Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 795, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Ugh, I kind of want to town read you just because you're here and willing to work with me.

I don't know if that's because nobody else is posting and I want someone to share thoughts with or if it's because I think we can compromise on Bulba and I don't see you bussing your buddy in that scenario.

But if Bulba flipped town I would feel really stupid for not lynching one of you/NS when it would be obvious that this is the route you would take as scum to protect your buddy and take attention away from your voting patterns.

Honestly this is my issue too, i would feel so stupid if we lost because of NS, especially since i've shown suspicion of him all game. But im my experience i come to suspect people and it turns out they are town. So i don't want to jump the gun either of them just yet. I would have if Stubbs was still here but your recap made me re-look over everyone.

I need help from someone. Can people start posting please?

I agree.

In post 796, Bulbazoor wrote:What is the read on me? I bet if I was on here talking it woul not change anything, but everyone is so willing to compromise on anyone else....

I still see problems in BBT. If you read me scum, why do you have doubts on me? Were you not sure on your read on me a few minutes ago? THespio, IS PUSHING A SCUMREAD ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE?!

No, im simply questioning people to get some discussion going, just because NS stepped out for a little while doesn't mean we should stop playing. Im glad im not the only one seeing BBT as scummy... But im not sure about you either. Why ru scum reading NS?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

The day one where ns kept on sheeping me on the joram position, which was me townreading joram. Joram is still town. That sheep did not sit well and before ns left there was not much of a contribution.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:21 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Can you quote where this happened?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 157, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 116, HenryCabotLodge wrote:As for my reads being crap, you're scum because you declared me to be "obvious" scum after making a career out of castigating me and then removed your vote on me claiming that it was in the interest of hearing from more people. I think it's because you realize your case on me failed to gain any momentum and you don't want to seem unreasonable pushing me when nobody else is doing so.

JoramvanVugt is scummy because he voted me for voting somebody in my first post (something which he also did- except mine was in the random voting stage, If you're unfamiliar that's where random votes are cast) then he proceeded to regurgitate the arguments you presented against me. Moreover, he also expressed a desire for me to roleclaim on the third page when I wasn't in any danger of being lynched which is asinine and would be completely detrimental to the town. The roleclaim attemp from joram could be rolefishing, but then again he could have been making a newbie mistake.

This is more than just OMGUS which is what you seem to be intimating.

I think this is not a good argument on joram because newbies can do that and there never is any telling on what newbies can do. I still think that omgus is not necessarily a scumtell or a towntell. I think you are on to something about ttheespio since the unvote can give us a tell on his alignment. I hate how you went overly defensive on the accusations though. It just seemed weird like how you react to simple accusations.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:27 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I don't see it...
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 795, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Ugh, I kind of want to town read you just because you're here and willing to work with me.

I don't know if that's because nobody else is posting and I want someone to share thoughts with or if it's because I think we can compromise on Bulba and I don't see you bussing your buddy in that scenario.

But if Bulba flipped town I would feel really stupid for not lynching one of you/NS when it would be obvious that this is the route you would take as scum to protect your buddy and take attention away from your voting patterns.

I need help from someone. Can people start posting please?

In post 796, Bulbazoor wrote:What is the read on me? I bet if I was on here talking it woul not change anything, but everyone is so willing to compromise on anyone else....

I still see problems in BBT. If you read me scum, why do you have doubts on me? Were you not sure on your read on me a few minutes ago? THespio, IS PUSHING A SCUMREAD ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE?!

In post 803, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 157, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 116, HenryCabotLodge wrote:As for my reads being crap, you're scum because you declared me to be "obvious" scum after making a career out of castigating me and then removed your vote on me claiming that it was in the interest of hearing from more people. I think it's because you realize your case on me failed to gain any momentum and you don't want to seem unreasonable pushing me when nobody else is doing so.

