Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 873, waynegg wrote:I think you don't want me to pull up those matching posts
I hope you will. But, if it turns out that you can find that some of my snarky posts as scum and some of my snarky posts as town are similar, that's not going to be a huge surprise. I've historically played a sort of chameleon scum game where I try to stick with behaviors I exhibit as town. The problem with that kind of game, even when it's played perfectly, is that town behaviors aren't efficient for a scum wincon, which is why I now try to think about effectiveness and efficiency as scum more when I draw scum roles. The other problem is that my reactions to pressure as scum and town are different. That's why there are markers in the types of snark I tend toward as different alignments.

Cabd linked me to an offsite game where he says you spent about 60 pages trying to convince him he was scum. You know, it's at least a positive change that you recognize that sort of argument is a waste of time.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 874, Psychlone wrote:
In post 849, morph the cat wrote:Null
thenewearth - play the damn game.
I thought you were gonna show at least a bit of interest
I've gotten kinda sidetracked with wayne. :/

Will look now.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 874, Psychlone wrote:
In post 849, morph the cat wrote:Null
thenewearth - play the damn game.
I thought you were gonna show at least a bit of interest
All I see is a prod dodge.

And I've noted that you're calling him town for tone.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 853, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
Mostly based on how the game is played, rather than the people contained within it. In other words, I'm not feeling the definite reads vibe from you, and considering you're not proven you're as cheeky as Mastin for example, it feels...off.
I don't know shit about the other people in this game. I only joined in August so I'm not at all familiar with how everyone here plays, besides some random things that don't form a coherent basis for much. so for now I go almost exclusively based on how the game is being played. sometimes I'll find a personal thing but IMO I can see things better when I look at it this way. I feel it's pretty obvious based on my questioning what most of my reads are.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@Varsoon:
In post 831, pieguyn wrote:also what's your opinion on morph's ?
@morph:
so what's the results you got from this obvious as fuck reaction test? I know you mentioned at multiple points that you still haven't sorted my reaction, but I don't think you ever explicitly posted the conclusion? also, were there any reactions you were watching out for in advance?

also, I've you asked a total of one question that you claimed you answered already. so why is it suddenly "most" of them?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

town
3. Mac <- I liked how he was discussing the merits of "scumslips" earlier. sure everyone was saying it was bad, but he seemed like the first who really questioned the whole validity of "scumslip" as a scumtell as a whole, and backed it up with evidence.
7. pieguyn
12. waynegg
13. zMuffinMan

oh my god they might be scum
6. Morph the Cat (fferyllt + Cabd)

null-town
1. BROseidon
8. Psychlone (GuyInFreezer + Nachomamma8) <- GiF seems less serious in this game than what I know of his scumgame, but that's from my one completed game with him, which isn't even on this site, so I'm not sure how accurate that even is. I was thinking he didn't seem to be actually doing much and instead just responding to things, but disengagement explains that.

null
2. Ghostly Penguin (Ghostlin + penguin_alien)
10. thezmon221 <- noticed more flow-going with him
11. Varsoon

scum
4. MafiaSSK
5. mastin2 <- he's giving me weird as fuck vibes. his post with all the :Ps seems kind of forced for me, as well as him suddenly pushing a scumread on me for asking what was up with one of his scumreads. he seems to be overemphasizing the fact that he's not confident in his reads and it seems like him flip flopping around helps to emphasize that.
9. thenewearth. also he's obviously Cirno who can't even be in this game making him mafia

here's an idea
@MafiaSSK:
make a real post plz or die :>
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 879, pieguyn wrote:
@morph:
so what's the results you got from this obvious as fuck reaction test? I know you mentioned at multiple points that you still haven't sorted my reaction, but I don't think you ever explicitly posted the conclusion? also, were there any reactions you were watching out for in advance?
I'm going to let Cabd answer your question about his conclusions from the reaction test. My own thoughts were that on balance your reaction was null to null-town.

Directionally, you (once again...) should be able to tell what our conclusions were based on where you are in our reads list. I had you at null, and Cabd talked me into null-town with some footnotes.
also, I've you asked a total of one question that you claimed you answered already. so why is it suddenly "most" of them?
One question where I snapped at you. Not the first question I thought earlier posts would have answered if you gave it some thought.

But, I think I've figured out part of why your questions have made me irritable. I don't always want other players to know what I'm thinking about them, and sometimes your attempts to get me to make explicit what is implicit have run against my intent.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 879, pieguyn wrote:
@Varsoon:
In post 831, pieguyn wrote:also what's your opinion on morph's ?
Having played a lot of games with GiF, this is actually more in line with how I feel that town-GiF plays rather than Cabd or Ffery.

I'm not all too great at reading them, but I don't get much out of 798 outside of it being a kinda-weak defense of play.

