Newbie 1517: Crossroads Mafia (Game Over)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:11 am

Post by acryon »

In post 355, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 340, Glass wrote:...
Bins wrote:@Billi - I like your reads chart a lot, I think it's really helpful. But those are Victor's reads, not mine, so they're probably going to change (hint hint).

I am actually starting to not like them a great deal, I think that they will help the mafia keep their story straight and also are likely incorrect on quite a few things since they are based on Billi's interpretation. I will say that what he has down for me is not entirely accurate, as I have not been 100% transparent with my reads.

When you play a game like, f.ex., Bridge, you keep your cards close to you, but still try to give your partner as much information about your hand as is legal - knowing that the other pair of players get all that same information, and are allowed to question your partner on how he interprets your tells. The partner has to be able to back up his reads from your tells by the system you are playing, or else you're in trouble.

When you play a game with partners you have to trust the information you are given, and you have to believe in your skills to win although you are giving information to your opposition as well as to your posse.

I.e. I believe in the sharing of information.
When I started to play mafia I even called out for mass-claims in games, while I was still figuring out the pros and cons.
(Hence, I wanted to hear what others had to say about Victors call for massclaim before I judged it fully.)
So, I believe that my chart is giving out information that both sides can use, AND that it is better for all to have that information to share, and not keep players in the dark about how I see the game.

If my chart is wrong because you want to give your fellows wrong reads to work with, then my take on that is that you are not doing the best for the town.

Somebody (Mala?) said I was not giving out too much about what I conclude from the responses I get from my possible reaction-baiting posts. That may be true. But one thing I can say now from reading my chart: shaddowes has the highest score for being positive in his reads of others. That gives me an indication that he wants to stay on the good side of most players (although that doesn't seem to be working as well for him as it does for Glass).
I don't believe shaddowes can "keep his story straight" from this point on after this information is out.

PS: If the mafia needs information from the town to keep their stories straight, then they're not too interested in the game.

While I don't like claiming unless we have a mostly-clear path to victory from it, I agree with the general concept of open information and made a very similar point in another game regarding gameplay, so I'll just quote it here:

I think the power of information in the hands of the town is more powerful than in the hands of mafia. Absence of it might make it harder for mafia, but it makes it a lot harder for town as well. We're the ones putting together the puzzle, not the mafia, so seeing the pieces benefits us a lot more than it benefits them.

I clearly can't force anyone to give out their reads, but I will continue to give out mine, because maybe something I found will be the piece you're missing to complete your reads. I personally think that's how we strengthen and solidify reads as a whole.

Mafia already knows who town is, so we have a lot more to figure out than they do. We need all the help we can get.

Although I am still on Clusk/N_M, I do want to hear from shadowz, because the mistake in is pretty sloppy.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Now I think shaddowez is making so many mistakes because of inattention that he can't really be a mafioso.
I think my vote is better used in being the 3rd vote on Clusk, to up the pressure there.

VOTE: Clusk92
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 376, Billi bilaði wrote:Now I think shaddowez is making so many mistakes because of inattention that he can't really be a mafioso.
I think my vote is better used in being the 3rd vote on Clusk, to up the pressure there.

You don't think scum make mistakes?
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Clusk92 »

I can't believe your top scum read has evaporated because he's making mistakes :facepalm:
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Clusk92 »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Billi
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 am

Post by acryon »

In post 376, Billi bilaði wrote:Now I think shaddowez is making so many mistakes because of inattention that he can't really be a mafioso.

Not that I necessarily think you are scum Billi, but this was definitely very loose. Mistakes can come from inattention by scum or town, and someone making mistakes should certainly never absolve them.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Glass »

UNVOTE:

Actual post coming in a bit.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

When a player gives out a misread of situation number of times, he's not too attentive. Definitely not as careful as a mafioso should be.
So, I can easily move my vote from that kind of player to another player whom I've very recently given a read on (after questioning) being just as willing to lynch.
Also giving that votes are hardly moving at all, and that takes the player to the top-votee at L-2.

Although a number of people were giving out suspicion towards shaddowez they are not acting on it with their votes for a real pressure - and do we really want to go like that for the next 4 days, and then have half the players voting in a hurry because "there's just not enough time for a discussion"?

Glass, were you worried that two players would jump to the lynch?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 373, Clusk92 wrote:It worries me slightly that he doesn't realise N_M replaced into Rach's slot (hence why I voted for him). He needs to be paying closer attention to the game.

N_M had also replaced into another game I was in, and I forgot that he was a replace into this one. I generally like to let replacements speak rather than voting for the slot, so I'm still not fond of the vote, but not as bad as I made it out to be in my previous post.

In post 373, Clusk92 wrote:Shaddow: can you please point out the contradiction please?

In post 58, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 57, Doogal121 wrote:@ Billi: Assuming that the three on there are town, that leaves 2 mafia votes out there. While not the smartest of moves, the 2 mafia could quickly come on and vote TSO, resulting in a mislynch.

