Newbie 1676 | Hungarian Nóták | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Hey everyone! Having just gotten the time to read through everything so far since I was added I guess I'll introduce myself with those helpful questions.

1) Have anyone of you played any off-site games?
Nope

2)How about on-site games? If so; How Many?
None, outside of a little bit in real life I'm a complete mafia noobie so any help or advice is welcome and probably needed. I'm also new to forum type sites for the most part so any advice on how to navigate/use this site would also be great. Thanks!

3) How would you describe yourself as an individual?
Nerdy/geeky, shy at first but generally talkative, almost always tired, Idk I'm bad at describing myself :P

4) What do you think you will be remembered for this game?
Probably using too many emoticons

5) Why are you not scum? (:P)
Because I'm not

6) Favourite pizza topping?
All of the meats and/or cheeses pretty much

7) Favourite Movie?
I like lots of movies but probably The Dark Knight

8) Favourite Song/band/music genre?
Lots of music too but right now mostly folk/alternative with a sprinkling of some rap and Daft Punk

Side note: I'm also Canadian! So yay Canada? :P Also I apologize in advance for my overuse of the tongue face as punctuation. I have a problem, I'm aware :P

I guess I'll join in on this random voting train so here we go VOTE: Belisarius
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 58, hiplop wrote:However, I am going to VOTE: mrcurlynoodles as I'm interested in your thoughts on the circumstances in this particular game. What are you feeling, currently?

Thanks for the advice about the quote thing this is pretty cool. And I actually did read/partially skim the guide and abbreviation page you posted and they were super helpful! The abbreviation page is probably the only way I'm still following along :P

Sorry for not posting that much I've been kind of busy but mostly I just haven't really known what to say. I think the whole discussion between Kim and Witch_Hunter seems like two people looking a little too much into things/reacting very strongly to each other but Kim's defensiveness is a little sketchy, though not sketchy enough for me to think he's scum. Also (thanks to the guide you posted) I realize that if he is town he should probably be just as defensive and his logic, for the most part, seemed fairly sound. Witch_Hunter's logic also seemed fairly rational, though perhaps a tad overzealous, and I found myself more on his side in terms of whether or not what you've done so far has been scummy (which your most recent post also helped with). Honestly even in real life I find it hard to judge anyone so early in the game (which I guess is the point of this RVS) but thanks to the discussion so far I feel as if you, Witch_Hunter and Kim are the most towny, though not enough for me to think any of you are confirmed town.

Out of the people who are actually talking so far the person that feels the scummiest is Belisarius and that's still only like 2% scum. At first I voted him as a joke because he said he was always scum, even when he was town (I'm not sure how to quote more things after having already quoted something without quoting the whole post), but his disregard of you voting him (despite it being on faulty grounds) and his quick, mostly unexplained vote change to Kim seemed a little out of place to me. Kim's logic about unexplained vote changes needing to be called out makes sense to me and applies to Belisarius as much as it did to you. So my vote stays with him for now.

Sorry for this wall of text :P I'm sure once I start posting more/get used to this format and how to quote things my posts will either be shorter or snazzier. But those are my thoughts for now.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

I'm curious why everyone seems so sure that Bluebird is scum. The opening posts definitely seemed quite defensive but I read it like Witch_Hunter did, just as a new player reacting to being voted first and for no apparent reason if they didn't know about RVS (I didn't know about the RVS until I read the guides hiplop posted). If they knew about RVS the reaction is a super-nervous-possibly-scummy reaction, but if they didn't it might have just been a first time nervous reaction (as I might have had in the same situation). This might just be me being a noob and not seeing the whole situation or just not understanding all the logistics of this game though :P So people voting for bluebird: want to tell more of why you think they're scum? Or is it just those opening posts and trying to put pressure to get a response out of her? It is pretty weird that she hasn't really posted since.

I'm going to UNVOTE: Belisarius because as they talk more they seem more and more town and my initial slightly scummy read was mostly a gut feeling anyways. Also someone a while ago said we were out of the RVS so I figure I'll save voting for more serious votes.

Speaking of gut feelings, Some Random Mafia Player's initial post, immediately bandwagoning on AzoriusSenate's post and voting Kim despite spending most of the post calling Bluebird scum, and the way they immediately backed down (kind of defensively too) when hiplop called them out on it also gives me a gut scum feeling. Their point about "just trying to create discussion" also seems somewhat invalid to me since some discussion was already had on kim, enough that some minds were changed. Then again, being someone who subbed in they might not have fully read all of that. And they have been posting a lot since then, seemingly trying to out the scum. So idk.

Either way welcome to the new people! Hopefully we all have a great time!

