Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:29 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Rhetoric. it's one of those embrace the comment and recontextualize/reword it to sound more innocent than the player did. Both alignments do this, it's just a hint they might've worked in customer service/retail at some point in their life.

Charisma post. Fishing for likeability. Absence content. But thou shall not always post content.

: reasonable, inoffensive. Could have taken multiple tacts here, it's caution preaching but it manages not to come off too harsh like they think I'm an idiot. Just more evidence that they've been low on a totem pole at some point, since they know how to protect an ego. EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Mirroring Marisa's language. sigh, not even going to earn a flag from me. No luck with this tell.

my brain is creaking like an old floor board at this post. There's something worth pulling there but I'm not sure what. Just an all town post with all town in it and a shift in position on 2 town toward reading them as town Whether that's because they're trying to be responsive, reward players for posting more and whether they're motivated by fear or some other strategy or merely neutral on where their partners are in the grand scheme of things is *throws up hands*
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

empirically flawed reasoning.Early Miller claims are more often town than not. but ascetics don't have that statistical experience, but they're conflating the two. I find these kinds of posts near impossible to distinguish between personal opinion and alignment, they can be pretty compartmentalized. There's more context here in that their alignment is mutually exclusive with Reisen's.

. Yeah, sure, cautious approach afraid of triggering omgus but looking for an opportunity to go after them, while simultaneously hoping they don't produce a significant response. Or they're just continuing with the neutrality doctrine they seem to have had/deep wolf game. Doubt they thought much beyond, general relief that things are going well so far.

nothing new to say here. scum post from coast to coast.

Town and scum posture like this. Hard to know the difference. This one I lean scum on, because it seems less designed to pressure and more to be taken seriously to redirect the game into an RVS in a kind of subtly scummy way. Not a game changing observation though.

not totally sure what they're trying to do here.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 159, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 147, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 52, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: What does everyone think about Yuuka's claim? I'm kinda on the side of thinking it's more likely to be a scum role
I lean town on the role itself. I would be very mad at the mod if I was actually scum with that role lol.

If the mod gave scum!me this role i would kiss him on the mouth
This is also posturing but it sounds genuine to me.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 162, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 156, Eternity Larva wrote:
In post 153, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 149, Eternity Larva wrote: @Kagerou is your Clownpiece vote a remnant of RVS and if not, can you go into why you're still voting there?
my clownpiece vote has been serious from the beginning
can you explain why?
i'd rather keep it vague for now but on top of not looking like they're solving (which granted maybe that's just how i view things) they've been trying to distract people from pushing fowards the game
In post 167, Eternity Larva wrote:
In post 162, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 156, Eternity Larva wrote:
In post 153, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 149, Eternity Larva wrote: @Kagerou is your Clownpiece vote a remnant of RVS and if not, can you go into why you're still voting there?
my clownpiece vote has been serious from the beginning
can you explain why?
i'd rather keep it vague for now but on top of not looking like they're solving (which granted maybe that's just how i view things) they've been trying to distract people from pushing fowards the game
i mean i would argue that at the time of Clownpiece's entrance they were the first one to actually do something ~spicy and give people in the game something to talk about (outside of the miller claim, in which the majority of the discussion came later)

that may be an overly generous interpretation of their early posts and i'm nowhere near married to that townread but based on that i am struggling to buy that this was your initial reason for voting when i viewed it in the exact opposite way

i've disagreed with a lot of your takes so far so while i will respect you keeping the reasons vague for now i'm hoping you'll be able to fully elaborate at some point so i can actually parse if there's something more to that or if it's merely a playstyle difference
This post is a set back for any kind of Kagerou scum read. This really doesn't sound like partners talking to each other. It's consistent in trying to get Kagerou to trip up, the whole approach makes sense for SVT, but very little as SVS.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

placation. Anti-associative overall.

