hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

possible prod dogde. finals, etc
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:28 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 1027, ToastyToast wrote:
Metal Sonic wrote:It never did. Why are you assuming it did? Why are you assuming I'm scum?
Correct, your vote never made you town. yet you still were all like "OMG GUSY LOOOK I GOTS A SCUM SO IM NOT TOWN AMIRITE!!!!!!!!!" Which is fuckin' scummy.
As for the "why are you assuming I'm scum," this entire goddam game is about making
assumptions
and deriving information from them. I've already given my case on you, its fairly clear why I think your scum, do your job and find it.
I was initiated by some other player that called me scummy. Naturally, I had to respond in kind.
Your case only works when you assume I'm scum. However, when I am viewed as town, your case falls apart instantly. Lynching a scum is a perfectly town thing to do, calling me out for "bussing" is baseless, groundless, and bullshit when you can accuse each and every person on the Gamma wagon of "bussing". That makes over 10 players on the wagon possible to be charged for "bussing". Are you going to call them out, "Hey all of you on the Gamma wagon! You are subject to a gruelling line of questioning for bussing!" Makes no sense. Just like your "case"
Metal Sonic wrote:Assume I'm town for a moment. It sounds perfectly plausible as town as is scum. Why are you prejudiced?
I don't think I've ever seen town do a "wait for the flip before you judge me! :( " It makes 0 sense as town. How am I being "prejudiced?" And if I think you're scum I'm going to treat you that way.
I don't think I've ever seen scum do a "wait for the flip before you judge me! :(" either. As I said, your case is weak and you're pulling scum reads out of your hat.

You find the scum reads, then pronounce me scum. Not finding me scum, then find the scum reads. Your confirmation bias is sooooooo strong.
Metal Sonic wrote:If your evidence for why a person is scum only works if you assume the person is scum, the only person in a fallacy here is you.
You seem to think my arguments go "MS is scum so this is scummy." I have no idea why you think this. You are engaging in MULTIPLE actions that I find scummy based on experience, gut, logic, etc., and so you are scum in my eyes.
[/quote]

I do think that. You're making baseless accusations and your "scum reads" can apply to quite a few other players as well, even if their town. "Ms is scum so he must be bussing", "Ms is scum so his request for waiting for a flip is scummy".

So on and so forth.

Simply put, you have no case.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Kitty wrote:WTF is this? this is like... mud-throwing/complimenting thing put into on... He's saying "I don't like them, but I'm going to call them town in hopes that they will leave me alone"
I actually think his meaning is really easy to discern. He thinks you're town, but your vote is on town and you're kind of tunneling on him, which he obviously doesn't like, but is also explaining why he thinks you're working from a town perspective.

I do not see how his reaction can be interpreted as [mudslinging/"I don't like kitty"] in the least. I think part of Rem's argument is bad for ignoring WIFOM (the "scum wouldn't push such a low effort case") but seriously nothing in #1024 even hints at what you're trying to pin on him so please explain. And generally: what's the town way to react to a tunneler you think is town, and once you answer that, how is his reaction to you discernible from that?

-bork
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Syryana »

Okay, let's do this. The long awaited Nacho case has finally arrived!

An integral part of my scumread on Nacho actually comes from my scumread on Nibelung, so I'll be doing a case for him first:
Spoiler: Why I originally believed Nibelung to be scummy
In post 32, Nibelung wrote:
In post 27, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 23, Nibelung wrote:I don't know anyone, so, lets roll a true random vote.

Vote: Dry-Fit
I don't really like this, but I guess it's partially acceptable because you don't know anyone.
I don't like it either, but have to start somewhere, right?

Took me a while to list the character names out of the wiki. Brazilian translation and American translation diverge in some names to the point you don't even recognize some of them.
Eg, Kurapika/Kurapaika was easy. Chrollo/Kuroro, not so much.
I got early bad vibes on this guy, starting here. Note the bolded. He mentions having trouble translating certain names then lists Kurapika and Chrollo. Having just gotten done reading the part of the rules that mentioned the scumteam has fakeclaims, I felt like this guy threw out both his role name and that of his fakeclaim. Overly paranoid, probably, but it gave me a reason to keep my eye on this guy.
In post 72, Nibelung wrote:Wow, already 7 votes on squared. Wagons here always move this fast? I was expecting a slower pacing in a 3-weeks day.

