lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:30 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 1773, dragonspawn wrote:My read on wolf has nothing to do with you. Especially when you haven't given reasons for vibes. If you have a case post it. Don't try to ride coattails on mine.

hah
I don't want anything to do with your coattails
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:32 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1774, Drixx wrote:
I would heavily caution against making any assumptions about neighborhoods at all, really.

Especially in a wake game. Neighborhoods are completely randomised. We should just hunt scum and not make assumptions based on their hood.

If cheetory does turn out to be scum, I doubt it would be on Varsoon's team though. I doubt two scum buddies would be act in the hood with the other members inactive. Doesn't make sense to me since it just means they are more likely to get caught.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an opposing scum in the hood. Targeting Varsoon may be from things he has said in the hood more than in just the game.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:32 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1775, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 1773, dragonspawn wrote:My read on wolf has nothing to do with you. Especially when you haven't given reasons for vibes. If you have a case post it. Don't try to ride coattails on mine.

hah
I don't want anything to do with your coattails

You're previous post suggests otherwise.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:33 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 1709, lalaladucks wrote:Coolbeans

Only one kill? Successful protect or something?

How many scum do you think were on Ozgin's wagon

Anen, I'm still town if you're wondering

The scum is strong in this post. I see JEEP's Gloating Tell in here with a little bit of "VCA is hard but I'll mention it in passing and maybe someone else will do it" and a little bit of proclaiming innocence for no real reason.

yikes

everyone really hates this one

some wise person once told me that JEEP's tells worked well until he published them
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:34 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 1777, dragonspawn wrote:

it was just that
Day 1 no one else really seemed to get very strong scum vibes from SW

>:[
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Taly »

Guys, I'm going to be V/LA for the 25th to 29th.

So, I'll post around some, but I'll be seriously busy. Thanks for understanding ^_^
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Anen wrote:(ii) Why did you suggest him doing so?
Because it was earlygame and I wanted to get the ball rolling?

Anen wrote:(i) Dumb idea.

Anen wrote:Yeah, why didn't you tell it, Cheetory?

Note: Egg is reading the game in a very similar way as I do.
How is " that was a dumb idea" reading the game similarly to "that was blatantly scummy"? I feel like that isn't the same reaction at all.
It was like the first thing he said in the PT. I assumed he was just saying/thinking of dumb shit to get the game started.

Anen wrote:Why Titus? We can't rule out that but is she our biggest concern now?
Because she's good at directing the flow of the game.

Anen wrote:(xii) I hope your Neighbourhood will confirm this later. Although I don't understand the point of this. Even if it was a joke, why didn't he ask you to kill House, in this case?
Because Titus is scarier than House is during the day for scum who's worried about someone they can't control. He was probably paranoid that she could be active scum driving the game. Could also be distancing, but not really leaning that way atm.

Drixx wrote:Varsoon also gave me tons of crap for having a sudden V/LA come up, and was basically positioning to paint me as scum in the neighborhood.
Well that's just not true. He was trying way harder to make TSO look scummy from what I saw.

dragon wrote:Cheet,

You should have agreed with him on fake claiming masons. Then had him do so and said, not at all.
:lol: Instead, I should have claimed mafia with him, right? :P
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:50 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Well, not unless you are mafia with him:)
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Egg »

Titus, now that I'm a little more awake I noticed what you were talking about. My "that" to Cheet wasn't Varsoon wanting you dead. It was Varsoon wanting to fakeclaim masons with Cheet. It makes no sense from town.

Lala, it's more that JEEP's tells became outdated as the game evolved. Gloating is probably the one that stayed the most valid though. You could also be accused of "congratulating the doc".
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:00 am

Post by dragonspawn »

It occurs to me with the last comment that one mafia team had doc protection as a possibility. It seems logical that the other team would too.

Perhaps I jumped the gun on assuming it was good for town that we only had one kill. Because maybe the scum were protected by their doc or worse by a town doc if there is one.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1781, Cheetory6 wrote:
Anen wrote:(ii) Why did you suggest him doing so?
Because it was earlygame and I wanted to get the ball rolling?
Anen wrote:(i) Dumb idea.

