Mafia 23: Siege of San Quida - Game over!

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mafia 23: Siege of San Quida - Game over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue May 25, 2004 9:15 am

Post by Dasquian »

The game is over, with a victory for the Town!

Survived (6/20):

Cubsfan4life - Townie
meaning of life 42 (replacing mlaker) - Townie
sycko999 (replacing KingEnigma) - Retired Thief
Yoko Kurama - Sleuth
Tigris - Medic
spork76 (replacing NanookTheWolf) - Cop

Didn't (14/20):

Phoebus - Townie, gunned down night 1

bigbenwd - Mafia Goon, eaten by something large night 1

Carmine - Mafia Goon, lynched day 1

Morpheus - Beneficiary, died of hypothermia night 2

FrogGurl - Townie, garrotted night 2

PopsicleStix - Mafia Goon, lynched day 2

JDTAY - Townie, fed to piranhas night 3

Green Crayons - Henchman, decapitated night 3

Uraj45 - Mafia Godfather, lynched day 3

Dragon Phoenix - Thief, turned into the town's breakfast night 4

dragonmaster - Townie, lynched day 4

Yanqush - Townie, lynched day 5

Corsato (replacing discer) - Townie, shot through the head night 7

Flying Dutchman (replacing gashlycrumb) - Evil Genius, lynched day 7

History:

Day 1 : Start - End
Day 2 : Start - End
Day 3 : Start - End
Day 4 : Start - End
Day 5 : Start - End
Day 6 - Start - End
Day 7 - Start - End of game
Last edited by Dasquian on Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:14 am, edited 33 times in total.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue May 25, 2004 9:23 am

Post by Dasquian »

Rules, stolen from Werebear, who stole them from himself and from MeMe before that, and... well, I dunno. They're the standard rules anyway, give or take a few rewordings of my own. Read them!

* Nights will last around 3 RL days. The deadline will be posted. If you need an extension, just tell me, I might need one someday myself.
* Days will last as long as they need to. If discussion lags, I will impose a deadline. If discussion picks up, the deadline will be rescinded. ONCE. If I have to institute it again, it’s permanent.
* Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. I will probably still see it, I'll just purposely ignore it, and laugh at you.
* Vote changes must be preceded by an unvote, or they will not be counted. See above.
* Once a player has reached the necessary majority to lynch, the day is over. Unvoting them will not save their life.
* No lynches are allowed, they require the same votes as a lynch.
* The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread.
* Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. No posting except to say, "Alack! Curses!"
* Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. No matter what stupid thing you've done.
* No quoting mod PMs from me, at all. It probably won't matter if you do, but it's the principle of the thing. Don't do it. You may of course paraphrase the information in the PMs.
* If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. When you miss a choice, you don't do anything, which sucks for you and your allies. You will have no excuse because I will have sent you a reminder 24 hours before :)
* If you're going to be gone any amount of time, let everyone know. Please.
* I am always right. If you think I made a mistake, you are wrong and should privately let me know so I can laugh at your foolishness. I certainly will not correct the mistake and be grateful to you for pointing it out, because I am always right.
* Have fun, or I'll gut you
good
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue May 25, 2004 9:35 am

Post by Dasquian »

Mafia 23: Siege of San Quida!

San Quida was a pleasant little town in the foothills of Sicily (probably somewhere near Renlino, they seem to have the same naming convention...), where townsfolk go about their simple and happy lives with a smile on their face, and laughter in their heart. That is, until the
mafia
moved in. Jeeze, isn't it always the way? A poor nameless, non-descript NPC townsfolk was found just a few hours ago, face-down in the gutter with a knife sticking out of his back - a quick search of his pockets reveals this crumpled note:
You're just a plain old
Townie
. You have no night actions, and you win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!
Looks like the poor chap would've been a Townie, if he'd even made it out of Day 0. If there are any other Townies in the town, that's probably what their role PM would look like too ;)

Anyway - ancient tradition states that the arrival of the mafia requires daily lynchings and big arguments, so that's just what'll happen - thankfully the mafia (and any other creeps who tend to show up on these sort of occasions) are rule-abiding murderers, so they won't be taking the easy route of simply gunning everyone down in one go. Everyone makes their way back home for the night, hoping to still be around the following morning when "discussions" begin...