Why do you ask?

Also-also, I agree that SSK needs pressure to play the game.
Keeping my vote where it is.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 882, Varsoon wrote:Having played a lot of games with GiF, this is actually more in line with how I feel that town-GiF plays rather than Cabd or Ffery.

I'm not all too great at reading them, but I don't get much out of 798 outside of it being a kinda-weak defense of play.

Why do you ask?
I was mostly going for this
No, it does not read that I think mastin is town. It reads that I'm talking to him as though he could be town. And I'm listening to the echoes that come back in the conversation from being talked to as a potential teammate.
this seemed really similar to what I was doing with morph and BRO. I had early townreads on both of them so I was suspending suspicion on them in order to work with them a bit, and if something seemed terribly off I could go back and resort them. I'd think if you were scumreading me for a reason similar to that then this, which seems like a pretty similar thing, should at least ring some sort of bell.

the same thing with thezmon's post how he was accusing wayne of repeatedly misrepping and scumpainting every single thing he did. that's pretty much exactly what you accused me of doing and your main reason for pushing on me. but when it happens there you don't even notice it until I point out the specific post it's in?
In post 787, Varsoon wrote:I don't think much of it. Nothing stood out to me.
and even then you aren't scumreading either of them for it?

this seems like cherrypicking, which is also one of the things you accused me of doing. a lot of stuff happens that's similar to stuff you claim I did yet none of it pings you?

if you think SSK needs pressure to play the game, why aren't you voting him?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Post by Mac »

yo! ill have a post up after work tonight.

quickly though: pieguy - opinion on morph (quick summary will do, dont make me iso because im pages behind)

@morph - a bit fucking harsh to accuse me of not playing the game considering im doing my best (ie catching up when i can and posting.) tell me what you were expecting after gears, cos that was by far and away not my best xeno game, let alone best game.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:10 am

Post by thenewearth »

Spoiler: BRO
In post 26, BROseidon wrote:10/10 to mastin and Nacho. Would read again.
In post 45, BROseidon wrote:4/10. Not nearly as good as mastin's
In post 49, BROseidon wrote:Mac, tne, and GP all haven't posted, so I won't be able to figure out how you sorted those ones...
Already Said why I don't like these posts.
In post 104, BROseidon wrote:
In post 60, morph the cat wrote:
In post 31, zMuffinMan wrote:OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP, READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Claim: PGO

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, THIS IS NOT A TEST, I'M A PGO SO IF YOU'RE SCUM PLEASE TARGET ME KTHX
What an odd set of circumstances. It just so happens that:

I claim miller-tracker
10/10
Why do you give a 10/10 on a miller-tracker claim?

And then,
In post 109, BROseidon wrote:
In post 97, Varsoon wrote:I'm also scum-reading zmuffin, but that's because I don't believe the PGO claim and I always scum-read zmuffin. I was even scum-reading zmuffin in Xenogears. I had to constantly check to make sure he wasn't on my team that game.
In post 36, Venmar wrote:OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP, READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, THIS IS NOT A TEST, I'M A PGO SO IF YOU'RE SCUM PLEASE TARGET ME KTHX
No wonder all those crumbs slipped by you guys...
Give no shit about a PGO claim that came before?
And what is this about crumbs?
In post 116, BROseidon wrote:Early townreads on morph and psychlone, with a townleans on Muffin and pie.

VOTE: VarsoonVOTE: that jump was crazy awkward, and it's roughly where you jumped on the low-hanging fruit wagon last time as scum (5th on TD, 4th here)
This is more of an opportunity vote than Varsoon.
Especially because of how he "stole" pieguy's reasoning a few posts after his interaction with him.
Either scumbuddies or BRO just buddying pie
In post 293, BROseidon wrote:
In post 135, thenewearth wrote:
Just because it's mastin and nacho?
And 4/10 because we haven't posted.

Uhm... mastin was first poster, 10/10

Then pieguy 4/10?

Wtf?

Either buddying, or scumz
Or both, even.
In post 43, BROseidon wrote:
In post 28, morph the cat wrote:
BRO! What's wrong with you? That was GiF.
>.<
OR

He's just being so biased right now >.>

VOTE: BRO
8/10. Pretty solid.
Why was this solid to you, btw?
At least give reasons why you think the "grade" a post gets is like what it is.
In post 301, BROseidon wrote:Wait, reading comprehension.