I'll stay mostly on watch for the next few days to create an opinion on each player. So far, all that I noticed is that Nacho is the kind of player that try to guide the town discussions (love this style).
He announces intent to actively lurk here, trying to make it look genuine by claiming it's for the purpose of making reads. Scumread gets more solid.
In post 106, Nibelung wrote:
In post 104, ² wrote:why is stating "if I was scum" scum motivated moreso than town motivated?

- b
That was actually a nice catch that I missed. It happened with me a lot in some of my previous games: When I was scum, I had an habit to say "if I was scum, I would do X". Took me a while to notice and control myself from doing so.

I will not jump on the wagon yet, but I'll point a finger to squared.
He points a finger at squared rather than voting, even though he admits it was a scumtell for himself in the past? Why not just vote 2? He also later says all the games he's played in over six years were incredibly short, fast-paced games, so this voting caution is wildly out of character for him.
In post 127, Nibelung wrote:
In post 122, FSnake wrote:
In post 72, Nibelung wrote:I'll stay mostly on watch for the next few days to create an opinion on each player.
from your signup you seem experienced enough to throw yourself in the game without watching much and forming reads while playing. that way we can form an opinion on you too
I will not activate my lurking mode, just saying that I will not start an acusation before I can at least recognize 5-8 players by their avatars alone. I just don't like to machinegun anything that seems slightly suspicious and lose focus.

And the hydras are giving me a headache to follow people saying the head's names instead of the hydra. I'll get used with them soon.

Thus far, I'm extra suspicious with Metal Sonic and PinHel for jumping in the squared wagon quickly, Nacho for doing page by page "scum list" (never liked players that do this kind of listing, but I like his proactivity), and squared for the "If I was scum" tell. But none of them is strong enough to be worth of my vote.

Did I said I don't like this kind of listing already? Well, did it just to help people to read me too.
Gives several people he's suspicious of but doesn't want to vote any of them. Apparently also doesn't want to vote people until he can recognize their avatars? What?

The caution and waffling here is giving me hives
In post 263, Nibelung wrote:
In post 202, PimHel wrote:@Nibelungen
Can you state how much experience you have?
As said on the queue topic, I have 6 years of experience on Mafia games, played regularly. Usually, on faster games (3-days per day instead of 3-weeks). And I believe I'm good enough on game theory to understand some tactics discussed.
In post 203, ² wrote: Why don't you just search my username and check literally every single game I've played on this site?

- b
Lack of time to read more games than this one. I need to focus my attention because of all the new people I didn't know. If I start reading another games, I risk mix up what I read there and here.

And if I wanted to wait for your wagon to grow up, I would have voted when you were at L-4.

Still reading the new posts. Only wanted to make those points clear asap.
If he's played so many fast-paced games in the past and this is his first game in a more laid-back setting (at least when buldermar isn't rapidfiring stream of consciousness, teehee) what is up with all the caution? I very briefly checked the meta he linked; the guy isn't shy with his vote. I refuse to believe he threw over his entire playstyle just because he's on a new site. I know that didn't happen with me, and I find it unbelievable that someone playing a specific type of game for six years is suddenly up to the eyeballs in caution. I think he's scum that doesn't want to mess up and get caught.
In post 269, Nibelung wrote:
In post 264, ² wrote:I think people are currently exaggerating the influence of my posting style and using it as an excuse for not reading carefully, not making reads and making silly votes.

- b
I don't like your spammy style. I like your constant questioning of anything people do without a reason. And I certainly agree 100% with the quote above.

And I still don't know if it is somewhat based on emotion, but I can't take out of my mind that you are scum making noise and shooting everyone hoping to hit something. As always, I might change my mind in the near future, but for now, you deserve my love.

Vote: 2
So, he doesn't like 2 because of his spammy style? That's an
awful
reason to vote someone. Like, his whole reasoning for voting 2 stinks. Also note he waited until the wagon quieted down before placing his vote.
In post 283, Nibelung wrote:
In post 271, AngstyMatters wrote:Nibelung, I want your top 3 scumreads, I want a vote placed right now by you, I want your two most recent towngames
Already linked the games. This is my first english game.