Roles are going out! Please CONFIRM BY PM as soon as you get your role PM.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu May 27, 2004 9:12 am

Post by Dasquian »

If your name is still in
red
up at the top of the page, it's because I haven't received your confirmation PM yet! Please PM me ASAP if you haven't already - I'll start looking for replacements in a couple of days.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat May 29, 2004 1:53 am

Post by Dasquian »

A big "thank you" to gashlycrumb, who's replaced Crola. Nemo and discer have been prodded, so hopefully not much longer to wait now ;) You can send any choices you might have if you want, but there will be a proper, deadlined night after everyone has confirmed.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sun May 30, 2004 10:44 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Well, I've got nearly all the confirmations so I'm going to go ahead and officially start night. The deadline is
Wednesday, May 2nd, 10pm BST (GMT+1)
, about two and a half days from this post. Any missing choices will be made randomly by me, and you might not like that ;) On future nights, missing choices will be counted as doing nothing.

It's
NIGHT
, choices please!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:06 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Phew, finally got a replacement for Nemo. Deadline is extended a short while to allow Tigris time to pick up his role, talk to any comrades he may or may not have, and make any choices he may or may not have (of course, he might just be a townie and I might just be screwing with y'all ;))

To everyone else, if you haven't sent me a choice already do so! :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:49 am

Post by Dasquian »

Day dawns on San Quida, and all twenty of you arrive at the town hall to decide who needs a good hanging. Actually, that's a lie. Only eighteen of you turn up at the hall and after twenty minutes of tutting and pointed looking-at-watches, you decide to go and see what's keeping Phoebus and bigbenwd.

First stop is Phoebus' house, and it appears he's got a terminal case of being brutally gunned down and dying alone in a pool of his own blood. He won't be making today's meeting, or any future ones for that matter. That's a shame, because he was a
Townie
, and had only the best of intentions.

Disheartened, the crowd head to bigbenwd's house - perhaps he just forgot to get up? Unfortunately, no. You don't find bigbenwd, but you
do
find a crushed skeleton, soaked in digestive juices and wearing scraps of fur. The mind boggles. It's not all bad news though, as a search (well, looting) of his house reveals empty pizza boxes, tommy-guns, spare horse heads, and various other clues that prove that ben was a
Mafia Goon

It is
DAY
! With 18 of you alive, 10 votes are needed for a lynch. Start talking...
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:43 am

Post by Dasquian »

Your very first vote count! I will do one a page if possible, let me know if you want extra counts (or fewer counts, I guess).

PopsicleStix - 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
Yoko Kurama - 2 (dragonmaster, Carmine)
mlaker - 1 (Uraj45)
Green Crayons - 1 (Cubsfan4life)
JDTAY - 2 (KingEnigma, discer)
Carmine - 3 (PopsicleStix, gashlycrumb, Yoko Kurama)
Morpheus - 1 (FrogGurl)
discer - 2 (NanookTheWolf, JDTAY)
Not voting - 5 (Morpheus, mlaker, Yanqush, Green Crayons, Tigris)

10 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:57 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Vote count!

PopsicleStix - 3 (Dragon Phoenix, Green Crayons, Carmine)
Yoko Kurama - 1 (dragonmaster)
mlaker - 1 (Uraj45)
Green Crayons - 1 (Cubsfan4life)
Carmine - 2 (Yoko Kurama, Yanqush)
Morpheus - 2 (FrogGurl, gashlycrumb)
discer - 2 (NanookTheWolf, JDTAY)
Yanqush - 2 (Tigris, PopsicleStix)
Not voting - 2 (Morpheus, mlaker)

10 to lynch.

PopsicleStix's vote of Green Crayons wasn't counted, because his unvote of Carmine wasn't counted, because he was voting Yanqush when he tried to make that unvote. Needlessly pedantic? Why yes, I am, so be more careful when you vote and unvote ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:58 am

Post by Dasquian »

Another vote count seemed appropriate, if only to make it easier on me for the next page :)

PopsicleStix - 1 (Carmine)
Carmine - 7 (Yoko Kurama, Yanqush, JDTAY, Uraj45, Dragon Phoenix, Green Crayons, Cubsfan4life)
discer - 1 (NanookTheWolf)
Yanqush - 2 (Tigris, PopsicleStix)
Not voting - 2 (Morpheus, mlaker)

10 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

Page 4 vote count...

Carmine - 9 (Yoko Kurama, Yanqush, JDTAY, Uraj45, Dragon Phoenix, Green Crayons, Cubsfan4life, mlaker, PopsicleStix)
Not voting - 4 (Morpheus, Tigris, discer, KingEnigma)

10 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:05 am

Post by Dasquian »

And with that, we have a lynch majority!