JoramvanVugt is scummy because he voted me for voting somebody in my first post (something which he also did- except mine was in the random voting stage, If you're unfamiliar that's where random votes are cast) then he proceeded to regurgitate the arguments you presented against me. Moreover, he also expressed a desire for me to roleclaim on the third page when I wasn't in any danger of being lynched which is asinine and would be completely detrimental to the town. The roleclaim attemp from joram could be rolefishing, but then again he could have been making a newbie mistake.

This is more than just OMGUS which is what you seem to be intimating.

I think this is not a good argument on joram because newbies can do that and there never is any telling on what newbies can do. I still think that omgus is not necessarily a scumtell or a towntell. I think you are on to something about ttheespio since the unvote can give us a tell on his alignment. I hate how you went overly defensive on the accusations though. It just seemed weird like how you react to simple accusations.

I dont think this post displays that you considered him town... more that you were null on his action...
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 142, notscience wrote:Town-
Akuseru
HCL
Thespio- I'm not really sure on this one. I think the cockiness looks town but.. I'm also questioning if all the most active players are town.

Others-
Stoz- I'm really bothered. He looks like he's lost so I could understand it from a newbie in his first game but hes already been in one. It looks more like scum feigning lost but it's not something i'm totally confident in
veegee- see my iso
Stubbs- looks okay on the surface but eh
micc- ^
JV

Was jora anywheere on there before I gave my read on him out? ALso, never shows a read on stz as scum until I say it.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I was hinting at a lean on town.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 807, Bulbazoor wrote:I was hinting at a lean on town.

but... you didnt put him in the town category...
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I DID.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Thespio »

No, you just said that the action described is null, regardless how does this make NS scum?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Looking for something to shhep that makes it seem unobvious.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 811, Bulbazoor wrote:Looking for something to shhep that makes it seem unobvious.

Elaborate pls.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Thespio »

PLS!!
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:10 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Look at ns iso. He ultimately sheeps me on joram being town for no reason. He then agrees that stoz is scum when I came up with that at first and he basically calls people that I called scum scum, example being stoz, and town town, example joram.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 am

Post by Thespio »

I did notice the whole Stoz thing, before i make a decission I want to know why NS lynched Stoz
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Akuseru »

@bulbazoor

NS was scum reading stoz before you even joined the game (or at least not town reading him. I think it's safe to say his "eh" are those he's suspecting).

Also, why do you consider it sheeping? why can't it just be a similar viewpoint? Is it because his votes and reads come after yours? How is that scummy? HCL and I voted/expressed similar thoughts on stoz (before NS' "sheeping" post). THESPIO EVEN CHANGED HIS READ TO MATCH YOURS! (stoz went from town to scummy - this is implied from his vote after you placed yours - and Joram went from town to null - thespio even later votes joram after someone else votes them, but I guess you don't care about that second one because it's only sheeping when it's done to you and only certain people count at that smh).

As for NS' read on Joram, he could have plenty of reasons for thinking Joram is town (ie: After some discussion, other players started to look more scummy to him and by PoE Joram isn't on his radar anymore/more likely town, or Joram something about Joram's posting/behaviour struck his as town etc)

Also this happened:

In post 814, Bulbazoor wrote:He ultimately sheeps me on joram being town for no reason.

In post 276, notscience wrote:Because mafia either has a RB/Goon or 2 goons.

RB/goon has a 50% chance of having a cop versus a 25% chance with goon/goon.

It looks like his team is rb/goon and he;s assuming there's a cop.

So

That doesn't look like someone who's sheeping you. You just gave another reason for why you think Joram is town, and he countered it. Considering he's town reading joram, it means in spite of that scum possibility he probably had (his own) reasons for still town reading Joram. Later on in the game he pushes his town read by pointing out, what he believes to be, Joram's recent town behaviour. All you, bulba, ever did was repeat how you think Joram is town because he's new or "being towny". You even changed your vote to help lynch Joram while NS held his ground! Yet you still claim, NS is sheeping you?!!!