Top 3 scumreads: 2 (for reasons I already gave), Gamma (For indeciseness), Maxous (for jumping votes all the time without reason). But my gut feeling is much higher on 2 than the others for now.
In post 279, AngstyMatters wrote:Are Brazilians usually incredibly indecisive and overpolite?
Yes.
More bad reasoning.
In post 287, Nibelung wrote:
In post 285, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 283, Nibelung wrote:Gamma (For indeciseness)
Do you think indecisiveness is a scumtell?
Maybe I have misworded it. I think a lack of actions is scumtell. He made 5 posts, not a single one related to actual game discussion.
This is the first thing he's said that actually matches his play experience. It makes perfect sense for someone that has a history of fast-paced games to suspect someone because they're lurking. Still, it's not near enough to change my mind on him.
In post 443, Nibelung wrote:
In post 418, ² wrote: I iso'd Gamma in that thread to see if his first 4-5 posts here had a similar ring to his early posts in a thread where he was scum. They did. But, I was curious because he was the lynch on day 1. The thread was relatively short so I decided to read through day 1 to see how that lynch evolved. And it was interesting. Gamma recovered from a bad start, shed several votes, and another player was leading the lynch. Vi engaged the other player pretty heavily and I thought the tone was kind of unusual.

Then out of the blue she posted this: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p4385107

Gamma died and flipped scum.

- f
I usually don't have much to work on D1 (I'm used to 3-days-long days), and this analysis is well made. I can't think of a reason for you to be more scummy than Gamma after reading this, so I will buy it. And if he flips scum, you definitelly fall out of my suspicion list.

Unvote
Vote: Gamma

And I still can't see what people are saying about Sajin being scummy. I can't draw any conclusions from his posts so far.
At the time, I thought this guy was being opportunistic. I mean hell, he basically jumped on a wagon at the behest of one of his top scumreads. In retrospect though, he had no reason to jump on Gamma at this time. If they were partners, why on earth sheep your top scumread onto a partner? I can't in good conscience retain a scumread on this guy anymore. I just can't do it. Nothing he's said since really makes me change my mind either.

So in short, I started really suspicious about Nibel: his play here didn't seem to make sense, his reads were vague, his reasoning was pretty awful. But Gamma's flip changed it all. Guy's town as shit; his odd playstyle is easily attributable to nervousness on a new forum and another language.

Now, you're probably wondering "what the hell? I thought this was supposed to be a case on Nacho?" You'd be right to do so. However, it is absolutely necessary to show you the evolution of my read on Nibel; one of the key points of my Nacho case involves Nacho having a townread on him
before he had any reason to say so.

Now, let me show you why Nacho is scum...
Spoiler: Stay awhile, and listen!
Now, I'm not going to beat this points thing into the ground, since we've gotten a lot of people mentioning it already. My issue is not the points system itself but rather how Nacho uses it. I will be pointing out a few brief examples of why, so bear with me.
In post 45, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 23, Nibelung wrote:I don't know anyone, so, lets roll a true random vote.

Vote: Dry-Fit
Scummiest post of Day 1, scumtell negligible.
Remilia's vote for president thing was scummier than that.
In post 51, Nachomamma8 wrote:PimHel wins on page 2, still pretty negligible tho

1. PimHel & Nibelung: 1
And you're not bothered by 2's blatant misquote of AK?
In post 93, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hito, this is amazing.
Matt, it's to encourage scum to let me survive so they can see their high scores stack up.
My scumread on him hardened into certainty when I saw this. It's pretty obviously a joke, but there's just a scumNacho flavor to it. It's very distinctive and I've seen something similar to it before. I'll elaborate on that point in a bit.
In post 205, Nachomamma8 wrote:Toasty wins Page 4 with #99.
In post 105, ToastyToast wrote:WIFOM is just hypothetical bullshit that has no point being in a discussion. Don't tell me what you would do, show me what you are doing. WIFOM is never town-motivated and sometimes scum-motivated. Mostly its just poor argumentation.
This doesn't sound like you have any measure of a scumread on him, though.