SELF META TIME WOOHOO:

I've lurked day 1 in all 3 of my completed scum games (WitME is sort of hard to count here, because you ended that D1 early. I still lurked day 1 in Xenoblade and NY 165)
I've lurked day 1 as town in a lot of my town games (Death's diner had me fairly active early, then lurking, then active again once I was wagoned)
I've also had crazy activity early in towngames (Jobpick sticks out here)

Basically, my posting pattern is fairly erratic and more indicative of how many games I'm in/how busy I am than it is of my alignment.
Self-meta is basically like "LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M SCUM. SEE?! I'M NOT DOING THESE THINGS!! ERGO, I'M TOWN. DUN VOTE ME GAISE"
And, like how it's used now, completely trying to justify actions.
Why are you bothered when people try to look at you, that you result in using stuff like this?
That, to me, screams scum anytime you use it.
In post 622, BROseidon wrote:VOTE: Wayne

Your interactions with muffin and thez remind me of how you dealt with SK/Andy/Amrun in LotR.
MOAR OPPORTUNITY VOTES
In post 676, BROseidon wrote:
In post 649, waynegg wrote:Onward as in basically vanilla N1 and then watcher from N2 until I die or the game ends.
Bork had a delayed PR in his last game. This makes sense as a role. Would also explain wanting people off you :/

VOTE: SSK
EVEN MOAR OPPORTUNITY VOTES
In post 827, BROseidon wrote:Current reads list, since Nacho asked so nicely:

Town:

pieguyn
psyche
GP
{mastin/morph}
{wayne/thez}

null-town:

muffinz
Varsoon

null:

Mac

null-scum:

SSK
TNE

scum:

{mastin/morph}
{Wayne/Thez}

The bracketed groups are groups where I think both people look bad, but are mutually exclusive as scum (what I had for bnb/nick in Xenogears AND YES I KNOW I WAS WRONG ABOUT THAT)
Let me ask for reasons nicely then.

Spoiler: wayn
In post 84, waynegg wrote:Why, fleasmon?
Based on his answer, did you think he was town or scum?
Why did you forget about him and jumped to Varsoon after?
'Cause I'm pretty sure an answer like his would definitely catch my eye.
In post 204, waynegg wrote:
In post 201, Varsoon wrote: Regardless, the sentence expresses that I should be aware of the buddy that I've picked up, which indeed implies that I consider another player to be my buddy.
You should be aware of the buddying (but you were oblivious to it); it doesn't imply that you consider someone your buddy (eg same team). You're reading something that wasn't said.

Regardless of this pointlessness ~ you and Pie come off TvT and muffin is buddying you on it.
Didn't you just say that Varsoon was scum and you were so sure of it? You even used his logic against him. I thought for sure you nailed it?
What made you think that pie vs. varsoon was town vs. town? Don't give me the "OH BECAUSE BOTH DIDN'T BACK DOWN" Reason because it's not really a good reason.
In post 223, waynegg wrote:I have muffin scum, BRO maybe scum (he's to envolved early, when he generally lurks the hell out of D1 as town). I have Varsoon and Pie as town. I think you're town unless thezmon flips scum. Morph I'm on the fence about. They come off town, but ffery does have that propensity to awkwardly scumclaim for her own lulz which is keeping me from saying they're town. Everyone else is in a holding pattern while I wait for more posting.
What made you say that muffin is scum if tezmon is scum?
In post 509, waynegg wrote:Why are you getting so worked up? I intentionally don't interact with my scum reads. Ever. You call me retarded. I smile. You call me a dickhead, I still smile. And wonder. Why get so worked up over a game?
I thought you said muffin was town?
You've been VERY wishy washy with your reads and it's not pretty.

Apart from the bajillion fluff posts
You've been very wishy washy and inconsistent with your reads.
You've been opportunity voting as well
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:25 am

Post by thenewearth »

Reasons why BRO should die first:

1) Usless Commentator:

Spoiler: Wall of Comments
>.<
In post 104, BROseidon wrote:
In post 60, morph the cat wrote:
In post 31, zMuffinMan wrote:OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP, READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST.

What an odd set of circumstances. It just so happens that:

I claim miller-tracker
10/10
In post 105, BROseidon wrote:
In post 68, Psychlone wrote:
In post 65, Psychlone wrote:I totally DID remember the password to this hydra! Thanks for being online on Skype when I need you most, GiF!
HINT HINT GET ON SKYPE HINT HINT
Get a QT >:C
In post 107, BROseidon wrote:
In post 88, Ghostly Penguin wrote: Not loving thezmon221 caring about his wagon here:
In post 85, thezmon221 wrote:Isn't it clear? He's clearly trying to mount a mislynch so early in the game against an obviously pro-town player.
--PA
I took that as tongue in cheek.
In post 108, BROseidon wrote:
In post 95, Ghostly Penguin wrote:I'm reserving judgment on BRO right now; he totally duped me in NY 165. And it doesn't seem like he's settled down in this game yet anyways. My overall impression is that the people coming off Xenogears are currently in the after-party stage and, while amusing, it isn't giving me much in the way of reads.
PARTY TIME WOOHOO

In post 109, BROseidon wrote:
In post 97, Varsoon wrote:I'm also scum-reading zmuffin, but that's because I don't believe the PGO claim and I always scum-read zmuffin. I was even scum-reading zmuffin in Xenogears. I had to constantly check to make sure he wasn't on my team that game.
In post 36, Venmar wrote:OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP, READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST.