Side note: I'm aware this post sounds very defensive of Bluebird, but I'm honestly just genuinely curious about why some people seem so sure she's scum. I get the pressure thing. But beyond that I'm wondering what people's thought processes are.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 97, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:Read on Azorius? (to comment on more of your post I need this read)

My read on Azorius is pretty neutral. They haven't done anything to make me think they're scum or to prove to me that they're town. I figure they're probably town since we're the majority, but overall my read is neutral.

I kind of agree with what you're saying on the subject of read lists, though i understand how it could help scum. Also hiplop's realist did get called out and he justified it, saying he likes to give new players his thoughts to help them with the game. Personally I find them helpful, as a new player, just to see more of how people work through the logic in this game and get a feel for what people are thinking, however I totally understand how read lists could potentially help scum and, if you were scum, you could be doing it to encourage more people to do it (as opposed to just sending your scum partner your reads, which you mentioned earlier).
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

From my noobie POV I see early read list as potentially helpful to scum because they're (probably) mostly incorrect and could be used to
1) more easily convince other people to lynch a townie that most people only think is kind of scummy and wouldn't lynch normally,
2) see that their partner is going under and throw them under the bus to seem innocent,
or 3) just gain information on where the town stands and who is the easiest to sway/how to sway people.

I'm aware these are all things scum can do while just playing the game but I feel like it's easier with early read lists. I think the other problem is once you put people in roles on a list they become more "real", like it's harder to change your mind once its set down in writing and not just an idea in your head. Which is potentially self-destructive early game for the town. I'm conflicted however because I agree that more information about what people are thinking is almost always better for town. And it helps me as a new player understand what the more experienced players are thinking. Either way that's just my opinion.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 111, Smudger wrote:In post 64, Smudger wrote:
have you questioned him on this? Belisarius is an experienced player, would you suspect him to have a reason for his actions? I often don't react to a vote that is placed on me, for varying reasons. if it is out of the blue then I consider it to see who else jumps onto the wagon, as it may well be a reaction test for other players. If it stays for a while and there is no explanation even after the voter continues posting in thread then of course I will speak up. As for a vote changing without explanation why does it make sense to you for it to be called out? I mean are there reasons someone might do this?

questions here for you curlynooodles...

Sorry I totally meant to respond to these and then got sidetracked by the new players and then the whole read list discussion. I didn't question him, which was probably a mistake, but too late now. Mostly it was just a gut reaction to his first couple posts, as I've said before. I feel like the fact that it was a more serious accusation when we were still in RVS meant it warranted a response, even if said accusation was on faulty grounds. And then changing from his initial slight scum read on bluebird (the one you are all jumping on now) to Kim for no explained reason also feels wrong. No solid ground had been laid for Kim to be scum at the time, it was just a random vote, which then deferred the attention from Belisarius and Bluebird (the two people with actual scum accusations at the time) to Kim. While this may have actually been the right play since Bluebird has been mostly silent since then, to me it felt a little scummy. That being said, since then Belisarius has been fairly town all around since (though I still have my suspicions) and scummier acting players have come up, I let it drop.

In post 116, Smudger wrote:In post 109, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:
like it's harder to change your mind once its set down in writing and not just an idea in your head.

so you cannot change your POV as the game progresses? I see what you are saying but what is this game about?

In terms of this, I'm just saying its some basic human psychology that once you write it down it becomes more "real". It's why people create to do lists etc. I don't mean you can't change your mind, it just potentially becomes harder to do so. Which is part of why I acknowledge that early read lists could be potentially bad for the town. I think hiplop's response to all of the read list discussion pretty much encapsulated what I think as well. In fact much of what hiplop and Witch_Hunter are saying in terms of SRMP is pretty much on track with what I'm thinking.

Spoiler:
Side note: idk how you guys do the quote within a quote thing. I just tried quoting it and this is what it gave me. So sorry for that. :P
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:44 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

EBWOP I said since twice like an idiot. Kindly ignore my grammar mistakes :P
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

@Belisarius
Just for clarification what does TvT mean?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

@Witch_Hunter
That was maybe the most well put together post I've seen all game, especially once people started debating :P Just wanted to give you a congrats on the formatting, with the drop downs and everything, it was super easy to read and understand and the writing was super solid too. I'm just overall super impressed :P

Compliments aside, I don't think what you're saying is nonsense, in fact it's pretty much exactly what I've been thinking just put together better. I was/still am unsure if it's all definitively indicative of scum or just a really reactive personality who's new to the game and isn't playing town very well, a stance that I can sympathize with since I don't know if I'm helping the town as much as I could be either (though I'm not throwing accusations left and right and muddling the page with quite as much spam :P). That being said I will join you and VOTE: Some Random Mafia Player because at this point I almost feel like it would help the town either way. That sounds kind of rude but I don't know how else to put it. Everything you put in your post is pretty much exactly what I've been noticing which is either very scummy or very unhelpful for town. Either way I believe it deserves my vote.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Kim wrote:Question for most anybody on the SMRP wagon: Did you find their posts about readlists (, , the first couple of paragraphs of , , and ) suspicious?

