Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Post by N »

Phone posting,but the majority of that case seems to be based on How I'm playing differently than in micro 4. That was my first game,so of course I'm different. I actually think maestro (who was in that game) said a similar thing about me being different in micro 50 (or newbie 1286; I don't remember).
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Not really. Only about the first 1/3 or so of the case is on your meta. And it's not the type of the thing I'd expect you to evolve into (when is more aggression and seriousness something you just evolve into having?)
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 am

Post by Soul2277 »

And here's the other case. Spoilered because it's long.

Spoiler: Thor Case
In post 17, Thor665 wrote:Why were you just kidding about the v/la?

Why did you ask that question? It seemed fairly self explanatory from the sarcastic post she made.

As you will see in the case this is post is apart of a long stream of disengaged, but "active" questions that he adds that I really do not think lead to a conclusion or at least aren't followed up. Like my N read earlier, I thought his aggression was town but once the Sixty wagon progressed and Thor waffled around I felt that he wasn't really contributing to finding scum.

Looking at his comments that he was the most aggressive player during the early game makes me hesitant about what I read because I did not think he was particularly aggressive but I think that is because he and I have different definitions of what is aggressive.

In post 21, Thor665 wrote:Why bring up the v/la then?

Again, what purpose did this serve?

In post 58, Thor665 wrote:Are you familiar at all with Piggy's town game?

This post in my opinion implies that Thor has meta as a reason to formulate his opinion on Piggy yet later in the game he explains that he neither prefers nor dislikes meta in reasoning to call people scummy.

Why make this comment when he's shown some apathy to meta? It's another question that means little to him but he just asked it anyway to look busy.

In post 65, Thor665 wrote:Remind me how by reading only scum games you become aware of someone's scum meta.
I slept through that part of class.

This is dismissive and passive aggressive in my opinion as meta being used is a large part of other people's playstyles. Plus in it I feel like he is being nitpicky about the fact that "only reading" scum games means it is bad. He is ignoring the fact that there are patterns in meta as well as the fact that there could be differences in meta.

Thor, do you believe that meta research on N, who "only has" town games is inconclusive?

In post 69, Thor665 wrote:That seems re-actively offensive to me.

Again, how can scum meta be 'suggested' when you actually, as of yet, have no awareness what her scum meta is?

As I said, Thor was being dismissive and this post just goes to show it especially once he further says that he recalls Tammy being able to tell that water flows downhill as a passing remark against Empire's intelligence.

While later in the game Thor qualifies that he was busy rattling Cerulean's cage I feel that this was an ulterior motive to try and discredit any potential case that Empire was readily trying to make.

Also, if Thor feels this way about the meta research that they are going to make why would he make that comment unless he really thinks it would be useless?

The bit about not getting what suggesting means when Empire may not be fully aware of Piggy's scum meta also is nitpicky and designed to discredit in my opinion.

In post 77, Thor665 wrote:
In post 76, PiggyGal15 wrote:The motivation behind your posts here seems forced, like you're asking questions, but you don't really care about their answers.

So I'm laid back because I don't seem to care about the answers to my questions?
How do you conclude that?

What part of the post do you not like from Piggy? The fact that she thinks you don't care yet ask questions because I am seriously confused by this post of yours.

I know you probably won't read this but since you "demolished" Mehdi's case earlier I think you'll respond to anything that is actually seriously addressed to you.

Like Piggy, my opinion of Thor, after reading his actions in LyLo of that Newbie game he gave to me where he breaks down the case on him through questions while "correct" only serve to undermine the basis of the question.

I can easily see a person playing a laidback game and throwing out questions without really caring where things land and that is what I think Thor is doing.

In post 83, Thor665 wrote:Why not for my blatant quick wagon of you? Or does that not look scummy?

I like this from Thor and I think this actually a pretty town remark coming from him since it seems that Thor is interested in why Piggy finds him scummy for reasons not including one that'd require omgus but still being partly true.