Page 5 was pretty good for townreads (Maxous, Vi), and also good for the race. Toasty is no longer in last!
-1 for #105.
In post 136, CF Riot wrote:I think Nib is town.
I agree. But so are cat hydra and bf hydra.

MetalSonic is the champion of page 6.
In post 173, Gammagooey wrote:squared/tinytwo- if you have a bunch of little comments to say put them all in the same post, doing it like that will make extra pages that people will whine about and give people excuses to not bother catching up in-thread because it's sooooo looooong and yeah.
He will probably never do this, unfortunately.

Scarlet loses a point on Page 7. Weak :(
hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4933981 time=1367861443 user_id=10128 post_num=186]Well, you described yourself as a town-only role and I'm not a fan of your what-if WIFOM either.
His personality translates to all of his games, so this tell doesn't really help. But even then, I don't think I refer to hydra as lovers when I am town and masons when I am scum.
In post 194, Sajin wrote:More critical eyes on the game please.
I don't pay attention to votecounts unless I put down a vote, sorry.

#194 is page 8's first big winner. There was a pretty big wall, but most of it was advice, IIoA, that sort of thing. He did manage to take a dig at Gamma for a "~reasons~" post, but that sucked a lot.
Posts like this are why I dislike Nacho's point system and I believe it's being used more as a distraction tool than anything. There were plenty of things to respond to in those five pages (Nibelung waffling, scum masons, 2 doing all sorts of weird shit, etc.), Nacho ignores it all. His only meaningful contribution here was to point out Sajin's wall. It feels like he's using the point system to give the illusion of meaningful activity.
In post 235, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 228, Remilia Scarlet wrote:Nacho tell me how this number thing is useful and not just handwavy bullshit:

How do the numbers change when people flip? Or does that all go away then?
Why is one per page a useful metric?
Why are you just avoiding explaining why you think some things are bad?
Why is your vote not on your highest number?

Cause on the surface this seems pretty worthless to me.
The number thing is useful and not just handwavy bullshit for me and me alone. It may improve my reads, it may not. But I want to try it and I don't think it's particularly distracting.

Numbers disappear when people flip because the numbers game is different from reads.
One per page is a useful metric because it's more than every post, and it sets up for a quick reread later and tells me how important each page in general was to me.
Because the numbers game is for me and not for you.
Because I'm not voting yet.
In post 229, ToastyToast wrote:Your question was obv sarcastic.
It wasn't sarcastic, and we have a history together that lets buldermar/ff know that it was serious.
In post 242, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Gammagooey
The above two quotes go together. Nacho asserts his list isn't handwavy bullshit for him alone, then four lines later says the numbers game is for him and not anyone else. So is it for himself, or isn't it? Furthermore, why vote someone that isn't even on the list in the first place? Why have the list at all, if your reads aren't going to be affected by it? As I suspected, the numbers thing is not a reads aid but rather a smoke screen.
In post 275, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 273, AngstyMatters wrote:
In post 270, Nachomamma8 wrote:Matt...
Seriously vote Nibelung if you don't see that it's eons more worth it than a gamma vote right now holy shit
All I see is obvtown bleeding everywhere.
This is one of the other main reasons I have a scumread on Nacho. You all saw in my previous Nibelung case that he was a pretty scummy bugger up to this point; speaking for myself I didn't change my mind about his slot until after Gamma's flip. Where, then, is this bleeding obvtown Nacho sees from the slot? It's a townread he's got no business having at this point.

Why does this make Nacho scum? Here's why: F11. In that game, Nacho took a scummy slot (RachMarie, which I replaced into later) and called it "extremely town", citing meta reasons. At that point, Rach did not (in my opinion) deserve a town read, much less an "extremely town read". I was so convinced of the scumminess of the slot I even made mention of this later in the game and inadvertently committed the Amished tell while doing so. Why then did Nacho call her town? Answer: Because he knew she was town, and he wanted mislynch fodder for later (unfortunately that didn't work out, since I replaced in and obvtowned the slot <3).