Carmine - 10 (Yoko Kurama, Yanqush, JDTAY, Uraj45, Dragon Phoenix, Green Crayons, Cubsfan4life, mlaker, PopsicleStix, Tigris)

Not voting - 3 (Morpheus, discer, KingEnigma)

The crowd gather around Carmine looking menacing, and holding a prepared noose in a menacing way.

"Mamma mi-a!" exclaims Carmine, "You're a-makin' a beeg-a mistake-a, killing the doctor! You show-a me no respect-a!"

Unconvinced, the town string her up until she goes a curious shade of purple and stops kicking. And, a good thing too, for she was a no-good, dirty, lying, swindling
Mafia Goon
, determined to eliminate the innocent folk of San Quida, leaving no one alive. Phew!

It is
NIGHT
! The deadline for choices will be 72 hours from now, Thursday 8pm BST (GMT+1). Any choices not received by then will be counted as doing nothing. Get those choices in!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:51 am

Post by Dasquian »

A brand new day dawns over the town of San Quida, and the fifteen living residents make their way to the town hall to continue with the merry business of who to string up. Did I say only fifteen? Why, yes I did, because another two hapless victims met an unpleasant end overnight.

The first body the town find is that of Morpheus. He had been dumped in the local duck pond with a pair of cement shoes round his ankles. Now, the pond is only a foot deep so he was never in much risk of drowning, but, unable to move, he got hypothermia and died a chilly, shivering death at around three in the morning. Morpheus was the
Beneficiary
- although he didn't do anything at night, he would've spent the $100,000 he inherited from a rich relative on anything nice that popped up for auction. His money (which he kept in a shoe box under his bed) is put into the San Quida Main Street Redevelopment Fund, and never seen again.

The night's other victim was FrogGurl. Found slumped over her piano, garotted by a piece of piano wire, someone leaps to the ridiculous and immediately-accepted conclusion that the murderer gained entrance to the house by posing as a piano tuner before doing the dirty deed. Alas, for though FrogGurl was merely a
Townie
, she was innocent nonetheless.

It is
DAY
again! There are fifteen of you left alive, so eight votes are required for a lynch. Start talking! :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:23 am

Post by Dasquian »

Vote count!

PopsicleStix - 5 (Tigris, Yoko Kurama, Green Crayons, Dragon Phoenix, JDTAY)
Not voting - 10 (dragonmaster, Uraj45, Cubsfan4life, mlaker, KingEnigma, Yanqush, PopsicleStix, NanookTheWolf, gashlycrumb, discer)

8 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

Vote count!

PopsicleStix - 7 (Tigris, Yoko Kurama, Green Crayons, Dragon Phoenix, JDTAY, NanookTheWolf, Cubsfan4life)
Not voting - 8 (dragonmaster, Uraj45, mlaker, KingEnigma, Yanqush, PopsicleStix, gashlycrumb, discer)

8 to lynch. There are some conspicuous silences out there... just a friendly heads up, I'm not thinking of replacements yet and I don't want to have to, but that means everyone should be talking :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:19 am

Post by Dasquian »

PopsicleStix - 8 (Tigris, Yoko Kurama, Green Crayons, Dragon Phoenix, JDTAY, NanookTheWolf, Cubsfan4life, mlaker)

Not voting - 7 (dragonmaster, Uraj45, KingEnigma, Yanqush, PopsicleStix, gashlycrumb, discer)

The crowd assemble around PopsicleStix, pointing their fingers and baying for blood. It's clear that he's going to have to think of something quick to get out of this one.

"Don't lynch me! I'm scum!"

That may have been too quick. The noose is slipped around Pops' neck, and he's dragged to the gallows for the inevitable final punishment. Battered and bruised (quite apart from the various members of the angry mob punching and kicking him, he was dragged the hundred yards to the gallows by his left foot), PopsicleStix is hoisted up onto the platform, the trapdoor is released, and the crunchy snap indicates that the execution was a success.

A pillage of PopsicleStix's house reveals that he was the best-selling author of "Mafia Gooning: My life and the mob" and "When good townsfolk get angry: How honesty and repentence can quell their rage". Yes folks, PopsicleStix was indeed a
Mafia Goon
. His house is razed to the ground, and after an evening's soiree of roast marshmallows and campfire songs, everyone goes their respective ways.

It is
NIGHT
again! Your choices, if you please - the deadline is set at Friday 8pm BST (GMT+1). That's over 72 hours from now, so no excuses...
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:10 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Sorry for the delay, guys.

Once again, the town gathers for another day of heated discussions (and hopefully a third successful lynch), and, once again, two among you are missing.