In post 83, Thor665 wrote:Since I actively try to emulate my town play as scum - none that I am aware of...also none that anyone has ever been able to show me, because then I would have adjusted. I've never had to adjust.

Noting this for future reference in the case.

In post 95, Thor665 wrote:I personally think you're trying to get me to put more meaning into that 'suggests' than there really is.
Counter question, if by 'suggests' he means 'We have yet to have done anything to make the read legit' why even mention it at all?

You were the one that had the problem with the word in the first place and made a post dedicated to it. Again, note the dismission of the meta reasoning.

In post 95, Thor665 wrote:I already answered this - what part didn't you grok?

I think I'm missing this answer, can you please quote it. Do you mean where you talked about how you have never needed to adjust?

In post 135, Thor665 wrote:Why can you understand other motivation questions but not this one?

So early in your iso and I am already getting confused because you answer questions with questions which is not helpful in my opinion.

In post 135, Thor665 wrote:So I'm a lesser town read than N because, even though I'm doing more townish things I concern you more?

These are the type of posts that I was referring to when I was questioning you about "you don't feel that Ceru is town for the MD topic basically?"

In post 135, Thor665 wrote:If you'd just called it a bad excuse I'd be more on a wavelength with you.
But you said 'why would scum want people to feel comfortable' which means you *were* applying the mustache twirl to her.
Discuss.

First real interaction with Sixty in my opinion that doesn't really apply pressure to them but engages in them a discussion that has enough room for multiple answers whereas Thor interaction with other players has already been pointed.

In post 136, Thor665 wrote:Hurm. Looking over stuff Cerulean is actually obv. town unless Piggy is scum.
Cerulean can still answer my questions though because the slot strikes me as pedantic and it will amuse me.

I noted this earlier in my catchup post, he goes from "rattling their cages" and having issues with their known methods to rethinking that their actions are obv. town and stating as such. This was after the Ceru pressure he was trying to apply realistically did not go anywhere.

In post 137, Thor665 wrote:
In post 102, Soul2277 wrote:Equi voting piggy to L-1 with minimal explanation or force. That clear enough?

~Mehdi

Except for it being a scumtell - yes.

Let me flip the tables, Thor. Why is this not a scum tell because Mehdi and I both agreed that it was not a town motivated action in our opinion when she made that vote.

I have a snippy and rhetorical question to about this specific post but then I feel like I would be stooping to your level.

;)

In post 143, Thor665 wrote:What does this have to do with Absta?
I'll toss in 'beard' if you like. Heck, I'll toss in this quoted reaction if you like that too. Happy?

As I said earlier this type of post is the not really engaged Thor that I mentioned and Piggy first pointed out.

He is using very little justification for voting Voided and the justification that he is using is hardly anything that I would call "aggressive" or thought provoking.

In post 152, Thor665 wrote:Uh-huh.

Let's lynch Absta or Voided.

Is this the pressure and aggressive behavior that you were talking about recently Thor?

Because quite frankly I am not seeing it. :\

In post 166, Thor665 wrote:And some knowledge is no knowledge with meta - you either have knowledge you will claim awareness of or you don't. You are citing him as scummy for things I have seen him do as town and wanted to see how you defended it - and you backed off.

That is splitting hairs and you know it. Noting this for further reference as well.

These types of posts are unnecessarily argumentative and again go to my point that Thor is subtly trying to undermine legitimate, albeit weak reasons against people.

I already explained my dislike about the cluelessness and how it tied into the hypocritical stuff in my catch up.

In post 181, Thor665 wrote:@Cerulean - of course the case is shallow, it's built off RVS, how magical and deep can it really get? What does it being shallow have to do with anything? The question is whether or not it makes sense and shows scumhunting motivation from Sixty and scummy motivation from Piggy.

Here he is passively defending Sixty about their case and still continuing to argue with Cerulean.
I feel like the amount of disappointment and stress he was feeling with Cerulean he would have been much more frank.

In post 231, Thor665 wrote:How does it show the appearance of scumhunting but not scumhunting?

