singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:37 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 1172, Saint wrote:I'm not buying it. I feel Titus is faking, and
used posting off Hydra on purpose to communicate and trick Town-Feysal into White Knighting her.

If she didn't do that on purpose, why didn't she apologize for it?

How exactly did you see her doing this?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 1172, Saint wrote:ijust read singersigner's iso and i'm pretty sure she's town

P-edit

Focus Beam given the multiball setup it would be easier for you to
1) get more votes on you as scum
2) make these weird guesses about scum

I'm not buying it. I feel Titus is faking, and used posting off Hydra on purpose to communicate and trick Town-Feysal into White Knighting her.

People say moonlogic is my town meta. I hate that but there you go.

Second, I am not sure how posting under the account Titus rather than Focus Beam would get anyone town read to that point. That is unless you mean something else entirely by posting off hydra? Alt slips happen. The procedure is to pick them up and move on.

Third, all the players on the wagon with me are obvious town.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 1154, Titus wrote:@Feysal, Most people have little faith in VCA. Frankly, I want to see if mine is teachable and finding someone like minded who has no baggage with me seems to be a good a chance as any, since I feel I'll be dead before I can use it. Keep a look out for that explanation Day 2 or Day 3.

@Tip/Hiplop, that's a personality tell. There's nothing in that post that avoids culpability. He says Mastina could be scum, and then explains it. No one would think that Feysal was taking a position that Mastina is likely town for instance.

Picking this up. Totally forgot about this one.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 1173, singersigner wrote:
In post 1170, Focus Beam wrote:
In post 1168, Saint wrote:
unvote;
vote: focus beam

im voting focus beam for posting off of their hydra

This vote is also epically terrible. Almost every hydra has alt slipped and I believe I am not even the most recent to do it.

Given the number of incredible votes on me, and the lack of engagement with Bulbazak from those who are voting me, I am thinking a large team with a third party killing role.

1. you literally just alt slipped
on this page
(and yes, you were the last one to do it).
2. you're basically implying that one whole scum
team
is voting for you right now? With a third party on the side? :igmeou:

I'm not gunna lie, Titus, I'd probably leave you alive as scum plenty long for how much of a disruption you tend to cause in games. Granted, I've only actually seen you as scum, but from what you've said and I've heard, it's not terribly different from your town game with the sheer amount of volume and noise you make. What makes you think you'd be the auto-mislynch of scum D1?

Because people can vote me and then dismiss everything I do as noise.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Focus Beam »

Oh and no, I am not implying that. I am outright stating I think that's the makeup. If it was multiball, I would expect one scum from each team tops. Given I can't find two townish looking votes (tip is a stretch), I am lead to believe one large team plus SK.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Focus Beam »

*small team multiball
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Focus Beam »

Now that Sal's here, I am out.

~Titus
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Focus Beam »

Man Saint's iso is gold

~sally
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 430, Saint wrote:
vote: jaqen
this is my fos btw

In post 641, Saint wrote:im still scumreading jaqen

In post 738, Saint wrote:im pretty sure jaqen is on one of the scumteams. what is there bad about that titus-hydra?

In post 877, Saint wrote:
unvote;

i can't vote that nameclaim

In post 879, Saint wrote:you know what
my name isnt really what you would consider a town name but im town ...
maybe it works both ways?
vote: jaqen hghar

In post 880, Saint wrote:i have suspicions on why this could be maf too even with the name

This doesnt even seem realy tbh.

Like is he reading or what?
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 732, Saint wrote:lynch titus totes scum (jk)

In post 738, Saint wrote:im pretty sure jaqen is on one of the scumteams. what is there bad about that titus-hydra?

unvote;

In post 1172, Saint wrote:ijust read singersigner's iso and i'm pretty sure she's town

P-edit

Focus Beam given the multiball setup it would be easier for you to
1) get more votes on you as scum
2) make these weird guesses about scum

I'm not buying it. I feel Titus is faking, and used posting off Hydra on purpose to communicate and trick Town-Feysal into White Knighting her.

