Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:08 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 345, Kovara wrote:it's actually pretty pro-town, I think! especially with this mechanic. why is it not?

Because the information revealed is going to help scum way more than town..

Any name you reveal allows for poeing the rest of the names, and any pr claim gives the scum an easy target for namecopping with little reprocusion. There's no incenctive for scum to not rolecop someone they want to kill if they're just getting autolynched anyways. And you want to lynch someone from that list and namecop both each day...? what??

What is this plan suppose to accomplish? It doesn't even feel like your trying to break the game. and screw you for ignoring me and calling me a weak player :l

In post 330, Nobody Special wrote:
Yes. Problem?

just wondering.

In post 243, Konowa wrote:As to the ABR and kats reads, I'm pretty sure I said why. The best example I think of that might resemble it is when Town has a closed "Scum flavor PM" and someone mentions it first and then others follow suit for the towncred.

Um, no, not really? What do you mean? are you talking about 98? because I don't see the comparison.

I'm still liking beast, all of his posts are coming as genuine, and the unwavering dedication of both marquis and beast to the read feels more like town vs town fight than anything. I'm not seeing any micromanagement I usually see when scum fight.

@CKD:
In post 219, Honey bee wrote: What specifically about anti felt genuine that made you doubt your previous interactions?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Konowa »

Post is my best attempt at explaining the read on ABR and kats, but it's specifically the posts between and that gave me the initial pause. I've since taken a step back on that stance because of a few things. Gaiden's transition on CKD and NS' reasoning for being on CKD specifically are things I want answered so I can reassess.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 241, Konowa wrote:As for beast, I mentioned because from my perspective all he has done is cry foul that Marquis isn't Townreading him thus Marquis must be Scum. His line of thought is forced. It appears as if he is more concerned with getting Marquis to Townread him rather than actually trying to determine whether Marquis is Scum or not, if that makes any sense.

You don't think this is the micromanagement you speak of, Honey bee?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Honey bee »

I mean that scum in fights try to manage the reads of other players onto other players, as they're just trying to manage to get a mislynch. Marquis vs beast is going into deathtunnel mode and scum I feel will be hard pressed to do that.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 349, Konowa wrote:NS, why is CKD Scum?

I agree wholeheartedly with (and far less so than #7). So it's primarily a flavor-based read; one which I came to independently from but apparently simultaneously with ABR.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 98, Konowa wrote:It's not setup spec though. It's do I believe Tammy, ABR, and kats are all Town who had this "original thought" in regards to "all actions must target the character name"? All three of them are smart players so it kind of throws me for a loop that the conversation even happened.

I didn't think of the nightkill until Tammy mentionned it actually, but I believe that she is right.

Scum might be able to decide which character to kill without knowing which player has that character's role.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:38 am

Alternatively, it might be that they have to choose a player and associate the correct role to that person in order for the kill to go through.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 355, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Scum might be able to decide which character to kill without knowing which player has that character's role.

I took this as given, with the added surprise of "Oh look! XYZ died!" if they didn't know who that role was beforehand.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.
....what?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 am

In post 356, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alternatively, it might be that they have to choose a player and associate the correct role to that person in order for the kill to go through.

What if it's the above? Is there any proof it's not?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Tammy »

Okay here's my main problem with ckd is his lack of scum hunting. In the game I started reading, which I still didn't get very far into and probably won't until later, he was scum hunting. Here, there's been the push on antihero for lurking. (Speaking of Anti - where are you?) And then the blow up with him and then nothing really until voting Bert for feeling lost a few pages into the game.

I'm still feeling a bit squicky about that interaction.

I probably won't be able to post very much before Sunday. My family is coming in soon and I have a funeral to go to tomorrow. I'm not sure how long my family will be staying tomorrow after the funeral, but I won't be able to post much until they leave. Since the days are short and the deadline is close, I'll make this game my priority for when I do have a moment here or there, but don't expect me around much.

pedit: no there's no proof they're not. I just asked fake god if they wanted to kill me would they have to target xyz and he said yes.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:24 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 350, Honey bee wrote:

@CKD:
In post 219, Honey bee wrote: What specifically about anti felt genuine that made you doubt your previous interactions?

I get mad playing this game. I guess it was one of those "I can relate and how would I react if the positions were reverse". This being said, i am starting to wane on that, because..well...he is fucking not posting again. So now it (once again) is feeling like he was lurking to see where shit would go. His vote is still on me even after he has said he could be viewing me irrationally. now I think about it....

Unvote,

Vote Anti-social

maybe I was on to something, lets see if that gets him mad again and maybe post some more. other than yell at me, he has done shit.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 am

In post 359, Tammy wrote:Okay here's my main problem with ckd is his lack of scum hunting. In the game I started reading, which I still didn't get very far into and probably won't until later, he was scum hunting. Here, there's been the push on antihero for lurking. (Speaking of Anti - where are you?) And then the blow up with him and then nothing really until voting Bert for feeling lost a few pages into the game.

okay, well a big difference is in that game I replaced in and there were pages of information, surely you saw this. This is day one..what is there to go on? what additional things can be done to scum hunt that I am not doing?

AND, I wasnt just attacking anti for lurking in this game. I saw he wasnt posting here, then looked to see if he was posting elsewhere. I made sure all roles had been picked up (to be sure). And my vote on Bert WAS NOT just because he was lost for a few pages...please go back and reread why I voted him.

here is my question, you read my (last) game, right?

have you read Anti to see if he was scum hunting in his last game versus what he is doing here in this game? Why or why not?

have you read ABR to see if he as scum hunting in his last game versus what he is doing here in this game? Actually that really wont get you any where.