This is in the same line of Piggy's questions that you don't really seem interested in the game. Thor is defending things and people's actions that he himself is guilty of in order to make himself look more protown.

Question: You are familiar with active lurking and the loose derivatives it can produce, right?

In post 231, Thor665 wrote:Note to self - Post 206

What came of this?

242 More of Thor acting engaged while not really contributing his answers to Voided don't seem to further the discussion, instead they stagnate it and he passively pushes N.

In post 246, Thor665 wrote:I skipped it because Cerulean is obv. town so I don't see much value in reading a case on them.
You should tell me your read on Voided though.

Again, is this the pressure that you were referring to?

Also, this is an indirect application of that "ignoring" trait I noted earlier with N about the scum ignoring things because of perceived towniness.

Lastly, love how ceru is obv town when not too long before they were worth voting. Sure read changes happen, but going from one side to the complete opposite in a couple pages is off.

In post 307, Thor665 wrote:@Ceru - I'm not so sure on Sixty, but with all my experiece with them thus far (one) I may or may not be any good at reading them. Personally I'm thinking they're town here, but it's just beard at the moment.

Classic scum move right here. Keeping the door open for a change in read later if push comes to shove and a read change has to be made as well the obligatory comment about Sixty and the weakening of his own reasoning so he can make any change that much easier.

In post 309, Thor665 wrote:And, what, you can't give a two sentence summation of the Ceru case? It must be bad then.

Unecessary dismission of Jesse's case. Not all people are as articulate and precise with your words as you are. Some people actually try to explain their dislikes of people's playing rather than saying "beard" or "no grok, sir"

338 This post directly relates to Voided and I think I have an interesting explanation for Thor's habits.

As scum in Paranoia there were people who announced suspicion on me but I a) kept them alive, and b) mostly ignored them except for comments that I could not ignore.

Thor has not been paying attention to what Voided has done he doesn't even notice the vote from Voided onto Thor and quickly catches his misstep by making this post.

Thor is passively pushing the Voided wagon while simulataneously saying that is active aggression when it really isn't and he isn't even focusing on what his scum read is saying.

In post 373, Thor665 wrote:I would say that will depend on the flip - I currently lean yes though.

In post 375, Thor665 wrote:...yes.

This is an awkward interaction with Sixty and it is one of the few because Thor's otherwise activity has been engaging with other people and mostly ignoring Sixty other than the early Cerulean questioning about his opinion of Cerulean. Without prompt he mostly ignores sixty.

In post 464, Thor665 wrote:
In post 463, Justin Timberlake wrote:I really don't think you'd have been online discussing 'okay quick hammer' there at all. Really think it was just a Vi alone decision.

This feels kind of like a knockout to me.

Thor never really acted surprised about the hammer that I would expect coming from town especially one where he thinks the person doing the weird action is town.

Then once pressure has been applied and someone vocal has established a norm, he agrees with them. Later on when he says he's been pushing the N wagon as a test that's also off when on day 2 he wasn't treating sixty as a big scum read either (and if that's a reaction test as well how does not scum reading sixty help you in any way?)

:|

In post 470, Thor665 wrote:I'll agree the explanation leaves me feeling skeevy towards them though - specifically how awesome their death might be and also that they didn't really try to get other people on board with their plan *prior* to enacting it (besides a maybe if you squint a bit - semi conversation with me about absta...sorta) I think that's the part that bugs me - as a town plan they should have gotten people on board and *then* quickhammered.

Nothing too concrete that he dislikes about them. Other than a general course of action that didn't really make sense now that he is finally being tied to a read on them. Back in Reverse Mafia Rudex he's willing to argue with them a lot originating over their plan but here when they have a plan he doesn't really think on it much himself.

In post 515, Thor665 wrote:
In post 502, Soul2277 wrote:Thor reasoning behind the vote? In your words I don't grok it.

Am I allowed to just say 'beard' again?
You should sheep me though.

