Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:53 am

Post by pisskop »

Ive reliably scumread in all our games regardless of alignment >.<
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Post by pisskop »

oh.

Metal's cheery and abcent. his content is vague but his reads strong. Hes very . . . funloving.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 475, pisskop wrote:Ive reliably scumread in all our games regardless of alignment >.<

I only see this game and Open 585 as games he's played. Are those the only two games you're referring to, is he a smurf you know the identity of, have you played offsite, or something else?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:03 am

Post by pisskop »

smurf?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 am

Post by Aquanim »

Ugh, terminology from my previous site. I meant "alternate account".
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:12 am

Post by pisskop »

no, in any case, not a sock.

I just think he would make a good scum. With odd. I specifically want people's opinions on the strength of that association.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:33 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 480, pisskop wrote:no, in any case, not a sock.

I just think he would make a good scum. With odd. I specifically want people's opinions on the strength of that association.

My opinion based on glancing over their ISOs is that I don't like pre-flip association cases or find them to be reliable, but if I did I would like this one. They kind of mention one another occasionally, OC voted Metal earlier on and Metal has OC somewhere low on his scum shortlist now, but I'm not feeling much of any passion behind it from either side.

Metal has been slipping under my radar in general so far, I'll have to rectify that.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Taly »

In post 471, RadiantCowbells wrote:Really wasn't necessary to claim Taly, especially considering you knew I was gonna pull off.

You're right, I was unsure of how you'd react to the last few pages beforehand. Well, you've earned a point of trust.

In any case, I'm still searching for a reason to be cautious with half of these people due to the fueled wildfire that should have burned these last 10 pages of the thread.

However, I do feel my playstyle is becoming a bit more fluid in self-analysis. Perhaps I gain game experience through surviving these games, I feel more inclined to be less formal and more like how I am. (Without feeling inclined to formalities) It is rather refreshing. (I wonder if this is either triggered by almost being hammered, and/or we're at the 20 page mark in this game.)

[/post]480[/post] I think it is possible. Odd and metal would make a strong pairing, however - I haven't read a lot from metal, and I've townread them both. I might want to see more of them for a better conclusion. Metal is off on VLA though, and odd hasn't spoken much since so I wonder what's up there.

I don't think entertaining an Odd-Taly scummy buddy team makes sense. We've both disclosed ideas to everyone that we have disagreed, agree, defended, and somewhat not entirely go with each other. I also don't get why Odd and I would be considered as a
scum team since we were the top wagons in the last 8 pages or so.
That's like saying:

"Oh, you're both scum! We found you out on D1! All because we voted you, and you suck kthxbye. :) :) :) :)"

I think it's dangerous on pairing a scum team on D1(not that I could talk, because I've just done this.) - but I think the Odd/Metal think is looking quite likely, and I've said all I wanted to on the Odd-Taly subject.

:neutral: Searching for something to respond to.... pending.......... pending...............

OK, so you still think I am your strongest scum read, Elyse? That's funny, there's PLENTY of things that have been said that you could see as scummy as what I said 13 pages ago. Also, if you read my previous posts
invalidating peoples misreps
on me, you can see that some peoples voting and reasonings don't completely align, yes?

In Aqua's defense, I think he is one of the most town of us all. (This is partially gut, ironically.) I mean,
what scum would go to these lengths to defend what they think as townie?
Even if Aqua and I were scum buddies, I feel like at this point one of us would have dumped the other right about now in favor of a wagon to save the others butt. Not saying I'd personally do that, but I believe the townie explanation quite a bit more than the latter.

Also, Aqua, WOW. You've managed to flatter, surprise, scare, and make me grateful of you all in a page of posts. I hope you're town, because if you're scum, I might as well jump off a cliff.

Back to M.Mafia, about the text thing - I
emphasize
the points I want to get across to people the most. Sorry that it's bothering you, I will do it less.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:04 am

Post by Taly »

Sigh, mod can you fix the link for the in about post 480? Thanks

Also Elyse, my main point is. I think you might want to start re-evaluating your position and reads. Reads are extremely fluid elements in this game, (unless they're strong and gut) - so still trying to scumread me and find more reasons to say I am scum isn't really helping out a a lot.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:09 am

Post by Elyse »

Ok don't respond to my legitimate points that's cool too.

@pisskop
Answer my question first.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:19 am

Post by pisskop »

Im a 2shot anytime vig, and Im not shooting taly today.
answer mine
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Elyse »

No answer mine first. I asked first. What is your read on Taly and why?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:13 am

Post by pisskop »

Slightly scummy, wouldn't oppose their lynch. Was originaly going to kill when intent was declared; to get all the info I could.
Seems to take turns being genuine and wanting to help and being dedicated newb scum.

Overall, I'm dubious as to what a town flip of Taly would indicate. Let me reread.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:26 am

Post by pisskop »

Kill: oddmusic

I've decided that Taly will likely be lynched regardless, so we'll find out anyhow. I asked your opinion :good:
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Elyse »

Ok thanks.