Like lol this is most of his iso and wtf.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:55 am

Post by hiplop »

^saints someone who is unfortunately another good candidate for a policy lynch

dude never makes any sense
third best scummer of all time
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 am

Post by The Antagonist »

SPOONFEEDING TIME. HERE COMES THE AIRPLANE, TITUS.

why my multiball scumdar neurons are firing when i read psychlone's posts: a short scientific essay

-antihero

there's a generous heaping helping of townreads. lot's of 'em. and they're pretty clean-limbed. here's some samples:
Spoiler:
In post 644, Psychlone wrote:
In post 364, singersigner wrote:I'm actually just paranoid I'm always going to read you as scum.

Actually, based on singer/frog dynamics and the "burn" post, I don't think singer aggressively seeks interaction with frog in the way she did this game. Even if she genuinely thought they were scum, I think she would give them more room so she didn't have to engage with them as early as she did.

Rest of her posts aren't alarming.

In post 646, Psychlone wrote:
In post 642, singersigner wrote:I think that if they were talking on gchat about Lady's appointment they could've gotten on the same page about the misunderstanding but instead they kept posting separately, creating a lot of dissonance and confusion.

Why do you think they would use this scum strategy as scum?

I find it unlikely because it's a huge risk early game for little to no payoff; I don't think they have much to gain from intentionally being obtuse.

In post 651, Psychlone wrote:I like Antagonist's scumhunting so far, which tells me they are at least trying! Ika also seems pretty engaged for now, which is a good sign. I'd put this slot as less town than singer but not by a significant amount.

In post 655, Psychlone wrote:Frogging Mollie looks extremely town. Level of engagement is good from the slot even when multiball is considered, but in particular, I don't think Mollie tells Aerith to full-out as scum: that's the time when she lets town attack a soft claim for being a soft claim and reaps benefits later.

In post 657, Psychlone wrote:Mastina falling in love with this game in the way that she as says town more than it says scum to me. She's right in that multiball is not the forum to play a loud, engaged scum game: it's the game to push for mislynches that would otherwise be hard to get and draw negative attention.

In post 198, mastin2 wrote:Hey, just think of it this way: even if I wa scum, there's two scumteams, so you could freely help me with hunting the other half! (Doesn't matter since I'm town, but there you go, reason to work with me even if paranoia gets the better of you!)

This doesn't really seem like the type of deal mastin would make as scum.

In post 567, mastin2 wrote:I mean, the more I play, the more it becomes clear people are hilariously bad at reading me. Except the people who matter. Who get it when they don't let paranoia get the better of them.

This also feels pretty town, as do the interactions with pie (both ends).

There's also a bunch of other little stuff here and there but the big takeaway point is that I don't think mastin-scum in multiball plays to get townread; mastin-scum in multiball plays to get mislynches or plays slightly scummily to increase survival rate, and this most definitely isn't that.

In post 658, Psychlone wrote:GiF-date: Flubber is town. Congratulations, Flubber!

In post 673, Psychlone wrote:
In post 669, Frogging Mollie wrote:What is going on here with your read on Focus Beam?

Town, then scum, then vote singer as the only scum on the Town!Focus Beam wagon?

GiF was the person who read Focus Beam as town, I initially read them as scum since Titus was acting weird in her interactions with Mollie early game. Then Salamence made that overdramatic "YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME" post and I started to townread the slot more than I did before.

Then (or around that time), GiF and I started to talk, we both agreed Focus!town and it seemed likely there was at least one scum on the wagon if Focus wasn't town. I agreed, I looked at the wagon and it consisted of the 6 town reads I had and just named and singer. I voted singer.

ISO of her showed a subtle towntell that I didn't pick up on the first time through, so I unvoted and am currently looking at the wagon closer than I was before.

In post 677, Psychlone wrote:Seiko x Naomi townread is based on both players in the slot, which is always reassuring and wonderful. Notscience has a pretty solid entrance although nothing absolutely crazy: really loving pie's entrance so far. I think that if she were scum, she would feel obligated to take advantage of ~multiball~ to a greater extent and show off just how much she can scumhunt which she hasn't done here.

This is probably one of the weaker town reads on the wagon so far, but still a pretty solid one.

actually, i lied to you. that's all of them, not a sample. whatever, there you go.

ok, so with this kind of deep thinking and coordination between the heads on the townreads, we're sure to see some fucking dazzling scumreads and cases....

