

"Now as you all know, I hate being the dean. It comes with all sorts of administrative meetings that make me want to shoot spitballs at bureaucrats, but that's not the worst part of the job. This part is."

"Lukewarm, do you mind coming up on stage for me?" Luke, standing next to Prism, was one of his best pals. He could be a little intense and insecure, but he was a good guy at the heart of it. Prism was sure this wouldn't help Luke's anxiety, whatever it was, and felt a tinge of pity.

"Now everyone knows our US News rankings rise has been unprecedented. It's taken a lot of hard work to get here, both by the faculty and by the students. We all want you to succeed, but when someone doesn't keep up to the standards, it creates difficulties for all of us."

The dean continued. "Some of you seem to think that you can write horrible memos, real blights on society, and get away with little to no consequences. You might be telling yourself 'What's a C or F in the long run?', thinking you'll be all right at the end of the day even without good grades, a good job. There's always your parents' house, right?"

"Luke, would you move a little to the left? Thank you." Luke shuffled over nervously. Prism feels so bad for him. He must feel so humiliated right about now. Prism thinks about taking Luke for ice cream afterwards to console him.

"I am here to tell you you are wrong."

The dean reached under the podium, pulled out a gold-plated Desert Eagle, and fucking shot Lukewarm in the head.

Lukewarm has been eliminated! He was...

Spoiler: Lukewarm
Thanks so much for coming over tonight to study, Prism. I'm feeling so bad about Contracts. Oh my god that cold call from Jessica was brutal. I would have died if that were me. I didn't get called this time but I'm so glad I was ready just in case. I stayed up until 3 AM last night just doing practice problems. I'm glad I didn't go out last weekend, I'd never catch back up.

But man when Blake answered...I heard Blake read the entire textbook cover to cover over the summer. Say, what supplements are you reading Prism? You're a good dude but I don't know how you're going to pass if you don't highlight your book more. Why don't we study after Torts tomorrow?

I saw Nolan's notes and they were terrible. There's no way he's going to pass if he keeps doing that. He's not focusing on the right things, you know? It's all about focusing on the right things. My outline is up to 273 pages. If we don't apply to jobs this weekend we probably won't get anything for the summer. I heard all the good jobs are gone by week 3.

Vivek is so smart, way too smart. We've got to work harder if we're getting graded against Vivek. You know they say 1L fall is the most important. You should come over on Saturday and we'll work on Property together. Do you want to know who I saw studying in the library at 5 AM on Sunday last week?

...Leaving already? I know sleep's important man but I'm telling you, if you don't study more...

Lukewarm, you are
The Perpetually High-strung Stressball
, a
Town Two-shot Tracker
aligned with the
Prism Well-wishers

Abilities:
  • Two-shot Tracker:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM. Assuming no interference with your action, you will be told who that player targeted that night. This ability is two-shot.
  • The Socratic Method:
    You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Win Condition:
  • You win when Prism passes his classes, and by that I mean when only players aligned with the Prism Well-wishers remain alive. At least one player aligned with the Prism Well-wishers must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Day 3 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2023-09-29 14:30:00).
Last edited by Prism on Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.0

Oh holy shit.

Prism left the courtyard and booked it right back up the stairs and into the library to start on his memo. Forget the ice cream. The next memo is due next week.

As he settles into a desk, Anna arrives and helps herself to the adjoining one. She seems unbothered.

"I can't believe it took this long. I knew I should have went to Harvard. I heard they start doing it week 2," Anna says as she takes out her laptop and some pencils.

Prism sweats nervously. "Haha, yeah. They've gotta keep us motivated somehow, I guess."

Anna starts putting in headphones. "For real. I wrote such a bad memo but still got a 3.94 on it. I don't see how anyone fails out of here. It's like they can't even read."

Prism thinks about the printed memo in his bag, stamped with a "2.94" on top.

"Yeah, the memos are such a joke. I'm going to try and hammer mine out right now, so let's talk another time, okay?"

Oh god, what did the caselaw say? Is that really the right holding? Is the period after an "Id" citation italicized? Oh god oh fuck.

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(5)
SirCakez, Meuh, Dunnstral, PookyTheMagicalBear, GuiltyLion

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2023-09-29 14:30:00).

Combined Prism & fferyllt Mod ISO
Last edited by Prism on Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:25 am

Post by SirCakez »

It's gotta be GL/Meuh right
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

GL is the way to go today I think though, now that we know that Ali/rh9 was town
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm not scum

Cakez I think it is time for you to claim who you attempted to roleblock, when you did it, and why

I'm still leaning towards my Meuh/Dunn theory but that opening is not good Cakez
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1428, Alisae wrote: if a mafia dies on d1, town can essentially get 2 clears for basically free if a kill happens.
also Cakez do you have any thoughts on this

I still think it's extremely bizarre that both you and Dunn seem to have no issue with a 9 player set up containing all of a Tracker, Doctor, Roleblocker
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'm holding that info til everyone checks in
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

I don't have an issue with it when all of the roles are so limited
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

And look at the Luke flip. It lines up with Dunn and I's claims.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1536, GuiltyLion wrote: I'm still leaning towards my Meuh/Dunn theory but that opening is not good Cakez
Also this is so obviously telegraphing a move later and feels like a manufactured trajectory
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Meuh »