And here we have Nacho doing something nearly identical w.r.t. Nibelung. He calls Nibel "bleedingly obvious town" but never backs it up or justifies why.
In post 298, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 295, AngstyMatters wrote:You're acting as if the nail has already been out in the coffin

We are on page 12 or whatever, let's play a bit
but when you start by playing, you get lazy and you continue being lazy and scum aren't afraid
i want scum to be afraid
This is another interesting little tell I picked up from F11, ironically from the same post where he called RachMarie "extremely town". Slightly earlier in the game Nacho posted a decently large post regarding Cogito Ergo Sum's meta. Dazed and Confused asked him why he posted that large meta post since he hadn't connected it to CES' play that game. Here's Nacho's response:
In post 262, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 202, Dazed and Confused wrote:-Nacho, what was the point of your massive analysis of CES's meta? You didn't actually connect any of that to anything he's done this game. You're just telling him what kinds of behaviour you'll read as town from him in advance. And that still doesn't explain why you don't like CES in the first place.
My point of my massive analysis of CES's meta is to make myself a threat to him as scum
. I want him to know that I'm not going to dismiss him because I can't read him, and that if he's not going to bus this game, he's going to need to fake that "moment" or I'm crushing him. I don't necessarily find him scummy yet; I was voting him to bring attention to him and see how he reacted before I went through the meta read.
See the similarity in the bolded? In this game he wants scum "to be afraid" and in the other he wants "to be a threat to CES as scum". This also ties into my earlier mention of Nacho's #93: that post has a similar flavor to this posturing Nacho does when scum.
In post 624, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 96, Gammagooey wrote:Please choose your favorite response from the choices seen below
Last time Vi and Gamma played together, Vi nailed the fuck out of him and daykilled him at the end of Day 1.
The move to say "hey, let's work together" gives Gamma the opportunity to watch Vi heavily while directing Vi's scumhunting abilities to good places, but Gamma sort of dismissed him in a weak way. Slight scum read because I expected something different, but not anything more than "hey, I should watch him for this sort of thing". My approach to ^2 was similar to Vi's because ^2 is pretty good reading me as a whole, but sometimes it takes me a little while to scumread on them. So, not only do I get to gauge their reactions to the initial deal, but we get to be nice and cozy for the rest of the game so I can be sure to solidify the read on them (since buldermar isn't the type to break a deal, and if he does this game, then I'm correcting an incorrect assumption).
The bolded will be important later.
In post 638, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 633, borkjerfkin wrote:I don't get his remembrance scumread.
I'm not familiar with Rem's scumgame, but I'm very familiar with his towngame. He hasn't demonstrated anything close to his towngame so far, so I'm holding back and seeing if he gives me something interesting or he keeps on weakposting.
Rem may well be a Nacho partner. Nacho made a nearly identical post in F11 regarding his partner FT in which he stated he was "holding the dragon back while he got other things done". Here he's holding back on Rem, waiting for him to stop weakposting. Sounds rather like a coach, in fact.
In post 786, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 773, ² wrote:I do that as town all the time. Is the meta really convincing? I don't want to read it, I just want you and/or Vi to say either "no, not entirely sure" or "yes, I'm positive that he's scum" so I know what to think if he flips town.
I am positive that he's scum.
Poor Gamma got bus'd. Hard.
In post 976, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 957, Vi wrote:
In post 941, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Sajin

I'd much rather move here.
Gamma's first vote was a bus?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
Hell yes.
In post 958, Sajin wrote:@Nacho, so you disagree with AM distracting from gamma wagon several times? He ended his vote on Rem Scarlet (likely town because of kurapika), He voted 2, dead town earlier in the day and myself (who I know to be town). Thats 3 votes(2 for everyone else) that were on town. If you think it is a shitty vote, you must disagree with the assertion that AM was distracting from gamma wagon, right? (Maxous goes into a detailed post analysis for AM distracting from gamma wagon in 944)
I don't care how many townies he voted, really. His thought process was genuine. Do I think he was distracting from the Gamma wagon? No. I doubt 4nxi3ty nor MattP would care about Gamma going down D1. MattP definitely wouldn't care about Gamma going down, considering Vi pushing him and what happened last time those two were on a scumteam together.
In post 958, Sajin wrote:You also think my vote was worse than a couple of the others? Please.

Nacho, what do you think about Metal Sonic?
It was the worst.
I think Metal Sonic is town as fuck.