NOPE

the sole attempt at that was what turned into singer-gate and the subsequent fumbling around.
oh yeah, and we also get this:
In post 683, Psychlone wrote:
In post 680, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 675, Psychlone wrote:
In post 669, Frogging Mollie wrote:I don't even see how that is a point, but it feels like buddying to push a singer mislynch.

I'm not currently pushing a singer lynch.

So you're voting her for what reason?

Because you scumread her earlier but now you haven't found any other scum reads to push?

Haven't found any other scumreads to push. I could vote Kaboose. I might vote Kaboose

the articulate confidence gives way to this mushy hemming and hawing. OR GENERALITIES:
In post 754, Psychlone wrote:Having played bork multiball before, he is not afraid to make core members a scum fakeclaim.

there's no direction to either of their scumhunting. there's a marked disparity in style and tone between the townhunting and scumhunting and IN MULTIBALL it's advantageous for scum to focus more on the townside. serves the dual purpose of 1) making crosskills more untraceable and 2) keeping a low profile to not draw the kill.

and don't tell me nacho and gif are going the poe route. poe on day 1 of a large theme is fucking insanely inefficient and awful and they both know better.

they're walking on eggshells.

they're scum.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:04 am

Post by hiplop »

VOTE: psyclone

I can't remember a single thing they've said or done.
third best scummer of all time
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1172, Saint wrote:I feel Titus is faking, and used posting off Hydra on purpose to communicate and trick Town-Feysal into White Knighting her.

I don't get this, and in any case this is impossible since Titus alt slipped in post #1154, while I began defending them in post #1065. Everyone except pieguyn and notscience has alt slipped at least once.

In post 429, Saint wrote:omg feysal is in this game :O
stars aligned IV? i wish

Meant to answer to this when I first read it, but forgot. Sorry, but do I know you? I was in Stars Aligned III, but I don't remember you. Were you perhaps in one of the hydras in that game?
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 1167, Feysal wrote:, , , , , , , , , , , , in addition to the posts I already linked to. There are posts to mastin2, Frogging Mollie, Jaqen Hghar, Scorpious, singersigner, myself, and the town in general. Sure, some of them may not have been that strong, but they are there.

yeah .... no

the first one is literally just her saying "varsoon's vote is shit and you're scum for not seeing it". the rest of the posts are more of the same thing. that is, put bluntly, entirely fucking pointless in terms of convincing anyone. it's not her trying to actually convince anyone, it's her trying to repeat the same bullshit point over and over and rely on posting a massive number of posts in order to get people to accept it as truth without actually thinking critically

In post 1167, Feysal wrote:Your word choice is also curious, since when you described town Titus you said how even her more ridiculous reasons could look believable if you squint - yet you criticize her efforts to push Varsoon by saying they only look like it if you squint. Whatever distinction you see there, I don't get it.

you are either misinterpreting or deliberately misrepresenting what I am saying here

the point of what I was saying is that Titus-town actually has solid reads - and they come off as illogical sometimes, but if you sit down and stare at it for a while you can see someone would believe the reasons she's pushing for her reads. she also puts a lot of effort - genuine effort, not what we're seeing here - into convincing people of her reads. here, she isn't doing this
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 1169, Focus Beam wrote:more noise aimed to distract

/whistle
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 1187, The Antagonist wrote:there's no direction to either of their scumhunting. there's a marked disparity in style and tone between the townhunting and scumhunting and IN MULTIBALL it's advantageous for scum to focus more on the townside. serves the dual purpose of 1) making crosskills more untraceable and 2) keeping a low profile to not draw the kill.

this is something I actually really wanna talk about when I'm not half asleep. I have a town* read on Nacho without factoring multiball into account, but I have basically no idea how multiball should be impacting how I'm reading people here.
notscience + pieguyn
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:29 am

Post by The Antagonist »

In post 1188, hiplop wrote:VOTE: psyclone

move the vote back to beam we can lycnh them tommorow

im gonna tell anti tha he can continue scum hungint but we lynch her frist
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1133, hiplop wrote:
@hiplop, no not really. My wagon started as a super fast RVS wagon and your vote was smack in the middle of it. Take a look at things again please.