I think I already made my opinion on early read lists pretty clear when we were having that whole conversation but in case I didn't the TL;DR is: I can see how they help town, I can see how they help scum and they were personally helpful cause they gave me a better understanding of how people were going about this game. If you want more on that I did have at least one full post earlier :P In terms of SRMP in particular I didn't think what he was saying in that conversation was necessarily scummy but they way he went about pretty much everything definitely was.

I am curious about why we lynched so early when we could have probably still used the rest of the day? Maybe figured out more about who's scum so we weren't starting D2 not much farther in than we started D1?

@AzoriusSenate
why hammer so early?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Sorry I've been so inactive guys, I've just been really busy this week so I keep going on and reading through what's happening and then getting caught up in other stuff or falling asleep because it's super late (like rn its just past 3 AM :S) and then forgetting to post my thoughts the next day. I'll try to be more active going forward.

Honestly right now I'm really unsure about who anyone is, aside from Witch who I also read as town (side note: If he's scum we'd be in a lot of trouble cause i think we all read him as town :P That being said I reeeeeeally don't see that happening). All I have is gut feelings and very little evidence to back them up. Everyone in my eyes has done some slightly sketchy stuff, but nothing sketchy enough for me to think they're scum. I know being neutral is boring and useless but right now that's where I stand. I feel like there's a lot of unfounded accusations and a lot of legitimate ones as well. If you had to ask who I was most suspicious of, right now it would be a tie between Bluebird and Azorius, because I feel as if both their accusations and, in Azorius' case votes, feel the most unfounded and diversionary. That being said they don't feel that scummy and I could probably be convinced of their stances if they gave some more arguments/evidence.

On that subject, just for clarity of facts
@AzoriusSenate
I also scumread Belisarius for most of the beginning of the day, though that, by my own admission and much like this post, was mostly gut feeling. But yeah, hiplop wasn't the only one, I in fact even voted Bel for a while. That being said, hiplop is obviously a much bigger target being the IC so I see where you're coming from, though he'd probably have been the target no matter what.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:25 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 289, Witch_Hunter wrote:
In post 286, Smudger wrote:
In post 283, Witch_Hunter wrote:MrCurlyNoodles, what's your opinion about the players you didn't mention - Belisarius, Kim, Smudger? Any one particularly towny or scummy? And concerning Bluebird and AzoriusSenate, would you join a wagon on either of them right now?

In post 274, Smudger wrote:MrCurlyNoddles, do you ask questions?

I'm giving him something specific, you're being grumpy. :mrgreen:

I think I'd need a bit more evidence to join a wagon on either right now, but I do think we should perhaps start putting pressure on them. In terms of my opinions on the rest of the players:

Belisarius - I haven't completely shaken that gut feeling from the first day, but most of what he's done doesn't show me scum, despite what Azorius said hiplop didn't have a solid case on him and dropped it before we moved on to Kim then to SRMP. So Bel is still null in my mind.

Smudger - Seems grumpy just in general, which is making it hard for me to read him. He is pushing for people to play more and talk more and he does seem to be trying to find scum, which all kind of points to town but could also just be a scum trying to enjoy the game. He also seems to have constant accusations on him and while they normally aren't very well backed it still seems weird to me.

Kim - Idk. In day 1 they seemed pretty town and they haven't really talked too much in day 2 so I haven't changed my mind. I totally get that personal stuff comes up but I'm looking forward to when they can come back even more so to the game :P Congrats on everything going well with your mom btw.

Currently my read list looks like this (getting scummier the lower you go):

Town: Witch

Null: Kim
Bel/smudger

Slightly less null: Bluebird
Azorius

Azorius seems the most scummy to me because, despite having taken the time to go back and find out hiplop at one point had a case on Belisarius, he either didn't see or purposefully left out of their argument that hiplop dropped said case because it was on generally faulty grounds. He's pushing this angle just a bit too hard for my liking.
@AzoriusSenate
outside of hiplop's case what other evidence do you have that Belisarius is scum?

and
@Witch_Hunter
what do you think of Kim's take on Bluebird and Smudger?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

I agree that no real town play is happening from Bel and that everyone is, and would be, still reevaluating their reads, as they should be; but my/our point about hiplop changing his read was less about him actually changing his read and more about why he changed his read. He realized he didn't have any evidence. His original point about Bel not RVSing was inaccurate as he did actually vote, hiplop just missed it, and realizing this he retracted his vote and moved on to greener pastures. This doesn't mean Bel isn't scum, he very well could be, but it's why we're all discounting your argument a bit and finding you scummy for pushing it so much. Even in this latest post you're pushing us very hard to vote for him without any real evidence and relying on an argument that was dropped for a solid reason. It's how much you're pushing that's scummy to me.