Anxiety, what do YOU think about Sajin?
Bolded the relevant bit, he's done it again, now with Metal Sonic.
In post 1015, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1001, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Nacho can you explain the CF scum read please?
He defended the fuck out of Gamma in a way that was far scummier than AM's blatant, genuine defense.
In post 281, CF Riot wrote:Vi gave his reason and I assume Nacho is sheeping or adding pressure for his own reasons. I didn't read your wall so I missed what you said about gamma but having read it now it's hella weak.

Vote: Sajin

@PMatt I think Chrome can translate most of those pages.
He notices me sheeping and adding pressure for my own reasons, never asks me my reasons but continues to resist the wagon.
In post 446, CF Riot wrote:For me it's this. This is Sajin's support for his vote on Gamma. I don't find this to be a particularly strong reason to think someone is scum, and Sajin's vote was placed shortly after 2 other votes on Gamma while Sajin had 2 votes himself, which makes the timing look opportunistic.
Attacking Sajin for a weak vote on Gamma is nothing more than a shitty chainsaw defense.
In post 799, CF Riot wrote:I agree with the TNE scumreads. I think Sonic is kind of suspect but not top of my list. I don't feel like Gamma's play should have gathered as many votes as it has. I still suspect Sajin. I feel like Vi sort of deflected my conversation with him about Sajin and I will be watching him closely. I think I remember not liking a post by Kalimar somewhere in the last 5ish pages but I'll look that up again. Still comfortable with my vote on Sajin.
Agreeing with the Gamma counterwagon coming up, soft-defending Gamma but not being aggressive in making people to provide reasons, the "not liking a post by Kalimar in the last 5 pages" shit which just sucks.
In post 846, CF Riot wrote:lol, really Nacho? -1 for a prod dodge?
This post is scummy as fuck considering Gamma was quickhammered and one of his "kind of suspects" was the culprit.
CF Riot is not a Nacho partner.

Alright. My Nacho case essentially boils down to: using the points system as a distraction and to provide the illusion of activity, having townreads on people he has no business townreading at the times he townreads them (the timing is particularly important for Nibelung), and many of his posts have a tone/content that I've come to associate with scum Nacho (e.g. "threat to scum", "let me survive so scum can see their high scores", etc). He's also been subtly defending Remembrance: calling him out for not matching his town game, but calling TNE's vote on Rem "bad" even though nothing I see from Rem in the interim should have changed Nacho's mind about him, the post about "Ive decided Remilia Scarlet's meta of [Rem] is accurate" is super hinky #941.

Some of you have probably noticed in my Nibelung case that I said "Nibel cannot be Gamma's partner as he joined the Gamma wagon at a strange time", yet I am calling Nacho's vote a bus (he was actually the second on the wagon and stayed there until the lynch). Why isn't Nibel's vote a bus, yet Nacho's is? In fact, why the hell would Nacho bus at L-11?

Answer: Vi.

Vi, up to the point where Nacho voted Gamma, had only said one thing about why she's voting him:
In post 241, Vi wrote:MattP (of Angsty Matters) - Gammagooey is demoralized at having drawn scum again and is waiting for someone to put a b-ball above the bridge of his nose. Discuss.
Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I was hardly inspired to vote Gamma by that point. Why, then, did Nacho? He had other people on his radar, so why vote Gamma at that particular time? The answer is that Nacho had found the Jam and Berkeley game that 2 later linked; he mentions it explicitly in his #624. That's the only reason I can think of Nacho voted Gamma at that point. He found that game and, seeing that Gamma's actions here were similar to his actions in that game, decided right then and there to "trust" her and bus his mate. He might lose a partner, but after reading that game there was no way he was going to talk Vi out of a lynch on him. Besides, what kind of scum busses a buddy at L-11 on Day 1, right? Judging by the number of townreads on Nacho that cropped up after the flip (AK, TNE, CarbonFiber, RS, maybe more) it seems like most everyone else is leaning that way too. I could absolutely see Nacho bussing Gamma for the sole purpose of keeping Vi's steely gaze directed elsewhere. All the towncred is just a bonus.