Yeah, rvs wagon? real one was slow burning! Also I have yet to vote you this game!

Flubbernugget is totally scum, by the way. Just look at page 45 for evidence. What the fuck is that catch up lol?

@TIP i agree with Titus that 1065 looks quite town!

Tell me what you don't like about my catch up
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1155, TheIrishPope wrote:Read it thoroughly. You will find that nothing he says is concrete, e.g. "I am sure he is scum" or "I am sure he is town"; all game so far he's changed his reads based on what the majority thinks to avoid drawing attention to himself. Who worries about their image? Scum.
He didn't explain why he thought Mastina was scum. He "forgot" why he read her as town, and then "remembered" a game where she just so happened to be scum, but makes no note about how her play here relates to her play there. You see what I'm saying? Feysal can just later say "oh yeah, that game I was talking about? I just noticed the playstyles are not really that similar so mastina is town!" and that could work with some people because there is no explicit intention in his posts that would indicate fencesitting.
Also, how do you explain Feysal's continued avoidance of my posts?

Even if feysal said "I'm sure x is scum" a mind change would be plausible
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:59 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1013, Focus Beam wrote:Oh look, more Bias with Titus from Bulba.

Trying to blame something I did on Titus.

Fuckins stupid you are.

~Sally

I would try to tell you how wrong you are, like I did before, but I don't think you're listening or that you even care. This is just more of you latching onto something that you can surface push, while ignoring what was actually said. I also think it's interesting that you called it bias, which would suggest misguided or tunnelly town, but yet you continue to call me scum.

In post 1025, Frogging Mollie wrote:okay i am still working on my big long post but bulba is defo scum and I am weirdly excited and that singer and titus and I are on the same page.

cos bulba scum

VOTE: bulba

Mollie, you seriously can't be this blind.

In post 1033, Varsoon wrote:It bugs me that FocusBeam was all gung-ho about a 1v1 and is not trying to corral for lynches outside the FocusB v Varsoon dichotomy. Uh, blah blah.

I know, right? It's almost as if they're just trying to create a viable counterwagon to themselves in order to dismantle their own wagon. No scumhunting. Just counterwagon building.

In post 1043, Frogging Mollie wrote:
I wanna see what bulba does.

preeetty sure he is scum tho.

like no really he is avoiding me like the plague

How have I been avoiding you? I've barely had time to post, and at that point, my priority was getting into the game and stating what I saw rather than stroking your ego. I mean, it's sad that we haven't had the time to properly talk or anything, but if you want to, just send me a question instead of pouting and voting me before I have a chance to properly interact with the game state.

In post 1062, Frogging Mollie wrote:
I feel like bulba tries to come off as this beep boop character but really that is not who he is. when he drops the veneer he demonstrates a great deal of passion it is just pulling teeth trying to get him there.

I feel like there is a wall to him that is normal but it feels like there is an extra wall in this game.

tell me I am not crazy

You're not crazy, but I think you'd realize why I have that extra layer of disconnectiveness if you think back to how I was in Team Mafia. Think back to what happened to me near the end, how I was forced to kinda leave you and Wisdom on your own to finish your games, while scum took advantage of my new rl state to get me mislynched in Signs & Voided before I knew what was happening. Ask Mastin about how I was at the end of We Didn't Playtest This. Ask her how she and Voided had to drag me back into the hydra near the end to give them a third perspective, and how I refused to catch up, because I couldn't put that time in. I went to a wacky level of theory based on ISOs and mod posts, using game setup, because I didn't have the time to do things properly. It's regrettable, but this is the new norm for the time being. If you want to break through the shell, interact with me. If not, don't try to use my being distant as a reason to scum read me, because I believe that deep down, you know that to be crappy reasoning.

In post 1063, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 1061, Focus Beam wrote:I don't mind you being hard on me Mollie. What I do mind is the collection of votes that are largely reasonless and trying to be sold as if they aren't. I know I have my flaws. I know I need to work on them. I like that you want me to improve my game. I generally avoid /inning at the start to remove the problem of me sucking at day 1 (but great at reviewing it) but if I don't post Day 1, I'll always be the "random" vote. Your votes there, while I still feel were policy lynch driven, were relatively transparent in what you were doing (even if we disagree on the label to place on it).