By the way, thespio has done most, if not all, of what you're accusing NS of doing + his obvious scummy behaviour, but you still voted for NS. You could have started a wagon on thespio (NS didn't even have a wagon when you voted him). Do you have some grudge against NS or something? To be honest I can't decide if you're scum or you're just scummy town :/

Also, I really don't think NS can be mafia. Why promote your lynch day 2 (with no night kill)? I heard he's done it before as scum, but I'm not suspecting it in this game. Feels more like he's doing a favour by helping town gather info from this wagon (I saw it as the same thing when he first introduced the idea to avoid a Joram lynch - a lynch, that if it had gone through and he flipped town, would tell us nothing/be a waste of a lynch). I also don't even agree with a lot of the scum reads made on him. I'd rather focus on my scum reads like bulba or my null reads (which, are probably more likely to be mafia since scum are avoid making any potential action/post that can be interpreted as scummy, unlike town who might still go ahead and risk a misunderstanding of motives to get closer to lynching scum). I'm looking at you Micc.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Akuseru »

EBWOP:

Sorry, I posted the wrong quote up there. It should be these two:

In post 275, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 270, JoramvanVugt wrote:UNVOTE: Thespio
VOTE: Stoz

Ill jump on the bandwaggon

And please cop invest me tonight and you will find out that im actually town

Town says this. Why would maf say this unless it is an attempt to appeal, which i doubt it is.

In post 276, notscience wrote:Because mafia either has a RB/Goon or 2 goons.

RB/goon has a 50% chance of having a cop versus a 25% chance with goon/goon.

It looks like his team is rb/goon and he;s assuming there's a cop.

So
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

Missed a lot- gonna try to cover at least the big stuff.

In post 741, Akuseru wrote:

In post 657, HenryCabotLodge wrote:But the thing that bothers me about it now that I'm reading it again is the fact that bulbazoor seems to think it would be somehow less scummy for notscience to hammer someone both he and notscience read as town over Stoz, someone they both agreed was scummy.
I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning behind that one. I get the opposition to the self-hammer, but I don't know how lynching someone you both mutually read as town would be more desirable.

Exactly, and he doesn't care to explain it either.

In post 657, HenryCabotLodge wrote:Despite this, his suspicion of notscience doesn't seem forced to me today.

Explain. I understand why someone might want to vote for NS, but why does bublazoor want to vote for NS?

Obviously, I can't speak for Bulbazoor. I'll admit that maybe I'm not reading enough into his read of notscience since it supports my own.

How do you know that thespio? First you were sure he was scum, then you we're conflicted between him and bulba, and now he's definitely town? Smh
I really hope you're not scum. I keep excusing you because I keep thinking "It's just thespio being thespio". You're consistent with your inconsistency (votes, reads, opinions etc), if that makes any sense. You're everything I'd imagine scum would try to avoid being.

You've described my feelings on Thespio perfectly. The illogic and inconsistency make me want to vote him, but you're right- why would scum act the way he does? This is bordering on wifom now though.

In post 748, Bulbazoor wrote:Sorry for the language. I def beliege that other scum besides not are in stubbs, espio, or hcl
I just do not feel strongly for hcl as scum. So its theespio as my second option.

Can you elaborate on your reading me as scum? Seems like it came out of nowhere honestly.

In post 757, Thespio wrote:
In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why does not justifying myself make me scum? (I have justified everything I have said but I'm humoring you). I have just finished catching up on a 30 page game and you wanted me to go back and reread all of my posts when they were right there for you to read. If you can't be bothered to look, why should I? I don't need to convince you to vote NS, I don't think you're the bussing type. I need the rest of town to understand what I'm saying.

Because its not there, thats why im asking you to show me where it is. Because at this point it is not even a real thing, you just assert its existence.

In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why is it odd I brought Bulba up as scum? Are you town reading him? If so, why? I'm pushing NS because I think he is scum and he has the biggest wagon out of all of my scum reads. Do you have a problem with this?

No, I read him as scum as well, its odd you accused him but you have left him out at the same time. Push NS all you want but if you read bulba too then you need to explain why NS is worse then Bulba.