JDTAY is nowhere to be found. Indeed, he really isn't in San Quida at all, but brochures for the nearby "Tropicana Island" provide a lead as to where he actually is. After an improbably brief plane trip over there, the town find JDTAY's body - well, skeleton - in a pool of piranhas, who are all looking fat and very pleased with themselves. The rope mechanism suspended above the pool suggests that he was slowly lowered into the tank by some kind of psychotic madman. JDTAY was an innocent
Townsperson
, he didn't deserve this kind of treatment!

Back to San Quida (and it's still only time for morning coffee!), and the next absentee on the list is Green Crayons. She's still in bed, with a horse's head on the pillow next to her. This wouldn't be so bad, but she hasn't simply overslept - the mafia have lopped off her head in return for the horse's. Eww. Green Crayons was the
Henchman
- though possessed of no special abilities of her own, she provided her boss with protection and anonymity while alive. Should said employer have met an unfortunate end at the hands of the town, she would taken over the whole psycho business.

It is
DAY
again! There are 12 of you left alive, so seven votes are required for a lynch. Wakey wakey!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:07 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Mod's note: Activity hasn't been
great
over the last 4 days, but I appreciate that it included the weekend ;) I'll start mod-prodding the various people who haven't posted in a day or two though.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:30 am

Post by Dasquian »

A vote-count!

dragonmaster - 3 (Yoko Kurama, Dragon Phoenix, Tigris)
Uraj45 - 3 (NanookTheWolf, Yanqush, mlaker)
Dragon Phoenix - 1 (dragonmaster)
Not voting - 5 (Uraj45, Cubsfan4life, KingEnigma, gashlycrumb, discer)

7 to lynch. Everyone's posted today so no need to mod-prod anyone :) Keep posting...
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:40 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Seems to me that this game is going steadily, but slowly - do you guys want/need a deadline? Or are you happy with the pace of the game atm (I don't know what the norm is here so I don't want to impose a deadline if no one wants it ;))?

dragonmaster - 2 (Yoko Kurama, Dragon Phoenix)
Uraj45 - 2 (Yanqush, mlaker)
gashlycrumb - 1 (Tigris)
Not voting - 6 (Uraj45, Cubsfan4life, KingEnigma, gashlycrumb, NanookTheWolf, discer)

7 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:17 pm

Post by Dasquian »

OK. I'm going to set a retractable deadline for
Thursday, 9pm BST (GMT+1)
. That's about 3 and a half days from this post, so please pick up the discussion a bit more! :)

dragonmaster - 1 (KingEnigma)
Uraj45 - 2 (Yanqush, mlaker)
gashlycrumb - 1 (Tigris)
KingEnigma - 1 (NanookTheWolf)
Not voting - 6 (Uraj45, Cubsfan4life, gashlycrumb, discer, Yoko Kurama, Dragon Phoenix)

7 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:18 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Oh, and there will be
no lynch at deadline
, if it gets to that. I know this isn't how it's usually done, but, if you can't reach a decision then your loss.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Dasquian »

6 posts in 3 days isn't particularly impressive; even less so since there are 12 of you :( Deadline stands for the moment and is less than 24 hours away.

Uraj45 - 3 (Yanqush, mlaker, KingEnigma)
gashlycrumb - 2 (Tigris, Dragon Phoenix)
Not voting - 5 (Uraj45, Cubsfan4life, gashlycrumb, discer, Yoko Kurama)

7 to lynch, no lynch at deadline!
Last edited by Dasquian on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 am

Post by Dasquian »

The mod posted a 100% accurate vote count, and definitely didn't need to edit it *coughs*
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:57 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'm getting the impression that about 6 of you are paying good attention to this thread, and the rest... aren't :( Since I'm out tonight anyway, I'm going to remove the deadline, and mod-prod some of the quieter players.

Uraj45 - 5 (Yanqush, mlaker, KingEnigma, Yoko Kurama, Dragon Phoenix)
gashlycrumb - 1 (Tigris)
Not voting - 4 (Uraj45, Cubsfan4life, gashlycrumb, discer)

7 to lynch. Votes don't count unless you unvote first ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:15 am

Post by Dasquian »

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging in twilight, I will get to it this evening (in but a few hours time!)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:02 am

Post by Dasquian »

Thanks for being patient guys! Anyway...

Uraj45 - 7 (Yanqush, mlaker, KingEnigma, Yoko Kurama, Dragon Phoenix, NanookTheWolf, Cubsfan4life)
gashlycrumb - 1 (Tigris)
Not voting - 3 (Uraj45, gashlycrumb, discer)

With the allotted seven of you needed for a lynch all in agreement in giving Uraj45 the heave-ho, he is duly led towards the gallows, and dragged kicking, high into the sky. His lips go blue, his eyes roll, and his tongue lolls out of one side, making him a very dead Uraj45.