Even if that was the case, I doubt the mafia would be that stupid, as they'll be prime candidates for a lynch the next day for lynching someone so early.

Here, Doogal and Billi were talking about someone being at L-2. You play it off as not being a big deal, as you don't think the mafia would be that stupid. You make no mention of an accidental vote here whatsoever.
In post 117, Clusk92 wrote:Why have you put him at L-1 so early?

In post 118, T S O wrote:Because he's pretty damn scummy and I've given him enough chances to prove himself.

L-1 isn't an inherently bad thing; no-one here is stupid enough to quickhammer and it ramps up the pressure on Victor.

In post 119, Clusk92 wrote:No-ones stupid enough you're right, still possible for an accidental hammer though.

Here, you give TSO a hard time about putting someone at L-1, citing that somebody could accidentally hammer. While not a direct contradiction, it still displays a different opinion. In the first example, it would be easy enough for scum to put them at L-1, and have someone else hammer (accidentally or not). The argument seems to be too contradictory with only L-2 vs L-1 being the difference in premises.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by shaddowez »

And nothing against Penguin, but I'd also like to point out the N_M/Rach replace isn't noted in the Player List (neither is the Bins/Victor, but that one is a lot more recent)
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Glass »

The fact that Clusk didn't respond well to Shadow's post doesn't really give him many townpoints.

Billi wrote:

I was shaking in my boots.

Shadow wrote:I don't like this post. It's a setup for a WIFOM argument, especially if Clusk decided to hammer a townie, but give them time before doing so.

Okay, maybe it is a setup for a WIFOM argument, but unless he actually goes on to use said WIFOM argument, I am not seeing it as scummy.

Shadow wrote:
Initial vote on Victor seems fairly weak, especially since he's citing the reason as Victor's reason for his vote being weak.

Okay, so Clusk's initial vote on Victor was scummy because it was weak. You do realize that you are basing (at least partially) your scumread on Clusk on the fact that his initial vote was weak, and therefore voting weakly must be (at least partially) indicative of scumminess? Meaning that Clusk's initial vote wasn't really weak, was it?
A better argument to be made (which I will make), is that Victor's vote was not actually weak. If you look at all the votes before Victor's, do you see any that is stronger? I sure do not. Realize that at that point in the game there is very little content to go off of, as the game progresses it is only natural that votes has more reasoning behind them.

Billi wrote:
Are you, in the space of a few posts moving Bins first to vanilla townie and then all the way back to strong scum?
Is this food reference based on some history between you two, or just one of the jokes spinning of from this steak? :?

(I think its a joke)
(And for reference, I was joking when I said I was shaking in my boots and when I asked why Bins wasn't lynched yet.)

Billi wrote:
Now I think shaddowez is making so many mistakes because of inattention that he can't really be a mafioso.

Are you seriously saying "shadow is too scummy to be scum"?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Glass »

Billi wrote:
When a player gives out a misread of situation number of times, he's not too attentive. Definitely not as careful as a mafioso should be.

Yes, but "should be" =/= "is".
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 374, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 360, Malakittens wrote:...
Bins is v town.

In post 366, Malakittens wrote:Bins commited the food tell. She's scum.

Can you elaborate, please on these 2 posts?

Are you, in the space of a few posts moving Bins first to vanilla townie and then all the way back to strong scum?
Is this food reference based on some history between you two, or just one of the jokes spinning of from this steak? :?

The second was a joke.

Also I never said Bins was a VT. I wouldn't actually know that even if I was scum. Unless it was the old setup when scum had a role cop. I just said she's very town. :P

Yeah we're spinning jokes around.

I'm actually shocked at my change of mind. I'm not sure if I like the Billi wagon as much as I dd before. Him clear in someone because they made a mistake feels genuine. Like he's trying to hunt
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Glass »

Sorry for the triple post, just 1 more thing (hopefully):

Billi wrote:So, I can easily move my vote from that kind of player to another player whom I've very recently given a read on (after questioning) being just as willing to lynch.

Ya, I don't see you questioning Clusk anywhere since your last read post which had Mala scummier than Clusk. What I do see is your scumread on Clusk seemingly arbitrarily bypass Mala in terms of scumminess in a single post.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 am

Post by acryon »

In post 387, Malakittens wrote:
I'm actually shocked at my change of mind. I'm not sure if I like the Billi wagon as much as I dd before. Him clear in someone because they made a mistake feels genuine. Like he's trying to hunt

Yeah I agree with this about Billi. While I think it's completely wrong to clear someone like he did, I didn't read it as scummy.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 385, Glass wrote:...
Billi wrote:

I was shaking in my boots.

It's a bad habit wearing boots indoors, and it can lead to these terrible results.
In post 385, Glass wrote:...
Billi wrote:

Are you seriously saying "shadow is too scummy to be scum"?

