AngelInFreezer
AngelInFreezer
Townie
AngelInFreezer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 am

Post by AngelInFreezer »

@notscience: I see you can scumhunt fairly well even with fuzzy's nonsense.

Now tell me. How is fuzzy distracting you enough for you to push a lynch on him?

Sidenote: my hydra partner where art thou D:

-G
AngelInFreezer
AngelInFreezer
Townie
AngelInFreezer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:53 am

Post by AngelInFreezer »

Sorry Rob. But this time the top of the page is mine!
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 10:03 am

Post by HookerPunch »

GiF, what's your read on Amrun and fuzzy at the moment?
Just a wraith.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am

Post by jon_h61 »

On AJ I have nothing to say, the one game we were in together, he said very little, but was Town. I'm leaning Town here.
In post 222, JKMatthews wrote:I'm still not liking fuzzy or bubba, but really I'm letting my dislike of their playstyle get in the way of my scumhunting. If that's how they play either way, it's annoying as shit and I hope they're the
night kills
tonight, but I need to start looking elsewhere for scum.
How do you know there'll be more than one NK?
In post 226, JKMatthews wrote:Ninja'd - I agree that of all the garbage arguing, Amrun seemed to have dodged the most scrutiny. Still, there's a lot of ego coming out there which isn't necessarily scum-motivated...
I take this as a Town read then?
In post 241, Amrun wrote:Vote: JKMathews

I really disliked his recent post/entrance. As much as I appreciate him for not saying anything horrendous, his post is a lot of IoA and does absolutely nothing to advance the game. He's active lurking and not allowing himself to be read.
JKM, That one Road to Rome game we were in together, your reads were more filled out. Is this a time constraint thing, or are you scum. (An honest answer would be appreciated) heh
In post 216, Amrun wrote:That is one of the worst things I've ever heard.

I deserve a hug for having read that.
/hugs

-G half of AiF I see your Town reads, you say it's gonna be easy. Who are your scum reads? I like NotScience for scum too, could you clarify your stance a bit?

I'm going to be null on Bubba for awhile longer. I'm having a hard time getting a grip on him.

fuzzy's Town for the time being.

HookerPunch gets a town read, I liked their reads. Though I'm unsure where you stand on Amrun.

JuanJuan looks Town too, Juan, this is normal fuzzy if that helps. Have you played Mafia anywhere besides here?

Marcmann hasn't given enough to get any kind of read, yet.

I'd rather have NS as a mod over a player, in the one game I've played with him, and others I've followed I can never get a good read on him.

NotScience is my biggest scumspect, and where my vote will be until/unless something bigger comes along.
In post 111, notscience wrote:
In post 110, jon_h61 wrote:fuzzy's playing toward other Town games I've read, he can be tenacious when he decides someone's scum. I'll have to check out a few of his scum games to be see how he plays scum. I remember once he pulled a gambit that didn't work out so well though for his scum team.
Tenacity isn't really the reason for my vote. His comment right before felt off to me. Like he was trying to force Juan to back off and follow anything he says.
I'll give fuzzy a Town read, but it doesn't mean I agree with all his reads.
In post 184, notscience wrote:So, in your minds a distraction is someone who I think is town? No. A distraction in my case is
someone whose play waffles back and forth so much
I want to vote them just as much as sheeping them. And bubba, I'm not about to stand by anyones points in this, noone has brought up anything that I can actually find a common thread in my own thoughts.
Of all the things you could say of fuzzy, you pick waffling? I'd say it was anything but waffling. Closer to stonewalling, maybe? Why would you want to sheep fuzzy?

Rob13 Yeah he's scum, I can prove it! He knows all the Townies!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:11 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 249, Aj The Epic wrote:Fuzzy, even in that, you don't get rid of your scum buddy day 1. It's a numbers game and you don't do that. Plus, let's face it: Amrun would be the one sent to endgame in a Amrun/Bubbajack scum team. They aren't both scum. Now answer the question again: Why are voting with one of your scumspecs?
When you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

You completely missed the point of that post, though.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Rob14 »

I go out to eat and miss my top-of-page. Bah.

Vote Count #1.10:

notscience:
jon_h61, Nobody Special, JuanJuan, AngelInFreezer, JKMatthews (5)
HookerPunch:
marcmann2, Aj The Epic, notscience (3)
Amrun:
bubbajack8, fuzzybutternut (2)
JKMatthews:
Amrun (1)

Not Voting:
pitoli, HookerPunch

With 13 alive, it takes 7 players to reach a lynch.

V/LA:
Mod V/LA from 5/27 to 5/28. Maestro filling in.
Amrun until 5/28.
Bubba until 5/26.