Anen wrote:Yeah, why didn't you tell it, Cheetory?
Note: Egg is reading the game in a very similar way as I do.
How is " that was a dumb idea" reading the game similarly to "that was blatantly scummy"? I feel like that isn't the same reaction at all.
It was like the first thing he said in the PT. I assumed he was just saying/thinking of dumb shit to get the game started.
Anen wrote:Why Titus? We can't rule out that but is she our biggest concern now?
Because she's good at directing the flow of the game.
Anen wrote:(xii) I hope your Neighbourhood will confirm this later. Although I don't understand the point of this. Even if it was a joke, why didn't he ask you to kill House, in this case?
Because Titus is scarier than House is during the day for scum who's worried about someone they can't control. He was probably paranoid that she could be active scum driving the game. Could also be distancing, but not really leaning that way atm.

(ii) Okay.
(i) Indeed. I read your first post and I simply thought that it was a dumb idea. After Egg had pointed it out that it had been scummy, I realized there might be truth in it. And now I'm changing my mind about the topic again: you said that it was the first thing he posted. In this case, it's most probably simply dumb – and irrelevant now.
(xii) I don't think it was a kind of distancing. (After all, if there's a scum in that Neighbourhood from another faction, Titus might have been killed for real.) But, here's another idea. Varsoon didn't suspect that he'd be killed at Night1. He might have tried to build either a scumcase on Titus or a scumcase on someone in your Neighbourhood. (And it might have worked if Titus had been Nightkilled and Varsoon had been spared.)
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I mean, scum has no reason not to try and scumhunt.
I think he genuinely was paranoid of Titus potentially being scum.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:08 am

Post by Aneninen »

I don't think so.
If they weren't distancing, Varsoon must have thought that Titus belongs to another scum faction. Whom did he want to ask them? The third faction? Or someone with a Vig Kill? As for the first one: it's not too likely that there are three different kind of scums in a faction (although, not entirely impossible). As for the second one: it's still not too possible, plus, I don't think Titus would have been the best Vig Kill.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I don't think Varsoon actually expected Titus to get shot because of his comment.
I think he was expressing an anxiety that he was feeling over her in the game.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1778, lalaladucks wrote:

The scum is strong in this post. I see JEEP's Gloating Tell in here with a little bit of "VCA is hard but I'll mention it in passing and maybe someone else will do it" and a little bit of proclaiming innocence for no real reason.

yikes

everyone really hates this one

some wise person once told me that JEEP's tells worked well until he published them

The Gloating tell still works, and is nearly universal in mafia games. Scum see that a bad thing (for them) happened and feel like they should be happy about it if they were town and thus out comes the post that references the thing that happened. Obviously, townies are happy when less carnage than expected greets us at the start of day, so a townie can comment also, but it's really easy just to think about it for a moment and realize that townies almost universally just don't really comment on that most of the time {Barring when there's a really good reason to in which case the whole game does}. That said ... it takes a gigantic fool to convict someone based upon one scummy looking moment.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:15 am

Post by Kitz »

Either I'm getting really fucking stupid, or this makes no sense at all.

Spoiler:
In post 1715, Titus wrote:
In post 859, Varsoon wrote:Central Hood:
Wake, Dragonspawn, Bookitty, Kitz, Egg

Bastion Hood:
Varsoon, Cheetory, Drixx, TSO

Content to add Drixx and TSO to the not Varsoon buddies you listed Egg.

VOTE: Kitz

Your turn House. You gets sheep's.

Quotes Varsoon's Neighbourhood list, then says something about Drixx and TSO, and then votes me.
Like, what? Why am I being voted on? This makes no sense. We're not in the same neighbourhood.

In post 1721, Titus wrote:Umm wtf to the last comment about killing me... dat doubtcasting by Varsoon yo.

Makes me think I am a threat to Varsoon, which suggests Kits scum.

House had claimed joat. Varsoon was a joat. The House suspicion is likely genuine because balance implies joat on team A, boat can work on team B. I doubt it is accurate though.

I could compromise on FA.

Can you look at Kits Cheetory?

Makes you think you are a threat to Varsoon, which suggests I'm scum? What the fuck is this even coming from? Your behind?
You even gave logic there right after, House claimed JOAT and Varsoon was a JOAT, "suspicion is likely genuine"... Shouldn't you at least suspect House more than me?
Then you ask others to look into me.

In post 1726, Titus wrote:@Egg, I will suppose the "that" in the last post is wanting me dead. The question is why? I literally sent all of day 1 tunnelling town. How was I a threat to anyone with a scum wincon? I was even going to sheep House on Kits for day 2 If I lived, so why shoot me? If Kits is scum though....