In post 513, N wrote:I was starting to think the third could be Thor, because he hadn't called me scummy yet (he always seems to - okay, in the two completed games we have together he did), but he just voted for me so that's all okay.

:neutral:

In post 513, N wrote:I'd hammer Sixty, but I want them to come in and make some more incriminating posts and hopefully out their buddies for real.

In post 518, Thor665 wrote:So 513 looks awesome to you?

In post 520, Thor665 wrote:
In post 519, JesseSheffield wrote:or b) he’s your scum partner.

All rapid posts that serve really no purpose other than to show that Thor dislikes the reasoning in those posts or potentially finds them scummy.
Again, the vote on N and the reasoning for beard are all copouts. It also shows more of instead of giving more reason to get people to agree with him (one man doesn't make a lynch) he just weakly shows dislike.

In post 549, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, Absta is likely town.

Are we lynching N yet - feels like we were lynching N.

Was absta replacing out the final thing that made you feel that slot town? Also nice how when you barely mention him before you reach likely town (last mention was town depending on lynch of voided with assumption of voided scum).

In post 567, Thor665 wrote:Or vote N. That is also an option.

I think this is a ploy from Thor in order to make himself look better after Sixty flips because it would be bad for a partner of Sixty to not vote them at this juncture.

Basically, it is so bad scum especially of a high caliber would not do it and thus that makes it a good thing to do. Kinda channeling hoopla logic about the suboptimal turning optimal (yeah the reaction reasons still feel like a weak explanation).

In post 636, Thor665 wrote:I think Piggy and N are both likely town.

Where did this come from?

In post 649, Thor665 wrote:@Piggy - correct me if I'm wrong, but your scum case on me is that I pushed "confirmed town" instead of pushing your lynch? Because I would think you would find someone starting a counterwagon to you to be the definition of a town tell.

I really can't explain this well so I'll just use Thor logic I mean beard. Although that is more like chin hairs for me but...

Chin hairs because this looks similar to his actions in the Newbie LyLo scum game he linked.

In post 679, Thor665 wrote:E. I love that you don't seem to grok why I pushed on N like I did. I barely even feel I should need to justify this until you actually do enough work to grok maybe why I was pushing on him in an odd way - I was even dropping funny hints about it to Ceru when she was grumping at me. My current scum read is Jesse, I'm pushing for his lynch by voting him and asking others to vote him and explaining why I found him scummy from yesterday and the transition to today - I didn't exactly do it hyper subtle either, I kinda flat out stated all that information when i voted him...so...?

C. That seems an indictment on other people more than me. If no one asks for my reasoning other than what I provide that's not my fault.

Can you ever just be straight with people?

Were you voting him to see what Jesse was doing?

I like the trap laying and obersvant play you claim you are doing but that is definitely not the impression I am getting.

No... you've used beard a fair amount of time.

In post 688, Thor665 wrote:What other reads? Who are you claiming I haven't offered a read on yet? Because I'm pretty sure I've done everyone in the game.

This was something I was discussing vaguely with Mehdi while I was on my intermitten activity the past 5 or so days.

I have an addendum ... Other reads in that *you* have given reasoning for.

In post 688, Thor665 wrote:1. I don't think it does leave a hole - I was certainly pushing the N lynch harder than anyone else pushed any lynch besides Sixty - and only Ceru was pushing that case harder than I was pushing N.

As I stated earlier, although I fear I may have gotten my chronological order and time frame confused (fuck no sleep) was that really what you would consider pressure?

It certainly did not look so and it certainly looked like empty words designed to feign activity. Which follows with how you're n push was stronger then a lot of the other pushes that day.

In post 693, Thor665 wrote:I'll admit my clear of N is soft, but I'm not sure I buy that 'let's have him talk' comment as really likely to come from a buddy.

In post 515, Thor665 wrote:
In post 502, Soul2277 wrote:Thor reasoning behind the vote? In your words I don't grok it.

Am I allowed to just say 'beard' again?
You should sheep me though.