Deadline:
(expired on 2013-06-10 22:45:00)
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

HA.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
JuanJuan
JuanJuan
Goon
JuanJuan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 am

Post by JuanJuan »

In post 245, fuzzybutternut wrote:So that, in the event their partner gets lynched later in the game, they can go back and say "hey, look, I voted for him here when I thought he was scum, but no one else did."
TL;DR: Town points.
Apologies for being inactive, had my last exam and been on a bit of a bender. Jon, I've played 3 other games not on MS, but all over 2 years ago. Will catch up tonight.
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by bubbajack8 »

In post 248, bubbajack8 wrote:
In post 247, notscience wrote: Bubba, explain to me how
all
that from JKM even hints of content, when you yourself say content>amount. He's written essays, okay. He hasn't done anything excluding shop around for votes. He tries to discredit it saying reads change, but his reads change THAT fast, to the point where he can deduce someone is "scum" without even asking them anything?
I will if I have time later today.
Time now:

Spoiler:
In post 42, JKMatthews wrote: Also notscience's "oh i guess you found us" comment doesn't quite sit right with me either... so maybe he's scum trying to incriminate Bubba, or maybe he's using the "humour" thing I've heard so much about...
I thought you said he wasn't analyzing? He's analyzing motivations here.
In post 130, JKMatthews wrote:While I'm finding it hard to place people seeing as these arguments could easily just be town v town, so far what stands out to me is:
-HookerPunch's posts seem fairly shallow, and
-fuzzybutternut is being intentionally unhelpful to anyone but himself.

Observations he's made that could help town.
In post 130, JKMatthews wrote: I wholeheartedly believe that even if fuzzy is town pulling off some nonsense to try to out scum, intentionally muddying the waters in a game of this size just doesn't help town. Trying to make your own reads solid while making it almost impossible for the rest of your team to get a grip on anything isn't a valid trade-off in a team game.
Please don't read that as "I think fuzzy is town", but more as "fuzzy is being dodgy as hell, and if somehow it's because of shortsighted 'town' reasons I don't mind trying to clear out some chaff"

UNVOTE:
VOTE: fuzzybutternut
Gives reason to his vote.
In post 138, JKMatthews wrote:I'm willing to believe fuzzybutternut might be town, but anybody who's self-aware of their meta can then fake it. And so I'm happy to leave my vote on the person who's shrouded himself in a cloak of annoying bullshit.

AIF - maybe put a vote down if the game's so easy?

Being Cautious, but shows Confidence.
In post 222, JKMatthews wrote: I'm still not liking fuzzy or bubba, but really I'm letting my dislike of their playstyle get in the way of my scumhunting. If that's how they play either way, it's annoying as shit and I hope they're the night kills tonight, but I need to start looking elsewhere for scum.

Realizes something is wrong.
In post 222, JKMatthews wrote:notscience gets his back up at the smallest sign of pressure, goes into full sarcasm mode, gets a mention from others, then flips the switch and makes the above post with a few vague reads.
Let's make it 4/6 posts that are vote-switching.]
UNVOTE:
VOTE: notscience[/vote
Yet again, gives reason for his vote.
In post 226, JKMatthews wrote:My opinions changed on how people's opinions evolve (or at least what the express evolves). There are plenty of points where I would have asked questions but they're already answered in later posts, or people's points of view are brought more to light.

I ask him a question he answered fully, to what I wanted to hear.
In post 226, JKMatthews wrote: Don't get me wrong, I think the arguing that's been happening here is a giant waste of time/space, and for
that
I'll be keeping a close eye on those involved, but this game is also pretty good at making egos run wild and I get that.

Doesn't like the arguing, thinks it's pointless, but understands where it is coming from.
In post 226, JKMatthews wrote: This game is one of the few where hypocrisy is justifiable, because everyone knows their own alignment. It's also context though. I could take notes as I read, posting massive lists of my play-by-play readthroughs whenever I get the chance to post, or I could say "I've been following, here's what I currently think." That's me being vague. notscience, on the other hand, was completely indignant and sarcastic, then out of nowhere turns around and tries to squeeze some reads out of somewhere...

Furthers his reasoning for his vote, and acknowledges my claim he was being vague.