So basically, you got a Death Threat, and you're not even dead, and you use this as a reason to connect me to the scum list. I don't see the fucking logic.
I even ISO'd Varsoon and I don't see the death threat that was named. Regardless, shouldn't it also cast suspicion on more than just me?
Also, did it not occur to you that Scum wants to gain Towncred? If he denounced you regarding the tunneling and they flip town, that's free towncred.

I want to be quoted that specific "threat" thing though because I'm just being too stupid and can't find it.

I'm not surprised that Titus will just tunnel me down and look for every excuse.
It even says it there, "I was even going to sheep House on Kits for Day 2 if I lived", regardless of alignment.

I'm genuine confused. This is a moonpuzzle logic in my eyes. If anyone can educate me on what the actual matter is, thanks.
Mainly frustrated because it's a skilled player who do not make sense.

Anyway, I'd like to pressure on Wolf. We in the neighbourhood agree that there's something odd about this :
In post 1525, SilverWolf wrote:Do you guys want more discussion and a chance for Oz to speak again before the day ends?

In post 1535, SilverWolf wrote:I have no objections to the hammer.

VOTE: Silverwolf

Titus' tunneling, asking House to sheep and House not even agreeing to the SW thing in neighbour because it's "futile to read her"...
I dunno. I'd like to take a closer look on House after SW and then Titus. House seems oddly protective on SW.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Skybird »

Ewww. As Anen already pointed out, he hadn't even posted yet in D2.

In post 1743, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 1739, Prolapsed Brain wrote:Discussion != arguing.

Link to that game? (And what's a crossbar?)

P-Edit: Just the coaching, in tandem with your overall ditziness (for lack of a better word).

Also lol how did it take you >ten minutes to write this

Another icky post.

In post 1745, lalaladucks wrote:I'm just curious as to how his response to my question was a P-Edit when there were ten words before his response to me

Not saying it makes him scum or anything

lala is not even pressured here and immediately backs off of PB.

In post 1756, lalaladucks wrote:The "No." was because you're wrong about me being scum and me being a fantastic vote.

Great lala, you claim you are not scum. How about refuting things/explaining instead of just saying you are not scum.

In post 1772, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 1769, dragonspawn wrote:Surprised it's taken so long for someone to question me on me.

In post 1525, SilverWolf wrote:Do you guys want more discussion and a chance for Oz to speak again before the day ends?

These two posts pinged me hard at the end of the day. This is not town wolf. Town wolf careful about lynching. She doesn't rush them. And she wouldn't be asking whether we should let him speak.again, she would.be insisting he claim before we hammer.

But she isn't. She is almost eager for the Hammer. Even odder considering she wasn't scum reading ozgin at the time.

And now she completely ignores my vote with her while posting an in-depth analysis of varsoon. Yeah this isnt feeling right at all.

yay someone sees what I mean when I say SW gives me scum vibes

Where did you make a case for scum SW on D1?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:37 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1278, lalaladucks wrote:
Top 3 Scum

SilverWolf
FA_Q2
Bookitty

SW ~ her early vote on me was alright. But something about her posts just makes me uneasy, I can't really explain it.
FA_Q2 ~ I ISO'd him and just realised I've missed quite a few of his posts. Well... His case on me actually isn't terrible, even though his conclusion that I'm scum is incorrect. But the thing is, based on my shitty play so far I'm an easy target for a mislynch. In all of my completed games, scum has used that strategy as well. He's capitalising on my scummy sounding posting. FYI, just cause I sound scummy doesn't mean I'm scum, alright.
Bookitty ~ rawr guilty? Actually, I'm doubting my read on her looking through her ISO. If scum, she's really good. But it was based on weird feelings and yeah. That credibility...

This is the extent of ducks wolf read yesterday.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:40 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1786, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean, scum has no reason not to try and scumhunt.
I think he genuinely was paranoid of Titus potentially being scum.

Wouldn't he just shoot Titus himself then? Also, what Anen said.

Cheet wrote: I think he was expressing an anxiety that he was feeling over her in the game.

This may or may not mean he thought she was scum...

Kitz, the only logic I really see unless Titus explained on Day 1 somewhere is that she's sheeping House and I don't even know House's reasons.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:41 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Might have been worried that Titus is one of those players who's likely to get protected or something?
Or given that he had a protection he might have been worried about other scum having a protection of their own or her being BP? etc etc..
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 3:22 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1769, dragonspawn wrote:Surprised it's taken so long for someone to question me on me.