The subsequent search of Uraj's house is
most
interesting - expensive wines, priceless paintings, and lots of fedoras. Yep - Uraj45 was the
Mafia Godfather
, intent on taking over the town of San Quida whether through hook or crook! This don won't be doing any more... er... donning... though. Because he's dead. Remember?

Anyway, it's (finally)
NIGHT
again! Yanqush and discer will be receiving mod-prods and will be replaced if I don't get a reply before Thursday, 9pm BST (GMT+1). Because of this possibility, although night is deadlined for Thursday, it may overrun. But get your choices in all the same!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:44 am

Post by Dasquian »

Hi guys, sorry things have dragged on. I'm still missing some choices, but it should be Day before too long.

Thanks for being patient.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:11 am

Post by Dasquian »

OK, it's finally day again. I can only apologise for the length this night has taken; I've got no great excuses, it's largely been down to my incompetence. Sorry guys, I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Anyway, first of all,
Corsato has replaced discer
. Many thanks to him!

Onwards...

Once again, the townsfolk return to the town square to see which amongst them have been brutally murdered during the night. To gasps of shock and horror, it transpires that Dragon Phoenix is missing - and nor is he at home. Inexplicably, the townsfolk search some local abandoned warehouses where they come across a most gruesome sight...

One large machine, labelled "Pizzamatron", a huge contraption with a large chute at one end, some unpleasant looking gears and shafts in the middle, and a conveyer belt at the other end. A lowering mechanism, set up above the entry-chute. A pile of freshly-baked Meat Feast Supreme pizzas. And, sitting beside the whole scene, Dragon Phoenix's favourite pair of shoes. He won't be wearing them again.

Dragon Phoenix was the
Thief
. He was able to break into one person's house each night, and steal anything of value they might have. Should he have made off with any ill-gotten gains, he would've put them to use - his victim would have taken to a life of crime themselves in order to reclaim their property.

Back in the town square and munching on fresh pizza for breakfast, the hunt resumes for the evil within San Quida... with 10 left alive, 6 votes are needed for a lynch! Start posting again!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:00 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Not voting: everyone

6 to lynch.

Retractable deadline: Thursday, August 6th, 9pm BST (GMT+1)
. This is just to get you guys posting a little more! :) There will be no lynch at this deadine or any other I set.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

spork76 has replaced NanookTheWolf, effective immediately

As a result, the deadline is being pushed back to Saturday, 9pm BST (GMT+1). But, if participation doesn't get any better it'll just end then with no lynch. Talk people! :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Dasquian »

Well, you guys can rustle up 5 votes even if you can't manage more than a couple of posts a day. I'll give you 48 more hours to either get a lynch, or talk a whole lot more.

New deadline: Monday 9pm BST (GMT+1)

But unless we're talking a few dozen posts, it won't be extended again.

dragomaster - 5 (mlaker, spork76, Corsato, Tigris, gashlycrumb)
Not voting - 5 (dragonmaster, Cubsfan4life, KingEnigma, Yanqush, Yoko Kurama)

6 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:25 am

Post by Dasquian »

dragonmaster - 6 (mlaker, spork76, Corsato, Tigris, gashlycrumb, Cubsfan4life)

Not voting - 4 (dragonmaster, KingEnigma, Yanqush, Yoko Kurama)

Cubs' vote brings a conclusion to a day full of awkward pauses, silence, and shuffling of feet. After several hours of saying nothing to each other, somehow the agreement is made that dragonmaster must swing for his crimes against humanity - and swing he does, going slightly purple as he breathes his last.

A search of dragonmaster's residence results in many red faces and a repeat of the awkward silence, though. His book collection includes no obvious guides to being a bad guy. There are no fedoras in his closet, no tommy-guns under his bed, and certainly no headless horse corpses in his stables. Yep, dragonmaster was just a
Townie

As a small burial service is performed for the late dragonmaster, the sun sets over San Quida. The service is wrapped up with nervous alacrity, and the fearful San Quidans head their separate ways, hoping to survive another night of terror...

It is
NIGHT
, deadline set for Thursday 9pm BST (GMT+1). That's over 72 hours from now, so please please please try to have all choices in before then. This time, if you fail to submit a choice, I will simply mark you down as doing nothing for the night.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Dasquian »

Another day breaks in San Quida, and all nine surviving townspeople gather in the town square. Did I say all nine? Yes, I did. Everyone's present and correct.

It is
DAY
, five votes are needed for a lynch.