Your vote seems to fall into the same category as what you accuse me of as well, you are sheeping, you have no support that you can show (Yes i know you have a recap but its not in there). On top of that you are jumping on a wagon literally because you see it as a popular wagon, that is your support for ending the day.

I don't see anything wrong with BBT's logic for voting notscience. He can scumread more than one person. If one of those scumreads has more momentum on it, why wouldn't he jump on that wagon? I can't help but think Thespio might be bombarding BBT because he's the replacement and he thinks he'll slip up or something. I thought when BBT came in, he gave a pretty fair accounting of what's happened and backed up his reads with logic. Most of Thespio's problems with BBT seem to stem from misrepresenting/exaggerating his points (e.g. the uselessness in trying to explain Stubbs' play, having his vote on notscience). I don't think it serves much of a purpose other than to confirm the mercurial nature of Thespio's posting.

In post 760, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Bulba, the base for your scum read on Stoz is weak. It's nowhere near strong enough for you to hold onto throughout the entirety of D1 in the manner that you did.

- Saw this vote coming.

- Bulba, do you have scum meta for Aku or are you making baseless guesses?

I'm confused that you're scum reading Stubbs for sheeping the general majority and null reading Thespio when Thespio has spent the entire game doing just that.

- This post feels town. Scum don't admit that their actions can be perceived as having scummy motivations.

- This is awful reasoning for your switch in vote.

- Thespio, are you getting bored because you realize I am scum reading you?

- Can you clarify how NS is acting suspicious? Also, can you state why you think arrogance is a scum tell as opposed to it coming from town?

Alright, I'm fully caught up. I'm pretty freaking sure that Henry is town, I'm also pretty sure that Aku is town. Micc feels town, I really like some of his posting.

That leaves NS, Bulba, Thespio and Joram. I like Joram for town, this is based on a couple of posts that I just find really difficult to see coming from scum. His overall play is scummy though.

I believe if we lynch Bulba/NS/Thespio we win the game. I don't particularly care what order but my strongest scum read is Thespio.

This is questionable. If your top read as scum is espio.. Why not vote him? Why do yoh not care in what order they are lynched in? I have no meta so any thing I say in regards to my reads is based on this game and only this game.

If he reads them all as scum, it shouldn't matter what order they're lynched in. I really don't see why people harp on that part of BBT's logic.

In post 767, Thespio wrote:heads up my laptop was... well destroyed, so i ordered one, it has 1 week to 2 weeks in transit. I will post by monday but typing on my phone sucks

Thanks for the heads up. I hope your laptop breaking doesn't have anything to do with being too aggressive with mafia, Thespio- I worry about you sometimes.

In post 776, JoramvanVugt wrote:its hard for me to read all the posts, but i dont think my vote will change. we should just hammer NS. Thespio the reason why you arent hammering is because he is your scumbuddy, if he is mafia, my vote will be on you tomorrow 100%

While I obviously think notscience is scum (hence the vote), I wouldn't be in favor of a hammer right now since we have a lot of other shit to work out (the implications of the Thespio/BBT feud for starters). Your theory on notscience/Thespio is actually not too bad. The way Thespio went after BBT (and with such a flimsy pretext) raises questions of what Thespio has to gain from seeing notscience survive the day. I know it's become something of a regular occurrence for Thespio to be overaggressive, but this is the most perplexing episode so far. Makes me think of day 1 when he called me "obvious scum" and then dropped his vote. We'll see if he drops his arguments on BBT so easily.

In post 790, Thespio wrote:
In post 789, HenryCabotLodge wrote:Sorry everyone, I'm here and catching up. Went camping for the weekend and was in no condition to post. Should have been more specific about it in my posts.

Thats fine, I was really bummed when you were prodded, I hate replacements and people, but replacements more. Do you think its possible that NS is scum and BBT is using him for town cred?

You mean, like bussing him as his scumpartner? Doesn't seem likely to me. If notscience flipped town after a hypothetical lynch (which is very doubtful in my opinion) I'd definitely be very suspicious of BBT (and Bulba too, btw) but I don't think it's bussing. The scum are down a nightkill already I don't think they'd risk falling more behind by sacrificing one of their own members.