I have two votes on me for fluff/set up reasons. You are fine with that?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:31 am

and I might regret asking this but and surprised why no one has asked this yet,

mod: were alignments pre-selected as you made the set up or were they random after you made the set up?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 358, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 356, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alternatively, it might be that they have to choose a player and associate the correct role to that person in order for the kill to go through.

What if it's the above? Is there any proof it's not?

No, no proof; but it seems unnecessarily complex to require a linked playername/charactername in order to kill. This is getting dangerously close to outguessing the mod, but it just seems
really
unlikely.
....what?

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Tammy »

Um, I kinda want to be a jerk and tell you to read my iso.

I told Anti he felt weird, and your interaction felt wrong to me.

This is ABR, playing like the last two times I saw him as town, meta'd him once before, he seems town.

I didn't read your last game. I said very clearly, more than once, even in the post you quoted, that I didn't get very far into the iso and that it wasn't exactly comparable because you were a replacement in that game.

I've also talked about the votes on you and questioned them and looked the flavor to determine if you might be innocent by flavor and why am I repeating my iso which if you had been reading the game would be very clear where i stand and what I've been doing and what I've been questioning. I even have gotten flack for looking at mod flavor to try to determine your alignment.

Why aren't you reading?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:36 am

Post by notscience »

Mara on the off chance you're town let me explain why that idea is bad

I'm scum!

I know towns names are

Tom
Jim
Bob
Axle

And we do your idea and two people say pr and one says jim and the other says axle

Now based on my understanding, all j need to do is say one of the names no one said as my kill target and voila, pr kill
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 340, Kovara wrote:
In post 324, Tammy wrote:
In post 319, notscience wrote:
In post 0, FakeGod wrote:With the exception of name cop ability, all actions must have character name as their target.

Hey tammy

What do you think of Mara's post with the above being noted?

Thinking about it.

I'm not sure scum mara does that. I don't think it's a good idea though, but I was interested if anyone else reacted to it.

why not?

Because it's a plan that helps scum narrow down who to kill and I'm not sure you as scum suggest it when it's going to get you too much negative attention.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:42 am

not a lot of time

you ARE comparing a game that I replaced into (with pages of content) with this new game and saying I am not scum hunting. Do you think that is a fair comparison in your view? What else could I be doing in this fresh game to scum hunt that I am not already doing? My problem here is that you are saying I am not scum hunting but (mysteriously) giving a pass to the majority of the other people. My concern here is that you are trying to prop up a vote on me (maybe) with "points" that are not actually points. I dont think you are scum, because you are actually looking shit up/meta-ing, but when you say I am not scum hunting, that makes me angry/suspicious.

I see something I dont like I am calling it out. Looking up things as I have time.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:45 am

In post 361, curiouskarmadog wrote:

have you read Anti to see if he was scum hunting in his last game versus what he is doing here in this game? Why or why not?

also tammy did you do this? I might be missing the post where you said you meta-ed him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm not strangely giving anyone else a pass for not scum hunting. You're a main priority for me because there's a wagon on you I don't quite understand. I don't care if it makes you angry that I noted you're not exactly scum hunting this game. I also noted that you feel a bit more theatrical this game than the last and already said it can't quite match up because you were a replacement.

I don't need to meta him. We've played together recently.

And this should be clear I'm not exactly happy with him either:

In post 121, Tammy wrote:
In post 110, Antihero wrote:the beast wagon taking off w/ no resistance doesn't make me optimistic about it

Hi.

Anti you're being kinda weird.

In post 122, Tammy wrote:
In post 115, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 114, Antihero wrote:

you did it in the douchiest way possible in order to push what you think is a juicy mislynch

so the biggest wagon is beast right now...any reasons you think he isnt a mislynch?

you said you dont like his wagon...sooo, well gee, now I am confused.

I thought he was referring to you pushing his wagon not beasts wagon but then

In post 117, Antihero wrote:/looks back
/doesn't see an opinion on beast anywhere

yeah, you've got room to join the wagon. what are you "confused" about?

Makes it seem he was talking about the beady wagon.

You guys feel like scum theater, but that doesn't feel right either.

Dammit read my posts.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:59 am

In post 367, curiouskarmadog wrote: What else could I be doing in this fresh game to scum hunt that I am not already doing?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Tammy »

Look involved. You don't look involved. You're not the only one that doesn't look involved. You seem on the sidelines.

I also don't like feeling ignored, and you're poking at me about things I think are very clear if you read my posts.

If I'm focusing on you right now it's because you look to be the lynch today and I'm trying to figure out if you should be.

I've looked at stuff about beast, and looked at his other entrances and concluded that the accusation that he only trolls at the beginning of a game as town is null. I also have a reason I'm not interested in Beast lynch that I'll fight for to stop.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:11 am

i am trying to figure out if you believe what you are saying (scum hunting). IF you vote me and I flip town, I want people to be able to see WHY people voted me. Consider it helping in the future. Like I said...I think you are town. I am curious what people will do when/if the mod says all the alignments were randomly selected. How will they justify their votes then? I have a feeling they wont, but I want info out there tomorrow.

and yeah, I am a little disengaged from the game now. holidays, plus it is hard to get into a game where you get a wagon based on NOTHING. How can one argue, I am voting you because you are being a dick...or I am voting you because of set up reasons???
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 371, Tammy wrote: I also have a reason I'm not interested in Beast lynch that I'll fight for to stop.

Do you mean

"I will fight against a beast lynch because
reasons
"

or do you mean

"I'm not interested ENOUGH in a beast lynch for
reasons
"

....or something else?

(Sorry for not understanding.)
....what?

SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

i'm betting that alignments weren't randomly assigned.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”