These two posts pinged me hard at the end of the day. This is not town wolf. Town wolf careful about lynching. She doesn't rush them. And she wouldn't be asking whether we should let him speak.again, she would.be insisting he claim before we hammer.

But she isn't. She is almost eager for the Hammer. Even odder considering she wasn't scum reading ozgin at the time.

And now she completely ignores my vote with her while posting an in-depth analysis of varsoon. Yeah this isnt feeling right at all.

I saw your vote but you gave zero reasons for it. I'm not exactly sure what you wanted me to respond to but I figured I'd ask you about it when you are online today. You took those quotes of mine out of context dragon and jumped to conclusions without even asking me about them.

No, I wasn't scumreading Ozgin, nor was I voting for him but I was starting to waver on him some at the end there. I was the one asking how many votes he had and wanted to see where he was at and that's when someone posted he was at L-1. My first comment was asking how we should handle the L-1. He had already claimed and given his reads. His lynch was inevitable but the votes were piling up on him pretty quick at the end there I didn't want someone coming in and willy-nilly throwing another vote down without discussion. I said I was o.k. with the hammer after you had already declared intent to hammer dragon and said you were going to wait until Ozgin spoke and you got off work. I was not expecting Boon to hammer there. That comment was in response to this from Skybird:

In post 1534, Skybird wrote:I've been following the thread and I have no problem with an Ozgin lynch.

And shortly after T S O posted this:

In post 1540, T S O wrote:I'm here, and I have no objections to the hammer. It's a scum lynch.

If you have a problem with my comments dragon, what about these and why didn't you ask me about my comments and what I meant by them before voting for me?

Of course I'm going to analyze Varsoon. It's a scum flip. I would still appreciate feedback on that from someone please.

Kitz vote sheeping you seemed opportunistic and I don't really like lala's saying she's suspicious of me but not voting either.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Wake1 »

'Blue Discus'

Symphysodon aequifasciatus

Vote Count 2.02

Aneninen

Bookitty

Boonskiies

Cheetory6

DeltaWave

dragonspawn

Drixx

Egg

FA_Q2
Cheetory6

House

Kitz
Titus
House
Aneninen

lalaladucks
Prolapsed Brain
Boonskiies

Prolapsed Brain

RadiantCowbells

Silverwolf
dragonspawn
Kitz

Skybird

Taly

Titus

T S O

Not Voting:
Bookitty
DeltaWave
Drixx
Egg
FA_Q2
lalaladucks
RadiantCowbells
Silverwolf
Skybird
Taly
T S O

Spoiler: Information
VLA

Skybird
[05/26/15]
Taly
[05/29/15]

Natural Action Resolution

Natural Action Resolution

Commute - {Commuter}
Blocking - {Roleblocker > Rolestopper}
Jailkeep - {Jailkeeper}
Protection - {Doctor > Bodyguard}
Miscellaneous - {Neighborizer > Friendly Neighbor}
Kill - {Mafia factional kill = SK factional kill = Vigilante}
Role Investigation - {Cop > Gunsmith > Role Cop > Vanilla Cop}
Action Investigation - {Tracker > Watcher > Voyeur > Follower > Motion Detector}
The '>' represents internal priority between the roles.
The '=' means that internal priority between the roles is the same.
All Night Kills have the same priority/speed.

Rules OP

Link

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline is 06/07/15, @11PM CT.

(expired on 2015-06-07 23:00:00)

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | | | | |
Last edited by killerjester on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 3:33 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1790, Kitz wrote:
Titus' tunneling, asking House to sheep and House not even agreeing to the SW thing in neighbour because it's "futile to read her"...
I dunno. I'd like to take a closer look on House after SW and then Titus. House seems oddly protective on SW.

This is actually quite odd coming from House. He usually goes after me hard in games until he figures out my alignment. I have absolutely no idea what Titus's tunneling has to do with me though.

Care to elaborate on this? I'm not in your hood so this is news to me.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 3:35 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1779, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 1777, dragonspawn wrote:

it was just that
Day 1 no one else really seemed to get very strong scum vibes from SW

Is this just gut or do you have some other reasons for this? Why do you need other people to agree with you to make a case or vote?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 3:46 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Moreover, if duck is serious about wolf being a top scum read, why has she voted for wolf at all?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”