In post 792, Thespio wrote:
In post 791, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What? I'm now scum with NS?

We should turbo lynch NS and when he flips scum turbo lynch Thespio.

That looks very much like Thespio knows NS is going to flip scum and is trying to tie me to the scum flip.

I honestly don't want to lynch NS, there are better lynches right now. The issue is I think ive talked myself off of NS and partially off bulba. I don't suspect Aku or Micc, BBT I hate you because you are a replacement, While i respect your reads and the fact you went over everything i lean town, the lack off substance behind wanting people lynched concerns me. You want me to hammer and end the day over a week early because you want to lynch scum, but the longer the day is the more we get to see people post, and the better we can read each other. Which throws me a little... Plus you immediately linked me to NS, even though I was the first to show suspicion towards him and honestly if we were scum buddies its much more likely that we would avoid each other not buddy. HCL seems town, Joram seems super newbie but town. So right now im sitting at:

Bulba>BBT>NS>Joram>Aku/Micc/Hcl

I wont try to justify all of my behavior, because this is my second game on this site and im playing 3 others from alternate sites, so as I learn im going to be erratic. I would rather have NL though at this point, Im not sure enough to support a lynch, just because its risking a Miss-lynch, Which would change the outcome in favor of scum:

Alive: 8

Scum-Alive: 2

Town-Alive: 6

Today's Outcome:

Miss-Lynch:

Alive: 7

Town-Alive: 5

Scum-Lynch:

Scum-Alive: 1

No-Lynch:

Alive: 8

After Night:

If Miss-Lynch Day Before:

Alive: 6

Town-Alive: 4

If Scum-Lynch Day Before:

Alive: 6

Scum-Alive: 1

No-Lynch:

Outcome:

Miss-Lynch:

Pro's: Increased Chance of lynching Scum

Con's: We arent all really on the same page so I feel like it will result in another miss-lynch which leaves us in LYLO. If BBT was appealing to Joram then joram will swing with him and town will lose (Assuming BBT is scum). Which explains why he is trying to link me to NS. I still want to see what BBT though NS was trying to do.

Scum-Lynch:

Pro's: 1 less Scum, pushes LYLO back, overall good

Con's: decreases accuracy of next lynch but we are likely to read people better based off of the lynch.

No Lynch:

Pro's: Increased accuracy after NK, Lylo isnt brought forward, overall neutral outcome.

Con's: We aren't receiving benefits from Scum-Lynch.

Overall I would rather have a no lynch then a rushed lynch that becomes a miss-lynch like yesterday. However I think if we are all reading bulba as scum and even bulba sees his actions as scummy we should be looking at him. BBT, I'm waiting for Aku and Micc to get done reading over you, because Stubbs definitely played as scum.

So, you're not going to justify your behavior but you expected BBT to justify someone else's and then proceeded to blast him when he didn't? Why should we give you a free pass for your own behavior when you won't relent on someone who vainly tried to explain to you why it's stupid to try to justify somebody else?

I think a no lynch is a terrible idea. I think you have a point on bulba and I'm probably going to iso him later, but I don't see where a no lynch gets us. We would literally be at the same impasse we are at right now. On top of that, the mislynch yesterday does not hurt us badly since there was no nightkill (!). We're not at a point we're it's devastating to lose a member of the town. I'm confident in my read on notscience being scum, but even if he did turn up town we would still be in a better position to evaluate people than if we decided to not lynch anybody today.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

As a tl;dr of sorts I'll just make a quick list of what I'm seeing from people:

notscience - Still scum. His absent is detrimental to my case since there's a lot of new information to go on, but I'm still comfortable with my vote on him based on what I've said already.

Thespio - Scummy, but I'm not willing to commit on a definite read. Sounds bad, I know, but even though there's a lot of suspect shit in Thespio's polemics, I feel like my issue with him stems too much from playstyle which I don't think is a really legitimate reason to vote someone. His suggestion of a no lynch is a terrible idea, but he's had a few of those already.