No wonder all those crumbs slipped by you guys...
In post 111, BROseidon wrote:
In post 102, pieguyn wrote:bork how the hell did you do that

I'm actually convinced that he runs a script on the thread that auto-posts to catch the top of page.

That or he really has no life >.>

JK BORK I <3 YOU
In post 117, BROseidon wrote:
In post 114, pieguyn wrote:also achievement unlocked http://puu.sh/55n4L.png o/
OMG those multiples of seven.

Also being even with ffery.

Will address your question presently.
In post 120, BROseidon wrote:
In post 113, pieguyn wrote:
BROseidon wrote:I would put that chance at roughly whatever chance there is that they'd role scum in any given game, minus the fact that I have a slight townread on them right now.
In post 17, Psychlone wrote:Please don't ruin this moment for me.
I worked hard on it and was waiting for quite a while to use it :(
then what do you think about that post? ^

also an open question for morph
BROseidon wrote:I took that as tongue in cheek.
I actually don't know what this means LOL. can you explain
I think it has to do more with the nature of the post; it's specific to someone who leads off with "hi guys," which I've only seen ffery do.

Regarding the second thing, I took what thez said to be a roundabout way of saying "I'm RVSing with OMGUS." In particular, I'm cueing in on the word "obviously" as an indicator of sarcasm. The fact that penguin (and a few others) have latched onto that seriously is concerning.

Also I fucked up vote tags.

VOTE: Varsoon
In post 292, BROseidon wrote:I'm gone for 1 day and I have 7 pages to catch up on.

In a mini.

Fuck you guys :P
In post 293, BROseidon wrote:
In post 135, thenewearth wrote:
Just because it's mastin and nacho?
And 4/10 because we haven't posted.

Uhm... mastin was first poster, 10/10

Then pieguy 4/10?

Wtf?

Either buddying, or scumz
Or both, even.
>.<
OR

He's just being so biased right now >.>

VOTE: BRO
8/10. Pretty solid.
In post 295, BROseidon wrote:VARSOON, DON'T STEAL MY STYLE OF USING YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

THAT'S MY STYLE.

MINE.

YA HEAR?
In post 300, BROseidon wrote:
In post 223, waynegg wrote:(he's to envolved early, when he generally lurks the hell out of D1 as town).
I lurk day 1 as both alignments.
In post 327, BROseidon wrote:
In post 321, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Regardless. I hate Pie's #113 the most out of everything in this fucking thread. Town shouldn't be encouraging early claims, even if a trick like that would work on scum Varsoon. There's not much fucking point in it. Varsoon's shit-lord comment seems genuine, but I'm not going to call this scum v. town because of the fuckery above...although I'm leaning towards town by the way he explains what a scum fuck she is in every way possible. Also, Muff's town right now, I'm fairly sure. Stop scumreading him. You're as bad as me with fucking PV.
Ghost, y u post this.

This looks like scum-you. Are you scum?
In post 331, BROseidon wrote:Brain derp >.>

Sorry cabd. <3 you, though.
In post 353, BROseidon wrote:
In post 350, thenewearth wrote:RBO

are you always like this?

You sound so much like the narrator on the stanley parable.

All you do is pretty much commentate on everything people do for 1 time, and then you don't pursue anything after commentating.

Do you think that what their doing is for scum?
or for town?
Why can't you ever, EVER, pursue and/or explain what's wrong with the stuff you quote?

Plus, the only vote you did was a varsoon vote. ON THE WHOLE GAME
TO TOP IT ALL OFF
IT WAS THE MOST POPULAR WAGON OF IT'S TIME

Scuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz
1) Spell my name right.

2) I range from being like this to being a huge troll. Depends on how I'm feeling.

3) I literally just commented on something that made me think Ghost is scum, and I've been trying to get more interactions with ffery to gauge whether she's scum.

4) If you want elaboration, I can give it.

5) Thez was more popular than Varsoon.