That being said
@Belisarius
any response to any of this?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 305, AzoriusSenate wrote:That's a whole load of BS. Everyone knows that scumgame revolves around LURKING. I don't care if you write this off as WIFOM but everyone knows that if I'm mafia I'm dumb to tunnel on someone. This is a legitimate scumread and it isn't based on hiplop alone! It's based on my reads of that situation AND my reads on today. You're really pushing the narrative that my FOS on Bel is somehow unfounded and are discrediting it. At least, that's how I'm reading into this situation.

I mentioned that there's still the possibility Belisarius is scum, and that he hasn't done anything town-like on this day. I even earlier mentioned that my original gut feeling on him was scum. My questions were more based on what your actual case is because outside of lurking I can't find what he's done that makes his scum, and you haven't mentioned anything beside hiplop's case which he himself debunked. This whole post feels very defensive to me which in turn makes me more suspicious. I do agree that Bel is either lurking or just very inactive right now, both of which are unhelpful, which is why I called him out at the end of my last post, but the reason you seem even more suspicious is because you're trying very hard to convince everyone he's scum but haven't presented anything outside of hiplop's case (since Bel couldn't really be considered lurking until now and you didn't bring it up). You're saying I'm really pushing a narrative but that's exactly what I'm calling you out for, pushing a narrative with no backing. Besides lurking and a debunked case, what's your argument? And why are you pushing it so hard?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 318, Witch_Hunter wrote:Smudger, MrCurlyNoodles, what should we do while they have their fight? Just watch and hope for good information? Take a side? There's still a while before the deadline, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing something.

I'm not sure. It feels like if we don't add on to the argument it's just going to fizzle out super quick (like it seems to already have). That being said I'm not really sure what to add past what we already have. I do agree that it's improbable for them to be a scum team but as scummy as Azorius' tunnelling is comments like this:
In post 317, Belisarius wrote:Join me against Kim. It is your destiny. Together we shall rule this galaxy as father and son!
Are what make me suspicious of Belisarius as well (though still more suspicious of Azorius). He also seems to be hard on the Kim train for not a very well explained reason since early in day 1.

In terms of talking about other things while they argue it out, Kim and especially Bluebird's current inactivity is unhelpful but in their absence I'm not entirely sure what there is to discuss since they're not bringing anything new. In terms of what they've done so far did you have anything specific to talk about or bring up? Which one do you find scummier?

Also in terms of this:
In post 313, Belisarius wrote:
In post 307, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:he hasn't done anything town-like on this day.

Oh? Working out that Smudger or Witch wouldn't have broken up a faux-townbloc by killing hiplop isn't trying to figure out the game? Explain this logic in baby talk.

I had totally forgotten about that sorry. That is pretty town. I'm still a little suspicious though.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 336, AzoriusSenate wrote:Let me make something very clear guys. The lynch IS going to be Bel today. Whether you guys accept that now is on you. If you accept it now it's going to be a lot easier on you later.

What is this?

In post 337, AzoriusSenate wrote:As far as other lynch candidates if Bel was dead, I'm looking at Witch and I'm looking at Smudger.

What is THIS?

Now I'm even more confused. I absolutely saw the potential in Bel to be scum and Azorius to just be angry town, though I wasn't convinced it was true, but what is this^^^? :P I can't decide whether to just be astonished or amazed at the audacity/arrogance in that first statement or a little peeved or laughing or what. That's a lot of certainty that we're gonna vote for someone with no backing so far. And more than that what's your case on Witch of all people? Smudger many people have tried (and mostly failed) to make cases against, but no one in the game has thrown an actual accusation at Witch. If you have one I'd love to hear it but I'm honestly completely baffled that it's even in your mind.

"it's going to be easier on you later" what does that even meeeeaaaan?