Participation has been rather bad the last week or so. Could I please ask you guys to put the effort in to play the game, or at least let me know if you want to be replaced? Otherwise I'm going to have to do something drastic and stupid like start deadlining days or modkilling inactive players, and I don't want to have to do that. ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:54 am

Post by Dasquian »

Sorry I've not posted in so long guys. If enthusiasm is infectious, then this game is the blimmin' antidote :( I'm honestly not sure what to do since it seems to have so convincingly ground to a halt, and I need at least two replacements, but we'll keep going for the time being and I'll do a mass cull during the night of people who aren't active enough to send me a PM ;)

Vote count!

KingEnigma - 2 (Corsato, spork76)
Not voting - 7 (KingEnigma, Yanqush, gashlycrumb, Yoko Kurama, Tigris, Cubsfan4life, mlaker)

5 to lynch. spork's vote on gashlycrumb wasn't counted because he didn't unvote first. Yoko's vote wasn't counted because he didn't bold who he was voting. Yeah, I'm being a bit retentive about it but that's my perogative ;)

OK guys, I'll try and keep up with things and get you those replacements - please keep posting! :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:23 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'm here!

KingEnigma - 1 (Corsato)
Yanqush - 5 (Cubsfan4life, Tigris, mlaker, spork76, Yoko Kurama)
Not voting - 3 (KingEnigma, Yanqush, gashlycrumb)

Technically I should've been pedantic about spork not unvoting first, but slowing this game down further is the last thing we need ;) Anyway, you all crowd round the very still and rather quiet-looking Yanqush, prodding him for signs of life. Then you slip a noose around his neck, pull the lever, and watch him swing silently for a bit. After half an hour, it's decided that he's most probably dead.

Sadly, he was just a
Townie
:(

It is
Night 6
. gashlycrumb will be replaced by Flying Dutchman, and I'll send him his role now. Please have all night choices in by Friday 12 noon BST (GMT+1). That's about 2 and a half days from now.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:32 am

Post by Dasquian »

sycko999 has replaced KingEnigma. Deadline has been pushed back 24 hours to Saturday to allow him time to make any choices he may or may not have, and engage in any night-time discussion he may or may not be privvy to.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:54 am

Post by Dasquian »

Morning breaks over San Quida once again, and everyone's alive. Yep, all of you.

Five to lynch!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by Dasquian »

meaning of life 42 has replaced mlaker, effective immediately

spork76 - 1 (Tigris)
Not voting - 7 (everyone else)

Five to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:23 am

Post by Dasquian »

*sighs*

This had better not signal the end of useful game discussion. Do you guys still want to play? Because if not, that's a shame, but we can bring the game to a dignified close at least :)

There haven't been any relevant posts since Monday though, which is a bit poor considering there are still eight of you alive. I'm still hoping that you guys can pick up the pace a bit, but I'm also taking suggestions for what to do from here if you don't.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:20 am

Post by Dasquian »

Wow, posting sure picked up! :) Votes now stand at:

Flying Dutchman - 1 (meaning of life 42)
No lynch - 4 (Tigris, Cubsfan4life, sycko999, Flying Dutchman)
Not voting - 3 (Yoko Kurama, spork76, Corsato)

Five to lynch.

meaning of life 42's vote for no lynch in post 335 was ignored because he didn't unvote first - sorry, but I've already been strict about this so far in the game and I'm not going to be inconsistant, especially when it might result in the day ending ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #42) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:57 am

Post by Dasquian »

No lynch - 5 (Tigris, Cubsfan4life, sycko999, Flying Dutchman, meaning of life 42)
Not voting - 3 (Yoko Kurama, spork76, Corsato)

Being one of the more peaceful bad-guy-infested Sicilian towns, San Quida ends another day with no bloodshed. Years from now, people will look back on Day 6 as "the day no one died, that was a great day!".

It is
NIGHT
again, please send me your night choices! Deadline is 72 hours from now, Tuesday 9pm BST (GMT+1).
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

Another day, another cadaver - the blood-stained body of Corsato is found in his backyard after his failure to turn up at the town meeting - though it appears that much, indeed, all of the blood is from a single bullet wound in the centre of his forehead.

Corsato was just a plain ole'
Townie

It's
DAY
again, and with seven of you still alive, four votes are required to secure a lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:09 am

Post by Dasquian »

Votes!