Blimey, this took me a while to make. Before I forget:
VOTE: Nachomamma8
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1046, ToastyToast wrote:
In post 1045, Nachomamma8 wrote:Toasty, do you have any reads you think I'd like?
I think you are town <3 xoxo
you know what I want, and it ain't this.
what do you think of my other scumreads?
In post 1047, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I believe Nacho is town and based on that I'm willing to hear what he has for reads.
What's your read on Remembrance?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 5:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1053, Syryana wrote:I got early bad vibes on this guy, starting here. Note the bolded. He mentions having trouble translating certain names then lists Kurapika and Chrollo. Having just gotten done reading the part of the rules that mentioned the scumteam has fakeclaims, I felt like this guy threw out both his role name and that of his fakeclaim. Overly paranoid, probably, but it gave me a reason to keep my eye on this guy.
Paranoid, considering Kurapika has flipped.
In post 1053, Syryana wrote:He points a finger at squared rather than voting, even though he admits it was a scumtell for himself in the past? Why not just vote 2? He also later says all the games he's played in over six years were incredibly short, fast-paced games, so this voting caution is wildly out of character for him.
Not necessarily. In faster games, sometimes you don't exactly have time to fuck around; a vote is a vote to kill, instantly.
In post 1053, Syryana wrote:my Nacho case involves Nacho having a townread on him before he had any reason to say so.
This is stupid. I don't pick up on townreads as scum unless I can back them up decently, and it's never impossible for someone to pick up on a townread before you do. Just means that I'm looking at things that you're not.
In post 1053, Syryana wrote:Remilia's vote for president thing was scummier than that.
Not my opinion.
In post 1053, Syryana wrote:See the similarity in the bolded? In this game he wants scum "to be afraid" and in the other he wants "to be a threat to CES as scum". This also ties into my earlier mention of Nacho's #93: that post has a similar flavor to this posturing Nacho does when scum.
One was retroactive reasoning to explain why I was so interested in CES, the other was trying to get Matt to do something because he's being a lazy little shit.
In post 1053, Syryana wrote:Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I was hardly inspired to vote Gamma by that point. Why, then, did Nacho? He had other people on his radar, so why vote Gamma at that particular time? The answer is that Nacho had found the Jam and Berkeley game that 2 later linked; he mentions it explicitly in his #624. That's the only reason I can think of Nacho voted Gamma at that point. He found that game and, seeing that Gamma's actions here were similar to his actions in that game, decided right then and there to "trust" her and bus his mate.
I was in that game. I had similar thoughts. So I sheeped Vi.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 29 (Day 2, VC 4)

(5)
ToastyToast:
Kalimar, Vi, Nachomamma8, Remilia Scarlet, CarbonFiber [L-6]
(4)
AngstyMatters:
Remembrance, Sajin, Magua, Maxous
(Vi)

(2)
Remembrance:
Amethyst Kitty, thenewearth
(2)
Metal Sonic:
AngstyMatters, ToastyToast
(1)
Maxous:
Dry-Fit
(1)
Nachomamma8:
Syryana
(0)
Sajin:
(Nachomamma8)

(0)
Magua:
(Nachomamma8)

(5)
Not Voting:
Metal Sonic, CF Riot, hp [leaves], Nibelung, implosion
(Remilia Scarlet, CarbonFiber, Syryana)

With 20 votes in play, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, June 1st at 2 PM CST.

Day Two Deadline(expired on 2013-06-01 14:00:00)

Nibelung has requested replacement. Searching...
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 am

@Syr: I'll read your case on nacho in more depth later but the moment you included nacho's point system as reason to nacho-scum already made me think that your case terrible.

-G
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 am

Is terrible*
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Syryana »

Yeah, you should probably read it.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Fucking internets deleted my shit and now I have to write it again. Bullshit.
In post 1054, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1046, ToastyToast wrote:
In post 1045, Nachomamma8 wrote:Toasty, do you have any reads you think I'd like?
I think you are town <3 xoxo
you know what I want, and it ain't this.
what do you think of my other scumreads?
In post 1047, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I believe Nacho is town and based on that I'm willing to hear what he has for reads.
What's your read on Remembrance?
Buttered Toast