You said he's "written essays" when really only 2 of his posts take 2 paragraphs.
In post 249, Aj The Epic wrote:Fuzzy, even in that, you don't get rid of your scum buddy day 1. It's a numbers game and you don't do that. Plus, let's face it: Amrun would be the one sent to endgame in a Amrun/Bubbajack scum team. They aren't both scum. Now answer the question again: Why are voting with one of your scumspecs?
I think he was trying to say I want him lynched now so I can say late "hey I lynched Amrun D1, Why would I possibly do that as scum, this is a number's game, that's dumb." etc.
In post 250, AngelInFreezer wrote:How is fuzzy distracting you enough for you to push a lynch on him?
I wonder this as well. I thought he touched on this though, I could be wrong....
In post 253, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 222, JKMatthews wrote:I'm still not liking fuzzy or bubba, but really I'm letting my dislike of their playstyle get in the way of my scumhunting. If that's how they play either way, it's annoying as shit and I hope they're the
night kills
tonight, but I need to start looking elsewhere for scum.
How do you know there'll be more than one NK?

I think he was saying he'd like to see be and fuzzy be Night Kills, not They should both die tonight...
In post 226, JKMatthews wrote:Ninja'd - I agree that of all the garbage arguing, Amrun seemed to have dodged the most scrutiny. Still, there's a lot of ego coming out there which isn't necessarily scum-motivated...
I take this as a Town read then?

I'd assume null?
In post 253, jon_h61 wrote: -G half of AiF I see your Town reads, you say it's gonna be easy. Who are your scum reads? I like NotScience for scum too, could you clarify your stance a bit?

Says I like Not as scum as well, asks someone else to clarify their stance.

Doesn't clarify his stance.
In post 253, jon_h61 wrote: HookerPunch gets a town read, I liked their reads. Though I'm unsure where you stand on Amrun.

He said he thought Am was town. Unless he updated his read.
In post 253, jon_h61 wrote: I'd rather have NS as a mod over a player, in the one game I've played with him, and others I've followed I can never get a good read on him.

NotScience is my biggest scumspect, and where my vote will be until/unless something bigger comes along.

Ok, so you can never get a good read on him, but he's your biggest scumspect? Makes sense.

I get it. For real. No sarcasm. Found it funny though. How you say you can't get I good read on him, but he's your biggest suspect. Seems like a self preservation.
In post 184, notscience wrote:So, in your minds a distraction is someone who I think is town? No. A distraction in my case is
someone whose play waffles back and forth so much
I want to vote them just as much as sheeping them. And bubba, I'm not about to stand by anyones points in this, noone has brought up anything that I can actually find a common thread in my own thoughts.
Of all the things you could say of fuzzy, you pick waffling? I'd say it was anything but waffling. Closer to stonewalling, maybe? Why would you want to sheep fuzzy?

I don't understand why people keep thinking not is scum.

Well I kind of do.

But for real, what scum motivation is there to pursue someone who everyone thinks is town? Unless you think he's a PR, which SOMEONE has already said he probably isn't... So I don't see scum motivation for notscience.

Sheep him where did that come from?
In post 253, jon_h61 wrote: Rob13 Yeah he's scum, I can prove it! He knows all the Townies!
Rob's always scum
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 258, bubbajack8 wrote:Ok, so you can never get a good read on him, but he's your biggest scumspect? Makes sense.

I get it. For real. No sarcasm. Found it funny though. How you say you can't get I good read on him, but he's your biggest suspect. Seems like a self preservation.
We unfortunately have two NSs.
NotScience and NS. As far as I know Not Science has never modded on Mafiascum. NS (Nobody Special) has. When I use NS I will always be referring to NS (Nobody Special). Apologies, NotScience will always (at least in this game) be spelled out by me.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 257, JuanJuan wrote:
In post 245, fuzzybutternut wrote:So that, in the event their partner gets lynched later in the game, they can go back and say "hey, look, I voted for him here when I thought he was scum, but no one else did."
TL;DR: Town points.
Apologies for being inactive, had my last exam and been on a bit of a bender. Jon, I've played 3 other games not on MS, but all over 2 years ago. Will catch up tonight.
In post 184, notscience wrote:So, in your minds a distraction is someone who I think is town? No. A distraction in my case is someone whose play waffles back and forth so much
I want to vote them just as much as sheeping them
. And bubba, I'm not about to stand by anyones points in this, noone has brought up anything that I can actually find a common thread in my own thoughts.
The bolded is the statement I was asking about.

I changed my mind, I'll call Not Science Not, if he doesn't mind.
Nobody Special has been NS too long to switch now.
Not Science -Not
Nobody Special -NS
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I have no clue how the top quote box got there? I was reading Bubbajack's last post and responding to it. Gremlins in Mafiascum???
JuanJuan
JuanJuan
Goon
JuanJuan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by JuanJuan »

Yeah, I didn't quote the one in my post either :P
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 250, AngelInFreezer wrote:@notscience: I see you can scumhunt fairly well even with fuzzy's nonsense.