I'm sorry this post is so rambly and not well put together but I'm literally that guy in the mind blown gif right now. If you have some legit arguments please tell us. Idk if this even changes my opinion on you. I'm just confused. You confuse me :P
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In terms of the rest of the discussion that's happened today, I agree with most of what's been said. Kim's defence and generally their post has moved them closer to the top of my null reads, very close to actual town, and in fact every one who i read as null (Belisarius, Smudger and Kim) are all acting very town in my eyes and are around the same level. They could all turn out to be scum, and if someone has a valid argument than I could definitely change my mind, but for what it's worth I think they're pretty darn town. I don't even know what's happening with Azorius, I can't tell if it's angry town with a bad case of tunnelling and self importance or scum. And bluebird is probably the easiest vote since, as has been said the lurking at a time like this is really unhelpful. She also has had the most accusations with the least defence. That being said, hopefully she comes back and Azorius explains what's on his mind and there's some lively discussion and I can get a better idea of both of them and maybe my three null's too.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:19 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Admittedly I totally forgot there was anything except vanilla town and maf in this game so that was legitimately unexpected. Looking back that makes a lot of sense though :P Now I feel dumb. Well sweet, one down one to go ladies and gents. Though we're also down a tracker which is rough.

@Smudger
Remind me of the case on Kim? Is it any different than the case on D1 from Bel and Hiplop?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 387, Kim wrote:@MrCurlyNoodles, @Bluebird: Were you ready to vote for and/or hammer Bel?

I wasn't, but i was also dumb and didn't see what was clearly happening. What happened was good so I'm not angry about it :P

In post 398, Witch_Hunter wrote:@ Smudger: Your case on Kim is convincing. But 1) either MrCurlyNoodles or Bluebird needs to agree, and 2) he's supposed to offer his defense later today, why lynch him before that? Are you that sure about it?

I agree with this, convincing case and I wouldn't be opposed to the lynch, but why not hear his defence first? After that I'm down to vote for who we vote for.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Honestly I'm not convinced Kim's scum. His rebuttal seems fairly legit to me. On the other hand Smudger and Witch have been the most town out of those who are still alive and have clearly seen things I have not in the past. The only situation I see Kim not being scum is if Bel and Smudger realized super early on that Azorius was onto them and so Smudger purposefully threw Bel under the bus. That seems like it'd be pretty hard to pull off though, and honestly the only reason I'm even considering it is cause they're the two SEs. All of this being said, at this point Smudger and Witch have been towny and right enough times that I trust enough to go along with them. And if I'm wrong it'll probably be pretty clear tomorrow who the maf is :P

@Kim
Stating intent to hammer. Please claim and all that stuff.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:58 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

So is this when I hammer? Or should I wait for Bluebird's opinion etc.?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:41 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Sorry I've been MIA lately guys I got real busy around halfway through the day yesterday until right about now. I'm going to hold off on voting still, waiting on bluebird's "few cases" and Smudger's 24 hours.

In post 420, Kim wrote:
In post 413, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:So is this when I hammer? Or should I wait for Bluebird's opinion etc.?

Others have said to wait for Bluebird. However, I'd add that since the game will be over if I turn up scum, you don't need to worry about what your actions will be in case I do flip scum. (Protip: I won't.) Therefore, I don't think it would hurt to take the time to think about what a townflip for me would mean to you and your opinion of the others.

I think we should talk about this in the meantime: if if IF Kim is town, who's the scummiest right now? He makes a compelling case against Witch. But Smudger has also been key to both the town lynches thus far. And bluebirds been mostly MIA/lurking pretty much all game. So I...really have no clue :P anyone have anything to say about this?
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Well now we're back to zero :S Which is fairly unhelpful. This is a post on my thoughts right now to maybe get us away from zero.

In post 436, Witch_Hunter wrote:It's only now I noticed you're not offering much here. Everyone's scummy but yourself. Alright, but surely you think some are more scummy than others? If it were entirely up to you, what's your lynching order?

Sorry for not offering much :P I absolutely agree and though that post was mostly made to get some conversation going I should've added more of my thoughts. In terms of what my lynching order was at the time: Kim, WH, Smudger, Bluebird for the reasons stated in the post you're referencing.

In post 438, Kim wrote:At the time (which, I remind you again, was 4:30 in the morning on a workday), I didn't like his post where he wasn't convinced I was town but was willing to lynch me because you and Smudger said it. On reread, the post isn't that bad -- he was probably more like 95% sure I was scum instead of the 50% or so I was thinking at the time.

In terms of this, this is pretty much 100% correct. I was 95% sure you were scum, mostly because I didn't see anyone else being scum at the time, and since I trusted Smudger and WH that extra 5% of uncertainty mattered less. That being said my trust has changed slightly and my views have changed slightly since then.

In post 433, Witch_Hunter wrote:@ MrCurlyNoodles: Nobody's at L-1 since Smudger unvoted (post 429), so there's no reason not to vote if your mind's made up.