Your case is bad and you should feel bad.
In post 354, BROseidon wrote:
In post 342, morph the cat wrote:Dunno if "usually" is true. I all but tunneled you on day 1 of xenogears, and was getting pretty squinty-eyed about you on day 1 of Rach's Narnia uPick.
I forgot about Rach's upick :/

I guess we've only moved in lockstep in Death's Diner. And those times I was scum.
In post 358, BROseidon wrote:Looked at SSK, no idea what you got from those 2 posts.
In post 361, BROseidon wrote:
In post 359, morph the cat wrote:
In post 358, BROseidon wrote:Looked at SSK, no idea what you got from those 2 posts.
Guess you'll have to wait and see what I pull from my bag of tricks, now won't you.
If it's as compelling as the case you've brought so far, I'm sure I'll be convinced :roll:
In post 365, BROseidon wrote:
In post 363, morph the cat wrote:
In post 354, BROseidon wrote:
In post 342, morph the cat wrote:Dunno if "usually" is true. I all but tunneled you on day 1 of xenogears, and was getting pretty squinty-eyed about you on day 1 of Rach's Narnia uPick.
I forgot about Rach's upick :/

I guess we've only moved in lockstep in Death's Diner. And those times I was scum.
I was lazy and trusted orcinus' read in 165, instead of reevaluating after that monstrosity of a day 5.
In post 353, BROseidon wrote:and I've been trying to get more interactions with ffery to gauge whether she's scum.
82 posts and counting. I'm not that difficult to interact with.
1) lol day 5

2) Something feels off, and I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or if it's justified.
In post 613, BROseidon wrote:
In post 389, morph the cat wrote:So what did you think about empking's rings mechanic, pie? Do you think town could have won?
Please don't make me have an aneurysm...
In post 614, BROseidon wrote:
In post 404, morph the cat wrote:Or, alternatively, it was muffin who told you that about Wayne's scumplay, since he was in that game too.
...you forgot that I was in that game?
In post 619, BROseidon wrote:
In post 528, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Oh, good. Self meta that clears your own fucking play sins. That's nice. I fucking don't understand why this had to be said or this is a defense of anything. And you're doing the fucking opposite right now, so do we treat this as fucking opposite day?
Wayne says thing wrong about me, I correct thing. Seems reasonable.
In post 625, BROseidon wrote:
In post 623, pieguyn wrote:so you think that's something he wouldn't be able to fake as scum?
He can fake the craziness a bit, but not in ways like this.

His faked craziness in Xenogears was convoluted; this is straightforward in a way that looks authentic.
In post 673, BROseidon wrote:
In post 633, zMuffinMan wrote:you really think asking for a cop claim is something he'd find difficult to do as scum? this is what made you change your mind about him?
I find it difficult to believe that he wouldn't do something more complex to make us go, "OMG, that's townVarsoon's craziness."
In post 674, BROseidon wrote:
In post 640, waynegg wrote:So even if I'm off here on who I think is scum(or who I'm saying I think is scum anyhow) it would be more indicative of town meta than scum meta, yes?
I don't think the abrasivity is indicative of scumhunting. I think it's indicative of getting people off his back, which is more of a scum thing than a town thing.
In post 675, BROseidon wrote:
In post 648, Mac wrote:really. this sucks, and I expect better from you cabd(?) - how many times does a fucking scumslip result in a scumlynch? (-50 points for whomever quotes varsoon in that mini game) having been lynched for a scumslip as town, you should probably try harder than that.
But that was hilarious ^_^
In post 693, BROseidon wrote:Hey mastin, I have a present for you:

In post 695, BROseidon wrote:Am I following your logic correctly?
In post 719, BROseidon wrote:
In post 708, pieguyn wrote:TNE do you have any reads that don't just match what everyone else is saying?

every one of those reads seems like it just matches the popular opinion of those players.

also, what's your opinion on morph's "scumslip"?
Why do people keep saying this when I'm not under any real pressure and nobody other than TNE has me as their first choice for scum?
In post 720, BROseidon wrote:
In post 709, pieguyn wrote:oh hell no I'm not reading 234 pages of posts

anyway, can you give examples in this game? since this is the game we're trying to sort him in, I'm looking for more stuff specific to this game.
Dual-ISO Varsoon and Orcinus and read through day 1 (especially the part where they start walling each other)
In post 721, BROseidon wrote:
In post 710, mastin2 wrote:Yes?

I don't see why you think this is strange. I'll make notes of strong players that I scumread, and point it out. But I'm not going to push them. Not strongly. Because I'm not a scumhunting god. I'm a decently-mediocre player, even upper-mediocre. My reads are right more often than they are wrong, but they ARE wrong, and wrong a ton. What if I were wrong on that strong player being scum? Then I've just sabotaged us both, and given the scum a MASSIVE edge. It's better to take things more casually. And work with them, hash it out so to speak. Let them see it, let them have a chance to talk me out of it, basically, prod about it and get more info on them before I make a final decision.

It's not the kind of player I want to commit to on D1, if that makes sense.
This makes sense, although I still don't agree with the approach. Especially in a game like this where there's a lot of strong players.
In post 722, BROseidon wrote:
In post 716, morph the cat wrote:
In post 710, mastin2 wrote:
In post 694, BROseidon wrote:So you don't like going after strong players that you scumread early because you're afraid that you might mislynch them.
Yes?