Sure. I'm town reading all the town, but I'm not going to town read Kagerou who is the exception and my scum buddy and not their miselim. Deep wolf plan d1. That's a bit too confident.

also sounds genuine. What's the point of holding out hope on someone that you can pivot to whenever.
Reisen's absence is felt around this point in my catch up. But this is unique to each player.

and here we are.

Could be informed. I don't know why it sounds genuine. It's likely they've had the experience as either alignment.

Larvae unceremoniously omits suspicion of Kagerou and shifts to Dai and koishi. Probably influenced by Marisa's stance not sure why they decided to go along with it instead of arguing against them. Might have been fear of being called out, but being unwilling to close off that avenue. Since there was attention there. Or hey, Marisa is pushing for a town interpretation of Kagerou, better not argue, I should let town make a mistake here.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

295 is also informed.
very mean.
3 players. Second time. Maybe too self-conscious, but they're just self-conscious in general. Pushing on clown again, but not much heat in it from my perspective, they basically said they just don't have a lot of confidence in their reads hence why there may be a lack of alarmism in their concern post. Or just not a lot of motivation to move the blocks around right now. Well their reason is at least checking but it's day 1, so strong isn't really a part of it.
3 players. Sure, let's narrow the pool. Kagerou's not in there. But neither is kaguya. Or Reisen.
Bleh!
Oh hey Reisen's back. Nothing post. Contradiction compared to entrance. Contradiction's not a scum tell. But... eh.
Remarkable in its emptiness.
the fuck is Larvae ignoring Reisen returning for? not even a soft ball to get some back and forth going?
Reisen,if scum, listed out all town in this post and omitted both Larvae and Kaguya. If they're town, they town read Kagerou by mistake and a lot of town in there too. I wonder about this post. It's a little unusual.
Cheerful tone.
Weird. Might make the scum team sweat. It's not great that they chose to approach their suspicion of Kagerou this way, assuming that's what they were doing.
strangely worded. Based on their reads they should be suspicious of Larvae and it makes sense why they would want Larvae to post more, but they don't really say it in this post. In can even be interpreted as trying a corrective approach toward Larvae's reads rather than suspicion. Having it both ways hasn't really been a thing this game.
Okay(?). Weird response. No questions in return.
does not acknowledge Larvae.
perspective sharing like they're talking to a peer. There doesn't seem like much of a goal in the post itself.
Oh hey, they remembered to ask them questions. Good for them. Strangely late.
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:49 pm

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

In post 6471, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 6468, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I'm in an emergency work project. Be back in a few hours. In the meantime, I am of the opinion to kill Reisen. Sorry my performance could be better.
Got it, Reisen is already voting you.
VOTE: Reisen
awoooo !
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 pm

Yuuka, while I appreciate direct opinions with citations as solving, it's not useful for me to assess what your concerns are. I'd like to be efficient with my time and not waste it on irrelevant things. I spend a lot of time filtering evidence on what I think is relevant but ultimately you're the judge with that decision.
awoooo !
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6483 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 pm

In post 6435, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Games of mafia can always be pointless, there's no guarantee that you'll win or be able to persuade someone, that's part of the challenge of the game.
This is a major part of why I play. An anonymous game does fuel my interest for this reason despite me possibly being obvious.

It also trains me to understand how others think.
awoooo !
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6484 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Oh. Okay, I'll try to narrow down my concerns once I review and then send them your way.
In like,
one post.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6485 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

See you in 3 days!
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6486 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 6482, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: Yuuka, while I appreciate direct opinions with citations as solving, it's not useful for me to assess what your concerns are. I'd like to be efficient with my time and not waste it on irrelevant things. I spend a lot of time filtering evidence on what I think is relevant but ultimately you're the judge with that decision.
Can you point to any posts that you think demonstrate that Reisen is scum. Or any posts that you've made that demonstrate you are town?