I noticed this and the reason I haven't voted yet is because, as I said above, the reason I ignored the 5% uncertainty is because I trusted you and Smudger's judgement. Now Smudger is rereading and possibly changing said judgement and you seem to have followed suit while my trust of you has gone down, partially because of Kim's case, partially because of your actions since then. My certainty that Kim is scum is not high enough for me to want to put them back at L1.

In post 434, Witch_Hunter wrote:Ok, Kim, you've done it. I'm actually starting to believe you're town who sincerely scumread me, instead of scum trying to set up a crazy counterwagon to save himself. That, or you took my comments about your passivity very seriously. Oh, you're still likely to be scum, but I'm not certain enough anymore.

UNVOTE:

Speaking of scummy seeming actions since then: case in point: this feels wrong. This post isn't how you've felt to me at all this game: most of the time you stayed behind your argument until a much better one came up or they had a pretty solid defence and, as you said above, if he's the scummiest person to you why not keep your vote on him? He's not at L1. Your sudden revelation at Kim's possible townness after this:
In post 404, Witch_Hunter wrote:Well then, I suppose we both agree it is a flawed argument. You saw what Azorius was doing, but managed to somehow misinterpret the situation that badly? Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

and this:
In post 428, Witch_Hunter wrote:That said - I believe you can see for yourself my play's been consistently pro-town and engaged in the thick of things. I believe you can see for yourself Kim's play is much more cautious and risk-adverse up to the moment his wagon got going today. I also believe Smudger's case on Kim is good, and Kim's case on me is a last attempt to save himself that hangs on forced interpretations.
If that's not the way you see things, feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, I've pretty much stated my view.

Also doesn't feel right. I'm not entirely sure he added anything more to his argument then bit of clarification and acceptance at some of his own flawed arguments. The sudden switch to him being "town that sincerely scumread you" feels like backing down and attempting to buddy after a possibly legitimate argument was put against you.

There was a very similar post from the other side however, though it didn't feel quite as scummy:
In post 438, Kim wrote:UNVOTE: Witch_Hunter

Taking all of this into account I trust WH less than i did before. If you want questions I don't really know if I have any, just these observations to how you've acted recently. That being said Kim is still the top of my scum list because ultimately I don't believe that his argument is correct. I think Witch's hammer was fine and logical and that's really the whole crux of the argument. WH's post above about how towny he's been all game, especially as opposed to Kim is correct in my opinion. His actions since then have seemed scummy to me, but in contrast Witch and Smudger's arguments agains't Kim still hold true. I'm now more like 70% sure Kim is scum and 28% sure Witch is scum. I leave the 2% for Smudger and Bluebird, Smudger because I still trust what they've done and Bluebird because it would be laaaaaaaame for the last scum to have just been afk pretty much all game. In response to my earlier question about who to vote if Kim is town, it's WH, and if both are killed and town probably Bluebird. Though I'd be uncomfortable with that lynch in general.

All of this being said, I am now going to VOTE: Kim. Not because I think they should be lynched (yet), but because I think we need to get the ball rolling again towards lynching someone. There's one mafia left fellow townsfolk. Let's kill them.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 446, Smudger wrote:my quoting is going astray, my post above, the quote is of something MCN posted?

PEdit _ ahhh its because I quoted from a quote of Hiplop...

it should be this one

In post 59, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:Sorry for this wall of text I'm sure once I start posting more/get used to this format and how to quote things my posts will either be shorter or snazzier. But those are my thoughts for now.

Ahh sorry I know my latest post was huge :S I do think I was fairly shorter and/or snazzier on D2 and up to the latest post today so I kind of achieved it? I haven't fully figured out the whole spoiler thing so I haven't been using those sorry. If you're talking about me posting more, I only posted like twice on D1 so I feel like I have been more active. If you want me to be even more active I can try, though I'm unsure what else I can add.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:45 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 452, Witch_Hunter wrote:Now, why do you scumread Smudger more than Bluebird? Has she done anything pro-town so far? Yet she's the towniest of us all, according to your list?