I am scumreading oddmusic. He's my #3 behind Taly and Aquanim. Early in the game, as RC pointed out, he was noncommittal and flaky. He prefaced his first vote on metal by saying "I hate this part of the game" or something like that which is ridiculous and scummy. He's softening the blow and hoping to not get flak from metal rather than taking a hard stance with his scumread that he was confident enough in to vote for.

And then he throws down a horrible vote on RC after RC brought various legitimate points against him.

He keeps making excuses for himself about how he can't get into the game but he doesn't comment on what's happening in the thread very much when it's easy to do so.

This post:
In post 287, oddmusic wrote:Additional thoughts on a couple of players.

Mykonian's posting a lot without actually giving reasons for his posts. His most recent post was the key to me wanting to check over his ISO, and his only high content post was a scumread on Taly ().

I am a little curious why Taly just switched his vote onto RadiantCowbells, considering it was quite a few posts ago that RC was his top scumread (that would be ).

I think I like Insidious Lemons' posts thus far. Lots of analysis, lots of questioning mostly good stuff. A scumread on me last he talked about me, but I can't say I didn't earn it.

looks like a half-assed attempt to churn out some content but if you read it, it actually means absolutely nothing.
In post 415, oddmusic wrote:Looking over tool's case on Taly in , it's pretty good, and the posts he references back up his case well. The one thing that I question in it is the argument on . There was a lot of post happening there before Taly made his vote. It could be over-explaining, like tool described in , but the style of the post does strike me as genuine stream of consciousness. Regardless, I'm going to take a look over Taly's ISO.

Ok...so now what is your read on Taly? Did you look over his ISO?

P-edit: :?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:59 am

Post by mykonian »

Neat!

That's two meh players gone in one go.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Taly »

In post 484, Elyse wrote:Ok don't respond to my legitimate points that's cool too.

Oh, you want me to reply? OK.

It's my fault that my case on you has dominated discussion? Maybe it's because it's the only legit case out there - something you even acknowledged. I don't get why you're all in a huff about your wagon when you admit that my case has merit. I mean I get that you are going to defend yourself but you're acting as if everyone is crazy for voting you because you're being honest. Hint: No one can tell if you're being honest. Saying it does not help. And people are less likely to believe you when you've admitted to lying in the past.

Yes, I did in fact acknowledge that you had a legitimate case. But for several pages of people misrepping my posts, *cough* *cough* a few mykonian reactions, but I'm not getting into that just yet *cough* ---- And still no lynch on me, with overall ambivalent reads from the town - I'm beginning to think that holding up this case on me now is just your way of trying to get me lynched, and/or trying to divert attention away from other things that have happened.

I never thought you were noobtown. Your posts obviously indicated that you're a newbie, and the various contradictions and AtEs made me decide noobscum rather than noobtown.

Yeah, because I said I was a noobie..... Also, I have contradicted myself, but I feel as though I haven't been the only one here. I'm not liking the attention this case is still getting. Or at the very least, how far you'd want to go to lynch me.

The point of this game is to lynch your scumreads. That's what I'm doing.

Again, yes, and I already said you should re-evaluate it and why. If you still don't get it, then
ask.
Also, quite a few of us have YET to hear your reads on most anyone here. A lot of your posts seem like you keep trying to prove a point that has already been proven halfway in this thread already. Can you try to just look at other people right now and see if you change your outlook on this? I think refreshing it gives you quite a bit of insight on
who really is who.
So please, can you give me a read on others? I already know you want me lynched.

Here we go.

Is this your way of indirectly telling everyone that you're not willing to hear what I say because you think everything I do at this point indicates scum?

I think the real problem here is that you were lying and I pressed you to get the truth. I'll let mykonian address your question about why he didn't intervene but my guess it that I was doing a good enough job of pressuring you on my own.

Oh really? Did you ever ask the question why
mykonian
DIDN'T
intervene?
I'm sorry, but ANYONE who falls back to hide behind someone else to do pressuring for them is a very weak scum tactic in my mind. Plus, I
NEVER
legitimately spoke to you at that point, you just inserted yourself into this when I was suspicious of mykonian, then you just pushed to find reasons why:

A)
I was false
B)
I was scum
C)
I was playing shakily(which was in part true, I'll give you that)

It just doesn't look like a good set-up.

So you're scumreading me for being a good player? :lol: Come on now.

Not particularly, funny that you laugh at that because it is true on your wiki page. I'm not exactly scumreading you for being a strong player, I'm scumreading you
because I think you are one of the best at deception in this game
. It even re-iterates itself in your signature. Also, the idea that you're still coming onto me, and people still think you're towny, kind of validates the reasoning just a bit, no?