I have been explaining what causes my "bad" behavior so in a hopes we can work on it together. However, "bad" is in quotes because I don't see anything I do as bad, merely playing the hand I've been dealt. For instance, I know I need to work on what's meant to be taken literally and what isn't. I do work on that. I am working on listening to people, but at the same time we have to factor in just because the crowd says it doesn't make it right.

I like players who are transparent and I tend to be pretty transparent in all my games. Generally, I view all players as having an agenda. It's much easier to see the agenda looking back on things, which is why my VCA usually turns out well. I'm taking out the things I'm worse at and doing the things I'm better at. If you feel that something I say isn't transparent, that's when you ask. The clarification, should tell you the most about my alignment. I'll either answer or say it's anti-town to answer and give you the most transparent reason why I'm anti-town. To read me, don't look so far as if you agree with me, but whether or not my thought processes is transparent.

What also needs to happen though is not stuff like "why not" wagon Titus and selling it as if it's scum. In the rare event Varsoon is town, things like that are shitty, especially from players who know I make my alignment known. I am relatively aware at how psychology plays into the game and seeing manipulative tactics. The problem is, both town and scum are manipulative. Both go for agendas (town is don't lynch town but lynch scum). I'm putting forth the effort to be better, but the effort just feels wasted if it never accomplishes anything so I'll get frustrated and rage a bit.

While Sal is being inartful, he's hitting the nail on the head. Mastina's playing as if her one goal is to lynch Titus. This isn't based in fact or reason or anything. Using the phrase lyncher confuses some because this game isn't bastard and thus no lyncher can be present. Yet, this type of behavior is something that happens all the time to my slot, from both town and scum.

I do appreciate the effort to meet me half-way, and if you see me falling into a tunnel habit, feel free to call me out on it.

I'll probably still tunnel if all my townreads and I are voting the same player.

yeah this slot is town. sorry

I also feel like this is the understatement of the year

Mollie... That post is a bunch of non-alignment indicative fluff. You know better. Don't let Titus-scum fool you again.

In post 1065, Feysal wrote:
In post 992, Bulbazak wrote:Also, if anyone can find who said something about there being 2 kills even with more than 2 scum teams, can you quote it? I have a game starting soon, but I'm pretty sure whoever said that is scum. That's not what I saw before, but it is pretty damning.

The closest thing I can remember is Aeris talking about an offsite game in post .

That's not it, although it does put Aeris back into likely scum territory, as she should have known better than to pull the crap she has if she's an alt, especially the sexist allegations. That points to scum tactics more than newbie rage.

In post 1067, Jaqen Hghar wrote:
I think its damned interesting Scorpius is reading Anti and Antagonist both as scum separate frim one another though. Even if this was an oops, it is probably the most tien-beneficial post to date. It looks like theres no reconciling Varsoon and Focus Beam.

VOTE: Antagonist

Can we lynch this after Titus? Pretty please?

In post 1071, Seiko x Naomi wrote:I'd also like to mention that this Bulba wagon sprang up out of nowhere after Focus Beam became the leading wagon, and people like Kaboose are on it.

DOES ANYONE SEE THE PROBLEM HERE?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was starting to wonder if everyone had lost their minds. Seeing people like Singer and Mollie on my wagon, especially, made me sad.

In post 1094, Flubbernugget wrote:
I don't think focus beam is really worth interacting with till later in the game. Still null. Only bringing this up because there's more to calling the slot Titus than scumpainting. It just "feels" like a Titus slot

I really want to lynch this, too.

In post 1100, borkjerfkin wrote:
[6] Focus Beam (mastin2, Varsoon, TheIrishPope, Seiko x Naomi, Bulbazak,The Antagonist)
[5] Bulbazak (Focus Beam. singersigner, Frogging Mollie, Kaboose, Feysal)

Seriously, can no one see the problem here? This happened in the span of a few hours. I want someone to tell me how this is town driven.

In post 1102, TheIrishPope wrote:I don't like Feysal re entry. He's fencesitting because he doesn't want to attract attention just yet, and is sort of not dealing strong opinions about major wagon to avoid confrontation. Watching.

I'm really not seeing that. What I am seeing is a mindset that seems really foreign to me. It's subtle, and it bothers me.