In post 452, Witch_Hunter wrote:Bluebird because it would be laaaaaaaame for the last scum to have just been afk pretty much all game

This is pretty much my whole reasoning. I'd hate for the last scum to be the one who did next to nothing all game so I'd rather believe it's not her. It's less that she's been towny and more that I really don't want her to be scum. She has no towncred or anything. I just really hope she's not scum.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:59 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

That being said I don't scum read Smudger more. At the end of my post I put them on the same level of wanting to lynch, with Smudger having much more of my trust.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:33 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

This is all a response to Smudger's post on me but I couldn't figure out how to quote it and put it all under a giant spoiler. But it's only a couple posts up so if you're confused to what I'm referring to I guess you'll have to go back and forth. Sorry :(

I don't really see the argument against me here. I'm a little confused to be honest. I do agree that I don't ask enough questions, and even more so at the beginning of the game, but that's more due to me being new and trying to learn how to play the game. I learn by listening, watching, and then joining in. I think this is fairly evident in my play throughout the game: I started off listening and mostly only watching as things went down unless addressed directly and only started actively participating about halfway through D2. You could say that's not very towny, but what can I say I was learning.

In terms of the previous times I was "under suspicion", I had made I think 2 or 3 posts by the time hiplop had said that and at the time he said a very similar thing about almost everyone. He never came back to me at all and even had me as town (and above you) in his readlist:
Spoiler: hiplop's readlist
In post 73, hiplop wrote:Reads right now for those viewers at home
Town
Witch
Kim
Noodles
AzoriiiousSenate

Null
Smudge
Belisarius
(Cmon SE's, get more active :P )

Scum
Bluebird
Some Random Mafia Player - Seriously, this is not a town mindset

And in terms of Azorius, c'mon even you can see I wasn't being suspicious. Without knowing he was the tracker (which even you didn't realize until later) he was acting the sketchiest he possibly could have. I get it, he was frustrated because he couldn't get people to believe something he knew to be true without claiming but it wasn't a "narrative" that his argument had no grounds. It literally had no grounds, we all agreed on that multiple times. I even said multiple times in my posts that I still had my suspicions about Bel, Azorius just needed to present a real argument.

So what's the argument here? Two times I was "under suspicion" (one of which was followed by that person calling me town, the other time I was only suspicious for being more active and saying what we were all saying slightly more) and the fact that I don't/didn't ask questions? And your first argument is that I'm scum because I'm too likeable? Sorry I just don't see it.

On top of that, just logically, look at what WH immediately responded with, if I was scum why wouldn't I have just killed Kim off ASAP? It would've been easy, no one suspected me and the three of us pretty much had a block. I hammer Kim than kill either you or WH during the night, then in the morning there would've been almost zero chance we wouldn't kill Bluebird and boom I've won. I know that's WIFOM (idk if I'm actually using that right) but the fact is, that's an easy and logical path that if I was scum I definitely would've followed through on. It would've been better to let Bluebird continue to lurk and Kim have no explanation. Even if worst came to worst and whoever was still alive thought I was scum, both you and WH would've looked worse for being so sure about Kim.

Moral of the story is I don't see it. 1) you're argument has no grounds besides you being suspicious about liking people and 2) if I was scum I could've had the easiest game and I didn't take it. If you have any other questions throw them my way.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #476 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 467, Witch_Hunter wrote:
In post 459, Smudger wrote:I'm not willing to vote Bluebird today, I want to wait until I get answers from everyone on my question about MCN. I will though be mightily pissed if Bluebird continues to lurk and Kim, you need to get back in here and play thank you.

WH you seem to be a little perplexed?

Perplexed? Maybe a little bit, yes. I don't see any good reason Bluebird should, I won't say necessarily lynched, but dismissed as potential scum. So far, Kim's reason didn't convince me much and MrCurlyNoodles' is even worse.

Do you really believe she's probably not scum, and that's why you're not voting her, or it's just that other candidates are better?

p-edit: I've just received your post on MrCurlyNoodles, will read and comment on it later.

I'm aware my reason not to vote Bluebird is BS. An important aspect that I seem to have left out is the fact that, despite the fact that she's very low down on my scum scale, she's also very low on my town scale. Which seems contradictory, but in my head it's not. I have a scale in my head on the likelihood someone is town and scum, but they're two separate scales not a sliding one. For example you're 20something% (wherever I put you earlier) on my scum scale, but still a 60% on my town scale. You used to be a 100% which is why i say multiple times that my trust has gone down, but I still trust you leagues ahead of Bluebird. The fact is I don't want to lynch her because lurking scum seems lazy to me and besides lurking I haven't seen much (though there's not much to see things in). It's more of just an inner feeling of not wanting the last scum in my first game to have been inactive all game. Which is dumb I aware. But until I get less suspicious of you and Kim I don't see a reason to look further into it.

Side note in terms of this:
In post 468, Witch_Hunter wrote:From a quick read of Smudger's 464 and MrCurlyNoodles ISO, preliminary impression is: maaaybe. If Noodles is not a bubbly teenager*, he sure puts on a very convincing act. Other folks still look more scummy.