Bulbazoor - Scummy. Really liked Akuseru's case on him and some of Thespio's points too. His joram vote yesterday during the Stoz lynch is still questionable and I'm going to think more on his explicitly stated reasons for voting notscience.

Micc- Null. Seems to be a bit above the fray. I think he's legitimately proactive though. Am interested in what he makes of the exchange between Thespio and BBT given his own attacks against Stubbs.

BBT- Town. I enjoyed the comprehensiveness of his recap of the game and I thought he displayed better logic when engaging with Thespio and Bulba. In all honesty, a lot of my own reasoning for suspecting bulba and Thespio comes from his initiative and I think that's a good thing.

Akuseru- Town all the way. Proactive, logical, inquisitive- my praise may be excessive but I was honestly relieved when I saw she had a post coming up in my catch up.

joram- Null, leaning town. His enthusiasm for the quick notscience hammer startled me, but I can't take too much issue with it since I'm keeping my vote on him. Would def not be willing to lynch him at this point.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Micc »

Ok...

I think Thespio's accusations against BBT are mostly off base. The point about sheeping and going with flow being something BBT is doing is ok but everything else not so much. The way things read to me Im willing to buy that BBT formed genuine scum reads before voting the strongest wagon. That said i know from experience that that isnt hard to fake when replacing in to a scum slot. Overall im pretty meh about it.

Bulbazoor continues to be the one person I don't see town tells from. Thats usually my go to decision maker when I cant make heads or tails of anything else. Regardless I feel more comfortable with Bulba lynch than NS.

VOTE: Bulbazoor
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Micc »

Oh and No lynch is a terrible idea.

Its worth consideration in MyLo (mislynch and lose) but not right now. No way we are giving up the opportunity to have another death-less night and gain an extra lynch.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Micc »

@BBT, why am I off the scum list despite numerous mentioned scum tells in you catch up?

Also, How much of the overall Thespio scum read is because of NS interactions and how much is Thespio on his own?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Micc »

HCL, we should talk about this NS read of yours again.

Most of my issues with notscience can be found in my post [post=#<349>]349[/post] where I voted him on day 1. To summarize, I didn't like the way he pushed for the Stoz lynch, the way his playstyle had changed from earlier in the day, and the fact that he'd been able to be aloof through most of the day without offering enough to scrutinize. Not to mention the fact that he actually seemed willing to lynch VeeGee (the former holder of Bulba's slot) based off of him saying "hi" (something I still seem to get flak for even though my vote was first and at random). I know citing something that early in the game can seem like nitpicking, but I think it matters.
I guess I just thought his reasoning for pushing Stoz was flimsy. He seemed to put more effort into his case for Joram being town than Stoz being town, which I thought was telling. My biggest issue with his Stoz case was how he criticized Stoz's list of reads in post [post=#<201>]201[/post] because they were based mainly on activity, but in his post [post=#<241>]241[/post] he posts a list of reads with no elaboration. I know we're supposed to use "context clues" to divine notscience's reasoning, but I don't understand what being so coy about it accomplishes.

I had like 6 questions based off these quotes and lost them to my shitty internet. Ugg
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Micc »

Whats the difference between NS identifying 3 scum reads and voting the strongest wagon (which you seem to scum read him for) and BBT identifying 3 scum reads and voting the strongest wagon (which you seem ok with)?

Is activity playing a part of your NS read?

Do you see making an early stance in RVS in order to get the game moving as a bad action for town to take? Do you really think that scum-NS would come into the thread and expect to power lynch a player in a few pages and win like that?

Do you undrstand how answering the same question over and over might be annoying? Can you explain what scum NS has to gain from being coy and hard to work with?

Whats telling about putting more effort into justifying a Joram town read than a Stoz town read. He was voting Stoz at the time so I don't get what stands out as weird.

Hopefully we can get through this and either I'll feel good enough to finally support a NS lynch, or youll have swung over to Bulbazoor.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”