In post 513, N wrote:I was starting to think the third could be Thor, because he hadn't called me scummy yet (he always seems to - okay, in the two completed games we have together he did), but he just voted for me so that's all okay.

In post 513, N wrote:I'd hammer Sixty, but I want them to come in and make some more incriminating posts and hopefully out their buddies for real.

Is this the post that you buy as not likely to come from a buddy? Does that face not imply dislike? Nice contradiction there.

In post 722, Thor665 wrote:No, I disagree - the problem is you thinking I had to. Clearly I didn't.

You said it wasn't your fault that other people didn't ask about reasoning yet when Mehdi does it is a problem? What sort of Catch 22 are we playing here Thor?

In post 758, Thor665 wrote:Seeing as how I've voted a number of unflipped players who is to say?
Also, I easily could have been on the obv. wagon yesterday since I called it the day before, but...yeah, I was doing other stuff.
This is a meaningless point though.

By calling it do you mean your posts about Sixty's vote being skeevy?
And you twisted Cerulean's words to flip it so that you can't be wrong when it was obvious what they meant by that post. I forget what it is called but there is a term for it - where you believe that you can do no wrong.

In post 834, Thor665 wrote:
In post 831, Justin Timberlake wrote:Could you just dump your notes on everything? I'd like to see your thoughts on stuff.

Can't we just lynch him now?

I will agree that your pushing of Jesse is much more than your other "pushes" this game and that it does look thought out but again you're just being dismissive.

I am really trying not to sound like a broken record about Thor but its the truth of what I feel and it is what Mehdi tried to explain that Thor decided to "eat". I am hoping I am coming off better with the explanation

In post 898, Thor665 wrote:Oh woe unto me for posting in another game first.

Eh, I'm fine with the reasoning.
Deadpool is a bit of a twit in his conclusions.
We do Jesse tomorrow if there is a tomorrow though.

Unvote: Jesse
Vote: PiggyGal

I'm literally reading Thor's iso and I do not see the immediate reasoning for Piggy voting other than thinking it could work and that this may end the game while calling Piggy's votes derptastic. Especially when piggy was town not with little change in the read given since then.

In post 1005, Thor665 wrote:Because I saw the chance for further scumhunting by not pushing Sixty.
I did not see that happening to the Piggy conversation and wished to move past it to the Jesse conversation.

This needs expanding although it just follows how day 2's n push wasn't as hard as he made it sound and is connect to the last quote's problem.

The last few things that Thor has pushed I don't feel the need to comment on because they are nitpicking over things. However, I did notice that Thor said Bussing does not equal distancing or something around that matter. I'm tired.

Thor, did you mean in the specific scenario that JT mentioned? Or did you mean that as a general thing?

~M (most of the case again being OS)
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:09 am

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Going to make a pot of tea and I'll settle in and read the cases in detail. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to go over it all and the meta links.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 am

hey is f-16 fighter jet guy caught up yet
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 am

Your N case is far better/filled with more relevant points. A lot of the thor case is super unconvincing and looks like you're stretching to find reasons after deciding he was scum or something. It's also too long.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 am

Oversoul can you link me to a game as scum where you made a huge case/ like that or even a case if such a one exists.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:40 am

nvr mind i'll go look i guess. FUCK
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:07 am

N have you played elsewhere or are you as new to mafia as your join date would suggest?
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 am

Soul - Have you guys only been conversing in a document this game or been using AIM / MSN / QT ect? And if you're only using a document this game like last game how much of the document would you estimate consist of Oversouls thoughts?
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:39 am

Regfan - why is our gender set to female?
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:07 am

Cerulean, you're going to have to wait until tomorrow for me to explain my Thor town-read, procrastinated and got distracted far too long today.

And I think the last two hours of reading and conversation that I've done have actually confused me more than helped. But anyway here's what I make of the cases on Thor and N - Mind you there's still a bit more reading to do. It almost feels like this game is an entire novel of reading.