In post 1103, hiplop wrote:
I didn't mind Bulbas first post that singer/ focus pointed out, but this one (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7087894) bothers me

What bothers you about it?

In post 1116, Focus Beam wrote:
@hiplop, this is multiball. Also, my wagon jumped up just as fast, yet you had zero problem with it. Now that Bulba's getting wagoned, you do.

And then counterwagons kept popping up to stall it. I'm really not seeing the problem here or how it's comparable to my wagon.

In post 1116, Focus Beam wrote:
@Mollie/Singer, I am thinking that ika might be scum with Bulbazak or their townbeard. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

Are you really suggesting that everybody on your wagon is scum? For real? Come on, I know that town Titus is not
this
bad at reasoning.

In post 1120, Focus Beam wrote:
Also, your vote moves to Psychlone (the wagon singer preferred) after they take their vote off of me and onto Bulba is telling too. Why are you "so confident" about Psychlone being scum all of a sudden, when you weren't confident enough at the time to vote him?

What do you mean "all of a sudden"? They've been calling Psychlone scum for awhile.

In post 1134, Focus Beam wrote:
Now, can you answer me if you think The Antagonist and Bulbazak are possible buddies or not? I know ika and I have baggage but I'd like a second pair of eyes. First, The Antagonist (head irrelevant) shoots down my attempts to understand Seiko, calling my question to them a trap. Then here when Bulbazak takes off, now The Antagonist is interested in the Psychone wagon and is particularly targeting Singer. Yet, nothing happened (at least no posts by Nacho) between Singer's generic request for people to vote Psychlone and The Antagonist moving their vote. They posted about many other things, but now the timing seems convienent. Am I reading something there that doesn't exist?

If we were scum together, why would Antagonist vote Psychlone and not my counterwagon, aka you?

In post 1135, Focus Beam wrote:
My wagon hasn't been "slow" at all though. People have been playing roulette with who is on it, but generally my wagon has been around since RVS and stayed just with certain people jumping off and more getting on.

And through all that, it's stayed just around 7 people. Sounds like stalling to me.

In post 1140, Focus Beam wrote:He says he's voting me because he doesn't get what I'm doing in certain posts, yet he gets his head wrong. His whole policy was "If I don't get what Titus is doing, I auto lynch and never turn back".

Is that what I'm doing? Let's look back:

In post 992, Bulbazak wrote:As for Titus (yes Titus. You can drink yourself to oblivion for all I care, Sal.), I made a vow after Signs & Voided that if at any point in a game Titus made a move that I couldn't make sense of from a town perspective, I would lynch immediately, regardless of my previous read. She made that move early with her defense of Aeris, which I couldn't see as town,
but what really sealed it for me was her defensiveness, which boils down to mudslinging and threats
. I can't see this from town Titus, and I'm not going to try to talk myself out of a major ping like I have before.

In post 1011, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 998, Focus Beam wrote:@Bulba,

First things first. Sal's defended Aeirs. Sal has also made the "sexist" comments. He never intended that as such. If your standard is to lynch me based on me doing something that you can't understand, you should probably make sure it's me doing the posting. I haven't softclaimed anything as far as I know. Sal's told me he has though so *shrug*. I think anyone fairly reading the posts and concluding they are "sexist" would logically infer that it wasn't ME talking since I'm you know a GIRL. You're "forgetting" what made you think I was scum, but voting anyway. You can't be accused of putting forth a bad case nor disproven by merely saying something's there and never again will I be swayed. That's scumposting 101. Vote town, strawman argument, can't be disproven. All the scum you're scumreading me for, isn't me. It's our slot yes, but this shows at best you're putting no effort into the game and decided you were going to vote me if ever I became a wagon.

Okay, proof that you didn't actually read what I said and just skimmed through to find ways to attack me.
I think I made it very obvious that while the Aeris defense was what made me initially think you were scum, it was the way you attacked and sought to discredit your attackers. The threats especially I felt were unlikely to come from town you.
Seriously, it's like 1 or 2 sentences. Before that I was talking about Aeris, who was slinging sexist accusations to deflate the suspicion on her. I also said that it was
her
soft claim that is making me take a step back and reevaluate. Really, it's not that hard of a post to understand. I didn't quote wall or anything.