I don't see why you think this is strange. :P I'll make notes of strong players that I scumread, and point it out. But I'm not going to push them. Not strongly. Because I'm not a scumhunting god. I'm a decently-mediocre player, even upper-mediocre. My reads are right more often than they are wrong, but they ARE wrong, and wrong a ton. What if I were wrong on that strong player being scum? Then I've just sabotaged us both, and given the scum a MASSIVE edge.
It's better to take things more casually. And work with them, hash it out so to speak. Let them see it, let them have a chance to talk me out of it, basically, prod about it and get more info on them before I make a final decision.

It's not the kind of player I want to commit to on D1, if that makes sense.
I've replied to you. I don't see much work with or hash out happening here, Mastin. And I see a whole lot of oooooh but I might be. You wouldn't be distancing would you?
This is valid.

I don't like the part where mastin disappeared for just long enough for me to notice, but then posted before I was going to call him on lurking, then engaged with limited parts of the thread.

mastin are you scum?
In post 724, BROseidon wrote:If that's mastin's usual take, I wonder what his definition of "strong" is.
In post 776, BROseidon wrote:
In post 774, morph the cat wrote:However, I didn't like the 624 reasons for the vote, and made a note to bring that up with Cabd when we synch our reads. In the Wayne games I've read, I've found him to be plenty abrasive as town.
He was worse in LotR than any of the town games I've had with him.
In post 789, BROseidon wrote:
In post 785, pieguyn wrote:I was thinking, you've jumped onto two wagons now citing nothing but meta. your jump on wayne was citing meta about being abrasive and it seems so similar to your jump on Varsoon citing meta about vote position because of this. also, both wagons seemed like points where there'd be a possibility of some big breakthrough happening. I was starting to full-out attack Varsoon when you jumped on him and your vote on wayne was near the start of the whole thing with him. I just wanna know if you have some sort of idea behind this or not?
I like using meta early. So sue me :P
In post 800, BROseidon wrote:
In post 797, mastin2 wrote:Changed my mind.

VOTE: BROseidon.

Think morph's town, but not getting that townvibe from BRO.
10/10 great case right there.
In post 825, BROseidon wrote:
In post 817, Psychlone wrote:BRO's posting style seems to be becoming more and more like AP's every day :/
That AFB hydra is making it worse :/
In post 830, BROseidon wrote:
In post 828, zMuffinMan wrote:then why are you voting someone you're "null-scum" on instead of someone you actually think is scum?
I want more time to sort the pairings.

2) Super fluff poster
(Please refer to La Wall for more "details")

3) Fence sitting ALL the way

4) Sheepy, opportunistic votes
Spoiler: Votes
In post 116, BROseidon wrote:Early townreads on morph and psychlone, with a townleans on Muffin and pie.

VOTE: VarsoonVOTE: that jump was crazy awkward, and it's roughly where you jumped on the low-hanging fruit wagon last time as scum (5th on TD, 4th here)
In post 622, BROseidon wrote:VOTE: Wayne

Your interactions with muffin and thez remind me of how you dealt with SK/Andy/Amrun in LotR.
In post 676, BROseidon wrote:
In post 649, waynegg wrote:Onward as in basically vanilla N1 and then watcher from N2 until I die or the game ends.
Bork had a delayed PR in his last game. This makes sense as a role. Would also explain wanting people off you :/

VOTE: SSK

5) Self-Meta in attempt to look town
In post 301, BROseidon wrote:Wait, reading comprehension.

SELF META TIME WOOHOO:

I've lurked day 1 in all 3 of my completed scum games (WitME is sort of hard to count here, because you ended that D1 early. I still lurked day 1 in Xenoblade and NY 165)
I've lurked day 1 as town in a lot of my town games (Death's diner had me fairly active early, then lurking, then active again once I was wagoned)
I've also had crazy activity early in towngames (Jobpick sticks out here)

Basically, my posting pattern is fairly erratic and more indicative of how many games I'm in/how busy I am than it is of my alignment.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 849, morph the cat wrote:
Lean Town

Varsoon
mastin2
zMuffinMan
pieguyn

Null

thenewearth
Mac
Psychlone
waynegg
Ghostly Penguin

Leaning Scum

BROseidon
MafiaSSK
thezmon211
for someone that claims to be far more efficient at townhunting than scumhunting, you sure have a lot of null reads
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

if the mafiassk wagon goes nowhere, i'll probably join the bro wagon.

oh, and i'm not gonna be around much for the next 48ish hours.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:56 am

Post by thenewearth »

BRO wagon desu
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Mac »

CATCH UP TIME (not really cus im not playing the game, amirite?)