@Reisen, same question.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6487 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

ew. Thought and reevaluation huh. They just do that a lot.
that sure is a naked vote.
A good tack.
nothing special.
"Hey, Kagerou wouldn't it be funny if you pretended you didn't know who was in each neighborhood, when clearly as scum you would never make that mistake?, Haha, yeah sure, let's do that" Or: I'm just not partners with Kaguya. Or, or: I'm just not that in the game and misspoke while being buddies.
an interesting theory for someone who is seeking to explain a phenomena after a scum buddy makes a mistake.
*golf clap* 10/10 reads. No notes.
more oasis posts in a grim dark world.
Joke post.
"
Kaguya
Reisen
, and Aya are slots i feel nothing about and will be one of my focuses upon reread.
i will say i had even had some townpings from Reisen
and Aya but nothing strong enough in either direction to make me commit"
My only fairly solid scum read at this point is Kagerou and even that's pretty...loose? there are some posts that made me feel good on a tone level but i agree with Dai about the bulk of the ISO is pretty fluffy and i see Kagerou has over fifty posts but their actual impact this game does not at all correlate with what i expect based on their high level of activity
Larvae:
"from what i can tell there also hasn't been much in terms of reads outside of the Clownpiece scum read (i now see the reads list provided with some interesting takes that i will look into more when i return) which she pretty much refused to elaborate on, and the reasoning she did provide also never sat well with me to begin with and came from the first page. it's difficult for me to buy that into the fact that her opinion on Clownpiece has not changed or evolved since the beginning of the game, especially since Clownpiece is my largest town read, which leads me to believe she is just holding onto it because she needs a strong opinion that goes against the grain

those are all my thoughts for now, please feel free to poke at or ask questions about anything. i am thinking this will be a game where i focus on identifying and locking in town reads and just pushing to eliminate within 'what's left' then they voted Kagerou"
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6488 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Unlike the Kagerou neighborhood thing, this one isn't alignment indicative.
Seen it
Done this before.
Seen it
Done this before.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6489 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Hmm. I'm not sure but it's kind of like watching a teacher tell bobby in class that they really seemed to have a great method and style of writing. Nevertheless there were not, in fact, Ninjas during the American civil war. C+ Keep it up.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6490 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

[post ]687[/post]'s kind of a waste of time. The interactions between 400 and up to here aren't really pinging me either way. Kagerou's posts are a bit more stale and there are some weak ones in there.
Sure~
could be informed. Tasting the air.
I mean, it's pressuring a low activity slot. It's something to do, it's not necessarily productive or unproductive. Kind of depends on their preferences.
Maybe a perspective slip. probably not.
Shade toward Reisen, very late and light. Not really sure if this is scum saying, "It's not fair, they haven't done anything and they're town read!" or they're just softly shading a low-activity buddy without really getting there. It wouldn't be a super good time to push them at the moment, I think from a politics perspective.
Oh? They braved the politics, good for them. Ah. I need to quote normally here.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6491 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:01 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 841, Eternity Larva wrote: i am still not townreading Kagerou, but my hang up echoes the sentiments shared by several others that i don't see why they'd be so purposefully difficult/contrary as scum here

i sense that Kagerou has the charisma and ability to be more agreeable in a natural way as scum and have avoided placing themselves in the limelight so early. i'm not sensing any attempt at utilizing these skills to manipulate or gain an upper hand in this situation. i am also getting townpings from their posts referencing being happy with their contributions to the gamestate in response myself and others going after their fluffy ISO

i think writing this post has me slightly SLIGHTLY leaning town there after all? but slight town leans are basically scum leans this game so not much has changed i guess
Fence sitting.
In post 844, Eternity Larva wrote: @Kagerou, your largest scum read, Clownpiece, is basically a universal town read at this point. do you find this problematic in any way? is there a reason you're not fighting harder to get people to see what you're seeing?
Blood pressure is up.
Weird combination of posts, bunch of justification for a Kagerou town read and they don't say anything about Reisen.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6492 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

: Shade at Marisa for Reisen read. Unnatural jump for someone that just decided that Reisen is scum, to start creating these associations here is odd. They give Kaguya town points for pushing at Marisa. It gives them some level of room to jump off, but the post kind of reads like Reisen is scum, it's a foregone conclusion whenever that happens, here's a post I can leave for posterity if Reisen ever dies to explain my sticking point with going after Kaguya. Here's me setting up Marisa as the miselim after a Reisen flip given they're the most likely to die.