Mistakes of these kind can be indication of not being a mafioso, so I'm saying shaddowez is maybe too townie to be a mafioso.
So, I'm deducting that Clusk is topping him on the mafioso-list - but I'm not saying that shaddowez goes to the bottom of the list.

PS: Why do so many players think that if you vote for someone that then the last one you voted for is suddenly a soap-washed angel?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:59 am

Post by acryon »

In post 390, Billi bilaði wrote:
Mistakes of these kind can be indication of not being a mafioso, so I'm saying shaddowez is maybe too townie to be a mafioso.
So, I'm deducting that Clusk is topping him on the mafioso-list - but I'm not saying that shaddowez goes to the bottom of the list.

PS: Why do so many players think that if you vote for someone that then the last one you voted for is suddenly a soap-washed angel?

I think it was due to your wording.
In post 376, Billi bilaði wrote:Now I think shaddowez is making so many mistakes because of inattention that
he can't really be
a mafioso.

This reads pretty strong. So just to be clear, where would Shadowz rank on your scum list?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 388, Glass wrote:Sorry for the triple post, just 1 more thing (hopefully):

Billi wrote:So, I can easily move my vote from that kind of player to another player whom I've very recently given a read on (after questioning) being just as willing to lynch.

Ya, I don't see you questioning Clusk anywhere since your last read post which had Mala scummier than Clusk. What I do see is your scumread on Clusk seemingly arbitrarily bypass Mala in terms of scumminess in a single post.

The problem with this game is too much lurking, so there's nothing to be sorry about.

I was questioned about my top suspects. I wasn't quesioning Clusk since he was being questioned already.
I noted in my post that Clusk should probably be above Mala in my read list.

And, the responses Clusk gives to my vote tells me he's breaking bad.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 391, acryon wrote:...
In post 376, Billi bilaði wrote:Now I think shaddowez is making so many mistakes because of inattention that
he can't really be
a mafioso.

This reads pretty strong. So just to be clear, where would Shadowz rank on your scum list?

Below Clusk and Mala - close to the list of null reads. (Lets say 3rd-5th place.)

I think you are on the bottom. Then Bins, and maybe Glass, although Glass's retraction of his Clusk vote nudged him up the list.
I don't know where to place Not_Mafia. He came in pretty strong, and then sort of tapered out.

So, how would this list sound:
Clusk92
Malakittens
shaddowez
Not_Mafia
Glass
Bins
acryon
Billi
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:37 am

Post by acryon »

In post 393, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 391, acryon wrote:...
he can't really be
a mafioso.

Below Clusk and Mala - close to the list of null reads. (Lets say 3rd-5th place.)

I think you are on the bottom. Then Bins, and maybe Glass, although Glass's retraction of his Clusk vote nudged him up the list.
I don't know where to place Not_Mafia. He came in pretty strong, and then sort of tapered out.

So, how would this list sound:
Clusk92
Malakittens
shaddowez
Not_Mafia
Glass
Bins
acryon
Billi

Thanks for the reply Billi. I think this should help clear things up for people regarding your reads. To expand on the Not_Mafia uncertainty, what did you think of Rach's activity before she was replaced by N_M?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

I was ready to lynch Rach on day 1, and then she only had one post in this game on day two before replacing out.
I would consider lynching Not_Mafia today, but only if the town can't agree on any of the players I have above on the list.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 383, shaddowez wrote:Here, you give TSO a hard time about putting someone at L-1, citing that somebody could accidentally hammer. While not a direct contradiction, it still displays a different opinion. In the first example, it would be easy enough for scum to put them at L-1, and have someone else hammer (accidentally or not). The argument seems to be too contradictory with only L-2 vs L-1 being the difference in premises.

Do you think L-2 and L-1 are the same in this context?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Bins »

Okay, I really don't like this vote:

In post 379, Clusk92 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Billi

I do agree that Billi's reasoning for switching votes was weak (also I little awkward) - but I don't think that it came from a scum mentality. Why would he move his vote of Shaddow if he was scum? I don't see any reason he would be uncomfortable with the wagon, as it also seems to be gaining momentum. Therefore, I don't see how it caused Clusk to move his vote from someone (me) he said he suspected to be part of the scum team 100% (as he said I would be the partner to both of them).
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:06 am

Post by acryon »

In post 385, Glass wrote:The fact that Clusk didn't respond well to Shadow's post doesn't really give him many townpoints.

If nothing in your follow-up post contained any defense of Clusk, why did you take your vote off of him?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Glass »

Billi wrote:

I disagree that these sorts of mistakes are indicative of towniness.

acryon wrote:
If nothing in your follow-up post contained any defense of Clusk, why did you take your vote off of him?

Because shadow has increased in scumminess quite substantially, and Clusk has actually gotten townier in my books since I voted him (Mala's post in particular affected that). The reason I haven't voted for Shadow yet is because I want to see Shadow's response to my post.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”