Flying Dutchman - 4 (Yoko Kurama, spork76, Cubsfan4life, sycko999)
Not voting - 3 (Flying Dutchman, Tigris, meaning of life 42)

Following Yoko Kurama's lead, the citizens of San Quida quickly mob Flying Dutchman, slipping his head in a noose before he can utter a single word. As he is hoisted skywards, fitting violently and turning an unpleasant colour, he drops his fluffy white Persian cat (which, as everyone now recalls, has been on his lap for the last 7 days), his monocle falls to the ground and shatters, and a control pad with a big ominous red button it falls from his back pocket. Someone unwisely presses it, but nothing seems to happen.

Yes folks, Flying Dutchman was the
Evil Genius
, a diabolical mastermind intent on world domination, starting right here in sleepy San Quida. Each night he could execute a victim of his choice in a suitably psychotic fashion, though his narcissistic nature was always a liability, forcing him to applaud his masterful choice of victim the following morning.

And with that, the citizens of San Quida relax - it appears that everyone who meant them ill has met their maker. Some of the Dragon Phoenix pizzas are still left in the fridge, so everyone helps themselves to a slice, and a glass of bubbly. Approximately 3 minutes later, Flying Dutchman's mountain lair completes its self-destruct sequence, exploding spectacularly - the last remnant of evil in San Quida finally erased... or is it?

Game over, Town wins! Congrats :)

I'll post full role descs and choices later, but in short, the remaining players were a cop (Yoko), doctor (Tigris), generic backup no. 2 (sycko999 - the first backup was Morpheus), special interaction with the thief (spork76 - pretty useless after Dragon Phoenix died) and two townies (mol42 and Cubs).
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:30 am

Post by Dasquian »

I've never seen a mafia so quickly demolished... one night-killed and another inspected on night 1, and a third lining themselves up to be lynched by defending the person who'd been inspected. I really felt for Uraj, and gashlycrumb/FD too, when they were up against the town with nigh-impossible odds. :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

OK, here are all the roles and what they did!

Mafia Godfather (Uraj45)
Mafia Goons x 3 (PopsicleStix, Carmine, bigbenwd)
You are the Mafia! Uraj45, you are the
Mafia Godfather
- you appear good to cops and are responsible for PMing in the night choice of who to kill every night. PopsicleStix, Carmine and bigbenwd, you are standard
Mafia Goons
. The four of you must decide who to kill each night, and you win when everyone else is dead. Good luck!

Evil Genius (gashlycrumb)
You are the
Evil Genius
, a maniac intent on world domination! Each night you must tell me who you want to kill, with a suitably Bond-villainesque method of death. You win when everyone else is dead - well, nearly everyone. Green Crayons is your
Henchman
, and although you cannot communicate at night and she is unaware of your identity, she has the same win conditions as you and as long as she is alive, you will be unkillable at night and will appear good to cops.

There's a catch, however. As a narcisstic egomaniac... maniac, you can't help but afford yourself a little joke at the expense of the town. At least once each day, you must indirectly pat yourself on the back by giving your own actions as a killer credit. You must express tactical approval of the choice of victim, or otherwise compliment the play of the killer. You are excused from this posting requirement on days when your target survives the night :)

Good luck!

If the Evil Genius gets lynched, the Henchman will take control of their Death Ray, and become a standard SK who can only kill on non-consecutive nights (the laser is charging every other night).

Henchman (Green Crayons)
You are the
Henchman
, a loyal servant to the town's resident
Evil Genius
. You don't know their identity, but they know yours, and you must help them take over the world by ensuring the death of everyone else in the town. As long as you are alive, the Evil Genius is immune to night-kills and will appear innocent to cops. You have no night choices. Good luck!

Medic (Tigris)
You are the
Medic
. You have a first-aid kit, so every night you must PM me with who you wish to protect, and you will negate one attempt on their life that night. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama)
You are the
Sleuth
. You have your grandfather's priceless magnifying lens, and each night you must PM me with whose residence you wish to sniff around, looking for Clues. I will tell you if they are good or evil. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Cop (NanookTheWolf/spork76)
You are the
Cop
- though, not the kind who finds out whether people are good or evil, oh no. Your applications to homicide have been rejected for years due to your total inability to detect a mafioso even when he's munching pizza while reloading his tommy-gun, so you're just on the beat each night, looking for crime of a less violent nature. Every night, you must PM me with whose residence you wish to patrol. If there's a break-in, you will be told the name of the thief and put them in jail for the night. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

If the cop targets the same person as the Thief, he will learn who the Thief is, and protect them for the night. The Cop catches the Thief in the act, so they won't steal anything that night.