Again, I don't understand how you can possibly scumread me for voting you and pushing your lynch when you have admitted my case on you is legitimate. And where am I defending mykonian?

I already said where you were defending Mykonian in a previous respone in this post. Now let me show you a few posts where Mykonian was defending you:

My post emphasizing this in did pretty well on this subject. Why was Mykonian complaining to Aqua? It felt like Aqua genuinely believed you guys were headed for a mislynch and you not only:

A) Dismiss him(you and mykonian)
B) Insult him(mykonian)
C) Validate that you both were against me and defending each other(mostly mykonian)
D) Question him on why he was so bent on helping me(you - Elyse)

Elyse, why don't you just reflect on yourself for a moment? Have you done that much different?

If eektor should be lynched then why aren't you voting for him?

I already told eektor to dismiss the error in It was a minor calculation error on my part.

Also, I still think you and Mykonian are likely scum candidates. If you're unsure, just as me questions over this.

No you haven't considering this is the first time you've brought it up.

It was the first time I brought up you and Mykonian being scum, yes.

But I've elaborated so many times on my reasons and justified myself on my claims and ideas and defended myself. Which saying this again loses credibility, but I'm willing to say it to let everyone know I don't know what more they want from me.

I've also suspected mykonian ever since like.... 13-14 pages ago?

I don't know what this means.

It means that Mykonian hasn't really elaborated on some of his reads until recently, which most were to defend himself from MY posts. And a lot of what your posts just seems to validate your already validated case, and you're just pushing for me to get mislynched. Not that you'd know until everyone sees on D2 that I was right. If people really do want me out of here.

And then Taly insists he's being genuine. And he softclaims. Softclaiming is a pet peeve of mine and I hate it so so much. It's also a scumtell. A newbtown like Taly would be more likely to blurt out his entire role as a last minute defense. Instead, he's holding his cards close to his chest and leaving an option to claim whatever he wants, but also claiming PR to make people scared of lynching him. He clearly thought about using it as a defense rather than it being a gut reaction. He's scum.

Oh, so you want to know my role? I'm a Town Role-Blocker. I can keep you from NKing everyone who doesn't agree with you. Does that upset you?

I hope this post made you feel better about yourself just for a moment.

Now that Odd is gone, everyones going to want to lynch me now as a scapegoat. If Odd is town, and then I'm lynched as town(which proves I was right)

Scum will have an advantage over this game - At least, nobody would have much reason to suspect Aqua anymore. And everyone would know how wrong they were. And know how much more likely Elyse and Mykonian are scum.

Preview edit- Mykonian
, don't start feeling yourself. I haven't been mislynched yet.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:33 am

Post by toolenduso »

UNVOTE: Taly

Lotta things going on right now. I need to think about this.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:45 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

This is a lot to digest. I think I want to wait and see if this vig shot is in fact real before doing anything drastic. Vote stays on Taly for now, I don't really get why tool unvoted especially now that RC has stopped voting him as well but... god damn this is a lot to digest. I still don't like Taly though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

This dayvig claim interests me.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:52 am

Post by pisskop »

How so?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:02 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 493, InsidiousLemons wrote:I don't really get why tool unvoted especially now that RC has stopped voting him as well

I thought he was still close to lynch.

OK so I don't see any reason for Taly's claim to necessarily be true. My hangup here is that it would make much more sense for scum to fakeclaim doc or cop, but then I realized that maybe Taly is a scum RB and just decided to claim his actual role but as town. Wouldn't surprise me.

The other thing about this is that Taly did it in response to a post from Elyse where she basically said "if you were town you would just claim instead of softclaim." It's like Taly saw that and thought "Elyse is telling me how to look town, so I'll do that."

On top of that (and I'll admit I haven't read Taly's last few books word-for-word, but rather skimmed), it looks to me like Taly is calling Elyse scum while talking to her like she's town (as in, "I hope you're happy with yourself," which implies that town has pushed another townie toward lynch, because why would say to scum that you hope they're happy with themselves?).

I do want to go back and actually read Taly's last couple of posts. Which might take a while, but hey, it's Sunday.

OddMusic needs to get in here before the mod.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:04 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Toolenduso, is your avi one of those Wizzerds from PM:TTYD?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 491, Taly wrote:Preview edit- Mykonian, don't start feeling yourself. I haven't been mislynched yet.

Oh dear, but not everything I post this game is about you <3.

In post 467, Elyse wrote:And then Taly insists he's being genuine. And he softclaims. Softclaiming is a pet peeve of mine and I hate it so so much. It's also a scumtell. A newbtown like Taly would be more likely to blurt out his entire role as a last minute defense. Instead, he's holding his cards close to his chest and leaving an option to claim whatever he wants, but also claiming PR to make people scared of lynching him. He clearly thought about using it as a defense rather than it being a gut reaction. He's scum.

my thoughts exactly.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 am

Post by mykonian »

is there anyone fun still here?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”