Hmm. I think I'm pretty clear on the fact that I'm voting you for your reactions to those voting you. If it was just the Aeris post, I'd have dropped that when I had my doubts on the slot, and I would have definitely referred to the rest of your play. However, your overdefensiveness, your mudslinging, misrepping, and overall threatening approach to those voting you is one that I am confident does not come from you as town. Try to twist my words all you want honey, but it's obvious to me and anyone with a reasonable amount of brain cells that you aren't actually engaging with your detractors, but are instead just seeking to discredit and destroy them.

In post 1135, Focus Beam wrote:
When called upon this, he doubles down despite being told by multiple people that he's wrong.

Let's ignore the fact that I'm not wrong, but if I was scum, what would be the point in me doing this, rather than going "Oh shucks, you're right." and moving on? It seems a lot more reckless, don't you think? This is about on par with RayFrost-scum calling me scum for tunneling a read in my very first game on site. It's a distraction tactic and is meant to ignore the actual facts.

In post 1162, Feysal wrote:
On the subject of mastin2, I forgot exactly what it was that I got my initial town read from. I do remember that later some of her meta talk felt more likely to come from town, but after rereading I was no longer as sure. And I did in fact explain why I thought she could be scum, though I did not go very deep into it. My old analysis post I referred to is here, and when I read it again, I was concerned by how similar mastin2 has been here. There is the ignorance of Scorpious being confirmed town

Was she ignorant of that? Show me, and then tell me how that is indicative of scum.

the unexplained reads

Mastin tell

the apparent clairvoyance

Mastin tell, unless you're saying she's right, and then my question would be how you'd know that.

and the fact that I can't understand what she is thinking

I don't think anyone knows what Mastin is thinking. Heck, I don't know what you're thinking most of the time. Should I be convinced that makes you scum?

unvote;

Saint, I'm reasonably sure you're town here, but this is such a horrible vote.

In post 1169, Focus Beam wrote:
First, Antagonist interrupts my questioning of you saying it's a trap. You're all too happy to let this go, even though it highlights a major flaw in your case. If I am pushing, I am town. Second, you should be all to aware that the ika head of that hydra votes me for having the name Titus.

Varsoon's vote is a shitty votepark for awhile and discussed ad nauseum.

Mastina's vote has been parked since RVS for "impressions" that she refused to back up when called upon.

Bulbazak is voting us because of a policy that is factually wrong.

Then there's TiP who is voting me while treating me as town. That's the best of the bunch.

So all the reasoning you give here seems to think that the votes on you are mostly misguided rather than scum. If Ika always votes you, how does that make that slot scum? Shouldn't you be expecting it? I also know that you've discussed Varsoon before, but here you only insult his vote. If you still think he's scum, shouldn't you have said that? Something along the lines of "Varsoon is scum, so he's voting us." instead of "Varsoon's vote is just bad and he's vote parking."? You insinuate here, and more specifically earlier, that Mastin's vote is just policy, which we both know is crap, so it mainly just comes across as being sore that a better player has their vote on you. I'm supposed to be a major scum read of yours, but you call my vote a policy vote "that is factually wrong". That seems rather different than the scum view of me you're trying to push. As for TiP, do you think he's scum? Because you seem to be suggesting it here, and this is the first I've heard of it. Overall, it just seems that you're mad that you're getting voted at all, and your entire approach this game makes me think that you're just scum annoyed that you've been caught for the wrong reasons.

In post 1193, The Antagonist wrote:
In post 1188, hiplop wrote:VOTE: psyclone

move the vote back to beam we can lycnh them tommorow

im gonna tell anti tha he can continue scum hungint but we lynch her frist

Why don't you actually vote her? I mean, I think you meant to earlier, but it epically failed.

Also, I think scum are gearing up for a push on Saint. I'd keep an eye out for that.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:05 am

Post by ika »

bulb did you fell catchup?
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:06 am

Post by The Antagonist »

In post 1197, ika wrote:bulb did you fell catchup?

and to add to have you played FF7 or know any flaor related sutff?
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 am

Post by The Antagonist »

VOTE: Focus Beam

fixed the vote

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”