Thief (Dragon Phoenix)
You are the
Thief
, a local wastrel and petty criminal. Each night, you must PM me with whose residence you wish to burglarise, taking any valuables they may have. Despite your kleptomaniac tendencies, you're a good soul at heart and if you could only find some direction in life you might give up on your crime spree. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

If the thief targets the Medic, Sleuth, Beneficiary or Retired Burglar, they will steal their item and swap roles. The Thief's victims will be told that they were broken into even if they didn't lose anything. Theft occurs after investigations/protections and before killings. Yeah, I know it doesn't make chronological sense :)

Beneficiary (Morpheus)
You are the
Beneficiary
. Your rich uncle died not too long ago, and you inherited his fortune of $100,000, which you wisely keep in a shoe box under your bed. If anything nice comes up for auction, you might just blow all your cash on it, because you're that sort of guy. You have no night choices, and win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Basically, backup role number one. He will automatically buy the first-aid kit or magnifying lens and assume the role after they die. It will be announced that the item went up for auction and were bought for $100,000. In the case that both Sleuth and Medic die in the night, he gets to make the choice during the following day.

Retired Burglar (KingEnigma/sycko999)
You are the
Retired Thief
. In your younger years, you used to terrorise the neighbourhood, taking anything that took your fancy. Now you've turned a new leaf, and keep your crime money of $80,000 at the bottom of your wardrobe. Perhaps if you could spend your cash for the good of the community, to atone for your sins, you will. Let's see what happens! You have no night choices, and win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Backup role number two. Same mechanics, and gets whatever the Beneficiary doesn't.

Townie x 8 (dragonmaster, mlaker/meaning of life 42, FrogGurl, Phoebus, Yanqush, discer/Corsato, JDTAY, Cubsfan4life)
You're just a plain old
Townie
. You have no night actions, and you win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

And here are the choices people made:

Night 1

Medic (Tigris) protects Dragon Phoenix
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Carmine, and finds that she is evil
Cop (NanookTheWolf) patrols Phoebus' house, but doesn't see anything
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises bigbenwd, but doesn't find anything of value
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills bigbenwd. "He should be dressed in a ridiculous, furry mouse costume and fed to my giant boa constrictor."
Mafia kill Phoebus

Night 2

Medic (Tigris) protects Yoko Kurama
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects gashlycrumb, and incorrectly finds that she is good
Cop (NanookTheWolf) patrols Green Crayons' house, but doesn't see anything
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises FrogGurl, but doesn't find anything of value
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills FrogGurl. "I send one of my hired men, (a short, stout, curious old fellow with white whiskers and a thick german accent) to FrogGurl's house. My man shall arrive on appointment to tune FrogGurl's piano. Once inside the house, he shall garrotte her with piano wire."
Mafia kill Morpheus

Night 3

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Dragon Phoenix, and finds that he is good
Cop (NanookTheWolf) patrols gashlycrumb's house, but doesn't see anything
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises no one, paranoid that he is a schitzophrenic maniac :D
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills JDTAY. "please send JDTAY on a tropical holiday and feed him to piranhas."
Mafia kill Green Crayons

Night 4

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects KingEnigma, and finds that he is good
Cop (NanookTheWolf) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises dragonmaster, but doesn't find anything of value
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills Dragon Phoenix. "perhaps make sausage of him? something appropriate to local italian cuisine."

Night 5

Medic (Tigris) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Cubsfan4life, and finds that he is good
Cop (spork76) patrols mlaker's house, but doesn't seen anything
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) fails to submit a choice and does nothing

Night 6

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Cop (spork76) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Evil Genius (Flying Dutchman) kills Yoko Kurama, but fails because Tigris is protecting him "I want to attempt a kill on Yoko Kurama by poisoning his drink. (What's that poison Bond usually uses called? I wanna use that!)"

Night 7

Medic (Tigris) protects sycko999
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Flying Dutchman and finds that he is evil
Cop (spork76) patrols Yoko Kurama's house, but doesn't see anything
Evil Genius (Flying Dutchman) kills Corsato, with a single shot through the head
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:36 am

Post by Dasquian »

I was kind of disappointed how this game panned out, with the mafia getting so totally annihilated at the start of the game, but it was nobody's fault - just goes to show what can happen to your game no matter how balanced you think your setup is! :) After it was down to just the Evil Genius, the town were so clearly dominant with variety of powerful roles still alive that it was inevitable it was going to be a long-drawn out ending with only one likely outcome.

I was very amused that Dragon Phoenix was spooked enough into not using his ability on night 3 due to coincidentally picking the same targets as the Evil Genius on nights 1 and 2 ;) Thanks for playing everyone, and special thankyous to the various replacements who helped keep things moving!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”