firstly i can see where wayne is coming from with his zmon/liar tell. it's like when someone starts with "no offense" - 90% of the time, it's going to be offensive. however there is still that 10% chance that it's not offensive and they've said it out of habit - for this reason wayne, i think you need to drop this liar tell unless it becomes frequent. and no,3 isolated incidents do not define frequent.
In post 763, MafiaSSK wrote:Why was non-lurker waynegg only contributed a case when asked? That seems super scummy.
THE SHADOWS HAVE SPOKEN. what else seems super scummy SSK? do share some more insight, shadowman.
mastin2 wrote:(Also. I can't be distancing unless we're both scum. :P)
I feel a little weirded out by this. not mastin saying this, but where the phrase originated from (morph) - where does town feel the need to accuse someone of distancing from them?
morph wrote:You can be distancing from my flip, which is what I meant. Your I could be wrong message gives me that vibe.
gh

i see. makes more sense than it originally did now.
In post 775, borkjerfkin wrote:just pagetoppin' for the hell of it
:twisted:
In post 784, morph the cat wrote:
In post 781, BROseidon wrote:
In post 767, morph the cat wrote:And I'm perplexed that I'm your strongest scum read because I am not used to town-you getting my alignment this wrong.
Why aren't you considering the possibility that mastin's scum?
Why aren't you reading my posts?
yeeeeah cant say im too fond of bro so far for town.

morph - I asked a question botom of page 30(?) which you completely ignored. what's up with that? at first i thought ffery left it for cabd but it doesn't look like he's responding either... unless it comes later.
ghostlin hydra failure wrote:Don't worry, it's not because it's a magnum fucking opus of towniness. It's more of a baseline of what limited experience I have with you. Lurking then exploding the thread up is very you. It's a derivative of past towniness games I've played with you (one of which I even fucking called you scum) that you're repeating your habits; which is easier as Town than scum.
yeah, I try not to make it a habit but rl is pretty much crazy right now with the run up to christmas and i'm about to lose my laptop for a while.. all in all, I suck.

think right now, reading psychlone's walls, they're likely town. joining mastin (I THINK) and muffin so far. although i'm totally wary of embracing muffin after he left me hanging out to dry during death's diner.
I love how people be hatin on the lurkers.
I am 100% behind sending this to a lynch.
null:

Mac
this has me worried. bro you haven't even tried to sort me out/read my interactions/comment on anything i've done. why? are you happy for me to be null?

^^^ same question for ffery/cabd. accusations of me not playing the game are baseless because i quite clearly am playing the game. just because i don't have 100 fucking posts, doesn't mean im not playing.

there may be a change of vote coming, I have to double check something.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 am

Post by morph the cat »

Mac, well before this point in the xenogears game, I had more than enough data from your posts to form a strong read. That's been my concern. Your posts prior to today weren't giving me enough data to form a strong read.

I'll have a look at your question on page 30 now.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Mac »

In post 590, pieguyn wrote:
also, do you think morph calling such a bad "scumslip" is alignment indicative?
In post 708, pieguyn wrote: also, what's your opinion on morph's "scumslip"?
In post 831, pieguyn wrote:
and I'm paranoid of anyone who calls a scumslip on a townie <_>
In post 838, pieguyn wrote: the "scumslip" read is a lot stronger and is making me watch out though
you keep referring to the supposed scumslip pie. why? we've already settled that it was a rather poor reaction test, yet you keep throwing dirt onto morph by referring to it constantly,
like they actually believed you were scum who slipped.
and the thing is, they didn't.

not liking pie for this constant referral, to be honest. it's like he's trying to give himself a way out onto morph if he needs it/people start scumreading morph.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:04 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 748, Mac wrote:
In post 681, morph the cat wrote:
In post 671, zMuffinMan wrote:
morph wrote:pie displayed some fairly detailed knowledge of the LoTR game mechanics.
er btw this is wrong. he didn't display anything outside of what was probably a guess from reading the rules of the setup, and he was wrong about the mechanic for the most part.

i skimmed over the conversation earlier so i didn't notice it before, but yeah, this is plain wrong.
Then part of the basis for our read was wrong. I've been trying to make sense of his reaction to our vote ever since, so that actually kinda helps.
so do you have a conclusion to the gambit you pulled knowing that you were actually wrong in your assumptions about the mechanic?
Yeah I was leaving this for Cabd. pieguyn asked a similar question and I gave
my
answer in
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 887, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 849, morph the cat wrote:
Lean Town

Varsoon
mastin2
zMuffinMan
pieguyn

Null

thenewearth
Mac
Psychlone
waynegg
Ghostly Penguin

Leaning Scum

BROseidon
MafiaSSK
thezmon211
for someone that claims to be far more efficient at townhunting than scumhunting, you sure have a lot of null reads
You left out this part of my post:
In post 849, morph the cat wrote:Town
Holy shit I don't feel like putting any of you in this pile.
I'm somewhat alarmed that I don't have at least one strong town read.