Syryana
Dry-Fit
hp [leaves]
AngstyMasters
AmethystKitty
Maxous (Keeping a close eye on Maxous; my gut disagrees with logic here, but logic wins out despite the feels)
Nachomamma8
Kalimar
Toast

thenewearth
Remembrance
Vi (I feel like people are callin' Vi obvtown just because of her role in the Gamma lynch, which is troubling. I don't think it clears her, but I need see what she does today to figure out my complete read on her)
Magua
CarbonFiber
Nibelung
implosion (strange assortment of reads)
Burnt Toast

Remilia Scarlet (I think her response to pressure yesterday was townish, but today they have gone lurk-mode. And on a hydra, too.
CF Riot (I have to look at his meta, but CF is so UTR, and I think he's trying to sneak by unnoticed)
Sajin (Gut, mostly. Everytime I read something of his I feel like its contrived/unecessary)
MetalSonic (The more he says that lynching someone who isn't claimed, saying "wait for the flip b4 you make judgements" like he knows what is going to happen, then trying to use said lynch to show "OMGSUHPROTOWN, the more I think he's scum. Confirmation bias my ass.)
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

now HERE's what I'm talking about.
What do you think of the theory that Remilla Scarlet was targetted by OS during the night and thus is confirmed town?

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 am

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1061, Nachomamma8 wrote:now HERE's what I'm talking about.
What do you think of the theory that Remilla Scarlet was targetted by OS during the night and thus is confirmed town?
it is a possibility, but I don't think Oversoul crumbed it enough where we knew who he was going to select. I definitely think we should delve into his posts a bit more and see if we can find anything.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 860, Oversoul wrote:I still RS is probably scum
In post 861, Oversoul wrote:Think*

I've played in a game, still going on, with Metal. I'll have to check if his play is similar but my gut lies with RS
These are his last two posts, after the lynch was hammered. I don't think we'll find a crumb that's clearer than that.

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 am

Post by ToastyToast »

He also addressed Magua and Kitty in his last few posts. Both of those posts were essentially asking "Are you town?"

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But those two were the last posts, so it had that conclusive feel. It seems strange to hide a breadcrumb almost before your last post, then make something that's SERIOUSLY a breadcrumb in your last post.

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Fair enough. I guess I just expect to see a bit more role-crumbing from Oversoul, on account that he is a loaf of bread.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

He's freshly baked, so he isn't as crumbly as you are.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Vi »

Syryana 1053 wrote:Bolded the relevant bit,
[Nacho']
s done it
[called a scummy player Town]
again, now with Metal Sonic.
So you're acknowledging that Metal Sonic is probTown?

I'm still fine with my Toast vote.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by implosion »

so i started ISOing toasty, and i liked what i saw. by which i mean i didn't see anything particularly towny and i saw plenty that was at least somewhat scummy. I'll probably finish isoing him later and vote him then. i could also vote him now but not in the mood~.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1068, Vi wrote:So you're acknowledging that Metal Sonic is probTown?

I'm still fine with my Toast vote.
Yeah, he's probably town.

I'ma go ISO Toasty now.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 1060, ToastyToast wrote: Maxous (Keeping a close eye on Maxous; my gut disagrees with logic here, but logic wins out despite the feels)
What's your logic for Maxous being town?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

[quote="In post 1071, Dry-fit"][/quote]
His post #944 made my nipples hard.

thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I'm surprised at how active MS is at defending himself.

And that he's only active at defending.

VOTE: Metal Sonic
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 1011, Magua wrote:Hypothetical scum motivation would be losing D1 lynch followed up with not being able to secure a D2 mislynch.
Let's just clarify, this attack is calling Nibelung a plausible buddy of AM right?
Nibel was frustrated scum over the way that *yet again* his buddy is being run up.

Might be redundant, but do you think AM was bussing Nibel to draw attention away from his rolecop?
In post 1003, AngstyMatters wrote:
town leans

vi
@AM:
Talk to me about this one please.
You have Vi at null-town instead of town, why?
Does your other head share this opinion?
In post 1027, ToastyToast wrote:2) i gave my top 3 scum reads and explained them. That is scumhunting.
Only when you were directly asked twice for the other 2 scumreads though.
MS was a higher scum-read than squared but you were pretty slow to talk about him imo. (again until Nacho asked directly to explain the read)
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”