* If you're not a teenager, sorry about that, it's just how I picture you. Then again, I do picture Smudger as his De Niro avatar...

I'm 18 so still a teenager :) and I figured bubbly is the best way to be friendly and learn how to play/get people to teach me how to play/use parts of the site. So this is pretty accurate.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Sorry I was busy. Though my vote wasn't that serious, I feel this is the right vote so I'm not moving it. In terms of what you said earlier about my reasoning with Bluebird, you're correct. I could be letting her use the oldest trick in the book because of emotions. I'm recalibrating my position on her and will have to figure that out if there is a tomorrow and she's alive in it. But for today I believe Kim is the best vote. Hopefully I'm right :P
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

Sorry for not posting anything the last couple days guys, I saw that the day had started at like 3 am and was like yay! And then was going to post in the morning but totally forgot. So here we are. In terms of the latest NK, I don't really know why WH would've killed smudger. It probably would've been a better move to kill me because both of them already had a scum read on Blue. Then again it could be him trying to throw us off that track, and that strategy might not have worked quite as well as I put it because why would Blue kill me. Blue killing smudger makes a little more sense, but idk if that's definitive. Honestly I could be playing this wrong but WH's point yesterday about me possibly letting Bluebird get away with the oldest trick is true. WH has just been more towny more consistently all game. Right now from where I stand Bluebird is scummier. I'm really really unsure about it, but I think Bluebird is the last maf. There's one thing I wanna see from either of you before I actually vote though.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

I haven't posted much today because I haven't had much to post. I've just been waiting for someone to say something to cement my opinion, which I'll elaborate on at the end. In terms of this:
In post 516, Bluebird wrote:Sooo, @CurlyNoodles, what was with the interaction with Belisarius early in the game? What made you think he was town? Do you know why scum would say you're town and Kim and I are scum?

I was actually the first to call him scum and throughout that conversation with Azorius I said repeatedly how much I believed he *could* be scum. Azorius just had no proof and was acting really weird about it, which I only later realized was him getting annoyed because he had no real way to kill Bel without claiming. But yeah if you're going to say I was defending a scum buddy, pretty much in every post I repeated that I thought he could be scum and I really never argued against him being scum, just argued that Azorius needed to show way more evidence. If you want more info on an argument against me, look back a day at smudgers. He brought up pretty much everything you could, was proved wrong and moved on:
In post 484, Smudger wrote:
In post 475, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:Moral of the story is I don't see it. 1) you're argument has no grounds besides you being suspicious about liking people and 2) if I was scum I could've had the easiest game and I didn't take it. If you have any other questions throw them my way.

thank you, I wanted to gauge reactions to my thoughts so I could either include or secluded you from them, your response seems balanced and I accept it, plus of course this good point here:

In post 471, Witch_Hunter wrote:Counterargument about Noodles: if he's scum, why didn't he lynch Kim earlier when he had the chance?

People thought Kim and you were scum because you were both inactive and fairly passive when you were active. People said I was town because I didn't do anything they could point to as scummy and did multiple things that they pointed to as town. Am I good town? Maybe not, but the reason I stressed the newbie thing so hard is because I really am a newbie :P Once again just look back a day, this time at the analysis of Bels final post, and again at the short argument against me. In particular here:
In post 402, Kim wrote:I don't expect people to think that his final accusation here clears me -- I'd expect there to be (at least, but probably just) one true statement in there. (I happen to think that it's "Curly's play today is town.")
And here:
In post 454, Witch_Hunter wrote:Probably town. Not very active, hasn't contributed much of the time, yet his posts overall look towny. Confused town who wants to contribute and doesn't quite know how to go about it, but town.
That, on top of Smudger, is most of the town believing I'm town. So the scum says I'm town because I'm town. Gives them a air of credibility.

Finally, and I'm just going to come out and say it, this:
In post 511, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:There's one thing I wanna see from either of you before I actually vote though.

was not so much a reaction test and more me hoping for this:
In post 515, Witch_Hunter wrote:I had an idea about how to conftown one of us three, making things a little bit clearer. Any reason we shouldn't have a massclaim today?

Because I'm the last VT and by my calculations one of you is either a doctor or a 1sBP and the other is scum. So I figured if I could get one of you to claim VT then town wins. Or if you both claim a PR at least that confirms I'm town, moving us one step closer to winning. So out with it ladies and gents, what are ya? :P
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

I may be making the wrong decision, but WH's claim is just more believable as it's what he actually did. It was fun guys! VOTE: Bluebird

If I'm wrong you were really good WH :P
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

AHHH sorry guys :P reading over the dead thread I realized so many things I should have noticed/done better. Ah well, good job WH! It was fun :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”