However, based on this morning's content, it looks like that's about to change.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Mac »

In post 893, morph the cat wrote:
In post 748, Mac wrote:
morph wrote:pie displayed some fairly detailed knowledge of the LoTR game mechanics.
er btw this is wrong. he didn't display anything outside of what was probably a guess from reading the rules of the setup, and he was wrong about the mechanic for the most part.

i skimmed over the conversation earlier so i didn't notice it before, but yeah, this is plain wrong.
Then part of the basis for our read was wrong. I've been trying to make sense of his reaction to our vote ever since, so that actually kinda helps.
so do you have a conclusion to the gambit you pulled knowing that you were actually wrong in your assumptions about the mechanic?
my
answer in
im asking about your results knowing that cabd was actually wrong about pie knowing about mechanics.

(also, pie calling it "obvious as fuck" yet constantly referring it, is extremely worrying)
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Mac »

well since i double posted.

VOTE: pieguy
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 895, Mac wrote:
In post 893, morph the cat wrote:
In post 748, Mac wrote:

my
answer in
im asking about your results knowing that cabd was actually wrong about pie knowing about mechanics.

(also, pie calling it "obvious as fuck" yet constantly referring it, is extremely worrying)
We initially called it "obvious as fuck" and I think pie is using the term ironically (i.e., he disagrees that it was obvious as fuck).

Mac, to me, it's more about the reaction than whether the test had a perfectly sound basis. And the reaction itself has me a little conflicted. Cabd has more of a town sense because of pie's softclaim.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 878, pieguyn wrote:I don't know shit about the other people in this game. I only joined in August so I'm not at all familiar with how everyone here plays, besides some random things that don't form a coherent basis for much. so for now I go almost exclusively based on how the game is being played. sometimes I'll find a personal thing but IMO I can see things better when I look at it this way. I feel it's pretty obvious based on my questioning what most of my reads are.
Problem with this, pie, is that I've got you pegged as a decently-competent player, if not moreso, yet you're basically playing the newb-card this game.

Okay, granted. As far as players in this game go, on a strictly technical note, you ARE the newb in the game. :P But that doesn't make you a newb, and you seem, so-to-speak, too smart for it.
In post 880, pieguyn wrote:town
3. Mac <- I liked how he was discussing the merits of "scumslips" earlier. sure everyone was saying it was bad, but he seemed like the first who really questioned the whole validity of "scumslip" as a scumtell as a whole, and backed it up with evidence.
12. waynegg
13. zMuffinMan

null-town
1. BROseidon
8. Psychlone (GuyInFreezer + Nachomamma8) <- GiF seems less serious in this game than what I know of his scumgame, but that's from my one completed game with him, which isn't even on this site, so I'm not sure how accurate that even is. I was thinking he didn't seem to be actually doing much and instead just responding to things, but disengagement explains that.

null
2. Ghostly Penguin (Ghostlin + penguin_alien)
10. thezmon221 <- noticed more flow-going with him
11. Varsoon

scum
4. MafiaSSK
5. mastin2 <- he's giving me weird as fuck vibes. his post with all the :Ps seems kind of forced for me, as well as him suddenly pushing a scumread on me for asking what was up with one of his scumreads. he seems to be overemphasizing the fact that he's not confident in his reads and it seems like him flip flopping around helps to emphasize that.
9. thenewearth. also he's obviously Cirno who can't even be in this game making him mafia

here's an idea
@MafiaSSK:
make a real post plz or die :>
This looks like a bus, I'll be honest. The bit about SSK looks like scum talking to scum, with them in the scum pile. IF I'm right, that'd make TNE town, though. IF I'm right, I think the buddy would be in the town range, and the candidates for that are BRO (likely) and Psychlone. But all of this relies on pie being scum, which quite frankly is just a random thought I had that I have zero backing for. :P

(Also. Every time I can think of me being town and someone noting my :P usage, I remember them being scum.) And, yeah, I don't have confidence in my reads. It's an intentional emphasis, though. It's so that when I gain the confidence, I can flip the switch, and then bam, bingo, scumhunting god. (Not really. :P But improved, at the very least.)

TNE's 885/886 look good. Mac's looking town to me as well.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:52 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 890, Mac wrote: firstly i can see where wayne is coming from with his zmon/liar tell. it's like when someone starts with "no offense" - 90% of the time, it's going to be offensive. however there is still that 10% chance that it's not offensive and they've said it out of habit - for this reason wayne, i think you need to drop this liar tell unless it becomes frequent. and no,3 isolated incidents do not define frequent.
Help me understand. It's day one where we have no information. You see where I'm coming from and say I'm 90% right. And you want me to drop it in favor of the 10% where I'm wrong. How does that make sense?
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”