There's only a few points from the N case that I find that valid, I still need to do the meta comparison on him though so the whole "Too context driven / tone ect." issue I'll have to focus more on in the morning but I don't think his comment in of being annoyed that we replaced in and posted more walls is a scum-tell at all nor do I think it contradicts his stance in the other game. I think the point about him calling it a town vs town fight and not reading into it in holds quite a bit of merit though, not something that I like at all. I don't think his is a scum-tell either, when he was stating 'as bad as Sixty' I think he was referring to their blitz hammer. I don't think his asking of an explanation for a Deadpool town read in is a bad thing at all, I do want to hear his response towards my explanation for it but I also don't think his attempt at elaborating into why he thinks Jesse and Deadpool are a scum team in is that bad either.

I went back through his ISO too trying to relay thoughts of Faraday and he's just trolling me back, lesson to learn; never trust the Irish. There's a few things that I'm leaning towards being town-tells though, want to hear others thoughts on them. 1) Attacking Ceruleans reasoning for town reading him in feels like a minor town-tell, not sure the scum motivation for trying to kill the town read on them. 2) His backing down of suspecting Piggy in and with a partner lynched as scum he'd need whatever mslynch bait there is and him backing down on his scum-read on Piggy saying that Sixtys case on them makes him waiver would be anti-productive when he could easily just continue to pretend that he thought she was still scum. 3) His 'fake scum claim' in if this was his first game as scum ever not sure he'd be so ballsy to say something like that.

I like a lot of the case on Thor is a massive stretch, I don't find his comments on Piggy and meta in , , , and are that bad at all. He has a point in that scum and town meta are needed to make a full detailed proper meta comparison. I can also think of a lot more useless questions that Oversoul asked than Thor. I don't think his change of read on Cerulean in is that unnatural or him 'changing because he got no traction'. His read on Sixty in is waffly but I find the post genuine for some reason. I don't think the interaction with Sixty from to is awkward. I have no issue with Thors Piggy hammer in at all, the case on Piggy was a lot of Piggy - Jesse interaction and he had a scum-read on Jesse so it's a very natural time for him to hammer, especially when we're all yelling for him to get in the thread and hammer. So yeah, a lot of the Thor case is a stretch.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 am

It's I think* not I like in the bottom paragraph.

Think I'm going to head to bed now. I really want to hear from Jesse again.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Mon 3 Dec, 10:37 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-12-03 10:37:00)
)
With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Soul2277 »

Just want everyone to know that I'm not going to be posting today. I'm going to have thanksgiving at a famil friends house and we are leaving very soon.

However, I want to know something. JT (I forget which head) said that my activity checks out.

What exactly did you mean? I don't know anyone from MS in rea life so I'm curious how that "checks" out?

Happy Turkey day!
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 am

Post by Soul2277 »

We only use doc and I'd say like... 40/60 for OS/Mehdi content.

And I put by far more time into the Thor case. :(

That saddens me it didn't even make you reconsider.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 am

Post by Cerulean »

I only had a couple minutes to read the case but didn't think it was a stretch. It was rather long, but the search for motivation in each of the posts looked genuine. I'll have more to say about N and Thor when I get back from vacation if you guys don't lynch before then though. There are some things I want to look over.

Looking forward to hearing why JT is town reading Thor though.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am

Because gut. I haven't read him in a while though, so I'll do that soon.

Anyway the case is a stretch. That doesn't mean it wasn't genuine or anything just that he's stretching. Any case that long is a stretch unless it's an indepth meta study showing behaviourl differences. Also in terms of case making you should attack a couple of major points and leave it at that if you're trying to go for the throat. Or at least that's what I do when scum and it's effective enough. There's one or 2 points that give me pause and are pretty good, though. Not going back through it now because fuck that but I find most of the things Oversoul finds scummy pretty null. This doesn't surprise me anyway, as even if myself and Oversoul had a similar conclusion I'd expect we'd arrive at a result for different reasons.

It being a stretch doesn't make it wrong, either. I need to see how I FEEL about it.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

In post 1189, Soul2277 wrote:However, I want to know something. JT (I forget which head) said that my activity checks out.