It’s just Dunn Pooky stop infighting
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1540, SirCakez wrote: And look at the Luke flip. It lines up with Dunn and I's claims.
In what way does Luke’s flip change anything that was literally his claim
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Meuh »

Maybe Dunn/GL but it’s Dunn either way
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1491, Meuh wrote:
In post 1182, Meuh wrote:
In post 1146, RH9 wrote:
In post 1142, Meuh wrote: One of my initial thoughts was that scum could have neapolitan, and that a miller would mess with their results rather than cop results, but that seems kinda silly? With no cop claim, I'm inclined to think they're just named townies at this point? No clue if this lines up with what Prism would do as a mod though
So, it'd figure one of Dunn/Cakez/GL isn't telling the truth, then?
Because Luke had no way of faking a result on Dunn, given he claimed first.
In post 1147, RH9 wrote: I mean at least one of them isn't if you/Pooky are actual Millers.
In this neapolitan world, Luke could fake a result on Dunn if they were both scum, but that would leave Cakez as the only town PR and that's not very balanced. I don't think we live in a neapolitan world though if I'm being real

In general, I think the only world where Luke is scum is a world where Dunn and/or Cakez are lying about the amount of shots they have? 1-shot doc + 1-shot rber seems kinda weak? But also I could theoretically see someone see millers as named townies and that somehow swinging balance back to about even, so meh.

I'm thinking Pooky's just town, and Cakez' play around the claims actually looks fairly good here. Page 42/43 look good for them both. So maybe it's just Dunn/GL? I think you can be scum but I don't see it right now
Though what power would scum!Dunn use on Luke? Rolecops do see initial shot count in a check as far as I know, so maybe scum would want to gauge it?
In post 1166, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1165, GuiltyLion wrote: Dunn why did you claim specifically the 1-shot aspect of your role

did you consider withholding the number of uses
I did consider doing that but valued true claiming for figuring out the setup and if other claimed roles are real.
That and I didn't want to cause problems if fake claiming led to people questioning my role, like if there were another gated protective role in the setup.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I think there's a fair chance that's the thought process Dunn genuinely had here, but as scum
Claiming full doctor or a doctor with more than a shot would be bad if there was an actual town protective. At first I thought this discouraged GL/Dunn because GL hadn't claimed yet and Dunn has no reason to fear a scum!GL claim, but Cakez also hadn't claimed, but DID allude to being a PR
In post 1024, SirCakez wrote: I'm even more suspicious as Luke has claimed he found yet another PR, which, two millers, another visiting PR, Luke
and my role
seems absurd. We should probably mass claim, someone in the PR claims is lying.
In post 1027, Dunnstral wrote: I'm alright with mass claiming. Luke should probably claim what they saw first to verify their role.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
In post 1032, SirCakez wrote: Like I did the math
I'm not a VT, to clarify what I've been alluding to. So if all the PR claims + Luke's track PR are legit that would make the setup

Ydrasse VT
Bell VT
Pooky Miller
Meuh Miller
Luke 2shot Tracker
Me non-VT
Whoever Luke tracked visiting someone
Scum
Scum

That doesn't look like a legit setup to me, thus why I think in the PR claims there are scum, either whoever Luke tracked or in the millers or potentially Luke himself. Like was said we can check him now with his claimed target.
Luke claims to have seen a visit -> Cakez claims non-VT, not the specific role -> Dunn insists Lukewarm should claim before everyone else -> Lukewarm does claim -> Dunn claims a low-power town role that even he himself noticed wouldn't contradict ANOTHER town protective claim (??? Why is this a thought he would even have as town, if I'm a 1-shot doc in a setup with a 2-shot tracker I'm not thinking there's another protective somewhere)
He's just scum and his play around the claims lines up entirely with what a scum player who visited last night would want to do here

VOTE: Dunnstral
Like there you go, this is why Dunn is scum, still applies now
Still applies, Dunn’s play around the claims is plainly scummy
Luke’s angle on Dunn being town is that he was faking 1-shot to trick scum
He clearly wasn’t
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:14 am

Post by Meuh »

Dunn literally fucking said he trueclaimed because he didn’t want another PR claim to CC and think the power level is too high, and then get limmed
This is not how a townie thinks about claiming??????? What the actual fuck???
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Meuh »

The main argument that got raised as a counter to my case against Dunn is that there was intent in his claim to trick scum and that he actually had multiple shots
To me, Dunn’s play pretty clearly showed that he wasn’t playing mindgames and that he was really claiming 1-shot, RH9 agreed with me on it! Luke also wanted Dunn to live as a way to prevent his death. The main reasons to keep Dunn alive (avoiding a Luke NK, Dunn potentially being 2-shot) are gone now. He’s the most blatant scum in history.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:30 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i lowkey kind of think it isnt dunn now
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1541, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1536, GuiltyLion wrote: I'm still leaning towards my Meuh/Dunn theory but that opening is not good Cakez
Also this is so obviously telegraphing a move later and feels like a manufactured trajectory
?? What an I telegraphing? I'm town and the first thing you said today is you want to lim me, that's Not Good especially when Meuh was your preferred lim yesterday

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”