Yeah, that makes sense I think.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6493 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:10 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Shit, there are just so many posts, where the ultimate takeaway is that Kagerou's town.
I'm genuinely getting paranoid that it's too easy.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6494 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

"good point" what, do you want me to do something with that? No thanks.
They're still running away with this inexplicably.
reisen seems to be implying that their scum team read here is Kagerou, Kaguya, Larvae. It's too accurate given their thinking for that to be a reasonable assessment. ...Or maybe I'm just jealous they found the scum team and seemed to be flirting with it for a while and Kaguya and Larvae are reacting to that. While Kagerou is taking the opposite tack. It does kind of feel like Kagerou, Kaguya and Larvae, are always taking slightly different positions on any one topic. Larvae comes at them pretty head on, I'm sure if they're trying to shake them or merely create the set up. It could be, simply that Reisen, as newer scum is playing too informed.
Kind of fits that scum tell I mentioned, the general post reasonign being applied to Kagerou's post that Kaguya asked me about later. It would be their one unnatural read, while their other two reads are also unnatural.
It just reads are pretty informed on Reisen's side of the discussion.

Still, it does bother me, the dynamic between Kagerou, Kaguya, and Larvae is strange, while Reisen doesn't really "fit in" to the group in the same way, hence why they may be looking at a sudden elimination. Oh, they totally didn't realize Kagerou was the one that posted about the game speed/state. Or at least, their updated reads didn't reflect it. their list here with me inexplicably coming out reads like a red herring, one that Kaguya even tried to capitalize on later, or someone tried to capitalize on it, I forgot but someone noted it as odd. But that points to more "if I'm gunna die, let's set up those miselim threads for later"
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6495 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

they could be a lot harsher here than they decided to be in response to their list.

might be they're uncomfortable and providing a fig leaf for peace at the cost of some scum momentum. Sort of playing against win con in an extremely low key way, but this comes off as more teacherish again. Forget I said this. It's weak reasoning on my part. Bad reasoning in fact.

In your face, yo.

Starting to notice they seem to be a little bit too focused on telling the truth and so they kind of do that slightly odd thing where they make reads based on how they like how someone posts rather than whether it's more or less likely to come from scum or town. Kind of lines up with the rest of their reads and places them back into newbie scum territory.
It feels weird for me to say that, given, well, they're probably not newbie scum based on how they post. Just maybe a weak scum game in some respects.

Or not and they're town.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6496 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Hmm.

Hmm.

Kagerou has been setting up that shot all day, so it's pretty believable for them to vig Tenshi.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6497 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 1721, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 1718, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: VOTE: Kagerou
<------ Scum is here
like look flip me if you want but you'll have to kill one of Tenshi / Ichirin tommorow
I hate this post and I hate that they never responded to me harping on about it.
For someone, who is mad and omgusing and being annoyed, they sure did have time to make another I'm a wolf joke.
I guess it could just be on the surface what it is, they're saying Tenshi is scum. But they seem so self aware that I don't get how they can open up their own post, make the text red, point it directly at their own name, after making multiple other posts joking about being a wolf and then post it. It's tonal whiplash.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6498 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

*nods* Or informed. Either or, out of left field, feels more spontaneous than you'd expect, consistent since they maintain suspicion on Kaguya for the next 2 days.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 2016, Eternity Larva wrote: i thought you were softing neighborizer earlier in the game

i can't remember if that was you or your predecessor
Another fuck up from Larvae, probably.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”