I think that was in relation to you not posting here but also not being on site. (If it was reasonably recent)
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Length was honestly dependent upon iso length. Thor's written a lot more and the way OS wrote it was by starting with reading the entire iso and commenting every time he thought thor did something strange/scummy.

At this point is just reaffirmed our own suspicions on thor and with the n case being done we're pretty confident that's the scum team and are fine with both being lynched.

As for has OS ever written that long I know you've searched it, but if you haven't found it I know he mentioned his longest past walls were written in his first lylo as town (although he said that before he'd finished writing).

~M
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by N »

In post 1176, Soul2277 wrote:Not really. Only about the first 1/3 or so of the case is on your meta. And it's not the type of the thing I'd expect you to evolve into (when is more aggression and seriousness something you just evolve into having?)

Now I'm on a computer, I can reply better. It's definetaly more than 1/3 about my meta - you said I was more jokey in Open 450 than this game, which I can't believe; I was so damn angry that game due to the quickhammer.

There are some bits where you address things I've said this game, but I'm not sure if you want a response to those (or how I could respond other than "nope, you're wrong").

I haven't got around to reading the Thor case yet. Is it intended for everyone to read, or just JT? I think Regfan is the only one with a big enough attention span to go through all of that.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

It's recommended reading for everyone.

1/2 is really the most I could call meta things and that feels pretty high. And yes you can respond to it with something better then I'm wrong. It's conclusion based, so what reply to the conclusion we made and show how that's weak or wrong (JT has done a better job responding to your case then you have).

~M
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 1186, Justin Timberlake wrote:1) Attacking Ceruleans reasoning for town reading him in Post 241 feels like a minor town-tell, not sure the scum motivation for trying to kill the town read on them. 2) His backing down of suspecting Piggy in Post 533 and Post 647 with a partner lynched as scum he'd need whatever mslynch bait there is and him backing down on his scum-read on Piggy saying that Sixtys case on them makes him waiver would be anti-productive when he could easily just continue to pretend that he thought she was still scum. 3) His 'fake scum claim' in Post 922 if this was his first game as scum ever not sure he'd be so ballsy to say something like that.

And as for this:

1. It's pretty easy to fight a town read as scum. I think I've done it before and honestly I've heard that same town tell brought up before more then once so it's not really something I consider more then null (I've actually seen an argument for why would town bother shutting down a read on them even if it is for the wrong reasons).

2. I'll give you that although I think it was mainly just trying to separate from sixty.

3. Fairly weak town tell and it really isn't something that's enough for me to change reads on him.

~M
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1195, N wrote:
In post 1176, Soul2277 wrote:Not really. Only about the first 1/3 or so of the case is on your meta. And it's not the type of the thing I'd expect you to evolve into (when is more aggression and seriousness something you just evolve into having?)

Now I'm on a computer, I can reply better. It's definetaly more than 1/3 about my meta - you said I was more jokey in Open 450 than this game, which I can't believe; I was so damn angry that game due to the quickhammer.

There are some bits where you address things I've said this game, but I'm not sure if you want a response to those (or how I could respond other than "nope, you're wrong").

I haven't got around to reading the Thor case yet.
Is it intended for everyone to read, or just JT?
I think Regfan is the only one with a big enough attention span to go through all of that.

Is the bolded a serious question? What is your read on Thor with reasoning please?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Tammy, friends are coming over for drinking now but I'll get to Thor-Town when they leave in probably 3-4 hours.

In post 1194, Soul2277 wrote:As for has OS ever written that long I know you've searched it, but if you haven't found it I know he mentioned his longest past walls were written in his first lylo as town (although he said that before he'd finished writing).~M

Yeah, it was in Sedilla where Mastin was. Also found him doing a similar thing as town in another game, we have yet to find him doing on in a scum-game but god damn he's been town in like 95% of his games nearly so finding enough scum games to compare whether he wall case posts as scum is difficult.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK

Return to “Completed Open Games”