Now tell me. How is fuzzy distracting you enough for you to push a lynch on him?

Sidenote: my hydra partner where art thou D:

-G

:L

I honestly have no rebuttal for that. I feel like it was me trying to find an excuse to be lazy (I'm getting lax in most of my games now, I need to step it up anyways). So, yeah.

VOTE: Amrun

More pressure is always nice. QQ about us noobs more please.
AngelInFreezer
AngelInFreezer
Townie
AngelInFreezer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:52 am

Post by AngelInFreezer »

My hydra partner will post...someday...

Anywho

@HP:
Fuzzy - town. But he should be vig'd.
Amrun - my stance on her is basically what JKM thinks about her. Added to that, her "QQing against newbs" looks like a frustration, not scum trying to go for easy target.

@Jon:
-his "fuzzy distracts me let's lynch him" looks like a petty excuse for going for easy lynch
-his reaction against pressure (do better plz)
-his opportunistic jump on Amrun just now.

-G
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

The three on Amrun are the three with the lowest amount of mafia knowledge/ms meta by my count. This is probably a frustration wagon and I really don't see much merit to it.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Rob14 »

Pitoli is replaced by Hoopla.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 241, Amrun wrote:Fyi to everyone: noob is not an insult and I never intended it as such. Saying I am more experienced is not having an ego. It is being factual. Anyone with eyes can see it. I am not saying I am some amazingly skilled player, but I have a LOT of games and experience. Somehow saying so and correcting people about serious gaffes in theory is condescending. Sorry if you think so but idc really. Know that I am not trying to insult or imply you're terrible or whatever.
I like playing with more experienced players, and don't mind being called out on bad play. It helps me grow as a player, and I can watch scum hunting techniques I'd not learn otherwise. My experience is all here on mafiascum, and I have a long way to go before I call myself experienced. I'm telling you this so maybe it'll help you get a better read on me if you're Town, which I'm leaning strongly that you are.
Aj The Epic wrote:The three on Amrun are the three with the lowest amount of mafia knowledge/ms meta by my count. This is probably a frustration wagon and I really don't see much merit to it.
Agree.

@AiF Thanks
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:28 am

Post by notscience »

In post 267, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 241, Amrun wrote:Fyi to everyone: noob is not an insult and I never intended it as such. Saying I am more experienced is not having an ego. It is being factual. Anyone with eyes can see it. I am not saying I am some amazingly skilled player, but I have a LOT of games and experience. Somehow saying so and correcting people about serious gaffes in theory is condescending. Sorry if you think so but idc really. Know that I am not trying to insult or imply you're terrible or whatever.
I like playing with more experienced players, and don't mind being called out on bad play. It helps me grow as a player, and I can watch scum hunting techniques I'd not learn otherwise. My experience is all here on mafiascum, and I have a long way to go before I call myself experienced. I'm telling you this so maybe it'll help you get a better read on me if you're Town, which I'm leaning strongly that you are.
Aj The Epic wrote:The three on Amrun are the three with the lowest amount of mafia knowledge/ms meta by my count. This is probably a frustration wagon and I really don't see much merit to it.
Agree.

@AiF Thanks

I smell buddying in the first half of this post. Anyone else?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:24 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 268, notscience wrote:I smell buddying in the first half of this post. Anyone else?
lol. Does it hurt for people to know my experience? I was bringing it up because of earlier posts.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:59 am

Post by notscience »

In post 269, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 268, notscience wrote:I smell buddying in the first half of this post. Anyone else?
lol. Does it hurt for people to know my experience? I was bringing it up because of earlier posts.

"I'm telling YOU this so you can get a better read on me because I think you're town" I see buddying, I'm not retracting that statement. I'd like to know why.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 270, notscience wrote:"I'm telling YOU this so you can get a better read on me because I think you're town" I see buddying, I'm not retracting that statement. I'd like to know why.
OK, call it buddying. The label's OK by me. Is there something wrong with wanting a strong Town bloc? My question to you, why does it bother you so bad? I'm not going to tell you to meta me, but I always try to clear Town. It definitely helps PoE, and can scare the hell out of scum.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

holla

amrun, why are you riling up the newbies? what are you trying to achieve here?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: JKMatthews

Amrun is at least right about this.

A lot of unengaging philosophizing coming from Matthew and not much else. It's fairly scummy, and as a bonus tidbit, if he is scum, then his buddies haven't been under pressure all day. We'd see more urgency or direction towards other players if his partners were being wagoned - again, assuming he is scum, though.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:24 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Hi Hoopla, thanks for joining the game! Happy Birthday!

Another experienced player I can buddy, yea! :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”